[Drama 2017] Mystery Queen 추리의 여왕

larus

1 hour ago, dhakra said:

. That killed my mood today,

I have to take this back, I didn't watch my other drama beforehand. Radiant Office took over this job.

36 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@dhakra I must say that I really dislike JJW. First, she was trying to make HWS feel guilty, when she said that he was responsible for endangering YSO's life and not the law firm!! Well, she has a twisted mind... the real source of the danger is Jang and not HWS. Secondly, she is wrong. By helping him, she knows that he will get released and as soon as he is out, he will be after YSO. She is already aware that Jang is investigating YSO. Does she really believe that Jang will let YSO live, if she asks him to. Then she is really naive or she is just indifferent. Then by using threads like that (destroying YSO's reputation with the pictures), she has a very low moral standard! Yes, she is a lawyer and it's her job to defend her client, but fact is that she is using immoral methods.  

I won't argue with you about her behavior regarding her clients or JDJ.  She's a lawyer (for the bad guys). But honestly I wasn't talking about her work and let it slide. I was more focussed on her mind and her thoughts about WS. I liked how she cares about him and effectively is jealous that he spents time with a person she isn't able to read. She knows WS doesn't love her, which gives her a hard time, she even knows that he investigates the case of his old gf. 

From her works perspective you are absolutely correct, she played with WS feelings and tried to play him. She did what she had to do as the lawyer of the bad guys. Maybe she even knows that her work will never be able to function with WS job.

50 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I really hated it, when she twisted the knife in the wound by mentioning SHS.

Yep, me too. Can't argue with that aswell. That wasn't nice of her.

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, today's episode was super sad for me. I guess it didn't have much running around and out-of-breath sequences, the mood was so somber. I felt really bad for WS, he had so much sadness inside him that he couldn't even get drunk. He had so much hidden inside him with no one to share with. His history with HS he has to live with by himself, his kindness to keep Ahjamma's witness testimony to spare her from injury he has to hide all by himself, his botching of the low-priority case he has to deal with by himself. Poor guy, he could use a sympathetic person to ease his pain; but right now, even his best option, the Ahjamma, is not treating him with respect.

It was curious that Jang showed up at the box lunch store, he could have used one of his strong men to do the job of hurting or eliminating SO. The fact that he appeared on the scene to look for SO is sort of dangerous to him even though he has all the backing he needs. Since most of us know that something big will happen soon, regardless of SO, because the transaction of getting Jang out was time sensitive. At this point, WS seems lost, he does not even have a home to go back to. He decided to separate from Ahjamma because he cares too much about her. WS was even bothered that Officer Hong buys his food from the box lunch store (competition?). As much as young lady's murder is sad for everyone, that case might bring our OTP back together. Man, it must be a very brutal murder, the CSI girl said she has never seen anything like this before (no face?). I hope the mood improves tomorrow. I wonder if the SIL's ability to read people's lies would come in handy later, could she expose all of her brother's lies.

@gaby81 and @RobinM. my friends from Texas, I think there is still a possibility for shipping of our OTP in about two more episodes. The requirement for some affection from OS toward WS is that he must be able to obtain the police files she wants for her parents' suicide case. As uncooperative as the SIL can be, I think she might be of help later concerning OS' adoption. If you remember the scene where young OS was introduced into the family, HC was really excited because a pretty girl was moving in. But the attitude of HS (SIL) was not so accepting. So HS must know something about the conditions of her family and who proivded the extra financial support. HS must also know the story of her brother's marriage to OS; HS complained to her abductor that she was jealous of OS because of the many suitors OS had.

I wonder the scene of Mr. Ha eating with a high-level police officer has any meaning. I am pretty sure Mr. Ha already has a lot of connections with law enforcement, but does he need more? Is he getting into a situation which requires more power play? WS was hurt (punched in cheek) when he handed a gift to his first love. We still do not know what that gift was, but HS' (first love) murder or disappearance, could that be related to Ha and Jung's illegal dealing too? Was that the reason JW referred to WS' lost of his first love a result of crossing Ha and Jung? Personally, I am not worried about Jang, Jang cannot hurt WS because WS is Mr. Ha's son (blood of Ha's family).

21 minutes ago, docster6 said:

@gaby81 and @RobinM. my friends from Texas, I think there is still a possibility for shipping of our OTP in about two more episodes. The requirement for some affection from OS toward WS is that he must be able to obtain the police files she wants for her parents' suicide case. As uncooperative as the SIL can be, I think she might be of help later concerning OS' adoption. If you remember the scene where young OS was introduced into the family, HC was really excited because a pretty girl was moving in. But the attitude of HS (SIL) was not so accepting. So HS must know something about the conditions of her family and who proivded the extra financial support. HS must also know the story of her brother's marriage to OS; HS complained to her abductor that she was jealous of OS because of the many suitors OS had.

I wonder the scene of Mr. Ha eating with a high-level police officer has any meaning. I am pretty sure Mr. Ha already has a lot of connections with law enforcement, but does he need more? Is he getting into a situation which requires more power play? WS was hurt (punched in cheek) when he handed a gift to his first love. We still do not know what that gift was, but HS' (first love) murder or disappearance, could that be related to Ha and Jung's illegal dealing too? Was that the reason JW referred to WS' lost of his first love a result of crossing Ha and Jung? Personally, I am not worried about Jang, Jang cannot hurt WS because WS is Mr. Ha's son (blood of Ha's family).

@docster6 Im always a hopefully one when it comes to my OTPs (it doesn't matter if she's married, an arranged one at that) because, hopefully, she'll get a divorce (lol #SorryNotSorry)  even a death/harm threat can't keep these two apart. They are like magnets. Poor Cheif Hong doesn't know that he has put her in even more harms way, hopefully the baddies don't think he was the reason for getting involved again.

7 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

i am confused.. we are almost near the end andlove story hasn't even started..

is there alove story in the firt place?

My personal opinion, there is but I'm afraid there will be no kisses. As far as I know Choi Kang Hee, she was always reluctant to play such scenes with the actors who have permanent dates, like with Ji Sung in Protect the Boss, and Joo Sang Wook in GT and especially who have been married.  With sigle actors, she made it all the way, if you watch 3Grade Civil Servant with Joo Won,  My Sweet Seoul with Ji Hoon Woo and With Jung Chung Myung in Heart to Heart where bed scene was so adorable.

I wish to see how this smart writer will impress us with their love line, I have faith on him.

7 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@dhakra I must say that I really dislike JJW. First, she was trying to make HWS feel guilty, when she said that he was responsible for endangering YSO's life and not the law firm!! Well, she has a twisted mind... the real source of the danger is Jang and not HWS. Secondly, she is wrong. By helping him, she knows that he will get released and as soon as he is out, he will be after YSO. She is already aware that Jang is investigating YSO. Does she really believe that Jang will let YSO live, if she asks him to. Then she is really naive or she is just indifferent. Then by using threads like that (destroying YSO's reputation with the pictures), she has a very low moral standard! Yes, she is a lawyer and it's her job to defend her client, but fact is that she is using immoral methods.  

But let say it: both KHC and JJW are to blame for this terrible situation: YSO's life might be in danger. They both know that Jang is a criminal but due to favors, they have to use different means and ways to get JAng released. Like I said it before, I want JJW to be punished, just like Ha and KHC. She doesn't deserve HWS at all. I really hated it, when she twisted the knife in the wound by mentioning SHS. She knows that she represents a huge source of pain for HWS and by doing so, she is revealing her lack of sensibility.

I really loved this episode because the main plot is still there (JDJ and HS's death), but we get a new case. Now, YSO is getting more and more involved. Notice that KHC has a direct connection to Ha hence I am more and more convinced that KHC did marry YSO for an ulterior motive. YSO will work with HWS and Hong... the latter did some research about civilian help for investigations which means that he is trying to find a legal way for YSO so that she can work for the police. Meeting her idol Inspector Woo might also incite her to make the jump. Anyway, the new case's introduction was sad but I think the writer did a good job because this incident makes HWS realise that there is more than JDJ. So far, he has been obsessed with JDJ and HS's death but his mistake was like a eyes-opener. He should pay more attention to victims and take their case seriously. I think, this was necessary for HWS to move on... to become more mature and improve as a detective. 

Moreover, we get to see that YSO hasn't given up to investigate her parents' death yet. She asked for the Shining Dong taxi driver murder file (14.11.2007) . Remember that I had written the theory that her father was a taxi driver and he was found in his car, behind his wheel. In my opinion, since she has always believed that her parents didn't commit suicide, she is now looking for a similar case in order to prove her theory for murder. She needs this case with all the info so that she can compare it to her parents' death. 

So far, I am enjoying the evolution of their relationship. HWS has definitely allowed YSO to enter his heart. For her sake, he refused to use her testimony which is really telling that he has come to really like her. Moreover, we all know how much the case with JDJ means to HWS as it is connected to HS's death. By saying his goodbye to her was his way to protect her as well. To sum up, HWS has already started changing. Interesting is that he kept avoiding JJW the entire time, but out of concern for YSO, he even went to JJW's office!!

I am just hoping that HWS will discover soon why YSO has been obsessed with crimes and investigation. Then I guess, YSO will realise what her husband did. Since JDJ appears in front of her in the next episode, she will discover that HWS never used her testimony and that her husband was behind the case. I am hoping that in the episode 11, we see a confrontation between KHC and his wife.

@docster6 @ross27 @RobinM @Mico Ricco @UnniSarah @Nonglak Koomkamhaeng @gaby81 @larus

Really good job, you cleared so many in my mind because I last night so annoyed not to understand a single Korean.  Now YSO is a civilian Profiler thanks to Chief Hong's hard work.  He deserves one YSO's soft kiss, doesn't he? I adore Chief Hong's expression.

I THOUGHT that they going to use this case to make YSO see her husband true face but they decide to push that longer

but they did that for good reason , they show us that WS care for YSO so much to lose this chance of catching the man he was after him all this years and he hate the most in the world 

i think we going to see soon what we waiting for about YSO husband and his family  but the question is when ? is that today ? next week ? or when ?

we have a 16 ep's drama and with today we already on ep 10 so if it not this week they have to show us that next week , i ws ready before that they going to let that for ep 11-12 but in the same time  i was hoping they do that before 

they keep push the really story of YSO parent death and HS death longer and that make us think that it not just two random story but they can be two connected story and that why the writer have faith he still have enough time to solve the two mystery

about the romance the longer they keep YSO blind from her husband doing the more i believe that they not going to stay together by the end of the drama since there will not be time to know , change and make things right again or at least start shown each other the really them 

WS now know YSO more then her husband, he know things that her husband wasn't interest to see or know about his wife 

and every act he did in ep 9 show that the husband is hidden so much and he doing it without even feeling guilty , he know how smart YSO is and that she don't gave up easy so he using fake reason to control her and stop her from doing what she want , and the fact he know she really see that crime and was in danger but didn't ask cause he was busy tricking her to not go and tell that so he can make that criminal walk free show us that his love to his wife is selfish and it as long as she still the women he want her to be , and not for what she are for really 

about that family , everyone lies they don't really talk about their really though even YSO , so they need a shock to break all that ice and lies they build all this years , that not a good or strong family, it just fake and there no really feeling , all that lies and hidden and not really shown their really feeling make their connecting fake and their feeling cold with years even if there was time where love was there between them 

WS and YSO i don't if they going to be romance where we see kisses or normal love story ( sure not that ) but i still think the writer with the idea of romance between this two but how he going to do that i  still waiting to see, but all that talk about YSO not known love , dating or romance wasn't for empty it was to make her know it in some point in the future and i think we need her to broke her family mask before she even see WS as man that why i don;t know when and how the writer going to do that with 6 ep's only left ( forget today ep they will busy with the new murder )

@nona88 The longer KHC is hiding the truth from YSO, the harder he will fall. Actually, I was fine that YSO didn't discover what KHC had been doing behind her back. First this underlines YSO's misjudgement about KHC. She still has a very good opinion about KHC. Moreover, his action indicates that he is underestimating YSO's strength and misjudging her personality. He thought that if he tells her that he is visiting the police station where she had to testify, she would be scared and it would stop her from testifying. And he was proven wrong. His tactic didn't stop her at all, as she sent an audio testimony first. Striking is that KHC was too confident in front of HWS, when he asked him if he had a witness and the testimony.... KHC was actually playing with the fire. KHC believes that YSO will never dare to disobey him in the end. Striking is that these words towards HWS revealed two things:

- KHC's overconfidence

- he is too selfish and self-centered as he has no idea what his wife has been doing all this time: she saved his own sister and he is unaware of that.

But JDJ is making a mistake with YSO: when he visits her in order to threaten her with his presence, that's how YSO will realise that something happened. She might investigate it and discover from Hong that her own husband had the case. From that moment, she will be upset that KHC helped to release such a dangerous criminal. The moment she discovers the connection between JDJ and KHC, this will open her eyes and she will see KHC in a different light. He will be no longer her Oppa.

Then we heard again that even JJW thought, KHC was single... and this is no coincidence. I am wondering if they are legally married. Maybe KHC lied to YSO by telling her that he registred the marriage, while he didn't. 

@docster6 I loved it, when HWS crashed Hong's flat because that's how they were able to come a little closer. You could see some changes after that night: Hong tried his best to console HWS after that terrible discovery. HWS is in need of a real and true friend. Even his colleagues have no idea about his past and his pain. I am expecting that hong becomes HWS's confident as well.  

@ross27 @RobinM @Mico Ricco @UnniSarah @Nonglak Koomkamhaeng @gaby81@lumibear @larus

2 hours ago, Nonglak Koomkamhaeng said:

My personal opinion, there is but I'm afraid there will be no kisses. As far as I know Choi Kang Hee, she was always reluctant to play such scenes with the actors who have permanent dates, like with Ji Sung in Protect the Boss, and Joo Sang Wook in GT and especially who have been married.  With sigle actors, she made it all the way, if you watch 3Grade Civil Servant with Joo Won,  My Sweet Seoul with Ji Hoon Woo and With Jung Chung Myung in Heart to Heart where bed scene was so adorable.

I wish to see how this smart writer will impress us with their love line, I have faith on him.

I wonder if those are drama choices or her own.. because if she can go all the way... then definitely she is professional.. and the onus of make out scenes should more be on the person who is committed rather than the co star

I felt this is a more emotional case rather than the one with SO's sister in law.

The death of this girl has reminded WS of his core job, to protect the innocent.

I love how it seems to be in the open that SO is going to help the police out again.

Looking forward to Ep 10!

The death of that cheerful girl who was all looking forward to life and love was so sad. It opened WS's eyes to the real purpose of being in the Police force which is to protect the citizens when he has been obsessed with JDJ's criminal activities and HS's death. 

I have an interesting read on whether we will get romance from the OTP or not, with the question started by @gaby81. I personally would like it that they both find love for each other while solving crimes together. JW definitely sensed that Ahjumma is important to WS and he proved it to her by rushing to JW's office to warn her not to touch SO. As @bebebisous33 has pointed out too, he avoided JW but for SO he went to her office.

@docster6, I agree with you that this episode showed up how sad and miserable a life WS has. I hope he and SO would clear up their misunderstanding: he thought she did not appreciate that he has saved her life twice, she thought that he did not respect her skills in detecting.

8 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Then we heard again that even JJW thought, KHC was single... and this is no coincidence. I am wondering if they are legally married. Maybe KHC lied to YSO by telling her that he registred the marriage, while he didn't. 

After reading everyone's comment on our OTP romance , I thought the only way YSO could ever fall for WS is for her not to be legally married. Then I started to wonder , WHAT IF THEY AREN'T MARRIED AND HKC HAS BEEN LYING ABOUT IT TO HIS ENTIRE FAMILY or maybe his mom and sister knows about it and they are lying to her. YSO feels she owes them her life because they were good to her once she lost her family. She also loves them with all their faults. 

@bebebisous33... so glad we came through the same conclusion. Yay Yay 

13 hours ago, docster6 said:

@docster6 Im always a hopefully one when it comes to my OTPs (it doesn't matter if she's married, an arranged one at that) because, hopefully, she'll get a divorce (lol #SorryNotSorry)  even a death/harm threat can't keep these two apart. They are like magnets. Poor Cheif Hong doesn't know that he has put her in even more harms way, hopefully the baddies don't think he was the reason for getting involved again.

I put forth the effort to find out that our female lead is capable of heavy duty skinship. In her previous drama (50 episodes), Glamorous Temptation, she had a lot of hug scenes. I guess the famous kiss scene was by their youthful actors. @ross27 should know this because you were in that forum. I was invited by @kbleonto join it but that was a busy time of my schedule. I hijacked @alin103's compilation of hug scenes:

Yes, I think scenes like that could be possible in this drama. WS has been very physical with SO, there were plenty of "skinship" scenes. But I want the more romantic kind. Actually, after WS saved Ahjamma from the grave, there was a 3-second hug of relieve. But SO continued to emphasize that she saved herself and we all know it was not true. When Jang was to stab her, SO actually fainted. That means SO would have died if WS didn't catch that murder scene in time. I am totally convinced that WS will hug SO, maybe a backhug to start things off? You see, WS remembers ALL gentle gestures by a female he likes. When HS (first love) touched his wound on the side of his chin, he remembered it and had it etched in his mind. When SO cared for his knife wound on the wrist from Jang, WS remembered when he opened his refrigerator. He drank water instead of beer from her admonition. Yes, I am very optimistic, there will be some romance for our OTP. Just think about this: the ending scene of episode 9 had WS looking down the street and he saw SO coming to deliver the victim's food; the camera shot focused on SO with all the passerby in higher speed. The interpretation of that scene is that only SO matters. I am not making this up, I know what that means as a veteran of many dramas. Thanks for allowing me to express my shipping requests.

I'm so so happy that my livestream has at 100% lag and refresh free! 

YSO is like a teenager as she is all giddy like a girl with a crush and such a fan girl. But after today's episode, my view of him is not good. Sure he maybe good at what he does but he doesn't do any of the investigating work, he just presents it. I get the feeling he is going to be another one against our duo and the newly formed team, which has been put together by Daddy Ha to keep the duo in keep and under the ever watchful eyes of Ha's lackeys. Also, I am of mind that Inspector is a tad bit shady and creepy, the man can be a bad guy too. It's a good cover in that detectives and the police would never suspect him in the least bit. 

I just knew that the panty thief and murderer was also linked to the duo as we see him in SO's neighborhood and I hope that he isn't targeting her as he found out that she is an 'Agashii' and not an 'Ahjumma' by the daughters correcting him. So I guess that is how he gathers info on his targets. 

If I were Kyung Mi my spidey senses would be going off like, "Stranger Danger Willim Robinson!" But I'm paranoid like that though, I would not be walking around at night alone if I Really Really Had too. It's when the creepy people are out and about. I don't know why she didn't even think it was odd that he was asking question about the part timer and what not. I'd not tell him anything even more so as he was lingering around. 

My poor bleeding heart goes to the other of the victim as the young women started her new life in the city and was starting her venture into dating and romance..This has opened up WS's eyes into getting his head into his work 100% and not totally focus on JDJ and his past, because an innocent died at his lack of care for a simply panty thief. The poor man wants to be around the Ahjumma and have her help but no he can't because he doesn't want any harm to befall her just like HS. I hope the misunderstanding between them gets cleared up soon as they are working together again. I liked how at first he was angry that she was around but when she push by him he had this happy smirk and how happy he looked when they were alone in the teams new office. Like a school boy but Daddy Ha had to appear and kill the mood; but especially when Inspector Woo dramatically made his entrance into the room, she lit up like a a ray of sunshine and he was not at all pleased to see him. WS was shooting them lighting blots at him. 

I can't wait until she gets to see his mask come off, his real self, Fakeness be shown. 

10 minutes ago, docster6 said:

I put forth the effort to find out that our female lead is capable of heavy duty skinship. In her previous drama (50 episodes), Glamorous Temptation, she had a lot of hug scenes. I guess the famous kiss scene was by their youthful actors. @ross27 should know this because you were in that forum. I was invited by @kbleonto join it but that was a busy time of my schedule. I hijacked @alin103's compilation of hug scenes:

Yes, I think scenes like that could be possible in this drama. WS has been very physical with SO, there were plenty of "skinship" scenes. But I want the more romantic kind. Actually, after WS saved Ahjamma from the grave, there was a 3-second hug of relieve. But SO continued to emphasize that she saved herself and we all know it was not true. When Jang was to stab her, SO actually fainted. That means SO would have died if WS didn't catch that murder scene in time. I am totally convinced that WS will hug SO, maybe a backhug to start things off? You see, WS remembers ALL gentle gestures by a female he likes. When HS (first love) touched his wound on the side of his chin, he remembered it and had it etched in his mind. When SO cared for his knife wound on the wrist from Jang, WS remembered when he opened his refrigerator. He drank water instead of beer from her admonition. Yes, I am very optimistic, there will be some romance for our OTP. Just think about this: the ending scene of episode 9 had WS looking down the street and he saw SO coming to deliver the victim's food; the camera shot focused on SO with all the passerby in higher speed. The interpretation of that scene is that only SO matters. I am not making this up, I know what that means as a veteran of many dramas. Thanks for allowing me to express my shipping requests.

Yes, I'm On Board With That 100% I, too, Have Watched Plenty of Dramas, One Doesn't Just Have A lot of Skinship and The Hints and Refrences and The Atmosheres For No Purpose. Your going to have throw me overboard cuz I'm staying put on this ship! 

Yeah. If looks could kill. Ahjumma has a thing for distant stoic intellectual types... She married a Vulcan and is crushing on another one. 

So smart yet so dumb :wink:

5 minutes ago, RobinM said:

Yeah. If looks could kill. Ahjumma has a thing for distant stoic intellectual types... She married a Vulcan and is crushing on another one. 

So smart yet so dumb :wink:

Yes, we always thought HS (SIL) is dumb too. But in episode 7, when she deduced all the lying parts of her family members, SO included, she was actually very brilliant at her pursuit of a psychology Ph.D. But WS was right, when you are in love, all logic goes out of the window. That was why HS couldn't detect the murderer and abductor's lying schemes. I am actually wishing that HS (SIL) would have a role, later, to help solve some of the back stories. I hope she could take her brother's corruptions down.

2 hours ago, docster6 said:

Yes, we always thought HS (SIL) is dumb too. But in episode 7, when she deduced all the lying parts of her family members, SO included, she was actually very brilliant at her pursuit of a psychology Ph.D. But WS was right, when you are in love, all logic goes out of the window. That was why HS couldn't detect the murderer and abductor's lying schemes. I am actually wishing that HS (SIL) would have a role, later, to help solve some of the back stories. I hope she could take her brother's corruptions down.

Yes, that's what I am hoping or better said that's what I was hoping. I actually wanted her to be the one who discovers how her own family (mother and brother) are lying to YSO so that she starts seeing them in a different light. She starts questioning the true intentions of her own family.

But the first 8 minutes surprised me: how rude and selfish HS is towards YSO!! It was about washing a cachemire pullover and if I understood it correctly (RAW version), her oppa might have offered it to her. After watching this scene, I started disliking HS again! YSO saved her life and so far, HS doesn't feel indebted towards her. HS is still too much focused on herself and her pain!!

I know nothing wil ever change for Yoo Seol Ok unless she breaks with this family. She will never be able to be herself, Be able to avenge her parents or have a loving relationship with someone who respects and appreciates her and her skills. 

Archived