[Drama 2016-2017] Still Loving You 빛나라 은수, Mon-Fri 20:25. Thanks for watch!

0ly40

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@sk0317  Club Jerk's brother goes out on a date and fals asleep for two hours, and his date simply watches him sleep because she knows he needs his rest?  And is still there when he wakes up?  If such a woman exists in nature, he would be a moron to throw her over in favor of Rich Brat.

His end of the encounter was certainly more reticent than Rich Brat's.

It remains to be seen whether Rich Brat's family is rich enough to justify the sacrifice a marriage to Rich Brat would entail.  Likely Club Jerk's family is wealthier.

BN waiting all smiley Soo Hyun was one of the more disgusting things I've seen in a while.  She is just greedy.  I don't think she even likes him, she just is greedy for a guy who was the one everyone liked in the Korean Students Association just like she was greedy for the male teacher in school.

i cant stand rich brat bully fake smile. SH old bro will learn just how spoiled rich brat bully is once he married her.

i really wonder if SH real father is someone else? he pa seem to hit him every chance he get. also it weird to not side with your son if he really your flash/blood.

that scene of SH pa taking his anger out on his other 2 children by telling them to get married. after his wife tell him. she will call the cop on him if he hit SH again. was funny. i dont think she will really do it. i think she just want him to stop hitting SH. so she lie.

i think SH sis might just married ES bro so she wont have to go on bind date. if her date are as old as the first one.

that sene of SH ma meeting his aunt was funny. they both are so alike.

i think it wrong of ES to not apology to SH for the way she mistreat him. in that cooking test. if i were in her shoe i would atlease tell him i srry for the way i ruin his test. it not hard to get his number if she want to apology.

I've been jumping from one  forum to another to find a good drama to follow.  This kind of interest me but I found out it has 100 plus episodes.  With the annoying villains around, I don't know if I can hang around much - but I will try.  I have always liked the lead actress EunSo - and I hated Bitna in The Promise.  Hope I can join and give my input also.

8 hours ago, jimb said:

@sk0317  Club Jerk's brother goes out on a date and fals asleep for two hours, and his date simply watches him sleep because she knows he needs his rest?  And is still there when he wakes up?  If such a woman exists in nature, he would be a moron to throw her over in favor of Rich Brat.

His end of the encounter was certainly more reticent than Rich Brat's.

It remains to be seen whether Rich Brat's family is rich enough to justify the sacrifice a marriage to Rich Brat would entail.  Likely Club Jerk's family is wealthier.

Yes indeed. I think Soo Hyun and his current GF, Chae Won have been dating for a while because his parents are aware of her existence and Soo Hyun's father has asked him to get married soon. Chae Won seems like a graceful and gentle woman but we have no knowledge of her family background at this stage. Soo Hyun's mom doesn't seem too fond of her because she has already fallen into Rich Brat's tactics and taken a liking in her after just two brief meetings. I also think Soo Hyun's family may be wealthier than Rich Brat's. But Rich Brat's family might still be better off financially than Chae Won's.

Soo Hyun and Chae Won may be dating, but does Soo Hyun see her as his ultimate life partner? It puzzles me why Soo Hyun has not been outright and honest when Rich Brat asked him if he has a GF on at least two occasions.  Since Rich Brat has obviously taken a fancy (not real love) to him, she brazenly tries to make him hers by making an open confession that she loves him and even pulled him in for a kiss in public.

I foresee Rich Brat, Rich Brat's awful GM and Club Jerk's mom playing a big part in making Soo Hyun and Rich Brat a couple.

SYNOPSIS, EPISODE 14

Club Jerk's mother and sister argue in their home. His mother reprimands his sister for telling her father that Club Jerk was expelled from the chef's exam for cheating.

Upstairs, Club Jerk, his father and brother sit in a room. His father is berating him. Club jerk loudly insists that he didn't cheat. Club Jerk's father compares him unfavorably to his older son. Club Jerk suggests a DNA test to determine whether he is really his biological son. His brother restrains his father from attacking him. Mother and sister rush into the room and everyone argues.

Then Club Jerk's father lays down the law: his daughter and eldest son have to get married, Club Jerk needs to become a certified chef or get a job.

Sunrise over Eun Soo's mother's dry cleaning shop.

Eun Soo's mother is working in her shop. Eun Soo's grandmother drops by and they talk. Eun Soo's mother takes a delivery order from someone in Rich Brat's house.

Club Jerk's brother and an assistant agree on an announcement for their recipe contest. It will be distributed to cooking schools throughout Korea. Rich Brat calls him and tells him where to meet her for their date that evening.

Club Jerk sits at his desk. He recalls his encounter with Eun Soo. His mother walks in and suggests that they arrange for someone to tutor him for the exam.

Eun Soo is at the culinary school. She reads the poster for Yoonga Foods' recipe contest.

Eun Soo buys two expensive kitchen knives at a cutlery shop.

Club Jerk's aunt is at a sauna surrounded by several other women. She complains to herself that she is penniless, but for some reason is reluctant to ask her brother for assistance. By coincidence, Club Jerk's mother enters the sauna and lays down beside her. Both women are wearing some kind of beauty mask so neither recognizes the other.

They accidentally jostle each other and began trading insults. Then they challenge each other to take off their masks. They are shocked when they recognize each other.

Club Jerk's aunt is crying and his father is looking exasperated. The aunt was apparently swindled by a "boyfriend." Club Jerk's mother, who is listening to his sister in law, chastises her for trusting her "boyfriend." Club Jerk joins them and comforts his aunt.

Club Jerk's father berates the aunt and threatens to kick her out of the house. He attempts to drag her out of the house but Club Jerk intervenes. She weeps uncontrollably.

Halmoni and her chauffeur are stuck in traffic. He brakes hard to avoid an accident. She berates him. She fires him when they arrive home. Rich Brat's father arrives home and, surmising what has transpired, tells him not to worry and to return to work the next day.

Just then Eun Soo's mother arrives with the laundry. She mistakes him for a new chauffeur and hands him the laundry. He accepts it but is somewhat bewildered. Still believing that he is a new chauffeur, she warns him about Halmoni's foul disposition. He takes offense. She is taken aback. He enters the house, leaving her standing in the street.

Rich Brat's father enters the house and asks Halmoni to give the chauffeur another chance. She screws up her face and says she will think agout it.

Rich Brat and Club Jerk's brother have dinner at the Yoonga Foods restaurant. She, in an obvious attempt to suck up, requested that they dine at his father's restaurant. He guesses that she is the female customer his mother thought might be his girlfriend. His mother is working the cash register and they chat. Rich Brat lays it on thick.

Someone accidentally spills liquid on and stains Club Jerk's mother's purse. Rich Brat says that her Halmoni uses a good dry cleaner who could probably get rid of the stain.

When Club Jerk's brother departs with Rich Brat, his parents discuss Rich Brat. Club Jerk's mother is thrilled by the prospect that Rich Brat might become her daughter in law. His father tells her not to be silly, their son already has a girlfriend.

As they walk down the street Rich Brat is dangling the bait but Club Jerk's brother is avoiding the hook. She claims to have missed him since he left the U..S. and to have secured a transfer to Korea to be with him. She mildly reproves him for not seeming to care. She says she "likes" him. She grabs him and kisses him. He looks bewildered. Then she says she loves him. Then he says nothing.

Club Jerk's sister is on a first date. Her date spits out his coffee when she tells him she is a urologist. He is shocked that a woman has a job that involves examining many men's genitalia. She assures him that she not only sees 'em but touches 'em too. "Visit me anytime if you have concerns about yours." Grossed out, he storms off.

Upstairs tenant bickers with his two children.

At her house, Eun Soo admires her new knives.

In the kitchen, Eun Soo's grandmother asks her whether she misses her high school teaching job. Eun Soo replies that she has gotten over it.

In his bedroom, Eun Soo's brother recalls his ex-girlfriend's demand for material things.

Eun Soo's brother is apparently earning money by driving intoxicated persons home in the evening. We view snippets of his experiences with a series of passengers. His final passenger whacks him about the head and shoulders, causing him to collide with the car in front of him.

@sk0317  Thank you for  posting the character diagram.  I found out there were some characters might need some clarification.  

PS I’m sorry to hear about your migraine.:frown:   I hope it isn’t too severe. I heard some people have it so bad that they would be incapacitated for days.   I wonder if the unpleasant  winter weather has been acting on you.   We are having this arctic blast which created such a whiplash kind of weather here.  But it looks like this crazy weather will be just a temporary phenomenon.   We live about an hour and a half drive south from the outer boundary of Chicago which is called a windy city because of its location next to the big lakes.  So the weather here isn’t so extreme like up north.   But we are moving to a northern part of Chicago next year (about 40 minutes drive to downtown)    It’s exciting to be close to a big city and many parks and scenic areas up north but we have to pay a price with its nasty winter.  

PS  I don’t know whether you are watching it but there is an interesting weekend drama, ‘Father, I’ll Take Care of You.’  It seems good but perhaps it might not be a good one to watch when you have a headache.  hehe  OR perhaps it could work in an opposite way???

PS  one more note: My actor(Choi Jin Hyuk) is returning with a new drama(OCN ‘Tunnel’)  after waiting so long.  so happy

Webtoon-er & his twins: They weren’t in the original character description so I’m guessing perhaps the writer created them later.  I found them in this blog(11/30): Webtooner’s  former GF left leaving him with the twins, when he was 23

박형식(Park Hyeon Sig) and the twins 박우되(Park U Dae) 박나리(Park Na Li)

DaaSH2O.jpg

EunSoo mom & SooHo mom: from the same high school; once SooHo mom lived in the rooftop rooms of ES GM's house

wyVri6g.jpg   3DqGS80.jpg

Yoon Soon-Jung (aunt) & Yoon Soo-Min: mother/ daughter(according to the char. description); aunt returned to Korea after her fiancé swindled her out of her money

9akQxne.jpg  jFp1Ar2.jpg

Hyun-A: EunHo(ES bro) GF (I don’t think their relationship will last)

IL5dpXT.jpg

Jung-A: BitNa high school mate (It doesn’t look she has a future role so far but then she may return later??)

gbtFx5P.jpg

Sung-Hoon: oneway love to EunSoo mom before ( also may reappear later??)

sOd27QH.jpg

On 12/16/2016 at 4:03 PM, sk0317 said:

Yoonga Food not knowing her own GM will be there. They were seated separately and BN was obviously not aware her GM had been watching the way she interacted with Soo Hyun after the briefing (the hugging and chatting). GM looked pleasantly surprised to see BN embraced Soo Hyun instead of a mere handshake. GM who is rumored to have a sharp eye for

Eeooow!! Not sure if I want to watch this episode. There is something missing with this actress, whether it is her looks or acting or the director, she does not pull off the spontaneous parts. In the last episode of H promise, she was supposedly an innocent, sweet and bubbly young woman - did not work for me. The actress in princess man and also another one in cinderella sister both did great jobs playing bad girls in some shows. Both named Moon, I think. They evoked sympathy in scenes showing the conflicts within them. In this show, we hear BN 'suffering' when her awful GM assumed she will play the piano, when her father did not understand her. Oh really, that caused her to be the nasty, manipulative bully? Oh well, maybe I should not compare prime time actresses with a daily show actress.

19 hours ago, jimb said:

As they walk down the street Rich Brat is dangling the bait but Club Jerk's brother is avoiding the hook. She claims to have missed him since he left the U..S. and to have secured a transfer to Korea to be with him. She mildly reproves him for not seeming to care. She says she "likes" him. She grabs him and kisses him. He looks bewildered. Then she says she loves him. Then he says nothing.

Another scene of BN being spontaneous?

2 hours ago, maribella said:

Eeooow!! Not sure if I want to watch this episode. There is something missing with this actress, whether it is her looks or acting or the director, she does not pull off the spontaneous parts. In the last episode of H promise, she was supposedly an innocent, sweet and bubbly young woman - did not work for me. The actress in princess man and also another one in cinderella sister both did great jobs playing bad girls in some shows. Both named Moon, I think. They evoked sympathy in scenes showing the conflicts within them. In this show, we hear BN 'suffering' when her awful GM assumed she will play the piano, when her father did not understand her. Oh really, that caused her to be the nasty, manipulative bully? Oh well, maybe I should not compare prime time actresses with a daily show actress.

Another scene of BN being spontaneous?

First of all I have to agree with you that the "punishment" ES had for the three bullies were rather "childish" for any 18 y.o. I guess that was one of the reasons why BN refused to join her two sidekicks when ES told them to raise both their hands in the air while kneeling down on the floor. Does ES honestly think that shaming them in "public" will make these mean girls repent and reflect on their wrongdoings?

BN apparently after her studies and working stint in the U.S., wants to do things the "American" way:blink:. She went in for a hug instead of shaking Soo Hyun's hand. Professes her feelings openly for Soo Hyun and also took the initiative to kiss him on his lips in public. Her unconventional and bold approach might just bag him her man...

While you are on the subject of "bad" or unconvincing acting, I noticed on the three occasions BN visited the Yoon's "dwenjiang jjigae" shop where she ordered their bestseller, the "dwenjiang jjigae", she had pretended to eat its content from an empty bowl:blink:. And in a scene where Soo Ho was studying for his chef's exam, he had "coffee" from a mug cup with the bar code seal still attached to the bottom of the cup:sweatingbullets:. Perhaps the director didn't want to dish out real food for a short scene or this daily is filmed on a limited budget?

Have a nice weekend and a refreshing work week ahead of you @maribella!

9 hours ago, booha said:

@sk0317  Thank you for  posting the character diagram.  I found out there were some characters might need some clarification.  

PS I’m sorry to hear about your migraine.:frown:   I hope it isn’t too severe. I heard some people have it so bad that they would be incapacitated for days.   I wonder if the unpleasant  winter weather has been acting on you.   We are having this arctic blast which created such a whiplash kind of weather here.  But it looks like this crazy weather will be just a temporary phenomenon.   We live about an hour and a half drive south from the outer boundary of Chicago which is called a windy city because of its location next to the big lakes.  So the weather here isn’t so extreme like up north.   But we are moving to a northern part of Chicago next year (about 40 minutes drive to downtown)    It’s exciting to be close to a big city and many parks and scenic areas up north but we have to pay a price with its nasty winter.  

PS  I don’t know whether you are watching it but there is an interesting weekend drama, ‘Father, I’ll Take Care of You.’  It seems good but perhaps it might not be a good one to watch when you have a headache.  hehe  OR perhaps it could work in an opposite way???

PS  one more note: My actor(Choi Jin Hyuk) is returning with a new drama(OCN ‘Tunnel’)  after waiting so long.  so happy

Webtoon-er & his twins: They weren’t in the original character description so I’m guessing perhaps the writer created them later.  I found them in this blog(11/30): Webtooner’s  former GF left leaving him with the twins, when he was 23

박형식(Park Hyeon Sig) and the twins 박우되(Park U Dae) 박나리(Park Na Li)

EunSoo mom & SooHo mom: from the same high school; once SooHo mom lived in the rooftop rooms of ES GM's house

Yoon Soon-Jung (aunt) & Yoon Soo-Min: mother/ daughter(according to the char. description); aunt returned to Korea after her fiancé swindled her out of her money.

Hyun-A: EunHo(ES bro) GF (I don’t think their relationship will last)

Jung-A: BitNa high school mate (It doesn’t look she has a future role so far but then she may return later??)

Sung-Hoon: oneway love to EunSoo mom before ( also may reappear later??)

Hi @booha and many thanks for your concern and kind words. My headache (migraine) has taken a "break" today so I am feeling much better:). I find myself going into a state of "hibernation" each and every winter:sweatingbullets: with the migraines and the urge to fall into a deep slumber (LOL).

It's nice to hear that you and your family are moving to the windy city. I think I stopped over at the Chigaco O'hare International Airport for a connecting flight to Japan many years ago. I like how the U.S. have "nicknames" for their different states and cities, like Show Me State, Sunshine State, etc. These nicknames give you an idea on the city or state you plan to visit. Will you be staying in the same job after your relocation next year @booha?

Many thanks for the additional information on the characters in this drama and for expanding the characters' diagram chart. m(_ _)m

The addition of the webtoon artist and his twin kids is an interesting twist. The twin girl is so "mature" for her age as she takes care of the household in the absence of a mom. I think ES and the webtoon artist are going to grow closer probably because they are around the same age and he has a personality that puts ES at ease (after the initial misunderstanding he might be a thug). ES who has not talked about the "incident" with anyone in her own family, opened up to the webtoon artist and shared her personal feelings with him. And the talk they had certainly seemed to make her feel relieved and less burdensome.

So ES's mom and Soo Ho's mom were school mates! I would rather choose to live in a rooftop apartment than in one of those basement ones if I were "poor" and have to live in Korea:sweatingbullets:. The air will certainly be better although moving your stuff especially the bulky ones could pose a challenge.

I really want OJA to return in the later part of this drama just to clear ES's name. She (partly) wronged and forced an innocent teacher who had kindly stood up for her to make drastic changes to her life and career.

Sung Hoon, the supervisor at the department store, will probably make a reappearance as BN's dad's love rival.

I think ES will be the tutor Soo Ho's mom employs for Soo Ho. Club Jerk, a.k.a. Mr. Ignorant, will impress ES with his discriminating palate despite being an "airhead".

When does Choi Jin Hyuk's "Tunnel" begin @booha? And what is this drama about?

I have watched 2 episodes of "Father, I'll Take Care of You". The characters are a little too "loud" for my liking(>-<).

Please take care and may you enjoy your Sunday!

1 hour ago, sk0317 said:

bestseller, the "dwenjiang jjigae", she had pretended to eat its content from an empty bowl:blink:. And in a scene where Soo Ho was studying for his chef's exam, he had "coffee" from a mug cup with the bar code seal still attached to the bottom of the cup:sweatingbullets:. Perhaps the

:grin: so sloppy. Have you seen how suitcases are obviously empty, in all KDs I have watched and also in many Western shows? 

Have a great week too. Sorry to hear about your migraine. I am into essential oils for my sore neck. Seems to be working.

3 hours ago, maribella said:

:grin: so sloppy. Have you seen how suitcases are obviously empty, in all KDs I have watched and also in many Western shows? 

Have a great week too. Sorry to hear about your migraine. I am into essential oils for my sore neck. Seems to be working.

Manoeuvring an empty suitcase up or down a slope becomes tricky when an actor/actress is required to push it quickly(^o^).

I use something similar to aromatic essential oils for my migraine (http://axebrand.com.sg/detail/axe-brand-universal-oil).  It's a brand I grew up with and it contains mostly Eucalyptus essential oil. However when the migraine continues to last more than 2-3 days, I will take some pills for relief. Thanks for your concern @maribella. Please take care too!

The actress playing the role of EunSo seemed to have frozen in time - hasn't aged that much since Full House and Obstetrics and Gyne dramas.  I guess that's why in this drama, she is being paired with a younger actor/singer (idol) Kim DongJoon.  Will it be really between them or the older brother of SooHo?  Also, I've been reading already a lot about BN dad marrying ES mom -- are we all assuming because that's what the synopsis say?  Sorry for being a little ignorant on the topic - just really being curious.

@sk0317 you mentioned that you weren't following Always Spring because you were experiencing SLS forgive my ignorance but what does that mean exactly. I am not upto date with all these short forms. Sorry for that.
@maribella I doubt that we will have to worry much about Bit Na's dad having much screen time in this show as well. Perhaps a bit more than his role in Heaven's Promise but not to much since I suspect that this show is going to focus more on the younger generation. If we have Grandma she is going to focus much of her attention on Eun Soo's mother or her interactions are going to be more with the other MiL who is going to defend her former DiL from said abuse and all.

@sk0317 I also don't see Bit Na's dad leaving the house after his remarriage to Eun Soo's mother. But I doubt that it has anything to taking a bold step I feel it is more like he feels that it is his responsibility to take care of her. She is an old woman and he would feel that he can't really leave her all alone. Think about it if she is left all alone who is going to want to take care of her with that personality of hers. They will leave her within a week and I am sure she would be black listed in the workers community and all so no one would be willing to go and work for her unless they are in a lot of financial trouble and all and they are willing to take on all the abuse and insults that will be heaped on them. Sure he could leave Bit Na with her but since she is his daughter he is only going to be willing to go into a marriage that will accept his past children and all. Plus like I said he may also feel that he owes the grandmother for looking after Bit Na when she was young and basically raised her and all.

@jimb thankyou for informing me of the message being the same as the one that he recieved earlier and that there was no conspiracy involved in him not getting the job. :)

@sk0317 thankfully I am doing well just a busy week as usual. Though I am sorry to hear about your migraine. Hope that you get well soon. In regards to your question of whether Eun Soo may get fired from her invigilator job for falsely accusing Soo Ho. Being a drama it is possible but if we try and look at it realistically I don't think so. We have to remember something Eun Soo is only human and thus bound to make mistakes. Sure it ended up ruining someone elses career or chances at life but then Soo Ho was at fault on his own. Picking up his pen was okay since that was his and he couldn't be found at fault for that. If Eun Soo had lets say found the paper on the floor and just simply accused him for cheating then that would have been unfair and yes she could have perhaps been fired for targeting him personal reasons or whatever but in this case he made the mistake of picking up a random paper that didn't belong to him. What was he going to do with it when he realized what it was. She had evidence in her hand and she acted accordingly. Granted that she was wrong but that was sort of understandable and then later on it really didn't help his case when he seemed desperate and told her how much passing that exam meant. True he said that he would rather fail than cheat but putting an amount on passing may have further seemed to her that if he needed to pass at all costs with such an amount then he just might have resorted to cheating as well. Should she have compared his handwriting for confirmation as a backup plan. Sure that might have helped. But cheaters try to play the system in many ways to not get caught. I have heard tales from former invigilators of how they have caught students trying to cheat in exams and all. Thus an easy way for a cheater to claim that he wasn't cheating with said notes in Soo Ho's case could be to have someone else write those notes for him and thus when handwriting would be compared they would turn out to be different. Unfortunately like I mentioned he shouldn't have gone for that paper in the first place. It was entirely his mistake and I doubt there was any way to get out of that mess. Though speaking of that exam does anyone know when said exams take place because his father gave him two months to pass it. He got disqualified from it for cheating and Eun So told him to just pass the exam next time with hard work and all. Also when his father heard the news he told him to just quit and work for him but Soo Ho told him that his father had given him two months and thus he still had time to apply for his culinary license and all. Also are the exam rules that lenient that a person caught cheating would be able to sit for the exams in such a short time? I remember when I was studying for my college exams and all we were all warned not to cheat because if someone was caught cheating in an exam they would be barred from taking it for the next 3 years or so if I am not mistaken. That means 3 years of a persons life just gone down the drain.

@viyra you are more than welcome to share your input in this thread. As they say more the merrier. :) In regards to Eun Soo's mother marrying Bit Na's dad yes it is mostly because of what the synopsis says. It mentions "A girl and a woman meet as student and teacher. 7 years later, they become sisters-in-law through marrying brothers and even become stepsisters after remarriage of parents." This would indicate that they marry Soo Ho and his brother and since it talks about the remarriage of parents this would mean the mother and father that are currently single. Then again things change in a drama from what is originally stated. So you never know what will be the end result.

@sk0317 The problem with Eun Soo and her method of punishment to the bullies is not uncommon. We have to remember that she is already limited to do with what she can or cannot do. She can't physically discipline them so she resorts to try and embarrass them by making them kneel down. She thinks that it may work and in some cases it just might but those that have a thick hide won't be affected such as Bit Na herself. Frankly I speak from experience when I say that I have been on the receiving end of said kind of punishment and how effective it actually was. I used to be late at college since I used to take public transport a lot. I know I should have left earlier but things happened which didn't allow me to move as planned most of the times. Thus the school to prevent students from arriving late would make us either pay a fine and let the student go straight to class or stand outside with their hands raised high. Atleast we weren't made to kneel :) We have also been hit on our hands really hard for the same reasons. It didn't really work on me. Infact I had gotten so used to this that either I would just stand there like it was nothing or would even start pacing in place. Granted I usually was the only one to do that. Then again I have literally stood outside the school because they wouldn't let late comers enter but in the end it was the school that would always relent and let me enter the classes. Sure I had to wait for quite a long time but in the end it was always worth it. I guess I might have been a bit different if the classes that I was missing out were the harder ones or something but since they were the easy ones I to took it easier. So I guess  it all depends on the situation and how much pride a person has or if he is willing to learn from their mistakes. The problem with the Bit Na situation is that the other girls might have felt bad and most probably even stopped bullying the victim if it wasn't for Bit Na herself. She was the ring leader and they were all afraid to get on her bad side since she could easily turn her wrath on them so they went along with her plans and all. I am pretty sure that the bullying incidents would have easily gone down when Bit Na left for the States. Then again I could be wrong in this department and we will likely never know unless we bump into adult victim in the future. But as of now I can't really figure out a role for her.

Going to say that Soo Ho's dad is really unromantic. :) Thinks that the perfect outing with his wife is to work in the fields or the factory. Also I thought that he was the reasonable one in the family. Guess not he wants he children to go out on arranged marriage dates and what not. I thought that the mother was the unreasonable one in the family and who would only prefer rich In-Laws but I guess the dad is going to have some issues as well. On one hand he does seem to be the only one that can control his family but then on the other hand he does things like forcing his children on arranged dates. So I am actually glad that his daughter got the upper hand with her date. Hope that she can find someone reasonable for herself. I do get the father wanting to still work in the field along the other workers this causes strong bonds with him and his workers which I am sure is going to come in handy sometime later in the future. The company is going to be in trouble or some thing like that then when people would normally leave these workers are going to show their loyalty and soradity to weather the storm together and make the company come back and still be a great company and all.

Someone mentioned about the money regarding Bit Na's family versus the Soo Ho's family. I don't know much about their status but from what I can tell Bit Na and her family seem to come from old money. I don't know if they have any business on their own end to continue said money flow but I doubt it otherwise we can be sure that Bit Na's grandmother would have wanted her to inherit said business. What I can tell is that grandmother keeps the money flowing by making careful investments in other companies thus their success is her success. I guess she likes to leech of others like a parasite. But I doubt that she is going to be all that grateful to them and I am sure that if given the chance she would turn on them if she doesn't feel like she is getting her moneys worth. She may make a few exceptions here and there but she is going to want something in return. So for instance she may very well demand for management rights from said company that she has invested in and if they don't well they might just be in trouble and all. As for Soo Ho's family business. It started out as a small restaurant but it has clearly grown from that and they have their own company as well. Perhaps that isn't all that public knowledge since when Soo Ho's friends were talking behind his back one of the friends mentioned that he pretends to be this big shot but all his parents do is run that Small restaurant. Granted it has just been 7 years since they expanded but not everyone knows this fact. Perhaps they don't fully own the company. I will have to go back to the earlier episodes for confirmation though. I remember two people came to purchase the recipe that Soo Ho's family was using but the dad turned them down due to his eldest son's advice. But did they later on form some sort of partnership with said company or are they totally independent. Will have to check out the business cards once again. But either way Soo Ho's family business in new and it is growing. Still they are looking for investments and at this point I am a bit unsure where the dad is going to be. Will he be swayed by Bit Na because he may see her as a better investment down the line. I mean when he learns who her grandmother is and we can be pretty sure that she is going to be one of the investors that gets selected for their company.

Grandmother is going to do so because she may see this as a two for one deal. She gets a good investment as well as someone that her granddaughter likes. Like I said she might want management rights later on due to the hopes that the company should be passed on down to Bit Na in the future. Speaking of investments there was a company that was clearly asking for a bribe was that the company that Bit Na works in? If so will that mean that they will already choose Bit Na's grandmothers right of the bat. Wouldn't it perhaps be better if they take some other company but due to some reason or other they decide that they can't work with the current investor so they search for a new one aka which will be Bit Na's grandmothers but they won't know that till later. Then we have Bit Na come in to save the day with this new investor and all namely her grandmother. They will all be thankful to her for saving the day until the grandmother reveals her conditions to help them out aka management rights. This might be a problem till the find out that Bit Na is the granddaughter so they will go for it. Also this would mean that Bit Na will have to leave her current company and thus join her In-laws company and all.

It was mentioned in a preview of Soo Hyun telling his sister that there are people that marry someone else even if they don't love each other. Didn't happen yet. Perhaps that scene was edited out or will happen in some other episode. It is known to happen. But perhaps he wasn't talking about Bit Na but his current girlfriend. People have also mentioned of how he never corrected Bit Na about his current status ie that he is taken. Perhaps he just sees her (his girlfriend) as a friend and while his father might be angling for a marriage he is looking out for someone else. In this case if Bit Na can successfully convince him of her sincerity he may fall for her. So as of now he may have been referring to his current girlfriend and being forced to marry someone he doesn't love. Though as of now I don't think that he has any kind of feelings for Bit Na as well. People have also mentioned of how Bit Na is the same when she was younger when she went after that teacher who was much older than her. I think that these two situations are different and not fair to be lumped in the same category. In the case of the teacher she only went after him because of some dumb mental issue regarding him and Eun Soo. Perhaps she wanted to best Eun Soo in some manner or something else or what not but she really wasn't into the teacher at all. Like I said it was a bit of childish competition or whatever and she soon gave it up and didn't follow up on it. But in this case lets look at what has happened. She knew him in the States and claims to have grown feelings for him and then if she wasn't interested she wouldn't have gone and chased him back to Korea when he left the States. I think that she atleast is a bit more sincere than back in the day. Ofcourse I still think that she still has the mentality of a person that doesn't like to lose things that she thinks belongs to her. In this case  she will do whatever she can to keep him for herself from other possible woman who might go after him such as his current girlfriend or even Eun Ho's Ex girlfriend. Speaking of her she seems to be somewhere in between being a materialistic person and one who cares about him. After their breakup she was still hoping that he would call her and ask to get back with him. I guess dating for such a long time she did develop feelings for him but in the end material goods may be more important to her so she might just try and target Soo Hyun as a way to rise up in the ranks but we all know that Bit Na isn't going to allow that to happen. Plus I doubt that his mother will let them be together if she sees that Bit Na has more to offer.

Who wants to guess that Eun Ho is going to get into trouble with Eun Soo for working all those part time jobs. She is going to be mad that he was working instead of studying or finding a decent job. But speaking of that accident that he caused you can be sure that he will be forced to pay for it even though it wasn't his fault. Do the black boxes in cars record what is happening inside or just outside because of it is inside then he may be able to get out from paying any sort of damage for the cars. But I doubt that this will be the case. This means that it will be candy time for Eun Soo once more to find enough money to pay that person as well. This means that she gets the tuition job with Soo Ho. We heard his mother asking if he wants to get tutored to help him out for the exam and he agreed to that if possible. Now only according to drama laws where there simply aren't enough people in all of Korea that the main leads need to bump into each other. In this case Eun Soo's superior is going to ask her if she wants to make some extra money by tutoring someone and as she needs the money to pay for the damages that her brother has caused she is going to accept said offer only to find out that the person that she has to teach is Soo Ho. This will certainly cause friction between the two in the start but as time passes on they will each realize that they were at fault in the past mostly (since the club scene 7 years back was clearly Soo Ho's fault) they will apologize to each other and become friends. Perhaps there can be more between either them or even Soo Hyun but that will be a story for another day. Speaking of the incident that caused Soo Ho and Eun Ho to fight I think that they were all wrong and Soo Ho just had his typical lucky day. Meaning that he seems to have  a lot of bad luck around him. Perhaps his mother needs to go to a fortune teller and purchase one of those expensive tailsmen that they like to sell of. :) It just might help. Clearly in that scene the normal thing would be for both parties to apologize. I mean I have sometimes bumped into another person by accident and I have apologized to them. Sure they are also at fault for not seeing me but since it is mutual it can simply end with an apology from both parties. Not that it matters to me if the other one doesn't apologize to me. But in this case Soo Ho instantly became hostile towards the other party and instead of requesting an apology he demanded one. People don't like to be told and that is the reason why things got worse between them all. I think that given time both Soo Ho and Eun Ho can become good friends down the line since both of them seem to be loyal towards their friends no matter what and both seem to hold family highly. I think becoming part of the same family might just help them down the line.

I do think that Soo Ho needs to rethink about the company that he keeps. His friends seem to be only around him for the money that he can provide them. If not they are more than willing to talk behind his back. Though one of his friends seems to be a bit decent since he was still trying to take his side when the other friend was talking ill about him. Perhaps he wasn't all that drunk. But at the same time the friends weren't all there for him as well. For instance when they discovered that he had been played by their former friend the looks that they were giving each other seemed to say well he deserved being conned by said friend. Also they knew how hard he was trying to study to pass the test and they go and make a stupid bet with each other to get him out of the house knowing how desperate he was to catch said friend. Perhaps they did that because they thought that it may be nice of him to get a break? But then they should have made sure he got home early instead of getting him drunk and all. I do agree with the dad for cutting of his credit cards though. Soo Ho really needs to wake up if he wants to learn how the real world works.

LoL I couldn't help but laughing when I read of all the responsibilities that Bit Na would have to do once she ends up marrying the eldest. Eun Soo must be thankful for Bit Na in that department for saving her from that. Though we know how Bit Na is she will simply try to pass the jobs down to Eun Soo when she marries into the family and will try and take all the credit later on. Though some things might backfire on her down the line. For instance when it comes to the memorial food I am pretty sure that Eun Soo is going to have a distinct flavour to her food which Soo Ho is going to recognize and thus he will know the truth. Perhaps this will help him realize just what kind of person his brother has married and he may also be the one to make Bit Na and her grandmother apologize for the way they treated her in the past. Perhaps due to the web toon artists work who most likely will use Eun Soo and her past as inspiration as his work so he will learn of her past this way and of how she was falsely accused etc..

Well that will be all from my end for now. Will be back later on hopefully to comment some more.

17 minutes ago, yamiyugi said:

@sk0317 you mentioned that you weren't following Always Spring because you were experiencing SLS forgive my ignorance but what does that mean exactly. I am not upto date with all these short forms. Sorry for that.

Just a short post to answer your question @yamiyugi. "SLS" stands for "Second Lead Syndrome". I am currently watching the live broadcast of the Club World Cup Final between Real Madrid and Kashima Antlers:)http://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/38254121

@sk0317   Yes It means SH’s mom once lived poorly but now she is rich so when she learns her darling son  Soo Ho gets close to Eun Soo and not to Bit Na, she might wave her rich bag to ES’s mom  though she will not become a bad witch.   So far Bit Na isn’t acting way over the top after the time jump but I think soon as she learns about Soo Hyun’s GF, her scheming nasty self will pop out  to get rid of SH’s GF.  I think a poor Soo Hyun will not know what’s hitting him like how BN stole a kiss from him.  But I like his sis, Soo Min in the way she handled her blind date by showing her finger wiggling.  It was really funny to see how deftly she wiggled around her fingers.  Lol

Yesterday we had a very grey day with icy roads.  So when I read about your headache I sensed the culprit might be a nasty winter.  I forgot you grew up in a hot weather region.  Yeah when one is physically and emotionally conditioned from certain things, it’s rather hard to change.  I grew up with four seasons with their good and bad ones so it would be very hard for me to live even down south with just three seasons.  Though when the weather is bad I like to click on the computer to check around tropical islands and stare at the heavenly blue ocean.  haha   Oh We(my hubby & I) are moving because of his work.  Tunnel(March broadcast) is a time-slip crime drama by OCN which shows a lots of crime/suspense stories.  I like a romance drama but also like a good crime/detective  one too.  Btw nice to know about SLS 

@jina_bing_bang    When I saw the webtoon guy, I was curious too.  It’s possible he was brought in to be a rival to Soo Ho. OR for Soo Min?   It seems the writer was reshuffling the stage for the next stage  after the time jump. Even  Bit Na has been acting in a rather restrained way so far.  I have a feeling things might start with Bit Na going  after Soo Hyun’s GF?(her name is not even listed in the char description so she might disappear  pretty fast)

@jimb   As always thank you for your recap. In the last episode  I thought it was so hilarious to see drunken men ES’s bro ferried around.  It was very well done clip with  funny dialogs and gave a nice end with a man slapping ES bro’s head.  I couldn’t help feeling many of the drunken men (and women too nowadays) like in the drama actually roam Seoul with feelings anger/regret/disappointment/etc…

3r7sCtf.gif

TCzaOC3.gif

yP1aor1.gif

muSBpTM.gif

ExNWoDd.gif

wvTCAUh.gif

On 2016/12/19 at 5:58 AM, booha said:

@sk0317   Yes It means SH’s mom once lived poorly but now she is rich so when she learns her darling son  Soo Ho gets close to Eun Soo and not to Bit Na, she might wave her rich bag to ES’s mom  though she will not become a bad witch.   So far Bit Na isn’t acting way over the top after the time jump but I think soon as she learns about Soo Hyun’s GF, her scheming nasty self will pop out  to get rid of SH’s GF.  I think a poor Soo Hyun will not know what’s hitting him like how BN stole a kiss from him.  But I like his sis, Soo Min in the way she handled her blind date by showing her finger wiggling.  It was really funny to see how deftly she wiggled around her fingers.  Lol

Yesterday we had a very grey day with icy roads.  So when I read about your headache I sensed the culprit might be a nasty winter.  I forgot you grew up in a hot weather region.  Yeah when one is physically and emotionally conditioned from certain things, it’s rather hard to change.  I grew up with four seasons with their good and bad ones so it would be very hard for me to live even down south with just three seasons.  Though when the weather is bad I like to click on the computer to check around tropical islands and stare at the heavenly blue ocean.  haha   Oh We(my hubby & I) are moving because of his work.  Tunnel(March broadcast) is a time-slip crime drama by OCN which shows a lots of crime/suspense stories.  I like a romance drama but also like a good crime/detective  one too.  Btw nice to know about SLS 

Ha! Soo Ho's mom is going to find out about ES's mom's new business when she takes her expensive handbag to her shop for dry cleaning. Poor Chae Won will be no contender to the mean and manipulative BN. And poor Soo Hyun will be kept in the dark about how his current GF is being disposed of.

In the Yoon household, what the father says seem to be the absolute. Soo Ho respects his father and he was mad when his friends sneered and called the Yoon's shop a "small business". Soo Min didn't want to go against her father's wishes but was smart to ditch her lame blind date by "scaring" him off with her profession and "wriggling her fingers" for that dramatic effect:).

I didn't realize I was such a "delicate" person as I have headaches (migraine) in winter and even during the hot, humid summer here. Not forgetting hay fever in spring:tears:. Thank you so much for your concern @booha:). I should follow your example by looking at the different hues of autumn when I am under the weather:).

I love a good suspense/detective drama/story too! Thank you for letting me know the broadcast period and I think I might just tune in to watch it!

I skipped the ending scenes of "She was Pretty" as I was so "traumatized" when I realized the SL's love was not requited:tears:.

Congratulations on your husband's relocation to Chicago! Please do drive carefully when you encounter "icy roads" conditions @booha. Take care and have a nice evening!

Archived