[Drama 2016-2017] Golden Pouch 황금주머니, Mon-Frid 20:55. Thanks for all your support!

0ly40

On 4/20/2017 at 11:09 AM, shebagirl said:

I shall give the benefit of the doubt here to a DrHan @lclarakl. When KPD called the fake ShinWoo, DrHan gave him that suspicious look, but when KPD fell, he might have thought that his medical condition made him mistook fake for him ... maybe.  It is too early for his true identity to be revealed for now. As we have speculated here, it could be in his last breath he appealed to fake to go the 'right path'. Then the marriage will be put on hold by Papa Geum again, since he will know that they were back to square one with NS. The objections would cause Seolhwa to have one of her attacks, and as someone here said, could be the turning point of NS to admit that Seolhwa is her daughter. By then the whole household will be in chaos, with Ji Sang, in such a dilemma that he sought SeNa for comfort. Well, he would be confused all right, suddenly he would have sundae as Nona, and DrHan, whom he thinks highly of, as hyung....! Of course this is only my write up, the writer can take a different route.... as always....

@shebagirl, Dr Han always looks very observant when he's caught the 'crooks' in the act, but then it goes nowhere and he thinks nothing else of it. He heard his father call fake JS by his real name. He caught MH redhanded in his office with the paternity rest, but he doesn't really question it. JS doing an about face and marrying MH, after all his smack about loving SeolHwa, and that didn't seem odd. I could go on and on.  Dr. Han is an extremely intelligent man and has made a name for himself internationally as a skilled surgeon...but all that analytical skill that he possesses, doesn't appear to be coming through; he's somewhat content with where he is and not trying to seek clarity. He's too quick to believe what is being told to him and not his memories.

In regards to his identity, I think it's getting a little late. I think it should be revealed now because MH is just not going to accept that she's about to lose everything.  I can see more drama happening after the truth has been revealed. More chaos around Dr Han and SH's marriage.  Daily dramas move slow and 20 episodes is not a lot of time.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@sk0317

it would serve Madam Eun Right if she goes ahead and shows her support for fakers underhanded business practices born out of jealousy and spitefulness. Madam Eun was the one who always said she liked Dr. Han and felt a connection to him from the very beginning. She is also the one who wanted him to stop by and see her more and more. Does she think Dr. Han will willingly do this when her "suppose" grandson is causing him issues at work? She wanted to give him a pouch as well will she even continue making it since she is so torn about faker?

All of this is leading to Madam Eun feeling completely like a fool and shocked into unconsciousness (and will need a doctor with a magic drip at her bedside) when she finds out that Dr. Han is her real Grandson and faker is well "A Fake". She supported the imposter over her real grandson she felt a connection too. That is irony for her. When she realizes why Faker did the things he did to Dr. Han what will she say then? Was it ok to do those things when she will then know who Dr. Han really is to her.

Frankly I would love for her to say something not very nice to Dr. Han. It will only hurt her later when she wants to run to him to claim him but he has had a taste of her ugly words to him in support of Faker when she could not even recognize her own blood. Its also one more thing for him to realize he never will want to change his name and come on their family register due to her behavior past and present.

Dr. Han has to realize that what KPD is saying is not born out of delusion from his illness but that the man knows that Dr. Han is not his son. Perhaps his words in that hospital room will finally penetrate to Dr. Han that this man is not that ill to not be of sound mind to tell him they are not related.

Let me just say I am happy NS told MH to tell her mother not to continue coming to the house to bad mouth others. Of course we realize NS is doing this because Madam Sa is telling tales on Seol Hwa and Dr. Han being Seol Hwa is her daughter but its only a matter of time before MH tells her mother to completely butt out of that situation before she causes everything to blow up (not that she will, she will do something that will out she and MH knows wait and see I hope.) and stop trying to get money to restart her money lending business again. And what I really want to see is MH tell her mother to not come to that house or company at all anymore. The hurt for Madam Sa should be big but then she deserves it after the way she looked down on others and the bad things she did and said.

1 hour ago, angelwingssf said:

Ji-sang also likes the camera.  So, is he really a Yoon?  I wish they do a DNA test of everyone around so they can finally know who is blood and who isn't 

And I hope they won't all just leave the results lying around in unsealed envelopes for anybody to come and tamper with!  Gosh, that was frustrating to see, how deftly MH switched things up.

2 hours ago, lclarakl said:

@shebagirl, Dr Han always looks very observant when he's caught the 'crooks' in the act, but then it goes nowhere and he thinks nothing else of it. He heard his father call fake JS by his real name.

The difference between him and MH was clear in that scene.  If it were MH hearing that conversation, she would have her devious mind churning immediately.. She would decide to hide behind a pillar and listen to more of the conversation, to see if there is any more info that would leak out, that she can use for her selfish purposes.  Dr. Han on the other hand only got concerned for whatever the dad was doing, and that JS might ill-treat him; so he just walked in and interrupted the conversation, perhaps only hearing the father calling JS by his name. But now it can just be explained away in some silly way (which I guess will happen at the start of Ep 101), and nothing will ensue.  That is how differently straight people's and devious people's minds work.

Can I hire people to beat the living daylights out of the faker. He's really fallen into a quagmire. I said before that viper is infectious. She's like an incurable, highly infectious disease and a leech who's latched on to faker, feeding his mind with vile. Wow, his fear of being found out and leaving the lap of luxury made his spout vitriol - telling his father not to come back even after he's dead. He's allowing people to dictate his actions. First it was Nan Seol. He was pitiful then and deserve sympathy because he was only 6. But when he got older, he could have made decisions for himself instead of allowing Nan Seol's abuse to continue. Despite his protestations, he's clearly listening to the vile that his wife, MH, feeds him and dictates to him. He's such depressing shadow of a man, a puppet. It's a tall order to even call him a limpet because a limpet has a shell. This faker has no backbone. His greed, fed by his evil wife, is what's making him stand up right now. I can't wait to see him crumble, together with his malignant wife. Hope their marriage has been registered.

Nothing highly significant happened in today's episode. It's been shown that KPD remembered his real son's eyes. He remembered that Yoon Joon Sang is the name of the neighbor's son. It's good that he's gathering more evidence to prove that faker is his real son, which, for all intents and purposes, our main lead, meaning DR. HAN. should be doing, along with SHf, NS, JR.

I believe that the reason he was suddenly so wary of Seok Hoon is because he's realizing that this man who calls him abeoji is not his real son. Through Sae Na, he knows that his past is preventing this good person from getting the foundation's presidency and he does not want to complicate things further for this good person because it will affect his future and he needs to disassociate himself from Dr. Han. Of course, for the sake of extending the story line, Seok Hoon is slow in putting the puzzle pieces together. Maybe another DNA test will do the trick, IF EVER the operation materializes. Hope this time there will be names indicated in the DNA test result. Wonder how the writer was allowed to get away with having no names in those reports, including the sonogram of Doo Na. Names should be indicated, which are SOP requirements. As I said, he/she is very poor at research.

Maybe it will be Choo Ja who will start the ball rolling once again. She brought up the paternity test (which they did not go with Seol Hwa, by the way). This time, maybe she'll be more curious as to why KPD and Han Seok Hoon have no resemblance to each other. Sae Na agrees with her on that. Could she be so bold as to have another DNA test done? She still has misgivings about SHf getting to have an in-law who was an ex-convict.

Observant chingus have noted that Nan Seol barely goes to Westwood. She's suddenly home bound. Maybe the PPL contract's finished, :lol: When will the pen recorder resurface? Will Ji Sang have a bigger role to play in bringing the all or some of the truths to light? He's not present in today's episode.

Towards the end of the episode, KPD was shown smiling when he saw faker walking with JR. Does it mean anything? Did he hear his son say for him not to show his face to faker even after death when he dropped by his hospital room?

5 hours ago, jayakris said:

The difference between him and MH was clear in that scene.  If it were MH hearing that conversation, she would have her devious mind churning immediately.. She would decide to hide behind a pillar and listen to more of the conversation, to see if there is any more info that would leak out, that she can use for her selfish purposes.  Dr. Han on the other hand only got concerned for whatever the dad was doing, and that JS might ill-treat him; so he just walked in and interrupted the conversation, perhaps only hearing the father calling JS by his name. But now it can just be explained away in some silly way (which I guess will happen at the start of Ep 101), and nothing will ensue.  That is how differently straight people's and devious people's minds work.

@jayakris, my thoughts exactly!!:lol:  MH, in this episode alone would have pounce on the following:

1) Fake Dr Han's father out of the blue asking him if his memories of his past very vivid; his memories of his mother. --MH would have wanted to know why he asked that question suddenly

2) Fake father asking suddenly what type of man is JS. Asked him if he knew him before.--MH would be wondering why did he ask such an odd question. Should I have known him.

3) Dr. Han asking fake father if he went to see MH, fake father became very panic and denied seeing him.--MH would want to know why is he so panicky.

4) Dr Han worried and asking everyone if his father called him; only to find his father later in the parking lot with fake JS.--MH would have wondered why he was so determined to meet with fake JS. Why all these questions or actions around JS.

5) Dr Han walks up to fake father as he's clinging to fake JS calling him, "Shin Woo. It's dad." They both look startled when Dr. Han calls out to his father.--First, MH would have stayed silent to listen a little longer to see how this story played out. MH would have definitely thought something was going on at this point.

These were all the clues in this episode, not even looking at the things that happened in the previous episodes. Dr Han as to have some clue that JS coming from the same town as him, he used to play with some boy when he was young, he remembers the incense bag from halmoni, he vividly remembers his mother singing as she made dumplings, he remembers the taste of her mother's dumplings--the same as Papa Geum, he has ton of other clues. If all these clues were a dump truck that ran over Dr Han in the middle of the street, he would be a bloody ink spot by now.

After watching this episode with subs, the fake father is definitely going to figure out that Dr. Han is the real JS. He knows that JS was the name of the boy that used to play with his son. It will be interesting to see what he does knowing the love and care 'real' JS (Dr Han) has shown him.

The preview looks very interesting. It seems the father is going to confess in his agitated state. Can't wait for tomorrow.

If all these clues were a dump truck that ran over Dr Han in the middle of the street, he would be a bloody ink spot by now.

LOL.

After watching this episode with subs, the fake father is definitely going to figure out that Dr. Han is the real JS. He knows that JS was the name of the boy that used to play with his son. It will be interesting to see what he does knowing the love and care JS has shown him.

@nrlfan4ever mentioned the "uncanny" smile on KPD's face when he was watching the faker talking with JR while hiding behind a pillar.

I think the writer is going to tip the plot accordingly. The smile on KPD's face could be purely relief to see his once abused son doing so well now as a chief director in a big organization.

KPD had thought his lost son died in that fire and was surprised he survived and might even think he had been adopted by JR and his family after the fire.

The other scenario could be KPD might feel the need to keep quiet about what he has just found out after overhearing the juicy titbits of information about the paternity test switch and the faker is the real KSW.

KPD who failed to provide his son a good education, a decent life, and ill-treated him when he was young, might think it's "justifiable" to keep the faker in Dr. Han's place although he obviously knows the faker is living the life as an imposter.

KPD might also have the delusion that since Dr. Han is successful as a DOCTOR (not living a life like KPD's), it wouldn't be such a "bad" thing to let the faker continue to act as his substitute. (edited post)

KPD doesn't know it was NS who picked up his son "randomly" after the fire and planted him as the first GS of Madam Eun.

KPD might feel compelled to think the faker should be allowed to continue living the luxurious life he seems to be enjoying because as his father, he can never provide him the chance to live successfully.

Also, KPD might also think the imposter life is a way to compensate for the physical and mental abuses the faker suffered as a young kid.

That could be why KPD apologized to Dr. Han by telling "I'm sorry. I'm very sorry." when Dr. Han told him MH will not be helping him and KPD is in no way a hindrance to his job.

KPD who has led and lived a hard life, was always literally on the run. That could be why his instincts acted when he found out Dr. Han is a complete stranger to him. He looked really scared.

Dr. Han must pick up the obvious like as to why KPD stopped addressing him as SW on the day of his first chemotherapy.

5 hours ago, nrlfan4ever said:

Can I hire people to beat the living daylights out of the faker. He's really fallen into a quagmire. I said before that viper is infectious. She's like an incurable, highly infectious disease and a leech who's latched on to faker, feeding his mind with vile.

:D I am not a violent person and I do not condone violence, but MH might have to report a case of DV if I were the faker! I wouldn't be able to take the viper breathing down my neck 24/7 both at work and at home!!

Dr. Han should have known some of the viper's venom has rubbed off the faker after seeing the viper standing a close distance behind the faker after his poor attempt to sabotage Dr. Han's chances of getting elected as the medical foundation's new president.

It's obvious how unbearably spiteful and picky the faker has become after his marriage to the viper.

Hope their marriage has been registered.

:lol: If the faker continues to be selfish and greedy, I am going to hope MH becomes pregnant with the faker's kid. This way, they will really be bound together forever through their child.

. Maybe another DNA test will do the trick, IF EVER the operation materializes. Hope this time there will be names indicated in the DNA test result. Wonder how the writer was allowed to get away with having no names in those reports, including the sonogram of Doo Na. Names should be indicated, which are SOP requirements. As I said, he/she is very poor at research.

After watching the English subbed version, I have been wondering what Dr. Han meant when he said "A liver transplant? I'll do it."

Does Dr. Han mean (1) he will do the surgery, or (2) he will be a living-donor to KPD's liver transplant (http://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/living-donor-liver-transplant/pdc-20212335) ?

Did KPD reject Dr. Han's offer because he found out that he is not his real son? Or he thinks he doesn't deserve the liver from a complete stranger who treats and thinks of him as his biological father? Or could it be Dr. Han might find out they are not related after a series on tests conducted before the transplant will ultimately point to the paternity test result was switched or "falsified"?

In the cliffhanger scene when Dr. Han caught and overheard KPD calling the faker "SW", he confronted both men to find out why. It's worrying because KPD gave the faker a devious side-eye before collapsing. The faker responded by turning to face his father when KPD waited for him and called him "SW". It's a confirmation to his father he is his son and he thinks he has his reasons to deny their relationship and for living his life as an imposter.

One question about KPD going places on his own. Dr. Han has been purchasing new clothes and shoes for KPD. But we have not seen Dr. Han or SH giving him any money to spend. Where does KPD get the money to use the bus or train to get to PJ Group?

KPD was seen fumbling through his pocket for money (more like small change) to buy chocolates (2 dollars and 20 cents) from a street vendor for his "son".

On a different note, maybe it works and is normal in the writer's fantasy K-dramaland not to have your envelopes sealed, labelled, or even marked confidential.

The staff at the SH Human Lab must very efficient, alert and intelligent because they never make a mistake of delivering the wrong paternity results to their different clients.

They probably rely on their sixth sense to sort out the results and mail or send them to the appropriate clients even though the DNA test carries no names of the applicants and the envelopes containing the results are not labelled.:lol:

I thought NS has stopped going to work after seeing her doing most of the cooking, hanging around the house and ringing papa Geum for a talk.

Maybe terminating SN's contract hurt her company's sales and performance? SN makes a good reporter because she has a problem keeping secrets and can't tell a lie.

BTW, NS isn't the only one who is home bound. Madam Sa is itching to get back to what she is good at doing; that is being a money lender.

Is it bad of me to want her to steal the money DN and MK have set aside for their dumpling shop?:lol:

Madam Sa has been bragging and has difficulty suppressing herself from doing what she does best. She steals the money from his son and new DIL and uses it as her seed money to try and rebuild her loan shark empire from her small basement apartment.

I can't wait for her sneaky and anxious daughter to find out her new hobby when that happens. Also, when Madam Sa does restart her shady business, I hope the news snowballs and gets to the Yoon's and MH.:lol:

MH will disown her own mother and will probably threaten to cut ties with her too.

3 minutes ago, sk0317 said:

After watching the English subbed version, I have been wondering what Dr. Han meant when he said "A liver transplant? I'll do it."

Does Dr. Han mean (1) he will do the surgery, or (2) he will offer to be a living-donor to KPD's liver transplant

@sk0317, I actually think Dr. Han was talking about donating part of his liver (you can live with half a liver because it will regrow).  However, that clip makes me wonder if he slipped in tongue when he told Dr Han he wasn't his real father or is it a know fact at that point. I will say that the Geums looked surprised when he blurted out that information. 

@lclarakl You said it all regarding the clues that were starring at DrHan 's face and he somehow missed it. It was the paternity test that made him decide to discard the little memories of his mother. He thought he was wrong in recalling the lady, since no lady came forward after his advertisement in the paper. Wonder if KPD knew that the lady neighbour died from the fire ...? Remember he was only arrested after the fire, that was when he managed to see his son with a bandaged arm before being taken away. Surprisingly, KPD holds a lot of information regarding the life of both boys in Namwon. If he were to just blurt out what he knew to DrHan or Papa Geum, that would then change DrHan to be suspicious to all the clues he had seen. For now he seems committed to get his dad the chemo treatment. 

By the way, I thought KPD had pancreatic cancer. Now it is mentioned as liver transplant. So it was liver cancer then... not surprising after all the booze he consumed. He did his first chemo the day before he collapsed. Amazing he could still walk about snooping at his son. The adrenaline rush maybe to confirm his suspicion. Normally the chemo is in a series, taken with a few weeks apart. He was already going into the second dose ...... hmmmmm.

1 hour ago, lclarakl said:

2 hours ago, sk0317 said:

Does Dr. Han mean (1) he will do the surgery, or (2) he will offer to be a living-donor to KPD's liver transplant

@sk0317, I actually think Dr. Han was talking about donating part of his liver (you can live with half a liver because it will regrow).

Oh, I just noticed something that missed my attention when I saw the preview earlier.  The Dr. Han line and the KPD line are from two separate scenes.  I thought it was KPD's immediate response.  He was sleeping when Dr. Han said his line.  More importantly, he was saying it to the doctor in charge - "Do it for a liver transplant, right?  I can do it".  That sounds like he is offering liver tissue, possibly.  It seems to be in response to something the doc must have said - perhaps something like "we will need some tissues from a matching donor".  So if he said "I will do it", it is probably about the donation. What KPD says is in a different scene, with the Geums in the room after he was told about it.  "Surgery? No way. Absolutely no. When I'm not even the father, why do that for me?".   When I thought this line was immediately following what Dr. Han said, I thought it was about Dr. Han doing the surgery.  Now that I notice that these were separate scenes, it's more probably about some liver tissue donation.

The writer finds it difficult to remember everything that s/he included to make the tangled mess more tangled that is why there are so many loose ends. There could be some errors in the translation and subbing - as pancreatic cancer is different from liver cancer. Or KPD's cancer has affected other internal organs already. Whatever type of cancer it is (we can again blame the sloppy writing), KPD is portrayed to be very ill and deemed not to last for long. It would be great if he can urge Dr. Han and Seol Hwa to get married before he closes his eyes for good, then that would be a problem solved.

@sk0317 I too, wonder how KPD can go about without money. He's weakened by chemotherapy yet he can walk long distances! I was wondering whether the Geums' home is within walking distance to the hospital, the PJ Group office building and the home of the Yoons. There was a time when Dr. Han drives a car to work and back. Now he and Seol Hwa walks home?!

@lclarakl very well said - all the points you raised are valid. Dr. Han is getting more stupid by the minute, doesn't he?

@Ldy Gmerm - we all know that G'ma Eun's perception about a person can be swayed by malicious rumor and some kind words. Even if she did not like loan shark mom, she somehow believed her when Mrs. Sa badmouthed Papa Geum and Mama Geum. She wanted to meet Seol Hwa and seemed to like her then she changed her attitude towards her then liked her again. She feels a special attachment to Dr. Han and it seems she'll change her mind and be cold towards him because he thinks that the good doctor is causing the faker distress, especially after hearing that JR likes how the doctor conducts himself at work. Seok Hoon is professional through and through while the faker does things underhandedly. As I said before, setting aside everything, what makes a cook (faker) question the medical knowledge of a doctor (Seok Hoon) when it comes to running a medical foundation. 

Sigh drama, you continue to disappoint us. You do not have that many episodes left to reveal all the secrets and bring retribution to the perpetrators.

I somehow feels that DrHan will be the one to find out about his real name. After faker spoke to his father about not ' come back even after you die' , those words might change his mind and not allow faker to take the real Joon Sang station in life. He saw that his son was living a good and reputable life as a Yoon. He didn't want to spoil that status for Shin Woo, but his mean words at the hospital bed could be the change of heart for KPD. All he need to do is to whisper to DrHan that he was the real Joon Sang, son of the neighbour lady. His memories of her were true. That would make DrHan put his analytical mind in motion, and realised that he was duped by both faker and Min Hee. 

True to his form he will keep it close to his heart and watched faker behaviour, only making it known when the time is ripe. (I prefer this route rather than giving the horrid MH and faker to do all the nasties to him and Seolhwa, that will just make us cringe at their despicable tactics.). Cannot take in anymore dirty ploys by both of them, MH and faker ..... not good for my heart.... 

@Ldy Gmerm

Dr. Han was saved, taken in, most probably baptized and renamed "Han Seok Hoon, Daniel" before his adoption and then subsequent move to the US.

Do you know where are his adoptive parents and are they Korean-Americans? His adoptive parents could have chosen to rename him following the legalization of his adoption. It looks like they didn't.

Dr. Han speaks Korean fluently and writes Hangul well. I find it puzzling Dr. Han hasn't mentioned his adoptive parents in his conversations with his "family" or people he meets in SK.

Only recently, he opened up publicly for the first time in front of JR, the faker and the board of directors, on how he was looked down, bullied, and had to go on hunger pangs while growing up as an adoptee in the States.

On a different topic, the faker who is portrayed as an excellent cook presumably with a heightened sense of taste, has no recollection of the dumplings he ate at papa Geum's. The faker only commented how good they were but they didn't trigger him to remember having tasted similar dumplings at JJ's.

Back to the faker at the meeting to vote for a president for the medical foundation. I love and agree with @nrlfan4ever and your argument that the faker has no idea what a charity is. He was the one to put up the defensive explanation that you need an impartial businessman who should also be cold enough to make decisions.

What exactly did he mean by that? Hypothetically, the medical foundation has to either pull a plug on a terminally ill patient over treatment to pay for another who is deemed more worth saving? Who is he, a non-professional in the medical field, to make such an important and ethical decision?

If Dr. Han leaves the medical foundation he solely set up, I doubt the faker will be able to attract enough doctors to help him run the free clinic. What will he do then after acquiring a bigger plot of land to run free clinics with insufficient doctors or experienced doctors?

As Dr. Han has clearly stated, the foundation doesn't need a bigger space as the free clinic he proposed is located away from the CBD areas but is still easily accessible. The free clinic is only a place to conduct a diagnostic interview with a potential patient.

The potential patient will be referred to Daehan Hospital etc should he or she require further tests, examination or treatment.

@nrlfan4ever

KPD is used to walking as he had spent a period of time living on the rough. The pathetic state of his pair of shoes when he was found was telling. Most homeless people spend a large amount of their time on the move. So their shoes are the first thing that will wear out before their clothes.

He might have woken up very early and skipped breakfast to walk all the way to the company, a day after his first chemo.

I remember SH and Dr. Han were running to what appeared to be a subway station for her presentation for her second interview at PJ Channel. The faker then gave her a ride after witnessing how Dr. Han encouraged and gave her a pep talk before her big presentation.

@Ldy Gmerm

Madam Eun comforted the faker saying his present state reminded her of the day and time he first arrived at the Yoon's household. He looked afraid, anxious back then and Madam Eun had to hold him in her arms to help him fall asleep.

Madam Eun was concerned about what is making him angry and concerned now. Well, the reappearance of his real father, the truth that the real JS is alive and kicking and is working with him in the same company, Halmoni.

At least Madam Eun said "...no matter what happens, be generous." after concluding Dr. Han and the faker seem to be having a lot of conflicts at work lately.

I wonder if the faker sleeps on the couch in that study every night now that he has stopped spending his nights at his studio apartment cum test kitchen.

7 hours ago, nrlfan4ever said:

we all know that G'ma Eun's perception about a person can be swayed by malicious rumor and some kind words

Madam Eun was probably tricked into believing things have finally started to go well with his marriage since she saw MH and the faker coming home together.

The faker still has conflicting feelings toward KPD. He stepped in when he saw MH pushing him away while trying to break free from his arm hold.

He could have thought he is the only one who is allowed to be mean and "rough" with KPD since he is his father and had tortured him when he was a kid. MH's attitude and treatment of KPD seems to tick him off in some way.

Someone on another forum fears the faker might resort to suffocating KPD with a pillow or turning off a switch to an apparatus to kill him in today's episode.

I think KPD would probably be wide awake when the faker attempts to do either and we viewers will be left hanging for more with another "to be continued" cliffhanger scene.

I am glad Ji Sang witnessed how stiff, lost and startled the faker was when he saw KPD collapsed in front of him. Apart from his fragile condition, KPD probably passed out from the shock of hearing the faker tell him never to come by the company again.

The faker is torn and confused. He reacted angrily and couldn't believe what MH said when she told him not to worry about KPD as he is Dr. Han's "father", and not his dad (starts at 1:32).

The faker hates what his birth father did to him when he was a child on one hand. On the other hand, he is concerned about him. He later went to the hospital and asked SH about KPD's condition and looked worried when SH told him he needed surgery.

The faker is so used to NS mind controlling him. He was drifting away from his usual demeanor but drifted back (starts at 1:38) after MH dropped subliminal messages to put him back on track as Dr. Han's imposter.

Credit: MBC

Source: MBC

Powerful scene filled with lots of emotions showing the faker confronting KPD.

@sk0317 but where is Dr. Han's company-provided car? It's just like Ji Sang, it appears and disappears. It is common in kdrama to show people running from wherever they are to their home or to the hospital when there is an emergency but will take a bus or taxi during normal times.

I believe Dr. Han said that he was given a name by the priest who found him after the fire. He's from the church were SHm and viper were supposed to be married. He did say he was brought to the U.S. by his adoptive parents, presumably Koreans or American-Koreans. He studied there and he met viper in a hospital there. He came back to Korea to look for his biological parents, contrary to what viper claims - that he came to SK to marry her. That is why he was in Namwon on his arrival in the country while viper was waiting at the airport.

It's prevalent in Kdramas - someone studied or live in the U.S. or another English-speaking country for a long time, but cannot speak a full sentence in English. They do not even write in English...viewers just tend to overlook that part, hahaha. There was a scene in the drama She Was Pretty where the male lead character recalled that he was bullied when he was in the U.S. He was not an adoptee but was taken there by his father due to work. They were not destitute either as his father was an engineer or something. He also had to go through some beatings, food snatching and whatever just because he was Asian and was not able to speak English when he first arrived. So we can assume that Dr. Han suffered more because he was an adoptee. We can only assume that they were well-off as they were able to send Seok Hoon to medical school.

Faker has a misplaced understanding about the medical foundation. It is not a business organization but a charitable institution. JR knew of the re-appropriation of the budget for the clinic and the land but did not take faker to task about it. Rather he was discussing the SHm's plan to look for funds elsewhere, saying that he won't be able to convince the board to have him as president. I admire Dr. Han's reply then. He said it was not his goal to be president but rather to provide the best care possible to indigents who need medical assistance through the foundation.

Should SHm decide to leave the foundation now, I do not think it will go beyond the launch stage. There is a huge difference between a person who got to where he is because of his qualifications and someone who only got the position because he happens to be related to the owner. PJ Group seems to be a multi-industry company. JR could have made faker president or whatever of one of its divisions or subsidiary because faker is simply not ready for a more demanding executive position because he lack the experience and knowledge. JR gave him too much too soon. He was in R&D for the food (pizza) brand. He should have stayed there and promoted to a higher post.

JR is partly to blame because he was impatient to have the faker work for the company. He actually does not have any knowledge of his management skills because faker always declined any position he offered before. He did not even know that he was a blogging cook. I guess it's all to repay the injustices they did to Jin Joo. JJ should not only appear in Grandma Eun's dream but also in JR's.

It's all about appearances for the Yoons. They need to protect how they appear in public and in their social circle. They must protect their dirty laundry at all costs. That is why it will be a huge whammy for them when all the truths are revealed. How will they handle it. I think the writers will be dealing them a 1-2-3 punch starting from episode 115. They will then rush the punishments that the perpetrators deserve that will leave the viewers shaking their heads. I'm past hoping for something exceptional in the story telling of this drama. This is only the second daily drama that I watched. The first one incidentally also starred our dear doctor. He was still Jin Yi Han then, when he was the lead in "A Good Day for the Wind to Blow." Whoa, that was way back in 2010.

Someone said it will be great if faker and wife will have a baby. I don't think that will happen since they haven't slept together since day 1. i do not think that it is a priority with viper as well because she thinks she can sink her teeth into the Yoon fortune using her wits. For her, the less attachments, the better because it will be faster to walk away that way. She believes she can siphon off the Yoon's money and then disappear.

In Monday's episode, I'm expecting Dr Han, the brilliant doctor, to put two and two together and realize that since fake father isn't his father then he must be fake JS' father who he called by his real name in the parking garage. If the writer doesn't have him coming to that conclusion then he is meant to be a dense "doctor".  Min Hee is heartless and needs to face failure now in hopes of making her a better person.

Oooooh .... that good for nothing son of KPD. He had the cheek to remind his father that he wants to live as a Yoon. So when DrHan found out in the preview, I suppose, KPD didn't want to reveal that Joon Sang is the son of the neighbour lady, for fear of jeopardising his son his son life. Ooooo... for all the kindness bestowed on him by DrHan, KPD still was not man enough to play a fair game.  

Now I wonder whose liver is used for his operation, as seen in the preview ..? The nerve of MH to add more threats to an already confused and broken old man. She deserved the worst punishment in a kdrama .... usually only a banishment ...!!! How can greed for status and money makes a son forgets about forgiveness and humility. It is so sad that someone who earlier on was nice and reserve turned into a horrid and mindless character. Yes, MH made a devil of him...!

Archived