[Drama 2017] Bride of the Water God, 하백의 신부

Chellsee

16 minutes ago, lovely_skham said:

This might not be a popular way of thinking but I understand why Bi Ryeom is doing what he's doing, how can they deal with HY who is supposedly stronger then HB if they cant figure out his powers. Remember Mura stopped the car from hitting or revealing HY's powers. So to me putting myself in Bi Ryeom's shoes, he cant stand someone especially a demigod being stronger then them. Why and how is that possible, so Id be a tad annoyed but knowing his personality he tends to react quite instantaneously and deal with the consequences after so again Im not mad but maybe tone it down a little bit. 

HY is going to snap either way, and Br is just quickening that transition period, which I welcome since I cant wait for the showdown between all of them and HB needs to get his powers lol.

I agree with you, even though at times I don't approve of what BR does, but I can understand his point of view. I believe a lot of the times why he acts this way is because of his pride as a god. So to have someone who is actually half a god having the ability to maybe kill a god, I am sure it won't sit right with anyone, much more BR.

I secretly want a HY-HB face off!

6 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The last time I wanted to punch someone was from another drama haha @YourHighness .and @kaoriharang you two know which one already haha

Judging from the preview, HB does not misunderstand. But..we can see that HY stopped HB's punch. Again, I think HY snapping lets us see more and more of his powers. He does encompass traits of a God (healing, strength) alongside death (the flowers and catipillar). Guys..i am starting to think that HY is a God of Death. And he is able to kill Gods :o:blink:

Spoiler

hehe I think the previous one irritated me more, so far I am not flipping tables or taking of different ways to kill.

Looking at all the past previews of BoTWG, i realise that they add scenes that may come from future episodes. The last scene of tonight's episode was actually shown really briefly in a previous preview a while back. But I am grateful to see more otp moments. But I can see the heartbreak coming closer, and I think now that HB has really allowed himself to feel and give love towards SA i think its going to be really hard for him.

What more, like what Mura and JD said (At least I am thinking JD said this during tonight's episode) is that the loving burden will be following HB throughout his life. Afterall, eventually SA will die, she is human. And that is where the star-crossed love can't be more tragic.

I think rather than his powers being that of 'fire' I believe the very nature of HY's powers is in the opposite of the gods. If like JD or Mura who can bring life back (not from the dead but almost) to trees and fishes. then my assumption is that HY is the exact opposite, he takes away life. Of course not of his own will, but he does when he loses control of that power.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

I am guessing that this has something to do with what happened 1200 years ago. It was hinted HY was involved. Thing is..HY mentioned he only came to Human realm 10 years ago :blink: so..during 1,200 years ago..did BR know who HY was?  I also feel very bad for HY. Gods keep cornering him and he is doing his best not to lose control. When he was about to go for those minor gods, i thought for sure that we will see how strong he is exactly.

Yup. From the preview, HB aims to punch HY but we get a glimpse of HY's strength too. Yes HB always has faith in SA. But does SA really know HY is not human now? Well..technically he is still 50% human. Poor HY.

Yes HY was involved with SA's ancestors becoming servants of the gods. We will don't know yet.

No I dont think BR knew the existence of HY, it was only until HB who discovered his identity. it is clear that when BR first met HY he could not tell HY was a demi-god. It was only HB (who is the future King) who was able to tell with one look that HY is half human.

yeah, well mainly also because I think its cause HB has not gotten his powers back that is also why, he is weaker.

yeah we technically he is, maybe HB will explain it to SA?

3 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

My dear chingu, so this means that So Ah and Hoo Ye could be related. My theory was that So Ah was the daughter from the king of the sky.

so you think that SA is also half god? or rather maybe HY's mother is one of the ancestors of SA? Maybe that is the grave sin?

Still unsure about that theory. need more clues haha

4 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

Todays Episode had ververything... it was sad, funny, romantic, an eyecandy (thanx for beeing a model). It made me feel again so sad for Hoo Ye. And again my thought was - if the Writer just changed the focos a bit - he would be our Hero. I´m angry with Bi Ryeom. But why can I see sadness behind his fury? I still like this Troublemaker a lot.

I like this trouble maker a lot too:wink:. I hope he knows what he is doing and not just attacking HY for no reason.

I also hope he will be honest with MR about his feelings. Not sure if it was shown in ep10.

Waiting for sub..

So late to the party.... only managed to finish watching sub of ep.9 a few moments ago and back reading... So I lost the bet, but I've never been so happy losing a bet :lol: I'd rather have a back-hug day cum kiss-day....

This is for you, Team Monday Kiss ~

Image result for nam joo hyuk

edit: omo, I caught a little bit of recap of ending of ep.10... should I just wait a couple days before watching ep.10 so the wait for ep.11 is shorter? Just enjoy ep.9 first by rewatching and rewatching?

5 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

I agree with you, even though at times I don't approve of what BR does, but I can understand his point of view. I believe a lot of the times why he acts this way is because of his pride as a god. So to have someone who is actually half a god having the ability to maybe kill a god, I am sure it won't sit right with anyone, much more BR.

I secretly want a HY-HB face off!

Reveal hidden contents

hehe I think the previous one irritated me more, so far I am not flipping tables or taking of different ways to kill.

Looking at all the past previews of BoTWG, i realise that they add scenes that may come from future episodes. The last scene of tonight's episode was actually shown really briefly in a previous preview a while back. But I am grateful to see more otp moments. But I can see the heartbreak coming closer, and I think now that HB has really allowed himself to feel and give love towards SA i think its going to be really hard for him.

What more, like what Mura and JD said (At least I am thinking JD said this during tonight's episode) is that the loving burden will be following HB throughout his life. Afterall, eventually SA will die, she is human. And that is where the star-crossed love can't be more tragic.

I think rather than his powers being that of 'fire' I believe the very nature of HY's powers is in the opposite of the gods. If like JD or Mura who can bring life back (not from the dead but almost) to trees and fishes. then my assumption is that HY is the exact opposite, he takes away life. Of course not of his own will, but he does when he loses control of that power.

1. It seems that at the beginning they was giving us in one preview scenes which may be also in the next 3 ep but now in Tuesday's ep they are giving us scenes which are in next two episodes so its good this way - better than one preview with scenes from next 4 eps.

2. I am wondering how PD will give them ending - at the beginning, in Goblin we didnt see any logical happy ending for main couple but new variables started to appear and at the end we had kind of happy ending so now lets pray and trust PD-nim. They'll have surely happy ending. We still have 6 ep to go!

3. I believe that Ho Ye's power is destruction. This black smoke - its death - as someone said (I cant remember who) he can kill anybody with only one touch. But I feel bad for him because he wanted to live as ordinary human being but Bi Ryeom keeps provoking him. 

26 minutes ago, moodypie said:

I like this trouble maker a lot too:wink:. I hope he knows what he is doing and not just attacking HY for no reason.

I also hope he will be honest with MR about his feelings. Not sure if it was shown in ep10.

Waiting for sub..

I wrote about that theory - because of BR. And I must admit - I look forward to see him Fighting. Its rare that I dont like a Character but still fall for him more and more. So maybe I can say i don´t like his doing - but he still have something to get in my Heart.

(There is a lot he can´t speak about - no wonder he has some temper to deal with..)

I´m in Trouble - I like two Gods and a Halfgod now....

SA will not be a Halfgod if her Ancestor was HYs Mother - And I just thought about when BR said in the Beginning - maybe the reason he was atracted by So Ah was that she was a servant - or maybe this Family is not the first time atractiv to a Sky God... need the subs soon but I fear we will not get a lot answers today.

6 minutes ago, ayoko094 said:

1. It seems that at the beginning they was giving us in one preview scenes which may be also in the next 3 ep but now in Tuesday's ep they are giving us scenes which are in next two episodes so its good this way - better than one preview with scenes from next 4 eps.

2. I am wondering how PD will give them ending - at the beginning, in Goblin we didnt see any logical happy ending for main couple but new variables started to appear and at the end we had kind of happy ending so now lets pray and trust PD-nim. They'll have surely happy ending. We still have 6 ep to go!

3. I believe that Ho Ye's power is destruction. This black smoke - its death - as someone said (I cant remember who) he can kill anybody with only one touch. But I feel bad for him because he wanted to live as ordinary human being but Bi Ryeom keeps provoking him. 

I want to believe that there will be a happy ending, they must have name this drama for a reason. She is the bride after all. :wink:

And yes, his power is destruction, it was mentioned by the high priest in previous ep that his power is to annihilate. 

When he "backhug" Ja ya, one of his hands was oozing black smoke too. I think he could have killed her if he didn't control himself. 

@kaoriharang Yes, I am still thinking that So Ah is a demi-god, but since she has been raised among humans, she has no idea about her true identity hence Ha Baek can not realise it.  Let me list you all the clues that could confirm this theory:

- We never saw a picture of her father so that we still don't know his identity. If he was a normal human, why was he never shown?

- Then her original dream: she wanted to live far away from humans, secluded on a island. So deep down, this could give us an idea that she has never felt comfortable around humans. Sure, she was jealous and her harsh life turns her into a person who would rely on no one. But notice that the real first person she trusts for a long time is a god. Then if she goes to the Realm world, she will never miss the human world, like Nab-Kin. She already has no problem to leave her country and her world. An indication that she wouldn't ask to go back to the human world. 

- The jump from the bridge: she survived it and later she mentioned that she swam so hard after changing her mind (committing suicide)... so where did her power come from?

- The fact that humans are not allowed to enter the Realm world. What about a demi-god? If Ha Baek becomes the emperor, he can change the rules and say that demi-gods can no longer be looked down, just like humans. They can be welcome.  

For me, Ha Baek's journey is to discover the human world and become tolerant about them, change the curse from his mother... Until now, he had been inactive and even indifferent towards the human world. The more he interacts with So Ah, the more human he gets. Like the High priest said, the gods needs the humans. 

@athena22 @Visually-wandering @nonski

7 hours ago, Mau_Cherry said:

I wrote about that theory - because of BR. And I must admit - I look forward to see him Fighting. Its rare that I dont like a Character but still fall for him more and more. So maybe I can say i don´t like his doing - but he still have something to get in my Heart.

(There is a lot he can´t speak about - no wonder he has some temper to deal with..)

I´m in Trouble - I like two Gods and a Halfgod now....

SA will not be a Halfgod if her Mother was HYs Mother - And I just thought about when BR said in the Beginning - maybe the reason he was atracted by So Ah was that she was a servant - or maybe this Family is not the first time atractiv to a Sky God... need the subs soon but I fear we will not get a lot answers today.

lol...me too. If we also like the trouble maker, then I think we are also the trouble maker. haha.

I think I have a soft spot for BR. It must be his smile. He's always jovial. I love it when he flick his fingers and created those lightning. it's so cool!

I still don't think SA is a half god. hehe. If she is, HB would have sensed it, just like how he knows HY is a half god. :) 

@bebebisous33 that would be my opinion about SA but I more than welcome the idea of her being a semi god. I just want a fairy tale ending, where our otp lives happily ever after. :wub:

7 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@kaoriharang Yes, I am still thinking that So Ah is a demi-god, but since she has been raised among humans, she has no idea about her true identity hence Ha Baek can not realise it.  Let me list you all the clues that could confirm this theory:

- We never saw a picture of her father so that we still don't know his identity. If he was a normal human, why was he never shown?

- Then her original dream: she wanted to live far away from humans, secluded on a island. So deep down, this could give us an idea that she has never felt comfortable around humans. Sure, she was jealous and her harsh life turns her into a person who would rely on no one. But notice that the real first person she trusts for a long time is a god. Then if she goes to the Realm world, she will never miss the human world, like Nab-Kin. She already has no problem to leave her country and her world. An indication that she wouldn't ask to go back to the human world. 

- The jump from the bridge: she survived it and later she mentioned that she swam so hard after changing her mind (committing suicide)... so where did her power come from?

- The fact that humans are not allowed to enter the Realm world. What about a demi-god? If Ha Baek becomes the emperor, he can change the rules and say that demi-gods can no longer be looked down, just like humans. They can be welcome.  

For me, Ha Baek's journey is to discover the human world and become tolerant about them, change the curse from his mother... Until now, he had been inactive and even indifferent towards the human world. The more he interacts with So Ah, the more human he gets. Like the High priest said, the gods needs the humans.

I agree with you on this. This could be an indication that she has no problem leaving the human world behind, unlike nakbin or Shin (not sure who i should refer to haha). And she just want to go to a place where there's water/seaside as shown in previous ep. That's her dream. And we all know the water kingdom will have all this. She can soak herself in the water all the time like HB. hehe. 

Just now, moodypie said:

I agree with you on this. This could be an indication that she has no problem leaving the human world behind, unlike nakbin or Shin (not sure who i should refer to haha). And she just want to go to a place where there's water/seaside as shown in previous ep. That's her dream. And we all know the water kingdom will have all this. She can soak herself in the water all the time like HB. hehe. 

Well my final ideal bet is: So Ah in HB's world as goddess:glasses:

Just now, lolly84 said:

Well my final ideal bet is: So Ah in HB's world as goddess:glasses:

oh I like that. I want to see her in those goddess outfit. I wonder if she is allowed to wear her yellow bikini (that was in her dream) in the water kingdom. lol.

7 minutes ago, moodypie said:

lol...me too. If we also like the trouble maker, then I think we are also the trouble maker. haha.

I think I have a soft spot for BR. It must be his smile. He's always jovial. I love it when he flick his fingers and created those lightning. it's so cool!

I still don't think SA is a half god. hehe. If she is, HB would have sensed it, just like how he knows HY is a half god. :) 

@bebebisous33 that would be my opinion about SA but I more than welcome the idea of her being a semi god. I just want a fairy tale ending, where our otp lives happily ever after. :wub:

To be honest - I am total against it - I never thought So Ah can be a half God.

But I think BR discuise a lot behind his carefree Mask. I´n not that young anymore - I have my own little Troublemaker now - but I admit - they follow in my footsteps. I was it for sure.

Oh and - Gods hates and fears Halfgods - they would never use them as servants. They are not good enough to even show in front of them. The theory for my can´´t be real - I would be very dissapointed if the Writer change that part for me.

Still - I need a Happy End!

39 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

My dear chingu, so this means that So Ah and Hoo Ye could be related. My theory was that So Ah was the daughter from the king of the sky.

Hi chingu! :D Ah yes..your theory is that SA is the daughter of Sky King. But if so, and if my theory is true, HY and SA can be related as you said. However, my real theory is that SA is full human. And HY's dad is the Sky King since now we know JD is not.

21 minutes ago, dramu51ch0c10ve said:

I hope they give more details about the past though...really interested to know what happened1,200(right?)  years ago:huh:

Yes! I second this! We keep getting incomplete clues only :huh:

Just now, Mau_Cherry said:

But I think BR discuise a lot behind his carefree Mask. I´n not that young anymore - I have my own little Troublemaker now - but I admit - they follow in my footsteps. I was it for sure.

Oh and - Gods hates and fears Halfgods - they would never use them as servants. They are not good enough to even show in front of them. The theory for my can´´t be real - I would be very dissapointed if the Writer change that part for me.

I supposed you are right. I can tell from HB and BR's reaction when they first confronted HY. We don't feel the same way as they do, perhaps it's because we see HY as human. But these two see him as monsters. Maybe they just fear of the unknown power. I am not sure about this. 

HB should be aware that if he has any thoughts of being with SA in the future, they will create half god babies too. :grimace:

32 minutes ago, ayoko094 said:

Yeah I quite like how we get future scenes, that way we can really imagine and speculate future episodes.

True, I really hope we get some happy ending, but I am just trying to think about it logically as to how it can happen. I really dont think HB will come back to the human world, so if so, then the only option left is if SA enters the realm of the gods (similarly to the manhwa)

yeah exactly, which means that HY can kill both god and human. Which is scary, and when he loses control that smoke increases and gets more intense.

19 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

hmmm I am not sure, i dont know if demi-gods will ever be accepted. true, as the High priest said, demi gods can choose either to be good and bad, so would HB take that chance that every demi god will be good?

I think with regards to the suicide, she did say she swam up as much as she could because she wanted to live instead. I am not sure if that is an indication of power.

it is clear from HY that once a demi-god loses control they can destroy anything they touch. Will HB really risk allowing the demi gods to exist in the realm of the god where they are one with nature?

I agree with your last point about HB's journey, indeed humans are important to that of the gods, but as times goes on I believe the gods have become complicate. So I do agree that through SA and others, HB is learning more and more about the humans. Rather than what he knows about the humans from one person's actions. 

6 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Hi chingu! :D Ah yes..your theory is that SA is the daughter of Sky King. But if so, and if my theory is true, HY and SA can be related as you said. However, my real theory is that SA is full human. And HY's dad is the Sky King since now we know JD is not.

Yes! I second this! We keep getting incomplete clues only :huh:

I am on the same as you that SA is full human and if there is any indication of them being related, I would say the only connection I believe is that of SA's ancestors being linked to HY's mother perhaps?

I am also curious as to how the whole puzzle will come together.

7 hours ago, moodypie said:

I supposed you are right. I can tell from HB and BR's reaction when they first confronted HY. We don't feel the same way as they do, perhaps it's because we see HY as human. But these two see him as monsters. Maybe they just fear of the unknown power. I am not sure about this. 

HB should be aware that if he has any thoughts of being with SA in the future, they will create half god babies too. :grimace:

They grow up and got teached that Halfgod are unworthy and they where told they should fear tham. HB in fact learend he is the ruler and noone is like him.

Let us be honest. Moo Ra and Bi Ryeom even look down on the Minor Gods. But a Half God is different - because they still don´t know if it is a danger. And not only them - Ha Baek too.

So I don´t wander why they are - like they are and even Ha Baek treats the HalfGod more bad like a Dog - an unwanted Dog. Still the way Bi Ryeom hates Hoo Ye looks like there is much more behind the Curtain - that´s why I think the Father is a Sky God and somehow that involved Bi Ryeom. We never heard what the Sky God did... maybe it was related. But Bi Ryeom suffers from that History. And of course from the part he played in Moo Ras Deal.

Maybe the reason Moo Ra can´t be kissed is Bi Ryeom. And maybe thats why he is always a bit unwell when she try that scene. But it is still working. Even it was a trick to make Ha Baek jealous we know that she still belongs to Bi Ryeom - feels like she got hit from a backfire. But for Bi Ryeom who has real Feeling its not just a Game.

Okay - or maybe just because Moo Ro don´t want to be kissed by someone else - but why is she signing for such a Drama than. ^^

Just a Question - was I the only one who felt dizzy after the Table Scene?

36 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

I agree. Gods hate demigods and I am still trying to figure out why BR hates HY more than what we see from MR or HB. But..i think that whatever BR feels towards HY is almost too personal. Something is amiss here and we are still not getting all the details yet.

@kaoriharang 

Spoiler

Hahaha..i am glad this drama is not making me throw poison darts and flip tables too LOL

I find it strange that BR, HB and MR knows what happen 1200 years ago but they do not recognize HY when he is also involved :blink:unless..whatever happened was a secret. But then..everyone in the God realm knows about it. So i am like you dongseng. It is the time line that doesn't make sense to me. And if HY came to the human world 10 years ago..and if he was involved 1200 years ago..does that mean he only grew up when he entered the human realm? Because he would have to have lived 1200 years ago.

tenor.gif

This is how I feel LOL!

@ktcjdrama hi chingu! Welcome back! Yasss! Let us keep on showering Team Monday with love from HB. I am on the losing team as well :tongue::D but i also feel like a winner because i still see the prizes haha

Archived