[Drama 2017] Circle 써클

larus

Ep 9 and 10 are crazy good! The tense is so high in Part.2. Now I thinking how this drama end. Is they still working on Human B (with new name Human C?). The black girl of Human B said that they can save her younger sister.
I hope ep 11 and 12 more tense with crazy ending I can't imaging.
But what are they doing, no preview for part.2 ? Why? Don't tell me that ep 11 only inclued part 1. Part.1 is boring sometime.

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, MiAmour said:

P/S: Im somewhat worried if anything bad happen to hosoo :unsure:

yes, me too! Forget to add this that after episode 10 I feel like; he will be fine, right? They don’t need him to sacrifice himself to help Byul and the twin, right?:unsure:

2 hours ago, quockhanh45 said:

But what are they doing, no preview for part.2 ? Why?

cause the cliffhanger (Woo-jin mysterious presence) too can't be revealed, what's happen next in 2037 depends on that moment(?) XDD

just a shallow saying: think that I must really prepare a hard bittersweet-ending for the twin-brothers of Circle. All the hope I think now it’s on Byul/Han Jung-yeon’s hands–maybe at the end they must go to ‘another’ world or do something that will make the world in normal state again after the technology chaos (that’s how it would be sweet) but it leads them to a tragic end (bitter). Kinda can’t believe that just two episodes left and they still let big question unanswered to me like ‘why Byul came to earth? Did she send by 'another' world in Beta project purpose or?’ something like that--is that the main card of the show to be revealed at the end?

2 hours ago, quockhanh45 said:

my total hope. Ahahaha 

Circle: Episode 9

by tineybeanie

circle09-00156.jpg

Just when you think Circle is out of surprises, it finds ways to shock us with new revelations in both timelines as the gap between past and present continues to close inch by inch. While both timelines yield reunions this episode, all is not as it seems—and as the sinister Human B project begins to take more shape in the present, even Woo-jin can’t help but acknowledge the implications that the technology could have. The question is whether it should.

EPISODE 9 RECAP

Little Woo-jin is hard at work creating a chalk drawing of a female face on the ground. He draws and erases, then he draws and erases again, and finally he throws down his chalk, seeming unsatisfied with his work.

When Byul approaches and asks him what’s wrong, a now-crying Little Woo-jin replies that he’s trying to draw his mother, but he can’t seem to remember her anymore. Byul asks if he would like to see his mother again, and he nods before returning to his crude drawing.

Part 1: Beta Project

Woo-jin finds Bum-gyun unconscious on the floor, and thinking that he’s dead, he frantically tries to shake him awake, calling him again and again. Bum-gyun stirs and mumbles “Woo-jin, I’m sorry,” which causes Woo-jin’s eyes to widen in shock and he starts apologizing to his brother in return.

Unbeknownst to the reunited brothers, a blinking star stuck on the ceiling activates some sort of electronic system on Kim Kyu-chul’s computer.

Spoiler

circle09-00062a-1.jpg

Min-young, Chief Hong, and Professor Park enter the room to find the twins soon afterward. Min-young and Chief Hong rush to the brothers in order to transport Bum-gyun to the hospital immediately.

But Professor Park notices the star on the ceiling and finds it suspicious, and when he sees the computer that’s suddenly turned on by itself with “Access Permit” flashing across its monitor, his curiosity is ignited.

Min-young says that they should go to Min Medical Center, which is her father’s hospital, and so she and Chief Hong begin to carry Bum-gyun outside to the car. The injured Woo-jin is the last to follow, and as he leaves the room, Professor Park notices the monitor flash the word “Disconnect” before shutting off.

On the way to the hospital, Professor Park keeps pondering the meaning of the blinking star and the self-activating computer. Woo-jin tells the group that Detective Choi is on Professor Han’s side, which leads Chief Hong to shout the order to search for both Detective Choi and Professor Han into his police radio.

Spoiler

circle09-00001.jpg

As soon as they arrive at the hospital, Min-young tells her dad that Bum-gyun needs surgery immediately to take out a blue bug in his brain, and he’s rushed to the operating room. Outside, Min-young reassures Woo-jin that Bum-gyun is in good hands, while he tries to tell her that she should get checked out as well (since she also has a blue bug in her head).

Min-young insists that she knows her own condition best since she’s been monitoring it, adding that the location of the bug isn’t life-threatening since she hasn’t experienced any of the traditional headache-nosebleed symptoms yet.

Woo-jin still looks like he wants her to get treated, but she puts an end to the conversation by telling him that they need to get her father to fully concentrate on operating on Bum-gyun before treating her, because whatever saves him could eventually help her. She then enters the OR, leaving Woo-jin, Professor Park, and Chief Hong outside.

Spoiler

circle09-14691.jpg circle09-14561.jpg

Woo-jin thanks Professor Park for giving him the tip about Bum-gyun’s location, and Professor Park apologizes for not recognizing him sooner as Kim Kyu-chul’s son. He goes on to explain the history between him, Kyu-chul, and Professor Han, adding that they all did research together in their college days.

Taking Woo-jin’s hands, Professor Park tells him just how sorry he is as he claims that had he known, he would have put a stop to Professor Han’s terrible experiments. “I really had no idea,” he lies.

Chief Hong asks some questions about how and what Professor Park knew about Bum-gyun’s holding location, and Park is able to deflect and make the guilty party (Professor Han) look even guiltier. Speaking of whom, Professor Han is on the run, and he orders someone on the phone to clear out all his experimental data.

Spoiler

circle09-00129.jpg

We find Jung-yeon in a room in the hospital that her father locked her up in, without a way out. But being the resourceful girl she is, as soon as she hears footsteps, she finds a toothbrush and breaks it in half to create a serviceable weapon.

Professor Han enters the room and orders her to come along, but as soon he turns his back to her, she takes a breath, ready to use her makeshift weapon on him. Her plans are interrupted when she’s suddenly faced by a burly and threatening orderly and she’s forced to follow Professor Han.

Once they’re in a car driving, she asks where they’re going, but he just gives vague answers, claiming that he only wants to keep her safe. Taking a chance with her life, she jumps out the car and rolls onto the road.

circle09-00209.jpg circle09-00211.jpg

Alarmed, Professor Han slams on his brakes and gets out to see if she’s all right. She stands up, a cut bleeding from her forehead, and points the sharp-edged toothbrush at him. Confronted with a weapon, he puts his hands up and tries to calm her down, but Jung-yeon isn’t having it, even as she pleads with him to stop.

Read more: http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/06/circle-episode-9/

11 hours ago, quockhanh45 said:

Ep 9 and 10 are crazy good! The tense is so high in Part.2. Now I thinking how this drama end. Is they still working on Human B (with new name Human C?). The black girl of Human B said that they can save her younger sister.
But what are they doing, no preview for part.2 ? Why? Don't tell me that ep 11 only inclued part 1. Part.1 is boring sometime.

That woman told Human B can save her sister because Professor Han is planning to create cone human (In EP10). That why her sister can get a new eyes.

Wow! This is seriously good with seriously good acting!!!! I have finally get used to the to-and-fro past and future and looking forward to the latest development!!! I am seriously SHOCKED by the expression of JY and BG at the last few seconds... I cannot imagine those BA*#$&@, how they will tap into WJ's brain for the super computer system! Hopefully it is not too extreme. The image of Mr Freeze by Anold Schwarzenegger cames to my mind immediately! Hopefully, this don't happen!!!! Luckily today is Friday, another few more days to Mon/Tues!! Cant wait to see the latest development!!!! THUMBS UP!!!!

And my theory why everything freeze.... cos JY is the alien who create the Star. For the system to works, we need WJ and the Star. So I think somehow she is being 'protected' by the Star in the system. And of course... the connection between herself and WJ... so I am not surprise when the lights and system turn down at the last few seconds before they intend to insert the chip on her. 

3 hours ago, waterfah26 said:

That woman told Human B can save her sister because Professor Han is planning to create cone human (In EP10). That why her sister can get a new eyes.

WoW. So I watched wrong subtiles. That's explain a lot of things.

@waterfah26 @quockhanh45 And this makes me think of the movie "The Island", where clones were created for harvesting organs. In the end, the clones were killed for organ transplants. Ethically and morally wrong. I do believe that once the bill is passed, they can officially create WJ's clones and get rid of him, since the supercomputer is linked to WJ and his memories. 

I fanaly watch last two episodei think that park want to pass the bill to clone woo jin. But woo jin is not dead. They need him for the supercomputer maybe he did forget but i think he and his brother knnow each other alive. It curious that they didnt shpw any preview of part 2 for ep 11 only part 1

Circle: Episode 10

by festerfaster

Circle10-00417.jpg

I’m always blown away by the pace of this show — there’s barely any lag, and answers come almost as quickly as you can think of the questions. It’s a rare show that both outsmarts its viewers and respects their intelligence. And while we work our brains to keep up with the show, Circle repeatedly brings us back to the heart of its conceit: Who are we without our memories

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/06/circle-episode-10/

Circle ', the production team selected the best 5 exhilarating scenery that makes the final chapters look exciting.

2017062408322120313-540x338.jpg

You can not throw a scene! Every moment is great!

Kim Woo-jin (Kim Jung-gu) and Kim Bum-gyun (An Yeon-yeon and Kim Jun-hyuk) were one of the important sentiments linking 'Circle' with 'Part 1: Beta Project' and 'Part 2: Wonderful New World'. All the scenes are so beautiful and so delicate that the scenes are so deep and emotional. In the middle of it, Kim Woo-jin, who missed his brother Kim Bum-gyun and regretted his misery, threw his whole body up to save Kim Bum-gyun, who was trapped in an old house. The lively eyes that were never backed up, but they could not keep their eye open, gave a sense of immersion, and the act of Yeo Jin Goo pouring tears after discovering Kim Bum-gyun was praised.

◆ Double track excitement! Kim Gang-woo "I came to you, Woo Jin" Twenty years and beyond
 Kim Jun-hyuk's identity was revealed, there was a gap between viewers about whether he was Kim U-Jin or Kim Bum-gyun. I could not be sure of it easily, so I increased my concentration. Kim Jun-hyuk went to the places of memories according to the instructions of Bluebird Jeong Yeon-yeon (Gong Seung Yeon) and saw the welcome of Kim Woo-jin there. 
Kim Kang-woo's delicate tears have completed his heart-pleasing scenes.

Lee Ho-soo convincingly conveyed 'Memory', a key theme of 'Circle', through the character, and gave a big resonance"Memory is a responsibility".

◆The twist, "Hello. Human B President Park, Dong-Gun "
The act of Han Sang-jin, who turned into a mean and cold smile, raised dramatic tension.

◆ "Humanity, the world is going to be a wonderful new world." The heavy topic of 'circle'
The 'wonderful New World', which is also the subtitle of 'Part 2', comes from the novel by Huxley. Highly developed science dominates society and borrows a dystopian worldview that is controlled by freedom even though it is not unhappy. Professor Han Yong-woo talks directly. In the end, the Han Yong Woo threatens Kim Woo-jin, who has endured the illegal clinical experiment by sticking to the technique of interpreting the brain and imaging the memory I will become a new world. " It was Han Yong-woo, but it was different from the wicked people who often think. Stronger and more evil than technology was caught and gradually lost himself. The madness that lost control brought fear and inspired compassion. The dream of Han Yong-woo, who is living in a wonderful or new hell, dreaming of a "wonderful new world," was a spectacle that asked the audience a big question by itself.

(Google translate)

http://tenasia.hankyung.com/archives/1240323

Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching

by DB Staff

javabeans

• Circle: I love how each character’s desperation and yearning grows deeper the closer we get to uncovering the truth, and that it brings together people who might otherwise never see eye to eye, like Joon-hyuk and Ho-soo. When Ho-soo became the voice urging them to press on, and asked to return his memories if his sacrifice resulted in their erasure, it was such a lovely thematic way to come full circle (ahem) with his character. As for that cliffhanger, I’m dyyyying to find out if they finally find Woo-jin, but also a little scared on behalf of his loved ones what revelations that might yield.

girlfriday

• Circle: I’ve been preparing myself for the possibility that the brothers will never reunite in the future timeline, but now that we’re closing in on the final week and everything has been building towards this moment, I can’t contain my expectations anymore and will be so disappointed if I don’t get an epic reunion. I’m scared! What if it isn’t awesome?

HeadsNo2

• Circle: Bravo to the show for perfectly executing the moment where Woo-jin saw the direct effects of the memory-altering technology. That look he gave Bum-gyun when Bum-gyun was at his purest and most joyful encapsulated every conflict the show has presented so far with its moral gray areas, enough for me to wonder if the technology would be so bad if people had the free will only to use it on themselves. Is it an all-or-nothing scenario, or can there be a middle ground? (And am I a terrible person for asking that?)

tipsymocha

• Circle: Man, this show sure knows how to do cliffhangers, and I can’t tell whether I love it or hate it. I knew the hour was coming up on Tuesday’s episode and I was willing for it to just go on a couple more seconds to reveal maybe-maybe-not future Woo-jin (it’d better be him, Show). It’s a strong lead into finale week, and I look forward to the bad guys getting their comeuppance and our twins reuniting (hopefully, please, I beg you), though I am torn that we only get two more episodes.

cr:http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/06/team-dramabeans-what-were-watching-57/

14 hours ago, bbsjk said:

Ohhh. So it was Circle 8? Subs from where I watched said Circulate. Lol. 

What does 8 mean?

People are saying 8 might mean "8th clone" of woojin :( I really don't want a woojin clone I want original woojin though but I do think original woojin is dead (yes professor han has gone mad but him saying that he died definitely and according to scientific logics as well, I really don't think it was a wrong statement) it is possible that woojin died somehow and professor park succeed in creating a clone of woojin, just how good is professor parks' luck :unsure: also they won't be calling a living person "circle 8" :/ 

I keep seeing different transcriptions for that word. Correct me if I'm wrong please, but from my understanding since it's an english word spoken with korean pronounciation you can only guess the real word right? I have see circulate, circulator, circle radar (?) and now circle8. Tbh the first 2 make more sense to me, circulate/circulator would mean the central element to keep something working, in which case WJ would obviously be the element that keeps up Human B's "circulation".

Hi All ~ (mostly a reader on the board, but pop in once in a while) ...have enjoyed reading all your comments and speculations.

I just caught up on the last 2 episodes and the translation I watched had Minister McNose-Flare saying, "Go check on Circulate". (meaning WooJin, supposedly)

After reading here...Circle 8 or Circulate both make sense to me.

Circulate means: move or cause to move continuously or freely through a closed system or area.
and 
Circle 8 reminds me of a Moibus strip. Which is also sometimes called an Infinity Loop. (and you may notice, it looks like an 8 )

VzTOdOU.jpg

All of the following is complete speculation on my behalf:

1) I think the Human B corporate thug that captured (then) Professor Park Dong-Gun had something to do with Byul starting from the time she escaped/appeared (episode 1) There's not a lot of time left to reveal back-story, so we may never know 'how & why' Byul arrived. She may have been a hybrid experiment or an actual alien, since she drew the star system map in an early episode. I honestly don't see how all the loose ends will be tied up in just two more episodes/hours. (**shout out to the very handsome Jung Suk-Won as Human B corporate thug <3)

2) I don't think
smirky Dong-Gun is waiting for the clone law to pass to begin actual cloning. I think WooJin, as he exists in the 2037 timeline...is a clone.(not the 8th version though) I have no specific evidence to point to that, but I believe that each time a clone is made from a clone, it degrades the DNA. Like making a Xerox copy of the same page over and over. So I prefer to think it's WooJin 2.0

3) Why do the Smart Earth corporate people all wear some kind of bellboy uniform? It makes me laugh every time. I'm waiting for one of them to say, "May I take your bags to your room?"  haha!

4) I'll be pleased to see the crusty Detective Hong Jin-Hong finally solve his cold case and yes, it would be nice if everyone got a 'closing romance' but I'm enjoying the storyline without it, so it's all good.

Cheers ~ see you after the last episodes ~ Sally :)

No I don't want WJ dead! Its too sad for his twin and Byul.. infact they need him and Byul to turn everythg back to NORMALCY..

That dragging heavy footsteps we heard coming down the stairs.. sounds like a cyborg walking but I hope its WJ in a "semi conscious" state making his escape.

Both exclaimed and called out WJ's name. But the surprised (horror) expressions on both, Byul with tears running down her cheeks.. am just imagining maybe WJ's all wired up with metal caps or whatnot?

I like the idea of WJ being maimed/disabled /half machine half person, however whatever they did to him they must have done in 2017, that makes the option and also the clone option very improbable since he seemed alright and normally aged in 2022. Looking forward to seeing the puzzle finally solved!

I'm so scareeeed for this week finale hahaha but I'll just take it. And oooh the Circulate is Circle8? I watch with the Circulate subbed one T-T also I really like Min-young so clever and caring, hope to see her closure with Beom-gyun in 2037...

Love this show so much.

Archived