[Weekend Drama 2016] Laurel Tree Tailors 월계수양복점신사들 ~ Starring Cha In Pyo, Ra Mi Ran ~

tikamacika

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/26/2016 at 4:35 AM, valsava said:

Now DJ and his wife, He even admitted her treating him like a butler and just bark orders at him glad he's sick of it and called her on her so called threat did she think he wouldm't get tired of it degrading him as if he wasn't a man well I'm glad he signed the divorce papers I could see her running back to him to save her poor life because son will have that company on the verge of a hostile takeover.. I just hope he teaches a good lesson on whats a wife position she acted as she was the head of the household and what she says goes and he better do it.. I hope they not pairing him up with # 2.. (Dukie girl) 

(finally got around to seeing ep 10) - have to agree with you @valsava; am surprised the guy stuck for so long. what i thought interesting was that when he was moving out of the house, her brother said they have been talking about divorce since the day they got married and so it was basically inevitable. so did she threaten divorce every time he didn't behave or do what she wanted? looks like along with his job, he got burnt out from his marriage as well.... but her attitude stinks. so she wants a divorce but then is upset that he signed it so easily. so she just wanted him to beg and cry and then she would slam it on his head like a queen. so because she didn't get to do that, she is probably going to end up stalking him... why do I get the feeling that she is going to start thinking something is up between him and grape girl before even anything starts and harass the both of them about an "affair"?

what I don't get is why his family was so unaware that he was unhappy. his dad asked the question "are you happy?" but did his mom assume that he was since he had a good job and pretty wife? she seemed really taken aback by the divorce whereas her family wasn't. did he not share what was going on with his life?

random Q ~ is a pharma company one of the sponsors of the drama? we keep getting shirtless taeyang applying a pain patch on his shoulders. isn't it more standard to have shower scenes for angst? kekekekke.... will we have another pain patch-shirtless taeyang scene this week as well?

September 29, 2016

Cho Yoon Hee, "Lee Dong Gun isn't funny at all"

Source: BNTNews

i5r4nslhsp3b4bklw3ojstr3m7mw8hsg.jpg

[by Woorim Ahn] Cho Yoon Hee talked about Lee Dong Gun. 

On the upcoming episode of KBS ‘Happy Together3’, Cha In Pyo, Ra Miran, Cho Yoon Hee and Lee Dong Gun that are the leading roles of drama ‘Gentlemen at Tailor Shop’ will appear.

During filming the episode, Cho Yoon Hee caught the panels’ attention as she gave an unexpected answer to the question if she is doing good with her drama partner Lee Dong Gun. She said, “He’s not funny to me” and Lee Dong Gun added, “Actually, my girlfriend doesn’t like it either” and accepted it readily. 

On the other hand, Ra Miran said, “I think he’s funny. He has charms that make people’s hearts flutter only with eyes”, but Cho Yoon Hee refuted, “I never felt that” and made the studio full of laughter. 

Meanwhile, ‘Happy Together3’ airs on Thursdays at 11:10pm KST. (photo by KBS) 

I think the couple OTP will be DJ & YH.....its probably just my opinion but I sense chemistry with them.....I know they are not getting along and they argue all the time but I sense the chemistry.........

I think for sure DJ and his wife will divorce....but like someone commented earlier she is not going to go away without a fight and being a woman scorned she will probably throw all kinds of accusations against DJ....and try to blackmail/persuade him into getting back together.

I do enjoy watching this drama but I have realized several things about my views about the lead and other key characters.  The first is the matriarch of the tailor family, I am not a fan of her at all because she whines too much as well as exaggerates over the simple things she really does not do much in the show except that and the interesting thing is that in the future episodes its likely her hypocrisy is going to show when the OTP starts to have feelings for each other because Yan Shil may be a good daughter but not for her precious perfect son therefore she will not want her as her daughter-in-law.  

The OTP at this time rubs each other the wrong way not surprising as most time they have encountered each other at their lowest, embarrassing moments and at times there is a lot of misunderstanding hence the mutual hate. But as the saying goes there is a thin line between love and hate, I also think she needs to change her hairstyle as she reminds me of a female Ji Chang Wook with it.  Since its 50 episodes we will have to endure the growing pains, challenges and laughter with 3 new couples and 1 seasoned one (married) who I really like they are good for each other.  As for the girl who dropped Tae Yang I am so looking forward to her comeuppance as she thinks that she is a player when the one she is dating is actually a master player himself.  As for ungrateful ex-wifey who looks at hubby as a guardian/butler she is trying to find justifiable reasons for hubby signing the divorce in order to restore her pride, she does nothing either except spend, bully and pose.  The sweet half sibling will end up being Tae Yang's savior and at the same time become ex-friends with the hairdresser who has liked him for a long time the good thing is that he never encouraged her.  I am wondering how he and the immature mooching musician are going to end up in the tailor shop.

One thing is certain I really want them to change the personality of the matriarch's character to someone who stops whining & exaggerating all the time. Plus Yun Shil's hairstyle.

Gone for now

Guest AlexMao

@chasen8888 I don't see what they can do with Yoon Shil's hair honestly, she has a bob cut other than messing with the part or doing something in terms of layering there isn't much to be done. 

The only thing funny I found in episode 11 was Sun Nyeo picturing Sam Do being a womanizer/player. I do wonder though one of the montages was that Sam Do had a child, could that be a bit of insight into her own inability to have a child or was it simply something done in passing to show how easily/scary it would be for him to simply "forget" her while she was trapped behind bars?

Beyond that I can't tell if I'm happy that we're finally seeing progress between Tae Yang & Hyo Won, the setup still feels a bit odd to me. I haven't figured out why she cares about him yet and her fawning over him while he was in the hospital bed unconscious felt a bit off as well. I'll forego the bit about her smelling him to see if he was drunk at the time of the accident based on previous interactions, I will say that if it was a man doing it one couldn't help but think he was a bit of a pervert.

I'll add I don't really want to see Sung Joon at the tailor shop he seems better suited at Dong Sook's manhwa shop that and it really will seem a bit crowded if we have Sam Do, Yoon Shil, Dong Jin, Man Sool and Choon Daek (the older female assistant) all trying to work in the same space.

Dongjin FINALLY gettin' a divorce, he should've done it ages ago if ya ask me:P Was LoL SO HARD at La Miran/Sunnyeo ripping off his MIL's hair:blink: That woman is such a gangster YO:w00t: You go girl, more power to ya:lol: The best part? Her Ahjumma standing aside & lettin' the in-laws tear her apart!:lol: On the other, Samdo aka Mr. Fried Chicken (heh) looked hella fine in his suit - very dapper I must say *swoon* And the bonus for ep. 10 (I'm shallow I know) has got to be the sight of a shirtless Taeyang *drool* Damn had no idea he had such a glorious body, he looks so skinny though LoL:P  

On 9/30/2016 at 11:41 AM, Lmangla said:

(finally got around to seeing ep 10) - have to agree with you @valsava; am surprised the guy stuck for so long. what i thought interesting was that when he was moving out of the house, her brother said they have been talking about divorce since the day they got married and so it was basically inevitable. so did she threaten divorce every time he didn't behave or do what she wanted? looks like along with his job, he got burnt out from his marriage as well.... but her attitude stinks. so she wants a divorce but then is upset that he signed it so easily. so she just wanted him to beg and cry and then she would slam it on his head like a queen. so because she didn't get to do that, she is probably going to end up stalking him... why do I get the feeling that she is going to start thinking something is up between him and grape girl before even anything starts and harass the both of them about an "affair"?

what I don't get is why his family was so unaware that he was unhappy. his dad asked the question "are you happy?" but did his mom assume that he was since he had a good job and pretty wife? she seemed really taken aback by the divorce whereas her family wasn't. did he not share what was going on with his life?

@Lmangla  She ask him was he cheating on her because he sticking to his grounds and that they are strangers now, I'm happy to see him throwing it up in her face that he gave her what she wanted and she should move on and I agree she will say that him and YS was having and affair the more he try and tell her it not true she's going to end up pushing the two together not counting YS so called half married son mother.. YS is stupid to sign and agreement not to see other men I sware she's really braindead.. Why is it that she just can't go some where else and work all she needs is a place of study employment and the tailor shop really don't offer that judging from the amount of people coming there..

Now mom was happy her smart son married into a rich family and had a high paying position I don't know what it is about these mom wanting they son to stick to there marriage regar5dless to how they are treated as long as they could brag my son is married into some company family.. But the reason his mom didn't know about things happening to her son because he was one not to tell or come around often for her to sense these things..

On 10/1/2016 at 3:23 AM, Lmangla said:

random Q ~ is a pharma company one of the sponsors of the drama? we keep getting shirtless taeyang applying a pain patch on his shoulders. isn't it more standard to have shower scenes for angst? kekekekke.... will we have another pain patch-shirtless taeyang scene this week as well?

:flushed: HEY THEY GOT TO MAKE MONEY TO

19 hours ago, Brenda Capers said:

I think the couple OTP will be DJ & YH.....its probably just my opinion but I sense chemistry with them.....I know they are not getting along and they argue all the time but I sense the chemistry.........

I think for sure DJ and his wife will divorce....but like someone commented earlier she is not going to go away without a fight and being a woman scorned she will probably throw all kinds of accusations against DJ....and try to blackmail/persuade him into getting back together.

@Brenda Capers I don't sense it I feel no chemistry between the two he's arrogant and she's annoying.. Now if it was DJ wife little sister I could get it..

6 hours ago, AlexMao said:

@chasen8888 I don't see what they can do with Yoon Shil's hair honestly, she has a bob cut other than messing with the part or doing something in terms of layering there isn't much to be done. 

The only thing funny I found in episode 11 was Sun Nyeo picturing Sam Do being a womanizer/player. I do wonder though one of the montages was that Sam Do had a child, could that be a bit of insight into her own inability to have a child or was it simply something done in passing to show how easily/scary it would be for him to simply "forget" her while she was trapped behind bars?

Beyond that I can't tell if I'm happy that we're finally seeing progress between Tae Yang & Hyo Won, the setup still feels a bit odd to me. I haven't figured out why she cares about him yet and her fawning over him while he was in the hospital bed unconscious felt a bit off as well. I'll forego the bit about her smelling him to see if he was drunk at the time of the accident based on previous interactions, I will say that if it was a man doing it one couldn't help but think he was a bit of a pervert.

I'll add I don't really want to see Sung Joon at the tailor shop he seems better suited at Dong Sook's manhwa shop that and it really will seem a bit crowded if we have Sam Do, Yoon Shil, Dong Jin, Man Sool and Choon Daek (the older female assistant) all trying to work in the same space.

@AlexMao  I finally figured out whats up with Joe Boxer she's just insecure in her marriage and afraid someone better looking then her will come alone and snatch her handsome husband up this is why she come off as a bully she wants other women to be afraid of her if they so much as look at him.. But I found it funny her day dreaming of him having babies with another women, Ladies like her tend to drive there husbands away or they get cheated on because of this behavior.. She wants a baby to tie him to her for good I hate women that uses kids to keep a man..

Guest AlexMao

@valsava I don't know if I'd say that Sun Nyeo is trying to tie Sam Do down with a child but I will say that she does have some insecurities that she really needs to keep in check. They're toxic and cause nothing but problems. Sam Do on the other hand is a handful at times but he doesn't come across as the playboy type. I know there was that scene in an earlier episode that saw him at a cafe, I suppose I'll call it that, where the younger woman was flattering him/praising him and that basically was Sun Nyeo nightmare being played out. There really needs to be a balance/middle ground for their relationship then again they've been together forever and a day so I don't really see this couple falling apart let alone drifting outside too much of what we've seen thus far.

22 minutes ago, AlexMao said:

@valsava I don't know if I'd say that Sun Nyeo is trying to tie Sam Do down with a child but I will say that she does have some insecurities that she really needs to keep in check. They're toxic and cause nothing but problems. Sam Do on the other hand is a handful at times but he doesn't come across as the playboy type. I know there was that scene in an earlier episode that saw him at a cafe, I suppose I'll call it that, where the younger woman was flattering him/praising him and that basically was Sun Nyeo nightmare being played out. There really needs to be a balance/middle ground for their relationship then again they've been together forever and a day so I don't really see this couple falling apart let alone drifting outside too much of what we've seen thus far.

@AlexMao  I don't see them drifting apart but I wish she learns to check her emotion as you said is very toxic in a marriage because SD don't seem to be the playboy type and value his marriage.. I think he learn this from GJ dad.. How will they get to this middle ground for her to get rid of insecurities at this point I see no sign of it in sight and can't tell where it will begin because she's still not over being the bully..  

@AlexMao  I don't see them drifting apart but I wish she learns to check her emotion as you said is very toxic in a marriage because SD don't seem to be the playboy type and value his marriage.. I think he learn this from DJ dad.. How will they get to this middle ground for her to get rid of insecurities at this point I see no sign of it in sight and can't tell where it will begin because she's still not over being the bully..  

@AlexMao  I don't see them drifting apart but I wish she learns to check her emotion as you said is very toxic in a marriage because SD don't seem to be the playboy type and value his marriage.. I think he learn this from DJ dad.. How will they get to this middle ground for her to get rid of insecurities at this point I see no sign of it in sight and can't tell where it will begin because she's still not over being the bully..  

@valsava Agrees *nods head* I don't feel any chemistry between Dongjin and Miss Bob Haircut either:P Maybe it's both the actors' fault...??<_< The Drama relies too much on these lewd toilet jokes to bring them together, urg yea still not feelin' it-_- The fact that Dongjin explicitly states that he doesn't like her at all is pretty straightforward enough. On the other, there's better chemistry between Miss Bob Haircut and Taeyang.

@AlexMao Yea good points. Sunnyeo has some serious trust issues. But she can also be seen as a tad too overprotective of Samdo. Like I feel she smothers him sometimes. As you've said I don't think Samdo would cheat on her, if he wanted to he would've done so a long time ago. I sort of enjoy her bickering with Samdo, I guess that's what makes their bond stronger. They both remind me of an adolescent couple, very abrasive but there's a lot of love regardless.  

Yikes, I just can't stand the loveline with Sungjun & that Dongsook aish tsk:P Perhaps if they switch it over to Sunnyeo and Sungjun...maybe then Samdo won't take her for granted LoL no? 

Guest AlexMao

@valsava At the moment I'm in the same boat as you, I can't see her changing overnight but maybe this scare with Han Eun Sook will at the very least give her pause enough to think before she acts.I think that's probably the biggest thing they need to focus on. If she can control her attitude I think everything else will fall into place. She knew that Sam Do was miserable working the chicken stall so I don't think she'll have to worry about him so long as he's happy working at the tailor shop. On the flip side I think with Sun Nyeo being on her own/unemployed she'll be somewhat of a burden. Get them both working and doing what they like and they'll both be too tired to argue or worry about what the other is doing. I don't know maybe have Dong Sook set up a small cafe/eatery at the manhwa shop for her to sell side dishes/basic things This will allow her to get to know Sung Joon a bit better and they could form a trio/bit of side story so they can break up the other romance stories going on throughout the series. 

@Latte_Anyday ~ was thinking about you when I saw ms. ko's boxing ring in ep 11! hahaha.... it is a pity that she didn't meet ms. joe boxer wearing that ring because she may well have defended herself better. hahahah.. but the clothes this week! for someone in back pain, she sure does dress glamourous! all I noticed in the scene where she was arguing on the phone with dong jin's mom was all the bling bling. bright green blouse, boxing ring and a sparkly watch -- you cant be that sick if you manage to dress up right? B) and even her trip to the hospital! interesting bag as well as the dress -- even pulling out her back doesn't stop her dressing up...

14 hours ago, valsava said:
On 10/1/2016 at 3:53 PM, Lmangla said:

:flushed: HEY THEY GOT TO MAKE MONEY TO

hahahhaha @valsava, you are right, they have to make money too... but must say, they have wonderfully highlighted their pain patch -- very effective use of taeyang no? :P 

21 hours ago, AlexMao said:

@alexmao -- yea, I don't get the fawning either but I understood her helping him as someone with a kind heart. unlike her dragon sister, hyo won is a different category altogether. it is more common in kdramas to have half siblings hate each other to the core and be happy in their unhappiness. but hyo won isn't like that. she worries about her sister's well-being even when dragon is spitting fire on her. and we saw her sticking up for a girl in the saloon even though she didn't really know her. so it fits her character that she would help out a guy who she met once and take some time to find out what is happening. what I liked is that she didn't jump into the situation blind -- she asks the doctor questions on what the surgery involves and whether it is dangerous. once she is satisfied that it is a relatively minor operation, she goes ahead and pretends to be the guardian. so she still has some brain power despite her ditziness. but I am guessing, the fawning is part of her ditziness and we are supposed to think it is cute or something... lets see how it plays out....

Awww~ @Lmangla you thought of me...??? You soooo sweeeetttt!!! 

The funny part was how even her own daughter didn't believe her Mom was hurt LoL! I only like Hyowon when she puts Taeyang's Gold Digger Ex in her place HA. As for her loveline with Taeyang? It's about as interesting as Dongjin w/Miss Bob Haircut. I think I read somewhere that the actress portraying Dongjin's MIL is an actual wealthy lady IRL, maybe that's why she dresses flamboyantly no? 

Archived