Quantcast
Jump to content

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦


Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, minglan1 said:

It feels like they are building up GTY's fall from his current position of power.

The issue with ED where she he courts her displeasure, the Gu cousin incident and now the Maniang issue..The relationship between him and the emperor is getting strained. :(

 

Looks lik QH is somehow involved in these incidents.I am hoping he doesn't become a pawn in the power struggle because of his anger towards GTY.

 

 

 

 

To me, he already unknowingly became a pawn when the Empress Dowager was the one to bring him in to do the investigation. And I think that scene where GTY and QH walked by each other in the hallway, it looked as if QH was going to the Empress Dowager’s area.  We’ll see how far they draw him into the power struggle and how he pulls himself out.

 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

QH should realize the entire blame for bringing ML and GTY together lies on his own head. Who told him to pray for a good husband for ML at the Youqing Monastery? Thats why they say.... be c

adorable couple ============  

Aunti Kang short biography:   Back then when Aunti Kang and Wang Daniang were still single. For various reasons, Daniang was brought up by their grandparents while Aunti Kang grew up with th

32 minutes ago, minglan1 said:

It feels like they are building up GTY's fall from his current position of power.

The issue with ED where she he courts her displeasure, the Gu cousin incident and now the Maniang issue..The relationship between him and the emperor is getting strained. :(

 

Looks lik QH is somehow involved in these incidents.I am hoping he doesn't become a pawn in the power struggle because of his anger towards GTY.

 

 

 

It makes me think she might give birth while GTY is away/ 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Golden Flower said:

I don't think the previews mentioned about "woman going around the city accusing GTY of abandoning her and killing their son." May be that's what she will do...we have to see tomorrow.

@darkphoenix123

epi 55 preview translation (not line by line in details):

  Hide contents

As an imperial censor, QH brought accusation to censor GTY for not having unclean character, for defaming his governmental office as corrupt officer, and bringing bad name to the new imperial court. GTY explained to the emperor that he knew about this case as he met and saved them while looking for his son, he told him about his son abduction by MN and emperor at that time even helped him look for the son. Emperor then angrily said he would not be able to tell whether GTY went back and associated with MN again because of her good looks. According to conversation bt step-mom and her maid, the news was brought out by Emperor Dowager. Step-mom said GTY's one of new emperor's trusted aides. The person is more important and valuable to the emperor and ED will dislike that person more. GTY told QH that everyone in Bianjin knew about him and no one will bring about MN case to use to censor him. Since QH is very smart, he should know this and he is accusing QH of having personal interest (grudges). GTY saw the son's grave and told MN that she is cursing the son to die by burning paper money since the son isn't dead yet. MN then said this is the reason you let me go to follow me. 

RL is saying that Molan has been very virtuous as newly-wedded wife as she let her husband have 4-5 concubines after his first concubine Chunge lost the child (she had difficult birth for her first daughter for child being too big and lost the second pregnancy. I guess, Molan is the culprit). Molan as newly-wed is now more famous than ML.  ML said someone is kneeling without her asking her to (I'm not sure who she is talking about). Then, SH reprimanded ML that she cannot make decision in this family yet but why she is having tantrum, throwing things while the whole family is eating. ML then said since ancient time, no killer will stand directly in front of the person (I guess she is saying people try to attack/ kill someone secretly. Since their conversation is not complete, I do not know about whom or what they're talking about. I don't think it is about MN since they're inside Sheng's house having family lunch).

 

 

ML tone at the end sounds like shes really annoyed sounded quite aggressive to me. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

 

ML tone at the end sounds like shes really annoyed sounded quite aggressive to me. 

Well...I bet!  In my previous post, I translated "she was reprimanded by SH since she has thrown bowls in front of him and other family members (may be grandma also there though didn't show her when SH was talking) during family lunch". It wasn't shown but SH mentioned that ML was overbearing and has thrown things.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

 

ML tone at the end sounds like shes really annoyed sounded quite aggressive to me. 

Yeah they might have been talking about GTY or they might have been poking her about the stupid Molan and her husband being so cooperative richard simmons.. And she just wasn't having it because there are much trouble at hand than their despicable hypocrisy.. So she just gave it to them at once :smirk:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Golden Flower said:

Well...I bet, I said she was reprimanded since she has thrown things (may be teacup) in front of her father (may be grandma there though didn't show her when SH was talking) during family lunch. 

 

I didnt see anything being thrown or what was that what was said. The last word of that trailer ML tone does sound likes shes being aggressive towards SH right? I hope shes finally standing up to SH. 

Just now, Suzzy San said:

Yeah they might have been talking about GTY or they might have been poking her about the stupid Molan and her husband being so cooperative richard simmons.. And she just wasn't having it because there are much trouble at hand than their despicable hypocrisy.. So she just gave it to them at once :smirk:

 

Its about time ;p 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Golden Flower said:

The previews did not mention about "woman going around the city accusing GTY of abandoning her and killing their son." If you're guessing this, may be that's what she will do...we have to see tomorrow :D 

 

@darkphoenix123

epi 55 preview translation (line by line but not in details):

  Hide contents

As an imperial censor, QH brought accusation to censor GTY for having unclean character, for defaming his governmental office as corrupt officer, and bringing bad name to the new imperial court. GTY explained to the emperor that he knew about this case as he met and saved them while looking for his son, he told him about his son abduction by MN and emperor at that time even helped him look for the son. Emperor then angrily said he would not be able to tell whether GTY went back and associated with MN again because of her good looks. According to conversation bt step-mom and her maid, the news was brought out by Emperor Dowager. Step-mom said GTY is one of new emperor's trusted aides. The person is more important and valuable to the emperor and ED will dislike that person more. GTY told QH that everyone in Bianjin knew about him and no one will bring about MN case to use to censor him. Since QH is very smart, he should know this and he is accusing QH of having personal interest (grudges). GTY saw the son's grave and told MN that she is cursing the son to die by burning paper money since the son isn't dead yet. MN then said this is the reason you let me go to follow me. 

RL is saying that Molan has been very virtuous as newly-wedded wife as she let her husband have 4-5 concubines after his first concubine Chunge lost the child (she had difficult birth for her first daughter for child being too big and lost the second pregnancy. I guess, Molan is the culprit). Molan as newly-wed is now more famous than ML (I'm pretty sure RL was being sarcastic when she said this).  ML said someone is kneeling without her asking her to (I'm not sure who she is talking about). Then, SH reprimanded ML that she cannot make decision in this family yet but why she is having tantrum, throwing things while the whole family is eating. ML then said since ancient time, no killer will stand directly in front of the person (I guess she is saying people try to attack/ kill someone secretly. Since their conversation is not complete, I do not know about whom or what they're talking about. I don't think it is about MN since they're inside Sheng's house having family lunch, MN couldn't be kneeling there and MN already gone mad).

 

Do you think ML is upset because she realizes that Molan is using the same tactic as her Mom to get rid of the babies of her husband's concubines ? This is the first time she seems to talk loudly and have a back bone inside the Sheng family, especially against her father.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, paras said:

Do you think ML is upset because she realizes that Molan is using the same tactic as her Mom to get rid of the babies of her husband's concubines ? This is the first time she seems to talk loudly and have a back bone inside the Sheng family, especially against her father.

I actually rewatched the trailer and fixed my translation after you posted. It seems to me Molan was trying to kneel but her husband prevented her or she sat back down after SH pulled her up from kneeling. I'm not sure she is trying to kneel to beg ML something or ML brought up about CL causing ML's mom death. (Molan's husband didn't look that upset though he look uncomfortable. So, I'm not sure whether ML directly accused Molan causing foils for her husband's concubine or not (?)) Then, may be ML get angry due to Molan's usual tactics of crying/ kneeling and ML started throwing bowls? (just a guess...conversation is too brief and pretty sure cut in between, very difficult to make out).

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Suzzy San said:

Seriously from what everyone has been saying, you said it all.. ML is at this point just keeping receipts of the goodness she is receiving which thinking about it, it's so stressful.. To ML now, it's not about not trusting him, it's more about bot doing the best fro him.. They are so funny, on one hand GTY is thinking that he must shower her with more love, on the other hand ML is thinking of how to live upto his expectations that she has now try to make herself a perfect woman trying to make sure there is no fault in her.. So that explains how she doesn't want to show her jealousy or her insecure side because that is like having flaws, which is what GTY wants but ML thinks he just wants her to be perfect.. So funny where their misunderstanding lies.. I need their arguments noooowwww

I think by now ML knows pretty well what GTY wants, she is just reluctant to give it to him since she knows it would be her weakness once things go wrong.

 

Ep 48: GTY's brother said that GTY was avoiding his question. I think it's true. What do you guys think?

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Lunkera said:

youtube trailer for episode 53 tv version with MN and Rong'er scene and more

  Hide contents

 

 

I guess from the other trailers and latest episode, Manniang has gone crazy with the death of her son.  She went a litle cookoo cookoo in the head and seemed to switch from nice and normal to vicious and crazy.  

  • Like 3
  • LOL 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, minglan1 said:

It feels like they are building up GTY's fall from his current position of power.

The issue with ED where she he courts her displeasure, the Gu cousin incident and now the Maniang issue..The relationship between him and the emperor is getting strained. :(

 

Looks lik QH is somehow involved in these incidents.I am hoping he doesn't become a pawn in the power struggle because of his anger towards GTY.

 

 

 

 

If he does fall into the trap of ED bidding then I have even less respect for him.  It is one thing holding justice but another to purposely stir trouble for GTY.  These vicious people cannot stand to see our fav couple live in peace.  Stepmom won the award for being truly evil. Her son is actually quite decent.  He truly cared for his 2nd brother.  

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, frenchfan said:

If he does fall into the trap of ED bidding then I have even less respect for him.  It is one thing holding justice but another to purposely stir trouble for GTY.  These vicious people cannot stand to see our fav couple live in peace.  Stepmom won the award for being truly evil. Her son is actually quite decent.  He truly cared for his 2nd brother.  

 

Stepmom's son actually sounds like a reasonable and normal person, who probably has no idea how evil and devious his mother his.  CB always claimed that he really does love his brother and always asked about GTY while he was in "exile."  But then again CB is kinda naive so I wasn't sure.

 

QH ah, oh boy oh boy.  Where to start?  It's one thing to pine after another man's wife in his heart but to sink so low as to stir up trouble for him?  Doesn't he realize that she will suffer too if GTY gets in trouble?  Or does he want to punish her as well for not choosing him?  I really can't tell anymore.

  • Like 7
  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel they are doing a bit of an overkill with all the schemes against the main couple. They are literally getting attacked from all sides.

ED is plotting to bring down GTY....maybe by using QH,

QH, himself may be holding petty grudges....making trouble for GTY

Gu family and Stepmom

Manniang.....I think it might be the stepmom using her to spread the rumors....thats her specialty...

not to forget QH's nasty wife who's obsession with hurting ML is going to destroy her own marriage.   

 

I love the husband wife scenes that show them slowly falling in love....but all we'll be getting soon is plots, schemes and downfall of GTY....hopefully soon. So he can rise again fast.

 

One question....if GTY looses his rank, title and properties....where will ML live after he's sent off to join the army as a foot soldier. 

Lets hope its not in the Gu manor.....just thinking about it gives me chills.

At this part of the drama...most of the story tracks happening are not from the book so I'm feeling a bit on the edge not knowing what's going to happen next. :ph34r:

  • Like 9
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

More previews:

 

Spoiler

 

 

 

short summary for epi 50-51 summary (DVD cut):

Spoiler

 @gleek49

I guess you were right about MN going around the town but she didn’t say GTY killed the son. 

MN wondered around city with no baggage, ragged and broke having no money for food. (GTY and ML should have given her some money if they were to follow her. I'm not sure step-mom asked people to snatch things from MN as when she left GTY's house, she didn't look ragged! )

MN going around saying GTY has taken her daughter, forced her to leave and didn't let her be with her children. He is now trying to get the son from her. Step-mom brought MN to the capital with the help of GTY’s Bai relative (the uncle who tried to inherit his maternal grandfather's properties at the funeral) and she is enjoying her handy work. Her maid said that GTY is going to have a hard time from now on. 

(Very similar conversation bt GTY and QH as before GTY & ML got married). GTY told QH if he were him he would have made proposal to the girl family the next day after he knew he liked her. He said QH should have asked for ML's hand in marriage since he was studying at Sheng's house before County princess came along. He should have taken his help when he offered. His final saying was "Runlo, you should know that nobody will stay at the original place to wait for you".

 

  • Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, paras said:

Do you think ML is upset because she realizes that Molan is using the same tactic as her Mom to get rid of the babies of her husband's concubines ? This is the first time she seems to talk loudly and have a back bone inside the Sheng family, especially against her father.

This might be the case

 

1 hour ago, Golden Flower said:

I actually rewatched the trailer and fixed my translation after you posted. It seems to me Molan was trying to kneel but her husband prevented her or she sat back down after SH pulled her up from kneeling. I'm not sure she is trying to kneel to beg ML something or ML brought up about CL causing ML's mom death. Molan's husband didn't look that upset though he obviously look uncomfortable. So, I'm not sure whether ML directly accuse Molan causing foils for her husband's concubine. Then, may be ML get angry due to Molan's usual tactics of crying/ kneeling and ML started throwing bowls? (just a guess...conversation is too brief and pretty sure cut in between, very difficult to make out).

Maybe this was what happened.. Molan being cunning again.. She is yet to learn her lesson

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Golden Flower said:

More previews:

 

  Hide contents

 

 

 

short summary for epi 50-51 summary (DVD cut):

  Hide contents

 @gleek49

I guess you were right about MN going around the town.

MN wondered around city with no baggage, ragged and broke having no money for food. (GTY and ML should have given her some money if they were to follow her. I'm not sure step-mom asked people to snatch things from MN as when she left GTY's house, she didn't look this ragged! )

MN going around saying GTY snatched her daughter, forced her to leave and didn't let her be with her children. He is now trying to get the son from her. Step-mom brought MN with the help of Bai relative (the uncle who tried to snatch his maternal grandfather's properties at the funeral) and she is enjoying her handy work. Her maid said that GTY is going to have a hard time from now on. 

(Very similar conversation bt GTY and QH). GTY told QH if he were him he would have made proposal to the girl as soon as he knew he liked her. He said QH should have asked for ML's hand in marriage since he was studying at Sheng's house before County princess came along. He should have taken his help when he offered. His final saying was "Runlo, you should know that nobody will stay at the original place to wait for you".

 

@bold is exactly right! But QH looked confused/hurt at what GTY was saying so I am not sure if he is doing this on purpose...guess we’ll find out when the episode airs

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Golden Flower said:

More previews:

 

  Hide contents

 

 

 

short summary for epi 50-51 summary (DVD cut):

  Hide contents

 @gleek49

I guess you were right about MN going around the town.

MN wondered around city with no baggage, ragged and broke having no money for food. (GTY and ML should have given her some money if they were to follow her. I'm not sure step-mom asked people to snatch things from MN as when she left GTY's house, she didn't look this ragged! )

MN going around saying GTY snatched her daughter, forced her to leave and didn't let her be with her children. He is now trying to get the son from her. Step-mom brought MN with the help of Bai relative (the uncle who tried to snatch his maternal grandfather's properties at the funeral) and she is enjoying her handy work. Her maid said that GTY is going to have a hard time from now on. 

(Very similar conversation bt GTY and QH). GTY told QH if he were him he would have made proposal to the girl as soon as he knew he liked her. He said QH should have asked for ML's hand in marriage since he was studying at Sheng's house before County princess came along. He should have taken his help when he offered. His final saying was "Runlo, you should know that nobody will stay at the original place to wait for you".

 

Omg this is so sad... The son he has been looking for is dead.. What nooooo.. Looks like they stopped the first return Manniang was supposed to have and just killed the son once and for all.. Pretty progressive.. So sad QH is still hellbent on this matter.. So sad GTY is going to be so weak now and they have the opportunity of coming for him now, so sad his fall is coming but so happy the couple's argument will soon come too to make them stronger.. I'm so looking forward to all these scenes 

7 minutes ago, darkphoenix123 said:

@bold is exactly right! But QH looked confused/hurt at what GTY was saying so I am not sure if he is doing this on purpose...guess we’ll find out when the episode airs

I think he is just still so sad that somehow GTY is right about everything.. You know that feeling of confusion that how can his rival be someone this great and clear minded when he thought GTY was just a rogue.. Or he might actually be so scared that somehow he has been doing something he wasn't capable of doing before because of hatred and revenge so he might also hate himself 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Suzzy San said:

If after all this GTY still doesn't fall then the writer is making him an invisible hero really, before getting to these episodes I was wondering on how the thoughtful and clear headed GTY will be made to fall.. But seriously after knowing these will be the problem I respect him the more because it was his plead for family, his truth towards the throne, and his suffering towards his son, and his love towards his wife that was used against him.. No one can argue against righteousness but your move for rughtgeouness can be used against you.. I really I'm tired on behalf of ML and GTY on all this power struggle bullcrap that's happening 

Quite true.It is difficult for GTY to remain neutral.He swore allegiance to the previous emperor and is carrying out his order to assist the new one.ED might not like it but she wasn't the ruler in the 1st place.She was to help with transition only. GTY keeps mentioning to ML about the upcoming power showdown and that things might get rough.

As per him he has a plan to tide this over.

Unforseen circumstances like Maniang's machinations are already butting into his plans.Have to see if his calculations are good enough to weather them or he needs helping hands.

  • Like 5
  • Insightful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, minglan1 said:

Quite true.It is difficult for GTY to remain neutral.He swore allegiance to the previous emperor and is carrying out his order to assist the new one.ED might not like it but she wasn't the ruler in the 1st place.She was to help with transition only. GTY keeps mentioning to ML about the upcoming power showdown and that things might get rough.

As per him he has a plan to tide this over.

Unforseen circumstances like Maniang's machinations are already butting into his plans.Have to see if his calculations are good enough to weather them or he needs helping hands.

Exactly he had a set plan for all those period but all the MN bullcrap is making it hard so I think that was eventually made him go to prison, but he might have thought of another plan in the prison that ML might help him with.. Trust GTY for plans in a dangerous situation especially now that ML is here too..I'm so waiting fro his fall and how he rise again.. One thing I'm glad about is that even as a foot soldier he is still not to be looked down upon since he still has gu family marquis title but we know he love himself as a general so he will work hard for it again 

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, minglan1 said:

Quite true.It is difficult for GTY to remain neutral.He swore allegiance to the previous emperor and is carrying out his order to assist the new one.ED might not like it but she wasn't the ruler in the 1st place.She was to help with transition only. GTY keeps mentioning to ML about the upcoming power showdown and that things might get rough.

As per him he has a plan to tide this over.

Unforseen circumstances like Maniang's machinations are already butting into his plans.Have to see if his calculations are good enough to weather them or he needs helping hands.

 

How cool would it be if his downfall is all a part of his plan. Getting punished and sent off to fight as a foot soldier may be just the thing to get his family from out of the middle of the power struggle. 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Guest changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..