[Drama 2017] Sweet Enemy / Sweet revenge, 달콤한 원수

0ly40

@Chickpea hope you'll have fun binge-watching the drama with your aunt! :)

@desertflower @mel22 me three! me three! *raises hands up* I'm keeping up for the romance part too! :lol:

Episode 57 starts off with Sunho looking super cool fighting off the robber with a wooden stick. He looked so manly maneuvering the wooden stick like a kendo stick; defending, attacking, and threatening the robber. Yeap, that robber definitely messed with the wrong person. When the robber was gone, he switched from a dangerous-and-not-to-be-messed-with Sunho to a caring Sunho. While Sunho was assisting Dalnim to stand up with great care and preparing to leave together, Jaewook arrived at the scene and that look he gave when he witnessed the two, was definitely jealousy. Hehe.

Like mentioned by others, Jaewook has that sweetest smile whenever he looks at Dalnim (the dimples makes it even harder not to resist falling for him). He's definitely following Dalnim everywhere she goes after the false report incident in this episode. ^_^

And Sunho staring at Dalnim quietly at the restaurant like she's a mystery to be unraveled. (Which is true literally. Keep being detective Sunho and you'll find out the whole truth! :D)

Talking about romance, the-only-other-guy-who-is-a-great-colleague-to-Dalnim-in-the-kitchen-other-than-Chef-Jung is apparently smitten by the new girl - Geumsook. Dongjae has been portrayed as a kind-hearted person. Seeing him falling in love is new and interesting. He seems to be the kind who wears his heart on his sleeves. So pure and innocent. :lol:

giphy.gif

Must be crush/love at first sight for our dear Dongjae...

giphy.gif

Our Dongjae approached her with an elastic band for her hair and that adoring smile... Haha! Poor guy must be mesmerized by Geumsook. That is until *clap clap* Yookyung snap him out of the cloud nine. Lol.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woohoo! For me,  the best part of Ep 58 raw was the 'accident' at the very end. Chef JW has got some moves! Romance alert to @desertflower and @dynamo14:tongue: 

Good to see that DN has smartened up a lot today.  The rest of Ep 58 consists of the 'usual' plotting by two-faced SN on how to steal DN's  recipe, the quest for YR's abandoned daughter and GS being DN's snitch.  (The subs might reveal some twists later) No real surprises today . ... save for the end which makes it worth watching. 

Enjoy! 

PS-- From the preview, looks like DN will get a gift from JW (a pretty dress, etc) and DN's broth for the taste test would be sabotaged by SN. 

Ok...ok...this is too repetitive......SNake is caught red handed looking at Dalnim's recipe book and in the next scene Dalnim not only leaves her broth but also leaves her recipe book out in the open...come on now....writers....even if Dalnim doesn't get a clue the Chef should rise to the occasion and protect the secret recipe!!!!  

SNake apparently didn't know about the secret Extract of grassroots. It's so lovely!  She has the nerve to get mad at Dalnim for not writing the full recipe down!   So funny!!  A fake recipe book for the enemies!!  Dalnim did get smarter.

Will SNake be fired for steeling an employee's recipe?  No, she fakes an ankle injury to deflect the attention.  Now, she's all faking Dalnim is responsible to her injury.  What!  They're all paying attention to the wrong thing.

I'm loving the new former inmate friend ... she equalizes the situation...it's lovely.

Sunho better see through SNake's lies because consistently she has been caught doing bad things to Dalnim.  How embarrassing would it be to be married to someone you can't respect.

Chef's  dimples  OMG.....So cute when he smiles.   @mel22 you called it ...Chef has moves....it was worth waiting for!!!

What a beautiful smile he has.  

Tomorrow's night's preview shows, of course, tampered with broth but we know Dalnim gave extra broth containers to Chef and SunHo so the day is saved.

47 minutes ago, mel22 said:

Woohoo! For me,  the best part of Ep 58 raw was the 'accident' at the very end. Chef JW has got some moves! Romance alert to @desertflower and @dynamo14:tongue: 

Good to see that DN has smartened up a lot today.  The rest of Ep 58 consists of the 'usual' plotting by two-faced SN on how to steal DN's  recipe, the quest for YR's abandoned daughter and GS being DN's snitch.  (The subs might reveal some twists later) No real surprises today . ... save for the end which makes it worth watching. 

Enjoy! 

PS-- From the preview, looks like DN will get a gift from JW (a pretty dress, etc) and DN's broth for the taste test would be 'sabotaged' by SN. 

@mel22 I a agree with you the highlight was JW moves it shows he used to be a playboy, I have a feeling DN will win this time, that is why she received a gift from JW at the end of the episode he told her he prepare a gift for her if she wins. that is why he send her the gift at least that what I want to believe otherwise all her hard work will be for nothing at least let her win this time and there is plenty of time they can sabotage her work. it made my day to see DN being smart I am a proud mama. I can't believe JW is going to propose 

what if DN's biological father showed up, he must be a famous movie director that  is a slap on SNake and SKunk  I am certain when SNake lose tomorrow they will blame DN as if SNake is cooking with her foot I wish SH will find out she is faking it 

Oh Dal Nim should make a copy of her recipe book with blundered instructions and ingredients. This fake recipe book will surely land in the hand of SNake and she will be using the recipe and voila! will fail miserably! That will be a good lesson for her for stealing the work/ideas  of other people. That will bring a good laugh from the viewers. 

@euraka yeah! We love detective Sunho! (aka SHerlock! Haha! Good one there! *thumbs up*)

@mel22 omo! I didn't have time to skim through the raw version earlier today but I saw your post and skipped to the end of the raw video to see it and I nearly shriek out loud! Haha! Jaewook is becoming more obvious about his feelings for Dalnim. That jealousy look last episode, that dirty look given to Yookyung after Sena pretended to be seriously hurt. And that smooth trick to get a hug from Dalnim? Damn smooth dude... utilising your playboy tricks on capturing Dalnim's heart eh, Chef Jung? B)

Is it just my eyes, but I saw Jaewook looking and holding a ring in a box in the preview for the upcoming episode? Oooohhhh.... :o

I've just watched today's episode (58) and wow. Dalnim was really unwanted by both her biological mum and dad when she was a baby. That's sad. But I'm so glad she was raised up by her adoptive parents where she received not only a lot of love, but learnt kindness to others. 

Dalnim is getting smarter each day. Love the recipe book trick. I'm feeling so proud of her. But please Dalnim, take one step forward but don't take two steps back please. Anyway, I think having Geumsook around will be good for both of them. Geumsook could learn to be a better person and Dalnim in exchange could hone her skills on sharpening her wits. :)

Go Geumsook! Make Hyeri irrelevant!

Fridge suddenly not working? I have a feeling Dalnim will use Sunho's portion that she gave away. Unless Sunho's fridge isn't working too... :wacko:

giphy.gif

I just have to make a gif for this one *smirks* look at Jaewook's smile *melts*

To be honest, I want DN to be SH but I can't help but feel sorry for JW we all know he won't get the girl, beside DN too comfortable around JW like he is her older brother or best friend  she doesn't mind the skinship but with SH it is different story 

Thumbnail

I too see DN with SH.. unfortunately for JW he is in the friend/brother zone and little does he know that will come true. Especially since it seems he may find out that YR had another daughter. Sadly that love he has for DN will have to be turned to sibling love and support. It will be very hurtful and hard for him at first when it's found out that DN is the daughter that YR abandoned. But I see him making peace with it later (he has no choice) if he wants to continue to be her friend and be around her. I see some anger on his part at how fate has done him along with anger at YR for abandoning her child.

Mostly I want to see YR when she finally finds out that the woman she has hated and done ugly things to is that missing daughter she is trying to find with the help of the two vipers who will try everything they can to keep YR from finding out that DN is her bio daughter. Of course that is after they make YR hate her daughter more and more.

I can't help but think that when they realize who DN is to YR they will take great joy in edging YR on to hurt DN more and more and then hit her with the truth of who DN is bringing YR to her knees. (Karma for YR).

@sava2sava My guess is YR gave the gown to YK or YK took a picture of the baby shirt to help find YR's daughter. DN's cell mate has seen the match at DN's house because DN has shown it to her. Given how DN and the woman are conning YK and SN to get close to them to find out about her mother I am sure that the cell mate will see the match at their house since she is constantly finding ways to get in to search it or she will see the picture. The baby shift is distinctive with the embroidered butterfly on it. So she will remember where she saw the match. It will not take her long to realize that DN could be the person they are looking for. But I think by that time they would have brought in a fake to fool YR and try to control her to get her stocks and money.

1 hour ago, euraka said:

To be honest, I want DN to be SH but I can't help but feel sorry for JW we all know he won't get the girl, beside DN too comfortable around JW like he is her older brother or best friend  she doesn't mind the skinship but with SH it is different story 

Thumbnail

That screenshot! *unexplainable shrieking* :lol:

I had that conflicting feeling too while watching Love is Drop by Drop. I was heavily rooting for the female lead to be with the second male lead seeing how nice, caring and sweet he was. But in the end, the feelings have to be mutual in a relationship. The second male lead ended up as a brotherly figure (and almost like a guardian angel to the female lead). But still, the day he confessed and got rejected and seeing him heartbroken got me sad too. But hey, like I said, he understood that the feelings of both parties have to be mutual for a relationship to work, and so he bravely moved on with his life and stood by the side of the female lead til the end.

Right now in this drama (Sweet Enemy), the only person showed to have an interest is Jaewook. Dalnim is too occupied emotionally looking for her mother to fall in love while Sunho is busy being a detective :lol:. About Sunho though, his actions nowadays seems... weird. He's caring. That's a well known knowledge. But some of his actions towards Dalnim seems to be more than a friendly gesture. Whatever it is I bet not only us, but he himself, the aspiring detective Sunho, doesn't realize and know why he is doing things he do with regards to Dalnim sometimes.

Since we all know who the main couple will be, I really really hope Jaewook and Dalnim will continue to have a good relationship in the future. If Yiran is indeed Dalnim's biological mother, Jaewook would be the best step brother to have. Jaewook, fighting!

@dynamo14 Was looking forward to your gifs the whole day. And you didn't disappoint. You captured the best part of today's episode. Awesome! 

Many of us are going through the usual SLS -- 'second lead syndrome'. Who can blame us? Everytime I see Chef JW's little dimples, I forget about SH. :lol:

@euraka I would have been more impressed with Detective SH if he openly called out SNake (and Hye Ri, too!!) for her latest crimes --- stealing the broth and the fake recipe, passing it on as hers and then attempting to steal the real one. I am disappointed that SH let her slide once again. These are not SN's first offenses and being easy emboldens her to be the recidivist that she is. He should have at least shared EVERYTHING to Grandma and the family. Withholding some of the details somehow made DN look slightly bad. Grrrrr. Not fair. :angry: 

Anyways, Ep. 59 promises to be another good episode. It will answer many of our questions. Who will prevail in the taste test? DN or SN? Who's broth will save the day? SH or JW? And more importantly,  who will break that accidental hug?  DN or JW? :D Can't wait! 

Strangely I seemed to have missed out on reading an entire page in this thread when I last posted. Guess I was so out of it then. :o Regardless of that I think @DzungN  brought up some good points regarding Dalnim's mothers fate. But I should like to point out something to them. All dramas need to be taken with a grain of salt as nearly every drama is bound to have such things where we have to hold back our disbelief and go with the flow. Either the writer simply expects us to forget about said event in the hopes that we are more focused on the happening of the leads and what is going around them or they actually think that we are dumb enough and not notice their mistake at all. Lets face it these characters are flawed and that is one of the reasons why the viewers can relate to them because if they end up making perfect characters then viewers are eventually going to get bored with them thus you will never find a drama without its flaws and all. For shelter I would have said that she might have been living in a Sauna but that can't be the case since they need to pay to get in so have no idea where she is currently staying. Yes she definitely needs money to survive though in regards to the bus fare I would guess one of two things may have happened. Option 1. Would be that she got on the wrong bus and therefore would have to get of on the next stop. Hence she wouldn't need to pay but then you would ask why no one has found her yet and where she is. Option 2 is that someone on the bus felt bad for the old lady that may have seemed to have forgotten to bring some money and thus paid for her. Where she ended up next is a good guess as any. As to why someone hasn't reported her to the police guess people just don't care. Someone might have found her wandering on the streets so they may have brought her to the hospital but as far as I know hospitals are bound to report such matters to the police so that they can contact the missing persons family or so. I guess at this point perhaps the writer is going to reveal down the line that the mother suddenly got her memory back so she went into hiding with someone that she knew and trusted. Perhaps they haven't informed Dalnim because she might not have known of all her mothers friends and all. They might have thought that she was still in prison so they might have gone there to discover that she got out early so now the mother would also be looking for her. She hasn't contacted Jae Wook to help her because more than likely she doesn't have his number memorized since it was stored in her phone. Regardless of this I doubt that her memory could have returned as fast as that but this being a drama I can only guess that is what the writer may come up with.

@Chickpea in regards to Jahee going to Dalnim's restaurant and acting like a spoiled brat had nothing to with her parents or grandmother knowing the grandfather or that they knew Dalnim's family. Her going over there was purely by chance. She was looking for a new place to review and post about on her blog. Jaewook who had recently rediscovered Dalnim and her mother thought about trying to help them out discretely as usual so he recommended their place. Clearly he was hoping that Jahee would write a great review regarding them making their place popular and thus helping them out and also sort of repaying them for their kind treatment back in the day. Unfortunately things didn't go of as planned. For starters Dalnim and Jahee got into an argument first regarding of how they made the beef and then when she lost the competition. Jahee did claim that she wasn't influenced by that though so we will just have to wait and see if that was true or not at some point. Though I will agree with @dynamo14  that pride had a lot to play that day than anything. Dalnim had pride in her cooking skills and how she prepared her meat and food that she wasn't ready to back down and Jahee had her pride has a blogger that was on the line. Also to be humbled by someone that wasn't all that well of compared to her was pretty hurtful for her as well. Other than that she was pretty much acting out as one of those Elite Bloggers who think that they are always right or that they deserve something etc...

@mel22 You certainly bring up a good point that Team Evil and Director Hyun are going to milk the situation between the grandmother and Dalnim's dad for all it's worth and make it out to be a bigger issue just to drive a wedge between them as her actions otherwise will cause their plans to fail or she will be coming in between their corrupt goals and what not. Also agree that the grandmother wouldn't have such a major part in Dalnim's fathers downfall and all. But I am still going to blame the grandmother to an extent for what has been happening in that company of hers. No offense to the grandmother but lets look at some of her past and current actions so far. I don't know what kind of ship she is planning on captaining or sailing but it isn't the right way. First of all she has placed her family members in high positions over there. Simply because they are family. Take her son aka Dancing Dad he is what the acting CEO or Managing Director. Pretty much a high position and he really does nothing over there. All he is interested in is dancing. Now one can try and justify her actions that she did it to make her son get a sense of responsibility but that isn't working and she could have done something similar such as give him a job with just as much responsibility over there from the bottom and let him rise to the top. Instead he gets a nice cushy job while the others work over there to make the company successful and all. I think it would have been far better if she instead opened up a Dancing School for him or something to that extent. Then we had Sun Ho who was also a director at said company. Though with him she atleast tried to rectify her mistake. I don't know if he to started up in a high position like his father but it does seem more than likely considering that his mother would have protested otherwise. But after his departure after Jahee's death and return she did the smart thing of sending him to work at the warehouse so that he could learn from the basics and also know about how the others were going and all. Then comes issue 3. She apparently doesn't have either a full picture what is going about in the company or she is willing to let such matters slide for personal reasons. For instance she was more than willing to let Director Hyun's corruption slide because of her past relations with him and if it wasn't Sun Ho and his actions that would have continued to be the case. Not sure if she was fully aware of this and perhaps sent Sun Ho to the warehouse so that he could learn about it and do something in regards to it but somehow I doubt that this was the case. Then another issue of her not being aware of what is going on in the company regarding the corruption is clearly the issue of Tax Evasion that it is currently doing. Either she knows about it but isn't doing anything about it or she is totally unaware of the happenings of the company which is just as bad. If bad things start happening at her company she is to blame for not being aware of stuff and rectifying them much earlier before they end up becoming more problems for her and her company/family. Perhaps she needs people like Dalnim who makes her aware of her own faults and she starts to fix them like when Dalnim sort of indirectly embarrassed her in regards to the items that they had for their meal time and she then had her DiL give them their company products in the future. Regardless of the fact she needs to actually pay more attention to what is happening in her company and also try and play a much more active part in its running than simply letting her son run it. Dancing Dad has little to no interest in the company and he to simply lets others do all the work. I can only assume that all he really does is sign up the papers that need signing and that he doesn't even read them fully. This to can cause problems down the line for instance someone may deceive him in signing of something important by lying to him about it and since he actually never bothers to read the documents he may very well put the company in jeopardy and then it will be upto the younger generation to resolve said matter. For instance he may be the one that has probably signed of the Tax Evasion documents somehow and isn't even aware of it and when the company will be discovered doing that he is the one who is going to end up taking the entire blame for it. Most probably Dalnim and Sun Ho will then try and prove his innocence and all. If Dalnim does do that she will have another person in her corner.

Yes even I'm interested to find out the reason why Dalnim was abandoned and we may have a clue will add that a bit later on. Also thankyou for kind words. In response to that I will certainly try and do that recaps of episodes whenever I get the time or so or if not then especially episodes that call out to me. But I am guessing that since we are pretty much near the halfway point and that the main leads are starting to wake up from the slumber they were currently under we are going to get a whole lot more of said episodes. :) Either way I will see what I can do.

@dynamo14 I think Dalnim is going to continue trusting people till her dying day until she has been betrayed by them in a major way and only then will she turn against them As one said she is far to gullible and people tend to take advantage of said fact. Once she trusts someone it isn't easy for her to let go of said thing. A perfect example was in the past when she caught Sekang cheating on her by going on that Blind Date she fell for his lies back then that he only went to please his mother or something to that extent and he was planning on rejecting her etc.. On top of all this she was even willing to believe that Sekang finally moved on and married Ruby after her breakup but when she found out that he had lied to her one to often (when it was exposed that he had been cheating on her with Ruby) she stopped trusting him and became suspicious of his family and him. On the other hand she tries to give other people the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. Another perfect example would be her interactions with Director Hyun. She clearly learned that it was him and his family that were the real reason that the grandfather lost out on his contract with the company yet she was civil enough to him and even tell him to bring his family next time to their restaurant and that she would treat them. Though in this case I think she is more desperate to hear any news about her mother that she hopes that she will come to somebody that knows her and all even if that person is shady as the Director and all. A mistake that will probably cost her but if it will help her grow then I guess I can roll with it. Geumsook is a tough call to make. Sure she is a scammer and all and I guess if there was enough money thrown into the mix she might throw Dalnim under the bus but I hope that isn't the case. I think given the circumstances she has the means to turn her life around. Her biggest issue is that since she has been to jail people aren't all that willing to hire her thus she resorts to scamming other people or depending on a Sugar Daddy. But if someone were to lets say overlook said matters and she started to make honest money I don't think that she will go that far. Plus on top of all that it clearly seems like she feels indebted to Dalnim. There was a reason why those two became friends in jail and not only that she was the only one that actually came to not only meet her and offer toffu but also let Dalnim stay at her place when she had none of her own. Even when she stole Dalnim's money according to her she planned on giving it all back and even add extra to it to make up for it when she got it before she realized that she was scammed. In other words I think that she isn't all that bad person. Even now Dalnim can have her easily kicked out but she is again showing her kindness. So perhaps the guilt won't let her betray Dalnim again in the future but one will have to wait and see if this really is the case or not. Pretty much that is one of Dalnim's strength to win people over with her kindness and all. After all that is the one reason why those two even became friends in the first place. She tried to scam Dalnim out for a free bun. Instead Dalnim offered her a free snack any time that she chose to do so. When she had nothing to con Dalnim out she realized that she was out of a job but that also earned her Dalnim's respect and gratitude. Sure stealing from Dalnim in the future was wrong after all that but she was going through a though time. She couldn't think straight and was conflicted. She thought that a new start in a new place where she wouldn't be judged was the right thing to do at the time. Frankly she should still be grateful to Dalnim that she hadn't have her reported for stealing all that money back then because otherwise she would have been back in jail serving time.

@Chickpea while most of your questions have already been answered I will give my take on them as well. Initially I was also of the belief that Jahee wasn't such a nice person than she appeared after all she didn't treat Sena all that nicely such as when she arrived from the airport and Sun Ho and Sena arrived to receive her she simply forgot about her luggage and it was left to Sena to carry it around for her while she had a good time catching up with Sun Ho. Either she should have carried it on her own or Sun Ho being the man should have volunteered to do so. Instead it was Sena's job. It was more likely that Jahee was trying to tell her that you are just a servants daughter so know your place and position. Then after that we have another scene when she kisses Sun Ho infront of Sena knowing fully well how Sena feels about him and all. We then have her interactions regarding Dalnim and her family during their little issue and all. But then the writer had to go and write her interactions between her and Sena has something understandable considering what Sena had been doing to her family and all. One of the reasons that I say that Jahee wasn't a bad person as I initially assumed was because when that video of her losing the bet was posted online Sun Ho was telling her not to meet with Dalnim and he would resolve the matter. But when Dalnim contacted her and tried to beg for forgiveness and all she was more than willing to give her a chance. According to her she knew that the place they were in wasn't that easy to find and if Dalnim had done that then it would have shown not only was she sincere but that she also tried to make an effort to do so. Yes she could have just accepted her apology at face value but this way she could find out if Dalnim was sincere and that there was a misunderstanding (in the video being posted online) and all this way she got to forgive her. Then comes her interactions with Sena. While we all witnessed how she treated Sena in the present we should also remember how she was also in the past and what we can pick from that. Initially before their hostility began with each other we have to remember that they were actually friends. Not only that Jahee didn't see whether or not she was rich or not she was still willing to be friends with her. In other words she didn't care that Sena was the daughter of their maid. Infact she had even invited Sena to her birthday party. She could have easily told Sena to not be at the house that day because she would be spending time with her rich friends and all and that Sena would just be an embarrassment to her. Infact when one of her friends tried to treat her as a servants daughter she actually looked embarrassed about it. Granted she only gets a half point for friendship at that time because she didn't tell her friend to not embarrass her or himself that day since Sena was her guest just as he was. Still she gets points for not only feeling embarrassed at her friends outburst but also because she had invited Sena to her party clearly considering her as a friend during that point in their life. Not only that she valued her friendship with Sena that she was more than willing to play cupid between her and Sun Ho because she knew that Sena liked him. This was seen when Sun Ho had sent her those tickets for the show and when her friend asked her if she would give them to Sena so that she could go in her place because Sena seemed to like Sun Ho. While Jahee didn't say anything her actions showed us that was exactly what she intended to do. She went to see Sena so that she could give those tickets to her. It was at this point that she realized just what kind of friend Sena really was when she heard her badmouthing her mother and all. At this point their feud began. Perhaps their friendship could have still been salvaged if they had actually confronted each other at this point. Then again Sena being a snake would have managed to find a way to slither out of said mess and perhaps just have been more careful in how she continued to badmouth her and all. Instead of this Jahee decided to take revenge in her own way such as by trying to take away all that Sena thought was important starting with the man she liked aka Sun Ho. This only made things worse between them because Sena must have thought that Jahee was deliberately going after the man that she liked when Jahee was totally aware of how she felt in regards to him. It might have been a different case had Jahee didn't know about this but knowing and going after a man like that is pretty much against the Bro/Sister Code and Jahee was clearly breaking it. For Sena it was like why is Jahee doing this when she can have numerous other picks of possible men why go after a man that Jahee knew that she liked. Then after that according to her friend Jahee and her constantly fought and Jahee more than likely started treating Sena like a daughter of a servant aka carry my stuff and all whenever they went shopping or like the airport scene. This would have only raised the resentment that Sena had for Jahee since she was subject to said treatment for all those years. Perhaps like I said if they actually had a talk as human beings their friendship might have been salvaged and even Sena might have felt a bit guilty and tried to fix her ways. Then again we wouldn't have much of a story if that were the case. :) Then I know people have also mentioned that it wasn't nice of Jahee to go to the States just so that her friend might win over Sun Ho and thus her feelings towards him weren't all that sincere since she was treating him like an object rather than a person that she loved. After thinking about it I think there might have been two reasons for her to actually do that and it might have nothing to do with treating him as an object. For starters I think she actually started to develop feelings for him so what started out as an act for revenge turned into something more. At this point she wanted to give herself a break and see just how real her feelings were because she wouldn't want to hurt someone else for her revenge against Sena. She goes away and figures that if she still has feelings for him by the time she returns then she would accept him and all but if this wasn't the case and she was only doing it out of revenge to back down. While I still think that this was the case I am now starting to think that the other reason that she might have done so was to show Sena that whether or not she was in the picture or not Sun Ho simply wasn't into her (Sena) at all. Perhaps if Sena had been a bit more aggressive in pursuing Sun Ho at this point she might have been more successful but that is a story for another day. Either way Sena never learned her lesson and she was still willing to try and get Sun Ho even after knowing that he was engaged to somebody else and what not. Even when Jahee told her that why she was doing all this  (sort of) Sena could have apologized instead they had that little fight which eventually resulted in Jahee dying. I think that even at that point Jahee might have tried to salvage their friendship and was trying to hold out her hands for Sena to accept. Unfortunately things didn't go as expected at that point.

As for Sun Ho not being a nice person. Will respectfully disagree with this point. His current actions show otherwise. Though I should point out that back then he had a major flaw. This being that when it came to Jahee he simply had blinders on him. Like when you put the blinders on race horses so that they don't get distracted what is on their side and all and just focus on what is infront of them granting them tunnel vision and all. It was the same for Sun Ho when it came to matters regarding Jahee. He simply couldn't see or even hear anything else nor could he admit that she may have been wrong. Lets bring up the airport scene once again when he went and received Jahee along with Sena at that point his eyes were only for Jahee so instead of carrying her luggage as a gentleman he let Sena do it because he only had eyes for Jahee and wanted to catch up on old times and all. The arguments between Dalnim and Jahee he didn't listen to both sides just Jahee and was defending her. When Jahee was in trouble regarding all this he was on her side and even thought that Dalnim was indeed threatening her with the knives. Basically his perspective was only focused on one person and if anyone was to be blamed it should have been Jahee. Now that Jahee is no longer in his life the fog that had been covering his eyes has been slowly starting to lift and he is starting to see the people around him for who they really are. Sena and Team Evil as manipulative people who cover up their pasts just to gain a foothold to improve their lives (though he hasn't fully seen that) and also starting to perhaps realize that Dalnim isn't the monster of a person he once thought that she was or that she may have murdered Jahee and that she may actually be innocent. Granted he to wasn't perfect and he didn't put much value in a lot of people back then but the more time that he has been spending around Dalnim is starting to slowly change him. He is starting to realize the value of people and that money isn't everything and also starting to realize that he was once wrong. Showing improvement in his character development and all as well. There certainly is still a long way for him to grow and all but it shows that he wasn't such a bad person. Also him trying to correct what was wrong done by his elders aka the grandmother and her unfair treatment with the grandfather and other company matters when he could easily ignore them further indicates that he is a decent human being with the only flaw as mentioned being blinded by a human being that he loved.

As for Dalnim's baby it is dead for all we know. While I generally don't believe in things happening off screen and all. Such as Bom supposedly dying in Unknown Woman and then turning out to be Maya later on. I sort of expected that or perhaps that she was being raised close by from that family or was close friends with the real Maya and Gaya perhaps even being used as a backup incase Gaya felt sick and all. But in this case I think that her child is actually dead from what we have watched of Team Evil and all. Both Sekang and his mother were devastated to hear the news about the death so they clearly had no part in even hiding said child. The only person that had real motive to hide the baby was Yiran. Sena not so much. We have to remember something back then Dalnim was nothing to Sena as she didn't even pose much of a threat to her. She was only supposed to go to prison to take the fall for her so that she could be safe. So at that point she had no reason whatsoever to even take her child and hide it. Yiran on the other hand had full motive to do so. basically make her hurt but if that were the case Yiran would have already done that. We have seen how she is searching for Dalnim's mother to do just that. If she had hidden the child she would have done so by this point. On top of that she was informed by her minion that Dalnim had lost her child in miscarriage if Yiran had been responsible then he would have instead been telling her something like the matter of the baby has been resolved or that it has been hidden. Instead he told her that Dalnim miscarried so unless Yiran had bribed the doctor successfully that wouldn't have happened but then look to the earlier point in regards to hurting Dalnim. This comes in conflict so I am going to go with the child actually being dead.

As for what Dalnim's mother strangling Sena and telling her to give back her baby. This can be two things. We have to remember that she isn't right in her mind. Things are a haze thanks to the medication that they have been drugging her with all along. So things come and go. Now as some have mentioned the child can be 1. Her actual child that passed away or 2. Dalnim. While she doesn't remember who Dalnim was perse she does remember having a child. Now which one that is for debate. Dalnim was actually found on the same day she returned from the hospital when she lost her own daughter and she then raised Dalnim as her own. The loss that she feels thus can be either one of them. Though I am going to go with Dalnim for the time being until we are told otherwise. T

Thus I doubt that Dalnim's child is going to show up later on in the story as of now so Sekang and Ruby's marriage will probably we safe for the time being in regard to this matter. The only way that I can perhpaps see the return of the child in the story is through the following way. Yiran may have actually hidden the child (since I still doubt that Sena would have the means to do so or even consider it at that point atlesat) in an orphanage at best. Since Sekang and Ruby are having trouble conceiving they decide to go and adopt a child. Now since this is a drama and all we will have the child that they adopt to be revealed later on to be Sekang's own child. No whether they find the child at an orphanage or Yiran recommends said child will be up for debate. But like I said for now I think the child is actually dead. If proven wrong will admit that fact as well.

The part about Sena's mother and Yiran has already been answered so there isn't much I can add to that. The only thing that I will repeat in regards to this just comes to show just how ungrateful that family really is. They tend to use people around them to their own advantage and when that is over they plan on discarding them since they don't need them anymore. Lets look at the matter with Yiran. The only reason why she could not only place food on the table for her kids but also provide education for them is because her friend took pity on her back then and hired her. Yet she wants more from her and her kids are no less. Sena had become friends with Jahee that meant more time spent at her place and if that is the case one can even imagine that the mother might have to cook for atleast one person less back at home. Atlesat in the matter of dinner or so because it would make sense that Sena would come over to her rich friends place and atleast be served lunch. Sekang would have been the only one that would have needed to eat lunch and dinner. Then let's not forget about Sekang himself. For years they guy was trying to pass his bar exams to become a lawyer. But who was supporting him to achieve his dreams it certainly wasn't is family. It was Dalnim and that wasn't the only thing that she was doing. Apparently she was also taking care of his family rituals and all. Thus preparing for their ceremonies and the mother was all right with Dalnim doing all that simply because that saved her both the time and the money. But the moment Sekang passed she had no more need for Dalnim and was trying to not only find ways to get rid of her but also encouraging her son to do the same as well. The only reason that he didn't break of with her was because he was afraid of her as was clearly witnessed when she crashed his blind date back then. The only way that he actually got out of this entire mess was because he took full advantage of Jahee's death and used it as well. He played on her guilt and whatnot and it worked. She was the one that set him free and thus he could go and see Ruby without feeling guilty about cheating on her and all.

In regards to Dalnim's birth father we don't know who he is but if I were to wager a guess I am going to go with the fact that he would have been someone rich and powerful. So one might expect to see him down the road. Perhaps he will help her out with her revenge if he knows this to be the case. Now before someone says that we don't know if he was rich and all so how I can I say that. I will say that is simply based on my assumption which may be wrong mind you. But lets look at what we have just found out in episode 56. Sena's mother mentions something to the extent that Yiran was a celiberaty back then and she wouldn't want any scandal regarding her to be exposed especially now since she is married into a major family and all. Actually this also tells us one of the reason why Dalnim was probably abandoned back then. If she didn't do it on purpose someone perhaps in her family or management company did so to prevent a scandal from breaking out. Now speaking of scandals lets see. She was clearly pregnant with a child before marriage and all. Now three things could be the reason for that. Firstly she was going to marry the person but before that happened he ended up dying in an accident. Perhaps she wanted to give up on herself and all and when she knew about her child abandoned it in the hopes of perhaps it atleast surviving and having a good life while she prepared to die and all. Fortunately she was saved thanks to her new job and all. But this point lacks the fact that why was her lover taking so long to marry her. It would have made more sense for him to instantly rush the marriage so that his family and him wouldn't get embarrassed the longer the pregnancy got delayed. This means that he would have had to die in an accident the moment that she found about her pregnancy (or close by. One gets what I mean hopefully). Second Option is that she fell in love with someone from the common people. If this were the case and if she was a celibraty I don't see why said person wouldn't hesitate to marry her. He would be getting an upgrade in life. Take for instance Sekang fell for Ruby because she was an actress and all. It was a further plus point that she came from such a rich and powerful family as well. The only reason that I can see for Dalnim's dad not to accept her mother at this stage would be if we he came across some kind of better prospects something like Sekang and how he chose Ruby over Dalnim. Finally the third point him coming from a rich family. This makes a lot of sense in the way that those two loved each other but his family opposed her because she wasn't all that well of and all. Infact perhaps it was his family that took away Dalnim and tossed her away so that she wouldn't marry their son. Perhaps she thinks that said family has been raising Dalnim all these years ago and thus Dalnim must have been living a good and comfortable life all this time and thus the reason why she hasn't been searching for her all along. Though how Dalnim will meet her real dad at this point and him allowing to help her will be another thing to worry about. But for now I think that it makes the most sense to me atleast that her father was from a rich family and all.

Yes in response to Jaewook being the son of Yiran's husband before her marriage as has already been mentioned. No I don't think that the two actually dislike each other. It is just that they haven't come to accept each other the way they want. I do think that Yiran has actually tried to cultivate a relationship with him but he hasn't fully opened up to her because he thinks that she stole his mothers spot and all. But lets face it as someone pointed out to me this is a drama and we need characters with redeeming points and all. If Yiran actually did what Jaewooks claims to have done. Aka the moment she entered his house she kicked his sick old mother out and sent her to the sanitarium on her own she won't have that many redeeming points now will she. For she would have not only kicked out a sick woman and taken her place but also abandoned her own child to top it all of. The truth is generally in between. So one of the only few ways that I can perhaps see the two of them mending their broken fences so to speak if it will turn out that his mom deliberately asked Yiran to do that and at the same time look after her family. Infact some people have even asked for redeeming qualities for Yiran. Well in that case let me give you atleast two. Firstly she took care of Jaewook as her own son. Now I know people can say that those two don't have a close bond and all but one still needs to acknowledge the fact that she pretty much raised Jaewook for all those years. If she was really such a cold hearted and evil character then she could have easily kicked him out of his own home after his father passed away. This wasn't the case. Then the second point is that she helped out an old school friend of hers who was in need aka Sena's mother. She gave her a job which allowed her to support her family and all. Yes she could have simply given her money just one time and be done with her but instead she was able to give her a job and thus justify her receiving all that money and help. If she didn't care about people then she could have easily ignored her friends plight or just helped her out once but that wasn't the case. So I can safely say that Yiran does have some redeemable qualities to her but I guess over time she has become more cold hearted and all. Now people have also mentioned how she has started to do illegal things such as have Sena steal from the company and all. I think that the situation has made her ruthless like that. After her husband passed away she had to most probably take over his company and at the same time keep it away from the hands of the vultures that must have been circling around her looking for signs of weakness and all. She maintained the company for all those years on her own is quite impressive. Please note I don't justify her actions for what's wrong is wrong but I want to show why she is like what she is today. Then again I may be wrong and she may indeed have no redeemable points to her or she is ruthless and corrupt just like that. :)

@mel22 I was also surprised to learn that the witness knew that Sena was the real murderer for Jahee but I also can't seem to figure out why he hasn't managed to figure out Dalnim's connection to her mother aka the woman that he has been taking care for all these years. I mean he was basically told that she was trouble because she caught them in their lies such as that he was fabricating his statement and all. Now he should have then asked why would a total stranger involve themselves in a matter that had nothing to do with them unless they were connected to one of the parties somehow. He should have then put two and two together and realize that she must have been pretty close to Dalnim to do that. Clearly since she was about to reveal what they did she wouldn't have been on Team Evil's side that must mean that she was doing it for Dalnim and that would indicate that she was either family with her or a very close family friend and all. But the good thing about the episode was how he has finally decided to up his game.  He knows just who to blackmail to get his share of the money as well. Pretty soon that family is going to go in the red and that means that they are bound to do more illegal things just to break even and all. Meaning that their downfall is coming closer and closer. The more they try to run and hide the more their secrets will be revealed. Sena finds herself in a tight spot since he has no come over to her and threatened to reveal it all to Yiran. She barely managed to keep him quiet by speaking to his greed and all by convincing him that siding with her means that he can continue to keep up blackmailing attempts versus a one time pay off from Yiran. Actually I even wonder if she intends to keep that promise to him. Her main goals should have been accomplished at this point that it wouldn't matter if Yiran found out the truth or not at this point. Lets see what she really wants are what Jahee had along with Sun Ho. Once she has that the rest is not that important in her greater scheme. Apart from Sun Ho she is getting Yiran's shares as well even if they aren't all of them it should make her an influential player in the playing field. So even if the witness were to reveal to Yiran at this point what Sena has done what can Yiran actually do about it. She can't get the two to divorce. Frankly Sena won't agree to it and that means a cour case would need to be involved. Knowing her she would convince all of them that if they did the company would take a hit in stocks price and what not. So even if they use separate rooms and all she would still be married to Sun Ho for quite sometime that is even if she wants to go for a divorce which she wouldn't. As for the shares once they are under her name Yiran has no way to get them back since she pretty much gave them away willingly to her. So unless she is even eyeing the house that Yiran is living in there really isn't much more she can leech of her and that means that the witness doesn't need to be paid anymore at this point. Well he could to the police and that could mean her serving time but if she uses her so called connections that would probably mean a slap on her wrist and pay a fine, perhaps sometime in prison if she gets unlucky. Dalnim's name will certainly be cleared though. As for the shares I think that she most probably did get them. Yiran might have given them to her as early wedding gifts. Infact I think that the story might get a bit more dramatic later on when it will be revealed that Dalnim is her daughter. At that point it would make more sense if Dalnim and Sena fight over the company via shares. Sena will have a good position thanks to her shares but Dalnim will manage to win people over with her sincere and honest personality. They will then be willing to follow her and if they have shares will end up backing her.

@dynamo14 I maybe mistaken but I think that Yiran and Sena's mother were high school friends. In regards to the uncle at the noodle shop is protectiveness makes perfect sense. It's like going over to one of those major franchises like KFC or PEPSI and asking them to give you their secret recipe that makes them such a major hit and all. There is no way that they are going to do that unless they want to suffer a major loss of some kind. This would be especially true for a business that is at such a small scale. The man needs to survive in this cut throat world and all. He apparently fired his part time help because they either tried to steal it for a rival business or to use it for their own gains. Since I haven't watched the next two episodes am going to go with that since Dalnim ended up saving his life he will either pass on the recipe to her willingly since it doesn't seem like he has any children or family to inherit his legacy or more than likely will go in for a collaboration with Sun Ho's company this will be a win win situation for them all. Well that is until Sena will try to use it to her own advantage. This can be her trying to steal it or more than likely to try and convince him to sign the deal with her as she is to be more trusted than a mere employee who also happened to serve time in jail. He may very well have doubts in regards to this and agree to Sena's terms and all. Will have to see what happens unless it already happened. As for the water dispenser I am going to go with the fact that Dalnim must have given them empty glasses simply because I could neither see any water being dropped or hear any of it being poured. That is unless they have developed some new kind of technology like you mentioned laser fast water dispensing. :)

In regards to Yookyung being aware of Yiran abandoning her first child. All one can say is that one should stop consuming alcohol unless they want to reveal more embarrassing facts about themselves or do actions that they will regret later on such as causing a fight or argument with someone important and what not. But seriously I am just not getting Sena and her greed. She should just Let It Go... when the going is still good unless she wants to regret stuff later on. She will end up finding out that the very person that they want to control Yiran with is going to be Dalnim. Would love to see her reaction to that news. But other than that this would mean attempting to blackmail Yiran and I don't see that going well for anyone involved. Since that would be the only way that they can milk Yiran for all she is worth. Clearly they won't approach her directly. This means they will need to hire someone else as a member of Team Evil or simply use the witness to do their dirty work. Though at some point I do believe that they will have to do it face to face and that will totally shock her but lets face it she will deserve what is coming especially the way that she has been treating others around her and the way she has been conducting business.

Speaking of business I now remembered where I was mistaken. Clearly she was asking Sena to embezzle from the company to help her out. I was wrong to simply assume that she just asked Sena for help and thus wouldn't know how she got the money. But from the conversations she had with others around she knew exactly what she was asking for and what she was giving out in return.

It was mentioned that Dalnim was a fool and that the reward money should have raised a flag. I think seeing a suspicious looking man next should have also raised a red flag and that no matter what aka at the risk of catching a cold she should have asked to see his face. But then again it is more than understanding the way that she has behaved. She has been searching for her mother for such a long time that she is desperate for any kind of information even if it means walking into a very obvious trap or so. Also @dynamo14 I also noticed that you mentioned that Sun Ho arrived real quick to Dalnim's rescue like a vampire. :) Was that in reference to one of my earlier post or was it just chance that you made a similar comment. I am also enjoying some of your Gifs as well. Would love to do some on my own. Though I would like to make a request Don't forget to add the one where people get slaps and if I had to ask for a specific one from the past episodes I would definitely ask for the end of episode 54 when Sena steps out of the shadows to confront Dalnim at the next episode. Frankly that must have been my favorite scene in the entire show so far. (barring the last two episodes since I haven't gotten a chance to watch them yet.)

LoL @Chickpea getting your 86 year old Aunt hooked to Korean Dramas. Keep up the good work :) Also don't forget to add more members. For every ten members you will get one like, For the next thirty you will get a free membership at Planet Korea and for the first thousand you will get to spend time with a Korean Star of your choosing including their autograph and all. This includes K-POP members as well. Good Luck or as the Koreans like to say Fighting. :)

Also speaking of episode 56 I want to correct my mistake that I made in the recap of 55. Apparently the girl that Jaewook met with at the restaurant wasn't his blind date but the girl that was introduced in the first episode or so when she was complaining that he was cheating on her and Sun Ho managed to convince her to end it with throwing a glass of water on him. Atleast that is what I managed to gather from the conversation that they had. Jaewook must also have been feel sad that Sun Ho managed to beat him in having the couple noodles with Dalnim. Does that mean that Sun Ho and Dalnim will end up together. :) On the other hand Dalnim seems to have taken his confession as a joke where he mentioned that he wants to date her. She doesn't see him in that way at all and all that she does feel for him is gratitude since he has been looking out for her for so long and has been trying to help her locate her mother. But speaking of this I really want the writers to drop this plot line. Since we as viewers know that Dalnim is probably Yiran's daughter this line is slightly disturbing to watch. On top of all this it is sad to watch him fall deeper and deeper in love with someone who will turn out to be his sister in the end. That means a lot of heartbreak for him and he certainly doesn't deserve that in my book. So either he starts to fall in love with someone else or he realizes that Dalnim's feelings will be never more than gratitude for him and leave it at that and just remain good friends with him. At this point I will even be okay with him falling for Dalnim's cell mate it will be far better than him continuing to fall for Dalnim. The only way out is if we are all assuming wrong that Dalnim is the daughter but till then please stop this. He doesn't deserve to go through the pain that will follow when he realizes this. Now speaking of Geum Sook it is certainly is nice to see her back in action and on top of that using her skills for a good cause sort of. :) Also it was fun to watch them pull a scam withing a scam. Points to Team Dalnim. I was just wondering what happened to her Sugar Daddy. I would have expected him to have atleast bought her a house or so so that she could have a place to live. Even if she had conned him for one. I guess this way she and Dalnim can make their plans easier but at the same time it places them at risk if one of Team Evil sees them together at their place. This can clearly happen if they want to confront Dalnim over some point and head over to her place only to find her over there as well. The game would be over at this point. Though from her character description it seems that she will gain a position of trust with Sena's mother allowing her to freely come and go from their place. This means that the con will survive another 20 or so episodes before it gets exposed. I just hope that they manage to gather some decent evidince during this time atleast. It was also fun to watch Sekang squirm in this episode when they were talking about Dalnim's mother and all. Since he is now aware of his families part in her disappearance. I like how the grandmother doesn't much care what Yiran would think when it comes to Dalnim's mother and her sad story. :) Please help Dalnim on your own in secret. Also Sekang wanting to move out of the house not going as planned. :) He clearly wants out so that he can be more control of his life since he can easily be kicked out of the house if his past his revealed but what happens at his own place won't be that easy to find out. To bad for him his wife only wants a large place to stay in. All in all an interesting episode. :) Look forward to watching the ones that I missed next.

The baby clothes that Dalnim has. I wonder if they are going to steal Dalnim's. One has to remember that Sekang has seen it and knows what it is for. You can be sure that he will accidentally let that slip alerting them to the truth. Such as asking what they are doing with a picture of Dalnim's baby clothes? Then again they need to find out first if they plan on hiding this fact and turning Yiran more against Dalnim.

Anyway that is all that I currently have in mind for the episodes that I have watched. So now I am going to watch the rest of them and come back with my thoughts regarding them. Perhaps even a recap or if I get the time. So till then take care all of you and keep posting as I really look forward to reading all of them. :)

Archived