[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

Woahhhhh @packmule3 how did you do that??? I thought my lurking abilities were the best in town. Hehehe. And yeah, I lurrrve reading all your insightful posts here. I have a thing for wall of texts, @phikyl knows it. LoL. I even told her to tell me when you post here, so that i dont miss it coz yeah, this thread moves at an ultra speed that is difficult to keep up with. 

Even here i think, we have a difference of opinion. I believe GR is the king for whatever reasons unknown even to me. Lol. Its just a gut feeling i have. And most of the time i end up being wrong (re: R88). But atleast here i won't end up having my heart broken into millions of pieces. 

I also appreciate all others who post awesome theories and analyses here. You people never fail to blew my mind away. And a special thanks to everyone who keeps posting wonderful LDW gifs. LOL. He is my new oppa crush. :wub:

• Like 9

25 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I agree with you. He can never be too late. Either he was told to appear at that time and he was sent intentionally late or they were supposed to have just died, when he appeared. Yet, when the goblin appeared, we saw that the goblin brought her back from the death or did I see it wrong? ET's mother might have passed out.  I'm not sure that he can bring folks back from the dead. I'm more curious how ET's mom got to a safe place before the  Grim Weeper showed up. Yet the goddess was not sure if the goblin would rescue them or not! Free will, I guess.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, chibimidori said:

It's Friday..

It's Goblin Day..

and It's my birthday.. Yeay to me.. :wub:

I wish for Goblin for my birthday and i eat subway to summon him..

and soon he'll come..

Life is indeed beautiful...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR CHINGU!!! I WISH YOU HEALTHY, HAPPY AND LIVE A LONG LIFE :wub:  

• Like 6

30 minutes before new episode...Im ready with the cholcolate and coke in here:blush:

I also make sure my handphone battery is full..I just keep quiet to read live recap in here.Thanks so much...

Finally it will episode 9 today:heart:

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, chibimidori said:

It's Friday..

It's Goblin Day..

and soon he'll come..

Happy birthday to u...i hope your wish come true..Amin:wub:

This is for you...FB_IMG_1483093610432.jpg

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, valzki said:

More BTS. Sorry if this was posted before

Ahh, I love how Goeun is so comfortable with Gong Yoo :tears: It definitely affects the results in the otp scenes :wub: Thank you for posting. ^^ 30 min to go!! :tears:

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, chibimidori said:

It's Friday..

It's Goblin Day..

and soon he'll come..

@chibimidori

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! ^-^ 

Mine is ~tomorrow, lol.. Dec31st. 

Can I get more WY/KS cuuteness, pretty please Kdrama-powers-that-be? 

tumblr_ohtonlCqpN1uyj3ieo1_1280.jpg

• Like 15

@naritul Your post made me smile. happy white cloud So I guess, I should tag you more often!!  leaf

Back to your question: So far as I know, a king in Goreyo married among his own family. Remember Moon Lovers. When I mentioned concubine, I meant that Kim Sun was not supposed to be his first wife. If we think about Moon lovers, Yeon Hwa was the sister of Wang So and she often refused to marry her brother Wang Yoo because he was already married. She would have become his third wife and would not have been entitled to become the Queen. She wanted to be the first wife in order to become Queen. So back to our goblin: Wang Yeo might have decided to marry Kim Sun because he loved her, well aware that his decision would go against his own family, since he was supposed to marry someone from his own family. He refused. We all thought that it was his jealousy that pushed him to have KS killed because he listened to his evil minister. Thanks to @Princi_86, we got this new perspective that the King's actions were legitimate to protect his wife KS, the Queen and he never listened to his ministers.  In fact, he was surrounded by ministers who could have been supported by other royal family members. All this made me think a little further: in ML, we witnessed how the princes would fight against each other because of the king's seat. Maybe the king's dilemna was: he had to choose between love and power but decided, he didn't want to give up anything. He was not willing to sacrify anything and thought, he didn't have to choose between love or the seat.

book smileySo my theory is: He became king with the support of certain family members but as soon as he got king, he decided to marry KS and making her his Queen... he must have broken many promises by doing so so that the people he had deceived decided to tarnish the Queen's reputation through her brother. They wanted to realise what the king had promised. In Goreyo, the clans were really important. Yet Kim Shin didn't seem to have any royal blood (marriage).

Because of that, I was wondering which king from Goryeo KES used as historical basis and tried to look into it. So I found this king. From the age of his death, this would fit: 36 years!! 

Seongjong of Goryeo (15 January 961 - 29 November 997) (r. 981–997) was the sixth ruler of the medieval Korean kingdom of Goryeo. (wikipedia)

But I know that Wikipedia is not really reliable. so if anyone could us more info and tag me, I would be really happy about it.

Anyway... since Kim Sun died and her brother was declared a traitor, his marriage to her would have been erased from the records as well.

This would be very interesting because we would have a similar conflict like in Moon Lovers in Goblin: love or power? Then like I mentioned it before, people are confronted with the same dilemna from the past: should GR give up his 300 years old career as GR for love or will he try to keep both?

All this leads me to think that the king's biggest flaw might have not been his jealousy (he is in fact misunderstood by KS) but his selfishness and greed!

@triplem @selenette @staygold @ucylucy @papulichan@hushhh @ez_yan @packmule3 @sakura2016 @Jloves @i.am.bugz.funny @theseasasleep(here is my first post about the true intention of the king)

Tell me what you think!!

• Like 15