What happened to points and our ranks?

Guest emme85

Question

Guest emme85

Hi,

Some of my friends mentioned about our points decreased and down-ranked too.. So I went to check it..

In my case, my points decreased from 33k+ to 17k+.. I lost half of the points I got in 6 months! and I was 'Immortal' rank before too and I'm back being a 'Legend' now..

What happened?

18 answers to this question

@emme85 @stargazer187 @rubie @Aziraphale @evie7 @Jillia @Harukogirl

Hello people!

Our forum provider pushed a massive update on our platform without telling us beforehand.

This causes reputation points and post counts to be inaccurate along with possible demotions and user's history wiped off clean.

Everything should be restored back to normal in a few days. Sorry for the inconvenience!

@dhia205 Could it be that you just lost the points you accumulated during the system update?

Cause that's what happened with me. Since yesterday evening (my time zone) my original points that I had before the update and were significantly reduced due to the system update were restored. I was back to exactly the number of points I had before the update. But unfortunately it seem like all the points I received during the update are gone now.

@Hanyeoun could it be that the update itself caused this minor glitch? It's like everything that happened during the update was frozen and not counted.

while some of you are already corrected, why my poin got reduce?? :sweatingbullets:

i just notice this actually..and i just lost about 800+. but i'm just a bit curious, because it decrease since yesterday.. wasn't like everybody else.. ^_^

On August 10, 2016 at 9:35 AM, Hanyeoun said:

@emme85 @stargazer187 @rubie @Aziraphale @evie7 @Jillia @Harukogirl

Hello people!

Our forum provider pushed a massive update on our platform without telling us beforehand.

This causes reputation points and post counts to be inaccurate along with possible demotions and user's history wiped off clean.

Everything should be restored back to normal in a few days. Sorry for the inconvenience!

UPDATE to my post:  As I left this post, my status was corrected. I now have my original status.  Thank you @Hanyeoun!

On August 10, 2016 at 2:08 AM, emme85 said:

Hi,

Some of my friends mentioned about our points decreased and down-ranked too.. So I went to check it..

In my case, my points decreased from 33k+ to 17k+.. I lost half of the points I got in 6 months! and I was 'Immortal' rank before too and I'm back being a 'Legend' now..

What happened?

@emme85, Same thing happen to me today.  It cut my reputation points in half and I'm back to 'Legend' too. I was using the search engine when it happened.  I will also say that the search engine needs some work too.

5 hours ago, ruzikie said:

gosh i lost 14K points ? where is it ? why it's gone ? is there something wrong with Soompi lately since i've been away for a couple of months ? :(

bwahaha you also sis??? i thought i was the only one earlier... hahaha 20K less... anyways mod @hanyeoun already posted the anouncement. hope all

will be back to normal soon :) cheer up!

Same here. :sweatingbullets:

Points down from 59K to 17K and Status changed from Immortal to Legend. Fan level still the same though, Rainbow.

But I've also seen members with points (60K) still intact.

Feels like being fined with the points reduction. Soompi 'Immortals' are not immortal. user posted image

26 minutes ago, emme85 said:

Hi,

What happened?

The same thing happened to me and few people in thread I've been active in. I lost about 40% olf my points - went from over 1700 to 1100 . Others in my thread lost a lot more, like emme85 - @nonski went from 36k+ to 27k points, and @ilwoo_aein lost over 40k points.

Would appreciate some info on what happened...

Archived