[Drama 2017] Sweet Enemy / Sweet revenge, 달콤한 원수

0ly40

@desertflower I agree with your thoughts. SNake doesn't love SH. She wants him as a trophy. She needs his  pedigree for validation and to break into the world of the rich who had looked down on her. 

DN is like a breath of fresh air to SH & JW. She's sincere and not manipulative like the other women around them. 

Am excited to see what's in store in Ep 50. In particular, am curious who and what's inside the room in the sanitarium. I expect that it will be empty or the wrong room, not DN mom's.   

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Episode 49 starts out with a bang when Sun Ho confronts Sena with evidence of her involvement regarding Dalnim's evaluation test and how she sabotaged it. Sena then tries every trick in the book to get out of it but to no avail. At first she tries outrage as to how Sun Ho could invade her privacy and mess around with her phone. At the same time most probably thinking that she should change her phone code now so that in the future this doesn't repeat (her getting caught this way). She was like don't you know that's rude to look into someone elses phone especially if its belongs to a woman. Don't you have any shame and he is like that isn't important at all. What you did was a crime and you have got to do the time then for it.  Thus Sun Ho reminds her that still doesn't get her of the hook and that he is still suspicious of her. Sena realizing that since she still isn't safe tries to play it innocent and says that the other person must have misunderstood what Sun Ho was trying to either say or that the person must have sent the person said message. Sun Ho goes sure that so believable you better come up with something much better this isn't school where you can get away with the excuse that the dog eat my homework anymore. So Sena tells him that he should perhaps get in touch with the hospital and confirm with them that he has misunderstood the message and thus she is innocent. So he goes and tells her that he isn't so dumb to do that. The message clearly says that the deal  was supposed to be a secret so even if he were to go they won't admit it to him plus since payment is involved that would mean that Sena has already covered her tracks so it would thus be a waste of their time to follow up. Though this does show to him that Sena must be a pro as she must have done this before as well. Sena getting desperate to prove her innocence then tells him to just go and have a chat with minion and verify whether or not Sena told her to sabotage Dalnim's test. Sun Ho then points out that she just shot herself in the foot since he did accuse her but he never mentioned that minion was also involved. How did Sena know this fact if she wasn't guilty. :)

Sun Ho then decides to correct the wrong that has been done so far starting out by firing Sena and reinstating Dalnim back to her post. Unfortunately for him and fortunately for Sena Yiran decides to make her entrance to his office. She has clearly overheard the conversation and is like Hey you can't fire Sena because she is my minion and was thus doing everything under my orders. So since she is my minion I take full responsibility for her. Also if you don't listen to what I have to say your company is going to suffer in the long run. Totally frustrating Sun Ho from enacting justice. Sekang who has clearly missed his mothers cooking heads over to her restaurant ecstatic that he can visit her more often and even have a meal in peace since Dalnim has left the restaurant. Now he can finally digest some of the food that is brought to him unlike his visit last time. Plus now he doesn't have to fear that someone might poison his food as well. Unfortunately for him his joy is short lived because he receives a call from his lawyer friend who has found a way to make a quick buck at his expense. The good news doesn't end at this point because just at that moment his mother gets a call from Sena who is just as frustrated as the rest of her family because not only has Sun Ho discovered her treachery regarding Dalnim's evaluation but because her job is also at stake. They need a team meeting to discuss a strategy out of their individual messes. Meanwhile Yiran is busy trying to save Sena from getting fired by taking the entire blame on herself and apologizing for Sena and her own actions.

But once she returns home she blames her aide for failing to find Dalnim's mother till now. She is like he go earn your pay. Money solves all problems so why haven't you gotten me my good news. I need her so that I can finally ger rid of Dalnim etc... Meanwhile back at the restaurant minion who has been fully updated on Dalnim's past most probably by Sena is filling in the rest of the staff regarding this. Such as telling them that Dalnim was responsible for killing Jahee who was Yiran's daughter and that ticked of Yiran who had thus wanted her fired. Clearly she missed out her own role in trying to get Dalnim fired. At that point Jae Wook and Dalnim return dashing her spot at the promotion that she was most probably promised when she is informed that Dalnim has gotten her old job back. Clearly the only one happy to see Dalnim return apart from Jae Wook is the male co - worker (Dong Jae). He even tells her how empty the restaurant felt without her. Clearly it is drama free when someone isn't plotting to get another innocent worker fired or so. Thus there isn't so much drama going on over there and thus an average day at a normal place. Sun Ho on his way to his grandmother to discuss the Sena situation is intercepted by his stalker who tries to clear up the so called misunderstanding and possibly hope that she doesn't get fired so that she has more opportunities to stalk him. Unfortunately for her Sun Ho isn't in the mood to talk with her. Telling her to take a hike or else he would report her for stalking. Okay I just dreamed up that bit. :) He did actually say that since these misunderstanding are occurring a bit to often to be healthy maybe they weren't meant to be much to Sena's dismay. Saying that he leaves her to have a chat with his grandmother. Who then tells him that he needs to think of the needs of the many rather than the few because if they fire Sena at this point they will be in trouble with Yiran who may back out (she is one of the largest share holders of the company as well) so for the sake of the company and staff he should bite the bullet. Also didn't he get the memo he is also supposed to marry Sena and ruin his life along the way but since it is for the betterment of the others involved he should just accept this decision for now. Since his hands are now tied and he has no choice he agrees to them for now.

Sena and Yiran find some alone time to further discuss the situation that they are in and Sena as usual spews some more of her venom of hatred against Dalnim and Yiran is more than eager to go along with it and agree to whatever Sena is saying. They are shortly afterwards joined by Sena's mother who asks for more money. When Yiran asks why she needs it she is informed that Crime Doesn't Pay these days :) and they had already spent most of their money to try and get rid of Dalnim by paying of the deliveryman's daughters surgery and then for the cream and so they are running low on their funds and they haven't been reimbursed for all the work done. Yiran agrees to their request thinking that it was all done for her. Then we go to characters who have suddenly changed. Dancing Dad seems to feel sorry for Dalnim and what she has gone through. Though that isn't the same for his wife and Ruby. These two are still blinded by the web of deception that Sena has weaved around them and thus they support her decisions. Is this the way Ruby treats her fans. :( Dancing Dad just looks like what just happened are these the people I once knew. Perhaps they should spend less time wiith Sena and more time with me so that we can go dancing. Dancing will clear everyone's head and we can all be happy. Speaking of happy Sekang isn't that anymore since Dalnim is going to return back to work. This means he can't meet his mother alone or enjoy some of her food. He ends up taking his frustration out on his wife and she is like Hey you better not do that if you don't want me to approve of you sister.

Jae Wook then returns home only to be confronted by Yiran and told what a disappointment he is compared to the mighty Sena who was apparent;y a better sister to Jahee since she was willing to avenge her death even if it meant doing bad things but Jae Wook is a disappointment as both a son and a brother to Jahee since he is siding with Dalnim who is Jahee's murder. Him telling her that she has misunderstood Dalnim doesn't go well and it makes her even more determined to find her mother so that she can hurt her some more. We also discover at this point that Yiran is probably a Vampire since she intends to bleed Dalnim dry. :) Sena remembering her earlier conversation with Sun Ho can't fall asleep as she can't bare to not end up with him. She even tries to call him but to no avail. Sun Ho for a change refuses to accept her calls and so that he doesn't get disturbed all night by her phones turns it of and finally gets a good nights sleep. The next day finds Sena in a foul mood because she couldn't catch up on her beauty sleep since she couldn't get her fix of Sun Ho yesterday. The mood certainly doesn't get any better when Sun Ho not only gives her the cold shoulder but tells her that he is starting to have doubts that Dalnim may have been responsible for killing Jahee (she had asked him how he could take Jahee's murderers side and she had further tried to guilt trip him in this regard.) Her day just gets worse when Dalnim not only shows up in Sun Ho's office but she is made to apologize to her as well. Sun Ho and Dalnim have a little private conversation where he tells her to smarten up and not fall for tricks like that in the future.

Dalnim then leaves the office only for her to be confronted by Sena who had been lying in wait for her to come out before she could pounce on her prey. They have a little chat with Sena telling Dalnim that she thinks that she is guilty and Dalnim telling her that she can believe what she wants but pretty soon she would reveal the truth and that wouldn't be so nice for the guilty party. Dalnim then leaves hoping to run into the cleaning lady only to bump into her lawyer who has come to get some hush money from Sekang. Dalnim at first leaves when those two are talking but she has either smartened up or feels something is up returns just in time to witness Sekang hand over some hush money to the lawyer Poor Sekang he is going to have a great day trying to wriggle his way out of this one. Dalnim tries to get the lawyer to return the money so that he can perhaps help her out but the lawyer is like why should I help you when I have finally found a way to feed myself infact you should join the club as well and if you are to nice to do so then he could ask in her place. Unfortunately Dalnim isn't interested in any of that just clearing her name and all So the lawyer for old times sake decides to point her in the right direction. Such as how Sekang and his mother convinced him that she might hav been guilty since she was probably wearing her bracelet that day. She then realizes that she was set up by them to take the fall for the murder so she heads to the jewellery store to find out who could have bought the bracelet that day. Unfortunately for her she finds out that the shop didn't have old records any more but her trip isn't a total waste as she discovers that around the time that she was arrested the shop did have a BOGO event and while she didn't get a name her suspicions were further aroused.

Armed with her suspicious she sets up a trap for Sena by leaving it on the floor where she knows that Sena will spot it. Sena does spot it and picks it up. At first there isn't much reaction until she realizes why it looks so familar and she ends up freaking out only to be confronted by Dalnim. They end up having a little argument only for it to be broken up by Sekang. Since he is a lawyer he isn't fooled by what Dalnim is doing and tells her that the real bracelet is still in police lock up so if she wants to come up against them she better bring real evidence that will hold up in court. He then warns Sena to be more careful after Danim leaves and not to fall for her mind games. Lets see how long you can follow your own advice regarding this matter. :)

Sena then heads over to Sun Ho's place to receive a pep talk from his mother and Ruby. They tell her not to worry as they are on her side. :( But that isn't the real reason that Sena is over there. She is there for Operation Get Rid Of Dalnim XXXX. Her new plan to paint Dalnim in a negative light to these people as well. She paints Dalnim has a shameless girl who is trying to seduce Jae Wook especially after killing of Jahee his sister. This successfully brings the two of them in her camp and they are also more than eager to get rid of Danim. Also to help her clear up the misunderstanding in regards to the evaluation test. Since she was doing it under Yiran's orders she should  be forgiven as well as the fact that Dalnim isn't a nice person. So Sun Ho should let this one slide and return to her. Since the two of them believe every word of hers they agree to help her out and thus get her as their In Law a dream come true for them.

Meanwhile Jae Wook and Sun Ho have a little discusion where he informs him that his mother is looking for Dalnim's mother but if she were ti find her it would be probably used as a bargaining chip and to further hurt her. They thus agree to team uo and find her before. Sena who by this time has now come visiting Yiran to make battle plans of their own to get rid of Dalnim are interrupted by Yiran's aide who informs her that he has probably located Dalnim's mother. Yiran thus leaves with him to get her. Sena freaks out so much that she forgets the function of a phone and instead wastes valuable time by rushing to see her mother and inform her of recent developments. Sun Ho who had come to talk with Yiran in regards to this on the other hand was smart enough to know how to use a phone and alerted Jae Wook of the situation while following Yiran. Though it took some time for Jae Wook to pick up the phone. Unfortunately even Sena's mother wasn't smart enough to use a phone so she and Sena end up rushing to the hospital as well. Only they show just how smart they still are by taking the stairs instead of an elevator which would be faster and not phoning as well. The show ends up with Yiran arriving outside the room that supposedly has Dalnim's mother but just before she enters t Sun Ho blocks her from opening the door.

Just a brief thought before I end this post since I am feeling sleepy now and all. While most of the episode was decent the ending wasn't so much. Yes it has ended at a typical cliffhanger but I don't feel it has that much of a bang as the start of the show and the middle as well. Frankly I don't even think that they will find Dalnim's mother over there and it will probably be a fake out. There are a few options available.

1. Team Evil actually thought of using a phone so they managed to get the witness to leave the hospital with the mother.
2. The mother is indeed still in that room but since Sun Ho has blocked the way him and Yiran will leave to have a conversation and when they do return they will find the room empty because Team Evil will have used this opportunity to remove her from the room
3. A better chance will be that this was all a fake out since the assistant thinks that he has found Dalnim's mother but actually it is the wrong person thus wrong hospital. During this time Team Evil wil go to the correct one and remove her from there. Remember in an earlier episode when Dalnim thought that she found her mother at the police station they did something similar. Sena's mother phones the witness who has fallen asleep on the job and we are also shown an empty bed further reinforcing the idea that the mother may have indeed been found. Even when Dalnim arrives at the station to be told that they found a woman who matched Dalnim's description and that she had hurt herself and thus lost her memory only when she faced Dalnim did we all realize that it was a fake out and that it was another woman. Dalnim's mother was still with the Witness.

Okay while I have more to add I will do so after I have had my sleep and all. So till then take care and then I will add my thoughts to the post as well as perhaps do a question and answer session as well. So till then take care all of you and keep posting. :)

Spoiler alert to those who have yet to see Ep 50 (raw). :ph34r:

I did not expect SNake and evil mom would take DN's mom back to their apartment. (Those two are really making things impossible for themselves.) But am sort of glad that SKunk has finally discovered his sister and mom's participation in DNmom's disappearance. (SK's unannounced return to the apartment shows he doesn't trust his own sister and mother. :rolleyes:)  He would of course hide the truth and that would make him equally complicit for abduction. I want to see serious jail time for  all three of them later on! :angry:

It's interesting to watch the dynamics between DNmom and the false witness. He seems to be genuinely compassionate towards her despite their weird circumstances. I'm guessing that later on, he would be key to saving DNmom from the snares of the wicked 3.  

I think I caught not only surprise but a glimpse of jealousy in JW when he chanced upon SH fixing DN's locks.  This  episode also shows that DN's feelings for SH have started to develop now. SH is on her mind.  I really look forward to seeing more of their three-sided romance. :tongue: 

And the preview of ep 51? Very interesting!  Too bad it's the weekend. We have to wait until next week to find out if DN would finally be reunited with her mom.  

Ep. 50  OHHHH.  Chef sees that SunHo's interest is too close for comfort with Dalnim concerning the door lock installation.  He's aware  now so we'll probably see more instances where Chef starts to get jealous.

Wardrobe people please change the size of SKunk's suit jacket as it was way too small for him.  It looked painful.  

Ep. 51 preview....big things happening on Monday's show with Dalnim's mom who appears to have had her memories triggered by having seen JaeHee's mother.  Something to look forward to as mom seems resolute in strangling SNake in her sleep so she must remember how Dalnim was framed and her bracelet stolen.

In the dictionary under the of the meaning of a man's actions; If he changes her door lock it means he's really into her.  A man's actions don't lie.  Sunho's going to have to face his family about not wanting to marry SNake because JaeHee's mother is trying to speed up the marriage.  SunHo has been cautioned by the Chairman not to make waves because she's one of the largest stockholders.  Let's see how he gets out of this or slows it down.  He has been giving SNake the cold shoulder treatment because I'm sure he's still discussed and appalled at her lack of moral values.  

One thing is for sure SKunk down fall is because of his mom and SNake , he is the weakest link from the preview DN is inside SNake apartment my guess  SKunk let her in.  the 3 evils and JH's mom will end up in jail for the embezzlement. 

23 hours ago, euraka said:

it is nice to see you here, YR aka JH mom is in for rude awaking she is so blinded by the hate she has for DN she can't see what is in front of her , I was wondering since she kept JH's room as it is  she might find a diary or something that shows SNake and JH are not best friends at all, it is a long way to go , we have to endure all the scheme and plotting against DN and watch the bad people win 

@euraka  You can best believe if JH had something in her room to prove that she and snake wasn't on the best of terms snake mom would have gotten rid of it.. 

I'm loving this drama more and more everyday it's fun watdhing thr trio do whatever it takes to slip through.. The real fun is going to start when they start getting caught..

@euraka hope that your training sessions went well. Since a week is almost up I hope that my recaps were sufficient to keep you upto date with the episodes itself. I did miss out on episode 47 sorry about that. Still since you will be back by Monday hopefully that means that I can stop recapping them now unless others are interested. I might continue to do so. Also I want to apologize regarding the quality of recaps since this is actually my first attempt to do so. Perhaps with time and practice that may change down the line. Now on to the drama itself.

I am seriously starting to worry about the mental health of all the second leads. By the time this show ends I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't all end up at a psyche wards for consultation (characters not the actors). Their level of obsession is on a whole new level whether it is an obsession over a person they love or hate (want revenge on). Even Sun Ho was in that category until recently. Am glad that he is finally learning to move on even if he hasn't realized that yet. On top of all this the way Sena was denying her involvement in Jahee's death (to Dalnim) almost sounded like she was starting to believe that lie itself and actually think that Dalnim was indeed the one responsible for said actions. I mean there was no need to confront Dalnim like that when she exited Sun Ho's room. Sure she could be bitter at her for apologizing to her but she really didn't need to bring up Jahee's death like that to her and continue to blame her for that. I can understand her doing that to others but not to Dalnim herself when she actually knows the truth. Also Yiran is going overboard in her quest for revenge that she is thinking that it is okay to use any means necessary to get rid of Dalnim from her life. She knows what Sena is doing is wrong but her only advice to her is to not get caught and she tells Jae Wook that Sena was willing to get her hands dirty while he was playing nice with Jahee's murderer. Seriously what is wrong with her. Not only that she is doing her best to make Dalnim uncomfortable. She is going out of her way to hurt her in every possible way such as when she left prison she made sure that Dalnim had no place to even stay in or even  a job to support herself. First she got her to leave the marketplace by putting the shop owners in a bind by purchasing their areas and telling them that they could stay there as long as they didn't help Dalnim out and then she alerted the Sauna Owner where she was staying with her criminal record forcing her to get kicked out from there as well. She wants Dalnim to leave them alone yet her own actions say otherwise. Even now when she is searching for her mother it is simply to hurt Dalnim. I doubt that she will simply return her mother to her in return for Dalnim to leave them alone. If I were to make a best guess she would send Dalnim out of the country and tell her that she would send her mother to her shortly. When Dalnim would arrive at her destination she would most probably be met with one of Yiran's agents who would take her passport so that she couldn't travel anymore and trap her there. She would be promised that her mother would be joining her later but that might not happen till a long time and Dalnim would have to find some means to survive on her own. This wouldn't be so easy since she wouldn't know anybody over there and perhaps the language barrier might also cause further problems for her. She couldn't return to Korea because if she does Yiran would have threatened her that she would hide her mother in some other place where she wouldn't be able to find her at all.

@effy1994 stated that Sena might throw her minion to the wolves to save herself. She may eventually do so but at this moment it won't be so easy. Regarding the cream incident there is no reasonable excuse that she can come up with for giving it to her. I can understand if the cream had lets say anti allergy properties in them apart from the numbing side effect then she could claim that she was looking out for an employee and had no idea that said person would use it for any nefarious purpose such as harming another employee. After all what she does with the cream can't be her responsibility. That might have been more believable but instead the cream only had one purpose aka numbing ones senses and at the moment she has no get out of jail card or setting up another person to prove her innocence. On a really far stretch she might have been able to say that the minion had injured her hand and needed something to numb the pain and so she gave said cream to her on the side to help with it. But that really won't fly unless people are dumb and one could see the small effects on the male worker when he accidentally applied the cream. If the minion had done so she wouldn't be able to do much work. Unless it was somewhere on the body like her back or chest. Thus harder to spot. Also someone should have noticed her injury at work unless she further claimed that he got injured at home or something. Even then as I was saying one would need to strtch their imagination for this lie to work. Also I doubt that minion would go along quietly unless she was promised something big in return. Speaking of people not acting straight Sun Ho comes to mind recently as well. Wasn't it a few episodes back when Sun Ho suspected Sena might be responsible for trying to frame Dalnim in the rice switch incident. He even suspected her to have perhaps paid of the delivery mans daughters surgery. But what does he go and do about it next. He answers a call right infront of Sekang (who had come to discuss what Sun Ho and Dalnim discussed about) and lets him overhear said conversation in regards to having the funds being traced. Didn't he think that if Sena was indeed involved her brother would have tried to warn her when he learned about the conversation. It would have been better if he told Sekang that he had to take the call in private so to please leave the room. This only allowed Sena to further cover her tracks if there were any.

@euraka you can be sure that one can't trust the lawyer he has his own agenda. After all this is the man that was cheating on his own wife with his former girlfriend. On top of all this he is now blackmailing Sekang for money. The only reason that I can come up with him even sharing what he knows with Dalnim is for some extra cash. In other words he can easily ask for more from Sekang with the threat of telling Dalnim something else and if Sekang wants to keep his secret he is going to have to play along. I guess he did feel a bit bad for Dalnim for being played by Sekang that he offered her a free bit of information but he won't be so willing next time since Sekang is his free meal ticket and he wouldn't want any harm to come to him. Perhaps for that very reason he may even join forces with Sekang in return for more money ofcourse to keep Dalnim of their track and all. This way he continues to blackmail him and get money and other benefits out of him as well. Speaking of the lawyer I kinf of liked the conversation Dalnim and him had in regards to him blackmailing Sekang. It was an interesting turn of events if I don't say so myself. In the past he told Dalnim that he was disappointed in her when he was led to believe by Sekang that Dalnim was blackmailing him that she would reveal their past to Ruby but now he is the one that is actually blackmailing Sekang and now she is telling him how disappointed she is in him. Speaking of pasts and secrets you mentioned how you were glad that Dalnim didn't tell Sun Ho about her past with Sekang as that is her ace card and she shouldn't use it so soon. To be honest I am a bit conflicted in this regards. Don't get me wrong I totally agree that it is her ace card. Unfortunately the problem that I feel in regards to this is the longer she holds onto it, its effect may go down in value. It's like a glass of boiling water. Use it while the water is still hot and maybe overflowing but given enough time the water will eventually cool down and a person can safely use it. The best time for her to use it would be when the iron would be still hot. Drop this bomb with another interesting fact or two such as who her birth mother is along the way and perhaps something else. then yes I am all for it but the more time she holds onto the fact that she dated Sekang the more time Team Evil will come up with a way to reduce it's impact. Perhaps they will paint her as someone who was following Sekang on her own accord and he had no feelings whatsoever for her but let her hang around them since he felt sorry for her. Then again they can come up with said lie even if she were to reveal it now but the longer that she delays in putting it of the more time they have of making Dalnim the bad person. Someone that is crazy and obsessed with revenge.

I am surprised on the other hand that Sena and Minion's actions didn't have much of a serious repercussion. They are still at work and in the same position. I would have expected them to get punished to some extent such as a dock in their pay as well as perhaps getting suspended. Also on top of all this Dalnim was greeting the minion as if she wasn't one of the reasons that she failed her test. Is she still under the belief that she only got her job back due to her name being cleared in the ingredient switch item and it has nothing to do with her evaluation test. But that doesn't make sense since Sena apologized to her. Yes dramas can be a bit confusing at times. :)

@UnniSarah mentioned that she thinks that Yiran will be the one to help Dalnim in her revenge such as when she discovers Dalnim's mother and after further investigation realizes that it was Team Evil that had her placed over there. She will then further investigate into them after getting suspicious. While a good idea I don't think that drama rules allow that to happen. Korean Drama Laws 101 state that birth parents can never find out about their first child before the halfway mark. Infact it is always near the end this allows us to have either more conflict with them if they are evil versions. Even if they get along with their child without knowing their children from their other marriage (birth or adopted) will try their best that the parent doesn't find out about them. Especially if they are in a love triangle or what not. This means that Team Evil will be finding out the connection between Dalnim and Yiran even before her and will do their best to get rid of her then. They will put in even more effort at this point to get rid of her. But even if this weren't the case and we were to look at her from the drama perspective as if those laws don't apply we will note that her personality wouldn't allow for that to happen. We have already seen how she acts towards Dalnim because she thinks that she was responsible for Jahee's death. She is doing everything that she can to get rid of her and she isn't even trying to hide this fact all that much. She has clearly stated to Dalnim herself that she wants her out of their life and not only that she has done her level best to get rid of her such as when she bought the market area in the hopes of Dalnim being forced to leave. Dalnim clearly knew who was responsible there. In other words Yiran is way to direct when it comes to revenge. She doesn't have much subtlery to her. As of now she may be willing to forgive Dalnim if she discovers that she is her long lost daughter but we will have to see when that happens. But revenge isn't in her game cards. if she finds out that it was Sena that was responsible for Jahee's death she would take immediate actions against her. Such as perhaps having her fired from work and have similar results with her mother. Such as she would ask Jae Wook to fire Sena's mother. She would then further go ahead and take away everything that family had. In other words she would want revenge for Jahee on her own and wouldn't really let Dalnim do much. As I said it's not in her personality to just sit back. Even now while Team Evil is busy plotting ways to get rid of her she is doing the same and they aren't sharing their plans. Nor would finding Dalnim's mother at this point be really helpful since she can't remember a thing. It also may be a bit hard to prove their involvment if they directly paid the witness and that to in cash. If asked why he was taking care of her he can easily come up with a lie that he was the helping kind and he couldn't let an old woman who couldn't remember a thing be all alone. Perhaps he could ask for money at the most but he isn't going to betray Team Evil all that easily. So for Yiran to figure out that Dalnim is her daughter or that Team Evil were responsible for Jahee's death it will take some time. As of now the quickest way that I can see her finding out about Dalnim and perhaps helping her in her revenge would be if she ended up in some sort of accident(Team Evil can be involved) and she will need some kind of transfusion or something to save her and only Dalnim will be a match and thus save her. Perhaps she may even be the one to find her and rush her to the hospital. When she recovers she is told that it was Dalnim that saved her. She will then start to have doubts that Dalnim could have killed Jahee and then she will further start to investigate Dalnim as she even be curious how they were a match to discover that she is her long lost daughter. But even this is a long stretch mind you. That to at an early stage in the drama.

Also like I said if we follow Drama Laws Team Evil needs to find out first the connection between the two. This was already set up in one of the beginning episodes mind you.

@Ldy Gmerm I totally agree with all the points that you have made Team Evil has had six long years to place themselves in positions of trust and power and it is going to take something big for others to see them for the snakes that they really are. But for this to happen it has to be something from a believable source aka either Jahee herself or from the snakes mouth themselves. If anyone else even says what they know it will be taken with a grain of salt and Team Evil will do their best to discredit them. The perfect example was when a few episodes back Jahee's friend showed up and told Sun Ho about the real Sena. What happened next when he confronted her. She said that the friend was lying because she was jealous of her relationship with Jahee. Pretty much that is going to happen each time someone will claim this. Though I guess if enough people say this they will eventually come to realize that where there is smoke there is also a good chance of fire as well. Again that is hoping a lot from these characters at this level. I am a bit surprised that Jahee even confided in somebody back then but I guess it was good for a reason. As for a written statement it should be physically written in a journal for this to work as an online blog, entry or even email can easily be claimed as fake from Team Evil and that someone else must have written it and made it appear like it was from Jahee herself. I doubt that it would be in a blog because as far as I know Jahee only seemed to have one. Sun Ho has probably already read all of it during his time to find the recipes she had written on it for the book that was dedicated to her and he didn't find it nor would Sena have let him do such a thing if she was aware of said fact and I don't see Jahee writing this on a strangers blog. An email is certainly possible but as I said Team Evil is going to make them all doubt the authenticity of said mail. That is why I say that the best way would be a journal which would have her handwriting that way Team Evil will have a harder time to get out of this or Dalnim manages to confront them and make them so angry that they admit t and somebody like Sun Ho or Yiran overhear the conversation. Would be preferable if it is Yiran because at this point I think Sena can easily paint that Sun Ho was influenced by Dalnim and what he heard wasn't what she mean and Yiran and company will believe her at this point. Jahee did finally realize just how dangerous Sena was becoming and tried to do damage control by trying to send her away to the Land Of Exile aka States. But by this time it was already to little and to late. Also her actions were only a short measure gap and not a permanent solution. Sena would have eventually returned and she would have resumed where she last left of. Meaning worming her way back into the family and thus try and break up Jahee and Sun Ho. Though until this happens Team Evil will continue to paint Dalnim in a negative light. If grandmother tries to intervene and say that she doesn't think that Dalnim is that kind of person they will simply tell her that she been played by Dalnim and that she must have aproached her intentionally knowing fully aware of who the grandmother really was.

Sena is dangerous because she one small act of kindness has gotten her so obsessed with Sun Ho. She is doing everything that she can to get him to like her back and since he isn't it is frustrating her to no end. What is worse is that she can easily turn on somebody if she doesn't like them enough. Take Jahee for example she was her friend who didn't care about boundaries such as she was the daughter of a servant and let her hang out with the rest of her friends and if it wasn't for Yiran Sena and her family would have been out on the streets ages ago. Instead of repaying that loyalty she started badmouthing them behind their backs. It was only by chance that Jahee discovered this and had her eyes opened to her true nature that there was a change in their friendship. At that point Jahee was even willing to set up Sena with Sun Ho to help out her so called friend. Even then Jahee tried to make the friendship work to an extent. Though I guess she started treating her like a servants daughter as well. Her mother is no different instead of gratitude to that family she has marked them has her own personal bank. Sekang was no different. He used Dalnim to get to where he was and when a better offer came he didn't hesitate to take it. The only reason that he didn't go out fully was because he was terrified of Dalnim and her temper he knew exactly how crazy she was but thanks to his family he found a way to get rid of her without arousing much suspicion to those around them.

@desertflower that is the only way that Sena thinks that she can marry Sun Ho that is by forcing him to accept her. Why else was she so nice to said families all those years ago. infact it started even before Jahee's death. She had started to worm her way into that families hearts thus making them think that she was a better person that Jahee herself. That is one of the reasons why Jahee was planing on sending her to the States. Then when Jahee died she simply continued this pattern. All of them were glad that she was their in their period of hardship and whereas everyone else had given up on Sun Ho she was stil worried and concerned about him. She was the only one that had his back and for that they were extremely grateful to her. Infact that is why they are still all for her. On top of that she has a good position at the company which she can further use to help Sun Ho get a better position and still have his back. So they tend to do whatever she wants or side with her because they have been fooled by her act so long. Not only that Sun Ho's mother wants their family line to continue this means that she doesn't care much about her sons feelings. Well she certainly does to an extent but that's not enough. Right now she thinks that her son doesn't have much in prospects because since he was engaged to Jahee he won't have many people accept him but she is more than grateful that Sena still wants him so she is all for that pairing. Only when her true colours will be revealed will she back down but till then she is someone who is firmly in her pocket.

@mel22 I think that Dalnim's mother at Team Evil's HQ was already hinted in the preview. When Yiran found the male cap over there. I assumed that would make some sense (was sleepy so didn't add it then in my post sorry) since hiding Dalnim's mother in the one place where nobody would bother to think of looking. Also it helps them keep a better eye on her. Yiran would have eventually found her at one of those hospitals but now even if her aide tells her that he has found someone matching a description they will know that they are safe as Yiran is on the wrong track and all They don't need to panic anymore.I am glad that Sekang has been made aware of his families actions towards Dalnim's mother. He has acted predictably so far from what I gather by covering up the incident but at the same time since he is the weakest link in his family he is bound to crack if he is put under the spotlight. Dalnim or somebody else just needs to apply the proper pressure to get him to crack and yes he needs to be alone for that to happen. Once that happens I think Team Evil and all their plans will slowly start to unravel. As for the witness it was bound to happen. He has been taking care of Dalnim's mother for 6 long years and all. He has spent those years with her alone. I doubt that he even had any other job at that time but to look after her so I would have assumed that his feelings would be somewhat genuine towards her. But till her memory returns don't expect him to be on Dalnim's side or even help her reunite with her mother as well.

Anyway got to go now and watch episode 50. So will be back later on with more thoughts regarding the show. Till then take care all of you and keep posting. :)

10 hours ago, yamiyugi said:

hope that your training sessions went well. Since a week is almost up I hope that my recaps were sufficient to keep you upto date with the episodes itself. I did miss out on episode 47 sorry about that. Still since you will be back by Monday hopefully that means that I can stop recapping them now unless others are interested. I might continue to do so. Also I want to apologize regarding the quality of recaps since this is actually my first attempt to do so. Perhaps with time and practice that may change down the line. Now on to the drama itself.

@yamiyugi Thanks dear for the recap you made it easy for me and I really appreciate all your effort, yes my training went well it is over finally 

can't believe for seconds that Ruby is pregnant what I am thinking is may be she has a Phantom pregnancy or Hysterical pregnancy.where she has all sign and symptoms of pregnancy  when actually she is not pregnant 

19 minutes ago, euraka said:

can't believe for seconds that Ruby is pregnant what I am thinking is may be she has a Phantom pregnancy or Hysterical pregnancy.where she has all sign and symptoms of pregnancy  when actually she is not pregnant 

I too think she is not pregnant maybe one of them can't have kids, that would be great if its SK. Since koreans are blood family oriented they would kick him out as soon as they found out ! The joy ! 

I don't think anyone deserves to be slightly happy in this drama until SN is in jail. 

49 minutes ago, effy1994 said:

I too think she is not pregnant maybe one of them can't have kids, that would be great if its SK. Since koreans are blood family oriented they would kick him out as soon as they found out ! The joy ! 

I don't think anyone deserves to be slightly happy in this drama until SN is in jail. 

If she was in fact pregnant, I hope she'd lose the baby. (My bad :tongue:) I want SK and his evil sister & mom to suffer bad.

The slap was my favorite part in this episode. It was long overdue and she had it coming.  Another (and stronger)  slap should have landed on the evil mom's face, too.  

I enjoyed the slap that SK gave SN as well, but it was a little too late to be horrified at what his mom and sister had done. They all made a choice to harm others to save themselves. SK may not have known but SN's words to him about he first abandoning DN who cared for him and was pregnant by him was the truth. They only came up with a way for him to be done with her for good so he could be with Ruby. His guilt means nothing if he is not willing to come forward and tell the truth or return that woman to her without leaving her near where DN can find her. The woman is ill and even though he is trying to get the woman back to her daughter leaving her near DN's work without someone to watch her is a recipe for disaster.

SK was willing to cheat on DN with Ruby a better/richer prospect. He was willing to take all the money, goodwill and love DN gave him and got her pregnant only to find a new woman. He was willing to let his family with his help frame DN for a crime she did not commit and he is shocked that his mom and sister made a choice to get rid of her mom after her mom realized they framed her daughter and he had a new woman??? One thing for certain what SN said to him was correct, before he cast stones at her for not being human he needs to first look at himself as well.

SK should enjoy what happiness he has now with Ruby because it will eventually come to an end. You can not continue to enjoy something that was based on lies. Ruby was the other woman to DN who was pregnant and who had been with SK a long time. When she finds that out if she is really pregnant Ruby may miscarry or be devastated that this pregnancy she thinks is real is prolly only phantom. The fact that he is now going along with this embezzling paper company scam from the company of his wife's family only shows how truly stupid he really is. He will loose everything dealing with his mom and SN.

It amuses me that SN and her mother along with SH's family thinks the answer to SH being cold to SN after what she did is to try and rush a marriage. SH is not into SN like that and the fact they keep ignoring his feelings and base things on hers alone is a problem. I hope SH does not show up or is not blackmailed into having to marry SN. It would be bad if that happens. Although I think his family will need the backlash from the association of that family when SN and the rest are exposed. At the same time I do not want SH married to her and dragged down as well when it was really his grandmother and families fault. This all goes back to them being totally brained washed by SN.

I look forward to YR getting it as well. This woman is ready to commit embezzling against the family her daughter almost married into all to get money or ruin that company. What is her purpose? She wants to punish them for continuing to allow DN to work there or is it just greed and the need to take? YR will go down hard and her actions will not show her how badly she has messed up until SN and her family are exposed or JH some kind of way shows her the truth. I need her to hear SN tell her that she was better than even the saintly JH who YR is committing crimes for perhaps that will wake her up to realize that SN had no love for JH but hated her and was jealous of her and YR helped her try to step into JH's shoes.

I love the slap too but SN is right he made a choice nobody put a gun on his head he could have done the right thing we don't need to worry about Ruby she is not going to have the baby SK will have a miserable life with no peace of mind from the preview he made his bed once again involving himself with his sister scheme if not what he has done to DN rest assure he will go to jail for embezzlement and creating false company. SH better speak up otherwise he will be drag to the aisle, hopefully, by the end of this week DN will find her mom, in the  preview the director come looking for DN and I think he is a bad news, 

SK - I guess he has a little bit of conscience based on his reaction to seeing DN's mum but because of his own choices that were made (abandoning DN for wealth), plus influence from his sister and mom (from helping to cover up for SN for JH's accident, to many others till up to recently - helping SN with embezzling) has caused him to believe that there's no going back. Poor guy is distraught... until Ruby is found pregnant. Let's see how that goes.

Would the grandmother still agree to let SH marry SN? I'm curious. Curiouser still, (I just made up that word did I?) is SH's reaction if he knew about the fast forwarding of his marriage plan...

Talking about SH, I'm surprised he let DN into SN's house, knowing the risk if she gets caught (which she did). And that impeccable timing of his to arrive at the house to save DN. SH to DN's rescue! Haha!

And SH teasing DN because he wants to test her naivety. Excited to know if he is really going to test/tease her again and how. :D

Btw, I'm new here. Love this drama ever since I saw it on tv, and has been hooked ever since. Shall drop here now and then. 50 episodes done. 70+(?) episodes to go!

41 minutes ago, dynamo14 said:

SK - I guess he has a little bit of conscience based on his reaction to seeing DN's mum but because of his own choices that were made (abandoning DN for wealth), plus influence from his sister and mom (from helping to cover up for SN for JH's accident, to many others till up to recently - helping SN with embezzling) has caused him to believe that there's no going back. Poor guy is distraught... until Ruby is found pregnant. Let's see how that goes.

Would the grandmother still agree to let SH marry SN? I'm curious. Curiouser still, (I just made up that word did I?) is SH's reaction if he knew about the fast forwarding of his marriage plan...

Talking about SH, I'm surprised he let DN into SN's house, knowing the risk if she gets caught (which she did). And that impeccable timing of his to arrive at the house to save DN. SH to DN's rescue! Haha!

And SH teasing DN because he wants to test her naivety. Excited to know if he is really going to test/tease her again and how. :D

Btw, I'm new here. Love this drama ever since I saw it on tv, and has been hooked ever since. Shall drop here now and then. 50 episodes done. 70+(?) episodes to go!

@dynamo14 welcome to the thread, though at time it is frustrating it is a good drama so please stick to it, may be next time when SH is telling DN that he likes her she might think he is just testing her 

Archived