[Drama 2016-2017] My Fair Lady (Oh My Geum-Bi) 오 마이 금비

Go Seung Ji

@marypots08

Yeah, the possibility is high  Chisoo could be the father.  It seems from ep 5, all three, Hwicheol, Chisoo, and Jooyoung knew  each other and were friends. Jooyoung said to Chisool.. 'why did you think I left you for Mo after having fun with you?'.something like that.

Hwicheol taking paternity test.. I think if I remember correctly like he said she- jooyoung, has been  other guys, friendly with them and that it wasn't serious with him. So he wanted to take the DNA paternity test... but then..  we won't find out because he burned the document.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, ssinz7 said:

Hmmmm... that makes sense but i dont like Chi soo hehehehe

Chisoo wants payback from hwicheol  for his betrayal. It seems it's not just about  leaving him, letting  chisoo  be blamed, but also about jooyoung too,. Chisoo's wants vengeance..... for what happened to his life.  Hwicheol never denied and has asked forgiveness but Chisoo is still harboring animosity and hatred. But I'm glad they did not dwell much on that and it stayed focused on main story which is Geumbi and her illness.

3 hours ago, jongski said:

Chisoo wants payback from hwicheol  for his betrayal. It seems it's not just about  leaving him, letting  chisoo  be blamed, but also about jooyoung too,. Chisoo's wants vengeance..... for what happened to his life.  Hwicheol never denied and has asked forgiveness but Chisoo is still harboring animosity and hatred. But I'm glad they did not dwell much on that and it stayed focused on main story which is Geumbi and her illness.

Yes. Looks like the 3 of them are friends. Joo Young is in love with Hwi Chul and Chi Soo with Joo Young..

and you are right, paternity test has been done but Hwi Chol didn't open the result. He burnt it instead.

4 hours ago, ssinz7 said:

Hmmmm... that makes sense but i dont like Chi soo hehehehe

I don't like him too. Lol!

21 hours ago, Khin ZarL said:

I know this drama has a drop in rating because of the hype about other romantic drams. Even then this drama to me is way better than the others! Gosh it's so good!! everyone's acting is just superb!! Both Oh Ji Ho and Geum Bi <3 

100% TRUE

--------

https://www.soompi.com/2016/12/03/heo-jung-eun-makes-difficult-choice-park-bo-gum-oh-geum-bi-dad-oh-ji-ho/

Heo Jung Eun Oh Ji Ho

As affectionate as a real father-daughter pair, Oh Ji Ho and Heo Jung Eun from KBS’s “Oh My Geum Bi” recently sat down for an interview in the midst of filming.

During the December 3 broadcast of KBS2’s “Entertainment Weekly,” Heo Jung Eun talked about what it’s like acting as Geum Bi and her character’s innocent love interest Jae Ha, played by Park Min Soo.

When the MC asked who she liked more between her “boyfriend” Jae Ha and her “dad” Hwi Chul (Oh Ji Ho), the young actress brightly replied “Hwi Chul!,” but then added, “However, Jae Ha is cute also!”

However, the tables turned when the MC then asked if she liked her “dad” or Park Bo Gum more. Already resigned to his inevitable fate, Oh Ji Ho answered for Heo Jung Eun and said, “Park Bo Gum. It’s Park Bo Gum right?”

Heo Jung Eun happily nodded yes, to her “father’s” disappointment.

Looks like even dads can’t win against Park Bo Gum’s charms! Check out the latest episode of “Oh My Geum Bi” below!

Yeah, most viewers prefer something that caters to their interest.  But as someone like me who watches a drama for  the story, good acting and writing, this drama may have drop in rating but the acting so high up there. It's brilliant especially coming from  child actor Heo Jung Eun.  At the most she deserves all the love and praises.. she's the best actress right now  with dramas currently airing. How sad that other viewers aren't watching her acting because it is really amazing. And this drama.. is  better than  most at the moment because  this drama is watched not for big name stars nor big name popular pd  but for top notch acting, the writing,  even the the background music is good.

7 hours ago, jongski said:

Yeah, most viewers prefer something that caters to their interest.  But as someone like me who watches a drama for  the story, good acting and writing, this drama may have drop in rating but the acting so high up there. It's brilliant especially coming from  child actor Heo Jung Eun.  At the most she deserves all the love and praises.. she's the best actress right now  with dramas currently airing. How sad that other viewers aren't watching her acting because it is really amazing. And this drama.. is  better than  most at the moment because  this drama is watched not for big name stars nor big name popular pd  but for top notch acting, the writing,  even the the background music is good.

I agree! I either reached the level of my life where romance is not my main focus in watching dramas.

i like though how light the romance between Hwi Chu

and Kang Hee. Their romance is simple yet very matured and seems like both of them don't only look for romance but ready to become a family with Geum Bi.

i guess i'm really getting old! *sigh*

On 12/2/2016 at 9:31 PM, quockhanh45 said:

KBS even don't upload clip cuts on their Youtube channel.

Sorry to cut your post.  Yes, agree to your statement. Why is it they have video clips for other KBS dramas but not this one, I wonder.  

Not even that, I can't seem to find the BTS photos or video like what we usually see in other dramas. Maybe someone know the reason?

12 hours ago, Yongzura said:

Sorry to cut your post.  Yes, agree to your statement. Why is it they have video clips for other KBS dramas but not this one, I wonder.  

Not even that, I can't seem to find the BTS photos or video like what we usually see in other dramas. Maybe someone know the reason?

Yeah, the official site also not inclued bts photos or what. KBS threw this drama away.

Finally caught up! 

On 12/3/2016 at 1:49 PM, jongski said:

Hwicheol taking paternity test.. I think if I remember correctly like he said she- jooyoung, has been  other guys, friendly with them and that it wasn't serious with him. So he wanted to take the DNA paternity test... but then..  we won't find out because he burned the document.

Yeah, it wasn't totally burned though!  Kang Hee stopped him because he was "playing with fire".  As soon as I saw that, I wondered if this paternity thing was truly over.  Well, it's the thought that counts, right?  He decided to burn it, anyway.

That scene was totally cute, btw.  Kang Hee all huffy about not being able to trust him with the house.  And then him being so glad she's not leaving.  Awww.

So, what was I going to say about the three episodes I watched since I was last here...hmmm.

Well, one thing: I was glad to see Ahn Nae Sang (as Hwi Chul's dad), because I'm always glad to see Ahn Nae Sang.  He's everywhere, but I love that guy.  And then there were no credits at the end of that episode (5)!  I also wanted to look up who was teen Hwi Chul, just out of curiosity, but no such luck.  Well, maybe there'll be another flashback and I'll find out later.

Two: this show is so sweeeeeeet.  Gah.  Almost too much for me.  But it's also just so well-done that I can't resist.  It reminds me of Good Doctor in that way.  I like it, but then sometimes I feel like I need an antidote, haha.

On 12/4/2016 at 11:01 AM, Yongzura said:

21 hours ago, quockhanh45 said:

Yeah, the official site also not inclued bts photos or what.

I noticed that too, that the official site doesn't have the usual BTS photos section.  They are releasing some, under the category of "news", but it's harder to find.  And the BTS videos are there on the official site, but they don't seem to be releasing them on youtube at all.  I don't know if that's normal for KBS or not, since I haven't followed a KBS drama in real-time in a good long while.

There are clips on KBS Drama's tvpot channel, however.  Still not embeddable here, though.  At least they're not region-restricted (at least for me).  There are both drama clips and the making videos, which I'm glad to see, since the video player that KBS uses is so laggy for me, and it doesn't work with Firefox at all.  Grr.

Here's the link for the daum tvpot channel, if anyone else wants to check it out.  And here is the link to the most recent making video, with (hopefully) the playlist with all the BTS videos there on the bottom too.  Oh, well, the most recent one they uploaded over there.  I think, lol.  There is a sixth one on the official site, but I can only see up to five on tvpot, unless I missed it.

Oh wait though.  The sixth one is on youtube, but not on tvpot?  Whereas the rest are on tvpot, but I can't find them on youtube anywhere.  What is KBS doing?

Anyway, the sixth:

credit: KBS 한국방송 (MyloveKBS)

28 minutes ago, ecs707a said:

I noticed that too, that the official site doesn't have the usual BTS photos section.  They are releasing some, under the category of "news", but it's harder to find.  And the BTS videos are there on the official site, but they don't seem to be releasing them on youtube at all.  I don't know if that's normal for KBS or not, since I haven't followed a KBS drama in real-time in a good long while.

There are clips on KBS Drama's tvpot channel, however.  Still not embeddable here, though.  At least they're not region-restricted (at least for me).  There are both drama clips and the making videos, which I'm glad to see, since the video player that KBS uses is so laggy for me, and it doesn't work with Firefox at all.  Grr.

Here's the link for the daum tvpot channel, if anyone else wants to check it out.  And here is the link to the most recent making video, with (hopefully) the playlist with all the BTS videos there on the bottom too.  Oh, well, the most recent one they uploaded over there.  I think, lol.  There is a sixth one on the official site, but I can only see up to five on tvpot, unless I missed it.

credit: KBS 한국방송 (MyloveKBS)

Oh thank you for the info.  That is quite a number ;)  but not as much as the other drama.  It should be given a fair share because there are people who preferred to watch this drama too.  

My heart just breaks for both Geumbi and Hwicheol... as they face so much discrimination and prejudice from a harsh judgmental society. I sure wished I had Geumbi's resilience, strength and wit when I was her age. Such an inspiration and it appears to change Hwicheol too as he now strives to be a better person, parent for Geumbi.

How does one measure drama success? Ratings, star power,  big budget, endless promotion...popular awards for this and that.

For me. drama's success is when you watch the drama  for good story, for the amazing the acting, quality, writing, good cinematography, good editing,  good directing for the overall value of the drama. Sadly, many viewers don't see it that way.  Viewers don't see what I see and how I  measure a drama's success.

How sad there's aren't many viewers of this show. There are but mostly intl viewers tweeting their feeling and emotions and  the consensus  everyone who watches this drama,  we've cried every episode. Then we laugh,  then we cry and laugh at the same then we  cyr some more. That's how good this drama is.  we all shed tears  for this. Of course, only the viewers who watches this and follows this will know.  At the very least, this drama deserves some recognition and appreciation. And Heo Jung Eun is best actress right now in the small.  But again, only viewers who watches this drama will know that.

Episode 7 later.   We gonna see that gradual loss and inability. Our hearts will hurt again. But we're ready. I'm ready.. no I'm not. Lets watch later though.

Below scene is when Geumbi  ll the subway station. She has been doing this ever since she knew she will lose her memory. This is just one of the many scenes where  my tears flowed.

"I'm doing all right so far" - Geumbi , ep 5

Spoiler

Cy7OKEjVQAEFJLl.jpg

Cy7OKZyUsAAvVpF.jpg

Cy6VP1vUoAALPG0.jpg

'Geumbi imagining herself in the wheelchair'

CyyktsRUcAAW_P8.jpg

Future kdrama superstars.  Park Min Soo and Heo Jung Eun.

Spoiler

Cyy4U81UsAE9TNL.jpg

Of love and friendship.  best friendsGeumbi and Jae Ha. And no doubt once Jae Ha finds out Geumbi's sickness  he will be the most affected boy.  The hurt in our hearts.. when that happens.

Cy_QO48UUAErCXA.jpg
Cy_QPn3UcAEJc3l.jpg
Cyz4VdFWEAACJ5X.jpg

Archived