[Drama 2016-2017] My Fair Lady (Oh My Geum-Bi) 오 마이 금비

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hate tear-jerker dramas! But, It's only 3 ep and I am already hooked.  I also select to watch the "Person Who Gives Happiness" and that is also tear-jerker".  

Oh Man!  I am in trouble!:bawling:

The both drama's little actress' are so talented. Especially the girl played as GB.  What a little gem!

So I'm done watching episode 3.   My tears flowed again. We're only episode 3 and she doesn't even have the dementia yet. Oh my gosh.. what more once she shows sign of the sickness.  Whew. 

At the hospital the doc found out  something unusual - liver and spleen swollen and when they did the CT scan and a possibility of metabolic disease Doc said they need to do biopsy.  Oh no. GC being stubborn and refused to do anything check up.  We'll probably have something more about that in the next episodes.  I  got teary eyed when  HC wanted to run away and just leave Geumbi.  She saw him   trying to leave, and she understood him.  " It's  alright"  she explained to him she won't tell the police, that he abandoned her, that she will just go to the orphanage. But  HC has a good heart, soft spot for Geumbi, he felt bad and guilty and  he abandoned his plan. 

We also see the the mysterious "friend" Chi Soo (Lee Jee Hoon) They used to be friends when they were young and I'm guessing here, CS is asking payback. My bet he was betrayed and left to rot in jail. And now that CS is out of prison...he wants to avenge something.  I can't decide yet whether he's good or bad character.

And  I just realized Park Jin Hee's character here - Kang Hee, is somehow the same at with her  tvn drama Memory she also lost a daughter in that drama. 

So in episode 3,  we know KH isn't the mother of  Geumbi.  There was  speculation that  Geumbi might be her daughter.  The mother is  Joo Young and the aunt  said  she fled to Spain 5 years ago.  KH wanted to keep a Geumbi until HC comes back to get her but the welfare said that isn;t possible and  she cannot  be foster parent as well.be cause she's single.  Doesn't matter  if she's rich. She is single and likely will not be permitted..   So correct me if I'm wrong  but n Korean law, to be able to adopt a child, one has to be married?

The last scene HC  running to catch up with Geumbi  as the car was moving to bring her to the orphanage.  When he finally caught up at a stop sign, out of breath HC  tapping hard on the window and Geumbi  saw him tears in her eyes  asked what took him so long. And when he fell to the ground, and stared at her, really stared at her, he reach out to touch her face. I cried.

This drama is the best right now.  devoid of any hallyu stars... which makes it even so much better.  The acting of Heo Jung Eun so excellent,. The expression, her monologues. What makes this better than the other current dramas airing is the over all quality. Nothing over the top. Good acting from everyone, the humor then the  poignant scenes. Some might  not agree, Depends on how one sees a drama.  If others haven't seen this, they wouldn't know how  good. It is.

Waiting for sub of episode 4.

On 11/24/2016 at 2:58 PM, bread90 said:

where can i download the ost

you can download the ost here

On 11/24/2016 at 2:21 PM, bread90 said:

Man,i just love geumbi.I need a sister like this.I will hug and protect her everyday.:bawling:

I dont watch other drama but this is one is strong story.I just hope this story will be 30 ep.Love it.

@0ly40  Btw thanks for ost.I dont understand but i can feel what geumbi feel right now.:cry:

10/10.

Anybody know geumbi kbs official page?i need it.Thank you guys.

official kbs page:

http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/myfairlady/index.html

Oh My Geum Bi Ep 4

Spoiler

2252838_article_99_20161124234204.jpg

jkldf.jpg

news 1 - Naver: 'Geum Bi', Heo Jung Eun learns that she has dementia 

1. [+1,294, -13] Hoping this drama ends happily so that it will give hope to children who have Niemann-Pick Disease

2. [+1,011, -13] My heart breaks for Geum Bi. Made me really sad when she went to the hospital alone, found out about her sickness and calmly said that her aunt abandoned her because of it..

3. [+794, -15] Made me sad how she calmly accepted that she is illㅜㅜ

4. [+602, -15] Geum Bi-ya, don't die ㅠㅠㅠ

5. [+525, -14] So sad seeing her calmly accepting that she has dementia ㅠㅠ

6. [+123, -2] There's a reason why she's memorizing the names of the subway stations

7. [+107, -7] I dropped Legend of the Blue Sea after 2 episodes~ Geum Bi is more heartwarming. Good job writer

8. [+93, -1] This kid's acting is on point

9. [+92, -1] I suppose Lee Ji Hoon will change gradually because of Geum Bi. Niemman-Pick is a scary disease, not only does it cause memory loss but there are 4 forms of the disease and there is currently no cure for it

10. [+93, -3] For a cheerful and mature kid to be suffering dementia, it's heartbreakingㅜ

And I just finished episode 4.Whew, So help me! I tell ya, I'm wiping my tears as I type this. This drama is really something!  this will make me cry a river!

The last scene....  when she went to the hospital alone  to see the doctor. She knew already she have the Niemann Pick disease! From episode one,  I can tell she knew she was going to lose her memory gradually cos she was  taught to memorize things. She explained to the doctor what the disease and said she's going to die before turning 20. My heart  really feels heavy. 

Heo Jung Eun deserves an award. Her acting is so good!

"THE FACT THAT SHE's THE ONLY ONE WHO KNOWS ABOUT HER DISEASE MAKES MY HEART HURT" (cr RT:boggumy)

Spoiler

CyFJfYyWIAAiV5r.jpg

CyFJfY6XgAAS86Y.jpg
CyFJfaEWIAA8Ub7.jpg
CyFJfaGXcAETfLe.jpg

So this episode 4   I was laughing and crying then smiling then crying!  I'm not ashamed to say this drama will have me bawling.

This episode had me me squee in delight with cute scenes of  Jae Ha and  Geumbi  It's soooo cute I cant.   And I thought Sang Ming and Yeontae of Five children was too damn otp precious,  along comes these two cuties.. mini otp friendship couple! So  adorable! And I can already feel  l

Heu Jung Eun. She's sooooo extra. the youngest female lead! she's so amazing!

Yeah Geum,bi., you tell cutie Jae Ha.

CyEiuCkVEAAL9l5.jpg

CyEC1hGUAAAAq5k.jpg

It was simple scene but  the impact, her expression, her words and how she explained it  made most of us teary eyed.

She new already. She refused the biopsy when she was at the hospital.  She didn't want to do it.

"People with the disease die before they turn 20"- Geumbi, Ep 4

CyExYWtUQAAgeYF.jpg

CyExbrBUcAIMXSI.jpg

I'm just reading all your recaps & comments on Ep4 (thank you for sharing) and I'm already tearing up and I'm still at work. I can already see myself bawling later when I watch it.

I know this is just a drama but because of the effectiveness of Heu Jung Eun, I'm so carried away. She's so good! And I'll never tire of praising her. 

:lol:Ahah the other 2 Dads from Superman Returns - YDG, In Gyojin made a cameo appearance in ep. 04:w00t: And good on ya Geumbi for initiating that first kiss... eheheh you go girl!:D She's such a mature kid even showing up at the doc's office personally to come clean on her ailment.. Please let her live Drama!!:tears:

On 11/25/2016 at 3:20 PM, minah_00 said:

I like the exchange between the daughter and father. Childish and funny. U're ugly. U're uglier. Hehehe. So cute. I saw on youtube those children who suffer from niemann pick disease. So sad.

The funny humorous bickering banter with Hwi Cheol and Geumbi provides us the  warmth, joyful happy scenes.

Spoiler

CyF0iDVUAAATmq2.jpg

CyF0jp-UcAAHtxi.jpg
CyF0mYXUQAQO6IK.jpg
CyF0op8UQAAEmEH.jpg

What set this drama apart from the others is the writing and the wonderful  and amazing acting of Heo Jung Eun nd the other cast compliments that. I like the writing for the this drama. The quality and  the way each characters responds to  scenes. 

They will explore the disease  as episodes go. We're beginning to see the symptoms affecting Geumbi. The hand  that she felt numb and so she drop the rol of spring from the kite.. When she was inside the car.. and it swerved, she felt it again.  And when the doctor attended a conference and remembered the her having the enlarge spleen and liver.... the doc wanted to  find out if she did the biopsy which she refused to do. Hwi Cheol is still  have no idea. 

What was so sad  and tearful about that last scene was the fact that she knew she had the disease.

Our hearts will hurt as we get to the part that she loses her memory.

6 hours ago, jongski said:

It was simple scene but  the impact, her expression, her words and how she explained it  made most of us teary eyed.

She new already. She refused the biopsy when she was at the hospital.  She didn't want to do it.

"People with the disease die before they turn 20"- Geumbi, Ep 4

Agree to that! When her aunt told his father at the airport whether Geum Bi has told him anything about her, she was hinted on the disease that she had.  It did break our heart seeing her visiting the doctor on her own and told him about his mother, his father and his aunt.  She has learnt to be independent a long time ago and now knowing what she has at this age.  It is very sad for us as viewers to see her go through this on her own for now.

10 minutes ago, Yongzura said:

Agree to that! When her aunt told his father at the airport whether Geum Bi has told him anything about her, she was hinted on the disease that she had.  It did break our heart seeing her visiting the doctor on her own and told him about his mother, his father and his aunt.  She has learnt to be independent a long time ago and now knowing what she has at this age.  It is very sad for us as viewers to see her go through this on her own for now.

The one I high light..  And that's what so touching.  Shew knew what's gonna  happen and she accepted it already. But she's  still the care free happy little girl.  She kept on memorizing things because she wants to remember while she can. It's gonna be even more be heart breaking  episodes to come.

I'm actually not familiar with the actor Lee Jee Hoon who plays  Chisoo.

I wonder if in this drama he'll help her or he's gonna be baaad.

"i dont like chisoo in the drama BUT I LOVE HIM IN REAL LIFE THIS IS SO CUTEEE " ( cr rt: mish)
CyFQX_IUoAAktMI.jpg
CyFQZUwVIAAS0Tc.jpg

On 25/11/2016 at 5:27 AM, jongski said:

So this episode 4   I was laughing and crying then smiling then crying!  I'm not ashamed to say this drama will have me bawling.

This episode had me me squee in delight with cute scenes of  Jae Ha and  Geumbi  It's soooo cute I cant.   And I thought Sang Ming and Yeontae of Five children was too damn otp precious,  along comes these two cuties.. mini otp friendship couple! So  adorable! And I can already feel  l

Heu Jung Eun. She's sooooo extra. the youngest female lead! she's so amazing!

Yeah Geum,bi., you tell cutie Jae Ha.

MOD EDIT: do not quote images

I wonder should i be the boy?:wub:

On 11/24/2016 at 11:56 PM, uncool said:

Thank @uncool @0ly40  but i dont know korean,maybe i just go to official kbsworld:

http://kbsworld.kbs.co.kr/programs/program_view.php?pg_seq=1076&vod_id=-4gcphiK-WY

or 

can you assist me how to comment at http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/myfairlady/index.html?

Archived