[Drama 2017] Bride of the Water God, 하백의 신부

Chellsee

13 hours ago, nevill said:

i think being human is what enabled him to feel deep love, made what he thought as love bf was more sympathy than love. but now being able to feel as a human made him also vulnerable to feeling real love and care for someone 

fanart

I like how you put it ...being vulnerable to feeling love. 

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, dramafeverobs said:

Did you guys notice that the old man that HB helps doing recycle job wears the ring same as the High Priest? I read it from other forum and they were thinking that even the taxi driver is some God coming to human world to test (or more like give a lesson to) HB.

Me too.  Both taxi driver (SA) and old man.   HB is powerless for good reason.   If he had power, he would have a totally different experience and attitude that won't change.

I would think Habaek was born out of consummation because he did have parents; Suh Wang Mo and Dong Wang Kong.

I think those who just kind of emerge in existence are primordial gods who were the first gods that created everything else. somehow, these gods pro-created and most likely populated the realm with 1st, 2nd, 3rd generations and so on of current gods in the realm. 

I actually wanna see a wedding ceremony for Habaek and Soah, so then we can have an excuse for them to actually consummate 

:wub:.

also, Hooye seems to have actually gone to a cycle of aging, death, and rebirth according to Joo Geol Rin. so his current life might actually be his one of many reincarnations. I mean, he doesn't remember fully what happened 1200 years ago even though he was involved in that incident, which can happened to those who have reincarnated from their previous lives. 

12 hours ago, MrMarley said:

You guys are cracking me up all early in the morning talking about the 'consummation' night!

Someone even mentioned for it to happen in the water. Omg. I'm dead! :lol:

But hey, I am on-board with you all! However it happens, please let it happen!

Like what @SeGafanlady said, the Bride is SA and the groom is HB since this drama is called 'Bride of Habeak' we'll need some action for sure!

same here. I didnt access soompi for 1 day and pow!!! everyone talking about consummation between HB and SA :grin:

1 hour ago, vangsweetie637 said:

LOL

@moodypie it was our chingu @supergal99 whi mentioned doing it underwater and our other chingu @fans123 who mentioned the water cocoon LOLOLOL. And other chingus even thought of the Twilight version too :lol:

@dramu51ch0c10ve thank you chingu! Hahaha guess what food I am making right now:

Hahaha. My sisters are tricky. They know I can make good food so they compliment by saying "BUT NO ONE MAKES IT AS GOOD AS YOU DO."  Hahaha and I always fall for it! 

Thanks for the summary. We have a bunch of imaginative chingus here. 

Are you making fried chic?

7 hours ago, dramafeverobs said:

Did you guys notice that the old man that HB helps doing recycle job wears the ring same as the High Priest? I read it from other forum and they were thinking that even the taxi driver is some God coming to human world to test (or more like give a lesson to) HB.

Great observation chingu ya!

Maybe that also includes the wild smiling boar in So Ah's land. *wink! That then makes 3 divine interventions if our theory proves to be correct,

- The wild smiling boar

- The wise taxi driver

- The old man who collected card boards

..haha. Monday, palli! Else we'd get wilder ideas on the show and on..consumation. Lol. :lol:

Also a thought, I was thinking yesterday why our YongYong couple's double moonlight kiss ended up so hot. And I likened it to a principle of a water dam (a barrier that stops or restricts the flow of water). However, once that dam gets broken, the strong waters surge and might even cause a flood. The stronger the water pressure is built up, the larger the damage and the more uncontrollable it could get once released.

Similar with Ha-baek and So Ah.

So Ah's water dam got broken before she was almost hit by the Truck of Doom. It was when she resigned to her frustrations and cried vulnerably in front of Ha-baek.

In parallel, when Ha-baek let out a sigh before the kiss, it's as if that dam holding his emotions crumbled..and ta-daaaaaa! We get one of K-drama's phenomenal kiss. 

Now, it's like that water dam is built up again when So Ah said, "Let's stop it here." This then gets me giddy on what more could happen once both let loose of those pent up longing to be together. *grins 

Let me know what you think chingus! Happy waiting! :D

I have been thinking about the existence of demi-gods. In the introduction, the little girl asked Joo Dong who would look after the humans. The god replied that they could take care of themselves. However, we know that in the past, the humans wanted to sacrify a woman for the gods, implying that they were asking help from the gods. The humans wanted the gods to take care of them, yet it actually didn't happen. They only took care of the woman who was thrown into the waters. However, something went sour. The gods felt betrayed and decided to keep their distance from the humans (one human family became the servant of gods; the humans were banished forever from the Realm world).

So maybe the true purpose of the demi-gods is that they are the one who should take care of the humans. Since they are half-humans, they are close enough to understand humans and as half-god, they can understand the reasoning of the gods, know their rules aso. Notice that Hoo Ye has been raised that way. He should take care of humans. Moreover, the High priest mentioned that a demi-god can be good or evil. And Hoo Ye fits this description: hidden in the cavern, he was abused and abandoned to himself which could turn him into a resentful person who had problems to control his destructive energy. So maybe that's the reason why something bad happened 1200 years ago. Notice that the gods try to blame the humans or the demi-god, nonetheless they never judge their action as the cause of all the troubles. However, once Hoo Ye was sent to the human world, the latter was treated differently and became such an altruistic person which proves that the comment from the high priest was correct. A demi-god shouldn't be feared, his power is not evil just because it comes from the fire. As conclusion, I have the impression that the fated love between So Ah and Ha Baek plays a huge role for that matter: once the love between a human and a god is accepted, the existence of a demi-god is tolerated too. The demi-gods have a role to play, they don't represent just a thread but build a balance between the two worlds.

The high priest is in my opinion the one who knows this. He was there, when the gods punished the humans and when Hoo Ye was born... Ha Baek's journey is to realise that the gods need the humans in the end because until now, the gods were living in their own world thinking that the humans didn't need any help from the gods and the gods wouldn't need the humans. However, the two worlds need each other. Hence the existence of demi-gods was meant to be, nonetheless the gods saw them as thread and were not wise enough to see the true task of the demi-gods. In the end, the gods lived even more secluded than before (after the birth of Hoo ye and the two betrayals of the humans). 

@athena22 @nonski @moodypie @Visually-wandering @evie7 @ktcjdrama @swagpuppysong @vangsweetie637 @dramu51ch0c10ve @USAFarmgirl @nevill    

3 hours ago, moodypie said:

I like how you put it ...being vulnerable to feeling love. 

not exactly a weakness but when it is strong it is so strong that it can give you bipolar emotions. 

3 hours ago, LadyIgraine said:

I would think Habaek was born out of consummation because he did have parents; Suh Wang Mo and Dong Wang Kong.

I think those who just kind of emerge in existence are primordial gods who were the first gods that created everything else. somehow, these gods pro-created and most likely populated the realm with 1st, 2nd, 3rd generations and so on of current gods in the realm. 

it does make sense, and im not really sure if when the high priest explained it to HB he meant the first or in general. i assumed he meant them all, but maybe he meant only the original gods of that realm 

*learned new word in english - thank you

@vangsweetie637 same her my younger sisters always have me doing the cooking using this 'compliment', and i fall for it anytime,  in my case its more of a pasta dishes. 

52 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

So maybe the true purpose of the demi-gods is that they are the one who should take care of the humans. Since they are half-humans, they are close enough to understand humans and as half-god, they can understand the reasoning of the gods, know their rules aso.

but do they reproduce with the humans? can they have offspring with the humans? if so does some of their power seep into their children like with HY who has powers?

52 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

As conclusion, I have the impression that the fated love between So Ah and Ha Baek plays a huge role for that matter: once the love between a human and a god is accepted, the existence of a demi-god is tolerated too.

i like this idea, and also love conquer all and brakes the curse.

2 hours ago, swagpuppysong said:

be that also includes the wild smiling boar in So Ah's land. *wink! That then makes 3 divine interventions if our theory proves to be correct,

- The wild smiling boar

- The wise taxi driver

- The old man who collected card boards

i want to add the Truck of Doom to this, to me it was obvious that the driver suddenly lost control while after hitting SA he immediately stopped and regain control. i think it made HB Dam start to fracture since SA became a person of importance or more to the point a person who he recognized as most important, it was the first time he called her full name, and did it repeatedly with great desperation, the TOD made him realize that when it was most important to him he was helpless. and it was emphasizing the incident he initiated to try to bring his powers back.

@nevill

but do they reproduce with the humans? can they have offspring with the humans? if so does some of their power seep into their children like with HY who has powers?

I have no idea. Well, since Hoo Ye is bleeding, we can assume that he could have children. I don't think that his powers would go to his kids. But that's not the point. We know for a fact that so far, only one god got a child with a human which means that all the other gods kept their distance from the humans. So once the existence of the demi-gods is accepted, the gods could have more relationship with humans.

Just now, bebebisous33 said:

@nevill

I have no idea. Well, since Hoo Ye is bleeding, we can assume that he could have children. I don't think that his powers would go to his kids. But that's not the point. We know for a fact that so far, only one god got a child with a human which means that all the other gods kept their distance from the humans. So once the existence of the demi-gods is accepted, the gods could have more relationship with humans.

In others words, HB and So Ah could have children together...:glasses:

27 minutes ago, lolly84 said:

In others words, HB and So Ah could have children together...:glasses:

Yes, that's correct. Notice that the gods have been avoiding the humans for a long time, even before Ha Baek's birth because Hoo Ye was born before Ha Baek. Hoo Ye's existence made them feel threatened hence the gods avoided humans, since a relationship with a human would create a demi-god. So Ha Baek was destined to become the emperor because he would be the one who would put an end to the disturbed relationship between humans and gods. 

31 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

if the demigods are meant to help or guard the humans than there should be more than one, and self producing means it no longer need also a god in the process, so they can separate themselves as they so wish to do. i think HY is not the only one but he is the only one we know of.

13 minutes ago, nevill said:

if the demigods are meant to help or guard the humans than there should be more than one, and self producing means it no longer need also a god in the process, so they can separate themselves as they so wish to do. i think HY is not the only one but he is the only one we know of.

I believe that you misunderstood something.What I meant with it is the gods need to realise the true task of the demi-gods. The purpose of the demi-gods (taking care of the humans) has not been proposed and accepted by the gods yet.So far, there is only one demi-god known, that's Hoo Ye. First HY was hidden and then banished. Why only one? Because the gods fear the power of a demi-god and perceive him as a monster. Besides the relationship between gods and humans had been disturbed in the past due to the supposed betrayals committed by Shim Chun and the other woman (Nab-Kin). Sure, I am believing that So Ah is a demi-god... Notice how it is difficult for Ha Baek to admit his feelings for a human. So what if he knew that So Ah is a demi-god?

In my opinion, the fragile balance between the two worlds had been disrupted with the events from the past. The gods tried to live far away from the human world and not to interact with the humans. That's why there is this task: gathering god stones in the human world... so that the god is forced to discover humans and see them in a different light. Ha Baek is destined to fall in love with a human or demi-god in order to end the desdain and indifference towards the humans in the Realm world.

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

I have been thinking about the existence of demi-gods. In the introduction, the little girl asked Joo Dong who would look after the humans. The god replied that they could take care of themselves. However, we know that in the past, the humans wanted to sacrify a woman for the gods, implying that they were asking help from the gods. The humans wanted the gods to take care of them, yet it actually didn't happen. They only took care of the woman who was thrown into the waters. However, something went sour. The gods felt betrayed and decided to keep their distance from the humans (one human family became the servant of gods; the humans were banished forever from the Realm world).

So maybe the true purpose of the demi-gods is that they are the one who should take care of the humans. Since they are half-humans, they are close enough to understand humans and as half-god, they can understand the reasoning of the gods, know their rules aso. Notice that Hoo Ye has been raised that way. He should take care of humans. Moreover, the High priest mentioned that a demi-god can be good or evil. And Hoo Ye fits this description: hidden in the cavern, he was abused and abandoned to himself which could turn him into a resentful person who had problems to control his destructive energy. So maybe that's the reason why something bad happened 1200 years ago. Notice that the gods try to blame the humans or the demi-god, nonetheless they never judge their action as the cause of all the troubles. However, once Hoo Ye was sent to the human world, the latter was treated differently and became such an altruistic person which proves that the comment from the high priest was correct. A demi-god shouldn't be feared, his power is not evil just because it comes from the fire. As conclusion, I have the impression that the fated love between So Ah and Ha Baek plays a huge role for that matter: once the love between a human and a god is accepted, the existence of a demi-god is tolerated too. The demi-gods have a role to play, they don't represent just a thread but build a balance between the two worlds.

The high priest is in my opinion the one who knows this. He was there, when the gods punished the humans and when Hoo Ye was born... Ha Baek's journey is to realise that the gods need the humans in the end because until now, the gods were living in their own world thinking that the humans didn't need any help from the gods and the gods wouldn't need the humans. However, the two worlds need each other. Hence the existence of demi-gods was meant to be, nonetheless the gods saw them as thread and were not wise enough to see the true task of the demi-gods. In the end, the gods lived even more secluded than before (after the birth of Hoo ye and the two betrayals of the humans). 

@athena22 @nonski @moodypie @Visually-wandering @evie7 @ktcjdrama @swagpuppysong @vangsweetie637 @dramu51ch0c10ve @USAFarmgirl @nevill    

Great to have you sharing your thought again. 

HB was definitely sent to human world to settle the grudges between god and human and also to meet demi god.

I like that idea of demi God taking care of the human. Today is Fri (my time) and already I am very anxious about HY turning bad this coming Mon. I hope SA will help him. He's such a lonely soul. Hope he will one day get acceptance from both world. IJH is really nailing his role for me. Feel so much for him. 

SA and HB's fate will definitely bring about the understanding and acceptance of a half god half human. This sound like it's leading to a happy ending. :) 

24 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I believe that you misunderstood something.

sorry, i did misunderstand. but the high priest explain to HB about the demigods as if there are more than HY, also when MR & BR talked about it, it seems in general description and not just about HY i think there must be more, we just dont know about them.

28 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

In my opinion, the fragile balance between the two worlds had been disrupted with the events from the past. The gods tried to live far away from the human world and not to interact with the humans. That's why there is this task: gathering god stones in the human world... so that the god is forced to discover humans and see them in a different light. Ha Baek is destined to fall in love with a human or demi-god in order to end the desdain and indifference towards the humans in the Realm world.

i completely agree. 

I'm such a party popper. But I just can't help to share my insignificant thought. 

No matter what others say and critics this drama I am all ride or die together. I have been racking my head in craziness but I'm a sucker for happily ever after. 

I'm easy to please and cheap one at it. But I can be calculative with the ending. The drama can go all chaos and haywire or down to dungeon, but give me the HEA ending. The road to achieve the HEA can be all nonsense, weird, out of mind because I won't settled less than HEA, you see. I've scarred and heart broken from last year cough cough MLSHR cough cough. I don't think I can handle another heart break.

I had followed TBOWG comic from the start till the end. It was long 4 years of smile and tears.Waiting it to be translated and when it was to long to wait, I learn some hangul to read it.

But I have learn to separate this 2, the drama and comic. Yet loving both of it. Different settings, different directions. 

I'm not ashamed to say that I might turn to be a dark Hoo Ye if the writers or PD tried to put MLSHR on me. 

On the talk of HB and SA to consummate and have cough babies cough, I think HB need to possessed a human body as per the backstory of how demigod was created. Then please have lots and lots of baby - maybe 3?

Yet, this issues need to be settled first and foremost.

1) How to make them stay together

- Settle the immortality of SA. Because I can't go for all the Goblin. You see, thing like reincarnation, it way past of times, to patiently waiting for the right soul mate and spend life in long solitude and loneliness to meet the other half. It's like living, but not breathing. It's like living feeling dying for every second. It's like living but with empty shell. And I don't that for HB and SA. Worst if HB meant to meet SA incarnation but she didn't remembered him. This will be devastating. 

2) The demigod status and treatments

- Once and for all I wish for HB to stop the mistreatment of the demigod no matter if he was blessed with one or not with SA. To eliminate and terminate the archaic and nonsense rules. I just don't know how he will do that, called a truce, a contract, promise or anything just give a proper condition so they might come exist together.

3) The daddies issues

- Both HY and SA need a freaking and proper closure. Because I can't really forgive if they were left hanging and treated that bad by their own father. I'm counting on that writers. It better be good or I am gonna pull lightning and thunder storm, Bi Ryeom style.

4) Unrequited love of BR to MR

- This guy have harbouring a thousands year of unrequited love for MR. Let's give a nice and beautiful ending for them too, okay? 

What a rants. Truthfully I have contemplating whether to share this cause it gonna damp the mood. Any kind reply will be much appreciated.

19 minutes ago, thechaosinourstar said:

- Once and for all I wish for HB to stop the mistreatment of the demigod no matter if he was blessed with one or not with SA. To eliminate and terminate the archaic and nonsense rules. I just don't know how he will do that, called a truce, a contract, promise or anything just give a proper condition so they might come exist together.

i would go for just accepting someone who is different. the 'lesson' i think in part is that they need to accept divergence. hehehe

4)

i dont know why, maybe bc of the poster, i still have a feeling that something will happen with HY& MR. maybe bc she tries to calm BR down, maybe they will comfort each other. and i think BR need a fresh new start on EVERYTHING, so many unsolved issues going on with him that i want him to restart altogether. 

and i really hope SA and HY will get to have a closure about their fathers 

19 minutes ago, thechaosinourstar said:

I'm such a party popper. But I just can't help to share my insignificant thought. 

No matter what others say and critics this drama I am all ride or die together. I have been racking my head in craziness but I'm a sucker for happily ever after. 

I'm easy to please and cheap one at it. But I can be calculative with the ending. The drama can go all chaos and haywire or down to dungeon, but give me the HEA ending. The road to achieve the HEA can be all nonsense, weird, out of mind because I won't settled less than HEA, you see. I've scarred and heart broken from last year cough cough MLSHR cough cough. I don't think I can handle another heart break.

I had followed TBOWG comic from the start till the end. It was long 4 years of smile and tears.Waiting it to be translated and when it was to long to wait, I learn some hangul to read it.

But I have learn to separate this 2, the drama and comic. Yet loving both of it. Different settings, different directions. 

I'm not ashamed to say that I might turn to be a dark Hoo Ye if the writers or PD tried to put MLSHR on me. 

On the talk of HB and SA to consummate and have cough babies cough, I think HB need to possessed a human body as per the backstory of how demigod was created. Then please have lots and lots of baby - maybe 3?

Yet, this issues need to be settled first and foremost.

1) How to make them stay together

- Settle the immortality of SA. Because I can't go for all the Goblin. You see, thing like reincarnation, it way past of times, to patiently waiting for the right soul mate and spend life in long solitude and loneliness to meet the other half. It's like living, but not breathing. It's like living feeling dying for every second. It's like living but with empty shell. And I don't that for HB and SA. Worst if HB meant to meet SA incarnation but she didn't remembered him. This will be devastating. 

3) The daddies issues

- Both HY and SA need a freaking and proper closure. Because I can't really forgive if they were left hanging and treated that bad by their own father. I'm counting on that writers. It better be good or I am gonna pull lightning and thunder storm, Bi Ryeom style.

4) Unrequited love of BR to MR

- This guy have harbouring a thousands year of unrequited love for MR. Let's give a nice and beautiful ending for them too, okay? 

What a rants. Truthfully I have contemplating whether to share this cause it gonna damp the mood. Any kind reply will be much appreciated.

oh i didn't think you were ranting :) 

your points are all taken!!

Let's do both BR style and HY style if we don't get the HEA. 

Archived