[Drama 2016-2017] Still Loving You 빛나라 은수, Mon-Fri 20:25. Thanks for watch!

0ly40

8 hours ago, jimb said:

@booha    This impending household is rife with possibilities, comedic and otherwise.

I assume that the two couples end up living together because both brothers continue to live with their parents after their marriages.

The parents are both pieces of work.  The father is at best gruff and irritable.  The wife is ditzy and something of a snob

Given the wife's personality and prejudices set the stage for two K-Drama staples:  (1)  Mother opposes son's marriage to non-wealthy woman and (2) the unpleasant mother in law.

For the three women, we can look forward to trilateral conflict among the mother in law and her two daughters in law.in addition to the anticipated fireworks between Eun Soo and rich brat.

I also wonder if Eun Soo and the older brother will get tired of parenting their respective immature spouses and turn to each other?

@jimb  Thanks for the recap, I agree were in for much much conflict with immature ES MIL will love her wealthy DIL ES running from household to household keeping conflict going at all ends until I guess Halmoni gets fed up with her antics and realize she was the biggest enabler of all to ES antics.. I would like to see the old woman on her knees begging and pleading forgiveness for raising her all wrong while ES being the trouble maker that she is watching and not trying to bow down herself in place of halmoni..  I do think her father will put his foot down with both of the women in they house.. I do believe thats ES maternal halmoni meaning mothers mother.. Es is going to try and raise the issue of him remarrying and using halmoni to disapprove of the marriage.. So lets see how things goes..

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which brother will ES be with the guy from the night club and later we see at the police station 7 years later. (given how they have met again I suspect it.) or the older brother who just flew in? I am wondering why they would put ES with the younger brother if that is their intention and make Bit Na go with the older brother. That puts BN in the position of 1st daughter in law perhaps (Hyung-nim) to ES. A very strange paring if they are aiming for that. Given BN's past with ES it will cause friction and we know BN is able to create lots of mischief. 

@jimb

I nearly forgot about Mrs Yoon who seems to have many bubbles in her head.   Currently I’m following 3  dailies  so all these crazy families are overlapping in my brain.  Pray I don’t bring  wrong parents into a wrong daily.  haha    I noticed someone made a comment that belonged in a different thread.    Now about two Yoon’s sons and their family, I don’t think it’s going to be that wacky like TUF.    First we don’t yet know how the writer would proceed with its plot line.  Maybe Eun Soo mom and  Bit Na dad tie a knot  first.  If this happens Eun Soo and GM may have to move in Bit Na’s home?  Then there are two grannies who are under a table-pinching/or eye rolling with HA HA to each other?   There are many routes for the writer to go about.  But it doesn’t mean we can’t make our own plot stew.   Now the character description says  Bit Na is hovering on the older son Yoon Soo Hyun. I don’t think she does that because she has a feeling  for him but possibly  she has some other motive to go after Yoon Soo Hyun??  Btw In daily some immaturity can be seen as having a sparkling  outlook with room to grow out   hehe :blink:   However soon we will see who this older son Soo Hyun is and then we can discuss more about who should go with whom.      

On 12/10/2016 at 10:02 AM, jimb said:

I wonder what the writers have in mind.  Eun Soo would appear to better matched with the older brother.  Club Jerk and Rich Brat seem made for each other . . .

Whatever the writers come up with, I hope it won't drive me up the wall.

i have not seen any scene after the time jump, but I think that would fit BN better. Some people think she and her group carry their teenage characters well,  not me. Their legs and knees are old looking, especially the bullied woman. The soft rounded look of a teenage or early twenties is not there. 

I remember many people at H Promise did not like BN's father's limited expressions, we will get to see more of him now:)

@tulip06 asked how Eun Soo could be convicted without evidence. Well the fact is that the victim decided to be Bit Na's witness which is what they decided to take into consideration. Here are the facts Bit Na was clearly injured and some of them clearly couldn't be self inflicted (slaps to her face) that means that there must have been another party to blame. In this case Bit Na clearly suggested that it was her teacher aka Eun Soo. But Eun Soo claimed that she was innocent. So they decided to further investigate the matter and tried to find the common link between the two. This being the bullied victim. It is also for that reason why they asked both of them if they would accept the victims statement as accurate. Now both agreed to that since they both thought that the victim would make the correct choice. Also the investigators must have thought that why would the victim lie after all wouldn't it have been in her favour to have Bit Na reported for abuse and thus punished. The same for Eun Soo she couldn't imagine that the victim would let the abuser to continue to abuse them if they are given the chance to escape. But like I said victims know that this is only a small measure gap and that the bullies are only going to get worse if they are reported now. The same way why I think that Bit Na being forced to apologize to the victim won't work compared to her sincerely apologizing to her. Also as I was saying the investigators investigated into the claims by both Bit Na and Eun Soo. Eun Soo claimed that Bit Na abused and bullied the victim whereas Bit Na claimed that she was innocent and that it was all a big misunderstanding and when the victim sided with Bit Na the investigators had to assume that Bit Na was thus being honest. Now unless there was some other proof they would have to go with that. Also it didn't help Eun Soo that she punished Bit Na and her friends earlier. Granted she didn't hit them so while I don't consider that corporal punishment and all clearly the investigators didn't see it that way. Plus here they had a few more students that were claiming that Bit Na was the innocent victim that was misunderstood by her teacher who not only jumped the gun but wasn't willing to listen to anything else but herself and we have to remember the victim was taking Bit Na's and her friends side by agreeing to this. This would further make it seem like Eun Soo wasn't being honest with them and thinking that she could get away with her actions. Plus I am sure that other students might not have known all this and perhaps sided with Bit Na. For instance when the phone incident happened and Eun Soo decided to punish them she tried to make them all kneel down and raise their hands. Bit Na refused to do so. At this point Eun Soo did sort of try and force her down and thus grabbed her. She did let go when a few students passed by but they might have gotten the wrong idea and may have thought that Eun Soo was trying to get physical with Bit Na and thus have told this to the investigators further indicating that Eun Soo was a teacher that liked to use force whenever she liked to dicipline her students which was against the school rules and all.

@jimb I guess that I must have missed that scene where obese girl may have looked a bit resentful when Bit Na was trying to make nice towards her former victim. But I doubt that she would have been the type to spill the beans on Bit Na. Let me come to that bit in a moment. It make more sense for Bit Na to pretend to be nice to her victim sine the victim has a small measure of power over her whether she realizes this or not. She can't totally ignore her former victim because the moment she tries to bully her the victim can easily go and change her story and tell everyone the truth regarding her getting hit and thus further embarrassing her so she has to  be nice to her. But for one of her group members to turn on her makes slightly less sense to me. Also not so sure why said person would seem resentful unless she was afraid that Bit Na would start to focus her attention on her now or else she secretly enjoyed bullying people and was afraid that she couldn't do so anymore. But even if that were the case I would still have my doubts in this regard. Well to be honest they would all be moot since we have arrived at the time skip so we may never know who was responsible for said event unless they reveal themselves to us later on. As to why I don't think that the friend was the one to rat out Bit Na is simply because she herself was a bully and in Bit Na's group. This would mean that she would have to incriminate herself in said actions for proof or even being a witness and that would mean that she to would have ended up being punished in someway or the other. Perhaps they wouldn't punish her as bad as Bit Na since they thought that she may have repented and thus told on Bit Na but regardless of the fact there would have been signs and indicators that would have pointed towards her. Another reason why I doubt that she was the one is because I believe I mentioned in one of my earlier posts that bullies behave in such manners such as they are cowards and that that they need a sense of power and that is why they hunt in packs which seem to give them courage and power. But even in this group there is an Alpha someone who is more dominant than the other members of his pack someone that has more strength, influence, wealth etc and this person tends to lead the group in this case this is clearly Bit Na. The other bully members come in to types. Type 1 is the lackey subcategory in which they fully follow what their pack leader tells them to do in fear that person may turn on them so it would be better to go along with their ideas. these are even more cowards then the Group Alpha and all and thus they won't really try and jeopardize said relationship. Bit Na's group seems to be in this category so I doubt that they would try and report her afraid of the repercussions that would be sure to follow them otherwise. Type 2 in this subcategory are the ones that might have grown a bit of a backbone and may be willing to try and broaden their borders and may try to take their own actions thinking that they are helping out their boss and all but even then they would still be afraid to anger them in anyway. The only way that they would actually try to go out against their bosses actions would be if they somehow seem to have the upperhand such as in this case one of them suddenly came into a large amount of wealth they might try and risk it but even then they won't be so lucky so they need to be more rich and powerful to confront someone like Bit Na. Something seems to tell me that only Bit Na is the princess of that school so I doubt that she was the case.

Frankly if I were to make an assumption I would have to go with the bullied victim as the one that posted said video online because she has the most motive to do so. Yes it is true that when Bit Na confronted her about said matter she claimed that she had no reason to do so because she was an acomplice as well and that their actions led to Eun Soo getting fired but if you look at further episodes such as when Eun Soo was outside the school protesting her innocence she happened to pass by and when she did look at her she seemed to feel a bit of guilt. Here was probably the only adult that had tried to take her side when no one else did and also genuinely tried to help her out unlike the others around her and she repaid said kindness by betraying her. The best way to make amends would be to let the world know the truth but secretly because otherwise her time with Bit Na would be worse when she found out and Bit Na would be even more mean and cruel to her if possible. Thus her doing so in secret makes more sense because she would still be afraid to do so in person because of fear of retaliation but she has another reason to do so now due to her guilt for her actions leading to Eun Soo getting fired. Plus she is safe from Bit Na retaliating against her because she can't really do much without proof. Well in this case she can't because the victim slightly had the upper hand and whatever Bit Na was she wasn't a total idiot. Though a better way to find out who uploaded the video would have been to perhaps try to figure out the correct camera angles and all and see who was sitting where and thus have the best position to do so. Not saying much since some of the angles in the video were clearly drama angles :) Which just might have been hard for a student to take just saying mind you. I guess that is why the investigators are having a hard time trying to figure out whether the video is real or doctored. :)

Kind of glad that we have a time jump now. So now we are in the present day. I think Eun Soo looked better with her long hair but short makes more sense here since she wouldn't have to worry all that much in regards to her cooking and all. Still wondering at Bit Na's dad. Before he decided to exile Bit Na to the ever welcoming States he promised her that he would join her shortly. I wonder what will happen to the grandmother then. Will she be able to live all alone not a very nice thing to do to an elderly person. Plus with her great personality I wonder how many people would be willing to give her company. Perhaps dad wants to keep Bit Na away from the bad influence of her grandmother and is thus trying to keep her far away from each other. :) . Also on a side note I think that grandmother may be the Dad's MiL because she knows an awful lot about Bit Na's mother and all. It would thus make more sense if she was Bit Na's maternal grandmother and not the dad's mother. I may be mistaken mind you. I am also assuming that since Bit Na is being sent to the fabled land of naughty people she is going to end up meeting her future partner aka Soo Ho's mysterious older brother over there and they are going to become a couple over there. Thus when she returns back to Korea after this time skip she is going to already be an item. It will just be to get him accepted in the family. I doubt that this is going to be much of an issue. I don't think that dad cares much about the social ladder as long as both parties are happy and all. Clearly indicated when he is going to end up marrying Eun Soo's mother and all. As for the grandmother she might make an issue but in the end she is going to give up why simply because in the end she eventually always ends up giving in to Bit Na and thus spoiling her. Though she might not make much of an issue because Soo Ho's family seem to be well of unlike lets say Eun Soo's family. On the other hand she is going to make a lot of problems in accepting them. Not only is her SiL betraying the memory of his late wife her daughter but she also can't seem to get along with both Eun Soo and her grandmother. Most probably according to her she may consider them as nothing but savages not even peasants worth hiring in her house.

Speaking of Eun Soo and her current teaching job in that lesson of hers was one of the members of that class Soo Ho's mother? That scene passed a bit fast so I couldn't be sure. Would this be the place where the two end up meeting each other? If so what will be her impression of Eun Soo. Will it help her consider her as DiL material? Though we do hear that Eun Soo is interested in making fermented food products and all. This will indicate how she is going to end up working for Soo Ho's family. They make those fermented beans if I am not mistaken? How she will get accepted there is another story.

Frankly I am surprised schools even allow their students to keep phones. Universities I can understand but schools not so much. In all my schools that I studied none of the students were allowed to keep phones and those that did bring were confiscated. Granted these mobile phones came in later and all so. Almost by the time I was finishing my studies and all but even then phones were simply not allowed there. Plus aren't kids in school a bit to young to carry not only mobile phones on them but they have to go ahead and carry smart phones for which they are even younger. True Bit Na is one of the older generation where I guess it is okay for her to have a smart phone and all. But speaking of smart phones I really don't think that those phones (in her year pre time skip) had such good video recording capabilities and be able to catch that incident on such high quality further confusing the poor investigators who might have been investigating said case. Though I guess since in Korea most of these students tend to over study in school. Thus going home after sunset it makes sense for them to have phones on them. But in this case the school should be responsible and simply take in the phones at the start of the day and return them when the students are going home. To bad they only decided on doing this after the incident went viral.

Empty top room available in Eun Soo's house. Most probably will go to Soo Ho or his older brother. The only way that Soo Ho will get it is if his family decides that they have had enough of his free living style where he can spend all their money freely. Thus it would make sense for them to not only cut him of but to also tell him to either become independent. I guess the small favour that they could do was allow him to work in the family business thus paying him something and that he would have to make his living on that amount. The problem here is that this is something that his father may do. I find that his mother may be okay with that. Still if this is the case I can be sure that it will take atleast a few episodes before both Soo Ho and Eun Soo realize that they have been living in the same house. Can be have a supposed following the girl/guy home incident where they misunderstand each other only to be shocked and surprised that they live in the same house all this time. :) On the other hand if it is Soo Ho's brother that makes more sense for a few reasons. He seems to be sort of independent as he has been able to live in the States or wherever he is studying from all on his own. In that case it would make sense that when he returns to Korea he still wants to be independent and all. He can still meet up with his family from time to time. Normally I would say that it would also help Eun Soo because since he would be living in the same house sort of he could actually see Eun Soo and how her family interacted and know that they are good people and all and thus when he goes home you can be sure that the mother would be bad mouthing Eun Soo and her family without fully realizing that she knew the mother and all. So for instance you can have Soo Ho's mother complaining to Eun Soo's mother how there is this girl working for them who has set her sights on her poor innocent son and wants to charm her way up, perhaps even add in a bit of a shock of how she slapped the girl to stay away from her son and all and Eun Soo's mother who doesn't know that she is talking about her own daughter is going to be agreeing that Soo Ho's mother did the right thing. Meanwhile Soo Ho's brother may have come across a distressed Eun Soo. Later on when he realizes that everyone knows each other he might try and bridge the gap between them. Normally I would say that this would be the case. Unfortunately he is going to be saddled up with ending up being with Bit Na. This means that he can't easily take Eun Soo or her families side even if he knows them. Unless he has a way of not hurting his wife along the way and tone her antics down. I wonder of Bit Na is going to paint her stepmother as a terrible MiL? But if he has lived with them he might know that this isn't the case. At this point I doubt that they would mention the room just like that without trying to give it to just an unknown or side character. So in that case I suspect that it might just be one of them. Other options Bit Na. For her next to impossible as I doubt that her grandmother would ever allow her to live anywhere else other than her little prisoner. The only way that I can ever imagine Bit Na and family living there is if when they were in the States they got involved in another similar issue but unlike in Korea where the rich like to walk over the poor and all the poor end up taking advantage and love to sue the rich. So in this case one of the victims sue Bit Na and her family and thus end up becoming rich and all while Bit Na and her family become totally peniless and thus have to return back to Korea and have to make do with what they have left. Would say that this would be a good dose of Karma but I find it hard to believe that they would or could suffer such a fate so early in  K-Drama land plus with them becoming part of Eun Soo's family I find it even harder that could happen because they would then come under the angelic protection of Eun Soo and her kind nature and all. I guess final option might go to Cadaver Girl. But she hasn't really been introduced and developed all that much so I can't be for certain in that regards. Would love to listen and read to anymore suggestions of who might be possible. At this point I may go for Soo Ho's older brother as having a higher chance followed by Soo Ho himself, then Cadaver Girl and finally Bit Na or her family. Might also be a nice twist if they could reintroduce to us the bullied victim who has now become an independent and confident person since she didn't have to live in fear of being bullied from Bit Na on a daily basis now and the other members of Bit Na's group had no reason to do so since they only went along with what Bit Na was doing just so that they wouldn't get on her bad side and all. But the moment her paths cross again with Bit Na will certainly be an interesting story arc. Unfortunately I doubt that is going to be the case.

Still I guess the one good thing Bit Na had to do when she got exiled to the States is that she could finally stop playing the piano since her grandmother couldn't force her to do so anymore. Unless the grandmother couldn't live without it and ended up following her over there just to hear her play. :0 Otherwise Bit Na could easily fool her by recording music and playing it on the phone since the grandmother might not have an idea of how the internet and perhaps even video chatting works. :) Perhaps that is why they run out of money daily long distance chats must play havoc with the phone bills making them run out of money real fast :)

Ha @booha confusing threads can be amusing if done right. Would love to read that and then picture said event. Granted not everyone can see the humor in that. But it happens. Infact that is the reason why I try to limit my drama watching these days to avoid it. I am slightly fortunate that I only watch KBS World dailies as they are much easier for me to watch and frankly like I may have mentioned earlier subbing dailies is something that is relatively new. This is the only reason why I can now watch two dalies being this and Always Spring respectively. It doesn't help that the dad from The Unusual Family is in that one and likes to dress in the same manner when he was in Jang Miri thus confusing me at times with a few other scenes. :) Had this been a few years back I could never even think of even considering being in some other daily thread because it would have been ages since anyone would bother subbing said episodes even if they did so and by the time they would do so the show would have already been ended thus I would have nowhere to talk about said show. Not that I am going to another thread due to time and all. :(

@maribella thanks for reminding me all about Bit Na's father and his limited expression in Heavens Promise. To be honest I never noticed that unlike some viewers but I did love reading said comments about that. :) To me his expressions were never a big deal there so I doubt that they will be here as well. Then again time will tell. :)

@jimb I kind of agreed with you that currently Soo Ho and Bit Na would make a perfect couple and that would mean that Eun Soo and older brother would be matched up as both of them would hopefully have been mature and all. Unfortunately then we really wouldn't have much of a story now would be. Where would be the character growth and all. They characters would stay the same and I would shudder at the kids to come. Then again someone suggested that perhaps Bit Na deliberately targets the older brother. This kind of makes sense if they have never met each other in the States then it may be possible. After all we all know how Bit Na thinks about Eun Soo and is so jealous of her that she likes to go after things that Eun Soo has and must posses them at all cost such as when she tried to go after Eun Soo's former boyfriend. I guess when she realizes who her stepmother and sister are she would try and make the mother take her side and steal her new boyfriend if possible. If she succeeds you can be sure she wouldn't want Eun Soo to be happy or rich thus allowing her to come in her league. She may think that she has won only for Eun Soo and Soo Ho to become an item. At first it won't matter to her (can help if Soo Ho was a tenant at their place so she may not think much about him as a potential threat and all) But the moment she realizes his potential she is going to be against said relationship at the start unless she realizes that she is actually in a position to lord over Eun Soo due to their new position thanks to said relationship and all. You also asked whether Eun Soo and Soo Ho's older brother just might give up on their significant others due to their childish behaviors and be attracted to each other due to them being older, wiser and more mature. If this was an American Soap Opera then I am sure one could expect something like that from what I hear about them soaps I hear that this is a regular occurrence and all. But since this is a Korean Drama and all I doubt that this will be the case. Unless you were joking which is quite possible. :0 Don't worry by the time this show ends we will have forgotten all about this terrible bratty girl who has suddenly become this perfect angel who gets along not only with her in laws but also her step family (mother, brother and sister). Will have saved a company from a hostile take over as well. Perhaps she may very well have been the reason for an attempt to even be made but that will conveniently have been forgotten and forgiven since she has saved said company. She will have perfect memory and she may even become an international piano player. Her grandmother still won't approve of her being a K-Pop star so no joining for her in  a K-Pop band. :) Better yet I would say that the grandmother ended up with dementia and thus can't recognize anyone else and one day she left the house and forgot all about where she lived and her family thus getting lost for all of eternity. To bad this is a Kdrama where such a thing isn't possible. If this were to happen you know that Eun Soo's mother is going to be a dutiful DiL and is going to end up taking care of evil grandmother even if she doesn't deserve it. Perhaps one day in her bout of clarity grandmother is  going to realize this and ask for forgiveness and after that she will forget who Eun Soo's mother really is but is going to think that she is her long lost daughter and treat her like that.

Then again there might be no case of dementia or even amnesia in this case. :)

LoL I was just looking up the drama of Park Hana that was in that was mentioned by @auntyem and @sava2sava namely Apgujeong Midnight Sun and found out that it was written by the same writer as Princess Aurora. LoL why did it have to be by the writer that is on my Ban List. I was about to give it a shot before realizing this. I wonder how high the body count was in that drama. :) So I guess I won't be able to check her out in said drama. Will just have to live with that. Not a deal breaker for me.

Frankly in these nine episodes I actually like Eun Soo and her family dynamics. They are there for each other in there times of need and support each other no matter how bad things get. Unlike lets say Soo Ho or Bit Na's family. For Bit Na we have a dad who simply doesn't know how to take care of his kid that he has left the entire upbringing of said fact to his MiL in which the end result is that she ended up spoiling her silly. Now Bit Na just needs to get her way and if anyone opposes her ideas (heavens there be such a thing as free will or anything similar) then that person needs to be crushed and careers ruined if possible. If she can't do it on her own because she doesn't have enough power she knows exactly who to go and ask namely her grandmother. Atleast her father still knows what is right and wrong to an extent and doesn't blindly follow her demands. But like I said he needs to pay more attention to her life and needs to do things on his own rather than let the grandmother intervene and all. Perhaps things wouldn't have gotten so out of hand then but that would most likely mean that the victim would have continued to be bullied then. The only thing about Bit Na in her favour is that she atleast feels bad about what she has done. Unfortunately it simply isn't enough since she continues to be nasty till the bitter end and tries to demand people to do as she wants. Thus at the moment not redeemable enough. As for Soo Ho and his family the dad is still the better person over there. I can't judge much for Cadaver Girl since we were only introduced to her briefly but I can guess that she likes to play pranks sort of and is trying to prove herself in mans world? I wonder what kind of SiL she is going to turn out as. I guess since she can be a common link and we just might have a small story/love line between her and Eun Soo's brother that she may be the real bridge between the families. So in that sense perhaps she may be the only nice person in that house. But then we can't have to many nice people on Eun Soo's side before people start complaining. So I can only imagine that Bit Na is going to play the victim card and is going to make it look like Eun Soo is a terrible person thus she is going to be treating her poorly as well until she discovers whose sister she really is and then she is going to remember all those conversations that she had with him of how he mentioned how great his sister was but how she was treated terribly by her SiL's :) Boy that is going to be funny when that happens. The mother seems to take the Mean MiL troupe. She clearly thinks that her son is to good for someone like Eun Soo so at first she is going to be nasty in the hopes that Eun Soo gives up and all. But the only way that I may go along with that is if she is just as evil to Bit Na. But as of now I find that a bit hard to believe since she loves money so much and Bit Na comes from money thus she will believe that being nice to her will help her family standing and all. Plus she may think that with Bit Na's family connections she may do something to improve her sons condition or their family business and all. So I guess this woman will be on Bit Na's side no matter what. As for Soo Ho's dad he seems to be the guy with sense he seems to listen to what others around him say and make a decision based on that. I guess he will be the one that will be the first to accept Eun Soo as part of their new family and all. But I doubt that he can be there to bail her out every time. Hopefully he will be Eun Soo's teacher down the line instead of his wife. That means that Eun Soo will atleast have someone on her side in that house. Soo Ho well I have no words for him as of now except that he needs to grow up a lot. :) His mother spoils him like grandmother does Bit Na. He thinks that the whole world should revolve around him. Heck he has more things in common with Bit Na but then I guess they are going to go with Opposites attract and they will somehow find a common ground and thus manage to find a way to ground him with Eun Soo.

As for the ending of episode 9 I really hope that the two don't recognize each other straight away. That will make for more drama and we have to remember that this is a 120 or more episode show. Perhaps we can have Eun Soo twist his arm again for some reason or other and that is when he will recognize her from the girl from his past. As for Eun Soo I have no idea how she will remember him. Perhaps we can have it that she recognizes him but doesn't say anything except vague hints like you haven't changed since seven years or so and he has to wonder when and how they met until we have that arm twist scene again. Till then we can have him be like a jerk towards her :( and all thus perhaps Bit Na thinks that he is on her side but the more he tries to get even with her the Eun Soo luck will slowly rub of on him and he will realize just what kind of person she really is and will have fallen for her at that point. Though convincing Eun Soo that he has changed for the better will be harder to do but I guess more worthwhile for their relationship to grow and all.

Well that will be all from my end for now. Till then take care all of you and lets hope that we get an episode today so that we will have something to talk about. :)

On 2016/12/10 at 2:25 PM, booha said:

@sk0317

I watched ep9.  Thank goodness the school antics are over.  Now I’m ready for the adult antics.  hehe   I agree with you about  Eun Soo  grandma.  She is uncomplicated and has a warm heart.   It was a nice scene  to watch how GM helped Eun Soo cry and let out her bottled up emotions so that Eun Soo would go back herself before the time jump.     At the end of the episode, there was a brief reencounter between Eun Soo and her future husband, Soo Ho.   Didn’t  he get hit by cupid’s arrow  just then!!   I like Eun Soo’s short hair.  I think her new look makes a good match with Soo Ho.  They might create a good chemistry as OTP.   Soo Ho a bit like DT??

Thank you for the articles.  So the spoiled cute puppy started all upheavals.  Then this about lip balm/a navy coat…. waahhaa .. so amazing   Ever since I started to watch kdrama or better saying daily, I began to see makjang kdrama  in the real world.   This article is like reading a makjang k-daily script.   This country had a similar incident(makjang k-daily kind of suff) with Nixon.   His case is worse than Park because the main culprit was him whereas Park’s embarrassing problems are from her associate Choi.     This makjang stuff happened in the election here, though I couldn’t go into all the details but it was truly a pure makjang event and then people elected a makjang king.   

How was your weekend @booha?

There are times ES and her GM sob and cry together. But I also like how ES's GM sometimes puts up a strong front in front of her GD. She is so understanding and loving. She cries after ES left the room and it must have really hurt her how ES had to suffer and bottle up her fear, frustrations and confusion alone during the whole ordeal of the slapping and shoving incident and subsequently her breakup with her BF. She doesn't just say "Aigooo..." and she can be quite proactive. Her GM went to ES's workplace soon after realizing ES was the victim in that incident. I am a little worried about ES's brother though. He does care for his family but sometimes he can be a little "quiet". He doesn't open up his feelings too much. He didn't allow his real emotions to show (chose not to hold his mom's hands) when he went to see his mom before her surgery. ES and her brother look out for each other and I think that is great:). ES's brother waited outside their house for her after knowing she made a visit to BN's after the trial. He also protested in front of ES's school after the verdict. And in the last episode, we saw ES rushed to the police station after getting a call about a fight between her brother and the Club Jerk. They have a pretty good relationship:). I predict ES's brother will end up with the Club Jerk's sister...

The Club Jerk is young and sweet-looking:). But he is still very much a jerk in this drama:lol:. Thank you for the updates on the real ages of the actresses and actors in this drama:). I do think and agree with you that ES's new hairdo is to make her a better match for Club Jerk. It does make her look a little younger. I suspect the caller was Club Jerk's father and he is going to send him to live alone on that rooftop room to teach his younger son a "lesson in life". I think that is where the bickering and "troubles" begin for the OTP...ES being the more "mature" character will help "tame" the wild and unruly Club Jerk. On the other hand, Club Jerk's more "stable and mature" older brother will help keep a manipulative and bratty BN in check?:sweatingbullets:

On 2016/12/9 at 6:07 PM, maribella said:

I could not login for some weeks and so could not say good bye to 'unusual family' soompiers. Suddenly, I can login, not sure what I did.  Nice to see familiar names. I am looking forward for us all to post what we think.

Many of us were surprised ( put off too) by the actress who became oh so sweet at the end of H. Promise, now she is playing the spoilt rich brat again! Can I predict that this will have a kumbaya ending :)?. Oh why not, as long as it is not too ridiculous.

She is quite old to play a 19 year old. But in unusual family, that little girl whom many of us did not like was supposed to be 4. I did not buy that. I  am also watching oh Geum Bi. She is playing  a 10 year old and her acting is just great.

i am watching KBS. The mother has been diagnosed with stomach cancer ( nothing like diabetes or high BP for K dramas :)) wonder how she is going to marry the doctor. Unless our heroine was adopted.

Welcome back @maribella and I had problems getting on this site and with my internet too:tears:. Yes it's so nice to "see" familiar TUF posters here:).

Sorry to sound mean, but I do think the actress playing the second lead in "Weightlifting Fairy KBJ"  looks much older than the main lead when they are seen together. I have not watched any drama with PHN but from the comments here, she has been more or less stereotyped as a brat:sweatingbullets:. And I love watching the child actress and OJH in "Oh Guem Bi". Their acting is superb and they are rather convincing in their roles.

In the preview for episode 10, ES's mom was seen driving a small van in some kind of outfit. I think she might have changed jobs after her surgery and might cross path and meet her future husband as a result of her new career? I do wonder if BN's dad will stay and work in the medical profession after the 7-year time jump.

On 2016/12/10 at 1:30 AM, stroppyse said:

Totally agree with you on this. However, thought you might find it funny that wrt adultery: an actual word for adultery (pronounced bul-yun) does sound similar to a word for wind (pronounced ba-ram), however, the word "wind" itself is also used to indicate adultery. So when someone is said to "do wind" or "make wind", that usually means that he/she is having an adulterous affair. I think this is because someone who is having an affair are indiscriminate about who they are with, perhaps, like the wind is? 

Sorry for the late response @stroppyse:sweatingbullets:. I encountered problems with my internet and it's really frustrating:tears:.

A big and warm welcome here and please do drop by occasionally as we value, benefit and learn a lot from your insightful posts and comments:). Many thanks for the explanation; it's very interesting to know the different meanings of the word "wind":).

I notice in most K-dramas, when a character needs to take a breather, he or she says, " 바람 좀 쐬고 올게요. "

BTW, I don't really follow "Always Spring" because just like you, I am experiencing SLS. A real pity because the second lead HJ is such a gem.

On 12/10/2016 at 7:58 PM, Ldy Gmerm said:

Which brother will ES be with the guy from the night club and later we see at the police station 7 years later. (given how they have met again I suspect it.) or the older brother who just flew in? I am wondering why they would put ES with the younger brother if that is their intention and make Bit Na go with the older brother. That puts BN in the position of 1st daughter in law perhaps (Hyung-nim) to ES. A very strange paring if they are aiming for that. Given BN's past with ES it will cause friction and we know BN is able to create lots of mischief. 

@Ldy Gmerm  Well get ready were in for a lot of the lil snot antagonizing and lies.. I think she willbe taught a good lesson about crying wolf all the time and when she's really going to need it nobody will be there for her..

SYNOPSIS, EPISODE 10

In a bar, Club Jerk is discussing his relationship with his partner in the proposed videogame company. They warn him that the partner is unreliable and owes millions of dollars. Club Jerk dismisses their concerns.

Club Jerkexcuses himself and attempts to call his partner on his cell phone. His partner's phone is switched off. Club Jerk shows signs of concern.

Club Jerk prepares to leave the bar. His drinking buddies note that his partner was supposed to join them in the bar but never showed up. They joke that Club Jerk has probably already loaned his partner a large sum of money that he will never see again. Club Jerk is irritated. On his way out Club Jerk bumps into Eun Soo's brother and they fight.

All of the preceding turns out to have been a flashback.

Eun Soo, her brother and Club Jerkand his sister are in the police station. Eun Soo is demanding that Club Jerk apologize to her brother. They exchange words. She gives Club Jerk a good smack in the face. The police allow Eun Soo's brother to leave since the CCTV footage confirms that Club Jerk threw the first punch. Club Jerk remains in custody.

Outside, Eun Soo berates her brother for fighting. He says that he is not eager to sue Club Jerk because Eun Soo's experience has left him wary of the legal system.

Club Jerk's mother receives word, on her cell phone, of his misadventures. She learns that the $30,000 she gave Club Jerk for his business is gone.

Club Jerk's father learns that his son is in custody. Both of club jerk's parents go to the police station. When they arrive, Club Jerk is asleep in his cell. He talks in his sleep, begging his partner to return his money. His father regards him with disgust and decides he should remain in jail at least until he wakes up.

At their home, Club Jerk's mother unsuccessfully attempts to rouse her sleeping husband. She discusses Club Jerk's situation with her daughter. It turns out that daughter and father agree that Club Jerk could profit from some time in jail. They argue.

While mother and daughter are arguing, Club Jerk's father has gone to the police station and bailed him out. Club Jerk leaves the police station and encounters his father, who makes him eat tofu as a penance. He eats the tofu, but without gusto.

Father and son retire to a restaurant for some hangover soup. Club Jerk berates a waitress, complaining that the soup has too much MSG. She rebukes Club Jerk and leaves. His father tells him to eat the soup.

Club Jerk's father notes that it has been six months since he graduated from his university and asks about the progress of his business venture. Club Jerk chokes and spits up soup.

Unaware that his wife has already lent Club Jerk money for his business, Club Jerk's father says he might lend him money "on one condition," which he does not immediately state.

Back at their restaurant, Club Jerk's father states his condition: Club Jerk must become a certified cook within two months. That means culinary school. We can see where this is headed . . Mother and son protest but father does not budge.

At their house, Eun Soo's brother is trying vainly to conceal his bruises from his grandmother. He falsely tells her that he fell down.

Elsewhere Eun Soo's mother is driving a dry cleaner's delivery truck. She must have told the department store to shove it. She stops to allow some girls from Eun Soo's former high school to cross the street. They thank her and she looks sad.

Later we see her working in the dry cleaning shop with Eun Soo's grandmother. Eun Soo's mother hands off some laundry to a chauffeur. When the chauffeur leaves, she remarks that he works for a nasty old lady who is always firing her help. We can see where this is headed, too.

They discuss Eun Soo's brother's misadventure. Eun Soo's mother mentions the students she encountered on her delivery and says that it brought back sad memories. They discuss how Eun Soo was unable to prove her innocence and how she transitioned from high school to cooking school teacher but it is unclear whether Eun Soo served any prison time.

The nasty old lady is: Halmoni. In her house she is berating a maid and threatening to fire the chauffeur for being late in picking up the laundry. Rich Brat's father enters the room and Halmoni insists that he change into one of the newly laundered shirts.

Halmoni says she will leave for a visit with Rich Brat for a month. It turns out that Rich Brat has a job (Human Resources?) Rich Brat, still in the U.S., has been reluctant to return to Korea where her notoriety apparently still lingers.

Halmoni asks how Rich Brat's father will make do on his own. He replies that, among other things,, he can take his own clothes to the dry cleaner's. The writers are not being subtle today .

Club Jerk's brother walks through an airline terminal. Rich Brat is also walking through the airline terminal. She apparently has returned to Korea. This kind of contradicts the conversation between Halmoni and Rich Brat's father, but what the heck?.

@sk0317 Predicts that ES's brother will end up with Club Jerk's sister.

Good couple.  He's not so bad.  She seems more or less  like ES: mature, a force for go

What I'm waiting to see is whether ES's brother goes nuclear on Rich Brat when he finds her in his sister's household and realizes who she is. 

Perhaps fueled by a brewskie or three.

The drunk man may end up speaking his sober sister's thoughts . . .

Why do I feel a headache at the sounds of this drama.. BN is going to be more then those people can handle..

Mom seems to baby her young son and very over protective of him so BN thinking she will control that household with her antics because she's married to the older brother is in for a rude awakening.. 

11 hours ago, jimb said:

@sk0317  The ES-Club Jerk romance still baffles me.  In real life, would a woman like ES regard him as boyfriend material? She has to teach him Adulthood 101:  Lesson 1, avoid fistfights . . .

:lol: It baffles me too. I think Club Jerk will start to appreciate and fall in love with an older ES when he gets all the attention from her teaching him Adulthood 101:). In episode 10, the writers who are not being subtle, portrayed Club Jerk as someone who has a discriminating palate. He could tell straightaway the food his dad ordered for them after his bail/release from jail, had MSG in them. And he was quick to recite the motto "You get punishment for messing around with food" of his dad's shop:). I foresee the older Yoon brother responsible for the management and daily running of his father's business while the younger Yoon brother will be put in charge of food preparation and cooking:).

In the past, I have heard of cases of older women who become attracted to younger men who do not hold a job. Some women find these "helpless" men irresistibly "cute":blink:...perhaps it's their maternal instinct at work? These jobless men are more or less dependent on their partners not only for attention, love, but also for financial assistance. In the worst scenarios, these men are referred to "Himo Otoko" or "Rope Men", when literally translated to Japanese. The origin of the word comes from the rope that is tied to the waist of a woman shell diver who dives for abalones and sea urchins for sale. When she gathers enough wares, she pulls the rope to signal she is ready to be retrieved and the man on the boat picks up her signal and pulls and drags her out of the sea.

That said, not all relationships and marriages involving older women and younger men are like the one described above:sweatingbullets:. One of my husband's sisters, my husband's younger brother's wife and I are older than our husbands. Our husbands are nothing like Club Jerk though...

1 hour ago, jimb said:

@sk0317 Predicts that ES's brother will get into a fight with Club Jerk's sister.

Actually, no need for him to fight Club Jerk's sister.  She seems more or less  like ES: mature, a force for good.

It seems more plausible to me that he might go nuclear on Rich Brat when he finds her in her sister's household and remembers who she is.

The drunk man speaks the sober sister's thoughts . . .

Sorry for the misunderstanding but what I meant to say was ES's brother will fall in love with Club Jerk's older sister. He obviously has a crush on his senior from the same university and was quick to accept her apology when she offered to apologize on her brother's behalf, angering ES in the process. The fight started when one of ES's brother's friend bumped into Club Jerk who was leaving the bar. Club Jerk asked for an apology but was told to get lost instead. Club Jerk then attempted to throw a punch at him before ES's brother stepped in to intervene. He got punched instead of his friend as a result.

It looks like BN has defied her father and left her job in NY. She has decided to return to Korea and will continue to live as a brat and create more problems for her family and those unfortunate people around her:blink:.

episoe 10 was ok. atlease that rich brat bully isnt there to ruin for me.

sad that rich brat bully alreay back in korean in episode 11. i was hoping she would be gone for more episode.

i can already guess what it going t happen. the writer going make both bro fall for ES. which will make the rich brat bully even more mad at ES. to the point were rich brat bully will steal the older bro from her.

i guess the writer going make SH have a crush on ES. till his old bro is married to rich brat bully. or i could be wrong.

the chance of rich brat bully turn over new leaf is very small.

well atlease with SH contract with his pa. it going be hard for him to live his old life.

i still cant beilieve SH would just give his friend 30k money up front without knowing what kind of friend he is. seem like that friend did alot of bad thing while he was in the army.

On 12/12/2016 at 7:33 PM, sk0317 said:

Welcome back @maribella and I had problems getting on this site and with my internet too:tears:. Yes it's so nice to "see" familiar TUF posters here:).

Sorry to sound mean, but I do think the actress playing the second lead in "Weightlifting Fairy KBJ"  looks much older than the main lead when they are seen together. I have not watched any drama with PHN but from the comments here, she has been more or less stereotyped as a brat:sweatingbullets:. And I love watching the child actress and OJH in "Oh Guem Bi". Their acting is superb and they are rather convincing in their roles.

Thank you sk0317. I watched most of Heaven's promise with the actress in it. I think viewers have to suspend a lot of reality when watching Kdrama dailies. Thankfully they wore uniforms just as in Goong, that helps me get over old looking 19 year olds. Many soompiers may be too young to remember the American series Beverly hills plus zip code , cannot remember. Those actors and actresses were all at least early twenties and they looked old.  I remember one cheeky undergrad said they looked old like grad students - to me and a few other grad students.

just finished watching bits of epi 9 and all of 10. I am afraid we are going to see ES' mother, Lady Han in Dae Jang Geum being abused by the old horror every day since it says she - Lady Han will marry BN's father who btw was Dae Jang Geum's father. @yamiyugi   Like you I did not find him to be uni-expression. But his screen time was not much in HP. So I might have skipped his close ups. 

I watched eps 9 and 10. While I like the devotion of ES' grandma to daughter and grandchildren, really coming to her grand daughter's school is a bit much, I think. After all she is a teacher, and should know how to defend herself. Not as bad as the harridan BN's grandma.

oh no the awful BN is back.

Archived