[Weekend Drama 2016] Laurel Tree Tailors 월계수양복점신사들 ~ Starring Cha In Pyo, Ra Mi Ran ~

tikamacika

Guest my2centsworth
16 hours ago, ororomunroe said:

I don't understand the relationship between DJ's mum and his stepmother in law. Did his father in law previously work for his father? What happened 30 years ago? 

I'm not a fan of either of TY's love interests or his ex gf so I'm not sure how the writer is going to make that loveline believable for me. 

Anyway, I really hope the divorce is taken care of ASAP so DJ can move out of that toxic environment. It's a wonder he hasn't gone insane from all that negative energy. 

None of us know the complete story between the Lee family, the tailor shop and DJ's evil step-mother. She did work there at one time and she and CGJ, DJ's mom have a bad relationship. We do know that HES did suduce DJ's deceased father-in-law, but that is all we know. Did you see the scene where HES went to the shop and got orange  juice thrown in her face by CGJ?  That was priceless.....lol  She threatened to buy the shop of the new owners for double the price just so she could get back at them. But by luck she didn't !  Really looking forward to knowing more about her past. Something about it scares her......really can hardly wait....lol

With TY and his "girl friends"....thinking the same way. Would like to see a whole new love interest come in for him. He deserves a beautiful, wonderful, caring, unselfish woman. Hope he finds one.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest my2centsworth
16 hours ago, papulichan said:

I knew it ! I just knew it ... that there was something major going on with Mr. Lee’s life when he finally decided to take that solitary trip trying his best to live one of his dreams of being able to create/stitch well-tailored suits for those underprivileged people who could barely afford a customized suits. Aigoo…..Lee Man-sool, ahjussi, why do you always bring this massive lump in my throat with every episode.( (I love it when dramas/movies bring forth not only entertainment but highlights some valuable life-lessons along the way.) Now, I really look forward to that day/episode when LMS ahjussi will be able to live/fulfill his another dream of walking down the aisle Gok-ji once again with her wearing a gorgeous wedding dress, just like he hopes. cheer1-onion-head-emoticon.gif?129286249

I liked how this episode ( Ep#8) brought the ongoing initial  plot to a more concrete base, unifying  in some sort of a way ( not in literal sense yet, ) the “future” Wolgyesu  team. 

Three things, I look forward to in the upcoming weeks :-

1)      O boy !! It’s about time DJ just divorces his obnoxious wife or atleast knocks some sense in her( but that's not happening is it?). I mean if you are so damn worried about your father’s company going into the hands/reins of your step-brother/family, might as well pick up your damn rich-richard simmons and work alongside your hubby  to solve the company problems, rather than whine and act like DJ is your matrimonial employee. Aishhhhhh

2)      Tae Yang’s ex-girlfriend getting a major boot from Min Hyo Sang. Girl , I get it ! You wanna marry rich. Hey, who doesn’t?  But that does not give you the right to treat TY’s omma crudely like you did. Oh, somewhere “karma” is waiting to bit your richard simmons. HAhahahaa

3)      Uri Sun-nyeo going all thug on either DJ’s wife or Han eun-sook (Ms.Ko) or even YS’s mother-in-law. PWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

PS:- who knew that TY would be the one crushing Mr. Bae’s palm in that “manly” handshake.:tounge_wink:

Esp 8 was insightful and delightful....lol  Love it ! Had the same feeling about the old man, Man Sool but pushed it back in my mind because I didn't want to go in that direction. All his scenes are so heart warming. Reminds me of both my Great-grandfather and Grandfather ( and we all live in the same house and they were in-laws )  All the life little stories came back into my memories as I watch Man Sool. He is fulfilling his "bucket list". And what really puzzles me, that it took his wife of 40 plus years to get another letter from her husband after he helped that groom to realize that he was keeping his promises he made when younger. But why doesn't she think of why is he doing it now? . He had to lay it all out for her. Once again we see another woman with her own selfish reasons saw a man she has known all these years and accuse him of running away from home. This was Man Sool's only choice.....he had to make his family see what they don't want to face. Everyone is born and everyone dies. A man that devoted himself to a wife and 2 children, work on what he love second to them all his life as his father before him taught him just run away.......they never ask WHY !  Only YS knew he had to have a good reason for doing it, but his family wouldn't even listen to her. 

That brings me to YS.....she is very confusing to me. I can completely understand why DJ has misunderstood her. She stands up when it about that shop and defends it and Man Sool with every bit of her energy, yet she obligates herself to marry a gangster because he was kind to her., Her father died after KP gives him a kidney. We don't know if was during the surgery or not. KP gets the letter with her stamp from the loan sharks and get beat up doing it.....these two things don't justify her marry him. She does have enough smarts not the register the marriage, but her mother-in-law wants some land and houses and can't until the marriage is register. What land and houses....not sure?  Does it have something to do with the grape farm that the mother-in-law works on or is there property YS owns that they want. Have to say that this is another reason SY is confusing to me. She knows her husband, KP is taking the blame for the crime that MHS of Meesa did.  But she hasn't figured it out he has been bought off. She acts dumb in front of the Meesa lawyer when he gives her "brand" handbag. I know she returned it but not until after DS found the envelope of money in it.  And what does she do......asks for a million dollars. I totally understand her reason for that, but does she have enough smart to know what kind of people she is dealing with? This is where one minute she comes across brave and confident and then turns around and acts naive and stupid.

I don't think there is a person in this forum who is not 100% behind DJ divorcing MHJ. I think that is not going to happen for awhile, Even if SJ moves out and I can't see him staying in that house and not working for Meesa. Now the question is....will she follow him or not. I hoping she does and she and Miss Joe Boxer duke it out......that would be one fight scene I would pay to see.....lol

Now the problem with TY is that he is too great of a guy for any of the possible women in his life now.  !. is CJY......A BIG NO ! ! !  2. is MHW......ANOTHER BIG NO ! ! !  3. is KDJ....the only one that I would give a maybe, but still not good enough for him. I would like the writer to bring in a new beautiful and charming, unselfish and caring woman that will sweep TY off his feet and treat him the way he should be treated.

Done enough rambling for now. will return later with more....lol  I enjoyed your post so much !  See what you did to me....lol  ( just kidding )

One last thing....loved the ending with the family gathering....so funny and heart warming.

On 9/18/2016 at 2:37 AM, my2centsworth said:

First part.....Joe Boxer.....lol  Maybe she is bi-polar...lol  Anyway I think I know why she wears his old boxers now.....lol   Shall I say it our loud or whisper it....lol  :vicx:

Next YS and her greedy parasite of a mother-in-law.  Did she not tell her son the needed to register the marriage because of some property YS promised to give him when they married? Got to go back and watch that scene again. May go back to their wedding scene too. Need more info on this subject. :(

With DJ, think he almost at the breaking point with his wife. She totally doesn't understand how devoted and trustworthy employees are so important. All she cares about it the money and status.She is always making him make choices between her and the company and/or her/his family.  Feel li@e she is backing into a corner and pretty soon he is going to put on his boxing gloves and come out swinging. :crazy:

DS ! ! ! What can one say about her........now we know why she is twice divorced.....lol   :huh:

My answer to your question.....lol  Still analyzing these couples......take a number....lol :rolleyes:

@my2centsworth Cheers have a drink oin me this rip my insides..

DJ's will get whats coming to her and it's well deserves, She will come back crawling for him to take her back because that tailor shop will have much more increae business and with DJ skills and knowledge it may just go global..

Guest my2centsworth
44 minutes ago, valsava said:

@my2centsworth Cheers have a drink oin me this rip my insides..

DJ's will get whats coming to her and it's well deserves, She will come back crawling for him to take her back because that tailor shop will have much more increae business and with DJ skills and knowledge it may just go global..

Esp 8 was insightful and delightful....lol  Love it ! Had the same feeling about the old man, Man Sool but pushed it back in my mind because I didn't want to go in that direction. All his scene are so heart warming. Reminds me of both my Great-grandfather and Grandfather ( and we all live in the same house ans they were in-laws )  All the life little stories came back into my memories as i watch Man Sool. He is fulfilling his "bucket list". And what really puzzles me, that it took his wife of 40 plus years to get another letter from her husband after he helped that groom. He had to lay it all out for her. Once again we see another woman with her own selfish reasons saw a man she has known all these years and accuse him of running away from home. This was Man Sool's only choice.....he had to make his family see what they don't want to face. Everyone is born and everyone dies. A man that devoted himself to a wife and 2 children, work on what he love second to them all his life as his father before him taught him just run away.......they never ask WHY !  Only YS knew he had to have a good reason for doing it, but his family wouldn't even listen to her. 

That brings me to YS.....she is very confusing to me. I can completely understand why DJ has misunderstood her. She stands up when it about that shop and defends it and Man Sool with every bit of her energy, yet she obligates herself to marry a gangster because he was kind to her., Her father died after

@Valsava  Something went wrong...lol Don't know why all this appeared above.

ANYWAYS.....Thanks for the drink, you are the best.......shaken, not stirred....lol....just like 007....lol 

This drama is getting better and better........trying to figure out how these couples will forgo in this drama....got my thinking cap on.....will return with more...lol B)

1 hour ago, my2centsworth said:

Esp 8 was insightful and delightful....lol  Love it ! Had the same feeling about the old man, Man Sool but pushed it back in my mind because I didn't want to go in that direction. All his scenes are so heart warming. Reminds me of both my Great-grandfather and Grandfather ( and we all live in the same house and they were in-laws )  All the life little stories came back into my memories as I watch Man Sool. He is fulfilling his "bucket list". And what really puzzles me, that it took his wife of 40 plus years to get another letter from her husband after he helped that groom to realize that he was keeping his promises he made when younger. But why doesn't she think of why is he doing it now? . He had to lay it all out for her. Once again we see another woman with her own selfish reasons saw a man she has known all these years and accuse him of running away from home. This was Man Sool's only choice.....he had to make his family see what they don't want to face. Everyone is born and everyone dies. A man that devoted himself to a wife and 2 children, work on what he love second to them all his life as his father before him taught him just run away.......they never ask WHY !  Only YS knew he had to have a good reason for doing it, but his family wouldn't even listen to her. 

That brings me to YS.....she is very confusing to me. I can completely understand why DJ has misunderstood her. She stands up when it about that shop and defends it and Man Sool with every bit of her energy, yet she obligates herself to marry a gangster because he was kind to her., Her father died after KP gives him a kidney. We don't know if was during the surgery or not. KP gets the letter with her stamp from the loan sharks and get beat up doing it.....these two things don't justify her marry him. She does have enough smarts not the register the marriage, but her mother-in-law wants some land and houses and can't until the marriage is register. What land and houses....not sure?  Does it have something to do with the grape farm that the mother-in-law works on or is there property YS owns that they want. Have to say that this is another reason SY is confusing to me. She knows her husband, KP is taking the blame for the crime that MHS of Meesa did.  But she hasn't figured it out he has been bought off. She acts dumb in front of the Meesa lawyer when he gives her "brand" handbag. I know she returned it but not until after DS found the envelope of money in it.  And what does she do......asks for a million dollars. I totally understand her reason for that, but does she have enough smart to know what kind of people she is dealing with? This is where one minute she comes across brave and confident and then turns around and acts naive and stupid.

**(sorry, for cutting your post, sweetie)**

Ha! I completely understand when it comes to watching Man-Sool's scenes. LMS ahjussi is a box of nostalgia for me. My grandfather died when I was barely 9 yrs. old. My grandpa was the only person I was ever close to. That's why I reckon I still get all emotional when I see a drama/movie character that resembles or reminds me of him...HAHAHAha...... LMS and Gok-ji reminds me of my grandparents as a couple, who always worried and shared things related to the family and never once thought about themselves or their desires as individuals. I guess, that's why Gok-ji had that initial shock as to why her husband left her without saying a word and only letters to explain his move of travelling alone. I think the whole 'church wedding' incident made her realize or rather be confident of keeping the Wolgyesu tailor shop and that why she was happy that Mr. Bae taking charge of the shop. That I what i guess.:) Btw,  how I wished LMS could have told his wife about his dream of them having a 'proper' wedding, she would then have really known (without her current doubts) how much her husband loves and adores her.  Men !! Tsk...Tsk...:lol::lol:

OMG...Yeon-sil !! yep....she is so confusing, alright!  HAhahahaha.... She is all confident and stern when it comes to the future and working of Wolgyesu shop, but with other dealings in her life she is clueless and naive to the core. I think, that is because she loves Wolgyesu and LMS and his wife and knows every little thing about it.So her convictions are outright. I think YS is much closer to the couple than their own kids . But, as far her own husband goes, I think she is just as clueless as a stranger would be, for she only "married" him due to the whole loyal obligation and not out of love. I wonder when she will step up and say "enough is enough" to her MIL and her hubby. And, I think she does not know how big and influential  Meesa Apparel conglomerate is .HAHAHAHAHAHA........ Her negotiating for that million dollars was hilarious !!

Aigoo....DJ ! Boy, you got to let others speak before exclaiming  "I don't want to hear anymore" ! PWAHAHAHAHAHA..... See, that's why you were sobbing in your car like a baby . Only if you had let your dad speak then, and also, if you had YS speak out her side of the story. HAHAHAHA.....but, I guess that's how the attraction will blossom between YS and DJ. A guilt trip making way to love.onionhead_by_theonionhead-d5qjex1.gif

PS:- Hahahahaa....this drama gives a boost to my ramblings! Sorry for the long post.

Guest my2centsworth
1 hour ago, papulichan said:

**(sorry, for cutting your post, sweetie)**

Ha! I completely understand when it comes to watching Man-Sool's scenes. LMS ahjussi is a box of nostalgia for me. My grandfather died when I was barely 9 yrs. old. My grandpa was the only person I was ever close to. That's why I reckon I still get all emotional when I see a drama/movie character that resembles or reminds me of him...HAHAHAha...... LMS and Gok-ji reminds me of my grandparents as a couple, who always worried and shared things related to the family and never once thought about themselves or their desires as individuals. I guess, that's why Gok-ji had that initial shock as to why her husband left her without saying a word and only letters to explain his move of travelling alone. I think the whole 'church wedding' incident made her realize or rather be confident of keeping the Wolgyesu tailor shop and that why she was happy that Mr. Bae taking charge of the shop. That I what i guess.:) Btw,  how I wished LMS could have told his wife about his dream of them having a 'proper' wedding, she would then have really known (without her current doubts) how much her husband loves and adores her.  Men !! Tsk...Tsk...:lol::lol:

OMG...Yeon-sil !! yep....she is so confusing, alright!  HAhahahaha.... She is all confident and stern when it comes to the future and working of Wolgyesu shop, but with other dealings in her life she is clueless and naive to the core. I think, that is because she loves Wolgyesu and LMS and his wife and knows every little thing about it.So her convictions are outright. I think YS is much closer to the couple than their own kids . But, as far her own husband goes, I think she is just as clueless as a stranger would be, for she only "married" him due to the whole loyal obligation and not out of love. I wonder when she will step up and say "enough is enough" to her MIL and her hubby. And, I think she does not know how big and influential  Meesa Apparel conglomerate is .HAHAHAHAHAHA........ Her negotiating for that million dollars was hilarious !!

Aigoo....DJ ! Boy, you got to let others speak before exclaiming  "I don't want to hear anymore" ! PWAHAHAHAHAHA..... See, that's why you were sobbing in your car like a baby . Only if you had let your dad speak then, and also, if you had YS speak out her side of the story. HAHAHAHA.....but, I guess that's how the attraction will blossom between YS and DJ. A guilt trip making way to love.onionhead_by_theonionhead-d5qjex1.gif

PS:- Hahahahaa....this drama gives a boost to my ramblings! Sorry for the long post.

Love it ! ! !  :heart:  Let get rambling together....lol :grin:

Guest my2centsworth

WAKE UP EVERYONE.......... ! ! !   :w00t:  Past time to post here !   lol

Okay....my turn....The subject for today's lesson is.....ooppss not in school....lol   So the subject for this post is our "odd couple" , Mr and Mrs Joe Boxer.  I have come to the conclusion that they truly belong with each other. They know each other so well.  She talks and talk and talks and he listens and listens and listens....lol Does SD secretly wear an hearing aid and turns it off when Joe Boxer gets on her "soap box" and rants non-stop?   lol  And the dance they did at the end of the last esp......they were in perfect sync with each other.....lol  I feel these two are perfect for each other. They know each other like an old book, front cover to back cover.  I also think we will see them change. Over time with some burst of screams that Joe Boxer will release, she will come to see just how happy she is to be with people who will consider her part of their family and how happy her husband is doing the work that he was born to do. Of course, thru this process, our Joe Boxer will always show her true colors. Her antics.....maybe a fight or two with some hair pulling and water throwing  ( this is what I want her to do to DJ's wife )....lol   

Now I have said just enough to get some of you talking...lol  Will return with more and expect to find some input on this post.......just kidding......NO....not kidding....I know where you live.....post something or else......sorry....really kidding !  :D:o:sweatingbullets::rolleyes::angry:  :wub: Love you all even if you don't post....lol :wub: But post anyway....lol

finally got around to watching ep 8 ... my thoughts:

7 hours ago, my2centsworth said:

So the subject for this post is our "odd couple" , Mr and Mrs Joe Boxer.  I have come to the conclusion that they truly belong with each other.

they are actually kind of cute together. it was interesting and refreshing to see a husband and wife talk about something so realistic during their piggyback ride -- practical worries about the future with two different personalities. he is someone who values people but she values money but its not just for money's sake. she worries that as they are childless, they and specifically him will have nothing to fall back on and he will end up without anyone to take care of him. how sweet was it when she said that she wants at least old hags with dentures hanging around him for his money so he won't be alone! hahahahha...  and it is sweet that he appreciates how hard it is for her to go against her practical nature and allow him to do this tailoring shop stint again. and she has no idea how people value her -- bursting into tears when she gets the award by the market committee. her friends appreciate her even though she is blunt and harsh because she is there for them for all the sad and happy events and will do all the tough jobs. and yea, she can be totally tactless but she can be both perceptive and thoughtful. found her smart when she said mr. joe boxer shouldn't talk to her friends because they will feel she is bragging that she has a husband and they don't. so while she doesn't want their black eye/jealousy/envy, it also showed how thoughtful she is because she remembers exactly how long they have been widowed.

also really enjoyed seeing a bit of insight into the stepmom and hyo sang. stepmom was aghast that her son would threaten to defame his father. and her conversation with dong jin made me think -- how hard it must be that even after 30 years, she is still the other woman. she was his wife for so many years and he loved her enough to put aside money for her every month in order to protect her. but she still has no standing or security. so her son being CEO in a way signals that she made it and forced acceptance in a way and that goal kept her going for all these 30 years. and she asks dong jin to understand hyo sang - so did this fellow grow up feeling that he wasn't the son of his father? it was also interesting that hyo sang actually didn't want dong jin to resign or leave the company. why not? so he wants to be the CEO/heir but it wasn't part of his design or plan to kick out dong jin. interesting right? also found it interesting that in that scene, he still calls him 'brother-in-law' (may be wrong but thats what it sounded like) and actually stretched out his hand to give a handshake. it was dong jin who refused. so it isn't a direct animosity or enmity on hyo sang's side... hmmmm... looks like it will be interesting to see more of this family.....

On 9/20/2016 at 11:24 AM, my2centsworth said:

He is fulfilling his "bucket list".

so I was sorta glad that he is going blind! :sweatingbullets:  I was expecting the usual cancer or dementia or some sort of terminal thing and was mentally preparing myself for the drama to go super melo. kekekeke..... but dong jin crying scene in the car -- well acted! he cried so realistically no? kekeke... so it wasn't girly but rather manly the way he cried. funny comment but sometimes I see in other dramas where folks get irritated at the guy's tears and so my reaction was like "good job in the tears scene!"

Guest my2centsworth
28 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

finally got around to watching ep 8 ... my thoughts:

they are actually kind of cute together. it was interesting and refreshing to see a husband and wife talk about something so realistic during their piggyback ride -- practical worries about the future with two different personalities. he is someone who values people but she values money but its not just for money's sake. she worries that as they are childless, they and specifically him will have nothing to fall back on and he will end up without anyone to take care of him. how sweet was it when she said that she wants at least old hags with dentures hanging around him for his money so he won't be alone! hahahahha...  and it is sweet that he appreciates how hard it is for her to go against her practical nature and allow him to do this tailoring shop stint again. and she has no idea how people value her -- bursting into tears when she gets the award by the market committee. her friends appreciate her even though she is blunt and harsh because she is there for them for all the sad and happy events and will do all the tough jobs. and yea, she can be totally tactless but she can be both perceptive and thoughtful. found her smart when she said mr. joe boxer shouldn't talk to her friends because they will feel she is bragging that she has a husband and they don't. so while she doesn't want their black eye/jealousy/envy, it also showed how thoughtful she is because she remembers exactly how long they have been widowed.

also really enjoyed seeing a bit of insight into the stepmom and hyo sang. stepmom was aghast that her son would threaten to defame his father. and her conversation with dong jin made me think -- how hard it must be that even after 30 years, she is still the other woman. she was his wife for so many years and he loved her enough to put aside money for her every month in order to protect her. but she still has no standing or security. so her son being CEO in a way signals that she made it and forced acceptance in a way and that goal kept her going for all these 30 years. and she asks dong jin to understand hyo sang - so did this fellow grow up feeling that he wasn't the son of his father? it was also interesting that hyo sang actually didn't want dong jin to resign or leave the company. why not? so he wants to be the CEO/heir but it wasn't part of his design or plan to kick out dong jin. interesting right? also found it interesting that in that scene, he still calls him 'brother-in-law' (may be wrong but thats what it sounded like) and actually stretched out his hand to give a handshake. it was dong jin who refused. so it isn't a direct animosity or enmity on hyo sang's side... hmmmm... looks like it will be interesting to see more of this family.....

so I was sorta glad that he is going blind! :sweatingbullets:  I was expecting the usual cancer or dementia or some sort of terminal thing and was mentally preparing myself for the drama to go super melo. kekekeke..... but dong jin crying scene in the car -- well acted! he cried so realistically no? kekeke... so it wasn't girly but rather manly the way he cried. funny comment but sometimes I see in other dramas where folks get irritated at the guy's tears and so my reaction was like "good job in the tears scene!"

Well.....it took you long enough....lol  just kidding :P Man Sool and his wife...perfect little couple. Me To, so glad it want' cancer or dementia, but since it had to be something and don't get me wrong when I say this, going blind goes along with the story line. Being a tailor and the son of a tailor, going blind is worse that dying. Anyway, DJ seems to be finally seeing the light.  Now we have to watch that "bleep" of a wife use her threats over and over as if they ever work in the first place.

Little confused as to who you are talking about or did I get my facts mixed up? Yes....the wicked HES, mother to MHS about defaming his father,but I thought the money that the deceased Mr. Min was giving it to his former wife, the mother of MHJ ( DJ's wife )  As far as HES is concerned......she is the other woman. DJ's mom, CGJ said that HES seduced the deceased Mr. Min. So that me think  that his first wife is still alive and probably living in poor conditions. Maybe will all is said and done and the Mins are booted out of that house, MHJ will bring her mom back? Did I read you post right? Late and tired, so correct me if I got it wrong.

Going back tomorrow and re-watch that esp to see if I hear what the financial director told DJ about what the deceased Mr. Min had been doing. Whether it was is first wife or this one.

Now we have a foursome....lol TY and JY  and the Min brother and sister......plus we can add in DS's daughter, DJ and make it a fivesome...lol  My big question is .....will TY take a job at Meesa if it is offer to him. He knows that JY is dating HS, but I don't think he knows that SH's sister is the one that is making all those calls to him. Then we have the incident where JY tripped HW at the beauty salon where DJ works and that already put JY on HW' bad side. Can't wait for all four or all five of them to be in the same room....lol :rolleyes:

Signing off now....so good to see you again.....don't be a strange....lol  ;) Going to bed now....see you later my friend.

A new BTS. Maybe we can see incident kiss from our OTP this week :wub:

Hiii all this is my first comment in this thread. Waves to everyone here  hi onion head great to see you all! Glad to see Lee Dong Gun on small screen again. I have fallen in love with this drama from the first episode. Like the pairing couple especially our OTP Dong Jin-Yun Shil and another young couple Tae Yang-Hyo Won :blush:

14102706_1249776185041924_17100340128690

3 hours ago, my2centsworth said:

Little confused as to who you are talking about or did I get my facts mixed up? Yes....the wicked HES, mother to MHS about defaming his father,but I thought the money that the deceased Mr. Min was giving it to his former wife, the mother of MHJ ( DJ's wife )  As far as HES is concerned......she is the other woman. DJ's mom, CGJ said that HES seduced the deceased Mr. Min. So that me think  that his first wife is still alive and probably living in poor conditions. Maybe will all is said and done and the Mins are booted out of that house, MHJ will bring her mom back? Did I read you post right? Late and tired, so correct me if I got it wrong.

let me try again - :) so from what I understood, the lawyer said Mr. Min used to siphon off some money and gave it to Ms. Ko (the stepmom) as a way to protect her. she used this money to buy off shareholders to ensure her son gets elected CEO. now hyo sang was threatening to tell prosecutors that his dad siphoned off money from the company for his personal use and this will affect the old man's reputation as well as the company. hyo sang said that it was just a bluff move but both dong jin and stepmom Ko are horrified. what I found interesting was ms. ko's reaction. so from the previous episode, we know that ms. ko used to work at the tailor shop and she seduced a married man with a child and wife. we are not sure at what point his wife died but then at that point, she became wife #2. so this is why I was surprised by ms. ko's reaction -- I thought this whole seduction/affair was just for money from ms. ko side and fun from mr. min's side. meaning ms. ko had no genuine feelings for mr. min which is why his daughter (dong jin's wife) is all ticked off. but what this episode showed that it is much more complicated than that.

mr. min cared for ms. ko enough to ensure that she would have some money on the side in case something happened to him. the lawyer said mr. min did it to protect her -- so it wasn't just a physical affair for him. he cared about this woman and his two children through her. as for ms. ko? well, this man is now dead but she still cares about his reputation. why would she if all she wanted was money and control of the company? one only cares about someone's reputation if you love them. whether it started out with her wanting to be better financially, by the end of their 30 years together, he was her husband and she loved him.

when she told dong jin that she is still seen as the other woman, what I understood was that it bothers her that she is not recognized as wife #2 despite being legally wife#2. we are not sure how long wife#1 lived but because she mentioned 30 years, it made me wonder if she had been wife#2 for 30 years. so if that is the case, then she more or less raised dong jin's wife. so their rivalry isn't just about money, it is about the love of mr. min. he seemed to have loved this woman ms. ko and that seems to be a bone of contention for dong jin's wife. and for ms. ko, her son becoming ceo legitimatizes her relationship in her head. it is like society has finally acknowledged her as wife#2. thats why she is after the company. it isn't just about money.  guess, I was just surprised by this because from the first few episodes, I was assuming that ms. ko is a gold digger. yea, she was but she also seemed to have loved the man. so it kind of complicates a simple view that I had.

and hyo sang -- we are also seeing another layer to him. just saw him as the bored playboy who is manipulative and probably not very smart. but then, we also see that he wants to work with his brother-in-law and it wasn't his intention for dong jin to quit -- why not? it also makes me view his relationship with jin eun differently as well. we don't see hyo sang react with shock in respect to tae yang being her ex-boyfriend. in a way, it seems jin eun and ms. ko are probably not that different -- maybe they both wanted better lives for themselves in terms of economic freedom. is that why he has yet to react?

anyway, what I am liking so far is that the drama is showing a nice slice of life without being too black and white. even the 'evil' characters don't seem quite in the villain camp completely. so it will be interesting to watch.

Can I just say the highlight of this entire Drama for me is Dongjin's MIL's extravagant wardrobe LMFAo?!:w00t: I mean, I'm sorry I can't help but tune in to watch what she wears in each episode! Not to mention that HUGE ring thingy she has on her hand (look like a weapon) That woman sure has a killer sense of style. I wonder does she dress herself or does she have a stylist? Not that it's an issue but still:phew: And geez Taeyang why are you holding onto such a materialistic, good-for-nothing girlfriend huh?! If she wants to rid you that badly - then let her damnit:crazy: He's just pathetic for holding on tbh. Er why do I feel Taeyang & Yonsil have better chemistry? But it's a no-no 'cause they're siblings right or am I wrong LoL? I also like Miran with that rocker dude heh. I mean she's cute with her hubby too but somehow the rocker with her get into this funny squabbles which are really amusing!:lol:

45 minutes ago, peggygordon said:

another young couple Take Yang-Hyo Won

thanks for the photos @peggygordon; and a hi to you too!  1cool byebye do post more photos if you find stuff as well as comments.

based on the photo of tae yang and ms. ditzy, will they be the OTP? it is funny because he looks so grown up in that conference photo. in the drama, they have this haircut on him that makes him look soooooooo young which is kind of in contrast to his lean, muscled body! kekekeke... did anyone catch the scene with him putting that pain reliever patch on his shoulder? so a shirtless scene without showers! something new! was thinking someone would comment on that shirtless scene... but no one did. was everyone distracted by the pain reliever patch?

1cool look down

Guest my2centsworth
12 hours ago, Lmangla said:

let me try again - :) so from what I understood, the lawyer said Mr. Min used to siphon off some money and gave it to Ms. Ko (the stepmom) as a way to protect her. she used this money to buy off shareholders to ensure her son gets elected CEO. now hyo sang was threatening to tell prosecutors that his dad siphoned off money from the company for his personal use and this will affect the old man's reputation as well as the company. hyo sang said that it was just a bluff move but both dong jin and stepmom Ko are horrified. what I found interesting was ms. ko's reaction. so from the previous episode, we know that ms. ko used to work at the tailor shop and she seduced a married man with a child and wife. we are not sure at what point his wife died but then at that point, she became wife #2. so this is why I was surprised by ms. ko's reaction -- I thought this whole seduction/affair was just for money from ms. ko side and fun from mr. min's side. meaning ms. ko had no genuine feelings for mr. min which is why his daughter (dong jin's wife) is all ticked off. but what this episode showed that it is much more complicated than that.

mr. min cared for ms. ko enough to ensure that she would have some money on the side in case something happened to him. the lawyer said mr. min did it to protect her -- so it wasn't just a physical affair for him. he cared about this woman and his two children through her. as for ms. ko? well, this man is now dead but she still cares about his reputation. why would she if all she wanted was money and control of the company? one only cares about someone's reputation if you love them. whether it started out with her wanting to be better financially, by the end of their 30 years together, he was her husband and she loved him.

when she told dong jin that she is still seen as the other woman, what I understood was that it bothers her that she is not recognized as wife #2 despite being legally wife#2. we are not sure how long wife#1 lived but because she mentioned 30 years, it made me wonder if she had been wife#2 for 30 years. so if that is the case, then she more or less raised dong jin's wife. so their rivalry isn't just about money, it is about the love of mr. min. he seemed to have loved this woman ms. ko and that seems to be a bone of contention for dong jin's wife. and for ms. ko, her son becoming ceo legitimatizes her relationship in her head. it is like society has finally acknowledged her as wife#2. thats why she is after the company. it isn't just about money.  guess, I was just surprised by this because from the first few episodes, I was assuming that ms. ko is a gold digger. yea, she was but she also seemed to have loved the man. so it kind of complicates a simple view that I had.

and hyo sang -- we are also seeing another layer to him. just saw him as the bored playboy who is manipulative and probably not very smart. but then, we also see that he wants to work with his brother-in-law and it wasn't his intention for dong jin to quit -- why not? it also makes me view his relationship with jin eun differently as well. we don't see hyo sang react with shock in respect to tae yang being her ex-boyfriend. in a way, it seems jin eun and ms. ko are probably not that different -- maybe they both wanted better lives for themselves in terms of economic freedom. is that why he has yet to react?

anyway, what I am liking so far is that the drama is showing a nice slice of life without being too black and white. even the 'evil' characters don't seem quite in the villain camp completely. so it will be interesting to watch.

I think I got it.....sorry.....no after school treats for me because I didn't pay attention in class....lol  :huh::(:)

Guest my2centsworth
13 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Can I just say the highlight of this entire Drama for me is Dongjin's MIL's extravagant wardrobe LMFAo?!:w00t: I mean, I'm sorry I can't help but tune in to watch what she wears in each episode! Not to mention that HUGE ring thingy she has on her hand (look like a weapon) That woman sure has a killer sense of style. I wonder does she dress herself or does she have a stylist? Not that it's an issue but still:phew: And geez Taeyang why are you holding onto such a materialistic, good-for-nothing girlfriend huh?! If she wants to rid you that badly - then let her damnit:crazy: He's just pathetic for holding on tbh. Er why do I feel Taeyang & Yonsil have better chemistry? But it's a no-no 'cause they're siblings right or am I wrong LoL? I also like Miran with that rocker dude heh. I mean she's cute with her hubby too but somehow the rocker with her get into this funny squabbles which are really amusing!:lol:

I notice her wardrobe too.   Some times I have to rewind the esp and read what was said because I get so caught up in what she is wearing......Her wardrobe alone is very entertaining to me...lol    B)   Need my glasses some times...lol :lol:

13 hours ago, Lmangla said:

thanks for the photos @peggygordon; and a hi to you too!  1cool byebye do post more photos if you find stuff as well as comments.

based on the photo of tae yang and ms. ditzy, will they be the OTP? it is funny because he looks so grown up in that conference photo. in the drama, they have this haircut on him that makes him look soooooooo young which is kind of in contrast to his lean, muscled body! kekekeke... did anyone catch the scene with him putting that pain reliever patch on his shoulder? so a shirtless scene without showers! something new! was thinking someone would comment on that shirtless scene... but no one did. was everyone distracted by the pain reliever patch?

1cool look down

With or without his shirt, he is cute as a button...lol  But I did notice those muscles...lol BEAUTIFUL ! ! !  Was waiting for you to say something first...lol  :rolleyes:

@peggygordon thanks for the great pics......so enjoy them !  :)

15 hours ago, Lmangla said:

1cool look down

Count me in for shirtless scene :blush: It's a bonus in this family drama all 4 men leads have muscled body (No.1 is Cha in Pyo muscled off course ) :wub:

I thought actor who play as Tae  Yang is around 25 years old, but after checked his biodata he is 31 Years old now. Yeah his haircut makes him look so young.

Archived