[Drama 2016-2017] My Fair Lady (Oh My Geum-Bi) 오 마이 금비

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Geum Bi already has her "bucket list" made.  The part that sadden me is the last part when they finally able to see the meteor shower together after a long wait.  I guess she got the idea from the story she heard about his father from the con-man.  It was a gift from her to her father.  He finally remember part of himself after seeing it.  Thus, he decided to live together as a family.

However, tonight he will find out more about her sickness when they are just going to start living as a father and daughter.:bawling:

5 hours ago, jongski said:

And I'm just waiting for sub. DF i;m waiting, lol.  This is the only kdrama I'm watching at the moment. The rest are  jdoramas and c-dramas. Oh wait.

@eakeeper IKR. this is tear jerker and  hurts the heart. Like   every episode I'm teary eyed.  This drama is so effective ( never rmind OJH over acting expression - according to some knetz) because this  doesn't have super duper hallyu starts or kpop idols as cast. In that sense we are watching a good drama based on  good story line, good writing, good acting.. amazing acting of Heo Jung Eun.  She gives so much expression and her acting is top notch  at such a young age.

To counter this good but sad drama, try watching j-drama  We Married as a Job  aka Nigeru wa Haji da ga Yaku ni Tatsu.  Oh my gosh, you will love this cute funny just kawaii dance and all....just watch :w00t:   there's a thread in japan forum you can check... i luvs it!

Thanks for the suggestion of this drama. I will check it out.  

Oh, How I am looking forward to next episode but anxious about how sad it will be at the same time.  

I think everyone in the drama's acting is just fine. But, the little girl's acting is top notch!  She should be awarded for best acting drama , if Korea ever gives such award to a little actress!  

i just finished watching ep 5 with sub, that episode is touching... came here to see preview of episode 6, then :bawling::bawling: we need group hug here chingu ah!! even we are few...  somehow, it's good that nobody is live recapping the ep here or else, we are crying while reading recaps here then we will cry again while watching with sub 

59 minutes ago, notohaterfans said:

i just finished watching ep 5 with sub, that episode is touching... came here to see preview of episode 6, then :bawling::bawling: we need group hug here chingu ah!! even we are few...  somehow, it's good that nobody is live recapping the ep here or else, we are crying while reading recaps here then we will cry again while watching with sub 

Watching two dramas at the same time can't help but watch the "happy" one live.  The raw is out.

OMG. watching now the episode 5 sub .wow it's only the first scenes  already I'm in tears. Heo Jung Eun is like Yoo Seung Ho when  he was child actor, makes me cry in an instant.  She's so sooooooooo good. excellent.  The best actress right now!

If viewers haven't seen this drama or her acting in this drama... wow, what are you doing with your life?! yep, it's that good drama!

First minute of Oh My Geumbi *face crying*  Heo Jung Eun ep.5

Cyl-W_2UAAAQh9a.jpg

Hi guys,from what i saw from episode 6,it will be a another twist now that look like geum bi isnt  mo hwi cheol daughter.Mo hwi cheol burn the patternity test and chi soo met geumbi real mom.Look like the chi soo is the eeal dad because of the past,he try to steal anything from mo hwi cheol including geumbi real mom.I just hope my guess is wrong.what do you think guys??

WHO IS THE WRITER OF THE SHOW???????

How can she write a such heart breaking story. It breaks left, right and centre. It makes you cry several times each episode. But you will stay to support that little girl. The drama really is: why do bad thing happen to good people. There is not one bad thing, there are so many bad things happening to her.  She cant catch any little break.

I can by pass the bad actings of other actors, the flow of the story. But one thing I dont like is the nasty vibe: her dad says she's ugly. The kid's mom say such nasty words, people behave badly to each other. There are so few good guys but too many bad guys. 

I dont think there are enough words of how amazing Geum Bi acting is. The way she holds her tears when all the watching audience crying. Is there a way we can send the team love and support? 

I have a question though: How can a 10 years old go around by herself? There are so many things can happen to little kid like that: kidnapping, accident. 

I think the most heart wrenching seen for me was at the bus stop when Geum Bi looked at the ladies representing the circle of life, from teenager, to twenties, motherhood, grandmother---it was just so sad because she won't get a chance to experience that....and you can almost feel her longing and her father sees it too.

17 minutes ago, lclarakl said:

I think the most heart wrenching seen for me was at the bus stop when Geum Bi looked at the ladies representing the circle of life, from teenager, to twenties, motherhood, grandmother---it was just so sad because she won't get a chance to experience that.

I love that scene so much too-so artistic.

3 hours ago, lclarakl said:

I think the most heart wrenching seen for me was at the bus stop when Geum Bi looked at the ladies representing the circle of life, from teenager, to twenties, motherhood, grandmother---it was just so sad because she won't get a chance to experience that.

Now that you said it.... what a meaningful scene it is.  I only saw the mother and her child and was thinking that she misses a "mother" in her life. I love how you see it :)

6 hours ago, Geumbi16 said:

Hi guys,from what i saw from episode 6,it will be a another twist now that look like geum bi isnt  mo hwi cheol daughter.Mo hwi cheol burn the paternity test and chi soo met geumbi real mom.Look like the chi soo is the eeal dad because of the past,he try to steal anything from mo hwi cheol including geumbi real mom.I just hope my guess is wrong.what do you think guys??

I have the same feeling as yours since it can be " quite dramatic" and hope it is wrong too.  He has already made a decision to become her father when they went to see the meteor shower that night and had the confident she is his daughter and does not need to know the DNA result (At the same time I was thinking that he's afraid of losing GeumBi in case the result was negative, so he rather not open the envelope)

With the existence of her biological mother next week, it is going to be quite "interesting" and yet heartbreaking.

Episode 6 was so poignant, that scene where Hwi Chul is looking at his daughter watching the women standing at the bus stop realizing that she may never grow to go through all those stage is heartbreaking. Also that part he yells at her to call him dad. Her mother better change her attitude and not approach Geum Bi only because of the inheritance because that would be a pretty mess up thing to do to that little angel who is already going through so much.

Her father's bark is worse than his bite

She's happy to finally be able to call him father. Can't help but be happy for her. Now she has someone she can hold on to. Their bickering is just an act. Love the scene where Geum Bi asked her father to stay in the room until she's asleep.  She trusts him and feels safe with him now.

I watch this drama to see Heo Jung Eun acting. And I thought the plot will be heart warming (yah noob didnt read the synopsis first). I like just look, how bright she is. Then this noob start bawling in episode 4 and maybe till the end.  sobs, I always manage to find heart wrenching dramas. I pray Geumbi will get a better ending. :bawling:

Archived