[Drama 2017] Bride of the Water God, 하백의 신부

Chellsee

5 hours ago, amisyka77 said:

I was thinking in the same line too...after which i felt so horrified!!!

Noooooo....!! HY can't be that horrendous, can he???!!!

One of the greek gods ate his children. But they kind of stayed alive inside of him The gods are immortal so it would be a little strange but possible, yet, for a korean fantasy rom.com drama, i don't think they will get that bizarre dark.

Another thought.  Who believes in the gods anymore?  The old priest (or whoever he is), told HB the gods are immortal but only exist if they are believed.  So maybe this is all a preface to the gods disappearing from the world.  Maybe Hb loses his god power to understand that his god time is ending and must learn the new ways of mankind. 

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, maddymappo said:

@milwon   I will write a list of unknowns in next episodes and others can add or comment. It is fun. This drama is charming. I do enjoy watching it. But then I think, what?  It just meanders around and so many of these open questions. 5071.png?w=150&h=150

Yeah, i hope to see your list next week. It is really fun. I think the drama wants to train us to have a great observational and analytical thinking like habaek, That is why they keep throwing us with questions. Practice makes perfect, they say.

Just finished the episode, finally! :D

This episode actually answered some questions for us but not all. I will definitely be back to add my insights. 

39 minutes ago, saanjh sena said:

If habaek and soah get married in the end and have child that child same as hoo ye so that time ha baek treat his child same as he treats hoo ye.

I think by this time..HB would have changed the way he thinks :wink:

15 minutes ago, milwon said:

Yeah, i hope to see your list next week. It is really fun. I think the drama wants to train us to have a great observational and analytical thinking like habaek, That is why they keep throwing us with questions. Practice makes perfect, they say.

I agree with you chingu! :D

This has been the most thought-provoking k-drama I've watched so far. Quite similar to W and The K2. Blaming it to the rich folklore and manhwa that keeps its viewers guessing. I don't mind though since it's part of what makes the journey fun :lol:

Lovin all the theories in this thread! More so on the character analyses, stills and screen caps :wub:

After reading yours comts make me think that ...................... Ho Ye is .............HB's son ?????????????????????? Nooooooo wayyyyyyyyyyyyy !!!!

I like so much watching animations movies but I never ..read Manga or manwha 

so, can someone tell me : who is NB ???? HB loved her before and they had a child as ........HY ???????

Oh my Gad :grin:

High priest told HB they won't exist if they are not believed ( byt human)

it's normel, it looks like " Wraft of the titans" with Zeus .....

This show isn't exciting now bc HB lost his powers; people like lead character is handsome, smart, powerful like .......Goblin !

I hope his powers will be back soon

2 hours ago, kaoriharang said:

haha oh yeah (: we do, hmmm you make a good idea actually perhaps thats why he is so invested into reading others' emotions.

Subs are out, so because of being born both half god and half human, HY has been hiding his identity for the longest time because he doesnt fit in anywhere. In other words he has created this entire 'HY' identity just to fit in somewhere. And now that there are people who know his true identity, I think he feels like he is losing control of what he has taken so long to build.

I wonder why whatever SA said to HY "I am sorry for mocking your sincerity" got to him, it seem to have affected him greatly.

So on HY's body there is JD's marking, there must be an explanation as to how the mark got onto HY right? Unless HY's father is from the Earth country?

Just a question for those who know the manhwa better than me. What was HB talking about the Sky Country and Nakbin and her forgetting human foolishness? Are we talking about the same first love of HB and that she lost her memories? So the Sky King tried to take HB's throne and did some evil act. does he evil act refer to the manhwa where NB dies?

the cutest scene of today was really when HB got off the cab and he has a very cute smile as he was watching SA. oH that man is totally in love already!

Hi Dongseng! :D I just finished watching the episode earlier and started to understand some things and wonder about other things haha. I was also curious to why HY react the way he did when SA tells apologizes for mocking his sincerity. But I think it has to do with the fact that he tries so hard to fit in and he may feel that no one takes him seriously. But I am about to analyze the episode soon, probably tomorrow  (i am heading to sleep earlier than usual tonight. Am pretty tired out) :wink: and i agree! HB smiling at the end as he watched SA was so cute! 

@supergal99 yah agree with you she looks so great i really love her acting here :wub::heart:

a27fa60d74957f4dbfd100769a518adae93afdc5

habaek -nim why u so Hot with God like outfit arghhh i don't know he so ........OMG stylish water God  How he manages to always look like is about to step off a magazine cover in those stylish clothes is beyond me **slow clap*He killing it with those stylish outfits! I'm so obsessed!

086baa29a0d28ddfff10a3f3be3bf387a8cb1246

2 hours ago, saanjh sena said:

If habaek and soah get married in the end and have child that child same as hoo ye so that time ha baek treat his child same as he treats hoo ye.

I don't know if the  drama is an alternate, less convoluted retelling of the manhwa, or future version.   In  the manhwa HB loves his children with SA.  

In the drama, HB is practically human as a god with no power.    He would have learned human nature and love would change him to be a better god.  

In response to @hazeljrr_c922

"Sorry to be asking a geeky question---- what is that contract, an intent to sell/purchase or a deed of sale per se?   I am relatively sure payment has not been made,  thus , can SA unilaterally change her mind and refuse to sell?  Just asking, in case anyone knows, because I think it is important  whether the company (and HY) also has the right to invoke the contract and refuse SA's request."

This is what I found as I am also curious as to why we keep seeing the intent to sell document.  I get that the writer is trying to show SA's guilt but it'd be really dangerous if HY knows the importance of that piece of land to HB. Apparently there are 5 legal documents involved for purchasing a property. Then again, I'm not sure how things are handled in Korea.

1. Intent to Purchase Real Estate document or Letter of Intent

Once an ocular inspection of the property has been done and the title of the property has been checked with the Register of Deeds, a letter of intent to purchase a property must be made and sent to the seller. A non-binding document, the Letter of Intent documents the buyer’s tentative terms and conditions in regards to price, reservation fee or initial deposit, and financing details. Also included in a Letter of Intent is the detailed description of the property you are interested in.

If the seller accepts the terms and affixes his signature on the Letter of Intent, the seller is expected to reserve the property for you unless the conditions and terms on the letter have been breached.

An earnest money or down-payment must then be paid, securing your hold on the property within the time frame agreed upon between you and the buyer. 

2. Contract to Sell

The Contract to Sell, a document that binds both you and the seller, is where all the final terms and conditions are stated. This will be issued to you by the seller after you have given your down-payment. In this contract, you are assured that the buyer will exclusively sell the property to you and will take it off the market. However, until the full payment for the agreed price of the property has been made, the ownership of the property remains with the seller. The Contract to Sell must be attested by a Notary Public.

3. Deed of Absolute Sale

After you have given the full payment of purchase price to the seller and settled other fees with the proper government agencies, a Deed of Sale will be created, filed with the Register of Deeds, and issued to you. It is a notarized document that legally transfers the ownership of the property from the seller to you after all of the conditions have been met and executed. Indicated in this document are the names and signatures of both parties, the Transfer Certificate of Title number, the technical description of the property, and the agreed selling price.

4. Certificate of Titles

You will be provided a photocopy of the new title that certifies you as the new owner of the property indicated. This document is issued by the Register of Deeds of the city or municipality where the property is located. A Transfer of Certificate of Title will be given to those who bought houses and lots, while condominium unit buyers will be given a Condominium Certificate of Titles.

5. Tax Declaration

As the new owner of the property, you will request a Tax Declaration from the Assessor’s office. You will need to present the new title and a photo of the purchased property for it to be processed. Once this has been released under your name as the new owner of the property, all tax obligations will now be under you. Along with the release of the new Tax Declaration is the success of the transaction of property purchase.

Source: http://www.myproperty.ph/blog/feature-stories/legal-documents-purchasing-property

So maybe this is why SA thinks she can still cancel the agreement and HY said he would hold a meeting to discuss it.

I honestly hope it is not too late for SA to cancel the transaction.  For the love of God Habaek!

tumblr_osxrhbFAOz1qisd43o2_400.gif

running toward Monday be like ....

hi @bebebisous33 Thanks for inviting me here. I actually was going to check out this thread too. I just completed ep8 with subs. 

My questions are not getting any lesser..the more i watch, the more questions i have floating in my mind. I thought I could get some answers here in the thread but after browsing through I have even more questions now. Kudos to some of you who can lay out the list of questions. I don't think i can, as I don't even know what to ask and I don't even know where to begin lol. 

My only sane question would be "Can Monday come faster?"

I want to teleport myself to the writer and ask him/her "What did HB see at the end of the ep???". His face is now imprint on my mind and will be stuck there till monday. 

Spoiler

his face

ShCT1iH.png

Anyone of you notice that the scene of the dark cave (beginning of the ep) is somewhat similar to Arang and the magistrate? It also gave me the same feeling of creepiness when I watch the scene.

Chingu @Mau_Cherry I see you are here too :wink:

1 hour ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Hi Dongseng! :D I just finished watching the episode earlier and started to understand some things and wonder about other things haha. I was also curious to why HY react the way he did when SA tells apologizes for mocking his sincerity. But I think it has to do with the fact that he tries so hard to fit in and he may feel that no one takes him seriously. But I am about to analyze the episode soon, probably tomorrow  (i am heading to sleep earlier than usual tonight. Am pretty tired out) :wink: and i agree! HB smiling at the end as he watched SA was so cute! 

hmmm well it may need some time for us to understand all the workings of HY. I still find his character somewhat of a mystery even though we know now his identity.

I think the cliffhanger for ep 8 is so painful haha! I really wanna know what HB saw, from the looks of it either it must be HY or a another danger threat to SA, at least that is my inference for now.

4 hours ago, kaoriharang said:

I wonder why whatever SA said to HY "I am sorry for mocking your sincerity" got to him, it seem to have affected him greatly. 

I wonder about that too. Could it be that she is the first person to say sorry to him? To show sincere concern to him?

3 hours ago, tianaa said:

Spoiler

Is it just me or you guys also find this scene quite funny? Habaek is so serious is getting to know how Gods were created and he keeps referring to the scroll in front of him reading about how human male and female 'do this and that' to make babies (is he reading some documents equivalent to the subject of human reproductive system ?) and that High Priest keeps clearing his throat and is having some hard time to stop him from reading the details out loud?

I love it that Habaek is such an ardent reader...whether he's at his home or in the human's world, we see him reads all the time. A true king inside and out. 

I believe HB saw an Invisible man..i kept looking at this scene but there wasnt anything out of the ordinary behind the tress surrounding SA.

OZigKFG.png

And another scene in the preview, that looks like an invisible being/god/creature (whatever) that is attacking the CEO.

4hUPRWg.png

32 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

hmmm well it may need some time for us to understand all the workings of HY. I still find his character somewhat of a mystery even though we know now his identity.

I think the cliffhanger for ep 8 is so painful haha! I really wanna know what HB saw, from the looks of it either it must be HY or a another danger threat to SA, at least that is my inference for now.

Could it be he saw the coordinate on SoAh's Vanuatu map? 

1 hour ago, moodypie said:

I believe HB saw an Invisible man..i kept looking at this scene but there wasnt anything out of the ordinary behind the tress surrounding SA.

And another scene in the preview, that looks like an invisible being/god/creature (whatever) that is attacking the CEO.

Another villain? The main villain out there? Its getting more interesting.

Archived