[Drama 2017] Circle 써클

larus

9 hours ago, rittoo said:

@enigmatic_zephy sorry if this is somewhat off topic, but I have my own rather clear theories about much of the human psyche and believe them (since they are my theories lol) to be true.

A character is defined by internal and external factors. Different ppl who experience the exact same things react differently. But it's also the things that we experience that define us, which is why every person is so different (born different then different experiences every second of our lives). 

I believe that memory does define you in the way that if (!) you could ever wipe the entire memory of a person clean without causing damage to his brain, then he would have been reset to the way he was as a newborn babe. Which means that you can impregnate his character entirely anew. Of course he will still react to things differently than others because of the way he was born, but most of the things he used to think and do would change, except if you impregnate him with the exact or very similar experiences as before.

==========

Edit:

Being unable to wait I've now watched ep 10 in raw. Sadly I barely understand korean and the guessing sometimes works and sometimes doesn't XDD

At one point (and it doubtlessly is to blame on the unhealthy amount of japanese manga I've read as a teenager) I thought that WJ might be connected to the supercomputer as some kind of part machine, part human monstrosity with barely any awareness or humanity left, but still able to shut down when he's really and truly had enough of prof. Park's richard simmons lol to protect hyung and pyol.

But I guess this is not a japanese manga and WJ is still alive and kicking? Why then I wonder would he have stayed to help Park all these years? And would Park not have tried to imprison him at least in case he decides to change his mind? Please don't tell me that this huge cliffhanger is just a red herring and the question to "are you Woo-Jin?" would be "no sorry just passing by", that would just be stupid.

For some reason I liked today's episode a lot, and suddenly YJG looks handsome again lol, I could make a screenshot of every moment he appeared.

In the preview I thought for a moment that when WJ really thinks of killing sbd, that person would just die. But it's not like he had any supernatural abilities...

Sure everyone has their theories n while i understand dat textbooks do consider amalgamation of factors.. my basic contradiction lies wid d definition of who we are.. n u n i have d very basic assumption on different platfotms...

Just finishd watching ep 10 .. i am sure he is doing to keep his hyung safe..like dont touch him n i will let u run supercomp..but wont give u full powee too.. 

They need byul else wat if wj dies

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMGoodness... ep 10 left us all excited, yesssss? WJ. Ep 10 was intense throughout.

I wonder wht Park did to WJ?.... those heavy footsteps coming down the stairs.. just hope they did not turn him into a "cyborg" :o 

If Park erased WJ's memories.. we still have hope as WJ kept his memories in a chip for BG (2017).

We hv 2 episodes left and am curious to know more of Byul's origin. Will they manage to unlock her memories :blink:

I keep pausing while watching because I can't help but tear up. :bawling:

- that scene at the park did not even need lines from WJ/JY/MY. With just BG talking sends so much emotions already. 

- I feel for Jung Yeon in this episode. She wants to stay as Jung Yeon but also conflicted if she has to go back as Byul to redeem her memories. 

- I get nervous whenever PDG wants to meet up with WJ knowing that he was the last person WJ saw in the 2017 timeline as per Jung Yeon 2037.

Can't believe it's ending next week. We can still have more with how the story is going. But better to leave it until 12 eps so as not to compromise the storytelling. :( 

4 hours ago, Katrina Abdul Talib said:

OMGoodness... ep 10 left us all excited, yesssss? WJ. Ep 10 was intense throughout.

I wonder wht Park did to WJ?.... those heavy footsteps coming down the stairs.. just hope they did not turn him into a "cyborg" :o 

If Park erased WJ's memories.. we still have hope as WJ kept his memories in a chip for BG (2017).

We hv 2 episodes left and am curious to know more of Byul's origin. Will they manage to unlock her memories :blink:

In my opinion, KWJ has been kept in a semi-coma so that Park DG could use the supercomputer developped by Buyl. Only in KWJ's presence, the access is permitted. However, I believe the supercomputer shut down because Buyl was about to get the chip card. As such, she was threatened and we all know dow much KWJ loves Buyl hence if she is attacked and he sees it, then I can imagine that he woke up. So we were finally able to discover KWJ's nickname "Circulate", implying that he is the one with power. He can get access to people's files and memories. Striking is that PArk DG has no memory card which proves to me that he is as crazy and ruthless as Prof Han. He has no problem to use people, but I can imagine that if Park had that chip card, KWJ would have seen what Park DG was doing and had been doing all this time.

I hope, Park DG and his minion Lee get punished for what they deserved. 

I didn't have much time last week so summing 7/8 episode so I only want to say- I know it that chairman is PDG!!:D I was suspicious after I saw him rescue BG in Smarth Earth, when BG was kidnap and they want to put the chip back to his neck. This action doesn't have sense at all for me. And how he talk with BG... I feel something dark in him. 

About last 2 episode- WOW! So great! HJY still not reacall memory even if she can. I can feel her feer about get a knowledge who she is. Without this memories she can pretend that she is human and life as Jungyeon. With all memories she become alien after all. And nothing will be the same.

And I think Woo Jin sacrifice himself for BG and HJY. Because PDG need him in person but even if he stay he will be alwasy try to escape, so there is possibly that they kept him in semi-coma or they somehow connect him with supercomputer and he become A.I or something like that? But what about last scene - if this is WJ how he escape? Why he don't escape before? Power of love or what? And BG/HJY faces in the end...

21 hours ago, rittoo said:

How could he have looked like 20 something then in 2022 (or was it?)? And would a clone who doesn't really know Pyol and BG shut down Human B to save them (her)? So I'm hoping that the original WJ is still alive.....

That`s exactly what I just thinking. With the discusion about clone in episode 9, I was worried that they made another Woo Jin, so I can`t wait to see the next episode to see who is appearing on screen. I want the original Woo jin alive too.

What a sad destiny had Woo jin. To be used for 20 years like that, it is cruel. I also thing it is a high posiblility that he was kept in a comatose state or connected to the computer and he wake up recently, when people who care were in danger. We heard that the man could barely go down stairs. I am possitive that he is Woo jin. 

Two more episode. I am ready for the conclusion.

@larus

I‘m hoping they didn't make this scientifically impossible though. If WJ had been maimed/in a coma/sitting in a wheelchair for 20 years, there's not way on earth that he could even walk 2 meters without help let alone down any stairs (even with help). Let's hope there will be a good explanation.

Ugh just want to say I really nervous to see 'Circulate' state/form... What a maximum torture they do to us with that episode 10 ending. Gosh Park Dong-gun definitely said he is alive while Prof. Han said he was in brain-coma. What this total corrupt group Human B did to him asdfghjkl--they brought up about cloning too--so I have this feeling that we would see 2037 Woo-jin's clone in 20s state and that will be so un-humane if true (but then why they need to extend Woo-jin into a clone? Did he choose to suicide himself in 2017 so they couldn't get the access?) T-T and just... Why at that exact time 'Circulate' going downstairs... Is it related to his love for Byul? Which quite so hopeless romantic for this show, if he can sees what's happening to all safe care chip users then why--is he really didn't want to be found--or because he already in clone form----noooo.

/coma/

tumblr_ork4keAgcu1ugbqo0o1_500.gif

source

About Byul's technology that extended to be able to lock memories is understandable even it's like a recorder but it already has advanced search function which is worked so binary/digital--so with little touch, it really can modify what memories could be accessed or not. I like the theory of Ho-soo may be Woo-jin but it's really doubtful now. And I really proud of what Ho-soo doings for his redemption, I'm glad writer makes his character like that.

tumblr_orvp31vPRf1w8sdqgo1_250.gif

source

Spoiler

tumblr_ortc0qnS1N1rjjno5o8_400.gif

source

Really enjoy reading all thoughts by you guys in this thread, silent lurked since I lost my memory record (haaa) of my password and it's email related last weeks when I started watching this amazing paced show, it satisfy me consistently.

Also it breaks my heart when Jung-yeon questioning herself like why I came then--yes... Why she came to earth, not yet answered--etc etc. When she calms down Woo-jin's head said that he is the only one that Beom-gyun has at parking lot it's more like she screams that he all that she has in fact.

tumblr_orvaocnfso1vvzijko10_r1_250.gif

Ahhh next week is eid mubarak time so I think I'll not be able to watch the finale asap... Gosh this killing me slowly T-T

2 hours ago, rittoo said:

@larus

I‘m hoping they didn't make this scientifically impossible though. If WJ had been maimed/in a coma/sitting in a wheelchair for 20 years, there's not way on earth that he could even walk 2 meters without help let alone down any stairs (even with help). Let's hope there will be a good explanation.

I wonder if they have a memory device on him, if he's truly still alive, and they had him in an almost zombie like state. I will say, I'm still wondering if BG isn't Woo Ji since he doesn't really remember his past. He's been wearing glasses since he was a small child--why does he no longer need glasses an an adult? Just wondering.

1 minute ago, lclarakl said:

I wonder if they have a memory device on him, if he's truly still alive, and they had him in an almost zombie like state. I will say, I'm still wondering if BG isn't Woo Ji since he doesn't really remember his past. He's been wearing glasses since he was a small child--why does he no longer need glasses an an adult? Just wondering.

Maybe contact lenses or technology? Just saying ahahaha. Park Dong-gun also didn't wear glasses anymore in 2037

22 hours ago, CatchMine_ID said:

Maybe contact lenses or technology? Just saying ahahaha. Park Dong-gun also didn't wear glasses anymore in 2037

True, but in 2017, the year in which we are living today, most college age people wear contacts.  We'll find out next week what is going on ....:D

On 06/06/2017 at 2:19 AM, craptelly said:

Sorry my cell phone restored some other post I did before and I don't know how to completely delete it...

I've been thinking that he isn't really BG but I kind of gave up on that idea now that it was shown that they didn't copy Byol's technology but are still using the same old device which only recognizes WJ. It would be a bit of a long detour to tell us all that just to say oops they didn't need WJ after all WJ has been out there and far away from smart earth all these years and the circulator is just a random other poor person wouldn't it? I like to be surprised watching a show but I don't really want that anymore...

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Circle" Episode 10

photo859758.jpg

If you already feel bad for the twin leads of "Circle", get ready for more pain, as a glimpse of false happiness, bonding and doubts comes crawling into their lives in episode ten. Dong-geon pushes Woo-jin to his limits in 2017 while Joon-hyeok and Jeong-yeon take on a very dangerous and possibly final plan to find Woo-jin in 2037.

We sadly get the horrible confirmation of Woo-jin (Yeo Jin-goo) as the human battery for Human B's supercomputer and while well expected, it is still twisted. I still feel that the mentioning of cloning is meaningful as well. Woo-jin could already be in a coma or gravely ill. I want nothing more than for the mystery figure on that stairwell to be a healthy Woo-jin, but the series has done a great job at making this feel like an unattainable dream.

Spoiler

photo859757.jpgphoto859756.jpg

We see Woo-jin falter again in a very long time and we see Beom-gyoon (An Woo-yeon) "happy", but we know that he will eventually want nothing more than to have his memories back. The twins have gone through so much in life and them essentially being decades apart in their efforts for each other makes this all very tragic and only enhances my wish that they get a happy ending. I want a happy ending as a viewer and this pleases me as a reviewer.

Speaking about viewer desires, the episode talks a bit about Byeol (Gong Seung-yeon) and her origins. We know she has almost human DNA, but she does not physically age and has a more advanced brain. She could be anything from an alien to a clone to a time-traveling, evolved human. My curiosity does want closure, but as I have mentioned before this is a mystery which is not the main drive of this story and one which can remain unexplained.

photo859755.jpgphoto859754.jpg

Since we are on the subject of closure, I gave Ho-soo (Lee Gi-kwang) a lot of grief early on due to his character feeling irrelevant to the story at the time, but I am very satisfied with his development. He was the first one to drive the point about memories making up our existence as individuals home and now he makes a big and possibly permanent sacrifice to protect those individuals.

As much as I love "Circle", I do wish we had more time with its setting, especially in 2037. We have barely seen Smart Earth's inhabitants and its "brave" new world order. I wish we had, because it would make the hopefully imminent takedown of its entire structure more emotional. On the other hand, short and sweet is something we need more of in Korean drama. Pave the way, "Circle".

cr:http://www.hancinema...-10-107167.html

===

P/S: Im somewhat worried if anything bad happen to hosoo :unsure:

I think I lost again... When Jungyeon see Woo Jin last time? When they separate? In 2017? But what about picture of him in 2022 smiling in chairman room? I think if this will be fake pic JY will be know about this. So this is real WJ, his clone or A.I.? And why someone take this pic?

53 minutes ago, Netka85 said:

But what about picture of him in 2022 smiling in chairman room? I think if this will be fake pic JY will be know about this. So this is real WJ, his clone or A.I.? And why someone take this pic?

You are right, I forgot about that. Because of that picture the initial theory was that WJ was brain washed and was working for human b, it's still possible though, what if he suddenly remembered when he saw Pyol in danger and decided to get out of the computer room to find out the truth? Maybe it's really as simple as that.

It's not really a "perfect death" btw if somebody's heart stops beating, that's what CPR is for, you know XDD Prof. Han should know this though so that part was slightly off. It would have been another thing entirely of course if he had been brain dead.

Spoiler

I used to watch with the hopes that they can insert some loveline into the story. But now I just want everybody's happy ending. They do not even have to give us a love story (cos sci!! fi!!) I just want to be satisfied with the ending. :bawling:

I was thinking at first that because Byul made the system that's why the supercomputer shut down. That somehow, a part of her is in the system too. I don't think they would make the "Because Jung Yeon is in danger" reasoning since JH was about to get operated on too the last time Min. Park interrupted but the supercomputer did not shut down.

or probably the virus JY made was too strong  haha

Or I don't know. My theories were never correct in this drama. 

47 minutes ago, bbsjk said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I used to watch with the hopes that they can insert some loveline into the story. But now I just want everybody's happy ending. They do not even have to give us a love story (cos sci!! fi!!) I just want to be satisfied with the ending. :bawling:

I was thinking at first that because Byul made the system that's why the supercomputer shut down. That somehow, a part of her is in the system too. I don't think they would make the "Because Jung Yeon is in danger" reasoning since JH was about to get operated on too the last time Min. Park interrupted but the supercomputer did not shut down.

or probably the virus JY made was too strong  haha

Or I don't know. My theories were never correct in this drama. 

2017 while searching for BG, WJ mentioned to someone the twins they share some form of telepathy. Wonder if Byul picked this up too fm d twins?

As the knife drew near, we saw Byul clenching her fists, tears streaming out.. who knows WJ felt this "danger" and immediately shut the supercomputer?. (We also saw the two men near Byul squirming in pain when their red lights blickers-may be WJ's doing to save Byul?

Preview I heard WJ shouting to Byul somethg like  "protect at all costs".. there must have been some form of "connections" between WJ and Byul.. :rolleyes:

Archived