[Drama 2016-2017] Golden Pouch 황금주머니, Mon-Frid 20:55. Thanks for all your support!

0ly40

I stuck on with this drama when I first felt that it was like a 'who dun it ' type of mystery. It was so fun arranging the puzzles with the clues thrown in at every episodes. The viewers had a rough idea the culprit who started the frauds, and so I ploughed on week by week to see the revelations. The obstacles by the fake JS and MH, the loan shark were nerve wrecking and at times puts me on edge. DrHan however persevered and that gave me the impetus to keep watching. The later part left me very sad since we know that it would hurt the person he loves .... Seolhwa. 

The final two episodes were indeed the toughest to watch, most will agree here that we were crying. The final had it sad moments, but the last 10 minutes did not do justice to the drama. I would expect a better coverage of the OTP reunion, but alas, writer did a miserable finish to a good lengthy dailies. DrHan last few words gave hope that 'he would stay by her side and protect her' .... just that, and an ending so bland, that it simply ruined the excitement...... it left a bad aftertaste. 

With this summary, I decide not to watch anymore kdrama, because time and time again, writers did not want to give a memorable ending to make viewers feel that it was worthwhile spending nearly six months, emotionally drained most time, and time wasted , only to witness a poor portrayal of the main couple. It just need a narration of what's in the mind and heart of DrHan would suffice, just like it was done by NS before the transplant. She managed to say her parting words to the daughter she abandoned and told us that she loved her.  Writer could have done the same voice over for DrHan to let us viewers feel that he plans to spend his life with Seolhwa and, that should keep us satisfied I feel. The end was not 'Finish' but more like hanging on air ..... !!!

I would like to express my heartfelt thanx to all in this thread for giving me such happy reading and also sharing the many odd and funny times bashing and taking the micky of their attires and kept the drama more bearable than the plots were. It shall take me awhile to wean out from the dissatisfaction and disappointment from this ending ..... so am staying away from kdrama......Till next I decide to join, have a lovely time everyone and Goodbye .... Sayonara.... Au Revoir ..... :heart:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, angelwingssf said:

So, finally we have come to the end of the road with Golden Pouch.  Yay!!  Even though the drama was not bad in terms of timing, events, and spacing out, I did feel the final episode was half baked leaving an opening for season 2.  But from what I have learnt about Korean Dramas, they do not like doing a second season.  (eg. scarlet heart, Descendants of the sun - (with the same actors), - to name a few).  So, the writer should have been prudent enough to give us a great (not good) final episode.  

The title being Golden Pouch is about a person finding his roots and commingling with family.  I don't think we got that.  

Since it does not matter about the sidekicks and their families, the writer should have changed the last episode to include everything (kitchen sink).  After SH's operation and NS (the martyr), it was fine with me that Dr. Han wanted to go away for a while.  JR says that he should always come back and be with them.  

After a year gap or so, Dr. Han should have returned and found SH and their marriage should have been conducted.  Dr. Han and SH move in with JR and grandma.  Grandma had an inkling about Dr. Han as Joon Sang anyway.  This way, Dr. Han could have bonded with Ji-sang and Grandma and JR.  Dr. Han and SH's lives should have been that of a normal couple of watching a movie, eating out, getting pregnant (first set - with twins), being the president , and SH leading the production team.  On the first birthday of the twins,  Ji-sang 's engagement  happens and everyone having a great time. JR and Grandma Eun, Papa & Mama G, are over the moon playing with the grand kids and DN kid.   Two years later, we could have seen MH and her mom attending with DN's kid,  Ji-sang marriage after their stint in the slammer.   Just a mention of the Dumpling factory and Mr. Kim's working with the Geums would have been enough.  This would have been more satisfying (for me) since we spent so much time with out OTP being sad and weepy , it was time to see them smile for at least 20 minutes of the last episode.  

Dr. Han did not get to bond with the family.  That was lost in the entire drama even though that should have been the golden line.

You put it exactly what I wish to see. That would have been an ultimate satisfYong ending than having SN snaring the love of grandma Eun. It should have been Dr Han & SW since grandma likes SW very much.

4 hours ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

I'm not happy that MH ended up with nice fake JS and leading a happy life. I rather fake JS spend the time bonding with his dad and later find a nicer girl than viper 2. She is too ugly to fit him.

I'm unhappy that SN is with dumbro.  She doesn't deserve it because she is only after him for his $$$. She has already expressed to him a few times that she wants a rich husband n kept hitting on him but she was disappointed that he didn't get her message. Looks like she succeeded. 

Everyone is leading their proper happy ending except the last 1 minute meeting of our OTP. What the fish! 

I hope SH and SW do another drama together because their onscreen chemistry is explosive

Too bad the writer & director didn't squeeze every drop possible out of them. Instead they focus too much on Fakers & Vipers story and also too much time was spent on MK/DN story too. It's like everyone is the OTP of this drama instead of our OTP. :(

@cheekychipmunk_stv, I agree with everything in your post. People like MH, Madam Sa and NS don't have a conscience and don't regret the harm they cause others. If you can cause harm to others and carry on with your life as if nothing is wrong, then you don't have a conscience. MH is greedy and that's not going to change. She has such a negative and nasty attitude, why put JS with her? For the most part, he is a good person that was influenced, used and treated badly as a child. Why in the world not have him bond with his real family that has been looking for him? Why make him still cling to a family that he stole from someone else---where is his shame?

I truly think the writer had a great drama going and then started meandering around the 60 episode  range when she/he should have begin revealing and developing characters. Now is seems like everything is a hodgepodge mess with baby sister trying to marry SH' brother who is also Dr.Han's brother. I don't like the selfish baby sister who have traits of NS' personality--greedy for money; that was the only thing that attracted her to SH's brother--knowing he was the chairman's son.

The writer have all these money greedy characters and provided no real development for them. NS died, but she was really never willing to give up her wealth. Her writing a letter saying she was thankful for the Chairman's love was so disgusting to me because he was her friend's husband and she threw his son into the world with her lies. I truly can't see a man forgiving a woman like that. Also, in the beginning of this drama, the chairman still had Dr Han's mother in his heart.

I won't dwell on it anymore, but I was disappointed in the last 50 episodes of this drama because everything happened in the last 10 and nothing much prior to that.

SURPRISE!!!  I am with EVERYONE on this ending.  TOTALLY UNSATISFACTORY!

Even though the star couple was together in The End, it was rushed and out of time sync and just... totally bad.

1)  DumplingNoona's baby is maybe 6 months old?  She was maybe 6 months preggers when all ended.  During The End scenes, big company - rousing success built in intervening time:  9 months?   WHAT-THE WHAT-THE??? 

2)  You can commit a hit-and-run in Korea and be out of jail in the same intervening time:  9 months?

3)  You can commit security fraud/insider trading and be out of jail in even less time? (Viper2)

4)  WHY WHY WHY was DumplingSister still hanging around DumbBro?  How are Heroine and HeartDr supposed to get together?  This family has HeartDr calling Heroine's parents father/mother.  This is not a simple double in-laws situation, this is family inter-braiding!  

5)  Nice that Faker2 is with his father and patching things up, but WHY WHY WHY does he/would he accept that nasty Viper2?  Maybe we are supposed to believe that Viper2 has been reformed by her experience.  But that possibility is harder to swallow than the entire ending.  

YES, KDramas writer, you screw** us yet again.  Thanks for the memories.  

To all on the thread:  A sincere THANK YOU for making the series even better than it was.  

See you at the next star-crossed couple, rich family vs. poor family, abandoned kid finding his birth family, smack from the Truck of Doom, or tears by the River of Woes.  :heart:

To all Chingus following the thread, Please accept my faithful thanx, I've never experienced such joy reading various insightful thoughts and comments on a drama before. Thanks for these unforgettable precious moments. :heart: I wish we could meet in other thread.    

11 hours ago, Once Upon Time said:

To all Chingus following the thread, Please accept my faithful thanx, I've never experienced such joy reading various insightful thoughts and comments on a drama before. Thanks for these unforgettable precious moments. :heart: I wish we could meet in other thread.    

ditto from me too.........

Archived