[Drama 2016] Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim 낭만닥터 김사부 Baeksang Best Director

pandalover1

Nawww KimMin Jae his def an upcoming star to look out for

10 hours ago, Blizzardistkaputt said:

Was the actor who played IB nominated for any acting award? He has the least number of dialogues but his character has to go through a wide range of emotions when he entered Doldam. However, I really could not catch at which point did he start to admire SJ. 

I really think IB is Teacher Kim's trophy. The scriptwriter puts it that way. It was Teacher Kim's last words to PD. "...even your IB thinks so too'. Ouch!

Chairman's secret: I don't get it.Why must it be a secret that Teacher Kim had saved the Chairman in the past?

Inregards to IB actor Yang Se Jong this is his first acting debut. So sadly new commer's no awards as yet though never say never. He will appear again in another SBS drama - Samidang, Light's Diary playing as the young lead's role. Be out on a look out for him... his got room to improve but I still love his robotic emotions and his bickering with DJ is so cute. :heart: the eyebrows and neck touching gestures I think I will remember those most. I wonder how he thought of those ideas lol! 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, angel2013 said:

FSPgVPK.jpg

One with the nurses in the hospital for the free hug event. See how happy the nurse next to YYS is!:tongue:

@Kasmic ahaha we are posting the same stuff around the same time! sighhh lingering feelings for this drama is real

Oh is the nurse uniform same as GDH hospital?. Our RDTK must have really touch the heart of our medical practioners.  They look so tired from duty and I salute them for still smiling and be giddy. But YYS and SHJ are excited too but just hiding in composure - Barley Couple looks so lovely.  I am imagining Dr LYJ's expression of appreciation about TK during their relationship -- its like she was describing DJ hahaha. 

Some definition on the word Byeon Oe Pyeon (번외편) use in  for Episode 21 in this drama

It is usually to denote Special Episode or literally an episode outside the count of episodes or external episode (e.g. 21) - Byeon Oe Pyeon (번외편)  derive from Japanese word 番外篇 , in Chinese it will be known as 號外篇)

It is common practice in Japanese drama to have an episode Special after a run of high ratings. This special episode can come in a form of a prequel or sequel to the original drama

Doldam Hospital address in Parangsae-gil, Sabuk-ri, Jeongseon-gun, Gangwon-do is a valid & existing address, although you may not find Doldam Hospital

I'm dragging this moment but here to share my final thoughts on this amazing and wonderful drama that I've spent every moment happily anticipating and watching it.

The writer nicely wrapped up almost everything we were asking about in this special episode or whatever you want to call it, so much so that the need for Season 2 is almost naught. But then they can always start on a whole new arc altogether!^_^

I really liked how they put in the cameos in this show, they were there not for the sake of just adding them or to add big names to it but every cameo is so totally a part of the story itself which is awesome.

TK really has high taste ya for women hehehe it was fitting for Kim Hye Soo to be his ex. When the two just share a quiet moment together as she leans down on his shoulder for some comfort and strength it was really romantic. Two outwardly strong person sharing their own weaknesses to each other is so beautiful. Haha though i would love to see them in their bickering days and then falling in love with one another, just like what Mgr Jang said its dejavu! cue KangDongJoo and YoonSeoJung. 

I love how this drama is not afraid to touch on sensitive social issues of current days. Thanks @anjelikaeyes13 for sharing your thoughts, its wonderful of you to support a HIV patient,I'm glad you find encouragement in this drama and *hwaiting*. Even with much more knowledge about HIV nowadays, I believe the prejudice towards them is still there and will always be there. And to bring in Kim Hye Soo as a "Doctors without borders" highlighting the real doctors who are endangering themselves while on these fields is so brilliant. I cannot even count how many times this show touched me with all these real life issues they are portraying and they resonate with viewers because it is all happening around us even right now. Really kudos to the writer, and the PD's for bringing a real life medical drama that never loses it focus even when the audiences wants more romance and love lines, though not totally abstaining from it like what they say, doctors need to love too right? but that is not their central focus so i can see why many left the drama early from here because they were only looking for romance in it.

But then I think they did just enough with DJ and SJ relationship to bring about that lightness of romance that we will never get tired of. Someone mentioned earlier, men and women think differently which is so true. While DJ is embarassed that he got rejected and refused to tell SJ about it, on the other hand SJ is over thinking(even without reading the letter) that DJ got an offer from US and is likely to leave soon(but we can also say that she has such confidence in DJ that he won't get rejected right?:wink:) So the cuteness prevails while she tries to create memories with him before he leaves and tries to act cool about it, DJ is disappointed that she is willing to let him leave like that! I love how DJ said it, "Even if I have to leave i won't leave alone." "How many years do you think we will live? Why do we want to spend our time apart?" "You should at least say to come with me or ask me to stay" I love his thinking this way. But of course, the sweetest moment was SJ finally say that "I love you" to him:wub: and them just enjoying each other's presence and flirting in the op room no less. Their selfies are for keeps! Its so beautiful, they do look compatible as a couple, gah I'm having barley tea couple poison :lol:

It was nice to see IB learning and growing, he made the right choice to stay in Doldam. Learning to take risks and learning to be a better doctor, I am so happy for him and for once he didn't have to shout at YH who is assisting him! But for him the greatest encouragement would have to be from TK right? Yes well done IB.

It was good to know the background story too how everyone ended up at Doldam,  glad that Dr Nam's case was finally settled but like what he said it may not be a total relief for him. How Nurse Oh and TK met was totally hilarious and creative, of all places, police station! and how they all started in Doldam was because of SeoJung! i was quite surprised at that, that TK first operation in Doldam was SeoJung! maybe that's why he and NO has a special affection for her. So TK basically spent close to 9 years wondering around before he stepped into Doldam!

It's finally time to say goodbye to this wonderful family, this amazing drama. And I want to thank everyone who are in this thread sharing with one another. I only started really participating actively in threads discussion since SHJ AOHY drama, before that I usually lurks, because sometimes I don't quite like some really awful discussions at times, But this thread has been so wonderful with such amazing people especially all you medial professionals or working in this field, you know who are you are, thank you for your contribution to society and to this thread. many times your sharing brings contemplation and also understanding or insight to ordinary people like us who work in different fields.Really wonderful people I met here.

Thank you all, and thank you <Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim> it was such a memorable journey, one that would stay with me for a long long time.

this drama never let me down in every single episode....thats quite rare. usually as good as a drama was, there always one or two episode that i am not very satisfied. from the wardrobe, the acting or even the situation. not happened in this drama...kudos for all the actors and the SW, PD and every single crew.

I am glad that there's no " iam happy here but i need to chase my dream first" for KDJ's case story. I am so relieved that the letter was about rejected of his writing instead of rejected of his school application which is always happened in 99% of drama.

I love how TK and KHS character reminiscent the past. its like an adult talking about how they overcome of their decision that probably they questioned sometimes. noone blamed noone....though i am worry that KDJ and YSJ will take the same path...i am glad they dont...

and I am happy that IB finally can find his own true self without his dad's shadow. TK success to help 3 people just in Doldam itself to found their true colour of their live.

all in all..this is the best drama 2016 for me ...

http://couch-kimchi.com/2017/01/18/romantic-doctor-teacher-kim-series-review/

An overall series review.

And *drums roll* the latest PD note is out with lots of goody images!

http://program.sbs.co.kr/pdNote/pdNoteEnd.do?pgm_id=22000009960&pgm_build_id=19505&pgm_mnu_id=46190#10000061807 here's the link, and here are some selected images!

lfdo912.jpg

our awesome trio

fC0AIcU.jpg

our fav barley tea couple

ElQLE46.jpg

and this super duper team that brought us such a fantastic drama!

Go to the link for more awesome pics!

"Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim" epilogue comes in first place, Han Seok-kyu and Kim Hye-soo synergy

photo809650.jpg"Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim" ended successfully in first place.

According to Nielsen Korea, the SBS drama "Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim" rated 27% on the 17th.

This is 0.6% lower than the previous episode but the highest rating drama out of all three ground wave channels.

Kim Hye-soo made a special appearance as Lee Yeong-jo, Kim Sa-bu's (Boo Yong-joo, Han Seok-Kyu) first love and made a strong impression.

KBS 2TV drama "Hwarang" rated 8.3% and MBC "Night Light" rated 3.5%.

http://www.hancinema.net/romantic-doctor-teacher-kim-epilogue-comes-in-first-place-han-seok-kyu-and-kim-hye-soo-synergy-102495.html

congratulations for beeing the best!!!

@angel2013 very well said about this forum.  I used to be in Soompi in the past - I was annoyed of the people. I forgot my account already. I only got back because of 1% and then I found this RDTK because HSK is very particular in his chosen project. So having him lured to do RDTK I was really so curious why. Again, I don't know YYS and SHJ --- they are not in my radar even AOHY. I know you like her but I felt she's a little bit violated there when it comes to the intimate scene. I practically evade it.  I know it was a good drama but I just can't take it. Sorry, I am really old fashioned.  I find RDTK and 1% a little bit with permission from each other :) . But I don't know. I will try and watch. 

romantic21-00345.jpg

Some information on the bottle/can coffee (Cantata - 칸타타 Americano & the favour choice) that Yun Seo Jung gave to Manager Jang as a token or bribe to squeeze information on Dr. Yi Yeong Joo (Kim Hye Soo) & Dr Song comes along & takes the coffee token as he know their history & past of Dr Kim & her

20120628000942_0.jpg

Cantata RTD (Ready-to-Drink) is a twist cap bottle or can coffee drink from Lotte. 

It is available in vending machine or convenience store warmer (bottles & cans are kept warm for the winter)

As for taste, it is a very very thin & weak & sweet coffee to a person like me who regularly drinks 4 shot Americano from Starbucks

I was here the day this drama started...without specific expectations...somewhere along this ride i lost wish to write  much here but i want to write a few words now that it ended.

I started to watch this drama coz of the main leads...i liked female lead from King's daughter SBH and mail lead stayed with me from Warm and cozy...have to admit that in first ep best part for me was last quarter...surprise kiss scene and lead couple chemistry was so great :wub:...the way things got complicated with accident and SJ disappearance

Later on slowly i grew to love every and each character in this drama...every medical case they had...despite a lot of scenes with organs at the open and 'blood'...not even once got on my mind to FF or skip any sec of it

Even with evil Do whom i wished to strangle most of the time...but actor did a really great job here just like all guys who were lovable

20.5 eps just flew so fast...i will definitely recommend this drama ...it is worth to watch...in general

I'm glad my guys, whom i trusted to begin with in this drama, were special add what gave spice to this hole story...i know i'll repeat their scenes from time to time in the future :wub:

All of them did a great job...tnx guys :)...get together again and make another round :wink: 

Im so sad it's over... I will miss them dearly. Truthly, I never expected that I would enjoy this show. It was YYS whom lured me here. Now Ive grown to enjoy all of these actors/ actresses and will def look out for their next projects.

Ive met new friends here too and I thank you all for enjoying this ride with me. Thank you all for your updates, analysis, laughs, gif(ts) and experiences in contributing to this thread. Hope to catch you all again and please dont be shy- Im so bad with names so give me a wave if we do bump in. :D

SHJ dancing is soooo funny - I love her sense of humor

I leave the final making vid... I feel like YH too :cold_sweat:  EDIT- opps @anggun11 posted it already 

1 hour ago, anjelikaeyes13 said:

@angel2013 very well said about this forum.  I used to be in Soompi in the past - I was annoyed of the people. I forgot my account already. I only got back because of 1% and then I found this RDTK because HSK is very particular in his chosen project. So having him lured to do RDTK I was really so curious why. Again, I don't know YYS and SHJ --- they are not in my radar even AOHY. I know you like her but I felt she's a little bit violated there when it comes to the intimate scene. I practically evade it.  I know it was a good drama but I just can't take it. Sorry, I am really old fashioned.  I find RDTK and 1% a little bit with permission from each other :) . But I don't know. I will try and watch. 

wow 'violated' is a strong word, what do you mean she is violated in the intimate scene, you mean the first kiss scene? bec the second kiss scene was consensual and they don't have much intimate scene actually in this drama much lesser than what people hope for actually. It's ok to share your thoughts, some do have conservative views but I thought 1% has a lot more kissing and intimate scene than RDTK? although I didn't watch that. SHJ is a professional actress,they will follow the script as it is written, that's what actresses does. If anything, it will be the script or what the director requires that is controversial bec basically actors do what they are told to do. I like that both YYS and SHJ kiss genuinely in the drama bec I really can't take what is describe as 'dead fish kiss'  so maybe I am more open-minded or western educated if you could say ^_^ No worries I won't take offence unless you talk bad about SHJ hahaha sorrie mother hen protective gear kicks in.:D

I finally watched prequel with sub. I still don't want to end this show, so i doubt to start watch it.

Until the last episode, they keep gave another case of patient. But i keep excited whenever they starting to do an operation. I just feel it take too much time in prequel because i want more time for description of each characters.

So, KSB and Nurse started work in Doldam because YSJ? So who the previous doctor in Doldam?

I like the way they relate KSB's romance with DongSeo romance. As Dong Joo said, it just old though to separate for their own vision.

I like the photos session, their reaction when YSJ asked them to selca. The way KSB stared to Dong Joo, if he suggested YSJ to do it. And Nurse Oh respon suddenly gave a pose when YSJ started to shot, just like us infected "virus selca".

The sweetest moment from Barley Tea Couple when Seo Jung finally said "saranghae" to Dong Joo that made his heart melted. Especially Seo Jung cute voice when said "Dr. Kang?"

She just remembered the word "sorry" from that letter:lol:

This just me or not, i prefer relation of KSB and Nurse Oh rather than KSB and his first love. Especially the scene in police office, i feel this sweetest moment of them.

My impression for RDTK: this show made us gave so many expect and assume, which sometimes our expect too excessive, example relating KSB and CS have a 'special' relationship or others. But, in fact they just a doctor and patient who had met in the past. But we can accept and enjoy it all, that's the charm of RDTK.:D

4 hours ago, angel2013 said:

wow 'violated' is a strong word, what do you mean she is violated in the intimate scene, you mean the first kiss scene? bec the second kiss scene was consensual and they don't have much intimate scene actually in this drama much lesser than what people hope for actually. It's ok to share your thoughts, some do have conservative views but I thought 1% has a lot more kissing and intimate scene than RDTK? although I didn't watch that. SHJ is a professional actress,they will follow the script as it is written, that's what actresses does. If anything, it will be the script or what the director requires that is controversial bec basically actors do what they are told to do. I like that both YYS and SHJ kiss genuinely in the drama bec I really can't take what is describe as 'dead fish kiss'  so maybe I am more open-minded or western educated if you could say ^_^ No worries I won't take offence unless you talk bad about SHJ hahaha sorrie mother hen protective gear kicks in.:D

@angel2013 yes strong words I used for the drama AOHY.  At that time of showing.  I still can't watch it. I'm already hooked with Barley Couple. 

As for 1% I was in the forum already and read thoughts of different people who like you are open minded and very cool. I will try to watch AOHY in future - After I let go of Barley Couple. I never said anything bad of SHJ. Hahaha. Sorry fans of AOHY.  

@anggun11 yes I think so. But again I can't watch now. Hehehe. Also yes, I'm missing them. 

Archived