[Drama 2017] Circle 써클

larus

Though Circle is not my current fav, I'm  doing a marathon of this. I'll start again from ep 1 up to the recent ep 6 to fully understand. (think Hollywood movie Inception, most moviegoers watched twice to understand). When I watched eps 1-2 when it premiered, I got a confused. I had several theories who is the chairman but  I wanna validate my theories just to check.  If I'm right. So about to marathon in a jiffy.

@bebebisous33  @liddi  @larus  @MiAmour  to others thank for updating and sharing your thoughts and theories. I like to read drama viewers (soompiers thoughts because it's  scene per scene episode per episode character dissecting analysis   I actually don't read reviews (of db, etc)  and only scan comments for insights. But I usually check db for kdrama casting news. :D

YJG and KKW <3<3<3

OT:  btw, hoping KKW be part of Bad Guys 2. Been wanting to say that  :tongue:

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Circle: Episode 6

by festerfaster

Circle06-00052.jpg

Memories are at the crux of this drama, both in a literal and figurative sense, and especially so for a couple of key characters this episode. For Jung-yeon, it’s a source of identity crisis and a question of whom to trust, while in 2037, it’s an unwanted burden that pushes Ho-soo to the edge in his desperation to be rid of them. But at what cost? Is someone’s right to remember more important than someone else’s right to forget?

Read more http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/06/circle-episode-6/

I was backreading this forum/thread and found a translation of YJG/WJ's character poster. It says:" it does not matter whether you are an alien or not. Just forget and live." (NV)

I wonder if this is included in the script in the next episode/s... :huh: It maybe a hint that he's related to any/everything that is in Smart Earth. 

Ep 7

Part 1

Poor woo jin know qbout how dad.

I think dad and han is chairman

Spoiler

If thiw happy ending that woo jin will be. Hy and guem bum will be park min jo 

Han the want hurt the boys but he will do 3everything in his power to get the research they will not get old 

Part 2 

The only part 2 that lee soo hoo is fanaly on the wide kjh aka kgb. Always said that memories are important. I do believe so.  

On 6/10/2017 at 6:16 AM, larus said:

Circle: Episode 6

by festerfaster

Memories are at the crux of this drama, both in a literal and figurative sense, and especially so for a couple of key characters this episode. For Jung-yeon, it’s a source of identity crisis and a question of whom to trust, while in 2037, it’s an unwanted burden that pushes Ho-soo to the edge in his desperation to be rid of them. But at what cost? Is someone’s right to remember more important than someone else’s right to forget?

Read more http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/06/circle-episode-6/

I agree that memories are the crux of this drama. However, for me I'm more fascinated by the fact an alien is in their mist. No one seems concern that a being from another planet is among them. They are more concerned that memories can be wiped clean. I'm sorry, but of the two things presented in this drama, alien from another planet would be my top priority.

Me at the end of every episode of Circle: WHAT THE richard simmons IS GOING ON SHOW!?!?!?!?!???? WHAT THE richard simmons?!?!?!?!?!!!! ALSO GIVE YOUR FEMALE CHARACTERS SOMETHING TO DO!!!

Byul/Jung Yeon got a lot to do so bless you for that. But 2037 Min Young is pretty useless and under utilized. I need to see her in the thick of things doing something like her 2017 counter part. My gods kdrama writers (writers in general) learn to write female characters and give them something to do/an identity of their own completely free of their male counter parts. Let your female characters be more than other the male leads pinning after/love interest/dead motivator. Even Byul/Jung Yeon is this for Woo Jin. As ecstatic as I am that she is not the motivator of his possibly being the chairman and human b (still don't think he is) and that his love for his brother and need to find him/protect him is the driving force, y'all came one step too close to that with "he wanted me to forget Byul and live as.."

Speaking of, why did Woo Jin want Byul/Jung Yeon to forget her formative earth years and only remember college years? Is Woo Jin aware of the things Byul decoded/solved on dad's computer which basically invented human b? All this has me further believing dad is the chairman. Maybe professor further snapped, found dad and used the whole erase portion memory on him to have dad forget the years of his quitting the experiments and have him start up where he thought he had left off aka pull an alien Byul you're human and my daughter Jung Yeon on dad. Also is it possible that dad erased grandma's memories as he did with Byul's when he gave her the data necklace? Again all this has me believing dad is chairman. All his many selfish actions (erasing Byul's memories to protect/prevent the data from leaking to professor Hans seemingly dangerous mad scientist hands) shows he's more than willing to (and has) erase people's memories, ala Human B, so long as he thinks it's for their own good/he can justify it with or without their consent to do so. Exactly what he did to Byul without consent and Human B now does to the citizens of Smart Earth for "their own good" and to "protect then". He's Big Brother of 1984.

Last but not least, am I the only one who feels disappointed by the major lack of aliens? The synopsis  promised it in a big way "2037, after an alien invasion, aliens now control earth" and so far we got one alien (or maybe alien) in Byul, haven't seen or heard nada about more or others in either time line, and one alien does not an invasion make. The whole aliens aspect has been pretty lackluster and practically nonexistent in this drama. It looks more and more like humans are and have been behind practically everything (unless these be body snatching aliens in human disguises) and honestly this drama is starting to feel more and more like regular old who done it OCN crime procedural than the alien invasion sci-fi I was promised. I'm even starting to question if Byul is really an alien? Or just some nonaging result of Kim & Hans experiments. Professor Han doesn't talk about her like some genius alien that holds or held the key to his experiments. He talks like she's some woman papa Kim picked up off the side the road. Does he not know she's an alien (all these years together how could he not?) or is he just not letting it on that he knows she's an alien? Basically, I want me the aliens (plural not singular) that I was told I'd be getting. Show, you got 5 more episodes to wow me and dive into aliens (if they do exist how come none of your characters seem to give a watch my mouth in both time lines. I mean aliens, it's a huge deal, why isn't it being treated as such in 2037. Show me!). Give me the aliens! I want the aliens! Show! Me! The Alieeeeeeeens!!! (and yes this is a Jerry Maguire reference). 

Just wondering .. the act of Prof Han stompping on WJ's fon... and 2037 we saw few times pictures of 2017 twins. Could it be to throw us into believing owner of 2037 'fon' is WJ?

Could it be Prof Park with the fon? He appeared rather "excited" when he knew JH is 2017 BG kept askg if JH really Prof Han's son? This man remains suspicious to me, very sneaky :( ... Prof Han mentioned tht after meeting him WJ insisted and was on his way to meet Prof Park???

.... 2017 Prof Park confronted Prof Han about his blue bug incomplete "invention" being hijacked by Prof Han.. could he be the man who built Smart Earth (erasing memories) but his program is still not as perfect as Prof Han's (we still see headache spells and blood oozing fm noses). :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Katrina Abdul Talib said:

Just wondering .. the act of Prof Han stompping on WJ's fon... and 2037 we saw few times pictures of 2017 twins. Could it be to throw us into believing owner of 2037 'fon' is WJ?

Could it be Prof Park with the fon? He appeared rather "excited" when he knew JH is 2017 BG kept askg if JH really Prof Han's son? This man remains suspicious to me, very sneaky :( ... Prof Han mentioned tht after meeting him WJ insisted and was on his way to meet Prof Park???

.... 2017 Prof Park confronted Prof Han about his blue bug incomplete "invention" being hijacked by Prof Han.. could he be the man who built Smart Earth (erasing memories) but his program is still not as perfect as Prof Han's (we still see headache spells and blood oozing fm noses). :rolleyes:

It wasn't BG's phone but WJ's external harddrive where he put the files from Prof Han's laptop. 

:)

After last night's episode, I'm still not convinced that WJ may be the Chairman. It has gotten more confusing to me. While watching, I was thinking they were giving too much info for a single episode. (Or it is probably just me since last night's episode was an hour long) But I ended up still not getting anything. lol

I'm glad they tackled Min Ji's story although I still don't understand why she has to record herself every time. Haha. HS's back story was also dealt with satisfactorily for me. Although it felt a bit out of place that it would be something that would drive JH to meet with the Chairman or convince him that Human B is still our bad guy.

I think they used this episode to clear the side stories in the drama to be able to move forward into focusing on our main characters. They already hinted on Byul putting something onto Dad Kim's computer. So I hope they focus on her being an alien. Or probably they don't find it bizarre anymore (being a scifi drama haha) that they are living with an alien. BUT ACK! We only got 2 more weeks to tackle a lot of things.

Archived