Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2016-2017] My Fair Lady (Oh My Geum-Bi) 오 마이 금비

15 hours ago, jongski said:

About Chisoo... we see that he's beaten by mob boss as he's not able to bring money to him because he keeps on chasing after Hwicheol and  and when  the mob boss said that he'll deal with Hwicheol personally and Chisoo said " "if you touch him, I'll come after you."  we know from the backstory that they were best friends, that Hwicheol was his only friend, but he was betrayed by him and suffered consequence from the betrayal and ended being  the bad guy that he is now.

Chisoo character may be shady but  I can bet if something happens to Hwicheol, he'll be the first one to save him. I have no doubt. When asked by Geumbi if he has other friends beside Hwicheol.... we see  the pain in his eyes as he looked away, there's hurt in him. 

I also got this vibe watching that scene...  

This will be a sad journey but I think aside from GB dying it will be a happy ending for all characters

On 12/10/2016 at 3:59 AM, ecs707a said:

Okay, so.  Don't want to nitpick, but how exactly did Geum Bi know where to find her mom?  When she went to see her mom at work, she had only met her in the classroom previously, right?  I'm confused.

Because Chisoo told Geumbi. He  said she'll recognize her.  Plus the story is fast pace and doesn't dwell much. it moves along quickly to major scenes.   We can assume the lawyer handling Geumbi's inheritance would know details about her.

Spoiler

CzPS2ICUUAAXI7m.jpg

Likewise, how did Joo Young know to find Geum Bi at the fortuneteller's, right after she started working there?  Maybe we can blame all this on creepy stalker Chi Soo, who's lurking around keeping tabs on everyone, lol.

Again...because Chisoo told her. When they met at the store when Jooyoung is working, he's asking her what's her plan,  he knows about the 1.5 M inheritance. already.  He gave her a piece of paper  and next scene was  Geumbi with the fortune teller. Again no dwelling much and proceed to main scenes.

But how did the lawyer know to find Hwi Chul?  Gah.  This episode feels so disjointed.  Not that I need to know these nitty gritty details, but something felt off, like they tried to pack too much into the episode without managing to do it terribly smoothly.

Because he is  lawyer.  It's his job as as legal guardian of Geumbi's inheritance to find out who she's staying with.  As drama  fast pace, writer  no unnecessary scenes like lawyer looking for Geumbi dad, lawyer  trying to find every detail about Geumbi. We can assume lawyer doesn't know about the sickness. But his job is to protect the inheritance and  it should just stay focus on that and just go to main parts.

And who lets a little kid handle their own medicine, especially if it's new (and especially if she's likely to be experiencing memory issues sooner or later)?  I would think that would go straight to the school nurse or something.  Pretty sure when I was in school, we weren't even allowed to have any medication in our possession, prescription, OTC, whatever, ours or not.  Not to mention the moral grey area of treating her without her knowledge, and the fact that he knows that she thinks that he doesn't know she's sick, but he does, and hasn't told her. (That's still true at the beginning of episode 7, right?  Or did I forget something?  He knows, obviously, but does she know that he knows?  Someone remind me when that happened, if it did, please.  Do I have early-onset dementia too?)

In ep 7,  We assume Geumbi knows already the Hwicheol knows she's sick. She had the hunch already when he gave her "super vitamin" aka her medicines to drink, and when he came back injured, she knows he's working even if he said he was "rock climbing." After that scene there was flash back to her conversation with the doctor asking how much medicine cost and doc told her 1,000 dollars.   So she knows what the meds are for and why he was working.  So in the next scene we see her telling fortunes to people passing by.

Again the story is fast. I like it.  It doesn't have unnecessary scenes.

In school, the rival of Geumbi, took the the bottle of meds when it fell from the chair, that's why Geumbi does not have it she was rummaging through her backpack and told Hwichedol she forgot about it and we see Hwicheol raising his voice, kinda upset Kanghee told him to stop shouting at Geumbi.  And based from bad attitude of the Geumbi's rival, she'll do something that will embarrass  Geumbi. She  took the meds and Geumbi doesn't have idea. Of course she doesn't know  Geumbi's sick. Only Jaeha knows.  We have to wait for  ep 9.  The preview - somethings gonna happen at school.

ep 7 screen cap.

Spoiler

CzQB_-eUQAAsFXZ.jpg

CzQCCKmVIAATCVU.jpg

ep 8  so because she said this line to him.... she knows that he knows about her condition already.
CzPfwjEUQAAfiAZ.jpg
CzPfwiYUUAEKjj9.jpg

@ecs707a I hope the explanation helps.  Ep 9 preview gonna be heart breaking, as we see Geumbi passing out and chisoo helping her.

Bloody Chisoo got beaten because he is rank low  bringing money back to mob boss ( cos I dunno what to call those thugs).  Again, the story doesn't dwell much on what  he does but it's probably same as Hwicheol but more hardcore.  We just know he ended in such state after not being able to play baseball, going to jail for something that Hwicheol run away from so he suffered.  But this was just the back story. He wants  Hwicheol to pay for everything that went wrong with his life.

CzQZKh8VEAACDi5.jpg
CzQZLWlUAAArsUk.jpg
ctto

Heu Jung Eun and Park Min Soo. Future kdrama superstars! Mark my words.

CzJhUQ-UUAAwxCU.jpg

A walk to remember... Geumbi and Jaeha's love and friendship is the most beautiful.

Love is is not measured how mature you are but how sincere you are  even at a young age. Jaeha after finding Geumbi is sick. He was there for her.

RT find a boy like jae ha who will be there for you.. Even when your sick, he'll play the violin-  Beethoven's Minuet

CzPZPJ9UUAAoExq.jpg
CzPZPKLUoAEPUF9.jpg

Heo Jung Eun. Park Min Soo, and Kang Ji Woo as Geumbi.  Jaeha, and  Hong Sil Ra and. The cuties will be the future of kdramas.

Cy0i8CTUkAAdMjz.jpg

On 12/7/2016 at 8:46 PM, jongski said:

I haven't even watch the sub yet already I'm in tears! Heo Jung Eun deserves best actress. the youngest star is currently best actress with current drama. This drama is best right now!.

Hi @jongski  I couldn't agree more this lil girl just keeps me in tears.. I don't know who suggested casting her bit that person deserves and award she's amazing to watch all her scenes are heartfelt and moving..

Just binge watched all 8 eps and my eyes r almost swollen shut from all that crying. What a heart-wrenching show, all thks to the superb acting by a little gal. I just have no words to describe her acting chops. Pure talent. If she doesnt win some acting awards for this show,  the voting committees must be deaf, dumb n blind.

my head hurts... ouch... 

13 hours ago, sava2sava said:

Hi @jongski  I couldn't agree more this lil girl just keeps me in tears.. I don't know who suggested casting her bit that person deserves and award she's amazing to watch all her scenes are heartfelt and moving..

it's you.. valsava, right? chingu! :D  Yes, Heo Jung Eun doing amazing job portraying her character. She's impressively portraying it like pro! I mean what's so good about her acting is we get to see range of emotion, from sad to happy  to fierce to depressed to determined to to scared then bravery and  nothing is overly done. She's  a gem!

3 hours ago, wen5471 said:

Just binge watched all 8 eps and my eyes r almost swollen shut from all that crying. What a heart-wrenching show, all thks to the superb acting by a little gal. I just have no words to describe her acting chops. Pure talent. If she doesn't win some acting awards for this show,  the voting committees must be deaf, dumb n blind.

my head hurts... ouch... 

I know right. In every episode.. we cry and every drop of tears is worth it! with the brilliant acting of  young  Heo Jung Eun as Geumbi and the rest of the cast! I agree this drama  and especially the acting, deserve  recognition. But of course we know.. others don't because they're watching something  else. It's sad they're not seeing what we're seeing. which s a drama that doesn't need any superstars but a drama worth watching for story, acting and the over all quality.

I finally got around to finishing episode 8.  I liked it more than 7, which I still think was a weird episode.

So we finally know what happened to Kang Hee's little sister...was I the only one who thought she was going to be kidnapped using the puppy as bait, though?  It was probably Signal that put that thought in my head, now that I think about it.

I did love when Geum Bi looked her mom straight in the eye and said she was going to keep performing ancestral rites for her, even though she's alive.  Kind of a cheeky "you're dead to me" or something.

On a morbid note (sorry!), I wonder...are we all assuming that this drama ends with Geum Bi's death?  That seems like the obvious way to go, but she'd have to go downhill real fast for that, wouldn't she?  I for one would be perfectly satisfied with an ending that lets us know that she's got her little family around her, no matter how sick she gets, and not seeing her die.  If I had more faith that any death scene would be handled with a light touch, it might be okay, but this drama is going to go for the tears, isn't it?  And it doesn't have to try so hard!  Clearly, everyone is crying already based on what you all are saying, lol.   

On 12/10/2016 at 3:07 AM, jongski said:

In ep 7,  We assume Geumbi knows already the Hwicheol knows she's sick. She had the hunch already when he gave her "super vitamin" aka her medicines to drink, and when he came back injured, she knows he's working even if he said he was "rock climbing." After that scene there was flash back to her conversation with the doctor asking how much medicine cost and doc told her 1,000 dollars.   So she knows what the meds are for and why he was working.  So in the next scene we see her telling fortunes to people passing by.

The problem is that I did not assume :)  To me, it felt like a really important plot point that she was trying so hard for so long to keep it a secret, and then suddenly it doesn't matter?  And if everyone just suddenly knows (and they all know that everyone else knows, lol), why go through all the "vitamin" stuff?  That's what throws me.  Obviously Geum Bi's a smart kid, and she would cotton on pretty fast that Hwi Chul knew, but all her worries about everyone knowing about her illness?  They just go away?

I think that's my objection.  There's so little plot (not necessarily a criticism: it's fine to have something more character-driven, if it's done well), that skipping that part seems like a big omission to me.  To make so much of her not wanting them to know, and him finding out against her will from the doctor, to then not even have them address that explicitly at all bothers me.  They're all keeping secrets from each other, and then they're not.  Poof.  Waste of some potentially interesting stuff, if you ask me.

On 12/10/2016 at 8:17 AM, jongski said:

Bloody Chisoo got beaten because he is rank low  bringing money back to mob boss ( cos I dunno what to call those thugs).  Again, the story doesn't dwell much on what  he does but it's probably same as Hwicheol but more hardcore.

I was guessing loan shark, or at least one of the guys in every drama ever who has to go out and collect money for the loan sharks.

@ecs707a thanks chingus. Now I know what they're called. Thanks for telling me. I was wondering  what they are so I refer them as mob thugs.  He he.

Geumbi's sickness Niemann- Pick.  As explained below. Her symptoms started to slowly manifest during the last episode. 

CzaGgJVXgAArjCf.jpg
At the start of this drama from Ep 1.. Geumbi knew that she had this disease and what will happen to her. It's the reason why she's memorizing subway stations :(
CzaGeNTWQAAgGR0.jpg

credit: E_3oOo

OMG! from the Ep 9 preview. Geumbi lost consciousness. Chisoo doesn't know about her condition.

CzVdeFQWQAEFh7i.jpg
CzVdeFSXgAAp7df.jpg
cr: jweekoi

No one else thinks they might not show her death?  Of course she's going to die (unless there's some ridiculous miracle cure out of nowhere), but I just wonder how far down the road of her decline we'll go in this drama.  It would be much more dramatic to have her die, but they could end it somewhere short of that too.

Also, all this paternity business.  So Hwi Chul's not the dad based on Joo Young's test results, but I wonder if Hwi Chul's says the same (and I wonder if that half-burned test result is going to make another appearance).  Hmm.  Why do I feel like it's kind of questionable to pick up a random hair and assume it's Geum Bi's?  Could just as easily have been Joo Young's own hair, since she was carrying all that stuff.

Anyway, good on Hwi Chul for just being her dad, regardless.  It took a while, but he got there.  Their little family makes me happy <3  More of that, less of the random stuff I don't care about, show.

Subbed ep09 preview from KBS World:

And the latest making video (7): daum tvpot link / official site link

That's pretty super-cute. :)

These two cuties are the best right now in kdrama. You need to watch to fully understand and appreciate. It's sweet and cute and comforting and funny and charming. It's understanding what she's feeling and knowing that she's sick and being there for your friend.

Because theirs is real beautiful story of love and friendship young Geumbi and Jaeha. I know that out of all that will be affected with her illness,  I worry about Jaeha.

A walk to remember...

Spoiler

Czg2jc2W8AAWOEA.jpg

To see  the ocean is Geumbi's request so Jaeha fulfilled that....

CzjX4gkUUAEOZYj.jpg

A love to remember. Love and friendship knows no age. It it sealed with a kiss....

CzjX3DXVEAAc9RV.jpg

And the promise to always be there. Jaeha was there at the Hospital waited for  Geumbi. And as they strolled the park, he comforted her with his music playing the violin.

Czf4UUJXAAAG22F.jpg

On 12/11/2016 at 8:58 AM, jongski said:

it's you.. valsava, right? chingu! :D  Yes, Heo Jung Eun doing amazing job portraying her character. She's impressively portraying it like pro! I mean what's so good about her acting is we get to see range of emotion, from sad to happy  to fierce to depressed to determined to to scared then bravery and  nothing is overly done. She's  a gem!

Yes @jongski it is I, How are you,  I must say what I like about her acting she can show a range of emotions that a lot of adults hasn't mange to grasp in this industry..Yes she's a gem and another up and coming top actress in the making right before my eyes..

EP 9 earlier. Raw.  But because sub takes a day. I'm gonna wait. In the mean time.... some BTS from Heo Jung Eun and Park Min soo aka young Geumbi x Jaeha

Cuties! cr: seolo

CzoztUyUoAIoZdt.jpg

Waiting for the sub. ep 9.  ep10 later.

I know what's going to happen later. I'm ready. Every drop of tears is worth it! And if I have to repeat myself.... for the nth time... Heo Jung Eun  deserves all the love and praise.  best actress right now with a current drama. If you're not watching this, you wouldn't understand. She is a gem!

CzkbOQNUcAA0rSZ.jpg

CzkakHiUoAAsQxi.jpg

edt: pic cto

Im so mad at the editing. It keeps switching scene some time make me thought did i miss something?

Every time that girl wandering alone on the street I always think how any adult can let that happen? She could be lost, be kidnapped, get to accident. How any adult let a 10 years old kid  go alone every where like that?

So the bad guy is the father. She end up with 2 mom, 2 dad. 

Geum Bi is stil amazing, the actresses are good but everything else is so sloopy @.@

Ep9 is the only episode that I was able to watch without crying.   She is telling the judge that she wants to live with her mom.  GeumBi feels sorry for her mother.  Poor girl couldn't get a break!

Please take all cancer factors out of this drama, it's ruining this drama, that's why rating can't higher.

This drama should be have higher budget. And can they clear the makeup of second male lead? They're too much, it's make I think that he is not a man. But he so lovely in press con pics.