[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Rise of Phoenixes 凰权·弈天下

sugarplum892

Long trailer

I'm a bit confused... Ning Yi is living in her house and pretending to be a tailor?? That's how they meet??Why?? Isn't he a prince?...

I just started reading the book...its a slow read and Google translate doesn't help....but from whatever little I understood there's alot of changes from the book.

Spoiler

The first time they meet in the book is when he sees her killing someone....drowning a woman in the lake. Next time they meet he's pushing someone in the same lake. For next few meetings...he keeps coming on the scene when she's in trouble...but he doesn't help her....instead he watches how she gets herself out of it.

• Like 3

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Rise of Phoenixes 凰权·弈天下
4 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

Hi everyone!

Can I check and confirm that The Rise of Phoenixes will be airing everyday?

Yup, it’ll be airing as a daily drama. 2 eps from Sunday through Thursday and 1 ep Friday/Saturday 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Prays that Netflix picks it up! I can’t commit to watching it live

16 hours ago, dito said:

Long trailer

I'm a bit confused... Ning Yi is living in her house and pretending to be a tailor?? That's how they meet??Why?? Isn't he a prince?...

I just started reading the book...its a slow read and Google translate doesn't help....but from whatever little I understood there's alot of changes from the book.

Hide contents

The first time they meet in the book is when he sees her killing someone....drowning a woman in the lake. Next time they meet he's pushing someone in the same lake. For next few meetings...he keeps coming on the scene when she's in trouble...but he doesn't help her....instead he watches how she gets herself out of it.

I have read the first three books too and yes, it is one of these low burn scheming and political actions. Unfortunately the local publisher had translation delays and the rest of the novels will come out in November - December of this year. 

• Like 2

Since I can’t access the full episode on iQiyi, I was able to find some clips RAW on Weibo. The drama looooooooks beautiful and thank god for the use of on-site recording because Ni Ni’s voice sounds perfect. I have no idea what they’re saying tho...

I tried finding the link again to Netflix but it’s gone now which is weird. Viki and Dramafever shows no sign of picking this up soon so Netflix better come through or maybe some fan subs (like the one who subbed one of interview released). 

Not here for none of the sites not picking this show up tumblr_pd5xroFv3J1wrrylro2_400.jpg

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

I'm getting into the story after watching episode 2.

It's pretty political heavy with all the scheming and faking.

But the meeting of Ning Yi and Feng Ziwei is pretty funny and interesting.

For now, I'm sold on the story.

Side note: I just wish they have better costume designer.

No word on the subbing yet?? Looks like another long wait.

I was really trying hard to hold back and watch it subbed but I saw some scenes while looking for uncut web versions. They have really changed almost all of the story it seems....and just kept in the basic plot.

I read character synopsis...and it seems they also changed the character of FZW's brother. In the drama he is very over protective of FZW while in the book he was a troublemaker.

Spoiler

The reason why she was thrown out of the house was because the brother stole something and put the blame on FZW. Also later on he fought with and killed a guy who happened to be some noble's son and FZW, who was trying to stop them got accused of the killing coz her brother put the murder weapon in her hand and ran away before anyone could see what was happening.

Anyways,  I'm holding off on continuing the book until after the drama finishes. I left off at when she joins the academy....till that point in story, looks like not much from the book has made it to the 4 episodes....except for the emperor conquering the defeated kingdom of FZW and how she survived due to the help of some loyal secret group.....and also one other scene in the beginning.... of little Ning Yi, ambushing the group who were escaping with FZW. This scene is only included in the TV version with 55 minutes runtime....don't know why they edited it from other versions.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

I'm curious. 

How's everyone's take on episode 1?

There's too many names for me to take note in the first 7 mins of the drama... I'm still trying to absorb the story...

I had to watch the first two episodes three times to get it, but I think I've figure it out. You're not the only one btw. A character map was even spread on Weibo to make it clear for everyone who haven't read the book yet.

• Like 1