[Weekend Drama 2016] Laurel Tree Tailors 월계수양복점신사들 ~ Starring Cha In Pyo, Ra Mi Ran ~

tikamacika

Guest my2centsworth

Ok guys and gals....time is approaching for a new esp...are you ready?  Now let me ask about those pics that @peggygordon gave us and thanks so much for them too. YS looks wet and DJ unconscious on the ground look wet too? Can't wait to see that scene. A little "mouth to mouth"...lol   Can see DJ waking and screaming at her now...lol  And curious on how they got wet.....did he jump into the water to save someone or kill himself? Since I see the guy in the grey jacket ( employee ) there, maybe something happened at the factory. But that still doesn't explain how he got wet.....oh....yeah.....water sprinklers in the factory if there was a fire but that doesn't explain "mouth to mouth" if that is what YS is about to do....lol

Just thought of something...what it there was a fire and it was set on purpose. Who gets the blame if was a set fire? Is it a way to get DJ back working at Meesa?  All kind of questions going thru my head right now....have to wait for the esp to air. Thinking about sitting up and watching live stream....will be back if I do.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, my2centsworth said:

Ok guys and gals....time is approaching for a new esp...are you ready?  Now let me ask about those pics that @peggygordon gave us and thanks so much for them too. YS looks wet and DJ unconscious on the ground look wet too? Can't wait to see that scene. A little "mouth to mouth"...lol   Can see DJ waking and screaming at her now...lol  And curious on how they got wet.....did he jump into the water to save someone or kill himself? Since I see the guy in the grey jacket ( employee ) there, maybe something happened at the factory. But that still doesn't explain how he got wet.....oh....yeah.....water sprinklers in the factory if there was a fire but that doesn't explain "mouth to mouth" if that is what YS is about to do....lol

Sorry to cut your post @my2centsworth you will find the answer in today episode. There's almost mouth to mouth with a lol ending...lol

1 hour ago, papulichan said:

OMG !!! OMG !!! Just saw the preview for Ep #10 !! Tomorrow we might just have a cat-fight K-drama style !! BSN going all THUG on DJ's mom-in-law ( Han eun-sook) !! qiubilong_38.gif

PS:- will come back to my rambling once the Subs(for tonight's episode) are out .:D

Yeaassss we will see hilarious fighting scene between two ahjuma tomorrow. 

Today's episode much story of DJ. Finally he make a big decision for his life.  How lovely BSD-BSN couples. I hope eng sub will realease soon. Can't wait to see tomorrow episode :blush:

DJ leaving Meesa did not solve the problem, HS will not leave the allies of DJ alone he just bought some time and left while covering up the crimes. Sadly Meesa needed DJ more than Wolgyesu, even the mother in law is worried about her son leading the company. Good thing he made a clean break sticking with his choice. 

I just love it when Dong Suk and Sun Nyeo go into their mode

I hope TaeYang and JiYeon dont meet again for a long time, its the same thing over and over

I'm getting just a bit tired of Sung Joon's man-child personae. He gets all sour over being left out at dinner time to the point where he has to go grab a package of dry Ramen noodles just so he can get a bite of eggs. He's a one-hit wonder we know, he seems to be aware of it as well. Okay, fine you had your moment in the sun but that was 16 years ago. What have your done since? He was in the states for what, to do what? You're back in Korea trying to make something of yourself yet you only have a single song to play. What were you doing during all that time? Where are your new songs or new sound? What skills do you have to help you contribute to society, to your own self-sufficiency? He needs to realize that he's not going to be some comeback-king and needs to focus on getting himself settled and finding something that will allow him to make money (part-timer job at Dong Sook's shop is a start but you know can cause complications (though we already knew that). 

Ok. What the heck is wrong with Ki Pyo's mother? We know just how un-trusting she is but I think it quite low that she would stoop to such levels as a contract for Yoon Shil. The whole setup is just disgusting. It comes across more and more as if she just wants a free laborer and NOT a daughter. I do though find it funny she's running around in her work clothes but still manages to have on some "flashy" earrings. Just end this part of the story already. :expressionless:

I'll say it just because it needs to be said, Dong Sook really needs to work on his people skills. He claims that he can judge people/read people based on their actions but at the same time he's too darn quick to judge them. Every time Yoon Shil goes to explain herself she's never given a change to say anything before he just shuts her down as being manipulative/lying/no-good, etc. I want Man Sool to just slap him or at the very least give him a good kick in the shin. 

I think some of you are too hard on Hyowon. She seems innocuous enough, she's just in that bad combination of overlooked and filthy rich. She just doesn't have much to do since she's just the youngest daughter and her family don't seem to give her much thought. She's earnest and well-meaning, and may give Taeyang a much-needed reality check and start him on the path to getting his dignity back. He's a nice guy and I get that he's selfless, but the fact that he invested everything for that ingrate Jiyeon's future without a regard for his own is just... stupid, honestly. Altruism is good but he doesn't appear to have any self-preservation instincts! (On that note the noble idiot drama trope needs to be put to rest already.)

He needs a fresh start and learn to live for himself and not be a doormat, and is it so crazy that a whimsical, rather bratty girl could show him the way? Even if the loveline doesn't work out, I imagine that clashing with someone as openly self-absorbed as she is (and not hiding under the a pretense of decency like Jiyeon) could be the wake-up call he needs. He just needs to see that looking out for yourself is a necessary part of life.

I can take or leave a TY-HW loveline, but I do want to see Hyowon baring her claws and putting the social climbing richard simmons in her place.

I don't have much of an opinion on the main couple (?) yet, Dongjin is just too stuffy and cold for his own good, but Lee Donggun makes these roles work for him. The heroine's storyline with her being trampled by her MIL is frustrating, and I can't wait for the cliche of Dongjin saving her from that mess just to see it end. To those suggesting a Yeonsil-Taeyang loveline, THIS is the reason why it's a bad idea--they're both noble idiots. If they could live in their own little bubble, they can be cute and giving and selfless towards each other with no worries, but they would never survive in the real world. They both need to pair off with steelier people who know when to put the proverbial foot down and stop being nice when necessary.

@Millie I don't see anything wrong with Hyo Won honestly. For me it was a toss up between her and Da Jung as a match for Tae Yang. I would say regardless of which direction the show decides to take it would be a step in the right direction for him. My only issue is if something does happen with Hyo Won Tae Yang will be dragged into Min Joo's families drama. Given what he's been through the less drama the better. On the flip side I kind of like Da Jung as a match just because she's a fun character and regardless of what's going on in life she has a way of taking a little of the "crazy" away from his life. A number of people responding in the thread would probably disagree thinking Da Jung is nothing but a ditzy/flighty character which would send any forward momentum Tae Yang would have to a dead halt. 

Hmm ... I've not even considered Tae Yang & Yoon Shil they give off way too much of a sibling/good friends vibe for that to work for me. 

Next week seems interesting enough since it seems like Yoon Shil will leaving and going to her mother-in-laws. As much as it will be Dong Jin rescuing her from her cage I'd be more than thrilled if it was Gook Ji being the mama-bear protecting "her" daughter.

Oh well until next week I suppose.

OMG, Yong Shil is such a ditz, she keeps getting herself into dumb situations. Like, why did she need to go back for her bag, and if so, why did she have to hide? She really does stupid things, that's why she gets into trouble. And although she says she doesn't eavesdrop, she totally does, always poking her nose in where it shouldn't be! This is episode 10 already, and he hates her! And fired her, wants her out of his sight! At this point, can't say I blame him. She just doesn't know when to leave well enough alone, such a country bumpkin! Even I find her annoying! Lol

13 hours ago, dekaron said:

DJ leaving Meesa did not solve the problem, HS will not leave the allies of DJ alone he just bought some time and left while covering up the crimes. Sadly Meesa needed DJ more than Wolgyesu, even the mother in law is worried about her son leading the company. Good thing he made a clean break sticking with his choice. 

I just love it when Dong Suk and Sun Nyeo go into their mode

I hope TaeYang and JiYeon dont meet again for a long time, its the same thing over and over

@dekaron  Yes the MIL is worried her son isn't competent enough to run that company and she's right, She should be able to tell this from that long tail he left behind to gain that president position as long as DJ stsyed in that company the son would have never been look upon as president and they all would have ran to him when problems would have occured.. I think some how Meesa may end up becoming Wolgyesu or lose a lot of money trying to compete with the custom suit market.. We have another 50 episode drama and things are not going to be pretty it wouldn't surprise me if that incompetent son don't try and burn the place down.. But some how Meesa will be in competition with Wolgyesu and I this is whats it going to take for YS to see just what that nothing mother and son is all about they will use her to gain and upper hand.. But Mess bad son evil deeds is going to cost him and thart lawyer.. 

Now DJ and his wife, He even admitted her treating him like a butler and just bark orders at him glad he's sick of it and called her on her so called threat did she think he wouldm't get tired of it degrading him as if he wasn't a man well I'm glad he signed the divorce papers I could see her running back to him to save her poor life because son will have that company on the verge of a hostile takeover.. I just hope he teaches a good lesson on whats a wife position she acted as she was the head of the household and what she says goes and he better do it.. I hope they not pairing him up with # 2.. (Dukie girl) 

What in the hell is wrong with Joe Boxer asking another man is his family assets are working properly,  Is she starve for that much attention why is that she always talking something about sex all the time. Now I understand the real reason why she didn't want him back at the talior shop did you get a good look at him in that suit.. Joe Boxer has insecurities in her looks to hang on to her husband.. Now in this past episode is she some brute, She went and jump into something that wasn't even none of her business, She couldn't wait to flex her strength on someone.. I know HS would think twice shooting off her mouth around her..

Also that Ex girlfriend the news announcer is going to be put in a spot that she will go begging back to her Ex even if it means going to his mom because I forsee that young sister of Meesa group and him hooking up later in this drama.. Incompetent son will not be marrying her..  

@valsava Do you honestly think that Meesa will be in any competition with Wolgyesu? No offense but that seems unlikely. Wolgyseu is to Ferrari as Meesa is to General Motors.

I do though agree with you though, Ki Pyo isn't suited to run Meesa. Now in order for them to continue using Meesa in the story line I feel outside of the Tae Yang/Hyo Won story they need to find a way to have Ki Pyo et al. go and beg for him to come back as CEO to save the company since it's obvious how much Dong Jin cares about the place and its people. This will add conflict in the story between Dong Jin/Yoon Shil and Dong Jin/Hyo Joo while possibly giving Tae Yang a way to rise in the ranks at Meesa with the help of Hyo Won (a bit far fetched even with 40 episodes left). 

I included Dong Jin/Hyo Joo just because even though she's been talking about divorce since day one it honestly looked as if she was a bit shocked when Dong Jin readily signed the papers and just left without so much as a fight. 

September 25, 2016

"The Gentlemen of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop" tops weekend ratings

Source: TV Report via Hancinema.net

photo766655.jpg

"The Gentlemen of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop" came in first place out of the weekend dramas.

According to Nielsen Korea, KBS drama "The Gentlemen of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop" rated 28.7%, which is 3.8% higher than last week's 24.9%.

Meanwhile, the ratings for other weekend dramas are as follows: SBS "My Gap-soon" (8.4%), MBC "Blow Breeze" (13.2%), MBC "The Flower in Prison" (20.8%), and SBS "The Second Last Love" (8.2%).

This drama is like my guilty pleasure every weekend now. Standouts this weekend...

1) DJ meeting with his dad. I got a little misty-eyed when he apologized to his father and then promised to find what makes him happy.

2) Watching Sam Do back in tailor-mode. There is just something about someone doing exactly what they were made for that is just so gratifying.

3) Watching the crazy ex-girlfriend get told off at the beauty salon. It's not that she is ambitious and wants more out of life, she is absolutely horrible to people. She won't last long in her industry with that attitude.

4) Even though it was a setup, I liked the scene when the rocker thought he had fans and support. I would like to see him succeed, so he can stop mooching and finger pointing.

5) The cat fight with the in-laws. I knew when chicken wife had to tag along, that it was going to be blood. However, the MIL kind of deserved it. You don't treat people any kind of way and then think nothing of it. Her and her "momma's boy" son will soon realize their mistake.

6) DJ and his wife divorcing. She really tried to bluff him, and ended up losing her husband. I can't blame him, I felt oppressed and I was just watching.

7) I really want grape girl to develop a backbone. Part of the reason she and DJ have so many misunderstandings is because she is too inconsistent. She has no problem accusing him of something he didn't do. But, she allows her alleged MIL to rope her into signing a contract re: her fake marriage and then ends up working deliveries for her all night. She is really frustrating at times.

Overall, this is a good drama. I am really looking forward to the storyline of them bringing the tailor shop back to its former glory taking place. I am also looking forward to some character development for the female lead.

On 23/09/2016 at 2:02 AM, peggygordon said:

A new BTS. Maybe we can see incident kiss from our OTP this week :wub:

Hiii all this is my first comment in this thread. Waves to everyone here  hi onion head great to see you all! Glad to see Lee Dong Gun on small screen again. I have fallen in love with this drama from the first episode. Like the pairing couple especially our OTP Dong Jin-Yun Shil and another young couple Tae Yang-Hyo Won :blush:

No

MOD EDIT: Please do not quote images

I'm excited about the Tae yang and Hyo won couple! I originally thought that it would be fun to pair them up after the ex girlfriend started cheating, and the writer did decide to pair them up. They would be an interesting couple since they are opposites of each other and hyo won does have a leverage over the ex girlfriend. Hyo won seems to be very blunt, outspoken, and strong, but I think that's her charm.  Plus, she doesn't look down on people. I'm hoping that she finally gets to make real friends who will eat with her, grow up to be mature, and find her happiness.

Guest ororomunroe

Finally watched both episodes. I was very frustrated seeing her sign that ridiculous contract, she needs to quit being such a pushover -___- 

I still cannot stand the sister and the singer storyline. Both are too immature and need to grow up quick.

We get some more background on the ex-MIL, getting blamed for the suicide of DJ's maternal uncle. I'm on the MIL's side on this issue, you can't blame someone just because they didn't return the feelings you wanted. He should've shrugged it off and found someone else or no one at all. But then again, we wouldn't have a storyline there :P 

I like Joe Boxer (what a name @valsava), she's not ignorant as she says she is. I think their marriage is interesting because we usually see the man dominate the relationship but here, we've got the reverse. 

On 9/25/2016 at 6:12 PM, AlexMao said:

I'm getting just a bit tired of Sung Joon's man-child personae. He gets all sour over being left out at dinner time to the point where he has to go grab a package of dry Ramen noodles just so he can get a bite of eggs. He's a one-hit wonder we know, he seems to be aware of it as well. Okay, fine you had your moment in the sun but that was 16 years ago. What have your done since? He was in the states for what, to do what? You're back in Korea trying to make something of yourself yet you only have a single song to play. What were you doing during all that time? Where are your new songs or new sound? What skills do you have to help you contribute to society, to your own self-sufficiency? He needs to realize that he's not going to be some comeback-king and needs to focus on getting himself settled and finding something that will allow him to make money (part-timer job at Dong Sook's shop is a start but you know can cause complications (though we already knew that). 

so after watching ep 9, had a similar feeling @alexmao. him eating others food reminded me of situations in uni and how testy those situations became. it is different when you have relationships built but people can get annoyed and frustrated (rightfully so) when someone you don't know well just takes your food because they are sharing your space. it is interesting that he is aware of his one-hit wonder status and knows how pathetic he behaves -- is it sort of like a situation where you feel that you are in the pits, so who cares about etiquette or pride?

actually wonder about him because I don't think he even enjoys singing as much anymore. we don't see the passion or emotion for singing. with the chicken ajusshi, we can see how much tailoring means to him but with mr. guitar? the only time we saw real emotion creep out was when he thought fans (who was paid by the comic book lady) showed up to support him. so perhaps, it is not the music but rather adulation that came with music -- it was the only time he felt validated as a person and perhaps that is why he is clinging to it...

but for me, the bigger question is the comic book lady -- why is she supporting this guy so much? yea, she was a fan 16 years ago but what was it about this song or singer that she is going out of the way to help him? if we look at the list of the things, she has done for him already, it is actually kind of absurd. subsidizing his rent, persuading her mom to allow him as a monthly renter as opposed to a lease, persuading chicken ajusshi and his wife to share the space, getting people to pretend to be fans.... why do that? if the only reason is that she is a super fan, then she is more kooky and strange. guess, what we need is an emotional ground for them as characters because right now, all we see is two buffoon characters.

I was reminded of this interview of this VJ/producer from the 90s/2000s. he used to be the anchor of this really popular show on this music channel where folks message/call for an MV. one of the questions was something about crazy/memorable fans and his response really surprised me as I was expecting something standard on the lines of crazy fangirls who found him super handsome (it surprised me enough that I remembered just this answer though reading the interview few years back). so he said his most memorable fan was a teenage boy who initially called often. this boy wrote him a letter saying that after his mother passed away, he fell into a depression and hated coming to an empty house. to fill up the silence, he started watching this show after school and it got him smiling again. it made being at home tolerable while he waited for his dad to come home. the VJ said that he was so touched by the letter especially because he had hated his job at that time. the show was super popular but he felt unchallenged professionally. so the letter made an impact on him and made him feel that his work meant something. so he used to be feel happy whenever this kid called and was really glad when the kid stopped calling as often because he got out of that depression and was outside playing. anyway, we need that kind of emotional background to these two characters. what is special about this song for sun joon? why can't he let go? is it just the fame? and why is this comic book lady still a fan after all these years? what is it about this song that is so special to her?

Archived