[Drama 2016-2017] Still Loving You 빛나라 은수, Mon-Fri 20:25. Thanks for watch!

0ly40

SYNOPSIS, EPISODE 4

In Ep. 4, Rich Brat exacts her revenge re Eun Soo by returning to the department store and abusing Eun Soo's mother.

Halmoni complains to Rich Brat's father that Rich Brat's teacher is "stressing her out." Why else would Rich Brat want to discontinue practicing the piano? They agree that Halmoni will confront Eun Soo.

Eun Soo's mother continues to be stressed by her cancer diagnosis. She endures further tests.

Halmoni silently observes Eun Soo's teaching for a few minutes, then leaves. A colleague explains that several temporary teachers have been dismissed due to Halmoni's complaints.

Halmoni is waiting for Eun Soo in the principal's office. Halmoni informs her that the principal will not participate in the meeting and orders her to sit down. Halmoni accuses Eun Soo of over-reacting to Rich Brat's vicious hazing of a fellow student. A mere "prank" in Halmoni's estimation. Halmoni attempts to bribe Eun Soo with a department store gift certificate. Eun Soo politely declines it. Halmoni is not pleased.

Eun Soo returns to the classroom in time to hear two students gossiping about Rich Brat. They say that Rich Brat has discontinued her efforts to seduce Eun Soo's boyfriend because he is "not her type." They conclude that Rich Brat only wanted to irritate Eun Soo anyway.

Rich Brat has foisted her classroom cleaning duty on two fellow students and is about to ride home with Halmoni when Eun Soo summons her on her cell phone. Rich Brat returns to the classroom and pouts when she is told that all students must participate equally in the chores. Eun Soo tells Rich Brat that they need to get along because she will be Rich Brat's teacher for the remainder of the year. Rich Brat clearly believes that, with Halmoni's help, Eun Soo will not last the year.

Eun Soo stops by the department store and invites her mother to have dinner with her, but her mother is informed that a customer is waiting for her in the VIP room. We are not surprised to find that Rich Brat is the customer. She is accompanied by a less wealthy classmate. Both of them lord it over Eun Soo's mother. The classmate records a video of this abuse on her cell phone.

The next day before class begins Rich Brat and her friends are watching the video of her abuse of Eun Soo's mother at the department store. Rich Brat invites her other friends to join her in future trips to the department store. Eun Soo enters, snatches the cell phone from Rich Brat, and watches the video for a few seconds. Eun Soo orders Rich Brat's friend to delete the video. Eun Soo hides in the restroom and cries.

Rich Brat's father is promoted to the presidency of the hospital in which he works.

Rich Brat's family holds a memorial service for her late mother. Halmoni is sad. Halmoni weeps.

Rich Brat has dinner with her father and Halmoni. Her father asks how she is getting along with her teacher and Rich Brat says they are getting along fine. Halmoni reports that she met with Eun Soo and found her headstrong, but thinks she got the message Halmoni meant to convey.

In her bedroom, Rich Brat confesses to herself that she is jealous of Eun Soo's relationship with her mother. She absolves herself of her sins.

Eun Soo takes her mother out for dinner. She remembers Rich Brat's video and is sad.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@jimb, ok, I gave it a try. My website was acting up, so I only watched episodes 1 & 4! That was enough, though. I can't stand the rich brat, she's awful! Ugh! I get that she misses her Mom and that her grandma is a bit....??? But what gives her that "I'm entitled" attitude? She has so much freedom, she can go shopping, clubbing, and she's only in high school? I had a hard time with that alone.....no way did I ever give my kids that kind of freedom! Does Korea not have extra curricular activities for their teenagers? I thought they go to school from sunup to sundown....how come she has so much free time? Lol. Sorry, had to rant, cuz I can't stand her character, I almost couldnt watch! 

As for Eun-Soo, she's a gem! So respectful towards her elders, so dedicated to her job! The two characters are polar opposites! I want happiness for Eun-soo.....but the other girl? Nah, not so much!!

I'm here to check out "The Shining Eun Soo" at your kind invitation @jimb :).

LYE, the lead actress' prominent eyeliner makes her look like Jun So Min who recently starred in "Tomorrow Victory" and "Something about 1%".

Back to the drama. @jimb Am I right to assume the Rich Brat attends a private junior high school? Rich Brat's GM must be an influential figure in her GD's school as she is free to watch/observe a class whenever she desires. Also, GM's offer of a "bribe" to a teaching staff is strictly forbidden in public schools. Is Rich Brat's deceased mom a daughter of GM? Rich Brat who seems to have real mommy issues, becomes jealous of the endearing relationship ES and her mom share. She is really some piece of work:blink: and I can't stand her and her petulant and bratty attitude.

I remember Yang Mi-Kyeong, the actress playing ES's mom in "Come! Jang Bo-Ri!".

Congratulations Park Hana you are one step closer to being typecast as the new class of second female leads that like to steal/seduce taken men. How about adding another drama under your belt to make it three times the charm do be fully typecast as such?

As for Bit Na she interestingly plays both part of brat and victim at the same time. On one hand one does feel sorry for her as the way that she is treated back at home but then that seems to go all away when she takes out all of her pent out frustration on those people that don't deserve it such as bullying people under her and all. As a bullying victim all that I can say is that thankfully I didn't have it as bad as these students seem to have in Korean Dramas. Though I guess getting beaten up on a regular bases might just be as bad as what these students go through as most of them are females and they can't beat each other up. I am just glad that the other student didn't attempt to commit suicide like in the recent KBS Drama and I don't think that she is going to be lucky enough to have a twin to recuse her.

But I was talking about Bit Na before I got sidetracked so sorry about that. Clearly her grandmother spoils her and I am sure that because of that Bit Na may think that she may get away with murder. But at the same time we see that she is trapped in that house of hers. She may have dreams of her own but unfortunately she is saddled with a grandmother that wants to live out her dreams through her own daughter and granddaughter. She doesn't seem to care what they want or what makes them happy. She thinks that being famous is all that important that she would pressurize her children to continue that path. She doesn't care whether they become lonely or not. She would rather them be famous and an outcast then be happy and popular. At this point I really wouldn't be surprised to know if one of the following things didn't happen with Bit Na's mother.

a. She ended up committing suicide due to the immense pressure that she was under by her mother to perform well.
b. She faked her own death to escape said nightmare.
c. She ran away from home to avoid same thing.

Hopefully it is option b since that way we can get an interesting birth secret along the way as well as an interesting story arc if well written of how the birth mother wants to return and become part of her daughter's life and all.

Then on top of the grandmother we seem to have a semi terrible father. I call him semi terrible because on one hand he does seem to be worried about her but at times it seems like he doesn't know how to express himself. I guess that maybe because he doesn't know how to handle a daughter all on his own and the only person that he could look into said matter is no more. Such as when she was complaining on not wanting to play the piano anymore. What he said was correct that she should play the piano for herself and not for others. But he really didn't need to add that bit about her wanting to quit like a looser or something to that extent. I am sure that he could have come up with something nicer to say or not say anything at all. Also they way this dad seems to be written seems to be the kind of person that appreciates hard work and all. This would seem to indicate that if Eun Soo were to become part of the family he would seem to acknowledge her more than his own daughter. This certainly going to make Bit Na more jealous and crazy of Eun Soo. Granted I am sure that it will turn out that the father loved both of the girls the same but Bit Na wouldn't get that till the very end and all. I guess more than Eun Soo being a hard worker he will like that she doesn't seem to give up no matter what the odds and that even if her life was put on hold instead of moping about she moved on and even found a new job. Well she might have gotten in through connections but who knows after all we just found out that Eun Soo's mother and  Soo Ho's mother knew each other and it could easily be through that connection that Eun Soo gets the job at said company. Regardless she continues to move forward wheras Bit Na thinks that everything should be handed to her because she can afford it.

@jimb mentioned that perhaps the teacher that is currently Eun Soo's boyfriend and the target of Bit Na's seduction attempts is going to be the brother that she marries and Soo Ho's brother. That would make sense as to why else would they introduce him so early and what not and I initially believed the same earlier but that was before I saw the last episode or so (3) if I am not mistaken that is where I started to have my doubts regarding said matter. For starters we have to note where Eun Soo and her boyfriend ended up having their dinner date. It was apparently the restaurant where Soo Ho's parents were working. Actually that is a bit confusing but I will get to that later on. Perhaps a time skip can further explain said matter or maybe I am simply confusing all the characters as of now. If that is the case please forgive me and I will correct myself. For that I may need to rewatch said episodes and all so one of you can do so if I haven't. Anyway as I was saying if the teacher was indeed the other brother then wouldn't his mother have either come upto them and ask to be either introduced to the girl or we would have a scene of those two at home and mother and son discussing who the son had brought over to that place. Granted it does seem a bit odd for a dinner date so it is quite possible that they simply cut out those scenes or something. Though speaking of restaurants and cooking Soo Ho complained about his mothers cooking yet the parents seem to be running that place and the teacher mentioned that they seem to have the exact same taste for so long yet Soo Ho mentioned that his mothers cooking tasted different every time? Perhaps the parents are simply working over there as some sort of charity? After all they seem to be well of or perhaps that was the first branch that they started out with and now they have a big set of franchise and all yet they still help out in their first one due to sentimental reasons and all.

Even though it turns out that the mothers know each other I still doubt that Soo Ho's mother would allow Eun Soo to be part of their family any time soon since her family isn't all that well of anymore. Things may change down the line when she gets adopted into Bit Na's family and all.  I also seem to enjoy how every time Bit Na tries to embarrass Eun Soo she is the one that ends up getting humiliated or disciplined. :)@jimb I just wanted to point out that when Eun Soo asked for a vote whether or not they should continue with reading poems the girl that raises her hand happens to be the bullied victim. Not that is important in the long run at the moment and all.

Well that will be all from my end for the moment. Will be back later on hopefully to add more. Hope that you enjoy this show and post soon so till then take care all of and look forward to reading them. :)

7 hours ago, auntyem said:

@jimb, ok, I gave it a try. My website was acting up, so I only watched episodes 1 & 4! That was enough, though. I can't stand the rich brat, she's awful! Ugh! I get that she misses her Mom and that her grandma is a bit....??? But what gives her that "I'm entitled" attitude? She has so much freedom, she can go shopping, clubbing, and she's only in high school? I had a hard time with that alone.....no way did I ever give my kids that kind of freedom! Does Korea not have extra curricular activities for their teenagers? I thought they go to school from sunup to sundown....how come she has so much free time? Lol. Sorry, had to rant, cuz I can't stand her character, I almost couldnt watch! 

As for Eun-Soo, she's a gem! So respectful towards her elders, so dedicated to her job! The two characters are polar opposites! I want happiness for Eun-soo.....but the other girl? Nah, not so much!!

@auntyem  I thought the same thing when I saw this.. I thought Korea especially for the rich and the priviledge are raised by a certing code of eithics granted your going to get a few that will stray but this brat self indulged attitude needs some serious adjustments and she using her mommy issues as a crutch to enable her to do what she like.. I wonder if G/ma had something to do with mom leaving and she feels in order to make it up to the brat is to let her have her way.. 

Well @jimb @sk0317 & @yamiyugi Glad to see us all will be spazzing this thread also

@yamiyugi  Referred to Bit Na's father as "semi-terrible."

Apparently Eun Soo's mother marries Bit Na's father.  That means that Eun Soo's mother will have to contend with Rich Brat AND her Halmoni.

I wonder if the writers are setting us up for yet another Korean Drama  in which a rich man stands idly by while his mother/spouse/ and/or daughter abuses the woman he professes to love. 

And will he be the only male who wimps out on defending his spouse? 

When Eun Soo and Bit Na end up in a house together, will Bit Na become sugar and spice and everything nice?  Not likely.  And if Eun Soo marries the callow Club Jerk, how effective will HE be in keeping Bit Na at bay?

@yamiyugi  Notes that the girl Bit Na bullied subsequently voted in support of Eun Soo on the poetry issue.

I thought this was a very clever and perceptive bit of writing.  At first the bullied girl seemed unappreciative of Eun Soo's help -- then her appreciation was manifested in an unrelated context.  I also thought that the sequence of events (None of the girls would vote against the bully until one girl broke the ice) was pretty much true to life.  Here in the United States too many millennials seem reluctant to express or support a point of view until they see which way the herd is moving.

Man I wish the self indulge lil brat will get her karma soon I think it should be a wake up call to G/ma and dad if she gets sued for her antics.. Well off to cath up the past episodes I missed I can't stomach her on a daily bases or I'll be bald.. Also besides the other drama are showing more interesting scene then watching some rich brat throwing a temper tantrum.. 

@sk0317 and @auntyem  Thank you, Thank you!  There should be more activity in this forum next week when The Shining Eun Soo begins airing on KBS-America.

@sk0317  Halmoni is clearly Bit Na's maternal grandmother.

It's not clear to me whether this is a private or a public school.  In the United States a single-gender school would likely be private, but I don't know whether coeducation is the norm in Korean public schools.

I thought it was interesting that Halmoni asked whether Eun Soo "expects a bribe ALREADY."  Combined with the statement by Eun Soo's fellow teacher that Halmoni had been responsible for terminating several temporary  teachers, the writers seem to be telegraphing that Bit Na has a history of conduct problems and Halmoni has a history of running interference for her grandchild.

In the United States a parent with sharp elbows and influence could probably get away with acting like Halmoni at a public school.  Particularly if, as is often the case, the principal is spineless.  "Gifts" from parents to public school teachers, such as the gift certificate Halmoni offered Eun Soo, are probably not as infrequent as they should be either.

@auntyem  and @sava2sava  It's interesting that this is the fourth* Korean Drama in a row in this KBS-America time slot in which privilege and its abuse in Korea is a major theme (the predecessors were All About My Mom, Sweet Home, Sweet Honey, and The Unusual Family*.)   In fact, I don't think I have seen more than a couple of Korean Dramas in which this wasn't a major theme.

*  Actually the fifth.  I forgot about Save the Family.

@jimb, I don't know how to copy only a portion to quote you, so I just want to address the comment about the privileged in Korea and how they abuse their power. I guess the peanut lady incident was a clear indication that things like that happen in real life. Things like that happen in America, too......but maybe not to that extreme? Or if it does, I have not been privy to it, so that's a good thing! I have experienced snobs in my lifetime, but since it's not the norm where I come from, I can fling it off. But these dramas depictions are disturbing, don't you think? Ugh!

BN is one heck of a brat, and those girls only hang with her cuz she has money. I must say I have a hard time watching this actress, she has been typecast already. This is the third production I've seen her in, and she's been NASTY in all of them. 

SYNOPSIS, EPISODE 5

Eun Soo takes her mother out for dinner. She remembers Rich Brat's video and is sad. Eun Soo attempts to convince her mother to quit her job because she is disturbed that her mother has to bow down to customers such as Rich Brat. Her mother is bitterly amused to learn that Rich Brat is one of Eun Soo's students.

As Eun Soo dismisses her class, she informs Rich Brat that she would like to speak with her. Eun Soo reprimands Rich Brat for harassing and videotaping her mother and for her previous treatment of her mother and other department store clerks. Rich Brat offers no excuse but confesses to herself that she is jealous of Eun Soo's relationship with her mother. Eun Soo informs Rich Brat that further bullying will not be tolerated. Rich Brat vows revenge.

Rich Brat douses Eun Soo with water as she is using the restroom. Rich Brat and her friends are laughing about it as Eun Soo enters the classroom.

Rich Brat and her friends are bullying a classmate in the restroom, threatening to drop her cell phone in the toilet. Eun Soo runs in just as Rich Brat drops the cell phone in the toilet. Eun Soo takes Rich Brat to a private room and gives her a dressing down.

Rich Brat arrives home and cries ostentatiously in an effort to mobilize her Halmoni. She succeeds. She tells Halmoni that her tears are Eun Soo's fault. Rich Brat has also contrived to injure her hand. This further mobilizes Halmoni.

Eun Soo meets her boyfriend for dinner and discusses her problems with Rich Brat. Boyfriend makes excuses for Rich Brat. Boyfriend tells Eun Soo that she should make a greater effort to understand Rich Brat. Boyfriend accuses Eun Soo of being jealous of Rich Brat because she made a play for him. Later she informs him that she wants to postpone their wedding for a year.

At he hospital, a bone in Rich Brat's hand is found to be fractured. Halmoni carries on about how the fracture will impair Rich Brat's ability to play the piano. Rich Brat has achieved two objectives: she allows Halmoni to assume that Eun Soo is responsible for the fracture, and she has an excuse to give up the piano.

Halmoni recites Rich Brat's version of the day's events to Rich Brat's father. E.g., she accidentally dropped her classmate's phone in the toilet. Eun Soo beat Rich Brat with a wooden stick, etc. Rich Brat's father is clueless as his daughter's richard simmons and bull story is regurgitated. He asks whether Halmoni has contacted the school to get their side of the story. No, Halmoni wants to swoop down on the school before they can "develop a defense."

Halmoni is sitting with Rich Brat in her hospital room. Rich Brat tells her that she doesn't want to go to school anymore because she is "scared." Halmoni says it is Eun Soo who should be scared. She'll teach Eun Soo a lesson. Rich Brat smirks with satisfaction.

The doctor's prognosis is that Rich Brat may never be able to play the piano again. Halmoni emotes. Rich Brat's father reminds Halmoni that Rich Brat was never a piano enthusiast. Halmoni claims that the piano was "everything" to Rich Brat. Likely Rich Brat's father will give me many opportunities to use the word "feckless."

The next day students discuss Rich Brat's absence from class. Eun Soo arrives and notes Rich Brat's absence and is exasperated. She lectures the students on the evils of bullying.

Just then the old mother of a dog storms into the classroom and, without a word, slaps Eun Soo. (Yet another instance of violence by the over-privileged in a K-Drama. Are K-Dramas secretly written by Kim Jong Un?)

@auntyem  In the United States, few if any large businesses are family owned so we don't have that many heirs or heiresses rampaging in the workplace.

That said, some of our managers and supervisors "who earned their positions based on merit" are probably as verbally abusive as any in Korea.  Most know better than to physically abuse a subordinate, however, because such behavior would cost their employers big money.

Unfortunately, abuse of store clerks and service personnel has been democratized in this country, as has rude behavior in general.  Probably our rich are no better or worse than anyone else.    

Finally, there is certainly more interaction between wealthy and non-wealthy Koreans in K-Dramas than between wealthy and non-wealthy Americans in real life.  By and large the wealthy don't have to interact with the plebes unless they choose to and most don't choose to.

9 hours ago, jimb said:

@sk0317 and @auntyem  Thank you, Thank you!  There should be more activity in this forum next week when The Shining Eun Soo begins airing on KBS-America.

@sk0317  Halmoni is clearly Bit Na's maternal grandmother.

It's not clear to me whether this is a private or a public school.  In the United States a single-gender school would likely be private, but I don't know whether coeducation is the norm in Korean public schools.

I thought it was interesting that Halmoni asked whether Eun Soo "expects a bribe ALREADY."  Combined with the statement by Eun Soo's fellow teacher that Halmoni had been responsible for terminating several temporary  teachers, the writers seem to be telegraphing that Bit Na has a history of conduct problems and Halmoni has a history of running interference for her grandchild.

In the United States a parent with sharp elbows and influence could probably get away with acting like Halmoni at a public school.  Particularly if, as is often the case, the principal is spineless.  "Gifts" from parents to public school teachers, such as the gift certificate Halmoni offered Eun Soo, are probably not as infrequent as they should be either.

Thank you for your explanations and clarifications @jimb:).

I just finished watching the subbed version of episode 5. It puzzles me why ES has to use the same restroom as the students:o. Over here in Japan, the students and teaching staff use different restrooms (in both private and public schools) although the restrooms may be located on the same floor.

BN's maternal GM is some piece of work. I think BN takes after her GM.  She is unreasonable, arrogant and listens to BN's one-sided story instead of asking for an explanation and proper investigation into the "alleged incident". I suspect GM might be a big contributor monetarily to BN's school for her to act like she is boss. In RL, parents or guardians are only allowed to visit their kids' school by appointments. Shouldn't employees in Korea be insured against physical attacks like slapping and arm grabbing, cavemen style? I don't think they are paid well enough to have to accept all these accusations and abuses.

BTW I don't think ES's current BF is a "great guy" to marry. He just knows how to play by the "rules" to maintain his position as a "popular" teacher in that school. Bullying is a persistent and growing problem in schools and at work too. In extreme cases, the victim is driven to suicide and most bullies get away with any responsibilities as the abuse the victim was exposed to is mostly verbal (sometimes it's a mix of verbal and physical abuses) that can leave a lasting and damaging impact/effect on the victim.

I have to agree with you on your take on BN's father. He does come across as "feckless":(. He doesn't seem to have an explosive temper and tries to reason things out unlike his MIL. But we can tell who runs the show behind their household from the interactions we have witnessed so far in this drama.

@jimb asked whether Bit Na might suddenly become Sugar and Spice and everything nice though he also suggested that isn't most likely. I think that Bit Na is a slightly complicated person and she can go either way. While I know that may sound like a cop out but the thing that you have to note about her is that she plays the role of both victim and perpetrator so well. Thus when we realize how frustrated she is due to the way that she is treated at home one can easily feel sorry for her but then she has to go and ruin it the next moment because she tends to take out her frustration on other people and thus becomes the perpetrator. The other thing about Bit Na is that she isn't exactly like other second female leads. What I mean by this is that generally when all these leads try to do harm to others they don't generally feel bad about their actions unless they personally know the victim and that to sometimes. For instance in Sweet Home Sweet Honey the second female lead actually felt a bit guilty when she realized who her sister really was but not so much before that. Granted she still went along with her plans and all. Now Bit Na is mostly like that. Clearly not fully since she still tends to bully her classmate and all but other than that when she tries to mistreat Eun Soo's mother and Eun Soo figured that out she did start to feel a bit bad about her actions and whats more she admitted to herself atleast what she did was wrong. The problem with her is that her pride is to strong thus she isn't going to easily apologize and admit her mistakes to the ones she has done to. Now it is quite possible that I am reading her wrong and given that I have just seen her for 5 episodes or so this is more than likely. Perhaps the only reason that she can feel any kind of guilt and remorse regarding her behaviour towards Eun Soo's mother is because unlike other people around her Eun Soo treats her the same no matter what and she doesn't seem to care how rich or powerful her family may seem to be nor does she try and handle her with kid gloves a change from what she is normally used to. Eun Soo doesn't hesitate to discipline her or try to shame her something that other teachers clearly wouldn't dare. On top of all that she herself is sort of jealous of the bond that Eun Soo has with her mother something that she so dearly wants. Now in this case I can clearly see that if she were to get a new mother aka stepmother she might be slightly open to that idea. But certain factors need to come into play. For instance she seems to be the jealous and perhaps even a bit possessive. Now if it was just a stepmother then she might be okay with that as long as this person was on her side but I doubt that she would be okay with sharing her new mother with anyone. Now another problem with step parents is that even though they say that they want to treat all their children equally it just isn't fully possible Even if they don't fully realize it they either try to take side with their own children and may alienate their new family or just to get closer to their new family members they try and take their side instead of seeing who is right and wrong. So in this case while the adopted child may have made a mistake they will try and scold their own child perhaps thinking that will help them in their relationship with their mate and also how to get closer to the step child as well. Unfortunately this only breeds resentment. Please note that this isn't always the case mind you.

Anyway as I was saying since Bit Na is the possessive type plus not to forget that she is the second lead who are known for their devious natures and all. In this case you can be sure that she is going to try and arrange situations where she is going to play the victim and make it seem like Eun Soo was the aggressor. Basically trying to make Eun Soo's mother take her side and all. Something that she has wanted for quite sometime and all. Plus like I said that since she may have wanted a mother and do mother daughter things with her she may very well be nice towards her for a change yet still be nasty, mean and devious towards Eun Soo. But like I said she can go either way. Bit Na is a survivor of sorts and she will do anything to survive I guess. So in that case she may very well choose sides as well. In this case if her grandmother is against said marriage and and against Eun Soo's mother becoming part of the family rather than alienate her grandmother from whom she has gotten so much she may very well choose to be on her side and if she thinks that being terrible to Eun Soo's mother is the way to do that then that is what she is going to do. After all who is it that tends to bail her out whenever she is in any kind of trouble or she needs to get rid of a person. Yep you guessed it correctly that person is none other than her grandmother. Where does all that money come from for her to spend and enjoy herself again same person. So in this case I think depending on the circumstances she can play both roles.

The problem with Bit Na's dad is that he simply doesn't know how to handle his kids. Even though he may love her he doesn't know how to be there for her. I can only assume that after his wife left him (death/fake death) he fully immersed himself in his work (most probably) to forget about his grief that he forgot all about his daughter who was equally suffering. Instead he left all of that on his MiL who pretty much spoiled her granddaughter. But even worse is that she doesn't let her granddaughter live her own life. She has her shackled with her own dreams and wishes. I don't know what the grandmother thinks that she is doing on one hand she thinks that money can solve all problems and thinks that if her granddaughter has everything that she wants, needs etc then she is happy but she doesn't realize that Bit Na is nothing but a caged bird. It doesn't matter how large the cage is if the bird can't achieve its freedom. She is crippling the bird by not only caging it but even trying to clip its wings. Bit Na tries to rebel but to no avail the grandmother is simply far to controlling than is healthy for anyone involved. At this point I really wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that she is responsible for greasing the wheels and all for letting her son become the president. Perhaps she may even try and use that against him in the future by telling him that he owes her and that without her he would have been nothing such as she was the one that was responsible for getting him elected as the president of said hospital. In other words she needs to have the final say in everything and she won't dare to listen to what others have to say if that goes against what she thinks is right. This can clearly be seen when she only listens to her granddaughters side of the story and doesn't even bother to investigate the matter further or when her SiL tries to tell her that Bit Na may never be able to play the piano again perhaps only as a hobby. She can't seem to accept that fact nor is she fully willing to listen to her granddaughter when she says that she doesn't want to play the piano anymore and instead of finding out the root cause she attributes it to stress which is far more believable to her than the truth that Bit Na just isn't into the piano. Also the grandmother clearly wins as being the most cultured person in this entire show. Showing exactly how refined she is compared to all the other characters that we have been introduced so far to. :)

I still have to say that Bit Na is extremely resourceful. She gets herself injured of all places on her hands giving her the perfect excuse to not play the piano. Ofcourse we all know how the grandmother is going to take that. A shame really since Bit Na may have thought that this may have given her a free pass from ever playing the piano again. Only to find later on that the grandmother is going to further push her to play it to make up for the lost time and all. Infact I wouldn't be surprised if the grandmother tried to make her play it even while she was injured so that she doesn't loose her touch and she can boast to others how great her granddaughter is and how she can still play so well even though she is at a disadvantage compared to others.

The problem with bullies is that they are cowards that is why they like to hunt their victims in packs because it gives them a measure of strength or even some sort of courage but at the same time they are also very devious they know ways to get around the adults ever finding out their true nature and all. On top of all that there is a reason why their victims never bother informing the adults about their issues. Namely because the adults can basically do nothing about it. Like I said even if the victim were to ever report the abuse to the adults there is only so much that the adult can do such as perhaps ask a teacher to look out for their child since they are getting abused and bullied but the problem here is that the teacher can only do so much. They can't be around the victim 24/7 and the bullies seem to capitalize on said moments. Thus the moment they find the victim in an unguarded state they are going to strike back and they are going to do so with a vengeance. All the missed opportunities are going to be doubled on the poor helpless victim thus they are going to end up suffering even more than before. Plus teachers can't take any kind of action before the bullies do something which is generally when it is to late. Without proof the bullies continue to have a free reign and the victim continues to suffer all along. If they do get caught the victim is generally to scared to admit that they were being bullied because they know that the bully is eventually going to have their revenge on them later on. Such as even if the bully were to get suspended they would be back later on and then it would continue just that the bullies would now look for new means to torture their victims and find new ways to not get caught.

Speaking of the bullied victim does anyone think that she managed to cut a deal with Bit Na. This being that in return for getting her injured and maybe even frame Eun Soo along the way Bit Na agrees to stop bullying her? It really wouldn't take much for her to vent out all her frustration on the object of frustration. Perhaps with a bit of goading and promises of eternal freedom and all?

@auntyem you say that the actress for Bit Na has been typecast as a nasty person in three dramas can you help me out over here. Clearly this is one and the other was Heaven's Promise (where she was a man stealer as well though apparently she failed in this one thankfully) but which is the third one? Not that it really matters.

@sk0317 maybe Eun Soo was using the student rest room because she doesn't know where the staff rest room is? She is new after all or maybe Bit Na simply entered the staff rest room without any permission it isn't like there is a locked door where you can only enter by sliding your student or staff pass. I think that would be a bit of overkill. Plus it depends on what kind of school there is. I have studied in schools where the staff have had their own toilets or where they share the same as the students. Frankly when they had their own I would prefer to use theirs as it was generally far more cleaner than the normal students ones. I just had to be careful not to get caught by the teachers though. I think there was only one time when the teacher actually sent me to use the staff rest room LoL. Like I was going to use the toilet when the teacher stopped me and asked me where I was headed and I told him to use the toilet. He told me that I couldn't use this one and if I really wanted to use it to go to the staff toilet :) That was really weird. You also mentioned how teachers should be insured against grabbing caveman style or being slapped by an unreasonable parent and all. I think if the nut rage incident is any indication then everyone should have been insured :) Am pretty sure that the only reason that we even found out about that was because she made a mistake and made the plane go back making it sort of an international incident. Had this also not become such a big case she would have simply tried to buy the stewards silence of buy paying them of. Unfortunately since the whole world found out she had to publicly apologize. So to be honest I am not surprised at the grandmothers behaviour. I think according to K-Dramas rich people must have a hobby to slap the poor and defenseless people around then whom they know that can't do anything about it because if they do anything rich people move to hobby number 2 which is to crush said people under their heels for daring to rise up against them and to crush any hope that their is fairness or justice in this world.

Things are going to get interesting when the Dad decides to marry Eun Soo's mother because lets face it grandmother clearly doesn't like her nor is she going to like the fact that her SiL has moved on from her precious daughter as well. Plus lets not forget Eun Soo's grandmother aka MiL to her mother is going to move in as well. Those two grandmothers are going to be at each others throats because Eun Soo's grandmother is bound to be taking her DiL's side if she were to see her mistreated in anyway whatsoever. So I guess Eun Soo's mother won't be totally alone in that house even if Bit Na acts crazy towards her and all.

Other than that let me get the few other families straight that we have been introduced to so far.

We have Soo Ho and he has a sister (Cadaver Girl) plus I can only assume a brother who is not shown so far. (perhaps busy studying in the States. Also perhaps to meet Bit Na when she is there for some reason or the other?) Then we have his parents who run a small restaurant. Yet they still seem a bit well of. I guess from how we were introduced to the two men and how they suggested to the dad that he should advertise his place on TV. I can only assume that he is either eventually going to accept said offer. Perhaps his wife will manage to convince him since they might think that she would be a better target for them to focus on or else they will market some of his product making it a super hit and making him mega successful. We saw how they purchased said item and maybe they will run further tests on it and ask him to sign up with them for some sort of partnership. Thus after a time skip of 7 years they are going to be even more successful and have their own brand or something to that extent. Guess that means that Soo Ho is going to be even more of a handful than he already is. I also guess that would further mean that his mother would be against marrying someone like Eun Soo unless she becomes part of Bit Na's family.
Then we have Eun Soo who lives with her fraternal grandmother, mother and brother. I get the feeling that brother is going to be an item with Cadaver Girl but at the same time I doubt that is going to work in the long run because I doubt that his parents would be okay to marry all their children into one family. Plus the way the mother is of Soo Ho I doubt that she would want to place all her eggs in the same basket so one can be sure that we can expect a breakup between the two at some point.

Well that will be all from my end for now. I know that I am forgetting something but will have to add them later on when I do remember said items. So till then take care all of you. :)

Nice to see you  @sk0317  :)  Oh well once got hooked into daily, there’s no way around it, so I resigned. hehe :lol:  I hope you will like this daily but for me this torturing juvenile bully stuff is hard to watch so I will wait till time jump and see how it goes.   Meanwhile I will continuously read @jimb recaps (thank you) and watch the video clips and so on...  

@auntyem  @jimb     I think  bullying and harassment and corruption happen  across nations and cultures.    In US, bullying and harassment  have been tempered down considerably, not because of high moral upbringing by the citizens but rather by incessant yet lucrative  lawsuits.   As @jimb said it is costly for any business or institution to let their subordinates act with such behavior.      Regarding corruption, it is as rampant here as any other countries.   Especially corruption related with finance  appears to be like a minor irritation due to the large size of population and its being the richest nation so that the ordinary citizens don’t feel too much pinch in their pocketbooks.  When this made national headlines, it was so big that it could bankrupt any small country.    

It’s a good thing that bullying and harassment and corruption are permanent perennials in society, because without them we don’t have much juicy stuff to watch on kdrama.  lol  :P

@yamiyugi  @booha I thought the writers' treatment of school bullying was especially true to life.  Note that the members of Bit Na's posse range from plain to unattractive.  Also note how the overweight girl with glasses always strives so desperately for Bit Na's approval since she is aware at some level that she's a prime candidate for the abuse Bit Na is dishing out.

Archived