[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

I'm back...and what an episode to come back to.

One question: did KS really say "Sorry" to GR at the end there? If he did, why? Was the bromance healing before KS turned to ashes?

Also, I don't think I'm going to mind at all if the next episodes are all about both JET and KS regaining their memories of each other. That is, if JET's loses her memory courtesy of GR and KS comes back without his memories of her. Basically, it'll be a GR-Sunny situation for KS-JET.

• Like 10

7Funny thing today despite so busy ive been missing DOTS and keep on watching where Yo Si jin came back from death scene only to find out that they going to pull this again with GB. 

Here come the angry rant...  i think they are doing this at ep 13 then special episode instead of ep 14 they are taking advantage of our madness n sorrow to push for high ranking ratingssssss...  i see what are trying to doooooo..  

I also think that after this GR going to keep his words to KS, he going to erase ET memories. And pity us the audience because base on this drama key concepts is those who remembers suffers most..  a week of waiting will be torturing 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, NRGchick said:

Late to the party but the new stills!

Won't be able to catch the episode live tonight but will definitely watch the raw episode before I pop in the thread. Hope there will be good surprises *ahem kiss* in tonight's episode and yes, please wrap up the eunuch arc by tonight... 

And my prayers are answered again! [too shy to put the gif. That was one passionate kiss! It was a surprise because where would there be fans on a rooftop helipad. LOL]

6T9lSD.png

EsAcjK.gif

• Like 22

5 minutes ago, janeeta said:

Hey guys, have any of you noticed my location?

<----------- :ph34r:

LOL how did you get there? nevermind I will just join you...I can hold her while you do the questioning :ph34r:

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, maryofbethany said:

@cristapark indeed. Kim GoEun and Gongyoo has this ablity to immersed themselves into the roles so well into Euntak and KimShin tha you actually forget that it is GoEun and Gongyoo acting.. you totally buy into the scene and believe it is really EunTak and KimShin loving each other a well deserving kiss, while each has this six senses that this kiss will part them real hard, thus both craved and dig hard into the moment to kiss the dear life out of the other... you can see Kim shin really buried and burrowed himself into Euntak.... its really a GongYoo's brand-kiss.... this is call excellent acting.

the vanished into thin air feels.... makes you felt the ability of Kim GoEun to swing from one end of sweet deep happiness in those sweet BBQ backhug moments to this 180 degree valleydeep... drown in sea-bed bottom, of her desperation and helplessness and heart shredding moments..  i guess there shouldnt be any deepest abyss than this that a young 20 yrs old can experienced and weathered, to be a widow eveb without a proper wedding as a bride.. to give her heart to have it rend into strips... Damned those famous Recap sites, if they are going to rant against Kim GoEun for this Her Best Scene in Whole drama.  Dramabeans, i am talking about you!!!!

well said! can't agree more!

Thanks to all the live re-cappers!  I told myself to calm down coz I know we'll see KS coming back to meet ET (thanks to all those spoilers), and LDW will meet Sunny still.  Although it's a goodbye kiss, but the tension & feels pushes it to the climax!  

I'm so glad the Evil Eunuch is out of the picture now, that means we can start fresh with 3 episodes of new development!!  I just hope there'll be more sweetness coming instead of bitterness like this evening.

• Like 18

It's almost the end of my shift. I'm going to buy beer and eat that unopened box of Lindor while I watch the raw later. These are needed! Then I need to wake up early to watch with subs and get depressed before I go to work. It somehow feels a little less depressing when I know I'm suffering with you guys. Ha!

• Like 10

40 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

I have my wine tonight , and marshmallows and cheesburger. 

So far the best episode .

@LyraYoo  I liverecapped with an empty stomach. Will rewatch tomorrow when my energy is restored...

Btw I really love your post about cinematography of Ep 9 (Sunny grabbing Wang Yeo's hand). To think of it, their scenes have this confined, restricted feel about them. Their two worlds that can't be merged?

Edited by selenette
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, makeuptemple said:

how do we join the chatroom.. could you link it pls. though i have not watched the new eps yet, I need to watch 2 new eps of LOB first.  LMH comes first. :tongue:

There's no chatroom yet, we're just thinking of making one for next week so Soompi doesn't sue us for crashing all of their servers.

5 minutes ago, selenette said:

@LyraYoo  I liverecapped with an empty stomach. Will rewatch tomorrow when my energy is restored...

Btw I really love your posts about cinematography of Ep 9 (Sunny grabbing Wang Yeo's hand). To think of it, their scenes have this confined, restricted feel about them. Their two worlds that can't be merged?

Exactly, after @LyraYoo mentioned I am noticing it repeatedly used when GR and Sunny are in the scene.

GR2.jpg

Spoiler

GR1.jpg

These two are my favorite framed scenes... Very beautiful and melancholic feel they give out.

KS1.jpg

• Like 12

@supergal99 Hmm yes, at least we hear that bittersweet "Goodbye, Your Majesty" and see how much he loves her both in the past and in the present?

Also, 3 episodes hopefully with a development regarding their relationship and where they're headed...

EDIT;

@staygold I love frames, they give us the impression that we take a look at a character's very personal, treasured moment (in both Wang Yeo's and the original Kim Sun's scenes that you posted), or trapped, confined sort of feeling (the WangSun scene). The traffic was bustling outside, the city lights were lit on, but in the restaurant it was dark and still. 

@LyraYoo  Yes, the bridge and its two open ends (yet another way to show that their two worlds are apart?), also...only in their second meeting in Ep 5 they met other people, their other scenes at the bridge feel so lonely.

Edited by selenette
Sorry staygold dear, I know you hate additional edits
  • Like 10

My WangSun ship...sinking...sinking..sinking.....ottoke???...Why did he not run after her?....

Ok I really have to have some faith in KES..she did give 2nd OTP in DOTs a happy ending too..Descendants_of_the_Sun-007.jpg

26 minutes ago, supergal99 said:

Omo...those sword scenes...:astonished:

But why the change in colour??

Blue - KS couldn't kill him with it...fire red - he could...coz of ET's touch?...GR's help?

23 minutes ago, janeeta said:

Hey guys, have any of you noticed my location?

<----------- :ph34r:

:lol:...good one!

P.S. As for chat room...i was thinking goal was to reach 1000 pages here, this way won't be possible...just saying

• Like 5