[Drama 2017] While You Were Sleeping, 당신이 잠든 사이에

ilwoo_aein

KDrama Review: While You Were Sleeping
NOVEMBER 20, 2017 / MYTHOUGHTSEXACTLYCOM

Screenshot_20171119-221612[1]

1. The story is a masterpiece. While You Were Sleeping has a plot that series addicts like me would definitely love. If you’ve seen the trailer and think that you already know the story, then you’re wrong. Because that teaser honey, is just the start. It’s full of twists and turns but they are all significant to the main story. There are no loose ends here because it is a well-developed concept and perfectly – executed drama. In short, a must-watch from start to finish!Screenshot_20171119-120816[1]

2. Experience a Roller Coaster Ride of Emotions. If you will ask about the genre, I would say it’s a mixture of drama, comedy, romance and suspense (yep, suspense!) This series literally gave me a roller coaster ride, emotionally, but in a good way. 

Screenshot_20171118-215740[1]

3.The cast is…. OMG THE CAST!!! Who would have thought that Lee Jong Suk and Bae Suzy will have this chemistry? It is already given that Lee Jong Suk can really do romance and comedy and everything, I guess. But this drama tested my loyalty over Jong Suk – Hyo Joo and Woo Bin – Suzy loveteam that I’ve been rooting for since I saw W and Uncontrollably Fond! They’re soooo good together you will actually ask for more. Gosh, LJS, you got me at your adorable aegyos and super cute scenes. Suzy, I’m not a big fan but I think I am now.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20171119-213832[1]

4. And let us not forget the feels that Jung Hae In brought to us! Jusko, Second Lead Syndrome is real! You just made me feel so sad because of how good your heart is towards Jae Chan and Hong Joo. Woo Tak made me believe that when everything else is falling down, get up and go on. I can’t think of no one who will portray Woo Tak than you, Hae in! It is definitely meant for you.

Full review: https://mythoughtsexactly561.wordpress.com/2017/11/20/kdrama-review-while-you-were-sleeping/

• Like 4

Final Review: “While You Were Sleeping” Leaves Loose Ends But Is Worth Getting Hooked On

Suzy-Lee-Jong-Suk-e1510882032492.jpg

No, this isn’t just a bad dream: “While You Were Sleeping” is really over, and we miss it already! From the nightmares to the laugh-out-loud moments, the nail-biting court trials to the feel-good scenes, the drama delivered some wonderful content over the past 16 episodes....

• Like 4

On 11/21/2017 at 1:43 AM, CamelKnight said:

Yup. I think Lee Jung Suk either did too little for his character or, which is also a possibility, he didn't get a chance to really deepen his character. I felt it was rather flat and not really suitable to Suzy's char.

I don't have that often, second lead syndrome I mean, but occassionally it happens.

Jong Suk did exactly what his character demanded which was stoic and understated at first but gradually developed. Like girlfriday said, he had the best development  , from an awkward rookie to a responsible dude, he developed through out the drama. I mean that scene with mr choi was so well acted by JS. 

Suzy has her short comings as an actor, for instance her eyes and face expressions are blank during emotional moments, the dead fish look , which is why the writer gave her a much simpler role- the bubbly happy girl that suited her very well. I liked her a lot but there was hardly any depth to her character.

I felt both had a nice chemistry, sure he did not have a bubbly personality but not all can be cute since Woo tak and hong joo already are cute warm characters, it was a very nice contradiction to have jae chan cold and holding back emotions. Like @gilaswan said that court scene where he did aegyeo, it took every thing for him to act out, thats how JC is.

• Like 4

I see that some people here underestimate and discredit Suzy really a lot.

Anyway, I don't really like the "biased" mood on this thread, so I'll stop coming here to read the comments...

I enjoyed the drama, although the plot was a bit lacking & repetitive at times and a bit too male centric (as in most of kdramas, this is unfortunately why actresses are less lucky), but it was good. I wasn't very active here but it was nice to read all your comments (or almost) since the first episode. Now it's time to move on. Have a good peaceful life guys! :DBye

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Cedric Ong said:

Can't find thread on him in Actors category, so share it here.

Jung Hae In is really grounded. 

https://www.soompi.com/2017/11/21/jung-hae-says-newfound-fame-wont-last-forever/

Is there someone who'd be interested in starting a thread for Jung Hae In? It would be nice to have a place to talk and focus on JHI's portrayal of Wootak's character.

P.S. Thank you very much @nonski for the roll call each and every week. 

• Like 1

Suzy Talks About Love For “While You Were Sleeping” + Reuniting With “Dream High” Scriptwriter

Suzy6.jpg

After “While You were Sleeping” came to an end last week, Suzy recently sat down for an interview to talk about the drama.

The idol-turned-actress was effusive as she talked about her experience during filming. “Going to the set made me so happy,” she recalled. “I also spent a lot of time on my own thinking about how to express the character of Hong Joo. I was very excited to be playing a reporter, and I worked hard to prepare because I wanted to do well. Looking back, I was truly happy during the time I spent living as Hong Joo.”

Suzy commented on spending time with real-life reporters to get a better sense of how they did their job, saying, “I watched a lot of TV news, and I researched by watching dramas, movies, and documentaries about reporters. I practiced a lot, so I was honestly very happy that I received positive reviews.”

Full article: https://www.soompi.com/2017/11/20/suzy-talks-love-sleeping-reuniting-dream-high-scriptwriter/

K-Lookbook: Lee Jong-suk (While You Were Sleeping)

lee-jongsuk-fashion.jpg?w=600

K-dramas prove that no profession is too boring to write about. From CEOs, doctors, chef, lawyers, and even crown princes, fans have met them all. Recently trends in K-drama use prosecutors to tell various kinds of stories. Remember Ji Chang-wok’s in Suspicious Partner or the ill-tempered Jung Ryeo-won in Witch’s Court? Both of them we loved and admire in their respective series. The current prosecutor who makes fangirl hearts swoon every week is the selca-loving novice Jung Jae-chan portrayed by Park Hye-Ryun’s favored actor, Lee Jong-suk!

Lee Jong-suk latest hit, While You Were Sleeping, tells the story of Division 3 Prosecutor Jung Jae-chan who dreams about future events. As much as it is a thrill to watch, the series is also filled with eye-candies with leads Jong-suk and Suzy at the helm.

tumblr_owyucxU4uY1vqfmslo6_500.gif

Even if we can’t stalk in our dreams this cute prosecutor like Nam Hong-joo, we can still take a peak with his wardrobe. Kaja!

Full review: https://ahjummamshies.wordpress.com/2017/11/15/k-lookbook-lee-jong-suk-while-you-were-sleeping/

• Like 2

hi, i comeback to ask if is there anyone know any information about the official DVD. will they release official dvd? and what about OST, are did they release the official cd yet? 

i stopped buying dvd for a very long time ago, but for this drama i wish to buy the official dvd if its available.. and i would be grateful if they came in package with the OST. i love jongsuk and suzy so much, i hope there is director cut too.. 

i remember years ago, usually production co will release the official dvd, they are not going to sell them anymore?

• Like 1

23967603_171096373630260_7411789435953479680_n.jpg

23823229_264220977436701_6195468982787506176_n.jpg

[FANART]

While You Were Sleeping

Pencil and Acrylics on sketchbook paper. This is such a great show! 

Credit: toromium

On 23.11.2017 at 12:35 PM, yoyo_icecube said:

hi, i comeback to ask if is there anyone know any information about the official DVD. will they release official dvd? and what about OST, are did they release the official cd yet? 

i stopped buying dvd for a very long time ago, but for this drama i wish to buy the official dvd if its available.. and i would be grateful if they came in package with the OST. i love jongsuk and suzy so much, i hope there is director cut too.. 

i remember years ago, usually production co will release the official dvd, they are not going to sell them anymore?

https://www.instagram.com/sleepingdvd/ to order DVD

• Like 1