[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

50 minutes ago, carolinedl said:

Ha ha ha ha! This made me LOL! Unfortunately, I think we'll only see tongue once ET is a bit older... I don't think we'll see a proper kiss for these two while she is still 19. But I was disappointed by Sunny and GR's kiss!

@NRGchick Can I have some of your soju?.....

@vynenitsuga Yup, not having a good feeling about her. Maybe she helped the Eunuch disappear? Though she is a new GR (like it was mentioned at the beginning of the show)?

@carolinedl no..no..  our ET is adult now. didnt she passed 'that mid night' and she went drinking soju with her groom on her first adult-late night outing? so yeah... i felt i am watching Disney's takes on princess and goblin tales. the few kisses are so chaste and clean... hhahaha... tonight ET and KS kiss is back to a light sweet peck again... 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, carolinedl said:

@nearsea Yeah... I hear you. Frankly, I felt it was like that in DotS too, when at times the secondary couple took dominance over the show. I am hoping that they are focusing on KS/GR/Sunny's past because it will help KS and ET; don't you think? Anyway, I hope the focus will go back to KS and ET in the last episodes! I don't want the show to have to rush in order to create an end for their story... There seems to be so much left to tackle!...

i was discussing this drama with my friend and as i expected ep.11,12 focus on GR&Sunny story and KS knows GR identity

ep.13&14 'll focus on KS&GR relationship and the last 2 episodes 'll focus on KS story and his sword also his relationship with ET

• Like 10

16 minutes ago, vynenitsuga said:

so not all the josung saja lost the memories?? but, first time they met at the hospital, that girl not strange as now. but but but, at the end, kim ubin saja finally have his memory back through sunny, right? and share the memory to sunny as well, right? CMIIW.

They mention that other GR who ran away with his wife. The person he had to make cross over turned out to be his wife (while alive), he recognized her and they ran away. So it does happen. Maybe that female GR remembered? or she never forgot? or maybe she remembered her past life when she saw the Eunuch? or when she saw Sunny?

• Like 4

Just reached home and I envy you all for had so much fun TT TT

I am so left behind *start backreading 31 pages... and counting...there's no way I am gonna sleep tonight. 

Spoiler

@naritul it was you who sent me youtube video links right? Thank you so much... 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, maryofbethany said:

@carolinedl no..no..  our ET is adult now. didnt she passed 'that mid night' and she went drinking soju with her groom on her first adult-late night outing? so yeah... i felt i am watching Disney's takes on princess and goblin tales. the few kisses are so chaste and clean... hhahaha... tonight ET and KS kiss is back to a light sweet peck again... 

I'm sure the proper kiss 'll be in the last episode and ET 'll remember her love to KS after their kiss  :phew:

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Nymeria289 said:

Nope, he asked her to forget the painful memories she has because of his past actions and to hold onto the good ones she has with her brother and left. Her memories are intact.

OMG thank you so much for letting me know! <3

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dhia205 said:

i'm curious about the ending actually.. all this time when KS tell a story about his past moreover about WY, i always thought he understand that WY just a puppet who act according what park scholar said, but now he seems still mad and hold his resentment toward WY.

he even have WY name plat (i don't know what it call) in the temple, i think pray for decedent wasn't something that someone with grudge will do.... really waiting for next week will be longer this week :vicx:.

KS has prayed every year to meet the Queen and King but his reasons for wanting these meetings differed according to the person. He wanted to meet the Queen, his sister, because he loved her and wanted a chance to do better by her. He wanted to meet the King in order to have this very confrontation he's having with GR at the end of ep 12. It certainly wasn't meant to be a nice meeting, not with the amount of pain and rage (KS's word when describing his feelings towards the past) he's been carrying around. Also, understanding/knowing someone's mindset or motives or thought processes objectively doesn't mean a person on a personal level automatically forgives it or is okay with it.  I'm sure you can think of people in your personal life or in the context of history whose motives or thought process you could objectively reason out but personally had issues with or couldn't/shouldn't forgive? I certainly can, lol. Of course, I hope and pray KS forgives GR but this moment, this confrontation was deserved and a long time coming. Finally he can complete his approach to the King, it's what happens next that has me biting my nails. No matter what, KS must remember he needs GR to help him safeguard ET. He can't do it without the advance warning of a reaper and now that a second reaper might enter the fray with nefarious motives, KS needs GR's support more than ever.

Question: does GR actually remember or does he just objectively know he must be the King in this scenario?

• Like 13

15 minutes ago, maryofbethany said:

Oh I hear you... she is indeed an adult! I also want some steamy action!! But when those comments about the age difference came out, my first thought was: "Ok, there goes our kiss scenes...". But then we got some and I attributed that to the show being on tvN. But no tongue still...

@princess nour90 Your episode-time scenario does sound about right.

@shynaz Yeah, you are right; I am being greedy. I just wished it was paced a bit better...

@theseasasleep Yes! Very well said! Forgiveness is indeed a complicated matter...

GR and KS: I already thought so before, but this episode reinforced my previous thoughts: The King and KS are so much alike on many levels.

Ok... it is going to be hard to wait a week!... :cold_sweat:

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, alleram95 said:

Hmm the OST is quite loud and I can't really hear what he say.. But I think he said

"This dress has no owner. Is this the palanquin where you sleep? (?) Then, take it. It’s my order"

ET: So it was like this, an immortality life? Yoo Chairman will keep looking back (?) He will say 'My lord is such a sincere person'. That’s why the remaining people have to live harder. You can cry sometimes, but you have to smile often and be brave. That’s a manner (?) that should be done by people who is loved/ received love. Do you want to eat something warm?
KS: I’ll eat together with Deokhwa after I bring him home

DH: What should I do? I can’t even be a filial grandson to him. How can he go after making me feel sorry like this uncle? I’m feeling guilty towards grandfather, how should I do? What should I do? Now I am alone, what should I do?
KS: Why should you be lonely?
DH: Uncle
KS: Yes you have me. You can live with me. Don’t worry

Thank you so much @alleram95\

• Like 14

So today episode of JTBC's Knowing Brother with guest AOA they also mentioned Goblin there. One of the AOA member said she really like Gongyoo, then Hodong said, there's no Dokkaebi here, but Mokkaebi (eat-gabbi). And they put a CG on that AOA member and in the bottom it was saying "먹깨비 신부(Eatgabbi's Bride)" LOL. Goblin rule every station tv, even KBS (on 2 Days 1 Night) like out of nowhere, they also mentioning Goblin. The power of Goblin seriously LOL!!

• Like 17

2 hours ago, anipanch said:

oww what do I hear?? My bromance is going through hard times. But what I'm most positive about in  this drama is their relationship! They've grown very fond of each other and I'm sure KS won't hold grudges for long. Especially since I think that he has forgive King a long time ago. KS knows perfectly that his sister loved very much the King and he has also promised that he would protect Yeo :wub:

Chingu, dun worry ...fingers crossed , they will overcome this 

Hi chinggus.. a random lurker here..all this while I've been silent reading all the comments and loving it. First, let me say that apart from my love for weekend drama like The Gentleman of  Wolgyesu Tailor Shop, Goblin is one show that I could never stop watching.. I mean literally cant stop. Everyday, I repeatedly watch either the eps, or MV or even BTS. Goblin gets to the core of my heart and emotion.

Secondly, sorry to the avid DOTS and Marriage Contract fans, but I think Goblin makes me cry even more. I was crying over 3-4 boxes of tissues for these 2 series but Goblin..literally buckets and I have puffy eyes almost every day..every time KS looked lovingly but sad at ET, knowing his death is so near, I could feel his sorrow and cry, Every time ET looked at KS knowing he can disappear anytime, my heart breaks..and today..all the characters makes my heart and emotion fell to the very bottom..esp KS..now I really understand what is like to be him to live for 900 years, watching the people you love leave the world, bury them. I can understand the loneliness he felt (before this part of me was just wondering why must he suffered so much when he got to live while the rest don't). Now I know. I cannot imagine living in this world alone without our loved ones. I cannot imagine those who in war today, losing their family members right in front of their eyes. Just like Goblin. :dissapointed_relieved::bawling:

I salute all the four main characters esp Gong Yoo and Lee Dong Wook for their amazing performance..no man can make me cry so hard like they did today...I salute the writer, director, producer, music director (I love so much the sad humming music background)..the team is so daebak

I do hope for Happy Ending..please...

• Like 15

52 minutes ago, Nymeria289 said:

sorry for jumping the conversation, its hard back-reading 100s of pages, what fanfic?? Also, is there any shipper thread for our couple.

selentte wrote a version of GR Sunny kiss where Sunny remembers her past..here is the link..it turned out to be true

@Nymeria289

https://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/395162-goblin-short-fic/#comment-20298031

• Like 10

This episode. I have cried. 

Can someone explain me why they haven't released video of epilogue? If it's epilogue for 12th ep then why not to release? Or even if it's some sort of episode 13 preview, then it should be released as well?

• Like 7