[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

19 minutes ago, naritul said:

So, winter in korea but fall in canada?

Okaaay daepunim is kim shin.... someone mentioned that only GY and KGE that went shooting in canada.... 

I'll  give them a pass on that one as unfortunately the production crew does not have a goblin groom to change the weather and seasons as he pleases. They are just not as lucky as ET.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, loveka9 said:

I've to say, I'm pretty surprised by ET. I mean, the moment she turned adult, she drink alcohol, she kissed (yo go girl ^^) and the next morning she's doesn't have an hangover XD I presumed it was her first time to drink but she seems ok ... not like DH :sweatingbullets:

Remember... she is a Goblin Bride. She can do anything :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:

Happy New Year All 

1OANDN92C3_1.jpg

• Like 20

10 hours ago, Princi_86 said:

Count me in both dramas. But especially sageuk where Lee Dong Wook will play King. But please Goryeo era. Actually both GY and LDW should do sageuks. GY as a warrior and LDW as a king. Maybe movie and together?

@Princi_86  Sorry to cut your great post! Actually what about the 4 actors and actresses together, Gong Yoo, Lee Dong-wook, Kim Go-eun, and Yoo In-na. They'd look good together in sageuk! 

@hushhh  Please kindly tag me in your posts. I always read them, and even though I haven't responded (maybe my brain cells are tired LOL), and whether I agree or disagree with you, I always think that you voice your opinions concisely. 

• Like 12

Why the Grim Reaper age is just 300 year? He should be same age as KS because he's the King in previous life did he spent few hundred years in hell before become a Grim Reaper?

Btw Lee Dong Wook still looks so cool as a King + a beard :wub:

30 minutes ago, selenette said:

@hushhh  Please kindly tag me in your posts. I always read them, and even though I haven't responded (maybe my brain cells are tired LOL), and whether I agree or disagree with you, I always think that you voice your opinions concisely. 

@selenette LOL

Will do.

While I try not to be redundant, concise is not a virtue usually associated with me, so thank you. 

Please tag me in your post also.

I don't read as many post as I've done in other forums because this one goes so quickly and I'm prepping work and trying to recover from the Christmas flu.

Happy new year.

• Like 5

BWAAAAAAAAAAAH, happy new year chinguuuus!

Ep10 was a real treat! COME ON the "rescue" scene again. I can't stop smiling from ear-to-ear, and their laughs are so easily smitten. Gosh. On a serious note, nice to finally see the past story progress, sweet scene when KS tells his story and both of them listen in silence. Just love how GR really appreciates and values KS, so he actually tells him. I REALLY love how the drama is not about "betraying each other by keeping everything secret". (Apart from the whole dokkaebi shinbu-ending, but that doesn't count). 

The writer, producers and the crew in general. I really hope more dramas like these are made, and that it doesn't take so long before we see Gong Yoo on screen again. Same with LDW :heart:

Happy neew year once again :)

• Like 22

12 hours ago, SunnySun26 said:

Deokhwa's character is interesting, I can't wait for big revelation of his character.

Calling it now. There will be a scene of Deokhwa as a grandpa and Red Goddess as a teen crossing paths

Edited by LyraYoo
please do not quote images - moderator
  • Like 10

After watching episode 8 and 9, I have come to a conclusion that everything that is happening is probably meant to be. I am not familiar with reincarnation so I have been wondering. 

1. What if "Sunny " is the first time being Reincarnated?

2. What if "Sunny" being around means it is time to put things right'?

3. Why has GR " Wang Yeon" finally made his appearance?

4. Why is Now they chose to bring these three or four fated souls together?

5.  Is Kim Shin ready to forgive the king????

6. Why is fate or deity  so determined to be ironic?

We the viewers seen the butterfly three times in this drama. What is his/her purpose? The lady in red warned KS about what's to come, the butterfly saved ET, Death wants to take ET. Who is right in choosing who gets to live or die? The Butterfly made the Goblin. The butterfly saved ET. Lady in red want ET to live. ET's mother friend had an important job, to show ET where the money ET's mother saved for her daughter. ET's mother loved her daughter so much and the Goblin reallllly loves ET. Want to be with her, love her and stay by her side. Even GR cares for Eun Tak and is on her side: 

• Like 16

@

itzibitzispider

ahhh okay im now conviced he's the king lol. 

Now what im curious about is, that secretary of the old Chairman who always follows Deok Hwa must be the reincarnation of the Eunuch who killed the previous kings right. Why would Kim Shin hep raise and paid for the tuition fees of the reincarnatation when he's suppose to have at least some grudge of the man who influenced the king to kill him and his family...

• Like 4

@theseasasleep Thank you for tagging me!! I loved loved reading the tumblr link you shared!! I am impressed by the snow analogy! I looked at it from color symbolism and there too it means the same!! The dominant white color in those scenes stands for a new beginning and wiping the slate clean.

Negative symbolism of white: cold, isolation, emptiness. That is what ET must have been feeling when she first arrived at the mountain.

Positive aspect: New beginning. A blank canvas waiting to be written on!!

I also agree that at this point in the story KS seems sincere towards his King. I can't put it any better than you already have!! Even if I believe that the King wanted to save KS's life by sending him away I doubt if KS saw any meaning in such a life. Away from his sister and his people and away from the King. He stepped ahead knowing it was a lost cause! Next week I hope we get a clearer and more complete view of the courtyard scene. There are so many questions left!

The KS earlier said he was the King's clothes/armor. They will need to show us more of that next week. The only closeness we could see this week was that KS saw the King peaking across his (KS's) courtyard. Their relation seemed very formal and business like. Nothing close to the bromance we are shown in present times. 

@hushhh I enjoy reading your posts!! Your notes the mother in bus accident, class president and secretary(another post) are insightful!! But those three bullets at the end of your post are killing me!! 

Now that KES seems to have chosen the simplest option for Queen-King story (I still want to believe I am being fooled by the writer!! She has been so good in this drama!!) where do we go from here? 

• Like 21

@hushhh  Will be waiting for the tag! Have a great day!

@shiraru Greetings! I just want you to know that I love those Deok-hwa related posts although I'm still on the fence whether he is a deity or mere mortal, or mere mortal who is used as a deity's vessel from time to time... 

@staygold Thanks for pointing out that Deok-hwa is the only character in the poster who stares at something in the distance. At first I thought this is just styling convenience, but maybe there's something more (this character is unique, etc etc).

If Deok-hwa is a deity, or part deity, or anything, I'd rather think it comes from his long line of Yoo clan, because the Goryeo little boy was the first person Kim Shin rescued from a life and death situation (drowning at sea).

@bebebisous33  We have found the cherry blossom and its connection to the 4 characters, but we're yet to find out whether the flowers on the mysterious jade ring were only cherry blossoms, or cherry blossoms and magnolia as we once posited.

Edited by selenette
  • Like 12

a couple of pages back I saw someone talking about RAW links for goblin. I tried going back but can't find the exact page so I can't tag... 
May I ask for those links too?  Thank you! :sweatingbullets:

also wanted to wish everyone here a Happy New Year! It's still the 31st for me but I wanted to thank you all for all the fun in this thread! :heart:

• Like 9