[Drama 2016-2017] Still Loving You 빛나라 은수, Mon-Fri 20:25. Thanks for watch!

0ly40

@jimb you are right I did notice that bit about the overweight friend/member of Bit Na/her group. She really doesn't have to worry all that much that Bit Na is going to turn on her unless she does something major. Such as siding more with her teacher or more importantly showing some sort of pity or compassion in regards to Bit Na and her condition because we know that Bit Na is all about her pride and she isn't going to let it slide. Infact that was the very reason why she started to bully her current victim who was once her friend. The problem with bullies is that they generally don't change their victim or targets easily and that is why the victims have to suffer for such a long time as they don't get much hope. As it is Bullies only seem to target someone that is way weaker than them so that said victims can't strike back and all. This means that before they select on a victim they have to target the weakest bunch of the herd that means searching said list of potential victims. Once that is done they continue to do so unless they get bored or they find a new target to victimize. Unfortunately the later isn't all that easy because the school year is mostly full and any new student coming up at this point is extremely rare thus the victim has to suffer all that time on his own. Plus a new student even showing up is still no guarantee that the bullies may leave their current victim on their own again for a few reasons. They know their victim quite well so they may find it to tedious to figure out of the new student fits in their terrorizing category or not. Not that they won't do that if they think that is a better choice mind you. So her current member is more or less okay for the time being. Plus as long as she shows that she is loyal to Bit Na and like I said not try and pity her she is safe from Bit Na's wrath.

Speaking of the victim getting an apology from Bit Na thanks to Eun Soo I don't think that was such a good idea. Don't get me wrong I like it that Eun Soo actually cares about her students and that she is actively trying to prevent bullying and all but forcing a bully to apologize or even threatening her are not the right things to do. Forcing a bully to apologize especially when they are insincere in that regards is only worse for the victim because like I pointed out the bully may do that in front of the adult or teacher but the moment that they find themselves alone with their victim they are going to take out their frustration or revenge on them. In other words the victim is only going to suffer more in the end. Though sometimes I just don't get the teachers are they looking for more of a fight or something. I still remember when I was a kid in school we had this event where Santa was supposed to be giving us gifts and all (actually he was just returning our gifts back to us but that is another story altogether). Anyway as I was saying one of the guys I knew (was a bully to me though he had gone less) got a football as a gift. I made the mistake of being a bit to close to him and the football :) So I go and say oh you got a football/soccer ball. What happened next was him hitting me with that ball right on my face. Ouch that hurt and I got a nose bleed. Well the teacher found out (he couldn't get away from that as there were to many witness I guess) and took him to the principal. When he came back she made sure the guy apologized to me. What else could I do but accept it as the damage had already been done so I said that it was okay and the teachers response actually surprised me when she said that it wasn't okay. I have totally no idea what the teacher was expecting me to say or do? Was she perhaps looking for more of a fight maybe me throwing the football back in the bullies face or something. :) Like I said totally weird. I was just fortunate that the bully had sort of gone down in his bullying that I didn't have to suffer anymore in the future though I was planning on leaving the school anyway. Not due to the bullying mind you but more due to my parents descion but that to is another story. Also glad to see my experience in bullying made me correctly guess that the person who actually hit Bit Na was the victim. I guess my experience finally came in handy for something :)

@auntyem thankyou for point out that other drama that Park Hana was in.

@booha LoL about Park Hana's character here and Heaven's Promise. I think it is the opposite for me. I think that in this drama I actually feel more conflicted about her. Here I can feel both sorry for her due to how she is treated at home thanks to her grandmother and mostly ignored by the one person that she really wants aka her father and then that goes all away when she starts acting out like not only a brat but also bullying (perhaps as a former victim I understand her better and all and maybe a bit biased over here). On the other hand I just didn't like her character in Heaven's Promise she was a total brat and it really didn't help that she was acting out like that because she knew her birth secret when she was young. Sure I could understand some of her behavior there but me feeling all that sorry for her in that show just didn't happen.

Frankly I als think that Eun Soo made a mistake of trying to go and see Bit Na all by herself. The girl has claimed that not only did the teacher beat her but that she is scared of facing her. In this case Eun Soo needs to either confront her with multiple witness present to prevent an encounter of her spewing out more lies like she did in regards to Eun Soo beating her up in that room. Clearly what would prevent her from doing so again of making up of how her teacher barged into her room and not only threatened her but also tried to beat her up again so that she would lie and say that she made her try and say that she made that all up in regards to Eun Soo and all. But this won't really work because Bit Na isn't going to incriminate herself infront of all those witness. She will continue to play the victim. So unless Eun Soo actually plays smart she would have failed to elict a confession from Bit Na and unfortunately Eun Soo doesn't seem that smart since she listened to her boyfriend and decided to confront Bit Na all on her own. What she could have done is as people have already mentioned gone in with  a hidden recording or something basically no way that Bit Na could get out of. Unfortunately Eun Soo is either far to trusting or just to naive to think of this. For instance she seems to have the upper hand when she deals with Bit Na but the mistakes she makes is that she tends to reveal all her cards to her thus allowing Bit Na time to figure a way to wriggle out of said mess and prepare her own countermeasures. Perhaps for once Eun Soo should keep the facts to herself and then reveal them when the time is right thus revealing her true nature to the world. But hey when are drama leads generally known for their smarts. :)

@jimb in regards to whether or not Eun Soo's current teacher is supposed to be the brother of Soo Ho please refer to my earlier posts where I wrote the reasons where I don't suspect this to be the case. I may be wrong mind you.

I also recall whether or not marrying Soo Ho would help Eun Soo's mother from the wrath of Bit Na or her grandmother. I think that currently both Bit Na and Soo Ho are a perfect match for each other since both are quite immature and maybe even a bit of brats and all but this wouldn't be really a drama then would it. We need a mature person to teach and grow the other immature person into the perfect human being worth of their love and all. They will realize their mistakes and become a great person and all. This unfortunately means that Eun Soo will be saddled with said job and she will have to make a man out of Soo Ho and all. But as for him being a sort of comfort for her mother. As of now I really can't see that happening any time soon. He is simply lost in his own world and thinks that the world resolves around him. So unless he is willing to stay in Eun Soo's house that isn't going to happen. Plus he seems to be what people like to refer to as the Mama's Boy. This means that his mother wouldn't want him to live with his In-Laws no matter who they are. This would further mean that he wouldn't have all that much contact with his MiL thus I doubt that he can do much in protecting her from team Mean. All that he may actually be good for would perhaps be to comfort Eun Soo but I don't know how helpful that would be. Perhaps as a source of strength it might help her move forward till she actually gets the upper hand in her confrontations with Bit Na till then not so much. Also since Eun Soo seems to be the perfect Korean Drama person that is respectful to her elders no matter what and since grandmother will become part of her new family she is going to be taking all that abuse that will be heaped on her since grandmother is clearly not going to like her for what she has supposedly done to Bit Na in the past and more of what she will supposedly do (lies tha Bit Na may further spew) Hopefully her grandmother may not take this quietly and where her mother and her may take on this treatment silently she will confront Bit Na's grandmother. As of now she is the only one that can do so due to her age. Both Eun Soo and her mother won't do or say much due to the respect of elders and all. Plus Mother clearly wouldn't want to be one to try create a rift between her new family.

Have to watch the latest episode for more comments regarding it. Could only watch the first 10-15 minutes regarding it before I had to head of to work. Will check on it once I return. So till then take care all of you and continue to post in this thread. Hopefully we can break the record of this thread with the last one. This means that we have to exceed 141 pages in this thread. I know that we can do it. Keep it up people. :)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/6/2016 at 10:25 AM, Ldy Gmerm said:

I am skimming this drama but the way this brat is acting right now I can't fully watch this.. The worst thing for me is they will end up not only sister in law's but step sisters too. I can't even fathom how Mom and brats dad got together without their children knowing. Also brat has harassed and been rude to the leads mom. 

I honestly do not want a situation of that woman trying to be nice to this kid after the way she did her and her daughter. But I have a feeling that not all the facts of the situation are going to be known as well as the players. It will not come out to much later who the two are and the past and by that time its too late to do anything without others finding out. 

But Mom will act like a slave and bend over backwards for the spoilt brat, and will even be unfair to Eun Soo to please her.  

I'm currently watching to see Bit Na get payback for Eunsoo's unjust criminal record - with no evidence, how did she get convicted? so weird - but I don't know if I can tolerate more of her.  She makes me sick.

SYNOPSIS, EPISODE 8

Eun Soo speaks with her brother as she returns home from work. She tells him she was unable to persuade Rich Brat to tell the truth, and that she will appeal the court's verdict and prison sentence. He tells her that he, her mother and grandmother, and Good For Little Boyfriend are behind her. She is not reassured.

Eun Soo's mother and grandmother talk in their home. Grandmother says its about time she found a good man.

At dinner, Eun Soo announces that she will postpone the Family Meeting with Good For Little/s parents.

Rich Brat's father and Halmoni discuss Eun Soo's prison sentence. Rich Brat's father is having second thoughts. Halmoni is like, String her up! Halmoni and father believe that Rich Brat is unaware that Eun Soo has been sentenced to prison. (She of course knows, since she and Eun Soo discussed it the previous day.) Halmoni thinks that Rich Brat believes Eun Soo is only being transferred to another school.

Rich Brat sits in her bedroom. She does her Nose Wrinkle And Pout, like the world will never smell good enough to suit her. She recalls her demand that Eun Soo apologize to her in front of her posse. She remembers that Eun Soo replied that she tried to help her, but Rich Brat turned out to be worse than she thought. Rich Brat sneers triumphantly.

Sunrise over Jaemyoung Girl's High School.

Vice Principal struts and spews. Eun Soo is dismissed. Good For Little Boyfriend pretends he's somewhere else. Vice Principal spews some more. Good For Little cowers some more. Only following orders, etc. . .He orders Good For Little to take over Eun Soo's class. Good For Little looks like he's seen a ghost.

Obese Girl With Glasses runs into the classroom and announces that Eun Soo has been fired. Rich Brat looks like she has indigestion.

The office is empty except for Eun Soo and Good For Little, but he attempts to slink off without speaking. She calls out to him and he stops and looks at the floor. She asks to be allowed to address her students before leaving.

Eun Soo reads a poem about regret to the class. Rich Brat and her sorors seem subdued. Formerly bullied student stirs guiltily. She calls the students flowers about to bloom. Other analogies come more readily to mind.

The next morning Eun Soo rushes out of her house. She receives a call on her cell phone. She runs to her former school, where her brother is conducting a one-man protest. She sends him on his way and takes his place with the protest sign.

Formerly bullied student, and Good For Little slither by, avoiding her gaze. Rich Brat arrives and Eun Soo attempts to appeal to her conscience, but no one's home.

The Vice Principal arrives and squawks impotently: since Eun Soo was fired, she no longer has to jump..

Good For Little cowers at his desk. He guiltily eye's Eun Soo's empty desk. He recalls passing her without a word. He remembers his mother's demand that he keep his distance from any teacher accused of wrongdoing.

Eun Soo's mother collapses while moving a heavy load in the department store. She is taken to the hospital. Upon receiving word, Eun Soo abandons her protest and rushes to the hospital. Good For Little drives by and watches her enter a cab.

A video of Halmoni's assault on Eun Soo has been posted on the Internet. Rich Brat's father approaches as two nurses are viewing the video on a cell phone. He views the video.

Rich Brat sits in her bedroom wrinkling her nose and pouting. Her cell phone tinkles. Someone has sent her a copy of the video. She views it and is frightened. Maybe she and Eun Soo live in the same world after all.

Halmoni is in the process of abusing the cook. The food is too salty, the cook is an idiot, etc.. Rich Brat runs to show the video to Halmoni. Halmoni sees herself throwing Eun Soo to the floor and has the good sense to be appalled.

Eun Soo arrives at the hospital and talks with her mother's doctor. She learns that her mother has stomach cancer but has been avoiding surgery because she needs the money for Eun Soo's wedding. Eun Soo is devastated.

Meanwhile back at Rich Brat's house, Halmoni instructs Rich Brat to delete the video from her cell phone so her father doesn/t see it. Has Halmoni heard of the Internet? Rich Brat explains it to her.

Rich Brat notices that the video is going viral. She asks Halmoni if she knows the owner of the website it is posted on? She could call and get the video deleted. Halmoni is like, What's viral? What's a website?

Just then, Rich Brat's father bursts into the room. He must have retrieved his spine from his office closet before leaving for home, He is astonished to learn that the video is real and that, after some hemming and hawing, Halmoni admits that it is real. He takes no guff. She waxes misunderstood and indignant and storms out of the room.

Eun Soo talks with her mother. Her mother wants to leave the hospital now. Eun Soo tells her she needs to stay and undergo the surgery she needs.

Eun Soo sits in her mother's hospital room. She remembers Good For Little's marriage proposal, during which he promised to support her against all odds.

Just then, Eun Soo receives a call from Good For Little. She asks him to join her at the hospital. He says "Let's end this now." He admits to being a jerk but is mum about also being a richard simmons-hole.  She remembers his empty promises as she struggles to remove the engagement ring.

Eun Soo weeps in the corridor.

On 12/4/2016 at 0:12 PM, auntyem said:

@yamiyugi, She was also in "Apgujeong Midnight Sun". She actually wasn't as nasty in that one, but she did kind of start out that way, as she was trying to get revenge on her biological mother for abandoning she and her brother.

@auntyem  Park Ha Na started off horrible in that drama look at how she treated her brothers wife she was just awful barking orders at her also made her cut her hair because she didn't like the way her brother stroke his wifes long hair all this was going on while she was pregnant and even after the brother died she even took the child from her.. She was horrible there until later.. But in this drama all I can say is she and her halmoni needs to get a good wake up call because her crying wolf will come to and end rght when she's going to need her halmoni to help her.. Her dad is a very resonable man.. I thought that ES should hire someone to film her and sue the crap out of her and halmoni.. Well it's going to be rough but halmoni is in for some rude awakenings once she learns that he innocent little princess is full of you know what and is a hazard to society all thanks to her.. 

On 12/6/2016 at 7:25 AM, Ldy Gmerm said:

I am skimming this drama but the way this brat is acting right now I can't fully watch this.. The worst thing for me is they will end up not only sister in law's but step sisters too. I can't even fathom how Mom and brats dad got together without their children knowing. Also brat has harassed and been rude to the leads mom. 

I honestly do not want a situation of that woman trying to be nice to this kid after the way she did her and her daughter. But I have a feeling that not all the facts of the situation are going to be known as well as the players. It will not come out to much later who the two are and the past and by that time its too late to do anything without others finding out. 

@Ldy Gmerm  Another one of Park Ha Na antics we will be watching I just hope in this drama she gets a dose of her on medicine..  I think she will marry the older brother just so she can continue to wreck havoc on Es and her moms life..

10 hours ago, tulip06 said:

But Mom will act like a slave and bend over backwards for the spoilt brat, and will even be unfair to Eun Soo to please her.  

I'm currently watching to see Bit Na get payback for Eunsoo's unjust criminal record - with no evidence, how did she get convicted? so weird - but I don't know if I can tolerate more of her.  She makes me sick.

@tulip06  I can only stomach this drama one day a week and thats friday, I think BN should be made to have that record even if it'sw just while she's a juvenal but she will end up doing something very harmful to someone and halmoni will be paying for it dearly but she will hide it from dad..  

I simply love how the housekeeper told BN's GM off in today's episode:lol:. She was really cool! So it seems there's a time jump and ES has started working in a culinary school. GM's slapping and shoving incident went viral on the internet and the case was even highlighted on TV. This scandal caused BN's dad his job. And since the real identities of the student and her family members involved in this case were revealed and widely circulated, BN has agreed to study in the U.S. at the advise of her dad.

6 minutes ago, sk0317 said:

I simply love how the housekeeper told BN's GM off in today's episode:lol:. She was really cool! So it seems there's a time jump and ES has started working in a culinary school. GM's slapping and shoving incident went viral on the internet and the case was even highlighted on TV. This scandal caused BN's dad his job. And since the real identities of the student and her family members involved in this case were revealed and widely circulated, BN has agreed to study in the U.S. at the advise of her dad.

Thanks @sk0317  For the highlight of todays episode.. Karma is a beetch.. BN and Halmoni getting what they both deserved.. 

57 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

Thanks @sk0317  For the highlight of todays episode.. Karma is a beetch.. BN and Halmoni getting what they both deserved.. 

Nice to see you here :). I think BN and her GM are only getting a small fraction of what they deserve:lol:. ES got to meet her future partner (the jerk she first met in the club) at the police station. Apparently, ES's brother was involved in a fight with him.

I had assumed that when Good For Nothing Ex-Boyfriend exited the drama, the feckless male role would pass automatically to Rich Brat's dad.

I was wrong.

He was a little slow on the uptake.  And he certainly left many stones unturned re the truth of his daughter's allegations.

But he did face down Halmoni and act decisively when the evidence of misbehavior was unmistakable.

Especially with Rich Brat exiled to the U.S., maybe his marriage to Eun Soo's mother won't be the guano show we all had anticipated.

BN and Halmoni are a disgrace to the Dr.. It must have been totally embarrassing for him to see his mom behave that way because of BN.. I still think her and halmoni punishment is just to light and both should be made to pay a fine.. Well now she's out of the country so school must be fun for those she bullied in the past.. 

oh this is  scary   when  Bn  returns. remember how jealous  BN was of ES when she saw  ES and her  mother  hugging. BN is  going to  try  and steal everything  from ES.  guessing she  will spread  lies about ES  . will this  be  another  cooking thingy   that BN  will start  working where ES is  working.?. hmm Always Spring already  have juice making . don't think ES told her  family  what BN did to  her  when she  was a teacher. the grandmother  only  got a   bit of  info  .. ES is  going to  have a  rough  ride  ahead.

7 hours ago, wunwing1 said:

i just hope the writer will give ES/SH atlease 10+ episode to develop their relation. before rich brat come back from abord.

i guess i will pick up again since rich brat is abord for a few episode.

I think ES and SH will cross paths and we will see more bickering before they become a couple.

Although we might not see the Rich Brat for a while, I doubt she will return with a personality transplant:sweatingbullets:.

I wasn't going to invest my time and energy into another long running daily after TUF, but many thanks to @jimb, I am beginning to enjoy this drama better than TUF:).

After watching episode 9, I am starting to really like ES's GM. She might be "uneducated" but she is quick to pick up on things around her. It quickly became clear to her ES was the victim of the slapping and shoving incident after watching the footage on TV. She is also reasonable, sensible, sensitive, understanding and considerate. I can see her GD taking a lot of her good qualities after her. She is a good cook too! And ES is now working in a culinary institute and has plans to work in a food company dealing with fermented products. I think ES looks better with long hair:). But I guess the writer gave ES a new hairstyle to signify her new start in life/career.

Here are some of my observations:

• In the subbed version of episode 9, the TV footage stated the woman involved in the slapping and pushing incident is a woman in her 60's. The actress playing BN's GM is 75 years old. And not to sound mean, she looks 75 instead of  "a woman in her 60's" as reported in the translation.:sweatingbullets:
  • Although BN's GM is supposed to be a chaebol, you see her wearing the exact same outfit in episodes 8 (the scene where her SIL confronted her over the slapping footage that has gone viral) and 9 (the scene where she told her housekeeper she's fired). She even has the same ring on her on both occasions.
  • At the police station, ES remarked "Your head must be full of garbage." If I'm not wrong, I think ES used the word "poop" but the translation was "garbage" in the subbed version.

We see the appearance of Yoon Soo Hyun in the preview. I hope he is back in Korea alone and we won't see him arriving with a GF (KBN)...:sweatingbullets:

Archived