[Drama 2017] Bride of the Water God, 하백의 신부

Chellsee

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Hueee said:

any live streaming links today?

you can google 'TVN live streaming' and many links will be available. It depends on luck actually. Last night my link was okay about 15 min and then it went blank. Tried a few more links and also blank. Hopefully tonite will have more luck.

20 minutes ago, amisyka77 said:

you can google 'TVN live streaming' and many links will be available. It depends on luck actually. Last night my link was okay about 15 min and then it went blank. Tried a few more links and also blank. Hopefully tonite will have more luck.

its so hard been looking for a while and all stream links dont work

I really love the "cool look" of our beautiful bride in this photo. :wub:

image_6394051071500352875423.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bride of the Water God 2017: Episode 5

WaterGod05-00434.jpg

The pace picks up a lot in this episode, offering more information on mysterious characters and answers regarding Ha-baek’s missing powers, while still managing to make time for some nice character moments between Ha-baek and So-ah. They’re growing closer despite themselves, having nobody else to trust but each other. And it’s a good thing, because they’re about to need each other in more ways than they can possibly imagine.

EPISODE 5 RECAP

WaterGod05-00059.jpg

WaterGod05-00061.jpg

We back up to the beginning of the picnic. While Namsuri gets their things together, So-ah soaks in a bit of sun. Ha-baek seems taken with her, only to envy the sunglasses she’s wearing and ask for his own pair.

As they head to their picnic spot, a car passes and Ha-baek recognizes the driver as the same man who seemed to be following So-ah the other day.

Ha-baek watches as the suspicious man tampers with So-ah’s car engine and tires. Having studied up on cars, Ha-baek deduces that the man is trying to cause an accident by making So-ah’s brakes fail.

read full article>>> http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/07/bride-of-the-water-god-2017-episode-5/

1 hour ago, supergal99 said:

I Love this scene....she doesn't need any words to say, but her looks, her gaze and expression is really good, just exactly describe how i felt as a viewer :tongue:

Ahhhh....seriously, I want to start like right now to watch this drama, but....maybe I'll wait a little more, coz once I started the wait for the next will just killing meeehhh..... :'(

9 hours ago, milwon said:

Why do i feel sad watching the preview in eng sub?? I pity both Habaek-nim and Yoon So-Ah. Please, drama, don't let it ends like scarlet heart. It is too painful.

And look like Yoon So Ah have fall in love with our Habaek. Poor So Ah, there won't be any cure for that:D 

Don´t trigger my trauma - because of that I needed a break. Need a happy end for our Couple this time.

I admit I wasn´t well informed about the manwha and all that. I just marathoned the Drama. So after backreading a bit - okay. Seems like she must be the reincarneted love. But will it follow the original in every parts. (Gosh - just to let you know - I have to wear a medical bracer - its hard to type and i make a lot mistakes. Even more than normal.)

I don´t like Moo Ra - and if she really did something to the firs love from Haebak... i will for sure hate her. And she will be able to do even more than... But hey - I love it when the Hero needs to rescue his Love. (old fashion is sometimes just the right way for me.) and yes - i love it too when in the end - she must rescue him.

3 hours ago, amisyka77 said:

Of course..she's like firing machine-gun and Habaek goes 'Here we go again'.

i had to put on pause to read all the subs, doesnt happen very often. 

actually i noticed that although she is a bit more "damsel" than i prefer, i dont think she gives the weak female vibe.

@Chellsee i know im giving you a hard time, but bc i backtrack, i dont realize i have so many things to say, therefor, i post separately and than its hard to combine. sorry

12 minutes ago, nevill said:

i like SA&HY interactions as much as i like SA&HB

I'm shipping both soha and sohoo couple

There are so many ongoing drama you can't resist to ship 2 couples in love triangle . It's really difficult to support only main lead -second lead are totally amazing .

What caught my attention in the last episode is that Bi Ryeom told to So Ah that they were gods but they were not almighty, since they couldn't bring someone back to life. So even gods have limited powers. Now, I am wondering if the emperor of the Realm world has more power than the other gods, for example he could be the one who brings back someoneto life or even turn a human into a god, makes him immortal. 

Then the question is: why did they lose their god stones? Could it be connected to their duties as guardian gods?  As guardian gods, they were supposed to look after the environment (sky, air for BR and water for MR) but so far, we saw that they were more interested in their own life in the human world. From my point of view, they chose to behave like the other humans: becoming rich and famous. Is it possible that Hoo Ye did get these stones because he is different from them? However, he wants to build a resort on the land owned by So Ah, giving the impression that he wants to separate the two worlds (god-humans) forever. I don't see Hoo Ye as a villain at all, I do think that he has good intentions. But he has not met Ha Baek yet. 

BR and MR have something in common: both look down on humans. When BR tried to bribe So Ah with money, he really thought that she could be bought like other people. Yet he failed, just like he did many years ago, when she buried his ring. She could have become rich and successful, but like she said on the bridge 14 years ago, she doesn't want to rely on anyone. Ha Baek has changed her as she is now willing to help him.  So Ah thinks that Ha Baek will leave her because he is supposed to go back to his world, but I suppose that he will tell her that he will protect her. So Ha Baek has no intention to abandon her. So Ah has abandonment issues in the end.

@athena22 @Visually-wandering @nonski @triplem @dramu51ch0c10ve @supergal99 @evie7 @Chellsee@USAFarmgirl@ktcjdrama@swagpuppysong

54 minutes ago, nevill said:

@Chellsee i know im giving you a hard time, but bc i backtrack, i dont realize i have so many things to say, therefor, i post separately and than its hard to combine. sorry

Hello @nevill... you don't need to worry at all. Please enjoy the thread and do keep on posting! :wub: :D

Pretty So Ah for you.

DFBOFD3VoAAyFns.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Episode 5 was lovely and in an hour, we will all enjoy Episode 6... :heart:

YwRFDtp09YQM636359645855170196.jpg

12 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

What caught my attention in the last episode is that Bi Ryeom told to So Ah that they were gods but they were not almighty, since they couldn't bring someone back to life. So even gods have limited powers. Now, I am wondering if the emperor of the Realm world has more power than the other gods, for example he could be the one who brings back someoneto life or even turn a human into a god, makes him immortal. 

this is a good point, if we assumed that SA dived into the water, and "killed" herself to go to the water realm,.but the gods have no ability to resurrect her than this theory may not hold WATER. 

15 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

she doesn't want to rely on anyone. Ha Baek has changed her as she is now willing to help him.  So Ah thinks that Ha Baek will leave her because he is supposed to go back to his world, but I suppose that he will tell her that he will protect her. So Ha Baek has no intention to abandon her.

i agree, she doesnt want to "belong" to anyone, she always dream of being on her own, but she allowed HB to barge into her wishes and her dream. and even didnt say anythin when he told her she was a god belongings. maybe the assurance that he will surely leave, makes her relax, as she knows that there is a time limit and her life will be alone again. 

of course she doesnt recognize yet how strong her feelings are for HB or his warning to her.  

15 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Then the question is: why did they lose their god stones? Could it be connected to their duties as guardian gods?  As guardian gods, they were supposed to look after the environment (sky, air for BR and water for MR) but so far, we saw that they were more interested in their own life in the human world. From my point of view, they chose to behave like the other humans: becoming rich and famous. Is it possible that Hoo Ye did get these stones because he is different from them? However, he wants to build a resort on the land owned by So Ah, giving the impression that he wants to separate the two worlds (god-humans) forever. I don't see Hoo Ye as a villain at all, I do think that he has good intentions. But he has not met Ha Baek yet. 

I am actually curious as to whether they lost their stones before becoming more like humans or vice versa. If it is the former, then they could have felt that they were not worthy of caring for their respective realms and decide to live among humans. But because they are still gods, they view themselves on a higher position than humans. If it is the latter, then it could be due to their carelessness and complacency that cause them to lose the stones.

Another critical question now that we know the intentions behind MR's & BY's actions: who has the god stones now?:blink: I'm thinking that it could be Hooye but I don't know why he would do such a thing.

@nevill But the theory about resurrection was told by Bi Ryeom and the latter is not fated to become the emperor. He had no idea that Ha Baek's powers were connected to So Ah which shows that he doesn't know much about the gods and the human world.

Finally, I had written before that Ha Baek's powers are only working, when So Ah has faith in him and his abilities, hence she shows her trust. Maybe the jump in 2018 is connected to her belief. Despite Bi Ryeom's words in the episode 5, she might be willing to trust Ha Baek's powers. Moreover, she coukd think like that: since she loves him so much, she suffers from the separation, hence she is not scared to die, if Ha Baek can not rescue her because a life without him is meaningless.  

3 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@nevill But the theory about resurrection was told by Bi Ryeom and the latter is not fated to become the emperor. He had no idea that Ha Baek's powers were connected to So Ah which shows that he doesn't know much about the gods and the human world.

Finally, I had written before that Ha Baek's powers are only working, when So Ah has faith in him and his abilities, hence she shows her trust. Maybe the jump in 2018 is connected to her belief. Despite Bi Ryeom's words in the episode 5, she might be willing to trust Ha Baek's powers. Moreover, she coukd think like that: since she loves him so much, she suffers from the separation, hence she is not scared to die, if Ha Baek can not rescue her because a life without him is meaningless.  

therefor more motivation to get them - i wonder if the old priest knows.

i think he has to touch her o be close to her. its their combined powers, imo. HB thought her wish to be saved would be enough, but when he tried to stop the car bc she wanted to be saved  it didnt work, it was her belief in him with him touching her. thats why he wasnt able to help her against BR bc she was to far from him, and they didnt touch or close to each other. i think it is the 2 of them together.

11 minutes ago, visiopeia said:

i think the god stone is actually the diamond ring which So Ah lost it... dont ya think so?

Hmm but Biryum gave similar diamond rings to more than 10 other people...I don't think he would split a god stone into pieces and distribute it to people like that.

11 minutes ago, visiopeia said:

i think the god stone is actually the diamond ring which So Ah lost it... dont ya think so?

I doubt it. If that was the god stone, BR would have known that he has given it in the past to So Ah...

2 hours ago, Mau_Cherry said:

Don´t trigger my trauma - because of that I needed a break. Need a happy end for our Couple this time.

I admit I wasn´t well informed about the manwha and all that. I just marathoned the Drama. So after backreading a bit - okay. Seems like she must be the reincarneted love. But will it follow the original in every parts. (Gosh - just to let you know - I have to wear a medical bracer - its hard to type and i make a lot mistakes. Even more than normal.)

I don´t like Moo Ra - and if she really did something to the firs love from Haebak... i will for sure hate her. And she will be able to do even more than... But hey - I love it when the Hero needs to rescue his Love. (old fashion is sometimes just the right way for me.) and yes - i love it too when in the end - she must rescue him.

same here. I cant watch another heart breaking drama after Scarlet Heart. Takes me many months to recover. Pls Habaek God, Bi Ryeom God, and Mo Ra Goddes. Dont let this to happen. 

Archived