[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

7 hours ago, jellybellymonster said:

@itzibitzispider DramaFever has the subs out? I've been refreshing it and still no episode 7! Not fair! 

I've resorted to watching some parts of the ep at the usual sites because waiting for DF subs is not good for my patience. 

Are we going to get an ep tomorrow? It's Christmas eve but I'd want my hour or so of Goblin! 

LMAO I feel ya

Edited by LyraYoo
Please do not quote images
  • Like 6

If secretary kim is a bad person,  i think thats not a big deal since the enemy is the goblin.  but i feel like secretary kim is not a bad person coz the old servant say "because of you some people in the past were able to turn a new leaf,  wouldnt it be nice if they were to benefit from a strange buy beautiful stroke of luck or a miracle" and after that we showed secretary kim's scene. i just hope secretary kim is the reincarnation of the comrade who stab kim shin in the past, just hope

• Like 9

First of all, thank you @packmule3 and everyone else for all your analyses. I love them [even when I disagree :)

I haven't had time to backread the thread yet so I apologize if this has already been posted but I wanted to give my two cents on what I think Shin meant with his last lines in episode 7. 

For the Oracle part:

I think a part of Shin was doubting the existence of the bride still; even with ET right in front of him. He was still doubting that a bride existed to pull the sword out because she couldn't touch it at first, but that line is him accepting that what the Oracle said is true; the bride is real and she can pull out the sword and return him to ashes.

To me, the immortal life vs her face part is what we've been witnessing in the previous episodes [this last one specifically]:

Since ET appeared, Shin has been doubting his decision to have her pull out the sword [and thereby ending his life by returning him to "ashes"]. I think it means that, at that moment, he realized what was making him hesitate.

Before, he wasn't sure whether he was just unwilling to give up his immortality and powers or if he was actually hesitating because of his growing feelings for Eun Tak. But at that moment, he figured it out. 

He's not hesitating on giving up his immortality, he's hesitating on giving her up. She's the reason he's not looking forward to the sword being pulled out anymore. And the previous scene proves it...

Shin would never not in a million years purposely push ET like that. He may be downright petty sometimes but that kind of reaction is not something that he would do purposefully. That was reflex from him, to keep her from pulling the sword out. 

As much as he kept badgering ET to pull it out asap, when it comes down to it, he's not ready. He's not ready to give up on life, not ready to leave her to her "bright" future that he saw [without himself] and not ready to die. 

And was anyone else enjoying the reversal in this episode of Shin giving ET what she's been asking for from day one and ET not understanding?

2 hours ago, azuri said:

So sorry to cut your post. but... OMG! THIS! @millie10468 I too am wondering why that Secretary Kim was outside the house wondering about KS. Like it foreshadows something...Maybe like you said... the evil eunuch. :crazy: Cause so far the evil guy is not yet featured....:sweatingbullets: 

OMG!!! I THINK THE EUNUCH AND SECRETARY KIM ARE THE SAME PERSON!!!! it is definitely the same actor!!! am I crazy??

goblin1-00203.jpg

Captura_de_pantalla_2016_12_24_a_las_1_1

• Like 9

50 minutes ago, Mico Ricco said:

so we will need boxes of tissues to wipe our tears for episode 8. :(

apparentely chingu!! :( 

37 minutes ago, RobinM said:

Explain the preview and why it is so sad... do not get! 

in the preview we see Kim Shin, Grim Reaper and Eun Tak in tears which is sad in and of itself!! :( and we have Eun Tak being happy telling Kim Shin that she's really his bride after and that they are fatd which is heartbreaking knowing what being his bride means but she's not aware of it yet and it makes Kim Shin heartbroken!! and we have Grim Reaper wondering who is the Queen to him and guessing that she's from his past and he told Kim Shin about it which means trouble and heartbreak for their starting friendship and Kim Shin was saying "I'm asking the sky/heaven's approval to confess my love" which we don't know if it's his diary or poet or his own words but it's sad nevertheles!! :( hope that helped!! :) 

cr: as tagged

:love: 

cr:  dramafreak_kpop

:tears: 

• Like 14

4 hours ago, littleloony said:

I may be way off but I can't help it but share my idea on the sword pulling business------When I compare the last scene with the first, I feel like Euntak could hold the sword and also pull it in the last scene maybe because she really, earnestly wanted to end the pain that KS was obviously suffering. May be it works that way.....that she has to sincerely want to help the Goblin be at peace/ end his pain. In the first case both of them pretty much cared for each other.....it may not be heart stopping love, but their feelings for each other were genuine...... but the degree to which they felt, especially ET seems to be different in the two cases. Secondly, she was treating it as a duty when she tried to pull out the sword the first time but was genuinely concerned about ending the tremendous pain that KS was suffering in the second instance. So it could be that the Goblin and his bride need to truly love each other and the bride has to really want to end his suffering for it work out....so that she can pull out the sword.

BTW......I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS EP AS WELL :blush::heart:

@littleloony  hi, Dear all Brides, and Grooms.
back to my little Brides and Grooms talks.
littleloony, (loved your Pride and Prejudice contact pic. P&P is still my most Fav literature. Goblin is a little like our Darcy, pride and aloof in the beginning, while ET is our sassy bold unique Elisa.
 “Till this moment I never knew myself.” ― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
Lizzy does not know herself, until the tail end chapters of novel then she realised how much she was meant to her, and how hopelessness unhappy she was when she found herself, might be undeserving him. i loved it that ET was compared to Jane Eyre, as our Jane Eyre Experts so beautifully expounds. for me, i loved Lizzy so much, that i almost keep seeing Lizzy in some of the female characters that i loved. Arrogance and Pride and Coolness (with some age) of KS is a little like Darcy though. but i guess, the mid portion of P&P where Darcy went extra means to take hidden cares, silently for Lizzy, is very heart-warming, just like KS did. 
i loved his last confession to lIzzy: "By you, I was properly humbled. I came to you without a doubt of my reception. You showed me how insufficient were all my pretensions to please a woman worthy of being pleased."
for ages of self indulgence in classy high ends living, and sensible usage of time appreciating Art / Music / Literature... in tastes, class, education, wealth, he was a like a Victorian Chaebol, nothing in wants, nothing lacking. proud and errogance becometh him. while his heart is kind, only being understood by his close friend (Deok-hwa's grandfather). while ET is not that close to being Lizzy, i found KS is more of a Darcy. not in wants of a wife, very self-sufficient, very 'zero' in EQ, lacking in social skills and Etiquette, which ET can put him in his place.
when taunted, asked to be bound in a social class to 'duty, honor, gratitude", Lizzy is not, will not, she refuted: "
"Neither duty, nor honour, nor gratitude,.... have any possible claim on me."
i loved it, that between ET and KS, they are equals. Lizzy will not be bound by Duty, honours, gratitude, so will ET see herself as not bound by duty, honor, gratitude as the world wants, she will jsut want to be a Bride because she loved him as a bride. as simple as that.

i will stand by your scenario that the Goblin must love her ET as a Groom loving his Bride, and She ET embraced her identity as the Bride loving her Groom. 'when He fulfilled his identity as a Groom. and Her as acknowledging him as her Groom. then the Bride is not just a Tool, but really a Bride. in Kim Eunsook stories, there are lots of 'fairy tales' scenario, even Secret Garden has traces of fairy tales, her older dramas Lovers in Paris, is a complete modern day Cinderella. and This Goblin is like a Beauty and Beast, or whatsoever you deem fit.
so, the One-True-Love- element must be there, to make magic works. else, just like Enchanted where Amy Adams found her Prince but he's not her OTP, his kiss doesnt work. why our Goblin OTP first kiss does not work, i guess, it is because both loved in their heart, but still deep in denial, self-denial that they loved each other.
until they faced their heart boldly, and acknowledged to themselves, surrender to their own hearts, they cannot officially become the Bride and the Groom, (aka the Bride and the Goblin).

@122am welcome to Goblin-land! " jealousy did help a lot for KS to fully realize his feelings! I wonder if it's true in real life too, jealousy as a tool to realize true love. " indeed, jealousy is a slight open door to be your loved one peep inside the cold-hard door, and see your heart thumping ! jealous make you off-guard and do stupid silly things that tell tales of your being helplessly head over heels for him/her. so jealousy is good sometimes for Darcy-figure proud-dsereved people like KS.

calling all lurkings fans of goblins and reapers, and all new jsut unlurked soompi members here, time to unlurks for good, and officiallly be a Bride.or a Immortals (whatsoever we call ourselves)

• Like 16

I'm new!

Finally, I found a place where I can discuss my latest drama obsession Goblin! :) Hi everyone!

I have a couple of questions.

1. What did KS write in ET's book of poems? The words in red? The subs did not cover it...

2. Did anyone realize that GR ultimately allowed KS to sleep in his room in the previous episode? Even though he told him initially to sleep in the living room. I just thought that is one of many clues that they are having a true friendship :)

Lastly... jealousy did help a lot for KS to fully realize his feelings! I wonder if it's true in real life too, jealousy as a tool to realize true love. :wub:

• Like 11

Hey all, 

I really loved episode 7. Actually, I really love Wookie in this role. It shows off all his skills. His ability to make us laugh, his ability to make us sad, just his acting in general. If episode 3 had been my favourite, together with his parody in episode 2, and episode 4 had been a major disappointment, this episode had made up for it.

I think his crying scene will be my most favourite scene of his to date, out of all his dramas. If you compare with the last scene with the cars and the fire and special effects of Gong Yoo, he didn't need all the special effects, he went into himself and drew out the tears from somewhere deep and that really is true acting. Also, I was shocked at how amazingly handsome and beautiful he was on the screen. There was a moment he was so beautiful, really, it was almost spiritual...I don't know how to explain myself haha and find the right words. I have played that scene again and again as I love it so much. That scene is movie worthy, not what you would expect in a normal drama.

Actually what I am interested in as well, is how much the writer had changed the part since he agreed to join the role. Was it they didn't have a sunny role before and made it because he joined? Did she add more dark humour lines because she knew that he could deliver them well? There is very few actors who can be so comical while so deep, he is just so talented. I love him!

Actually, Princi, I feel you that he doesn't get enough promotion or effects from his own company. I wish he would change agencies to Gong Yoo's agency. But, I guess life was not suppose to be fair. Having immense talent or trying your hardest does not equal success, I have learnt that myself especially this year. And it turns out that people who are really lucky just keep getting luckier and luckier like the Gong Yoos and Lee Min Hos in our life, that is just the reality of life. However, Wookie never stopped trying, even though he has a crappy company, even though the odds were against him, I thought he would quit and he was losing his popularity and going for a second lead role, I think it's because he has a big heart and a big dream to touch people through his works. Sometimes, I wonder if he is also doing this for his fans, that he wants to be the best actor he can be and sacrifice enough of himself before he gets married and has children....

Anyways, I hope more people will begin to fall in love with him, especially after a performance like that, I saw it was liked a lot on instagram.

• Like 12

Lee Seon-gyoon sends a snack cart to Goblin set

photo799037.jpg

On the 22nd, actor Lee Seon-gyoon sent a snack cart under his name. He sent a banner with Gong Yoo and Kim Go-eun-I's picture and a comment saying "I am cheering Eun-tak and Gobi's Goblin. -Actor Lee Seon-gyoon".

He also added a cute comment using one of the line from the drama, "Only the Goblin staffs will eat the Topokki, and once you eat Topokki, you will return to nothing and experience comfort".

To the senior actor Lee Seon-gyoon, both Gong Yoo and Kim Go-eun-I is a precious junior actor/actresses. In 2007, Lee Seon-gyoon acted together with Gong Yoo in the drama "Coffee Prince", and last year, he acted together with Kim Go-eun-I in a movie "The Advocate : A missing body". So, to cheer for the two juniors, he so graciously sent his love through the snack cart.

The Drama "Goblin" starring the two stars is getting more intense as the story is progressing. So, tune in!

http://www.hancinema.net/lee-seon-gyoon-sends-a-snack-cart-to-goblin-set-101782.html

• Like 21

I avoided read this thread from last night so that I could immersed more when I watched episode 7.. And I'm falling in love more and more to this drama... I know there will be much more angst and sad revelations, but wish it will turn out well in the end..happy ending, please..for both couple.. KS-ET and GR-Sunny... Gong Yoo and Lee Dong Wook as Goblin and Grim Reapper are perfection, perfect comby... I felt emotional to saw GR crying scene, how sad you might feel for someone to cry sadly like that, moreover someone who is amnesiac... Imagine you felt sad and pain but don't know why..

• Like 9

I know it is an insane plot but what if the scene when queen & king first met, the queen prepared for wedding with the general aka kim shin. Later king (maybe that time he still a prince or already a king) stole kim shin bride to be. As far as i know if a girl prepare a royal wedding she trained in palace with palace maid.

• Like 3

I was laughing so much when they were in the movie theater. HAHA so funny. I want to see the behind the scenes so badly now. The scene with ET getting into the bus and having a bus accident, did they skip it or will they show it tomorrow? I kept re-watching todays episode but that scene wasn't there.

• Like 8

I really love that song, "Meet Him Among Them".

Although Eun-tak sang it in a scene with Kim Shin, the lyrics resonate well with The Reaper and Sunny's, or rather, with The King and The Queen's story, too.

Essentially, the song is about one's regret after the end of love. Ep 7 shows the King's first meeting with his Queen-to-be, and I think it was love at first sight for both of them, hence the heartwrenching pain later for the Reaper (as beautifully put by @LyraYoo and @bebebisous33 )

Allow me to bold some parts of the lyrics (the popgasa translation, as kindly posted by @uglypearl... hello, it feels so good to meet you again!).

I thought I never hoped for a grand destiny
But after you left, the only thing that can fill up my days is destiny

I met you among the people who were as numerous as the stars
As if I was dreaming, we recognized each other
I used to be overwhelmed just by giving love but I received love too
Everything was a miracle

It just seems like yesterday when I was confident that I became an adult
But I can’t let go of you, like a child

I met you among the people who were as numerous as the stars
As if I was dreaming, we recognized each other
I used to be overwhelmed just by giving love but I received love too
Everything was a miracle

You used to call me like a flower, with my name blooming on your lips
But now it’s just one of the many names
Just like everything of me, which used to be all of your reasons

We met among the people who were as numerous as the stars
Fell in love and grew apart again
Even if time passes, we might meet again
If our love was destiny
If I was your miracle

----------

KUDOS to the music director for choosing such a beautiful song that echoes the entire drama's storyline.

Calling @Princi_86 @joyezz @Chi Le @MaysoonD , @skinnerbox  ,   @Chellsee, @triplem @ireumimolla

Edited by selenette
Sorry @uglypearl dear, I had to rearrange the post
  • Like 18

What an episode!! Especially the ending. DAEBAKKK!!

1. -          GR/KWB is the King

2. -          SN is the Queen and KS’s sister

3. -          The Secretary acts suspiciously

4. -          The Red Lady is the landlord for one of the GR Squad member

• Like 19

14 minutes ago, gutibear said:

What an episode!! Especially the ending. DAEBAKKK!!

1. -          GR/KWB is the King

2. -          SN is the Queen and KS’s sister

3. -          The Secretary acts suspiciously

4. -          The Red Lady is the landlord for one of the GR Squad member

Ya, the secretary. Because so far, there's no someone who is so rude in this drama. They are all nice person :blink:. And I'm sure that ET is KS first love. LIke he wrote in ET book

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, gutibear said:

-          SN is the Queen and KS’s sister

Are you certain about this? I don't see any scene that confirm this :blink:

OMG! The last scene more cool than Twilight's Edward save Bella from car crash scene! (no offence to Twilight fans that's what I feel) :heart: