[Drama 2017] While You Were Sleeping, 당신이 잠든 사이에

ilwoo_aein

Finally managed to watch the last two episodes last night. Sigh... it's over already :(

I really loved WYWS. Suzy surprised me with how much she's grown in acting. I really hope she can do even better, eventhough I already find her a proper actress now. It's a bit sad that the chemistry with Lee Jong Suk didn't really sparkle as much as I hoped though. I think Jung Hae In would've made a better partner overall. He's got the same bubbly personality Suzy has :)

I do think it's a shame that in the end inspector Choi didn't really get that all 4 of them dreamt about the future. It would've made it easier for him to accept his "condition" instead of just accepting that he would die by Lee Yoo Beom's car. The other 3 have been able to turn the tables on their dreams before, so they could've rescued inspector Choi before it was too late. Then again, it would've made it more difficult to get Lee Yoo Beom in jail if it hadn't happened. Catalysts everywhere :)

Now I've gotta make up my mind what to watch next... :o 

• Like 5

@Sice said:-

Well, maybe there are still people who can't separate the actor from the character and just go on hating both, but these days actors who can pull of such roles get more recognition. :)

So I had watched the last 2 episodes and yeah, JC had his observations on YB's behavior, pretty much explained everything. And YB admitted that his parents can't even remember his birthday. Too bad inspector Choi's fondness of him wasn't enough to straighten him up.

Boy I will miss this drama. It was one of the few that really got me mindblown by the premier episode. And the plot was consistently good to the end, with a completely satisfying ending. How the dreams started or ended wasn't really answered (it would've been a good theory that it started and ended with Mr. Choi except that HJ had the dreams before the soldier incident), but overall it was satisfying so I won't complain.

Exactly. I'm guilty of it as well. I dislike some actors due to the characters they portray eventhough I know it's only acting:tongue::lol: I agree it did wonders for Nam Goongmin. I imagine it must be harder for the actors themselves when they can't separate their character from real life. 

I thought it was a shame too that Mr. Choi wanting so badly to save his brother (in the past) and failed again (in the present) with Yoobum. Some people are just not meant to be saved..

And yea I'm suffering from withdrawals already!:tears:

This is a K-Drama after all, I don't think it was ever meant to be thought provoking, maybe that should be left to someone like Christopher Nolan (Inception anyone LoL!?:rolleyes::tongue: All his movies messed up my head)  

It was great chatting with ya:D TC, hope to see ya around the forum on the next drama^_^

@CamelKnight said:-

It's a bit sad that the chemistry with Lee Jong Suk didn't really sparkle as much as I hoped though. I think Jung Hae In would've made a better partner overall.

You think so?? I felt it too to a certain extent. I thought Jongsuk (chemistry wise) was much better in I Can Hear Your Voice with Lee Boyoung. I think that's why most times in K-Dramas the second male leads are always the most memorable ones. For example:- Kang Haneul, Kim Woobin & well, now Jung Haein^_^

• Like 5

On 11/16/2017 at 10:01 PM, Latte_Anyday said:

Why must Mr. Choi die?!!? That Yoobum wah:o he has zero regrets! He is beyond redemption, seriously how is it possible he's able to sleep at night!? I like how the drama gives a full circle moment to Choi's premonition & Hongjoo comforting Jaechan as he did for her when they were kids...

The moment I saw Mr Choi in the middle of the road I was like "are there no cars around?" Then boom!!! Kind of expected it. Oh well .

On 11/16/2017 at 9:42 PM, mushforbrains said:

YB is now talking to jc....

he is saying that he may become like him...because can they be sure that they got none of their cases wrong...

I do believe he is seeking for a redemption for himself in what he said. Poor him.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, gilaswan said:

I can't get over the drama! I can't leave it yet! Oh my chingu-deul!!! Hang around here somemore for a rewatch!!! @stargazer187 @lynne22 @triplem @kokodus @felicialoveskpop 

Lol!! I managed to catch up two days back. The story wrapped up nicely though I really felt it was needless for Mr Choi to die. Maybe this was the fastest way to Ensure that Lee YB got his due punishment. Some thoughts:

1. The love triangle was done in such a sweet, sensitive & non-dramatic way that i didn’t feel I had to choose btwn the JC & WT. HJ is lucky to have both men who risked their lives for her. I loved how JC handled it without being over jealous, ensuring that their friendship was kept intact 

2. The scenes that really moved me were actually between choi ahjussi & JC . Also that scene btwn WT & HJ. 

3. I would have wanted a bit more of why LYB was bad the way he is. He was such a central character to the story that I wanted to really understand why he is wired the way he is. Nevertheless he was one of the more interesting villains I have seen in a while - hats off this actor.

4. I know I read some criticism about Suzy’s acting but for someone like me who is actually watching her for the 1st time , I did not see any problems with her, and in fact she carried the show quite a bit.

5. I like that we had some really great supporting cast who could hold their own against the leads. I actually enjoyed all the side stories & character development. 

6. Since I’m a LjS fan ( he was one of the main reasons I migrated fully to k dramas in 2016) and have seen 80% of his dramas & movies, I have to be honest that this is not his most outstanding role. He was good as always but I think he shined a bit more in his previous drama. This could possibly be due to the character he is playing here. Perhaps there were times , I felt he was slightly outshined by WT or our villain. But of course I love him anyway & will continue to support his work . 

Y'know, until now, I cannot figure why they featured Prosecutor Shin's character as one of the main characters. Her role is so cursory, almost forgettable... She's one character that has left little to no impression on me. You could cut out all of her scenes and it wouldn't impact the story much. It's almost as if she existed so that we would be kept guessing whom Prosecutor Lee was dating.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, gilaswan said:

Y'know, until now, I cannot figure why they featured Prosecutor Shin's character as one of the main characters. Her role is so cursory, almost forgettable... She's one character that has left little to no impression on me. You could cut out all of her scenes and it wouldn't impact the story much. It's almost as if she existed so that we would be kept guessing whom Prosecutor Lee was dating.

This I agree. I thought she was supposed to be the 2nd female, lol!  

@stargazer187 Oppa will make a great vampire. Wah his skin is so pale like Edward in Twilight! :tongue:. He can do fantasy dramas well. I hope he will continue to explore new roles. He has a touch of comedy in him but can switch to serious in an instance, so that’s one of his strengths. I’m gonna miss him till his next project. The funny story is that I chanced upon his work when I was looking for an actor who shared the same birthday as me. Then I found out he was the one . So I started watching Pinnochio , and that started my LJS binge watch. 

Edited by Guest

22 minutes ago, yoyo_icecube said:

isn't that today is.... leeyubeom's birthday? if im not mistaken mr. choi said its 20th november..

if it is correct.

"leeyubeom, wish you happy birthday, enjoy your prison life!! don't you dare kill yourself in there."

I think he is having fun :lol: Happy birthday to him. I hope he gets some nice leading role, cause I think he excelled here as the villain