[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

Love reading @packmule3 @hushhh @nearsea's insight.

Spoiler

Bring back the R88 memory about the husband game hunting, but here we're doing the king&queen game, but thanks God, people in this thread is not as "aggressive" as people in R88 thread back then hehehe xD

59 minutes ago, dramoron said:

Finally... We got TaeBi reunion in one screen together :bawling::bawling::bawling:  Though i expect more than this... 

Ah, I just remember they acted together on drama School 2015

27 minutes ago, Princi_86 said:

Guys, Here is accurate translation of text preview. Accurate because some by Korean who's English teacher. 

Luckily Shin catches Eun tak. Seeing Euntak shed tears of relief evokes a far greater pain that is uncomparable to the pain of the sword.

Meanwhile the grim reaper feels a deep longing for the woman in the picture, and dukhwa makes a shocking revelation that makes the grimm reaper surprised.

And Euntak's encounter with death! Will she be able to make it?

Could not wait for episode 8 which is like 1 hour away now x-x

• Like 6

Guest ktiminie
13 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

anyone knows whic is dis song - ipuni ipuni.. that plays when goblin holds et's hand n runs from bus stop to university for exm in ep 7

same song played in cafe in last ep when sunny took GR for coffee and asked name

This is the last OST :)

13 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

anyone knows whic is dis song - ipuni ipuni.. that plays when goblin holds et's hand n runs from bus stop to university for exm in ep 7

same song played in cafe in last ep when sunny took GR for coffee and asked name

I believe it's Part 5 OST : Eddy Kim - You are so beautiful

Someone posted few pages back, but here the link on youtube

• Like 6

Hello Chinguyaaaas! 

I feel like a zombie now while doing my Christmas tasks. I only had around 3 hours of sleep because I felt my phone buzz that DramaFever has uploaded subbed ep 7. That was around 7AM at my side of the globe! Their subs always drive me batty because of slang and typos and sometimes it just doesn't flow well. VIU is the fastest and IMO the most complete of the lot when I checked the ripped srt files but I have to do with DF because it's the easiest for me to remove the geolock and I'm subscribed. 

The DF slang/trans for DH dialogue under spoiler is annoying... 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20161224_174929.png

1482504801.gif

The Red Lady honestly scares me (but I do covet her red coats because it's my favorite color). We still do not know her MO and her identity. She's just a passive observer right now but she holds all the knowledge of their past lives and maybe their fates as well.  Dunno if she'll take an active role later on. 

I noticed that Sunny looks sooo bored before and she seems to have more life and excitement now that GR has arrived. Maybe her ennui stems from waiting for several lifetimes to meet him again. It's so sad if they meet up only to tragically end again. I hope this is not the case, KES. Please. 

I'm just finishing my BR (LOL I'm a PPL success story) and driving home. Hope to make it in time to recap. 

See you all in a bit! 

• Like 12

8 hours ago, Puppywookie said:

Hey all, 

I really loved episode 7. Actually, I really love Wookie in this role. It shows off all his skills. His ability to make us laugh, his ability to make us sad, just his acting in general. If episode 3 had been my favourite, together with his parody in episode 2, and episode 4 had been a major disappointment, this episode had made up for it.

I think his crying scene will be my most favourite scene of his to date, out of all his dramas. If you compare with the last scene with the cars and the fire and special effects of Gong Yoo, he didn't need all the special effects, he went into himself and drew out the tears from somewhere deep and that really is true acting. Also, I was shocked at how amazingly handsome and beautiful he was on the screen. There was a moment he was so beautiful, really, it was almost spiritual...I don't know how to explain myself haha and find the right words. I have played that scene again and again as I love it so much. That scene is movie worthy, not what you would expect in a normal drama.

Actually what I am interested in as well, is how much the writer had changed the part since he agreed to join the role. Was it they didn't have a sunny role before and made it because he joined? Did she add more dark humour lines because she knew that he could deliver them well? There is very few actors who can be so comical while so deep, he is just so talented. I love him!

Actually, Princi, I feel you that he doesn't get enough promotion or effects from his own company. I wish he would change agencies to Gong Yoo's agency. But, I guess life was not suppose to be fair. Having immense talent or trying your hardest does not equal success, I have learnt that myself especially this year. And it turns out that people who are really lucky just keep getting luckier and luckier like the Gong Yoos and Lee Min Hos in our life, that is just the reality of life. However, Wookie never stopped trying, even though he has a crappy company, even though the odds were against him, I thought he would quit and he was losing his popularity and going for a second lead role, I think it's because he has a big heart and a big dream to touch people through his works. Sometimes, I wonder if he is also doing this for his fans, that he wants to be the best actor he can be and sacrifice enough of himself before he gets married and has children....

Anyways, I hope more people will begin to fall in love with him, especially after a performance like that, I saw it was liked a lot on instagram.

i know you're big fan of LDW but please stop dragging GY name in your comments and comparing between GY&LDW , i notice that in many LDW fans here or in other pages , we GY fans aren't doing that so please just like and love LDW scenes without dragging GY name and compare them plus gong yoo is known for his emotional scenes without any effects even in his last stupid drama Big and you can't compare between 2 different scenes and say which better.

About luck, for me i don't believe in fate or luck it depends only on choice either agency or actor himself and i think once actor break his comfort zone he'll shine and that's what happened with LDW in this role he chose to be 2nd lead for the first time in his career but he shines here more than his previous roles and it'll give him more chance and more choices to play different roles and shine more and more ,

And that happened with GY before he challenges himself and challenges his own fans and choose roles completely different from his own image so he succeed and became A-list star in Korea . i think movies give more chances to actors to show different sides in his acting although competing with big names in K- movies is so difficult. for me the real acting in movies not dramas. 

About agency i hope LDW choose another agency too i think they aren't professional with actors unlike soop management "GY agency"

they've many big names and can promote them well like "Jeon Do Yeon, Gong Yoo, Gong Hyo Jin , Jung Yumi, Nam Ji Hyun from  Shopaholic Louis

finally i wish the best for all actors actresses in this drama they did their best and deserve success and don't forget GY&LDW are friends in real life so let us be friends too and not compare& fight who is better of course each fan find his beloved actor the best  :phew:

• Like 16

The going might be a little tough today. Stream's lagging a bit which doesn't bode well for when the episode actually starts. Regardless, I'll try my best till I can't anymore and then I'll rely on the our awesome recappers :)

Episode starts (A bit early today, meaning a lot of recapping...) Wait, it's not a new episode??? Nope, it's just a lot of recapping. Since the opening sequence has already played, we'll probably just go directly into the new episode at some point. Hope I don't miss it :sweatingbullets:

• Like 10

'Goblin' reaches their highest rating of 15.5%

201612240811771453_585daff45efec_99_20161224081607.jpg

1. [+1030, -39]  It'd be even weirder if they didn't get at least 13%... everyone around me is only talking about Goblin and Gong Yoo...

2. [+727, -28] At this rate tvn might take #1 in ratings for this time slot

3. [+678, -21]  On a good, bad and average day, I like Gongblin

4. [+577, -22]  It's fun!!  Hope it goes up even more!  Can't wait for today's ep too

5. [+403, -19]  As expected of God-blin it's so freaking fun

6. [+88, -15]  Everyone around me is talking about Goblin... It'd be higher if more people had tvn so that's too bad, it's so much fun

7. [+69, -12]  To be honest, just from how people talk about it around me, shouldn't the ratings be at least over 25%, it's weird that it's not

8. [+70, -13]  I think Goblin's the first drama that is still fresh and fun to watch even if you replay it 3x ㅎㅎㅎ Gong Yoo and Kim Goeun's chemistry is jjang

9. [+87, -19]  If this was on public broadcast I bet it'd beat DOTS

10. [+69, -13]  Goblin, hit daebak... Gong Yoo fighting

i'm so happy Goblin is popular in Korea i think if it was in public channel it would reach 20:25% GOBLIN FIGHTING :blush:
  • Like 20

26 minutes ago, jellybellymonster said:

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20161224_174929.png

The Red Lady honestly scares me (but I do covet her red coats because it's my favorite color). We still do not know her MO and her identity. She's just a passive observer right now but she holds all the knowledge of their past lives and maybe their fates as well.  Dunno if she'll take an active role later on. 

I noticed that Sunny looks sooo bored before and she seems to have more life and excitement now that GR has arrived. Maybe her ennui stems from waiting for several lifetimes to meet him again. It's so sad if they meet up only to tragically end again. I hope this is not the case, KES. Please. 

I'm just finishing my BR (LOL I'm a PPL success story) and driving home. Hope to make it in time to recap. 

See you all in a bit! 

I read somewhere the red lady is goddess of fate:sweatingbullets:

• Like 7

Reporting for recap duty! LOL at my driving to get home before the episode. Please do not try this.

Hi chinguyaaaa @millie10468 ! Mine is acting up! I had to switch to SD because even the danged commercials are lagging in HD. Let's hope our connection holds up. 

Chinguyaaaaa @naritul are you there?

Replay of episode 7 is about to end. Just a few more minutes.

• Like 9

12 hours ago, happypuppy said:

I didnot have a chance to back read all of the comments. Does somebody notice the difference of the sword?

sword that JeT failed to draw is the sword which KE used for daily basis (playing around with GR/DH or with JET in quebec-the water fountain). This sword has brown handle

the sword that JET can draw now, got so many bloods on the handle, exactly the same one like the sword used to kill KS.

so my theory is that the REAL SWORD itself appear when KS' true love level is boiling enough that the sword 'decides' to resurface

Had not noticed there were two different swords until you pointed out. Thank you Chingu :>

So now I understand. No one can get prepared for one's death, neither can Dokkaebi. Death (just of his status quo as dokkaebi , hopefully I can say so) will only come at the time he is the most not ready, not prepared. The real bloody sword on his chest is really a punishment, in the sense that at the time his heart is deeply touched by love and happiness, it also causes him the most painful and hurting by the sword on his chest...(the first love, big heartbeats and heart attack scene at epi 5's beginning; and now epi 7's ending), OMG it's such a heartbreaking fate, how pitiful KS has been TT TT

Because Shin was bad having caused hundred of deaths on his bloody sword, because Shin was miserable having been mistreated by his most unexpected friend - the King, because Shin has been good and doing good things with his soft heart so far, because 938 years of the curse are more than enough, I really hope that Shin can finally live in peace with his bride as a mortal being. 

Tbh, I don't wanna see KS and GR cry anymore, it's very sad, it hurts my little heart so much TT TT, but it's just half of the road now, so I guess I must be prepared for more tragic stories to come :(((

P.S: I really like the way Gong Yoo plays the role in this drama, he makes a completely different character compared to his other characters in the previous dramas and movies. Just bring all his roles in 2016 in comparison, we can see the difference. In Goblin, the way he acts, the way he speaks, the way he manages his eyes, his facial expression, etc. all created a perfect Lonely and Great God who has lived nearly a thousand years, now he turns calm, melancholic, tranquil and reserved (to express his affection for ET - he once asked ET why she could easily show her feeling) but also fun, cute, and child-like at times (the souls of the old and of children are very alike, I don't know why but I feel it through my experience). I just want to express my appreciation for Gong Yoo's relentless acting endeavour so far and in 2016. Scripts he chose are gold (in Silenced, The Age of Shadows, etc.) ^^

• Like 11

I have been streaming since an hour ago but luck is not on my side today, again. I guess I have to resort to live recapping from here, again. Thanking everyone who will contribute in advance! :) I really look forward to today's episode! I am also unnecessarily worried about the ending of Episode 8 mainly because that will determine how the rest of my week until next Friday go! 

Anyway, Episode 8, bring it on!!!

Edit: Oh I finally managed to live stream!! YEAY! :)

• Like 5

Guest ktiminie
1 minute ago, LyraYoo said:

The previous recap is a bit long once again

Or are they going to show episode 8 ?

It's Episode 8 but I agree that the opening recap takes long, is it why they started earlier?

hfsfe3.jpg

1 minute ago, jellybellymonster said:

Reporting for recap duty! LOL at my driving to get home before the episode. Please do not try this.

Hi chinguyaaaa @millie10468 ! Mine is acting up! I had to switch to SD because even the danged commercials are lagging in HD. Let's hope our connection holds up. 

Chinguyaaaaa @naritul are you there?

Replay of episode 7 is about to end. Just a few more minutes.

i'm readddy chinguyaaaaa

r u ready guyssss??? yaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy let's start

• Like 7

Here we go,  no wait, now it's a recap from the last scene yesterday...

Okay, for real this time.

JET passes out.

Back at home, KS puts her in bed and sits by her side looking sad.

She wakes up,asking if he's okay. She smiles and sits up. He apologizes for startling her. She's saying something. She seems happy she's the real bride. KS isn't happy at all. She's asking if it's not a good thing. He says it is :bawling::bawling:

DH's watching a video of the massive pile up :) Finds out it's it's uncle's doing heh. He calls Gramps and Sec. Kim. He goes to see GR. Hahaha, the company is doing damage control I think.

• Like 10

Cars turning over from last ep end. KS voiceover confirming she's the real bride.

ET holds KS hand on her belly and then she faints.

KS brings her home. Lays her down on her bed.

KS watching her sleep.

She wakes up. She asks if KS is ok.

She gets up. She smiles.

KS says sorry.

She points at his chest.

She says she's relieved I think that she's the real bride.

• Like 13