Drama: Mystery Queen

Hangul: 추리의

Genre: mystery, comedy

Network: KBS 2

Episodes: 16

Director: Kim Jin-woo, Yoo Young Eun

Writer: Lee Sung Min

Release Date: 2017- April 5 to 2017- May 25

Runtime: Wednesdays and Thursdays 22: 00 ( takes over drama Chief Kim )

Production Company:

OST: part 1  Jang Jae In & Hanhae(장재인 & 한해) - Far Away(멀리서)

part 2 The Ade (디에이드) - Day (하루)

part 3 Sun Woo Jung Ah (선우정아) - Pretend Not To Know ( 모른 척)

part 4 Ann (앤), Yoon Mi-rae (윤미래) - Goodbye

part 5 Klang (클랑) - Maze (미로)

Official site: http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/queenofmystery/

Other sites: http://asianwiki.com/Mystery_Queen

http://www.koreandrama.org/mystery-queen/

Watch VIKI https://www.viki.com/tv/34253c-mystery-queen  Request license http://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/z1ovcsxe011lqq2/

Watch Dramafever https://www.dramafever.com/drama/5016/Queen_of_Mystery/

Plot

The drama is about an ajumma who loves mystery novels and starts solving crimes alongside a detective using the skills she learned from books. Though their methods are completely different, they’ll end up as the perfect partners.

Cast

tumblr_ols1bn7g9f1sdd1ivo9_r5_540.png

Choi Gang-Hee –Yoo Seol Ok

Kwon Sang Woo- Ha Wan-Seung

Lee Won-Geun –Hong Joon Oh (Chief Hong) 

Kim Min-Jae - Detective Dong-Ki

Kim Hyun-Sook –Kyung-Mi ( Seol Ok’s friend)

Yang Ik-Joon - Jang Do-jang

Jeon Soo-Jin – Kim Ho Soon (Seol Ok’s sister-in-law)

Shin Hyun-Bin - Jung Ji Won

Yoon Hee Suk - Kim Ho Chul (Seol Ok’s husband)

Park Jun-Keum -  Park Kyung Suk (Madame Park, Seol Ok’s mother-in-law)

Ahn Kil-Kang - Bae Kwang Tae (Detective Bae)

Park Byung-Eun - Woo Sung Ha ( Profiler Woo)

Jung In-Gi- Jang Woo Sub

Lee Yoo Joon -Park Won Hee

Character descriptions

Yoo Seol Ok (Choi Kang Hee) plays the wife of a prosecutor, who missed out on her chance to become a police officer when she married young. She’s a longtime lover of mystery novels who once dreamed of becoming the next Agatha Christie, so she has some astute powers of deduction, though everything she learned about solving crimes comes from books. Through chance, she ends up cooperating with the local police on a case, leading to an unlikely partnership between the ajumma and a detective, whose methods couldn’t be more different from one another. (Dramabeans)

Ha Wan Seung ( Kwon Sang-Woo ) is a violent ace detective on a drug force who graduated with honors from Police University. He is a cop who relies on his fists and his instinct rather than cold logic, because he`s learned firsthand that the field is much hursher than you`re taught in academy, and you can lose your teammates or lose a dangerous suspect if you don`t trust your intuition and act based on gut feeling.

Director Hong (Lee Won-geun) is a passionate detective who graduated from Police University, and he’ll end up helping the heroine in all sorts of ways so that she can realize her dream and become a cop.

Posters

Queen-of-Mystery-mp-1.jpg

C6btsyEVAAAVIuk.jpg&key=987d825ebb4f5e57

C6bttBBVMAQiz6g.jpg&key=6c429ff77c60b594

Teasers/Trailers

Teaser1

Teaser - English subtitles

Long preview

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

News bites: February 4, 2017

by awcoconuts | February 4, 2017 | 40 Comments

tumblr_okjm9zFFr41sdd1ivo10_r4_540.jpg
Jeon Su-jin (Jackpot, Descended From the Sun) has been cast as Choi Kang-hee‘s sister-in-law in Mystery Queen. An immature but intelligent woman studying to be a psychologist, she and Choi get along, but they have a love/hate relationship. Kim Min-jae (The King, Village: Secret of Achiara) will play Lee Won-geun‘s partner and hoobae lieutenant. He’s fiercely loyal to and fond of his partner, but at work, he’ll tend to pass responsibilities off to his sunbae. Mystery Queen will take the spot vacated by Chief Kim on KBS in March. [TV Report 1, 2]

The article confirming Jeon Su jin http://www.tvreport.co.kr/?c=news&m=newsview&idx=962862

News bites: January 28, 2017
by awcoconuts | January 28, 2017 | 22 Comments
I’d love a top ten drama girlfriends contender to debut early on in the Year of the Rooster, and this might be the answer: Kim Hyun-sook (Rude Miss Young-ae series) is positively considering an offer to play Choi Kang-hee‘s bestie in KBS’s Mystery Queen. A shopowner, she doesn’t give two hoots what her friend’s disapproving in-laws think, and she’ll help Choi find work. The upcoming Wednesday-Thursday drama is currently finalizing its cast and preparing to air in March. [TV Report]

Choi Kang-hee courted to be ajumma detective in KBS’s Mystery Queen

by girlfriday | January 20, 2017 | 21 Comments

tumblr_okjm9zFFr41sdd1ivo10_r5_540.jpg

I know we’ve seen a lot of dramas crop up in twos or threes whenever a new trend hits, but this is a weirdly specific one. Choi Kang-hee (Heart to Heart) is currently considering an offer to headline a new KBS drama called Mystery Queen, about an ajumma who loves mystery novels and starts solving crimes alongside a detective using the skills she learned from books… which is entirely separate from the Jang Nara drama Housewife Detective, about an ajumma who goes to work for a private eye. Between these shows and that Ha Ji-won movie about a novelist solving a murder, I guess ajumma sleuths are a thing.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/01/choi-kang-hee-courted-to-be-ajumma-detective-in-kbss-mystery-queen/#comments

Lee Won-geun up to play cop to Choi Kang-hee’s Mystery Queen

by girlfriday | January 26, 2017 | 54 Comments

tumblr_okjm9zFFr41sdd1ivo10_r6_540.jpg

Hm, I worry that this pairing is reminiscent of the Joo-won/Choi Kang-hee pairing in Level 7 Civil Servant… but they wouldn’t recreate that dynamic on purpose, right? Though neither actor is confirmed, Lee Won-geun (The Good Wife) is currently in the running to star as the police detective who will work alongside ajumma novice sleuth Choi Kang-hee (Dazzling Temptation) in the new KBS drama Mystery Queen.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/01/lee-won-geun-up-to-play-cop-to-choi-kang-hees-mystery-queen/

Park Joon-geum to star in "Mystery Queen" as Choi Kang-hee's mother-in-law

2017/02/06 | 683 views | 0 Comment | Permalink | Source

photo816459.jpg

Park Joon-geum is starring in the new KBS 2TV drama "Mystery Queen".

She's starring as Choi Kang-hee's (Yoo Seol-ok) mother-in-law named Mrs. Park. She has a son who's a prosecutor and even bullies Yoo Seol-ok with everything, but always falls for her traps.

Park Joon-geum is currently starring in "The Gentlemen of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop" and was in "Let's Make a New Start" and "The Heirs".

http://www.hancinema.net/park-joon-geum-to-star-in-mystery-queen-as-choi-kang-hee-s-mother-in-law-103021.html

3 hours ago, RobinM said:

This woman play literally every difficult  K drama mother or mother in law ever!  At the same time!

I only saw Park Joon Geum in two dramas ( Divorce Lawyers in Love and Memory). It seams that she usually plays the rich mother or mother in law, a nightmare for the protagonists. I have not seen her meanest characters yet. I this drama she plays the mother of the prosecutor and as a mother-in- law for Yoo Seol Ok (Choi Kang hee) she is a bully. From the character description it seams that Yoo Seol Ok knows how to handle her.  I wonder who will play the son.

I `ve not expected this casting news...

2015110419201611745_1.jpg

Kwon Sang-woo is being proposed to appear on the KBS2 new drama 'The Mystery of Mystery' and is discussing it. The heroine cooperates with a hot-blooded detective as a perfect partner. Kwon Sang-woo was offered the role of ace-violence detective.

So many detective roles. I don`t know if Kwon Sang Woo received the same role as Lee Won-geun or it is a different role. From description it seams to be a different role but in the same time it says that Yoo Seol Ok will cooperates with a hot-blooded detective as a perfect partner. Maybe they chance the main role a little to accommodate Kwon Sang Woo. The detective is  a person who relies on instincts and fists rather than logical investigation. He is opposite Yoo Seol Ok who relies on observation, logic and deduction.  Hope we`ll have more information soon.

http://stoo.asiae.co.kr/news/view.htm?idxno=2017020809323742507

http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1110580542

12 hours ago, RobinM said:

Her characters all pretty much the same. You seen one you seen them all  but depending on the show they can meaner or funnier. Shrill, unreasonable, arrogant and over emotional. 

She is well typecast. 

I've seen her play mean characters but she's been hilarious in Laurel Tree Tailors as far as I'm concerned she has stolen the show W/her character. I hope to see her play one that's similar in this one. Count me in since she's in this drama.

@larus Thanks for starting this thread chingu! I wonder about Kwon Sang woo's character, I would think he will be playing a lead role but Lee Won Geun's role sounded like he was playing the lead.:blink: 

14 minutes ago, evie7 said:

I've seen her play mean characters but she's been hilarious in Laurel Tree Tailors as far as I'm concerned she has stolen the show W/her character. I hope to see her play one that's similar in this one. Count me in since she's in this drama.

She will play the annoying mother in law but I think she won`t be too terrible. This drama is not a melodrama. It says that it is a mystery- comedy. So hopefully she will play a hilarious rather than unreasonable over the top character.

If Kwon Sang woo will accept I think he will play the main lead and Lee Won-geun will be the other male lead (second lead). But I am glad that It is a female centric drama and hope everyone will have good characters. 

Kwon Sang-Woo offered lead role in KBS2 drama series “Mystery Queen”

Mystery-Queen-tp11.jpg

Kwon Sang-Woo has been offered the lead male role in upcoming KBS2 drama series “Mystery Queen” (literal title). Choi Gang-Hee has already received an offer to play the lead female role. Both performers are considering their offers positively. If Kwon Sang-Woo accepts his offer, he will play Ha Wan-Seung. He is described as a passionate detective. He begins to collaborate with housewife Yoo Seol-Ok (Choi Gang-Hee if she accepts) to solve cases. Supporting actors Park Jun-Keum, Jeon Soo-Jin & Kim Min-Jae are already cast for the drama series.

“Mystery Queen” is scheduled to first air April 5, 2017 (takes over KBS2’s Wednesday and Thursday 10PM time slot after “Chief Kim“).

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/kwon-sang-woo-offered-role-in-kbs2-drama-series-mystery-queen

Kwon Sang-woo up for crime-solving with Choi Kang-hee in Mystery Queen

by girlfriday | February 8, 2017 | 4 Comments

tumblr_okjm9zFFr41sdd1ivo10_r11_540.jpg

Okay, I definitely see more potential for romance in this pairing. Kwon Sang-woo (Temptation) is currently considering a leading role in Choi Kang-hee’s (Dazzling Temptation) new ajumma sleuth drama Mystery Queen, as a detective who teams up with a mystery-novel fan to solve crimes. It’s a different role from the one that Lee Won-geun (The Good Wife) is up for, which likely puts Lee Won-geun’s character in supporting territory.
Kwon Sang-woo is up for the role of a violent ace detective on the drug task force who graduated with honors from police university. He’s a cop who relies on his fists and his animal instincts rather than cold logic, because he’s learned firsthand that the field is much harsher than you’re taught in academy, and you can lose your teammates or lose a dangerous suspect if you don’t trust your intuition and act based on gut feeling. I can’t imagine a tough guy like that partnering with a scrappy ajumma and liking it, but I have a feeling that’ll be the fun of the show.

tumblr_okjm9zFFr41sdd1ivo10_r12_540.jpg

Meanwhile, Lee Won-geun is up for the part of the pretty boy captain of the local neighborhood precinct who helps the heroine at every step so that she can become a real cop. The always hilarious Park Joon-geum (Laurel Tree Tailors) has been cast to play Choi Kang-hee’s mother-in-law, a character who puts on airs because of her prosecutor son, and drives the heroine crazy with her constant nagging.

Feb 13 2017

Choi Gang-Hee cast in KBS2 drama series “Mystery Queen”

Mystery_Queen-a00.jpg

Choi Gang-Hee is now cast for the lead female role in upcoming KBS2 drama series “Mystery Queen.” In the drama series, Choi Gang-Hee will play Yoo Seol-Ok. She is a very curious person and sometimes acts silly, but she is a lovely woman and has a high sense of reasoning power. She partners up with Detective Ha Wan-Seung to solve cases. Actor Kwon Sang-Woo is still considering an offer to play lead male character Detective Ha Wan-Seung.

“Mystery Queen” first airs April 5, 2017 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/choi-gang-hee-cast-in-kbs2-drama-series-mystery-queen

Choi Kang Hee and Kwon Sang Woo for Upcoming KBS Wed- Thurs Detective Drama Mystery Queen

http://koalasplayground.com/2017/02/13/choi-kang-hee-and-kwon-sang-woo-for-upcoming-kbs-wed-thurs-detective-drama-mystery-queen/

February 15 2017

Kwon Sang-Woo cast in KBS2 drama series “Mystery Queen”

Mystery-Queen-tp11.jpg

Kwon Sang-Woo is now cast in upcoming KBS2 drama series “Mystery Queen” co-starring Choi Gang-Hee. In the drama series, Kwon Sang-Woo will play lead male character Detective Ha Wan-Seung. He prefers to follow his intuition rather than relying on reasoning and he also has a hot temper. He gets involves with Yoo Seol-Ok (Choi Gang-Hee ) who appears at a crime scene and does investigations by herself. At first they don’t like each other, but he eventually acknowledges Yoo Seok-Ok’s reasoning abilities. They team up together to investigate cases together.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/kwon-sang-woo-cast-in-kbs2-drama-series-mystery-queen

Kwon Sang Woo And Choi Kang Hee To Reunite In 16 Years Through New Crime Drama

Kwon Sang Woo Choi Kang Hee

Actor Kwon Sang Woo and Choi Kang Hee will be acting together again in an upcoming drama titled “Mystery Queen” (working title).

In the drama, Kwon Sang Woo will be playing the character Ha Wan Seung, a skilled detective in the area of illegal drugs. His character prefers handling people physically rather than with the law, despite having an elite background.

Choi Kang Hee will play the character Seol Ok, who runs into Ha Wan Seung while on an illegal investigation. They don’t get along very well until he acknowledges her deduction skills and become perfect detective partners.

This drama marks Kwon Sang Woo and Choi Kang Hee’s reunion in the small screen in 16 years. The last time they acted together was in the drama “Shinhwa” in 2001.

Kwon Sang Woo’s agency stated, “‘Mystery Queen’ has that charm of mystery and suspense, which made him want to do this drama. Since this is his comeback to dramas in three years, he really wants to show diverse sides of himself to fans that have waited for so long.”

https://www.soompi.com/2017/02/14/kwon-sang-woo-choi-kang-hee-reunite-16-years-new-crime-drama/

Archived