[Drama 2017] Circle 써클

larus

“Circle” PD Comments On A Possible Second Season For The Drama

Circle1.jpg

When tvN’s “Circle” aired its last episode on June 27, the unexpected and different ending left a lot of viewers wondering whether there will be a second season.

In regards to this, “Circle” producer Min Jin Ki said in an interview on June 28, “It’s an open ending. Depending on the imagination of the viewers, they could interpret the ending in different ways. There were a lot of stories that we weren’t able to fit into just 12 episodes, and the ending reflects that. However, a second season is not something that is being considered at this stage.”

The viewership ratings for the drama hovered around 2 percent and 3 percent ratings. While it might have been a bit lower than what was expected, there is no question that it rewrote the history of sci-fi K-dramas.

Min Jin Ki said, “I’m honored to have started a Korean sci-fi genre, which isn’t easy. With this trial and error as background, next time we’ll make a drama that’s more advanced than this one. I’d like to thank the viewers who gave the drama lots of love.”

He added his own thoughts as well, saying, “I think it made the viewers empathize by asking questions such as whether bad memories must be remembered as well. I’m happy just to be able to put out a message to society through this work that people have the opportunity to think about.”

https://www.soompi.com/2017/06/29/circle-pd-comments-possible-second-season-drama/

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Circle: Episode 12 (Final)

by festerfaster

circle12-66781.jpg

The two worlds have collided, and the disparate timelines have merged. Now, all that remains is for our heroes to find a way to defeat the all-powerful Human B and escape Smart Earth with their lives and memories intact. Tall order? Maybe. But this group of loyal, stubborn friends have stuck to their guns through years of loneliness and oppression. Now that they’re together, nothing will stop them from giving the evil corporation running Smart Earth a run for their money.

FINAL EPISODE RECAP

Running from Professor Park and his goons, Woo-jin comes out of the woods and stumbles straight into the path of an oncoming car. It hits him at high speed, and he goes hurtling through the air before falling hard on the asphalt. As blood pools under his head, he reaches toward the broken star as he thinks of his brother and Jung-yeon. The alien cube that powered the device dims as the life ebbs out of Woo-jin.

Sometime later, Woo-jin lies in a coma in a hospital room, the cube in a glass box on the side table. Professor Park stares at his unmoving body, while Sunbae Lee sits by the door with his head clasped in his hands. The surgeon who operated on Bum-gyun and Min-young arrives and tells the professor that it’s uncertain whether either will wake up any time soon, or if they will even retain their memories.

Spoiler

circle12-04166.jpg

Min-young wakes up though, and the first person she asks about is Bum-gyun. Chief Hong takes her to the boy and tells her that they don’t know when or if he will ever wake up. Leaving her by Bum-gyun’s side, Chief Hong emerges from the room and receives an email from Woo-jin. In it, Woo-jin tells Chief Hong to give Bum-gyun the memory footage stored in a hard drive, in case he doesn’t regain his own. Chief Hong finds the external hard drive in Woo-jin’s backpack and tries to call Woo-jin, only to hear his voicemail. Just then, Chief Hong gets a call from his superior telling him that he’s been transferred to the Cyber Crimes Unit.

Min-young runs out of the hospital room and says that she also just received a pre-scheduled email from Woo-jin that told her he wouldn’t be able to return. “I feel like something bad happened to Woo-jin,” Chief Hong concludes worriedly. Jung-yeon gets to a safe place and plugs in her phone to her laptop. Going through the images on her phone, she comes across the one she and Woo-jin had laughed over. Remembering how she’d told him to smile more, Jung-yeon tears up in the present.

Suddenly, an email notification pops up, and Jung-yeon gets her own pre-scheduled email from Woo-jin. In it is another video of Woo-jin, but this time, he says that if he isn’t back by now, then his plan must have failed. He tells her to hide and never look for him.

Spoiler

circle12-08471.jpg circle12-08506.jpg

Even as Jung-yeon shakes her head, Woo-jin says he knows that it would go against the grain for her. But he adds that if she doesn’t protect herself, then she would be wasting his sacrifice as well as Byul’s.

As tears stream down Jung-yeon’s face, Video Woo-jin tells her that he’ll definitely come back to her and Bum-gyun — it’ll just take him a little longer than he’d expected. “Wait just a little bit longer,” Woo-jin says, adding a small, reassuring smile.

We return to 2037, and to the scene that ended the last episode as Woo-jin remembers what he’d said to Bum-gyun back in the hospital room: “Hyung, I’m scared. I’ll.. be back.”

Circle12-00382-2.jpg Circle12-00386-2.jpg

With tears streaming down his face, Joon-hyuk asks if Woo-jin was leaving to meet Professor Park when he said those words to him. “Were you going to trade my surgery for dad’s research? Is that what you were scared of?” Joon-hyuk asks.

Sobbing with grief, Joon-hyuk apologizes for letting Woo-jin go alone and pulls his little brother into a hug. While Woo-jin resists at first, still believing himself to be a clone, his face crumples up as he hugs Joon-hyuk back.

Read more: http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/06/circle-episode-12-final/

Kim Kang Woo Talks About Shooting “Circle” And If He Would Appear In A Potential Second Season

kim-kang-woo-3.jpg

In an interview held on June 30, Kim Kang Woo talked about his experience shooting tvN’s sci-fi fantasy drama “Circle,” and the possibility of him appearing in a second season.

“Circle,” which came to an end recently, tested out an original “double-track” format that consisted of two stories from two different time zones. It generated positive response for its well-woven plot that made viewers guess the truth by piecing the stories together.

Kim Kang Woo showed his respect for the writers, saying, “The writers were extremely good at writing. I was fascinated by the characters and story ever since reading the synopsis. I wondered, ‘How will they create this?’ And honestly I was quite concerned as a person who knows the shooting process.”

But Kim Kang Woo says Min Jin Ki was a clever director. He explained, “The important scenes can be overlooked if insignificant scenes are filmed, but [the director] only shot necessary parts. I think the result was great because we laid out the clues meticulously and had a clear goal. I was able to shoot very comfortably.”

“Circle” ended on a high note, leaving many people hoping for a second season.

“Frankly, [the second season] is only possible if they cast me again,” Kim Kang Woo said jokingly, and added, “If director Min Jin Ki asks me to join him again, then there’s no reason not to. I would be thankful.”

more https://www.soompi.com/2017/07/01/kim-kang-woo-talks-shooting-circle-will-appear-potential-second-season/

Gong Seung Yeon Praises “Circle” Co-Star Yeo Jin Goo For His Acting Talents

gong-seung-yeon-yeo-jin-goo.jpg

Gong Seung Yeon shared how she was in awe of the talent of former “Circle” co-star Yeo Jin Goo.

During the ending press interview for tvN’s “Circle” held on June 30, Gong Seung Yeon shared her thoughts on working with Yeo Jin Goo.

Gong Seung Yeon explained, “I thought that [his acting] carried depth, since he has a lot of experience despite being so young.” She also confessed, “I learned a lot from watching someone so young express such sophisticated emotions.”

She went on to say that she only had good things to say about Yeo Jin Goo, and stated, “When I act with Jin Goo, I get immersed [in acting]. There were some scenes that I was worried about shooting, but I realized why Jin Goo is nicknamed ‘Jin Goo oppa.'” She added, “Since Yeo Jin Goo is now a grownup, I think romantic genres will suit him too.”

https://www.soompi.com/2017/07/01/gong-seung-yeon-praises-circle-co-star-yeo-jin-goo-acting-talents/?utm_source=recommended-articles&utm_medium=RIT2&utm_campaign=recommendations

• 2 weeks later...

I fear Circle will end up as many of the marvellous cable dramas this year without the score released, like Voice and Tunnel recently. :( It had faboulus themes that fit perfectly with the amazing storyline. I enjoyed every moment of the series, and I think it's a rare gem among Korean dramas. 

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Wow... this is really good. It's genuinely intriguing and reminds me a little of Equilibrium, a little bit of Serenity and a bit of Johnny Mnemonic. I had been meaning to get to it and now I can!

Three episodes in... I doubt that aliens even factor into this. I'm almost certain it's about human experimentation and cloning etc.

On 7/3/2018 at 4:40 PM, 40somethingahjumma said:

Wow... this is really good. It's genuinely intriguing and reminds me a little of Equilibrium, a little bit of Serenity and a bit of Johnny Mnemonic. I had been meaning to get to it and now I can!

Three episodes in... I doubt that aliens even factor into this. I'm almost certain it's about human experimentation and cloning etc.

Hellooooo. I started watching this sometime last month. I’m at eps 6. I think you are right about the cloning bit. I really like how they split the eps into two. And I’m trying to guess which of the two brothers is actually Kim Kang Woo  :lol:

7 hours ago, triplem said:

Hellooooo. I started watching this sometime last month. I’m at eps 6. I think you are right about the cloning bit. I really like how they split the eps into two. And I’m trying to guess which of the two brothers is actually Kim Kang Woo  :lol:

I marathoned it pretty much in a couple of days because it was edge of the seat stuff although I wish I had followed it while it was airing. 12 episodes was a good number. Some K dramas need to be that short... I wish more of them were to be honest. ;) But I was gobsmacked that such a well-crafted science fiction story could come out of SK. 

Yes, the identity of KKW's character was a bit of a guessing game for a few episodes. Of course the Rubik's cube angle threw me for a loop when we found out that both brothers were actually really good with it. Even when we were told who he was, I still had my suspicions. :lol:

Although I liked the entire series a lot... one of the better K dramas I've seen definitely... I was actually a little more interested in the 2037 arc. Not because of the actors but just because I wanted to know what had happened to the brothers and how Smart City came to be.

Yeo Jin Goo has grown up to be quite a good-looking young man. He's always been a very talented actor even as a teenager. 

Archived