[Drama 2016-2017] Golden Pouch 황금주머니, Mon-Frid 20:55. Thanks for all your support!

0ly40

@shebagirl I saw the raw and the preview. Like you I'm wondering who the liver donor was. Or maybe they did not operate on the liver but did a general operation to somehow extend his life by removing some of the cancer cells. I also think that KPD is so remorseful that he is willing to allow his son to live his life as Yoon Joon Sang. Dr. Han was very calm at first when he questioned KPD but released some of his pent-up emotions as well. But I guess he'll keep mum about his real son. After Dr. Han calms down, I do hope that he'll be able to put the pieces together - that KPD was not delusional due to the chemotherapy but was telling the truth.He's not Seok Hoon's father and he's not Shi Woo and that the real Shi Woo is right there, living as Joon Sang. Hope his clouded mind will be clearer and he'll realize that his memories of his mom, her mandu and her singing that particular song are true and real. Also hope that he'll recall that he was ''friend" with a neighbor's son, who was always left at their place by his drunkard father and that must be Shi Woo aka Joon Sang. Jjebal writer, let's have some closure on some of the issues.

Because even if Seok Hoon realizes that he's actually Yoon Joon Sang, there will still be a long way to go. He cannot just confront the Yoons and present himself. For one thing the Yoons are not looking for their firstborn since they've believe that they've found him already when he was six. So they've had him (faker) for more than 20 years. He might even go through a resentment phase, questioning why the Yoons accepted the boy without checking his paternity. Will he then decide to leave the company?

He knows that Nan Seol is Seol Hwa's biological mother and she's married to JR, who is technically his father. He still has to recall that his mother was named Jin Joo. Maybe he'll learn that when he discusses things with Papa Geum. Then Papa Geum will have to discover the truth about Jin Joo, her life, her death and her association with the Yoons and Mo Nan Seol.

There will be many phases before Han Seok Hoon will be acknowledged as Yoon Joon Sang. That is if he wants that to even happen after he gets to know the full story. There's the story of Seol Hwa as well as her heart disease and the issue of her birth...paging Papa Geum. Loan shark mom and her hit-and-run case that caused Dr. Han to lose part of his memory, loss of use of his right hand for surgery and his medical profession as well as his entire savings. Viper does not know yet that her slimy mom was the one that caused the accident. Will Mr. Kim be a material witness to crimes of the mother-daughter tandem? The reveal of the malpractice case thrown at Dr. Han because of loan shark mom and MK to the Yoons. The reveal of how viper used coercion and black mail to be part of the Yoon family or rather the moolah of the Yoons. The major issue is the 20+ year-old tangled web orchestrated by Nan Seol so she can have a good and comfortable (read rich life) and Shi Woo's (I'll call the faker by this name now) submissive role as a child and willing participation as an adult. Of course the punishment for each of the minions of evil.

Writers will definitely be dragging the story to the end.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, nrlfan4ever said:

@sk0317 but where is Dr. Han's company-provided car? It's just like Ji Sang, it appears and disappears. It is common in kdrama to show people running from wherever they are to their home or to the hospital when there is an emergency but will take a bus or taxi during normal times.

It conveniently disappeared now that the ground work for the foundation has been laid.:lol:

Unlike most k-dramas where an occupant's car is almost always parked in front of the car owner's house or shop, there is no sight of the company-provided car anywhere near the Geum's or papa Geum's shop.

I find it amusing how piggybacking or driving a person in need of medical help (even when a pregnant woman is involved) is by far a better option than calling for an ambulance.  Is the writer taking a dig at the slow and poor response from the medical institutions in SK? Or is this the norm in RL?

It doesn't make much sense to me here. Fortunately, our faithful Dr. Han shouted at the immobilized faker to ring an ambulance when KPD suddenly lost consciousness and fainted at the parking lot.

Thank you for your explanation on Dr. Han's situation and position as an adoptee.

Faker has a misplaced understanding about the medical foundation. It is not a business organization but a charitable institution. JR knew of the re-appropriation of the budget for the clinic and the land but did not take faker to task about it. Rather he was discussing the SHm's plan to look for funds elsewhere, saying that he won't be able to convince the board to have him as president. I admire Dr. Han's reply then. He said it was not his goal to be president but rather to provide the best care possible to indigents who need medical assistance through the foundation.

I love his reply too. The faker was obsessed with trying his best to prevent Dr. Han from taking the president post. It also reaffirms JR's appraisal of Dr. Han's excellent work ethnics.

Should SHm decide to leave the foundation now, I do not think it will go beyond the launch stage. There is a huge difference between a person who got to where he is because of his qualifications and someone who only got the position because he happens to be related to the owner. PJ Group seems to be a multi-industry company. JR could have made faker president or whatever of one of its divisions or subsidiary because faker is simply not ready for a more demanding executive position because he lack the experience and knowledge. JR gave him too much too soon. He was in R&D for the food (pizza) brand. He should have stayed there and promoted to a higher post.

JR is partly to blame because he was impatient to have the faker work for the company. He actually does not have any knowledge of his management skills because faker always declined any position he offered before. He did not even know that he was a blogging cook. I guess it's all to repay the injustices they did to Jin Joo. JJ should not only appear in Grandma Eun's dream but also in JR's.

As much as I don't like NS, she is right on two occasions when she opinionated it was too soon to promote the faker to Chief Director.

She was also right to say the president post in the medical foundation should be taken by a professional in that field, meaning Dr. Han rather than the faker.

Got to love how NS call MH out when MH tried to defend and support the faker. MH commented how NS is biased and seems to want Dr. Han over his own "stepson" as the new president. NS is pretty certain there is more behind the faker's sudden interest in company affairs and quest for power.

JR had wanted to give the faker more responsibilities after his broken engagement. The faker started slacking at work and JR told the faker he should learn not to run away each time something goes wrong.

That was why JR thought putting some pressure and making the faker take up more work load will help him stay focused again.

1 hour ago, shebagirl said:

Now I wonder whose liver is used for his operation, as seen in the preview ..? The nerve of MH to add more threats to an already confused and broken old man. She deserved the worst punishment in a kdrama .... usually only a banishment ...!!! How can greed for status and money makes a son forgets about forgiveness and humility. It is so sad that someone who earlier on was nice and reserve turned into a horrid and mindless character. Yes, MH made a devil of him...!

I'm curious too...Dr. Han was seen performing the operation so it couldn't be him.

MH has no shame, no morals and no conscience. She will not stop at intimidating a sick man at his death bed because she is selfish and only wants to protect her lifeline and meal ticket. She would even go as far as killing KPD if she has to in order to keep the lie.

MH thought she had hatched the perfect plan by swapping the paternity test results. She proceeded to visit KPD to warn him not to upset and expose her scheme.

Little had she anticipated KPD would have needed an emergency surgery for his worsening condition and a compatibility test was conducted which ultimately exposed the faker's secrets.

In the preview, was that faker watching his father being operated. He had on the hospital gown and the surgical mask on ...? Did he finally act as a son and donated his liver to KPD...? So when DrHan looked up at the man in while hospital gown, the guy was fake JS. Did he come to his senses at long last ...? If so, then the next step is for him to reveal who DrHan real father is. Then I foresee the marriage will not take place, when NS finds out too. Seolhwa will not understand the sudden disapproval from Papa Geum, and will give her some heart issues. As for Papa Geum, he too will face the wrath from Mama Geum for lying about Seolhwa. Oh yes, all these will take the 19 episodes. So both households will be in topsy turvy with new informations flying in weekly. NS will have her day too.

All these can only happen when fake JS decides to go for bloodline. Am really hoping that is the path he chose after venting his anger and frustrations at his father. Let's see if my prediction is true ....

30 minutes ago, sk0317 said:

I'm curious too...Dr. Han was seen performing the operation so it couldn't be him.

I don't think the guy shown looking at the patient in the operating room is DrHan. I hear fake voice. DrHan was informed that his father was going for the emergency op ..?? 

31 minutes ago, sk0317 said:

I find it amusing how piggybacking or driving a person in need of medical help (even when a pregnant woman is involved) is by far a better option than calling for an ambulance.  Is the writer taking a dig at the slow and poor response from the medical institutions in SK? Or is this the norm in RL?

It doesn't make much sense to me here. Fortunately, our faithful Dr. Han shouted at the immobilized faker to ring an ambulance when KPD suddenly lost consciousness and fainted at the parking lot.

Yes, Dr. Han shouted at Shi Woo but he became a statue. In the end it was still Dr. Han who called for an ambulance. I read somewhere that Koreans usually do not want to get involved unless someone specifically addresses a person in the crowd to call the police, an ambulance or firemen. But they are quick to get out their smart phones to take photos and videos and upload them. LOL.

36 minutes ago, sk0317 said:

Thank you for your explanation on Dr. Han's situation and position as an adoptee.

You're welcome. :)

38 minutes ago, sk0317 said:

JR had wanted to give the faker more responsibilities after his broken engagement. The faker started slacking at work and JR told the faker he should learn not to run away each time something goes wrong.

That was why JR thought putting some pressure and making the faker take up more work load will help him stay focused again.

I think that it was a wrong move from JR. If he noticed that we was slacking away every time something went wrong, he should have removed him from that position. A demotion is called for or at least a warning. That's what happens in RL. Putting more pressure on a person who's already displayed that he lacks managerial skills and do not know how to handle set backs as well as bringing his personal issues into the office does not deserve a new and higher position and additional work load. Faker did not have corporate skills and experience and JR added more burden to an already-burdened person. Faker did not have the analytical, objective and determined mind of Dr. Han. He also did not have Dr. Han's ability to concentrate and focus on work-related issues despite having personal problems, so he was able to ease into his position without problems.

Viper does not have any redeeming qualities. Hope she rots in a filthy place. She's trash. She's worst than her slimy mom, but they are the same in having stiff faces and in the delivery of their lines - staccato - as only her lips move.

What kind of a surgeon is Dr. Han? Is he a general surgeon?

Did faker donate blood?

What kind of a surgeon is Dr. Han? Is he a general surgeon?

If my memory does not fail me, DrHan is a heart surgeon. And no way he can perform the op for KPD, since he has not practice since he left Daehan Hospital after being accused of malpractices. 

4 hours ago, shebagirl said:

Oooooh .... that good for nothing son of KPD. He had the cheek to remind his father that he wants to live as a Yoon. So when DrHan found out in the preview, I suppose, KPD didn't want to reveal that Joon Sang is the son of the neighbour lady, for fear of jeopardising his son his son life. Ooooo... for all the kindness bestowed on him by DrHan, KPD still was not man enough to play a fair game.  

Now I wonder whose liver is used for his operation, as seen in the preview ..? The nerve of MH to add more threats to an already confused and broken old man. She deserved the worst punishment in a kdrama .... usually only a banishment ...!!! How can greed for status and money makes a son forgets about forgiveness and humility. It is so sad that someone who earlier on was nice and reserve turned into a horrid and mindless character. Yes, MH made a devil of him...!

The worse thing about fake JS at this moment is him telling his father how he wronged him. He doesn't seem to have any compassion towards the man he is wronging, Dr. Han. He, alone with that lying and conniving MH, have truly taken steps to hide Dr Han's real identity; trying to take his rightful place. He pretended at first that the reason he didn't expose NS was SeolHwa's mother was to protect the 'family'; he didn't want them to be hurt. Actually, it's for his own selfish desire. If he truly cared for the family as much as he said, he would want them to know that their real son is alive. Instead he's working with someone whose sole intent is to make sure she's the wife of the next chairman.

Fake JS is making me so disappointed in him. I felt sorry for him when he said he's been walking on egg shells his whole life--that breaks my heart for anyone, but it doesn't justify what he's doing to Dr. Han.

One last thought. I was looking at the preview and I couldn't help asking why can't Dr. Han get a clue. He finds out that the paternity/DNA test is not the right one. He sees the real one that shows they are not a match. Common sense would beg to ask, how did he get the wrong one? Better yet, whose DNA was a match with fake father? Then using his brilliant mind he would think back to finding MH in his office holding his paternity test. MH who is also married to fake JS. Fake JS who seems to have some tie with his fake father.   I think it's a little disappointing how NS has lost a lot of her scheming nature..

So what I get from episode 101 due to a twist of fate (really got to love fate!) KPD needs an emergency operation for his kidney's Dr. Han being the compassionate and great son he is decides to test to see if he is a match to donate part of his kidney much to the concern of  his 2nd adoptive parents the Geum's.  His doctor friend tries to handle the situation delicately by asking are you sure you are his son/he is your father?  Which in turn makes Dr. Han wonder why he is asking such a thing. Dr. Han looks at the genetic test results and he is not a match because he is not the man's son shocking him.

Que to the preview.. Dr. Han being the smart cookie he is (and the thrill of finding roots has worn off ) with what he has just found out goes to the DNA testing company he sent in his samples to perhaps verify if what he saw at the hospital is true.(He could have just gone to the hospital testing lab that they did the test at to see if he was a match to his father for the operation.) The preview shows him asking a tech if those are his results which of course will match what was done at the hospital contradicting the ones he received at his desk. We see Dr. Han confronting KPD asking him Who are you? and WHY!!!!! did he lie to him? We know that Dr. Han has a big problem with people lying to him due to his memory loss so he has a right to be very angry.

I am sure the reason why Dr. Han brushed aside MH's in his office on his desk (rumbling through his personal sealed envelope) looking at his test results, KPD with Faker calling him Shin Woo, and KPD's outburst in his hospital room saying he is not his son (or he is not his father) because he was concerned for the man's well being as KPD is in pretty bad shape and he would never think the man would lie to him about the father/son connection or that the test results may have been switched and that there are others trying to keep him from finding out the truth.

But with this revelation (thank goodness for FATE!!) he now has to go back and re-examine everything he knows and his memories from his childhood to get at the truth. I am not sure if KPD will do the right thing before he dies (I hope he tells Dr. Han the truth that faker is living in his place) but we just do not know. KPD has a lot of guilt towards Shin Woo unfortunately an innocent person has lost out on all the love and support that faker took because of his abusive background.

Some asked about why he did not leave when he got of age (My question as well)  and he told KPD this, after the way he was abused by KPD why would he not accept the love, support and warmth of those people even if he was living a lie after all he went through.  That is the very reason he did not leave when he got of age. He tried hard to be Yoon Jung Sang and lived on Egg shells. He may have lived on egg shells but he enjoyed the feeling of family even when he knows it was not his own and based on a lie. I guess it is ok to deceive those people because even though the love he received was given thinking he was another it was still more than he started out with. Now saying this I think this is the same thing when he was young and JS (dr. han) called him out as a child at wanting to have his mother when JJ was kind enough to tell him he could come over whenever he wanted. I think if Shin Woo could have he would have tried to do all he could to be able to stay close to JJ and have her as his mother. It would be in his nature after his home life to want to grasp something warm and loving but I can also see him trying to push out her son as well. Just like now when he knows how Dr. Han's life was without his roots he thinks the life he led in the real JS's place was worse and the abuse he suffered from with KPD makes up for stealing another persons place and does not want to give it up.

But as usual blood will tell. Now that Dr. Han will realize he is not related. Who will he start to look at? The conversation he saw in the parking garage and the name KPD called faker should hit his brain soon. Just like MH at his desk should as well. Will he just assume faker is KPD's son and living a lie as someone else or will he get that faker is KPD's son living Dr. Han's real life? Perhaps KPD will do the right thing and tell him about JJ when she lived next door to him and tell him that she is his mother giving him a name which he will hopefully mention to Papa Geum and then we finally get the connections come.  I hope so because KPD can never seek forgiveness for the things he did if he leaves Dr. Han without confessing what he knows. He should not even dare to try to ask him to let Faker continue living that man's real life either.

But I like the thought that Dr. Han will figure out and verify what he knows. Once that happens I see him holding back that he knows the truth as well. Especially giving them issues with NS being Seol Hwa's bio mother and what that will do if it is found out by the Yoon's. I can see him spending time with JR at the office longing to tell him he is his real son and Madam Eun at the house but not doing so given what he knows about fakers past and to not hurt them and cause Madam Eun to collapse from the shock.

But faker and MH are going to do something that will end up with the truth coming out. Since MH cares nothing about roots (well she did when she thought Dr. han was a nobody, but doesn't now because she is not part of his windfall finding his rich family.) or blood given how she talked to KPD in his hospital room she will do something to convince Faker to go a little farther in his trouble making with that foundation and company until things blow up.

10 hours ago, shebagirl said:

How can greed for status and money makes a son forgets about forgiveness and humility.

I wrote the above earlier, but I stand to correct the phrase. After his confession that he did not want to lose his family and happiness that he wants to remain a Yoon, and just cannot forgive his dad KPD for the ill treatments that he had to endure as a young boy, I can meet him halfway on his reluctance to reveal his life as a fraud. He never had love, just physical abuse as a child and that left him with traumatic psychological impact. But the care and love given to him by granny the last 28 years should have at least make him feel blessed  and grateful that he was brought up in comfort despite his lies. Now it is payback time for him to put back the real son DrHan back to his family folds.  No doubt I feel his childhood left him with a big scar, but 28 years is enough to mend a painful memory. He will never forget of course the abuses, but he can be big hearted enough to forgive ... a dying father at that.  He should just think of spending the remainder days of KPD life with him and make new happy memories. His only bloodline ....

3 hours ago, shebagirl said:

I wrote the above earlier, but I stand to correct the phrase. After his confession that he did not want to lose his family and happiness that he wants to remain a Yoon, and just cannot forgive his dad KPD for the ill treatments that he had to endure as a young boy, I can meet him halfway on his reluctance to reveal his life as a fraud. He never had love, just physical abuse as a child and that left him with traumatic psychological impact. But the care and love given to him by granny the last 28 years should have at least make him feel blessed  and grateful that he was brought up in comfort despite his lies. Now it is payback time for him to put back the real son DrHan back to his family folds.  No doubt I feel his childhood left him with a big scar, but 28 years is enough to mend a painful memory. He will never forget of course the abuses, but he can be big hearted enough to forgive ... a dying father at that.  He should just think of spending the remainder days of KPD life with him and make new happy memories. His only bloodline ....

I agree with shebagirl and am also hoping the fake JS will forgive his father and make new happy memories.  He is no where near as bad as MH, who only looks out for herself and never feels sorry or regret for anything she does.  At least fake JS cried after talking to his father.  He does have empathy, and I think he is just scared of what will happen to him if everyone finds out he is KSW.  He doesn't want to be that abused little boy anymore.  He seems to be stuck as a little boy who was abused and feels guilty for receiving love that was not truly his to receive.  He has been afraid his whole life and the only time he felt good was with Seolwha.  He felt like he could breathe with her and it wouldnt matter if he lost everything he would have been happy just being with her.  I love Dr. Han, but I would also love to see a happy ending for KSW too.

2 hours ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

I am sure the reason why Dr. Han brushed aside MH's in his office on his desk looking at his test results, KPD with Faker calling him Shin Woo, and KPD's outburst in his hospital room saying he is not his son (or he is not his father) because he is concerned for the man's well being as KPD is in a pretty bad state and he would never think the man would lie or that the test results were switched and now there are others trying to keep him from finding out the truth.

In the subbed copy I've seen, it appears that there was a problem with fake father's liver. Which would make sense because he can live with dialysis treatments for a while until a donor is found; not so with the liver.

If Dr Han truly believed this man was his father, I could somewhat understand him being hesitant. However, Dr Han feels very disconnected with his "father" because he remembers absolutely nothing about him. He only remembers a mother, the fire, and the taste of her dumplings. As a doctor who had to study a number of fields as a part of his medical degree and certification, he should have known there's more to those memories, but he's not interested. That's what I find very ironic and contradictory about his complacency.  Doctors are curious people who look for clues and tries to put them together to make a diagnoses.....he has absolutely none of the curiosity he had before. Just fake JS standing there looking scared and couldn't dial for help is a clue--even his brother noticed it.

I just think there are way too many clues, way too many for him not to be able to put the pieces together. There is a saying that hindsight is 20/20. At this point, Dr. Han can look back on everything that has happened with MH, JS and his father and a common theme should come up. Even his father asking him about the burn on his arm. He doesn't have one, but JS has a burn that he's seen. 

The wrier just makes  Dr. Han seems extremely dense while others like MH, fake JS and even fake father catches on very quickly.

Shin Woo said he does not want to lose his family and his happiness. If what he is feeling right now is his version of happiness, I wonder how he'll look when he is happier. He never gets to smile or bond with his family. You can see the contrast. JR always complain that he does not understand faker even if he's his son. He tells him what to do, he reprimands him because he does not act like a Yoon. NS was abusive but he received what can be called "clinical" love from JR because he and JR never really bonded as father-son, which is almost the same between JR and Ji Sang. However, he received plenty of unsolicited love from Grandma Geum, which should have taught him manners and compassion.

Seok Hoon on the other hand discusses personal and family matters with Papa Geum man-to-man and father-to-son. Papa Geum is always encouraging, supportive and gives wise advice. He also lets SHm decide and they do come to agreements and even act in unison if they want to spare family members from unnecessary stress. So we can see that having money and living a luxurious life does not equate to having a happy and harmonious family life. Seok Hoon knows that Papa Geum and he are strangers, yet they immediately formed a bond. We can only assume that Seok Hoon was also used to a comfortable life while growing up, despite being an adoptee. Yes, he did not suffer abusive treatment from a parent, but he went through almost the same thing while growing up in a foreign country. Choo Ja, despite her brashness at times, is also a kind and warm-hearted person. Papa and Mama Geum's traits were passed on to their children, even to bratty Sae Na.

While the environment has an effect on a person's outward character, the inherent genetic traits from parents reside deep in the emotional make-up of children. That is why Seok Hoon remains a kind person, since Jin Joo and JR are good persons. You can see the characteristics of KPD in faker, no matter how hard faker denies it.

38 minutes ago, Pam_Van Fossen said:
3 hours ago, shebagirl said:

I agree with shebagirl and am also hoping the fake JS will forgive his father and make new happy memories.  He is no where near as bad as MH, who only looks out for herself and never feels sorry or regret for anything she does.  At least fake JS cried after talking to his father.  He does have empathy, and I think he is just scared of what will happen to him if everyone finds out he is KSW.  He doesn't want to be that abused little boy anymore.  He seems to be stuck as a little boy who was abused and feels guilty for receiving love that was not truly his to receive.  He has been afraid his whole life and the only time he felt good was with Seolwha.  He felt like he could breathe with her and it wouldnt matter if he lost everything he would have been happy just being with her.  I love Dr. Han, but I would also love to see a happy ending for KSW too.

@Pam_Van Fossen and @shebagirl, I have been a big advocate for fake JS from the very beginning because I could understand how an abused child wanted to escape an awful life. I also could understand why he didn't want to confess as an adult; especially if the real JS is dead. I also admired the fact that he didn't have any greed to take over the company as the first son. Nor did he try to take the family wealth--he tried to make his own way as a food blogger. What I take exception with now is not JS wanting to cling to the only family he's known for over 20 years, it's the fact that he's purposely trying to sabotage the real JS, Dr. Han; trying to diminish him in the eyes of others while trying to steal what rightfully belongs to him. He's purposely giving Dr Han a hard time because he wants to hold on to what doesn't belong to him; doesn't want him to be successful.  He's not even willing to share. His younger "brother" has as much right to the company, but he stepped back from the company and wouldn't even join the company because he didn't want fake JS to feel uncomfortable. His 'brother' also harbors no resentment towards Dr Han for possibly becoming president.

I believe that JS is capable of sympathy, but I'm waiting to see if he's capable of empathy.  Empathy would make him truly sympathize with Dr. Han, understand what Dr Han must be feeling. I've noticed for many episodes that fake JS has not once wondered how Dr Han must feel not being with his 'real' family.  When he was given a glimpse of Dr Han's tribulations as a child, it didn't sway him at all and there is no guilt being shown by him. Instead he tried to talk about his "father" and how Dr. Han wasn't fit to be president. 

If JS was truly grateful for what the Yoon family has given him, he would want to pay them back in some way. For the most part he had distance himself from this family as he grew up (even moved out the house). He's a grown capable man that now needs to stop being selfish and interfering in the life of others.

I agree with you both that I want fake JS to have a happy ending......and not with MH who needs to be brought low. I thought it was horrible, but something I had speculated many pages ago, that he has lived his life for years walking on egg shells; fearful that he will be found out. He needs to finally take a stand for what is right.

29 minutes ago, lclarakl said:

In the subbed copy I've seen, it appears that there was a problem with fake father's liver. Which would make sense because he can live with dialysis treatments for a while until a donor is found; not so with the liver.

I haven't seen the subs, but yes, it was indeed liver. They were always talking about 간암 ( liver cancer) so far, but in today's episode Dr. Han used a couple more medical terms with the doctor-in-charge, which had me checking the dictionary.  간성혼수 - hepatic (liver-related) coma/delirium, and 간경화 - hepatocirrhosis (hardening of liver).  I guess he took KPD calling Faker by his name to be due to some sort of delirium.

9 hours ago, nrlfan4ever said:

Shin Woo said he does not want to lose his family and his happiness. If what he is feeling right now is his version of happiness, I wonder how he'll look when he is happier. He never gets to smile or bond with his family. You can see the contrast. JR always complain that he does not understand faker even if he's his son. He tells him what to do, he reprimands him because he does not act like a Yoon. NS was abusive but he received what can be called "clinical" love from JR because he and JR never really bonded as father-son, which is almost the same between JR and Ji Sang. However, he received plenty of unsolicited love from Grandma Geum, which should have taught him manners and compassion.

Seok Hoon on the other hand discusses personal and family matters with Papa Geum man-to-man and father-to-son. Papa Geum is always encouraging, supportive and gives wise advice. He also lets SHm decide and they do come to agreements and even act in unison if they want to spare family members from unnecessary stress. So we can see that having money and living a luxurious life does not equate to having a happy and harmonious family life. Seok Hoon knows that Papa Geum and he are strangers, yet they immediately formed a bond. We can only assume that Seok Hoon was also used to a comfortable life while growing up, despite being an adoptee. Yes, he did not suffer abusive treatment from a parent, but he went through almost the same thing while growing up in a foreign country. Choo Ja, despite her brashness at times, is also a kind and warm-hearted person. Papa and Mama Geum's traits were passed on to their children, even to bratty Sae Na.

While the environment has an effect on a person's outward character, the inherent genetic traits from parents reside deep in the emotional make-up of children. That is why Seok Hoon remains a kind person, since Jin Joo and JR are good persons. You can see the characteristics of KPD in faker, no matter how hard faker denies it.

So true.  Even though Dr.Han and JR don't know they are father and son,  they have bonded better and there is something in the air when they are together.  Both of them seem happy and delighted with each other.  They are both hard working and kind people.  They hate people like Madam Sa and keep away from them.  But with Faker, there is no bonding at all.  

We can also see both Seol Hwa and Dr. Han bond with Papa Geum.  This probably comes from their respective mothers bonding with Papa Geum.  Choo Ja is a very bonding person.  Even with her brash talk, she has a good and kind heart.  

9 hours ago, jayakris said:

I haven't seen the subs, but yes, it was indeed liver. They were always talking about 간암 ( liver cancer) so far, but in today's episode Dr. Han used a couple more medical terms with the doctor-in-charge, which had me checking the dictionary.  간성혼수 - hepatic (liver-related) coma/delirium, and 간경화 - hepatocirrhosis (hardening of liver).  I guess he took KPD calling Faker by his name to be due to some sort of delirium.

I seem to like the Korean Language.  The way it is written seems weird sometimes.  Not like English I would say.  Everything is added up or down a letter or consonant and makes a different word.  Just like many other asian languages.

Any good books?

OK, let me throw in a monkey wrench. Let's imagine that NS will come up with a pretty good excuse for bringing the faker into the Y's family? Something along the lines:  I always thought that the real boy died in the fire because he was nowhere to be found, his mother perished in the fire and I was thinking he had gone with her. He never re-appeared in the village and nobody saw him or heard anything about him.  So when the Y's family (the grandma) came  searching for him I decided to save another boy, also an orphan ( the father was in jail), who had no mother and was living alone. I was taking care of that boy and my heart was crying because of my inability to provide for him.  I had to decide what was better for that poor boy, to live in poverty and maybe die of hunger or to bring him into a well to do family, where he would get love, warmth and a good education.  One boy was gone, but I could save the life of another boy that was still alive. I couldn't reveal he was not Y's son because of the fear that they wouldn't accept him. I am guilty of that, but that's my only crime.   Yes, I should have told you earlier about that and reveal the truth. But with years of living together we both, me and JS, came to love you all so much that I (and JS)  simply couldn't bring myself/ourselves to destroy the happiness of the whole family.  All I wanted was the peace of the family as I treasure the family above anything else. 

I suspect the grandma would buy that version, she adores JS. The JR would go with the grandma. Besides 30 years of family life is not something that can be thrown out of the door and easily forgotten about.   I also see ways for Dr.Han to coexist within that version, and the arguments for that are pretty strong.        But we'll have too see what the writers have in store for us.     

@ira2a That's plausible, but there's still the matter of Seol Hwa being the biological daughter of Nan Seol, the infant daughter that she abandoned. Let us say that the Yoons forgive her for bringing the faker in, but why force him to live as Joon Sang? How will they deal with the existence of Seol Hwa? NS might elect to disappear after asking Papa Geum not to let her know that she's Seol Hwa's biological mom.

I think the decision will rest with Dr. Han. After the shock of knowing that he actually did not find his biological father, and hopefully knowing the fake Joon Sang is actually Shin Woo, then later knowing how the Yoons treated his mother Jin Joo and that she died in the fire to save faker, he'll be doing some serious thoughts about his options. He might accept the truth later that he's a Yoon but due to the circumstances, will not elect to be with them even if the Yoons either disown faker and Nan Seol. NS, being the origin of the entire fiasco, is bound to be banished. Maybe, because of the length of time that the Yoons had faker, they'll just opt to send him overseas and set him up there to make another start, without the cunning viper. MH and DN will have a better life managing their own branch of Papa Geum's dumpling store. Sae Na might succeed, at last, at being a reporter. Maybe Dr. Han, Seol Hwa and Ji Sang will head the medical foundation and the PR department. Dr. Han might accept the position on the condition that he remains a Han; that being a Yoon will never be disclosed in public; that he'll make it based on his own merits and not because he's the legitimate heir.

Papa Geum is bound to know that the children of his dongsaengs from the orphanage eventually gravitated to him. Will he be able to forgive Nan Seol for: abandoning Seol Hwa, denying her just so she can continue living a charmed life; browbeating faker to continue living as Joon Sang, denying that she knows what happened to Jin Joo and that she died in the fire saving the faker? We all know that he can be magnanimous and that he can talk Choo Ja to go with whatever his decision will be. 

In then end, the three vipers - Nan Seol, Mrs. Sa and MH will each end up with nothing.

But then again, we're at the mercy of the writers. We don't know how their minds work and if they can still think logically. :dizzy:

Archived