[Drama 2016-2017] Golden Pouch 황금주머니, Mon-Frid 20:55. Thanks for all your support!

0ly40

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, lclarakl said:

Well it appears Dr Han has figured out the connection between fake father and JS. Can't wait to see how it all unfolds.

JR has assured Dr. Han he will help him find his parents:).

The faker volunteered instead to help Dr. Han locate his parents.

The faker was so rude he barged into JR's office without knocking after the viper told him Dr. Han was on his way to JR's office.

Basically nothing happened in today's episode.  I was surprised that Dr. Han finally decided to do something of the kind that the viper routinely does.  He checked KPD's jacket pockets!! Wow, so unlike him.  It was also funny to see the viper overhearing Dr. Han simply saying on the phone that he would go meet the chairman, and getting totally concerned like he was going to tell JR something... and the Faker then barges into JR's office like the sky was falling. Lol.

By the way, if any of you are wondering, the Faker's rationalization at the beginning of the episode was that Dr. Han still thought KPD was the dad, because otherwise he wouldn't take the extreme step of doing the surgery himself.  I guess he underestimated the good doctor's heart. Faker says that to his beloved viper baby too.  But then the mother viper confirms that the paternity test was negative before the surgery.  Now the faker and the viper are on the run.

But the Faker asked the viper if she wanted to end the marriage.  She is like, you can't be serious - "I haven't got any of what I'm after".  Later when she tells the faker more about stealing the company, the faker asks "so you think I am a monster?".  And she deadpans, "you already were, when we got married".  haha.

Today's preview for Ep104 shows the Faker offering to help find Dr. Han's father. Then the viper's mom asks her to get a clean divorce from the faker and at least make some money through alimony. The viper is running around at the hospital asking where KPD went. Then Dr. Han asks KPD if he was there (at the company) to see JS. Finally the faker is asking Dr. Han, "watch your words. Who is this father?".  Dr. Han says, "go ahead and act unawares to the bitter end. I will bring it out anyway".

2 hours ago, jayakris said:

ut the Faker asked the viper if she wanted to end the marriage.  She is like, you can't be serious - "I haven't got any of what I'm after".  Later when she tells the faker more about stealing the company, the faker asks "so you think I am a monster?".  And she deadpans, "you already were, when we got married".  haha.

@jayakris, thanks for providing more details regarding their conversations. Fake JS always wanted to believe that he was nothing like his father. He also thought he didn't covet things that didn't belong to him. I'm beginning to think that his desires were not obvious because he knew as "first" son they belonged to him automatically so he could afford to be gracious. Now that his real father has appeared and the real JS who is well liked by the Yoons, JS real desires are surfacing with the aid of MH. He is feeling real competition from Dr Han. I'm so happy Dr. Han knows the truth--he Can't trust JS.

It's seems like Dr. Han is baiting faker to reveal the truth. On the other hand the faker took it as Dr. Han not knowing anything about the paternity issue yet. Viper cannot say that she hasn't gained anything from her marriage to faker. The Yoons paid all of her loan shark mother's debt - which seems to be substantial. That could be considered as settlement money to end the marriage to faker.

It's lamentable that writers still insist on adding a love line between SN and Ji Sang. Please, it's just a waste of footage and airtime that could be devoted to the movement of the central plot.

LOL at KPD inside the ICU with cap on his head. He's only hooked up to a breathing apparatus and IV drip. No monitors for his blood pressure, heartbeat, breathing, oxygen levels. No tube to remove swallowed air.

The part I love about this episode is the conversation between Seok Hoon and Papa Geum. It was heartfelt and inspiring, with Papa Geum buoying Seok Hoon's sagging spirit. I guess this will weigh heavily when Seok Hoon has to choose between having a warm and loving family with the Geums or being connected with the snooty, appearance-loving and judgmental Yoons (except Ji Sang).

MH is trying to suck up to Grandma Eun. 

3 hours ago, nrlfan4ever said:

The part I love about this episode is the conversation between Seok Hoon and Papa Geum. It was heartfelt and inspiring, with Papa Geum buoying Seok Hoon's sagging spirit. I guess this will weigh heavily when Seok Hoon has to choose between having a warm and loving family with the Geums or being connected with the snooty, appearance-loving and judgmental Yoons (except Ji Sang).

@nrlfan4ever, I absolutely loved this moment.  I was so touched by the fact that he ran to the hospital immediately upon hearing the news that faker wasn't the real father. It was so touching as he tried to console Seok Hoon. I actually think the Chairman is also a kind man like Papa Geum. I can't wait until he finds out who his father really is. I hope the writer doesn't hold out until the end.

Ep 103 w/Subs:

Lots more wheel-spinning, burning of daylight, and waste of film footage. (Although now it is most certainly electronic.) The only plot movement is that everyone now knows that TheBum isn't HeartDr's father.  And everyone knows that everyone knows.  

FakeSon is going to tire soon and decide to give everything to the woman he loves, Heroine.  He will want her to be happy.  And he will want to be free of the SpawnofViper.  

But first we have to get rid of the original Faker...  Saw that someone wrote about a Heroine developing her heart problem, which has been unmentioned for 50 episodes, and needing a transplant.  Of course, HeartDr will perform the surgery, he couldn't trust such a special person to any other doctor.  Which means that Faker has to die.  Or be brain dead.  I really want to see Granny stab Faker a few hundred times with her embroidery needle.  Then, as a mortally-wounded Faker retreats from Granny's room, she falls to the floor in front of Viper2 who steps right over her.  But guess that won't happen.  :(

LOVED the scene where Faker scolded Viper2 and Viper2 wasn't even fazed.  Viper2 is a fair match for that Faker, it would spice-up screen time to see them hiss & spit at each other, like pit vipers do.  

What's the next series?  It's still about a month away, and while I have enjoyed this series, I can hardly wait.  

Is this the lull before the storm...? It is very obvious that from the minute fake JS is found to be KPD son, the wall of cards will start crumbling. But is the writer going to take this route..? Is she going to drag on the revelation till the last few episodes, and allow MH and fake JS to spin more lies with the help of her mother, the evil loanshark, to incur more  injustice to DrHan....?  There are going to be many victims with one secret out. In fact almost all the key players in this drama will be affected one way or another. Even Papa and Mama Geum will have their spats too. MK will be so disappointed in his family's involvement to cheat their way into someone's wealth.

Is NS going to be spinning her web of lies too, to save her pride ...? In fact she has a lot to lose, so will she, and her accomplice, MH Fake JS and loan shark, try to get rid of DrHan ...?  His presence now is going to shake their contented life. If writer take this route, I shall be very upset, cos I cannot stomach another evil scheme by any of them. Please let the revelation be a step at a time to save us from heartache and our blood pressure from bursting.  This week episodes will be the deciding factor, but knowing kdrama, they love cruelty and such a sadist that I am writing here with such trepidation that the path to the truth is not going to be smooth sailing. 

As some would say, ' Bubble, bubble, ... toil and trouble ,    Fire burn and cauldron bubble ....'.  Just my pessimistic views, since am so desperate to witness the unfolding of all the secrets ..... 

@shebagirl, there is so much that the writer needs to deal with after the revelation that she needs to start it now. I do hate that she's dragged Dr Han and SH getting married. It seems like time has stood still around them, while MH and fake JS married ASAP and now it's months. I hate the way the writer has progressed this story. If Dr Han was using half a brain, he would have figured out the connection between fake JS, fake father and MH a long time ago. I would think he would also be curious that he and fake JS have the same town of birth in common.

However, there is so much reconciliation that is needed once the secrets have been revealed that I fear there are not enough remaining episodes to do it properly. 

Unfortunately for me I could not find a good stream to watch live today.. I looked at the clips and Faker is still no match for Dr. Han.. I am about to watch the raw and all I can think is Faker never should have gone down this path. He should have just left if he could not admit he was not the real JS.

I am not surprised that KPD decided to get up out of his hospital bed and run after a major liver transplant surgery. He like his son are both weak links and given how smart and kind Dr. Han is he knew it would be only a matter of time before Dr. Han got the truth from him. But I am very angry at him. I knew he would do this as payment to his son for how he treated him. But he fails to remember in letting his son stay in a life that does not belong to him he has robbed the true JS of his birthright and blood connections. This is exactly why Faker will not get to just quietly continue living that life. The truth will come out. Then Faker will have to deal with the anger, pain and shock from the Yoon's when the truth comes out and his decision to hold on to something not for him when he  found out the real JS was alive and was Dr. Han. No way will he be able to cover up he did not know given how competitive he was with Dr. Han. The Yoon's will realize this is why he was so distracted and bothered. (Still can't understand why NS has not got it yet.. They have totally dumbed her down.)

From the clips Dr. Han has put Faker on notice and just about told him he possibly knows who he really is and will expose it since Faker keeps denying it. He caught both KPD and Faker trying to meet one another.  So I have to wonder if it is just Dr. Han thinking that Faker is living the life of the real JS when he is really KPD's son. Or has he got as far as to realize he could be the real JS? I keep thinking its the first. I do not think he will realize who he is until some memory or information about JJ matches the memory he has of her. Only then will he get it.

Now will we get our wedding fast? I really Hope the writer gets them married and not just lets Seol Hwa try on wedding gowns. We need them married ASAP before the real bomb goes off on who Dr. Han really is. If they marry I wonder if the Yoon's will attend? Prolly Not.. But an invite may be extended simply to give NS a chance to see her daughter marry while CJ stands in her rightful place (and seat) as Mother of the bride considering CJ did all the heavy lifting in raising Seol Hwa she gets that seat for being her mom even with out blood. (Very Bittersweet for NS.. but then she does not get the title when she gave her up and denied her after finding out who she was again.) It also could be extended as a courtesy to Madam Eun who likes Dr. Han so much and helped with the store for the dumpling shop and for JR who has been so supportive of Dr. Han. It would be just like the writer to do this so that they see him marry before they find out who he really is. (reminds me of New Tales of Gisaeng) instead of having them moan about how they missed seeing their blood marry later all due to the lies of others.

Either way get to it Writer and tie Dr. Han to Seol Hwa before the Yoon's have a chance to try to block it when the truth of who Dr. Han comes out..

There's one thing I wanted to point out. The location of the current dumpling shop is in the building owned by Grandma Eun, and loaned to Papa and Mama Geum. When Papa Geum was talking to DN and MK about starting a dumpling shop of their own, I though they'd be looking for a place to rent, so in effect they'd be opening a branch. That was what MK was saying before; that he'll open a branch now then several later and even a dumpling factory. That is why Papa Geum and Seok Hoon returned the down payment for their book to him. But now it seems that the current shop is the one that the two will run? :unsure: So where will Papa & Mama Geum relocate their own shop? What is there to change in the interior when it's already set up? Or is actually another place?

1 hour ago, takanome89 said:

Sw heard the conversation between Dr. Han and her biological mother

She saw them talking but wouldn't have found out anything.  She only heard NS say "as the mom, I want to do this" [Note: she didn't say "her mom", as Korean really has no word for a "her"].  Before that, NS was talking to Dr. Han about wanting to help him become the CEO, and Dr. Han had asked if it was because of SeorHwa, telling her to continue to just watch her from afar and trust him, as it is best for SH now.  Dr. Han had finished saying in a soft voice, "do this for SeorHwa's sake" when we saw SH appearing in the corridor outside - so she couldn't have heard it, to know that the conversation had anything to do with her.  It was weird and uncharacteristic of SH to barge in, interrupt NS and ask "what do you mean Mom?", after only hearing NS say "as a mom, I want to do this".  So this was just a poorly concocted scene just for suspense.  At the start of the next episode, NS and Dr. Han will give some quick excuse that they were talking about Ji Sang being more involved in the company or some stuff like that, and that will be that.

In fact the preview shows NS taking SH for selecting the wedding gown.  Then, when Dr. Han asked SH she wasn't uncomfortable about "that person" (which surely must be about NS taking her for the wedding gown thing) - "I just like her; I don't even know why".  So she still doesn't know that NS is the mom.

But JR is heard asking Dr. Han "you lived in Namwon?" and telling him that there was a fire there when Jun Sang lived there too.  So, the writer is going to continue with fixing who Dr. Han's father is, before getting to the story on who SH's mother is.

2 hours ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

From the clips Dr. Han has put Faker on notice and just about told him he possibly knows who he really is and will expose it since Faker keeps denying it. He caught both KPD and Faker trying to meet one another.  So I have to wonder if it is just Dr. Han thinking that Faker is living the life of the real JS when he is really KPD's son. Or has he got as far as to realize he could be the real JS? I keep thinking its the first. I do not think he will realize who he is until some memory or information about JJ matches the memory he has of her. Only then will he get it

You're right. He hasn't put 2 and 2 together to figure out that he must be the real JS.  So far he is fully sure that Faker is KPD's son.  He was shown to cross out the names in his notebook scribbles, "Father = Kang Pil Do,  My Real name = Kang Shin Woo", and add a new line "Kang Shin Woo = Yoon Jun Sang".   Later when he talks to SH in his office, he tells her that he now feels that all the memories brought up while talking to KPD that he thought must be fake s are indeed real memories.  He also told her that he needs to remember everything, starting with the fire.  So I guess he will simply remember the kid he played with (that KPD told him about), and finally figure everything out.  Maybe JR telling him about fake-JS being there at the time of the Namwon fire (as in the preview) will be what makes Dr. Han finally put 2 and 2 together.

Archived