[Drama 2017] Sweet Enemy / Sweet revenge, 달콤한 원수

0ly40

At least the kiss was a bit more expressive between Chef and Dalnim on the beach but it lasted mere seconds.   First they pressed their lips together......and HOLD......next shot was Lips move a tad bit and ......yes......break away....and.....tilt heads a new angle....lips come back together with OPEN lips...OMO OMO OMO .    The next shot was from a long distance so we don’t see how badly they are messing up.   These people are old enough to know how to kiss PEOPLE!!   WHY don’t they properly kiss?  OH YEAH.....she said deflatedly........it’s a DAY TIME DRAMA.

I’m ok with the ending.  It made sense to me for Dalnim to go away and do some training.  She needed time to chill and get her head on straight after all the trauma she went through.  Plus she’d never received higher education and she wanted to gain more skills.  I understood that SunHo did not want to ruin his friendship with Chef.  I didn’t see Chef as manipulative as much as Dalnim not getting his exaggerated hand pain (along with his killer grin) etc., Chef always teased in an openly and exaggeratedly playful way in manipulation.  Not like SN.  He was always checking to see if Dalnim got the joke..but she was way to serious to get it.

SH let Dalnim go because Chef was already in Dalnim’s heart.  He was gentlemanly and sweet to the end.  I pick both male leads....they are yummy....ohhh is that sexual harassment to say that!!!!  

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, musiqueetharmonie said:

Episode 124. Definitely didn’t like the ending. This drama was slightly a waste of time with the repetitiveness too. Didn’t like the hinting at SH ending up with the new worker (despise it) or DN kissing JW. What even happened to JW anyway? Did he seriously build a home by the beach like he and DN promised? I would’ve preferred an open ending to the love triangle and SH to be treated more as the main lead and not a side character. @mel22, I also would like to know when SH started to be pushed aside. Turns out the Korean audience does have a huge impact on the show’s ending. The past couple episodes showed SH so hooked up on DN and for him to be hurting and DN crying after their exchange at the restaurant made no sense without having information on what happened in the two years. Why did DN cry instead of thanking SH at the restaurant? Why did the writer show JW resembling SN yet have him win?  Why is JW more of the male lead instead of SH? Why did the writer neglect expanding SH’s personality/focus on his character? Why did a preview talk about Eun Jung being upset at DN rejecting SH when it didn’t really have any importance throughout the remaining episodes? There are a few loose threads of the drama that could’ve been explained within the two year time gap. 

Also, found it funny that DN started to wear her hair like SN - hair pushed back on both ears - and liked BS helping out at the restaurant. Everybody looked great apart from DN’s hair being slightly weird. SN also seemed to have come to turns of her being the murderer and being apologetic. 

Something that bothered me until now was how DN accepted JW’s second proposal. I ranted about it before and I’ll say it again even bough the show’s over. DN talked about both the red string of fate/love and the red scarf. The red string indicates a lover’s love while the red scarf indicates a family love since each person in their family has one. The ending scene of the drama even included DN with a red scarf around her. The writer obviously took this red scarf as a couple type of love despite Soon Hee and YR both having one. 

Apparently the writer also wrote Bride of the Century. Maybe the writer should stick to shorter dramas? 

Family drama rarely the audience have any influence to writer since most of the audience is ajumas ,also like I said before in Korea drama rarely or almost never see the girl end up with her sister’s ex husband or ex fiance like passionate love and I summon you gold , and in all the episodes we never see DH have any special feeling towards SH to say that the writer pushed him aside , and if we want to be fair JW was the one who always by her side he is the first one to believe and trust her and never was her enemy like the other , she is the only girl he love in all his life since he was child in compare to SH who did’t believe her at first and was her enemy . 

And when SH have accidents it was clear that DN only feel sorry and guilty towards him and about his mother what she said the idea behind it to let DN feel guilty and delay her marriage to JW and travel

I just wanna say that I'm so disappointed with the ending where SH didn't end up with DN..everyday i was hoping DN to develop her feelings towards SH coz he is the main lead and it didn't happen at all..i know that JW character is too strong in this drama in helping and supporting DN during her hard time..that's why the Korean viewers prefer JW as the hero for DN, not SH..and yes i understand that the korean viewers feedback can make the drama ending changed to what the korean viewers wanted..damn!! 

This drama is a one of a nightmare to my kdrama ending expectations..from now on I'm not going to watch long melodrama / family drama genre ever again..poor Yoo Goon..he is the main lead and now turn to 2nd lead..huhuhu..

On 11/30/2017 at 2:07 PM, wishyfish9511 said:

Hello, I am a brand new member. I am so amused how different the opinions are from the korean netizens on the sbs forum and the soompi members in regards to this drama and the love triangle. It seems that the vast majority of Koreans love JW with DN and on soompi the majority of ppl want SH with DN.

This explains a lot.  Now I sort of understand why SH was eventually relegated to almost a second lead.  

I knew something was off when JW's character was getting more fleshed out than SH.  The better characterization of JW accounts for why I eventually leaned in favor of Team JW. SH's character really  plateaued and just stopped being interesting before I realized it. 

Luckily, I belong to the minority who were rooting for JW,  so the ending was somehow acceptable.  Be that as it may, this drama really left a lot to be desired. All things considered, it was still fun to watch most of the time. 

34 minutes ago, mel22 said:

This explains a lot.  Now I sort of understand why SH was eventually relegated to almost a second lead.  

I knew something was off when JW's character was getting more fleshed out than SH.  The better characterization of JW accounts for why I eventually leaned in favor of Team JW. SH's character really  plateaued and just stopped being interesting before I realized it. 

Luckily, I belong to the minority who were rooting for JW,  so the ending was somehow acceptable.  Be that as it may, this drama really left a lot to be desired. All things considered, it was still fun to watch most of the time. 

I am not JW or SH fan but let’s be fair JW deserve to be with DN more than SH when no one believe her and everyone call her murderer  there is only one man who trust and believe her that’s man is JW even the one who killed is his sister that didn’t make him blind from seeing the truth like SH if we are in DH place who we will choose the one who always was in our side and believe us or the one who hated us at the beggning  and didn’t believe us like the other .

I am really good at reading the writer mind in the drama (from my experience of watching Korea drama for many years ) I said DN will end up with JW and that’s really happen even years ago when I watched passionate love when I said in soompi form  that femal lead will end up with second lead and we will see at the end of the drama the femal lead say I love you to the second lead whether if he alive or dead at that time many members didn’t believe me since they have typical idea that male lead and femal lead should end up together even thought there was many hint that the writer will make the femal lead end up with second lead but they ignore it like what happen in sweet enemy , for me the only difference between these two different drama that in passionat love I really love the second lead more he was really complex and sympathetic character but in sweet enemy I love both of them but to be fair JW deserve to end up with DN

On 11/30/2017 at 5:33 PM, musiqueetharmonie said:

Episode 124. Definitely didn’t like the ending. This drama was slightly a waste of time with the repetitiveness too. Didn’t like the hinting at SH ending up with the new worker (despise it) or DN kissing JW. What even happened to JW anyway? Did he seriously build a home by the beach like he and DN promised? I would’ve preferred an open ending to the love triangle and SH to be treated more as the main lead and not a side character. @mel22, I also would like to know when SH started to be pushed aside. Turns out the Korean audience does have a huge impact on the show’s ending. The past couple episodes showed SH so hooked up on DN and for him to be hurting and DN crying after their exchange at the restaurant made no sense without having information on what happened in the two years. Why did DN cry instead of thanking SH at the restaurant? Why did the writer show JW resembling SN yet have him win?  Why is JW more of the male lead instead of SH? Why did the writer neglect expanding SH’s personality/focus on his character? Why did a preview talk about Eun Jung being upset at DN rejecting SH when it didn’t really have any importance throughout the remaining episodes? There are a few loose threads of the drama that could’ve been explained within the two year time gap. 

Also, found it funny that DN started to wear her hair like SN - hair pushed back on both ears - and liked BS helping out at the restaurant. Everybody looked great apart from DN’s hair being slightly weird. SN also seemed to have come to turns of her being the murderer and being apologetic. 

Something that bothered me until now was how DN accepted JW’s second proposal. I ranted about it before and I’ll say it again even bough the show’s over. DN talked about both the red string of fate/love and the red scarf. The red string indicates a lover’s love while the red scarf indicates a family love since each person in their family has one. The ending scene of the drama even included DN with a red scarf around her. The writer obviously took this red scarf as a couple type of love despite Soon Hee and YR both having one. 

Apparently the writer also wrote Bride of the Century. Maybe the writer should stick to shorter dramas? 

All 100+ daily dramas are going to be repetitive. I've been lurking rather than watching because I can't find myself wasting 60 hours watching the same thing over and over again. 

I still can't find a revenge drama like Yellow Boots. You can try your luck there.. each episode was very entertaining.

I have yet to watch the last few episodes... I hope to get around to it this weekend. But here is my take on why the writer(s) might have decided to go from SH/DN to JW/SN. I think that from early on, the korean audience grew fond of JW. After all he was the only one who believed in DN and tried to care for her and help her. Also, perhaps the korean audience found the actor playing JW to be leading man material and handsome/charming and a good match aesthetically with DN, and didn’t feel the same way about the actor playing SH. I think SH came off too strong in the way he disliked DN and blamed her for JH’s death and that may have turned off the viewers to SH early on and so they began rooting for JW. The writers saw chemistry between JW and DN, something lacking between DN and SH and changed course.

I definitely see that the writers did indeed decide to go a different route from their original vision because there were pictures of SH and DN in the promo shootings side by side while JW was standing next to SN. Park Eun- hye (DN) also posted pics of her and SH on her Instagram early on and then stopped doing that as the drama continued, something I found interesting. I personally have never heard of either of these 2 actors prior to this drama, but I do think that JW’s character was better written and perhaps that was because the korean audience loved him so. On the SBS site, I’ve read tons of comments in support of JW and the actor while SH didn’t receive as much love, especially at the end, when they compared him to SN after his accident. In korean dramas, the male lead almost always gets the girl, but this drama was an exception.

• 1 month later...

No one may see this and someone may have made this observation already but here goes. Did anyone notice the strong similarity in appearance between the actress who played DN and the actress who played the main characters (Dan Yi) mom in the previous drama "The Unusual Family"? That actresses name is Jeon Mi-Sun. At first I thought booth characters were played by the same actress a few years apart. If a kdrama ever needs two actresses to play mom and daughter or older and younger sisters they should consider these two actresses.

Archived