[Drama 2017] Criminal Minds 크리미널 마인드

Admin

btw, don't know if you have noticed one funny mistake (not the missing S :)), I am quite a newbie here, so not sure, if you have spoken about it :D 

But as you can see for example here, when Hyun Jun is running to stop the towing car, there is green light for pedestrians at the zebra crossing. But both the towing car plus the white car in the opposite direction just drive happily haha. Well well well :D https://www.instagram.com/p/BXHld6vDlyV/?taken-by=yunlee3

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, haniiiii said:

btw, don't know if you have noticed one funny mistake (not the missing S :)), I am quite a newbie here, so not sure, if you have spoken about it :D 

But as you can see for example here, when Hyun Jun is running to stop the towing car, there is green light for pedestrians at the zebra crossing. But both the towing car plus the white car in the opposite direction just drive happily haha. Well well well :D https://www.instagram.com/p/BXHld6vDlyV/?taken-by=yunlee3

I think that's not a mistake, red light was on but the towing truck (and I assume the white car too) were turning right. They're allowed to do that (that is if they came to complete stop before turning)

My favorite scenes from episode 2 caps:

ZvYXURP.jpg

So far car scenes between SW and HJ made it to the top, this conversation is love

Spoiler

4gSuto7.jpg

5b2eDCO.jpgFUdy6bc.jpgTfcrC3A.jpgfaShz2a.jpgvHYuZcm.jpgTz33oxo.jpg

this tiny smile at the end... :wub:Xw3Mvnv.jpg

I also love how relaxed looks HJ in this scene... De79s9Z.jpg
btw the first time i saw this scene i read the word "Crime" and thought he was reading "Crime and Punishement" , later i realized it was "Crime Profiling"

Spoiler

F3UI2Jn.jpgPohMZAv.jpgfBpww4p.jpgEJPJQRn.jpg

I would say it again... that smile at the end :wub::wub:

5JmaKID.jpgMcn96yV.jpgImdQXJK.jpg

And of course, the quiet conversation between SW and HJ again:

Spoiler

C5Oyh5e.jpgWlkK5Hc.jpgdR9UHky.jpg4UDC5jC.jpgUWNHWh9.jpgHRdOUjw.jpg

yqoQK8J.jpg

I´m in love with this couple, i don´t care if they have a romantic relationship or just a friendship, i love their scenes together

:heart:

sorry for the pic spam and good night!!!

Spoiler

@pixelsticks since the quote feature is fighting with me again): Lol it's funny you mention being stuck on hot beaches; I actually had a conversation via fb with a college friend about how she misses Colorado, since she and her husband are in Cali atm. Colorado is home, though. It's super awesome to see at least two others (you and @lovelyrainy) that at least know where Colorado is? >D

Also, the meme of Garcia NaNa Hwang is freaking awesome >D

Response post.

@lovelyrainy @pixelsticks @Uniform Victory @hiluna @zi4r @stroppyse @antoniaclamens Thanks for responding to my posts and answering my questions. It will help me navigate my way around a brand new culture and industry.

For the drama recommendations as well. I won't be trying a new series yet because I want to focus on CMKR. But I will explore dramafever and viki this weekend.

As for the information about the production process.

Spoiler

That "rolling" or "live shoot" concept sounds pretty crazy to me. And terrible for the cast and crew.

Not that it doesn't happen in the US TV production. Sometimes the final episodes may finish filming with only a few days left before airing too. But this happens almost exclusively to full length series that run about 7-8 months long with a mid season break. Given that CMKR's run is only 2.5 months long, I thought they would have finished filming everything --or close to everything-- by now. Oh god, the editing is pretty shaky right now. With less time in later episodes, I am afraid to imagine how much worse it might get.

Another difference in the production process. I see that there is no concept of 'pilot' in korean dramas. So I really wonder how the pitching process works at all. How do various channels make decisions on which drama to pick up and air?

As much as I am hoping CMKR would listen to some of the criticism and firm up its editing, the thought of it being cut short or totally changing track in terms of script....... I wouldn't like that at all!

------

On 7/30/2017 at 4:27 AM, lovelyrainy said:

@dforte wow so CM is the first K-drama you watch?

Yep. Hopefully it will live up to its potential. I talked to a few acquaintances who watch korean dramas. Why are they all females hmm? And they all acted so surprised I am watching, haha. Anyway, most of them warned me that the dramas have a tendency to fizzle out. I guess I now know why. With the hectic production schedule near the end, I can understand the quality might end up being affected.

But I hope CMKR won't suffer the same fate. I actually managed to watch the interview --not the presscon-- of the three leads. Just to get to know them better. It is a great cast! Very likable people too. Given their acting standard, they deserve this drama being a success. I truly hope it will be.

@pixelsticks Nice to meet you, fellow viewer from the US. Though it seems we aren't the only two Americans here. Anyway, I might PM you if I run into issues with dramafever or viki. Hope you don't mind.

And congrats for your IG post being regrammed by 'the genius' actor. You must be over the moon! I sure hope he lives up to your awesome piece of art. At the moment, your interpretation of him seems more of a genius than the drama's portrayal. But that's just IMO. I know you do like the genius' portrayal in the show too. Which is all well and good.

Good luck with getting your male friends(?) to watch the drama. If they don't, just remember, it's their loss. Men can be idiots at times. Believe me, I know. :wink:

15 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

And Victory!    We got @dforte to post again! 

Hahaha! So there's been some conspiracy? Some strategy huh? God, you guys are fun!

But seriously. Thanks for the welcome. I usually don't butt into fandoms this way. But this forum has been pretty damn kind!

@Uniform Victory I think I might have just added to your headache with my more critical post. If so, I apologize. But if I'm going to stick around here, I intend to be critical. I don't support mindless bashing. But my posts might not be as comforting as you wish them to be.

About the fan-initiated publicity. The US productions would pay anything to receive such a worldwide concerted fan effort. I think it was really good promo. IMO better than the drama's own promotions which I have a problem with. The character description and informative posts are excellent. But I didn't enjoy most of the teasers and trailers which is why I wasn't going to watch. And calling this a "remake" might haunt this production to the very end.

As for finding my way here, I give big kudos to whoever is running the @CriminalMindsKr twitter. --One of the mods here, I presume?-- The selection of material is great! And very good organization too, which is rare on twitter. I get a taste of the fanbase from the beautiful CW and JG stuff. But you didn't over do it and overwhelm the useful info. So it kept me interested enough to click through the links. And here I am.

@hiluna I don't think it is always bad or wrong to compare CMKR against the US original. After all, it is a "remake". So the comparisons are gonna be unavoidable. As long as we're comparing pound for pound, there is nothing wrong with that. The problem right now is that some people are comparing 2 episodes worth of performance versus 12 seasons worth of nostalgia.

For the KR version to live up to expectations, the show will have to be able to withstand the comparisons. But we need to give it some time. Personally I will give it 4 weeks. I will start really comparing from episode 9 onwards.

@zi4r Thanks for the massive reply. And yes, let us focus on the new episodes. I think we have discussed more than enough about the first two!

And thanks for the name chart. Very useful. Oh and now I know what or who "bbong" is! I keep seeing that everywhere on twitter and was totally confused.

On 7/31/2017 at 10:39 AM, zi4r said:

Well, other that that, you and I seem to agree on most points..... and your post is so wonderfully complete that I have nothing to add!

Yes. Because except for the criticism of the US original and a few minor points, most of my first post is basically a summary of all your posts! XD The points I agree anyway.

Oh and fine. I stand corrected on your JG's driving. Maybe the issue is the camera work. And yes I was nitpicking. A bit. XD

And succinct (which I really need to learn to be).

Why would you do that? Please don't. What's the point of having too many people making "succinct" posts? Yours have details that some readers enjoy. If anyone skips past your post because of the length, it's their loss!

First, yes, he has a lot of fans here. And that's one criticism --- Strike #1! Two more strikes, and you're getting the kill-switch. :angry:     jkjk

Are you sure it is a joke? Because I saw the little tussle you had on another thread. :wink: 

Spoiler

I have something to say about that. And I don't care if it's nomb.

If your analysis posts didn't sound critical, people like me wouldn't read. To be frank, I skipped past all your fannish posts. Fans might not appreciate how you can detach yourself from fandom to criticize when you need to. People like me might not appreciate how you can switch off your analytical brain and turn yourself into a squealing fan in some posts. Your critical posts are appreciated by people like me who are exploring the drama without fandom attachment. Your fangirl posts are loved by your own fandom.

So all I'm saying is. You might need to grow some thick skin for your own sanity. No point getting upset over everyone's response.

I'm only saying this because I notice your writings suddenly changed after the blowback. You were trying to highlight JG more. Which is fine if that's what you really want to do. But you shouldn't feel like you need to change your writings just because a person or two decide to be mean to you. "Blogger integrity" remember?

Your JG had a smaller role in Week 1. Fans will have to live with it. So suck it up. And write more massive posts. Be yourself.

@stroppyse Thank you for your in-depth recommendation and explanations. It is very helpful. I can sense you're going to be one of my main source of info to really get to know the industry. I might bother you with questions from time to time. If you don't mind.

And I must say I love your analyses as well. You have a good eye. Your posts helped me pick out details I missed.

On 7/31/2017 at 11:39 AM, stroppyse said:

Getting back to discussing Criminal Minda, however, I guess they are adapting the plotlines from the first season of the US  for this version of Criminal Minds? I have to admit that I'm curious about this since the US plots typically had to do with serial killers. South Korea, being a smaller, more crowded country, hasn't had as many serial killer cases to deal with as far as I'm aware.

When I was exploring this thread before I got an account, I saw a few people commenting on that too. I do have some reservations about this. If CMKR chooses to focus mainly on serial killers, it might be unrealistic. But from some of the information slides I saw, it seems they might be considering some terrorism angle as well.

For now, I'd rather wait and see than speculate. This remake is fraud with potential issues. But from the first 2 episodes, the drama has shown me that it can create its own twist and stories in realistic fashion, and give nods to the original at the same time. So I am going to set aside my reservations for now and just enjoy the show as it comes.

7 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

First to you and all who follow your example, please let´s not call JG “the skinny guy”, let me borrow a gif to quote him:

7 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

BWAA!!!  Perfection!!!!

@antoniaclamens JG & Kim Hyunjun have names. As do the other 6 cast and characters. They are all equally important to me. Meaning there are 14 names for me to learn in a language and culture that is unfamiliar to me. I still can't pronounce any of them which means I have to remember them by spellings or acronyms. Or I have to refer to the chart zi4r has provided all the time. When I am writing posts, it's highly inconvenient and very confusing to me. And I do not have the luxury of time. I'm staying around on this forum because my posts may offer a new perspective to some of you. I'd rather focus my time and energy on making my posts entertaining and objective than getting all the acronyms or names right. Names have never been my strong suit. And these being korean names makes it all the worse for it.

I can remember the names of JG and CW just fine now. So I have been using them. The 'skinny dude' or 'JG character' I refer to is Kim Hyunjun. The 'cold girl' or 'CW character' is Ha Sunwoo. The characters. Not the cast. And I still have problems with those names. I intend to try and get all the cast right first before I move on to the characters. So no offence but Hyunjun will have to wait for my headspace, just as other characters will have to do.

All forumers have preferences. And I do not wish to cause undue discomfort to you with my writing style. If you find offence in my post particularly for names, please skip them for now. I will tag you probably in about a couple of weeks, when I can finally remember everyone. Then you can start reading them.

7 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

BTW I can´t hate you because you said LJG is a great actor

We can all have difference in opinion. I respect that you don't agree with me on drama quality. And I respect that you have more experience with korean dramas. If you feel that my take on the drama is less trustworthy for my lack of knowledge of the industry, it is a very valid point. And I respect and even agree with that too.

But please take note. I am not here as a JG fan. I am not here just to pile praises on him and ignore his failings if there were any. So if you are going to read my posts with a mindset that you will hate me --or even just find it upsetting-- to read bad things about JG or Kim Hyunjun, I suggest you avoid my posts entirely. Because it might come to a point when I might have to upset you. I do not believe anyone is above criticism. But on the other hand, I do not want any unneeded drama on a forum where I intend to chill and relax and decongest my brain. My posts are my space. I am not going to censor myself for the sake of others. Unless of course the moderators here feel differently. Then I will just leave.

So I will still give you a shoutout when I am done learning the names. But seriously. Please ignore that shoutout if you think my posts have a potential to upset you. What's the point of doing something you find unpleasant? Life is so short. And foruming is meant to be an enjoyable activity. I hope we can come to an understanding here. Thanks.

The same goes to everyone else on the forum.

@zi4r The totally oot stuff.

Spoiler

Answer about my sis: I don't think she cared all that much about JJ. She just felt AJ's exit was "unfair". Especially given the show's treatment of Paget. She felt females were being targeted. Typical overzealous feminist response. XD

I guess, you're gonna jump down my throat now, hmm? Ms Cumberb****

And "Citadel".... Mass Effect?

Citadel can mean a lot of things. How the hell did you jump to that?

And you play? Hm. You don't write like a gamer chick.

Ok folks. I am outta here. See you all soon.

Haven't welcome you to the thread @dforte. Welcome aboard :). It's really nice to have a male viewer in this thread and coming from a non-fan of any actor from this CMKR. Looking forward to your future objective analysis and constructive criticisms.

Sorry to cut your post and quote them. 

1 hour ago, dforte said:

As for finding my way here, I give big kudos to whoever is running the @CriminalMindsKr twitter. --One of the mods here, I presume?-- The selection of material is great! And very good organization too, which is rare on twitter. 

1 hour ago, dforte said:

And thanks for the name chart. Very useful. Oh and now I know what or who "bbong" is! I keep seeing that everywhere on twitter and was totally confused.

Yes, you are right. The one who created and runs the @CriminalMindsKr twitter is one of the mods here @LyraYoo *claps to her*.. she got what she aimed for (which is to spread this CMKR to the broader viewers and see, you noticed this drama due to that!).  And lol.. you made me laugh with the bbong remark. Never thought it will come up in your post or that, you saw people wrote it. Yes. Bbong (her nickname) is the cold girl aka CW :).

As for drama reccomendations

Spoiler

If you want the non-romance dramas with similar genre to CM than I recommend Signal, Secret of Forest, Voice and Tunnel. But better watch them until you are done with CMKR.

Or how about try Korean movie? Start with the one from 'bbong'?. Called 'War of Arrows'. That's a full packed action.

Here to answer your question again @dforte 

Another difference in the production process. I see that there is no concept of 'pilot' in korean dramas. So I really wonder how the pitching process works at all. How do various channels make decisions on which drama to pick up and air?

I have never seen any drama dropped after pilot even though the rating is horrible from the start, they just cut in short later. They usually schedule what and when to air months before so it's hard to drop a project, they won't have anything to replace that time slot. I guess channels pick up based on the script, writers and who the leads are, that's why we keep seeing the same actors and actresses since producers tend to cast popular names so their products can be chosen.  However, variety show is different, there're a lot of them disappear after pilot episode due to cold response from viewers.

@dforte Trust me...remembering the names of the actors and their character names has been a struggle myself.  I will admit to printing out the Criminal Minds Asian Wiki cast list earlier on   tv baby 38     so I could keep it all straight and not have to look it up constantly.  And fun fact if you are not aware, the first name listed (if there are 3) is actually their surname/family name (if it's not a stage name).  

And you can call JG (Joon Gi Lee- if he was in the US) the skinny guy.  :tongue: I don't have a problem with it.  I don't think @antoniaclamens does either...she just had the perfect line from Episode 1 to use on you! 

And @LyraYoo is da bomb!

I'm still amazed at how many still photos there are of JG in EOD gear.  If you put them in a slideshow, it would probably be longer than what we saw on CM so far? Will we see even more EOD time? Might they show some backstory of Sun Woo as a cop as well? 

Hello everybody.

My week is going from bad to worse. There's a potential hurricane coming our way, and it'll hit us on Thursday. My electricity & internet are both already patchy even now! My mainline internet is already dead, and the secondary internet is too slow to stream or download anything. And I don't know when everything will just quit on me. Meaning, I might not get to watch the CM episodes till much much later!

:bawling::bawling::bawling:

But anyway, I intend to soompi whenever I can. I'm relying on everyone on the forums for updates & livecaps!

@stroppyse @pixelsticks Computer troubles have ended; new troubles begin. Life without CM livestream is just gonna suck! depressed1-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928

11 hours ago, mulberry9 said:

@zi4r is it even possible to hope for a sageuk together? Even it movie will do! 

I'm not gonna be picky, dear. Anything where the two of them get to be lovey-dovey is all fine by me! (Oh kdrama/film gods, hear me, hear me! Please don't let that sizzling chemistry go to waste!) But even if not a sageuk, a drama would be nice. Then we will get to see them together for an extended period of time. :wub:

And yes, big round of applause to @LyraYoo. For being awesome in so many ways!

@stroppyse @lovelyrainy & all others who have been giving tons of non-CM-related but very-relevant-to-drama-world info to our man @dforte...
I wanna thank you all too! Cuz I'm actually learning a whole lot from your posts. Compared to many of you, I'm fairly new to KDramaland as well, you see. And there are just a lot of stuff I was curious about, but I never got around to figuring out! So yep yep, it's great to get more info on all those long-overdue questions I've had. Thank you!!

@haniiiii Heard there's a famous fan around here. So I've gotta say hi! hi-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862508
I'm so jelly jelly that you get to see him filming!!!
And welcome to the forums!

11 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

After watching MLSHR (last LJG’s drama) I’m afraid of another editing nightmare (though even with the editing nightmare or maybe because of the editing nightmare, MLSHR is my favorite and most beloved drama).

no-no-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?12927937No, please. Don't say it.... don't say it... don't say it. Urghhhhhh! You said it!!!
I can't go back to MLSHR trauma. I've barely recovered from it.
I really hope the editing problems are confined to the first 2 episodes. *fingers & toes crossed*

17 hours ago, zi4r said:

@pixelsticks Lol about the "S". The things you notice! :lol:

11 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

Hahaha...somehow I sense that to be a compliment and a snark.  :wink:

Yah! That was a genuine compliment!
And when do I ever get snarky? Oh I never! :ph34r: I'm such a genuine genuine person, you know? :ph34r::ph34r:

7 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

Might they show some backstory of Sun Woo as a cop as well? 

Lemme tell you what I want.

n5cVuGP.gifn5cVuGP.gif WARNING: Turning off my brain & turning on my hormones now n5cVuGP.gifn5cVuGP.gif

I want one of NCI cases to happen in the neighborhood where SW used to be a cop. Then at the police station, I want one of her former colleagues to make a snide remark about her..... probably about her being a girl or how she should go back to bringing coffee.
Then I want HJ to get all overprotective & go berserk on the guy!
 admire2-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928624(I know SW won't swoon, but I will.)admire2-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928624
But rather than feeling all swoony about it, I want SW to get mad at HJ for being unprofessional.
Then of course, *bicker bicker bicker* .......

Come on! They advertised these two as bickering duo. I didn't get enough of that. I wanna see MOOOOOARRRR!

*** Brain rebooted ***

Now, I've gotta do this. Because.... Helloooo kettle, I'm pot!

Spoiler
8 hours ago, dforte said:

You might need to grow some thick skin for your own sanity.

Look who's lacking thick skin now! :ph34r:

@dforte buddy, chillax! No needa get your pant**s in a twist, k? :D Goodness, here I thought I tend to overreact. :wink::wink:

No one is asking you to be a JG fan here. (Well, actually, I kinda did. But that was a joke.) We all know you're gonna be all critical & analytical. And that's all fine. Actually, it's very good! We need people here that are not so emotionally attached to the drama and the cast. As you said, a new perspective!

But I can't promise that everyone will be level-headed & cool with your criticisms during the drama-run. You must understand..... the forum is kinda an outlet for all of us. So emotions can run high here, and sometimes people step on each other's toes..... especially right after an episode, when the thread is in a frenzy. (Actually, during those times, if you wish to "chill and de-congest your brain", a drama thread might not be a good place to do so. It can get kinda crazy around here!) But 99.9% of the time, even if we end up offending one another, it's not intentional. And afterwards, we all get past it & move on! No harm, no foul.

Spoiler

So if someone reads your post & doesn't like it, they might ignore it. Or they might decide to engage. And when they do, they might not always sound rational in your opinion. If that happens, you can be like me and get all b**chy. Or you can take a chill-pill and ignore it and move on. Confrontations need two sides, right? If you're a chill man, then don't engage them! Simple, no?

And that "tussle" you talked about? That wasn't my first blowup & won't be my last. I'm somewhat a walking disaster, creating drama wherever I go. And I have a very short fuse. AKA the kind of person you might wanna avoid engaging if you want some peace & quiet.

Also just FYI, our dear @antoniaclamens is probably one of the most chill & levelheaded JG fans around on the forums. So really, there's nothing to get worked up over.

Now, about the names. We totally get it (and that's why I gave you the chart). Actually, most (all?) of us here are international fans. So korean names are a pain for us too. Just not as bad as for you, cuz we've been in KDramaland for longer.

Anyway, whatever you choose to call the cast & characters, I personally don't mind. (And as @pixelsticks said, my dear @antoniaclamens is probably just poking fun at you with the perfect gif from the drama!) But if some JG fans here do mind about your nickname for JG/KHJ, this might be the reason:

Spoiler

There are people out there who feels that JG is too skinny. Even though he has been showing off his health & stamina & vitality through his kickass action stunts and how he powers through long brutal hours of work, some people keep saying that he is unhealthy. There are two camps among fans. 1) Those who feel that they should make noise about it so he would try and put on weight. 2) Those who feel that he should be whoever he wants to be, and the criticism about his weight might give him stress or body-image issues. Both camps are totally well-meaning!

Long story short, some fans might feel that terming him 'skinny dude' is mean or problematic. Many people find being called "fat" offensive, right? It's kinda similar here, just the other way round. So as you can see, it can be kinda a sensitive issue.

BUT! Even though I myself am in Camp#2, I don't find your term offensive at all. I know you call him that in good humour. It's just...... Soompi is where worlds collide. Fangirl-sensitivity colliding with American-dude-snark ---> Sometimes can be tricky.
And in this case, it might actually be: American-dude-sensitivity colliding with Fangirl-sense-of-humour!

The spoiler tag above is just FYI. You don't need to change anything. Just chill, buddy. Chill!

taichi-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?1292793

And response to out-of-topic stuff:

Spoiler

Typical overzealous feminist response. XD I guess, you're gonna jump down my throat now, hmm?

Nah, I'm no feminazi. But I don't really wanna be spouting my views on feminism here.

Citadel can mean a lot of things. How the hell did you jump to that?

You mean I'm wrong? Cuz your twitter header says otherwise.
#NotAStalker If you don't want people following a breadcrumb, you shouldn't have put it there!

And, oh ya. Happy Birthday!!! happy-birthday-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif (assuming that birth date is real)

@zi4r Hello. Yes, it was such an honour too see him face to face. I went to Cheongju full of excitement, but I thought I would just see him from afar (and even that would be nice, of course). I am really grateful for the possibilty to see him. 

Btw, I was watching the car chasing scene in the 2nd episode of Criminal Minds with my jaw dropped.  And I was so surprised when I was doing printscreens from that scene and I found out that I am in one of them haha. I was standing at that crossroad watching the shooting and they let it in the scene, cause the people standing there are not recognizable anyway. Hilarious :D  It is from second minute of the second episode.

n5z8Haz.jpg 

So technically I was in a drama with Lee Joon Gi, looool

But please don't hate me, everybody, okay? :D I had an incredible opportunity, but on the other hand, I am trying to make other JG fans happy too by translating posts, pictures etc. for Lee Joon-Gi 이준기 International Fan Club :D:D:D:wink: 

Warning: this will be a long post. Sorry.

@dforteI think you totally misunderstood my post. I didn´t mean to offend you but if I do I’m very sorry about it. Let me apologize. I think this is the first time that something like this happens to me so I will explain myself. (more on spoiler tag)

Spoiler

RL to me is very hard, especially right now, so I come to dramas and this forum for fun, to relax myself and be happy, I never wanted to start a fight! Less with you! As @zi4rexplained before LJG’s weight is a sensitive issue to many, I myself am in camp 2. As long as he’s healthy and happy with his image I’m fine with his current weight (but if he gains some weight the better). But that’s not only a LJG issue, many actors are very thin. In CM you can call LH (or the genius guy) the “skinny dude” too. If I remember well I said something like “@dforte and other soompiers”, why? Because I find it funny that the name stuck and was used by some fellow soompiers (btw the same that fangirl with me in LJG’s thread). When I was backreading this thread I saw the gif and decided to use it. I was kidding. I think @pixelsticksgot the meaning when she laughed and said “perfection” (or something like that)

To me remembering Korean names is difficult too. Every time I made a post I have to check the names first. Of course, as the drama advances I learn some names (at first it was hard for me remembering faces too). As you watch more dramas it becomes easier.

The truth is that I like your posts very much, and I’m sure I said that I like to know your POV as a man and an outsider of kdrama fandom, because honestly I’m only talk about dramas with girls. I don´t know a single man who watches dramas. So I’m very curious to know what you think. Plus you already watched the original CM series, which I haven´t watched. 
When I said I can´t hate you because you said JG’s was a great actor, what I meant is that I was very happy because you think JG is a great actor. Maybe I made a wrong choice of words (btw I’m not a native English speaker). It was a kind of joke (not a good one, because it offended you). I could’ve said “I love you because you said JG’s a great actor”. But I can get that you misunderstood me because you’re new here, because you don’t know me or my bad style of writing. Many times I have so many things in my head and when I read my own posts I only read silly stuff. Sigh. I tend to exaggerate a lot when I´m speaking too (something cultural I think)

I know you’re not a JG fan (not yet) (it was another bad joke. Sorry.) I don´t want you to pile praises on  him and ignore his failings. He´s not perfect. No one is. But I will like every time you praise him and I will think deeply every time you comment about his failings. Because even if I’m a fangirl I like to think that I’m objective and can see his wrongs (mind you, even if I see his wrongs I will only sing his praises while reserving my critics to LJG’s thread or myself) You see I’m very honest with myself and you all. So if you need to critic him or the drama, I won´t be upset (and of course I won´t hate you. I hate no one in this world, why would I?). So far I agree with many things you said about the drama. And if you see I’m saying something that sounds offensive, please feel free to correct me but please don´t take offense because I never mean wrong.

I hope I explained myself well. Anyway please please take my sincere excuses and please please give me a shout everytime you post because I truly appreciate your posts and I will like to see you here until the end of the drama. We’re at peace, right? Can I give you a virtual hug? Handshake?

Last, if you want to see how kdrama world works let me recommend you to watch once you end CM “The King of Dramas” aka “Lord of Dramas”, it’s an awesome little drama, with great acting and if you think they exaggerate what’s happening behind the scenes, let me tell you there’s so much worse If you read the news behind the drama productions.

@pixelsticks @zi4r you are my knights in shining armor (or must I say ladies). Thank you so much for your kind words, I love you both!i don’t know why I wrote so much, as always you said it better than myself.

And @pixelsticks I must agree there are so many pictures of JG wearing EOD gear, and I’m so thankful for them. There are some BTS that didn´t make it to the episodes too, so I still hope they will be used in the future.

@zi4r OMG first your PC crashed and now a hurricane is coming! Please be sound and safe. I’m sure you and your family and friends will be fine (you must to!). BTW let turn off your brain and turn your hormones now and then, that scene would be great.  I would be swooning with you even if Sw won´t. and I want more bickering T&J too!  They promised us!

@haniiiii I’m so happy for you! So you get to see the car chasing filming scene.. and you actually appear in the drama! Lucky you!!!! And thank you so much for all your work translating post and pictures. You´re awesome. I’m a happy fan everytime I see something English translated!

Well it was a long post indeed!!! I must focus on work now.
See you soon!!!

4 hours ago, haniiiii said:

So technically I was in a drama with Lee Joon Gi, looool

But please don't hate me, everybody, okay? :D I had an incredible opportunity, but on the other hand, I am trying to make other JG fans happy too by translating posts, pictures etc. for Lee Joon-Gi 이준기 International Fan Club :D:D:D:wink: 

How can one hate over that?  I'd be shouting and posting it for all to see!!! Lookie me with Lee Joon Gi!!  But seriously, that is really exciting and a fun fact to tell your friends/children/future acquaintances.  You know there is a forum thread just for LJG, right?  

And :wub: for the translating that you do!  

Ok...Soompi is all kinds of weird again.   

@zi4r Your hormonal-cop-lights-flashing Idea?  :wub: it!  I do want to see more bickering.  I read somewhere (maybe Dramabeans comments) where people didn't like Hyun Joon because they thought he was too macho and mean.  I don't see that.  He checks on Sun Woo after being hit by car, keeps asking if she (or others) is/are OK at every possible moment, opens the door for her, listens to her instead of interrupting her. Let SW or NaHwang or Lee Han get on your nerves HJ...not just KKH.  

@antoniaclamens I knew you were being fun!  And now I am off to see your new screencaps. 

@LyraYoo I was wondering where @oyashirazu was.  I miss her detailed maps and explanations.  Damn Real Life! 

And 

Spoiler

Happy Birthday @dforte  Image result for happy birthday gif

On 29/7/2017 at 8:37 PM, dforte said:

And I really should explore more korean dramas. Any suggestions? No romance please. XD

First of all welcome in this "madhouse" :ph34r::ph34r::D

Spoiler

Don't know if someone else suggested this drama too, but in addition to all those that have already suggested to you, I would like to add also "Circle". It's a really short drama (only 12 episodes), but I think you will like it, since it's quite as a genere and practically without romance :) :). But please: if you decide to see it (after CM of course... there is no need to put any othe meat on fire :D:D:D ), don't stop the vision at the first episode, go on... I'm pretty sure you will like it :)

Archived