[Drama 2016-2017] My Fair Lady (Oh My Geum-Bi) 오 마이 금비

Go Seung Ji

I just watched episode 9 on KBS World and this drama made me cry buckets of tears the whole episode even though I haven't watched this.

I've only watched episode 1 and haven't continued and watched episode 9 just now.

What will happen that now Geum Bi said that she wants to live with her mom? Oh no!!!

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The feelz.  A simple gesture, a scene where father gives his daughter a new red shoes after seeing the rusty books  worn out by Geumbi.  Of course, one wouldn't understand if not invested in the drama and  just watching for the sake of watching and being curious. I haven't missed an episode every Wed - Thurs.  We watch for our own pleasure. Some may not like the drama, others would find fault. Boggers/reviewers/knetz doesn't  influence the dramas I like to watch. I'm no drama purist but  know a good one when I see one.

Geumbi and Hwicheol interactions are best! <3

Spoiler

CzsLcSkUsAECImu.jpg

CzsLc9OUQAEb92E.jpg
CzsLdshUQAAv8Jx.jpg
CzsLebSUkAA9oVh.jpg
cto
On 12/15/2016 at 7:09 PM, xiashenghan said:

Browsed through episode 10.

I'm curious. Does her guy classmate knows her disease? I'm planning to watch this again from the start.

EP 8. He knows she's sick, He was at the hospital waiting for her, But  doesn't know her sickness. Once he finds out, he'll be affected, no doubt.  :(

So  viewers are asking  (not here but on twtr) why Geumbi chose Jooyoung- yeah the alcoholic mother who only wants the inheritance of 1.5 Mil. snd made deal with Chisoo. No need for spoilers. Only a handful of us watching the drama and posting in this this thread (but many intl viewers on twtr).

I knew already she's chosen her. Why? I haven't watched ep 10 yet I'm waiting for the sub, once I watch, I'll know much clearly the reason why but based on Ep 9 scenes  - it started when Geumbi wanted to  put real mother in trouble  as it "would make her "lose parental rights"  it did work as Jooyoung got drunk and ended up in police station. However the interaction with Geumbi when she was explaining why her name is such why she was named Geumbi, and then  being helpless. We see Geumbi's brief second hesitation to leave Jooyoung. More after I watch ep 10

All I really want is for Geumbi to be with Hwicheol and Kanghee and Jaeha.

I'm never tired of saying this.. Heo Jung Eun is just  amazing child actress.

Ep 9 "a Silky,crescent moon" - Geumbi.   That's what her name means.

Spoiler

Czr3Z2LUAAAS69l.jpg

Czr3ad_UkAAbxSI.jpg
Czr3a4SUsAAvIbW.jpg
CzqtGVOWQAIhYNk.jpg
cr:aiza

I feel like if I leave that lady alone, she will die before I do.

If I hear you or Dad's voice, Ill want to come back right away.

But what if I run out of time? I dont have much time

---

I want to applause the actress that play mother. She gives the warmess of a mom. Even both woman loves geum bi but the way they express are different.

I didnt like the idea of her staying with her mom before but the episode really give the warmess of motherhood. Geum Bi looks more happy when she is with her mom.

Hi! A newbie here, I don't usually comment and opts as a silent lurker instead but this phase has come to an end since I view this drama. Geum Bi has propelled me to rant my feelings! Lol. Actually I just want to share my two cents about the characters in this drama. The most appealing aspect for me since this one is packed with loads of grey characters or layered characters. I love that they don't just blatantly paint Hwi Chul, Kang Hee, Joo Young as 2-dimensional personalities (bad and good), they blur the line. They have their fair share of 'dark' past that they want to leave behind but they just as human as one can be, they have to struggle to move on and go on with their life. It's amusing to witness that while it's not an easy thing to do, they show their determination to continue with their life (although Joo Young was on the verge of giving all up, you know if you have seen the latest episode). They have yet to find their closures but Geum Bi arrives to ease their pain and serves as their ray of light, as the link that connects them all. It's devastated to see in her short period of time, she still wants to make and help her parents to be 'respectful' human beings. Not doing detestable and deviant things that they did to make a living. It's amazing enough to see the gradual change of Hwi Chul and Kang Hee, but now Geum Bi is casting her spell to Joo Young and even reaching Chi Soo, and I'm surprised to see that the disease is not the quickly-developed one, I already be prepared to see lots of hospital scene where Geum Bi would end up paralyzed, but up until now, it hasn't happened at all. Geum Bi still active and alive!

Geez I even have to give accolades to the writers for highlighting parents-children relationship. Like I said before, the parents of the adults characters left significant mark on their life thus make them the people they are right now and use Geum Bi as the 'medium' to vent their love and adoration. It does help a lot that Geum Bi comes in the form of the uber cute Heo Jeung Eun, whose dimples and big dark eyes are so irresistible and can sweep you off your feet.

I never expect anything from the drama but completely taken by surprise by the amount of life lessons and pleasant moments that this one gives. I am now absorbed completely with Geum Bi, and it will hold a special place in my memories. It's a shame that the drama that you want to be longer is shorter and the ones that drags and full of fillers are longer

7 hours ago, vereina said:

Hi! A newbie here, I don't usually comment and opts as a silent lurker instead but this phase has come to an end since I view this drama. Geum Bi has propelled me to rant my feelings! Lol. Actually I just want to share my two cents about the characters in this drama. The most appealing aspect for me since this one is packed with loads of grey characters or layered characters. I love that they don't just blatantly paint Hwi Chul, Kang Hee, Joo Young as 2-dimensional personalities (bad and good), they blur the line. They have their fair share of 'dark' past that they want to leave behind but they just as human as one can be, they have to struggle to move on and go on with their life. It's amusing to witness that while it's not an easy thing to do, they show their determination to continue with their life (although Joo Young was on the verge of giving all up, you know if you have seen the latest episode). They have yet to find their closures but Geum Bi arrives to ease their pain and serves as their ray of light, as the link that connects them all. It's devastated to see in her short period of time, she still wants to make and help her parents to be 'respectful' human beings. Not doing detestable and deviant things that they did to make a living. It's amazing enough to see the gradual change of Hwi Chul and Kang Hee, but now Geum Bi is casting her spell to Joo Young and even reaching Chi Soo, and I'm surprised to see that the disease is not the quickly-developed one, I already be prepared to see lots of hospital scene where Geum Bi would end up paralyzed, but up until now, it hasn't happened at all. Geum Bi still active and alive!

Geez I even have to give accolades to the writers for highlighting parents-children relationship. Like I said before, the parents of the adults characters left significant mark on their life thus make them the people they are right now and use Geum Bi as the 'medium' to vent their love and adoration. It does help a lot that Geum Bi comes in the form of the uber cute Heo Jeung Eun, whose dimples and big dark eyes are so irresistible and can sweep you off your feet.

I never expect anything from the drama but completely taken by surprise by the amount of life lessons and pleasant moments that this one gives. I am now absorbed completely with Geum Bi, and it will hold a special place in my memories. It's a shame that the drama that you want to be longer is shorter and the ones that drags and full of fillers are longer

@vereina  I nod in agreement with your post. Thanks you for unlurking and sharing your thoughts about  this drama.   I like to read views of other viewers and how they see the drama from the beginning and as it progresses.  I agree with what you said. And the one that I high light.   Thanks for pointing that out. I agree with you. Geumbi's appearance  is having an effect to the lives and the way these characters have lived before. From Hwicheol's being a con artist, to Kanghee's depression and guilt over the death of little sister, to  Jooyoung's attitude and state of mind and her about just getting the money because she's poor and always have to rely  with men to help her,  and lastly to Chisoo... who was betrayed by Hwicheol and left him to suffer consequence and still wanting revenge.

Geumbi is like that angel who is doing something that makes all these central characters react in a different way whenever they are with her.  Geumbi's sickness once  the symptoms manifest in major way,  I feel each of them will be affected and will realize how she has touch a part of them in a way  that it changes the dynamic of relationship with one another, with each other and ho they deal with her.

I worry about her best friend - young Jae Ha. I really feel he will the most affected. I mentioned this a few times already in this thread,  a lot of praises  for their part of the story.  And you're right. kudos to the writer for doing a good job, giving us high quality scenes  and  dialogues, brilliantly showing us human side of parents and children  relationship, as you said.

OT:   another drama I'll recommend if you have the time,  Five Children  One of my top 5 dramas  for 2016. high quality writing and drama is so good! You'll enjoy family dynamics and how relationship of parents  and their children.

3 hours ago, quockhanh45 said:

What I will do after this drama ends, and don't have any chance to see Heo Jung Eun as lead anymore? Please dramagod, let's have more drama which child as lead (I also like Gal So Won, Nam Da Reum)

IKR. Chingu.... I also like them.  Was hoping to see Nam Da Reum in Solomon's Perjury but I guess 14 yr old is too young for the drama. Heh.  Both of them  have impressive acting skills at such a young age. Imagine them together in one drama.. wow!

And now.. I'm gonna watch ep 10 sub. Thoughts later.

She chose to live with her biological mother Joo Young, to save her.  My tears  when Hwicheol and Kanghee was saying goodbye to Geumbi was saying goodbye.

Heu Jung Eun once more showed us her exceptionally amazing acting and facial expression. Nothing to  over the top.  It was just so right. I have to laud  Oh Ji Ho, first time I'm watching this actor he's good in this character. as I've mentioned many times,  knetz / drama reviewers/ bloggers doesnt and never influence me  with how I see the drama as a whole and how actors act.

Previous page, I  mentioned I have the hunch she would choose Jooyoung. The moment  at the club scene and at the police station and how Geumbi saw  Joo young and how she was as person, as her mother, she felt it. She wanted to help her.  I like the fact that drama did not dwell and drag on Hwicheo being bitter and all because Geumbi chose  to live with Jooyoung. If this was  another drama, we'll see a scene of father getting all emotional and , angry even  blaming.  

The scene with Kanghee and her dad was  good one. It showed us why how Kanghee felt. She knows she can't fill that spot. That void left by  the loss of her little sister, Geumbi  the catalyst for  the change in her,  and in the same way that Hwicheol is trying to change. His life has meaning and purpose.  He would  always say " I don't care if I die now", but  as the story progresses, we see that  change in him.  That's the Geumbi effect.

Hiwcheol, Chisoo and  Jooyoun, these three were all friends before, they knew each others secrets:  Jooyoung wants money,  Chsioo wants money and revenge. Hwicheol needs money.  They all need money for different purpose and  Geumbi's bringing all these three together.

So the question now.... who is the biological father of Geumbi. We're still in the dark  if is Hwicheol or Chisoo.. Again, I  gave my answer to that question in previous pages.  But  I could be wrong. When Kanghee was explaining to Jooyoung about  Geumbi's sickness she mentioned  Niemann-Pick  disease is hereditary too. We've seen several scenes of hands shaking.  Geumbi's hand  was shaking,  Jooyoung hands was shaking.  Chisoo's hand  in  previous episodes,  I've seen his hands shaking.  In ep 10 after he called Hwicheol, they focused on his hand, and was shaking.  So if you put two and two together,  it's  that Chsioo could be  the biological father of Geumbi.  But Hwicheol seems to be the biological father too epecally  after that last scene in  10. And  what a beautiful last scenes  The flow of dialogue from Geumbi inside the tent, Hwicheol inside the church walking towards.... Jooyoung was was there inside.  Sure gives indication as well.

But  I'll go with Chisoo being the biological father.  Again, I could be wrong. I want it to be Hwicheol.

More updates and pics later.

Hewicheol missed Geumbi a lot. He felt it's not the same if he stays in the house of Kanghee nowe thaa Geumbi's gone.  He went to sleep inside the tent. The same one which he and Geumbi slept first when  he was forced out of  the rented apartment.  Because he used to be an artist before,  he drew the many expressions of  Geumbi and there was flashback to that.  I felt  so much for Hwicheol.

Heo Jung Eun who plays Geumbi, the youngest female lead right now, is the best right now with current drama. That is a fact.  She actually deserves an award.. How a child actress can  have so many facial expressions and switches so quickly and then  the way she acts in this drama is amazing. Of course only viewers who watches this drama will know. I also laud the actor playing Hwicheol. He's so perfect for that. acting impressively in this drama. doing i brilliantly.  I've seen quite a few who  thinks otherwise but.. I don't like it when viewers criticize an actor just because they don't like the actor or they're not of some stature... so they find faults even the mere expression. It's ludicrous. He's played Hwicheol so good. The best relationship and chemistry in current kdramas airing, is that of Geumbi and Hwicheol. Compliment each other a  a lot and their banter is joy to watch but they also bring us tears. I can actually say this is the best drama to end the year.  Best among the ones currently airing.

Spoiler

Czy103qUkAECxTs.jpg

Czy11ngUQAE2awf.jpg
Czy12SiUcAA-VpR.jpg
Czy13J6UQAAMKZr.jpg
credit to aisenou

This show is making me feel down every week..

There's always something to cry for in every episode. From finding the truth to separation of Hwi Cheol and Geum Bi..

I feel sad for Hwi Cheol, Kang Hee and Geum Bi over their separation. Geum Bi explained it well why she decided to stay with her mom but it's still heartbreaking.

Hopefully Geum Bi gets to reunite with Hwi Cheol and Kang Hee very soon!!! I love the family they are creating..

Waiting for Wednesday!  From the very start of  Ep 1 all the way to  Ep 10.. every episode... I cried. I wept. I shed tears. 6 more episodes. Whew!

"I'll lose my memory gradually. I won't even be able to move my body after. People with this disease die before they turn 20"  -Geumbi, ep 4

geum bi vs the world

Spoiler

Cz0kZxlUQAAoCBK.jpg

Spoiler

Cz0kbjoVEAAaNcl.jpg

Spoiler

Cz0kdMgVEAAymEO.jpg

Cz0kdgEVEAIDlS3.jpg

For the lurkers... this is Ep 6, Hwicheol and  Kanghee  had the same reaction when they found out at about Geumbi's disease.  We cried at this scene.   it was too sad..

CzDFJiGXEAAhbAN.jpg
CzDFJ9IW8AEH6iw.jpg

all pics cr to owners.

Most important take away from episode 10: there are Adventure Time boots

21847109.F.jpg

(Was that product placement?  Is Adventure Time popular in Korea?  I have no idea, but I am in favor of more Adventure Time boots showing up in kdramas, haha)

At this point, I don't care who is the dad.  Hwi Chul wants to be her dad, and is past the point of caring whether he is genetically related to her or not.  Chi Soo has it in him to be a decent human being (or so we are being led to believe), so eh.  Whoever :) If Chi Soo's the daddy, though, he and Hwi Chul need to kiss and make up, pronto.  Hwi Chul needs his Geum Bi.  Aww.

I'm torn between thinking it's good they trust Geum Bi so much and allow her that much autonomy, and thinking Kang Hee and Hwi Chul are NUTS to let her go to her mom's house, knowing her reasoning for going there.  Geum Bi totally has a hero complex (well, she's good at it, anyway, so let her have it, I guess :)).  Anyway, they know she's going there to save Joo Young.  Why would you allow a child to take on that much responsibility, even if it's her choice?  There is a line somewhere.  But of course, it's all okay after all.  I'm relieved, and also annoyed at how quickly they brought Joo Young around, and that they did it in that way.  This show is sometimes such a mix of harsh realities and overly idealized, almost magical thinking.

I still feel like sometimes this show skips around too much, or chooses to focus on characters or scenes in a way that feels jarring to me.  It's not like the story is confusing, it's just that the way they're choosing to present it is odd at times.  I wish we could dispense with the lawyer guy, and the bar lady, and all the extra stuff that's there for conflict, because don't we have plenty of that already?

I am curious about what really happened to Hwi Chul's dad.  I do also want an honest face-to-face with Hwi Chul and Chi Soo, and soon.

I am also annoyed that there are almost never closing credits for this show.  I'm never going to be able to identify all the characters I want to identify at this rate. ;)

Random question: do elementary kids in Korea really get to handle hydrochloric acid in school?  That seems a little young for that.  Or maybe my school just didn't trust us, lol.

35 minutes ago, ecs707a said:

Random question: do elementary kids in Korea really get to handle hydrochloric acid in school?  That seems a little young for that.  Or maybe my school just didn't trust us, lol.

Sorry for cutting your post, I also want to ask that too. I'm study for 11 years, But I just began study chemical from Grade. 8 and teachers never let us touch chemicals things, we just go to experiment room 3 times.

so now all of them wants to protect Guem Bi.... Guem Bi's sickness is no longer a secret, 

the story will evolve around the adult's back ground... HC dad, and JY's secrets etc, CS trying to get involve in all story lols...

I can't believe that the villain here turn out to be Sil La... like seriously, kid shouldn't like that...

Archived