[Weekend Drama 2016] Laurel Tree Tailors 월계수양복점신사들 ~ Starring Cha In Pyo, Ra Mi Ran ~

tikamacika

Guest my2centsworth
10 minutes ago, papulichan said:

So true !! I really liked how YS is candid and blunt with DJ over her sentiments about the shop/business and Mr. Lee's desires.  As for, DJ, he slowly but surely is coming to realize how revered his father is among his friends/customers and employees. With YS trying her best to sustain the tailor shop and Mr.Bae going to an extreme( the whole brawl and jail incident...hahaha) to fulfill his desire to once again to be working in the tailoring business, I reckon DJ will eventually come through his own love for his family and his father's legacy.

Btw, why do I have this itchy feeling that DJ's step mom-in-law and his uncle has a past of their own. Remember how DJ's mom unknowingly mentions  to  Dongsook about how if Han Eun-sook ( Ms.Ko) buys the shop, how would she answer to the departed soul of their uncle?? Hahaha.....maybe that thought might just keep me occupied until the next episode.:)

Oh Yeah......can't wait till their past is revealed. DJ's mom knows all about her, her history with the shop  and how she seduced DJ's father-in-law and had two children with him. By the way both kids must be related to the looney tunes...lol :blink:

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, ororomunroe said:

Which weekend drama did you complete? 

I haven't watched the latest episodes but I'm really glad they're getting good ratings. As for Miran, after two failed businesses, I can understand why she would stick to the tried-and-true. Would anyone really be willing to risk their finances for the third time? I know I wouldn't. 

Ojakgyo Brothers!  Possibly not a surprise ;)  I've watched so many others, and even liked some of them, but nothing ever made me feel compelled to finish.  So we'll see how this one goes.  Going to start episode 3 soon.

Did everyone see this BTS photo already?  I'm still kind of stumbling blindly around since I'm totally spoiler allergic, but I didn't see this one when I scrolled through...

8pA3ZuY.jpg

From KBS News

Guest my2centsworth
9 hours ago, valsava said:

So do this means that joe boxer will be coming with her husband to work in the tailor shop..

:blush: So funny MissV. No, she will probably set up a chicken stand on the corner....lol  :grin:  So now we call her "Joe Boxer".....Love it.....lol  :heart:

Hello chingus! jongski checking in! :D

Yes finally! I'm doing  6 episode marathon of this drama! Checking the youngest of the tailor ... Tee Yang.  Done with with ep 1. Interesting! I always like to see gentlemen in suits!  There's funny silly moments in this. I actually saw the 2-4 marathon episodes on KBSWorld (but real like beckons) wasn't able to watch everything..only up to the  scene where they were in the vineyard.  She's eating grape picking.  I wanna do that do. I lurrrvs grapes!  So far I like.. More of my thoughts after ep 2-6 binge.

2 minutes ago, jongski said:

Hello chingus! jongski checking in! :D

Yes finally! I'm doing  6 episode marathon of this drama! Checking the youngest of the tailor ... Tee Yang.  Done with with ep 1. Interesting! I always like to see gentlemen in suits!  There's funny silly moments in this. I actually saw the 2-4 marathon episodes on KBSWorld (but real like beckons) wasn't able to watch everything..only up to the  scene where they were in the vineyard.  She's eating grape picking.  I wanna do that do. I lurrrvs grapes!  So far I like.. More of my thoughts after ep 2-6 binge.

@jongski  Do hurry and catch up chingu were waiting for you, I find this drama interesting we will see men from all walks of life end up there.. 

.Oh I remember now it was EP 3 that I watched  with the grape picking thing.

16 minutes ago, valsava said:

@jongski  Do hurry and catch up chingu were waiting for you, I find this drama interesting we will see men from all walks of life end up there.. 

Ha ha. I'm done already. Quick huh?! I 'breezed' thought it.  Actually, I'm on ep 2 and FF it and the rest of the episodes. It seemed interesting when I watched the episodes on  KBSWorld.. but  but  but. After ep 2  I still prefer Blow Breeze  for socio politic depth and story and acting of leads... even if it's makjang..ha ha.  

Oh well,  lets all enjoy dramas whichever one we prefer. We love kdramas after all :D 

1 hour ago, jongski said:

.Oh I remember now it was EP 3 that I watched  with the grape picking thing.

Ha ha. I'm done already. Quick huh?! I 'breezed' thought it.  Actually, I'm on ep 2 and FF it and the rest of the episodes. It seemed interesting when I watched the episodes on  KBSWorld.. but  but  but. After ep 2  I still prefer Blow Breeze  for socio politic depth and story and acting of leads... even if it's makjang..ha ha.  

Oh well,  lets all enjoy dramas whichever one we prefer. We love kdramas after all :D 

@jongski  I agree blow breeze is a much more interesting story but I try and find comedy in this but it's not there the female lead I'm not liking her wishy washy character but it's still early in the drama maybe she'll grow on me..  But I do look forward to what joe boexer wil do next whom else she's going to get into a fight with..

Guest my2centsworth
12 hours ago, valsava said:

Oh Yes....do hurry. Remember you from another forum, sorry I don't remember which one.   But great to see you again. This is a great drama and yes eating grapes right off the vine is wonderful. You have to experience it once in your life. I have fond memories of that as a child as well as apples and picking strawberries. Pick one....each one....so much fun. Bring back many wonderful  memories as this drama does too with all the flashbacks of the old man, MS remembering his father and growing up in that shop.

I think I am behind you all in this drama, because I am watching on KBW World.

I still get a kick out of Ra Mi-Ran/Cha In-Pyo couple. They seem so mismatched. I wonder if we will get a background of their story.  But I love them both as actors.

IMG_0317.jpg

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

On 9/13/2016 at 1:40 PM, my2centsworth said:

NO MORE POOP SCENES......PLEASE ! ! !  But I do think there will be more weird scene between DJ and YS. Love the looks they exchange with each other. And did you notice the strange look DJ's wife gave YS?  Something is a brewing......lol   It is simmering now !

finally got around to watching this week's episodes and wondering if the writer has a toddler/granddaughter in that age who may be in toilet training. or is the writer having some stomach issue and wearing adult diapers?.. otherwise, it seems strange to be seeing so MANY poop scenes in a drama!!! :sweatingbullets:

On 9/13/2016 at 2:12 PM, dekaron said:

DongJin's wife has no forethought, she constantly belittles and lashes out on her husband ( and family ) without realizing that if he goes away she end up without anyone by her side most likely losing out to stepmom and sibling

seriously no? wonder what is her deal -- why is she open that he means nothing to her? does his feelings matter so less to her? does she not believe in love and marriage because her father took another woman while her mom was alive? does all relationship simply a business transaction for her? dong jin does not wish to be treated like a butler or handler by his wife but other than disappointment, he almost seems resigned to his fate. why? does his heart not hurt? does he not feel a dent in his pride? was success so important to him that it does not matter if the marriage is loveless? how did he end up with this chick who cares only about owning the company as her ultimate revenge over her stepmom and half?step?siblings... makes me wonder if it was a kind of arranged marriage and perhaps he was never in love with her. if his father-in-law thought of him as a son and found his own biological son a poor heir, maybe, he thought dong jin would make a great substitute and he solved the issue by getting him married to his daughter....

awww, tae yang -- how are you becoming one of my favourite characters in this drama? did anyone feel awww when he said that he couldn't argue with his ex because her points actually made sense to him? that he could not afford love as he is unemployed? has anyone ever felt like that? like you are robbed of the right to speak because you don't have money/job? :tears: but what is with his ex -- she said she would rather let go of love then hope. it seemed like an odd thing to say. what exactly does she mean by hope? hope for a better future? isn't hope and love interrelated?

thinking-red-crab

On 9/13/2016 at 11:19 AM, papulichan said:

Okay , how many of you here shed a tear or two during that heartfelt scene when Yeon-sil along with Dong jin goes to deliver the suit to the haraboeji customer. The man who finally got to be the owner of a gorgeous suit even if it was in the twilight of his life and found immense happiness in it……

even though the scene felt rather deliberate in the way it is constructed -- you know the PD wants viewers to cry at that scene, it was still very moving. perhaps, it was the simplicity of it all? or maybe the idea of a man having some pride at the end of it all in something simple like a good suit and feeling a sense of accomplishment. but the old man just cant seem to stop making suits even in the monastery. I was wondering what he was doing stitching suits in a monastery for but then you see him delivering a suit to a groom who is physically challenged - a person who might find it difficult to get a ready made suit that fits him well due to his disability. so for man sol, making suits is about giving men their pride, face, dignity and shield. I like how the writer and PD is expounding that idea of suits being more than just clothes in such a simple way instead of knocking us on the head with it...

On 9/12/2016 at 2:46 AM, AlexMao said:

Now with Kang Tae Yang & Choi Ji Yoon ... I expect there to be some lingering on Kang Tae Yang's part but at the same time he doesn't really have the time to fester too long and focus on his future. Now I suppose the real question is who is Kang Tae Yang could to end up with? Will it be Kim Dae Jung or Min Hyo Sang. I would say both have chemistry but given the messiness of his currently/former relationship with Choi Ji Yoon and simply the down-to-earth nature of Kim Dae Jung I'd rather them go that route than say Min Hyo Sang who doesn't appear all that different from Min Hyo Joo, meaning he needs less drama and more "college" "puppy dog" love to bring back his happiness.

am actually liking the idea of pairing taeyang with the ditzy sister-in-law rather then hair salon niece. no company for lunch gal is ditzy in a fun way and her pairing with him would provide a lot of comedy whereas hair salon girl has still brains and knows which customers are morons and snobs. so level headed + level headed = not as entertaining to watch. ditzy + level headed = comedy!!! :w00t: besides the comic value, I can see the pairing work. tae yang feels like a failure because he has no job or money but part of me wonders if he will end up at meesa apparels and running the joint with ditzy sister-in-law. for all her ditzyness, she is passionate about the company and what it means -- she is actually offended that he might have shown up drunk and is nonchalant about losing the opportunity. she recognizes good suits and takes pride in the company. and after he gets a good training at the tailor shop, meesa might be a good place for him and they would probably work very well together as they have a joint passion... it would be a great way to give ji yun a slap -- she dumps him thinking he is a loser and look how life turns out kind of situation.... but it is still early days, lets see how it turns out....

@Lmangla I don't really see Kang Tae Yang running Meesa Apparels but if Min Hyo Sang is willing to take him under her wings I can certainly see them growing closer and eventually falling into something special in their own right. Lots of bumps and bruises along the way mind you would make for a more interesting story for these two. Where would that leave Kim Dae Jung? 

As much as I want to see Choi Ji Yoon get tossed to the side like Kang Tae Yang was I'd rather them not waste precious screen time on that no-good Hong Ki Pyo. I would rather they spend it on Sung Joon & Lee Dong Sook bizarre little arrangement or Lee Dong Jin & Na Yoon Shil building the tailor shop.

Guest my2centsworth

Great comments everyone, but not enough......lol We got to get this forum moving.....lol  Almost time for new esps and really looking forward to them  After reading the comments and realizing that this drama is about family and traditions, it also very strong about relationships. I have to say that the women in this drama are all very selfish in their own ways. None of them think about their "significant others" in consideration.  While is appears that their men do everything possible to please their women and it never seems enough. Going back and re-analyze these couples. Are any of them truly happy" Old man MS is on a mission to prove some things to his family. This drama is a journey toward happiness. This drama is getting better and better as long as there is no more "poop" scenes.....lol

On 9/12/2016 at 9:44 PM, rubie said:

September 12, 2016

'The Gentlemen of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop' scores strong viewership of over 30 pct

SEOUL, Sept. 12 (Yonhap) -- KBS 2TV's new weekend drama "The Gentlemen of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop" got off to a good start with a double-digit viewership.

According to Nielsen Korea, a TV ratings tracking firm, the series garnered 30.2 percent nationwide and 27.6 percent in Seoul for the episode aired on Sunday. The ratings are high for Saturday-Sunday soap series.

The drama started off with 22.4 percent for its first episode on Aug. 27. For the five episodes that followed, viewership hovered over 22 percent and went over 30 percent for the sixth episode yesterday.

The family drama centers around four men, with their own trials and tribulations, who gather and start working together at a worn-down tailor shop on the verge of running out of business.

Its fast-paced and comical plot development, together with fine acting by Cha In-pyo and La Mi-ran, playing the lead married couple, and other supporting characters are credited with capturing the interest of the viewers.

At this rate, the drama is expected to soon surpass the achievement of "Five Enough," the previous drama aired at the same time slot that reached 34.6 percent at its highest and recorded an average of 29.1 percent.

Meanwhile, the dramas that were aired yesterday at the same time slot on other networks, MBC's "Blow Breeze" and SBS's "My Gap-soon" rated 13.6 percent and 6.4 percent, respectively.

"The Flower in Prison," a historical drama series on MBC, rated 21.3 percent and "The Second Last Love" on SBS rated 9.0 percent yesterday

Scenes from KBS 2TV's new weekend drama "The Gentlemen of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop." (Yonhap)

deserts@yna.co.kr

Yay! I'm so happy that this drama is doing well-rating wise.  I'm  intrigued with how the characters will progress later on in this story.  everybody is related to everyone that matters in this drama.  I hope this drama will continue to be good if not better!

1 hour ago, my2centsworth said:

Great comments everyone, but not enough......lol We got to get this forum moving.....lol  Almost time for new esps and really looking forward to them  After reading the comments and realizing that this drama is about family and traditions, it also very strong about relationships. I have to say that the women in this drama are all very selfish in their own ways. None of them think about their "significant others" in consideration.  While is appears that their men do everything possible to please their women and it never seems enough. Going back and re-analyze these couples. Are any of them truly happy" Old man MS is on a mission to prove some things to his family. This drama is a journey toward happiness. This drama is getting better and better as long as there is no more "poop" scenes.....lol

that actually puzzles me a bit @my2centsworth because the men are not reacting the way I expect them to! hahahah... so I was expecting to see chicken man to be all angry. instead, within a few minutes, there is a kind of a laugh within him where he says "how can a cute face come up with such a ridiculous/childish idea of threatening with a water can?" and immediately she picks up on it and is all gleeful that he just loves her and can never escape her. well she is right in a way no? and instead of seething with anger or resentment, he instead goes on a kind of childish protest that gets her attention - he does not try to dissuade her with logic to her argument that he has gone broke twice getting into tailoring, he does not try to make her understand that what tailoring means to him. instead, he is sort of dramatically depressed in a funny way and would rather spend time in jail because frying chicken is the same thing. ha! ....

and dong jin -- why isn't he burning in resentment and boiling with anger? if someone treated me like that, I would be mad. I would be hurt. I would feel humiliated and belittled. I would not certainly be listening to the stupid ultimatum with patience and giving hugs and having dinner with them...... so what is with this guy? don't tell me that he actually loves her??????

2cool misdoubt

On 9/15/2016 at 0:23 AM, my2centsworth said:

Oh Yes....do hurry. Remember you from another forum, sorry I don't remember which one.   But great to see you again. This is a great drama and yes eating grapes right off the vine is wonderful. You have to experience it once in your life. I have fond memories of that as a child as well as apples and picking strawberries. Pick one....each one....so much fun. Bring back many wonderful  memories as this d

rama does too with all the flashbacks of the old man, MS remembering his father and growing up in that shop.

Oh yes I grew up privy to all of that those are fun memories growing up in calif there was a variety of fruit tress we had access to yes grapes in napa valley close to the Aunts house those vineyard were fun times also the neighbor across the street from G/ma house Mrs Laura had grape vines.. @my2centsworth You have me going way back to my younger days Kudos Chingu..:heart:

Well woke up this morning to watch Joe Boxer live only to have my mother to tell me it's Friday Now I bet Saturday Morning I'll wake up just as it's going off.. :angry:

On 9/15/2016 at 0:31 AM, irilight said:

I think I am behind you all in this drama, because I am watching on KBW World.

I still get a kick out of Ra Mi-Ran/Cha In-Pyo couple. They seem so mismatched. I wonder if we will get a background of their story.  But I love them both as actors.

@irilight I think she got multiple personalities, He meet and married nice Sybil after a few months pervert Sybil come out and now we get combative Sybil poor thing has to deal with all three at once..:frown::flushed::angry: LMAO

21 hours ago, Lmangla said:
On 9/13/2016 at 1:10 AM, my2centsworth said:

NO MORE POOP SCENES......PLEASE ! ! !  But I do think there will be more weird scene between DJ and YS. Love the looks they exchange with each other. And did you notice the strange look DJ's wife gave YS?  Something is a brewing......lol   It is simmering now !

finally got around to watching this week's episodes and wondering if the writer has a toddler/granddaughter in that age who may be in toilet training. or is the writer having some stomach issue and wearing adult diapers?.. otherwise, it seems strange to be seeing so MANY poop scenes in a

@Lmangla  LMAO: No you didn't go there I as a mother need not to be reminded and the Writer He/She need not to share with us viewers. I found it hilarious when Ys tried to give him back that umbrealla.. I was like are you serious were are her manners..Just gross.. I think he should give her the nickname # 2 

I don't know as of now it seems as the women in this drama needs theraphy and why do I have a feeling it would be all turned around showing why these women behave this way but in YS case there's no excuse for # 2 (Shyty) 

Just watched episode 7... I can see how the writer intentionally caused a misunderstanding between YS/DJ at the very end, when DJ was eavesdropping on YS' conversation with Lawyer Choi. She told the lawyer not to come back unless he had a million dollars.....hello, who says that? If it's a large corporation, don't you think it's possible for them to pay her that kind of money? So crazy, I can see how this will be dragged out, and DJ will have a hard time being around YS until all of this gets cleared up. But his wife is something else, I don't understand how he can be married to her. Her character sucks, big time! She asked him to choose between her or his employees, telling him it's a "no brainer". She's unreal self centered, thinks the whole world revolves around her! He needs to get out of that company and away from her! 

My heart was so sad for TY, his mother telling him to care for JY. Why? That girl is only looking out for herself and the big money......wait till she finds out that she's not getting a prize catch, she's hanging with the worst crook, ever! When he goes down, so will she. Hope by then he's well moved on from her, no going back!!!

Just finished watching the last four episodes and while the relationships are still messed up its clear where some of them are headed. DJ and his wife will divorcee but YS won't because she is not married anyway but it will take sometime for them to get together.. TY ex will not get married to the rich guy but TY will hook up with his sister. Mom car recognize a gold digger when she see's one being one herself. DS and TP are a given. 

Archived