[Drama 2016] Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim 낭만닥터 김사부 Baeksang Best Director

pandalover1

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, gerrytan8063 said:

@andy78

" THANKS I COULD NOT READ THE LETTER "

From screen cap....from the letter, Kang Dong Joo wrote some article hoping to get published but was rejected.....not from what I had indicated from the glance at live stream in my previous post where I read the first line

Hi Dr Kang

We are very sorry for sending these kinds of letter to you

In spite of your great articles cited by several journals, we regret to announce your application was rejected this time

We are not able to invite you at this time but we will keep your name.....

Thank you so much for this, clarifying what the letter was, so its for article publication.

@drmjs you're so right, this drama is so good! that's why I am still having lingering feelings

And I must say TK is a happy and proud teacher today too and awww finally IB got praised! and its nice to see YH assisting IB for the op. He won't scold her in the op theater right?:D

Ottokke I am already too invested in each one of them! now i will miss them like crazy every monday and tuesday:bawling:

Yes @angel2013 Nurse Oh and her glasses was too funny. She even had her angry tone which I had to laugh again then top it off with KSB in black leather jacket :lol:

But my hightlight was Barley couple when SJ finally said the words he wanted to hear most..:heart:This is sooooo cute...

Im going to miss them so much .... I believe these pics were for us fans :heart:

C2YPKKtUUAAab7g.jpg

cr audrey9292 in twitter

10 minutes ago, Kasmic said:

Yes @angel2013 Nurse Oh and her glasses was too funny. She even had her angry tone which I had to laugh again then top it off with KSB in black leather jacket :lol:

But my hightlight was Barley couple when SJ finally said the words he wanted to hear most..:heart:This is sooooo cute...

Im going to miss them so much .... I believe these pics were for us fans :heart:

cr audrey9292 in twitter

Ah yes my fav too! I was like omg she finally said it after DJ say like how many umpteenth time? :blush: and they *cough* flirting in the room(dunno what room is it called-the one where they practice their skills?) sigh like what I sadi earlier, it would be perfect if they just top it off with a kiss lol :lol:

Ohhh... so sad i late join tonight..:(

There's a problem with my internet signal, i can't streaming even browse internet...

Anyway thanks all about update tonight. There's no more Nagman's Day???i'll miss the feeling on every monday and tuesday like before...:(

Hope to see u all again in season 2

59 minutes ago, andy78 said:

Thanks all @drmjs @supergal99 @Kasmic for your hard work!I'm happy i was part of same team with all you...group hug!!!I hope we will meet again soon...new sbs drama seems interesting...who will join me?

ME!!! wait I might rest up a bit but I'm already there. I cant miss JiSung kekeke! Opps slightly OT.. but Im so worried for him. He has so much pressure to maintain the top ratings esp since RDTK has done such a marvellous job. 

One more photo of Doldam doctors

fa84a3047c4baaa2be45b8c4078e0e96.png

More cake for the after party..btw did anyone notice if HSK was he there at the party?:huh:

C2XDMyGVIAAGbiQ.jpg

Interesting title for ep 21- Appendix

bb7bfeb8dec3eb7dec7d3f185e50b32d.png

3 hours ago, gerrytan8063 said:

From screen cap....from the letter, Kang Dong Joo wrote some article hoping to get published but was rejected.....not from what I had indicated from the glance at live stream in my previous post where I read the first line

Hi Dr Kang

We are very sorry for sending these kinds of letter to you

In spite of your great articles cited by several journals, we regret to announce your application was rejected this time

We are not able to invite you at this time but we will keep your name.....

thanks @gerrytan8063...so happy to see you here for the last ep...a special thanks for you and  all friends i might forgot to mention about i had a wonderful time!

Was the actor who played IB nominated for any acting award? He has the least number of dialogues but his character has to go through a wide range of emotions when he entered Doldam. However, I really could not catch at which point did he start to admire SJ. 

I really think IB is Teacher Kim's trophy. The scriptwriter puts it that way. It was Teacher Kim's last words to PD. "...even your IB thinks so too'. Ouch!

Chairman's secret: I don't get it.Why must it be a secret that Teacher Kim had saved the Chairman in the past?

Some Impressions on Episode 20

Finales always carry the burden of high expectation, every awesome drama should have an equally awesome ending to cap off its excellent run. RDTK certainly gave us a fitting ending. Episode 21 was really more about crossing their T's and dotting their I's and Barley Tea Couple fan service with selfies galore. Lol.

At first, I really wanted SJ to learn about her late fiancé' infidelity. But when I saw how they tackled that arc, with SJ calmly sipping coffee with the nurse who was once involved with her fiancé, that whole arc seemed suddenly inconsequential. Why? SJ's struggle to be whole again would have felt hollow. Upon learning of his infidelity, she might have to struggle with righteous anger and would develop trust issues which may ruin her current state of happiness with DJ. Also, the nurse seemed sad, she only had the kid to remind her of the dead guy. So further explanation for SJ at that point was unnecessary. SJ looked contented with DJ, it was all that mattered.

As for PD, oh how the mighty have fallen. More than being made accountable to the law (which I suspect will just be cake walk for PD because he has a whole coterie of hospital lawyers to back him up), we saw PD publicly humiliated by TK himself. TK asked him to give up his bid for chairmanship, to step down and clean up after himself, this ultimately crushed PD's gigantic ego. After their epic word war, we saw a quiet shift of allegiance, by the doctors to TK, they all flocked to him, hoping to bask in some of his reflected glory. Lol. However this infuriated PD some more, which was why he attacked TK, caveman style, for everyone to see. PD lost his last shred of dignity when he was ignominiously threw TK to the ground and fought with him mano y mano. PD's fall from grace continued when he tried to do damage control by kneeling in front of the chairman while asking for tolerance, he unwittingly exposed his illegal activities which earned the ire of Chairman Shin. TK knew how to play the long game, PD clearly didn't. 

DIB's arc was brilliantly executed. We saw IB's journey to achieve independence, his quest to be comfortable in his own skin and his simple wish to be a good doctor all come into fruition. When he finally found the courage to walk out of his father's shadow (actually he literally walked out on his father in the end) he already found his calling. So he's a mean task master (he reprimands YH within reason, he doesn't do it simply to put her down, she really screws up) and he can be short tempered at times, but he is DIB, no longer just PD's son. 

On Nurse Park. I really wish they didn't have to make him seem petty and out of line. He is a brilliant nurse protege following in the footsteps of the venerable Nurse Oh and yet he doesn't have a strong grip over his emotions. What Nurse Park did, having an all out word war with DIB simply doesn't happen in real life. His behavior, imo, was unprofessional. I guess he's young and he still needs to learn from NO but really, they didn't have to do that to NP's character.

The chairman's secret, the one he kept hidden from TK, was the fact that he was once his only savior? Knowing TK's true nature, it will simply be chalked up to being "all in a day's work " for him, so why did he keep that fact hidden from TK? Was he scared it may pressure TK unnecessarily? He trusts TK implicitly right? 

I'm going to give my take on TK at some future point, after I've seen episode 21 with subs. So I'll end with the cute for now. How awesome was DJ being all territorial and jealous? His immediate denial and assurance to SJ that the whole YH and IB revelation won't affect their relationship was too cute, especially when he said "never!" followed by a heartfelt "saranghae" Awww...SJ is one lucky lady. 

Episode 21 - amazing writing! Can KHS do the second season? Hahaha I am now embarrassed --- I said I don't want season 2 for my some thoughts episode 20 which I have not posted.

Further,   I am attached to this episode with regards to HIV positive patient. Apparently, I am supporting an HIV patient. She's like a daughter me. She's so young to have wrong choices because of wrong environment but with support team and doctors helping out with her now ----  it sure has taken an event in her life. Prejudice can really kill a person and thank you from the bottom of my heart writernim. You nailed it.

IB you are really growing up and using your name.  Standing up about your lying.  Good you have a family that gives you a chance to change.  Oh writernim thanks for showing that too --- everyone has a chance to redeem him/herself. 

IB and YH ---- good partnership! Haha I will think these two will have a future. Just stay around IB and just be patient with his hang ups. Hahaha.  NP apologies but I think you are  "family zoned" or did I misunderstood that you really intend her only as family in DDH because you said ---- at my age, they correct because of my mistake and not my age. I know the difference being put down of the person or its correction.  Ah I believe so NP. IB  misunderstood you also. Hahaha.

So romantic powerful deep talk between TK and LYJ --- about their life's choices. Caution for our DDH couple haha. All they need is to talk. Women always assume and men when their embarassed allow them to process how to make a joke of their embarrassment.  Also good of DJ if he goes to somewhere elese he plans to bring his SJ anywhere. I believe on this situation. Okay --- still finishing episode 10-20 episode round 2 full episodes. I am not getting tired. I'll miss them terribly! 

Impressions of Episode 20 --- (PS I said I don't want Season 2 --- but watching episode 21 --- oh wow I am shipping the rally to have season 2.  Apparently, our writernim is so good in preparing risky episode of different hospital procedures and how it impact non medical practioners like me.  By the way, all medical practioners out here I salute your dedication of service and still having life watching with us! 

I would like to give appreciation to the producer, writernim, director and team of casting directors, music score etc who conceptualize this drama for research, for spending money to get consultants, preparing props that looks so real and more research and the characters from Han Suk Yu to Lee Kyo Ho (Mr Goo). The Lead and supports down to the "small" actors would not make this big drama possible thank you really! I hope our appreciation will reach to them. 

Many of us thinks that RDTK has many open holes and should not end - or wanting season 2.  I know everyone will not agree to me that this was one of the finale I didn't I expect to like and then encouraged me again to practically watched the full episodes before I practically write my thoughts. From the beginning to end the storyline is real romance.  Love have different ways --- Eros, Philia, Storge and Agape and this drama showed it all. Teacher Kim learned and wanted to share it as far as he can reach. This is a romance people will have the hard time to understand but we will understand. We will be like Kang Dong Joo being too focused on a love that he only knows, will understand.  I am not saying its a bad love but just too limited. 

Again - the first scene was an exaggerated conversation of two people. I actually preferred it televised etc but in end people will forget. Its gratifying that writernim didn't write it that way.  Because the effect of PD's conversation with TK in the end will not be fulfilling/satisfying; IB choosing to use his name instead of being his "father's son." SJ not going back to PD when she looks for his acknowledgement since episode 1.  Goosebumps actually when TK laugh walking away; IB not turning back to PD; and SJ bow down in respect even PD disregard her.  It's easy to heal physically if you are rich like PD but it would take a life time to heal in this situation. You see these 3 people are important people to PD. Their choices affected PD's life. PD claimed they are all indebted to him but its actually not true. These three learned to stand to their choices and these choice are all heartbreaking to PD plus PD scarred these three for long time yet they found how to let their scars/disappointment, a divine appointment. It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone - R.F Kennedy.  Yes their wounds are never gone but they use it to show unconditional love. Another says also "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars." ---KGibran.  I believe all three are strong souls at the end of the show.  May I also commend DIB's satiating moment when he was sandwiching his thoughts before going to his final decision to stay in DDH -- I was proud being your son; using your name... But in DDH "Your name does not work there."

As for DJ "The best people all have some kind of scars." --- KCass.  The scar that DJ has was because of the system. But I know he very much understood this time. Twice is so much. We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen as much. He has to listen this time and continue growing one of the best (not just good). Actually, he knows already how to handle his surgeries, more calm than ever that even DIB already submitted he can learn so much from him. 

Okay enough of being master Oogway. Hahaa.

Other scene was the ever epic jealousy and actions of DJ-SJ (1) the handsome doctor saying hi to SJ (DJ: I'm watching") (2) DJ asking IB's type and he learned it was SJ (3) he learned that Dr Woo likes her (3) DJ too too overly protective of TK (4) former colleagues noticing DJ-SJ too close to each other when TK was brought to ER (5) sweet capturing of DJ of SJ singing (6) I love you assurance of DJ to SJ (SJ said okay really feeling assured of DJ's love. How can you not fall in love with this guy. 

For TK - along the years of hurt --- He knows when he is okay or not. I am glad he emphasized it to her daughter SJ. Waaahhh --- a family stick together. 

Overall I am repeating now 10-20 hehehe. Round 2 continuously. Just finished episodes 1-9.

Woow...didn't expect it but it was really great episode :thumbsup:

If they decide to make season 2 i want that Kim ex on board for sure :)...lady rocks!

Last SJ&DJ romantic scene was really funny and good...i decided to let you go...where?...i'm not going anywhere at least not without you...SJ time to say i love you...great ...i adoooooooooooore this couple :wub:

Just to drop some pics from Doldam family and wrap up party! be back again later with comments and thoughts for the end of the drama *sobs*

qWKI4BW.jpg

our ninja master kim only appearing in the wrap up party and not the red carpet lol

cpbWGfh.jpg

one great family pic! missing them already ah Mr Goo got flowers hehehe

p3bBoLV.jpg

and one with the PD's/production team

Archived