[Drama 2017] My Sassy Girl 엽기적인 그녀

mysignisflower

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/4/2017 at 3:36 PM, gerrytan8063 said:

@lavender2love @AlexMao

In the movie Sassy Girl, it is a pine tree, while the tree feature in the drama is not a pine tree. It is the Zelkova tree locate in Seongheunsan (성흥산), Imcheon myeon (임천면), Buyeo, Chungcheongnam-do province near Dae Jo Sa temple ( 대조사,大鳥寺)

Ending scene from KBS drama Sejong the Great

I was also thinking that these two are not the same tree. Gaksital tree doesn't have any round wall boundary like MSG tree. But both trees make beautiful background. :)

6 hours ago, gerrytan8063 said:

@lavender2love @AlexMao

In the movie Sassy Girl, it is a pine tree, while the tree feature in the drama is not a pine tree. It is the Zelkova tree locate in Seongheunsan (성흥산), Imcheon myeon (임천면), Buyeo, Chungcheongnam-do province near Dae Jo Sa temple ( 대조사,大鳥寺)

Ending scene from KBS drama Sejong the Great

Much appreciated @gerrytan8063 for the interesting information about the Zelkova tree. Wow..... you are like a walking Korean dictionary on the whats and whys..... incredible.! I remember your explanation and the location of that creepy, isolated, mysterious but charming Doldam Hospital in Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim previously. So good.

Thank you for coming here and sharing the video. I like information like this because it enhances the watching since the tree is an important prop in the drama.

So cool ..... the tree has a name Zelkova. It has such a nice ring to it. Let love burst forth and love sealed with a kiss under this magnificent tree for our adorable couple.

@lavender2love

Zelkova tree (Neutinamu 느티나무,櫸樹 ) are old trees some almost 500 years old, some older trees are registered as Natural Monuments of Korea.

You will always find Zelkova tree in Korean temple as Guardian tree & even palaces & Zelkova tree are also cultivate into bonzai 

There is a 1,000 year old Zelkova in Seongeup Folk Village, Seowipo, Jeju-do Island. It is one of the location where Dae Jang Geum was shot

My Sassy Girl aka Oh Yeon Seo is breathtaking in 1st Look photo spread

fb5bb32e-728f-4fe4-9002-78fbb859cc65.jpg

Oh Yeon Seo is a summer goddess!

The My Sassy Girl actress is wowing us all as she posed for a mysterious yet elegant photo shoot for 1st Look Magazine's June issue. The 29 year-old star proves she's ready for a glam summer in her stunning black and white snapshot and color photo of her posing in a ballerina styled dress. She continues to make everyone envious of her perfect figure and flawless skin.

t's so obvious why Oh Yeon Seo was picked to portray royalty. She is picture perfect! Even though her on-screen character is somewhat rough around the edges, we love it! While her new drama with Joo Won is currently airing on SBS, she is busy filming the Cheese in a Trap movie with Park Hae Jin. I wonder how her version of Hong Seol will measure up against Kim Go Eun's one.

https://www.dramafever.com/news/my-sassy-girl-star-oh-yeon-seo-is-breathtaking-in-new-1st-look-photo-spread/

She looks amazing in this photo shoot for 1st Look. Oh Yeon Seo's "Princess H" reminds me of Elizabeth Taylor's "Katherine" (Taming of the Shrewd). Although not as Fowl-Tempered and violent as Katherine, OYS sneers, mocks and is just as obnoxious with the faces as ET was, not afraid to pull the ugly faces when she's directed to. I'm a big fan of hers and so far, Princess H isn't my fave role of OYSs; that would be her brilliant portrayal as "Hong Nan" in PCBM (won SBS's 2016 "Excellent Actress Award") or as "Gaebong" in SOGC. But many peeps liked her Bo-Ri in "Jang Bo-ri is Here" ("KDRAMAS 2014 Top Excellence Actress Award for "Jang Bo-Ri is Here" (Kim Soo Hyun -Top Excellence Actor 4 "My Love From The Star"). Now... I hope the "Love line" will take precedence in MSG, because I adore JooWon and they obviously enjoyed playing off each other. 

20150328_1427513580_84092000_1.jpg

8 hours ago, gerrytan8063 said:

@lavender2love

Zelkova tree (Neutinamu 느티나무,櫸樹 ) are old trees some almost 500 years old, some older trees are registered as Natural Monuments of Korea.

You will always find Zelkova tree in Korean temple as Guardian tree & even palaces & Zelkova tree are also cultivate into bonzai 

There is a 1,000 year old Zelkova in Seongeup Folk Village, Seowipo, Jeju-do Island. It is one of the location where Dae Jang Geum was shot

Thank you @gerrytan8063 for enhancing my viewing pleasure of My Sassy Girl with your invaluable information...... imagine a 1000 year old tree.... !!!!! You whet my curiosity and I got off my lazy back , did some research in case I might want to include that in my Korean visit and wish I was at that tree of Destiny for it to unfold. Bring it on GW and rude spunky Princess..... !!!!

silleuksa_temple_resize.jpg?itok=DrbB5uG

This old riverside temple is relatively unknown to the public and features quite a few treasures including stone pagodas, a stone bell and a grove of zelkova trees.

The temple and its surrounding area also hosts a sweet potato festival early every January. 

282 Cheonsong-ri, Yeoju-eup, Yeoju-gun, Gyeonggi-do (경기도 여주군 여주읍 천송리 2

2 hours ago, delta777 said:

My Sassy Girl aka Oh Yeon Seo is breathtaking in 1st Look photo spread

Oh Yeon Seo is a summer goddess!

The My Sassy Girl actress is wowing us all as she posed for a mysterious yet elegant photo shoot for 1st Look Magazine's June issue.

t's so obvious why Oh Yeon Seo was picked to portray royalty. She is picture perfect! Even though her on-screen character is somewhat rough around the edges, we love it! While her new drama with Joo Won is currently airing on SBS, she is busy filming the Cheese in a Trap movie with Park Hae Jin. I wonder how her version of Hong Seol will measure up against Kim Go Eun's one.

https://www.dramafever.com/news/my-sassy-girl-star-oh-yeon-seo-is-breathtaking-in-new-1st-look-photo-spread/

She looks amazing in this photo shoot for 1st Look. Oh Yeon Seo's "Princess H" reminds me of Elizabeth Taylor's "Katherine" (Taming of the Shrewd). Although not as Fowl-Tempered and violent as Katherine, OYS sneers, mocks and is just as obnoxious with the faces as ET was, not afraid to make the ugly faces when she's directed to.

Yes ...... OYS looks amazing in the photo shoot.

I did too .....that is , being reminded of the Taming Of The Shrew in literature and in the movie when I first read of OYS's  unconventional, against the norm and irreverent behaviour . That's what attracts me ...... a Joseon spitfire instead of an Elizabethan one. But we'll see how GW does the the " taming " He's no pushover by her fieriness.

BTW shouldn't that word read " foul tempered " instead of " fowl -tempered " ? Chicken ?

I hope I can make it for today's episode. Hope too that recappers, screen cappers and gif masters can help out.....

@lavender2love

Shilleuksa Temple (신륵사)'s grove of Zelkova trees are only 30-50 years old, so the Zelova tree don't have a large trunk although there is a 600 years old Gingko tree planted during the Goryeo Dynasty & a 500 years old Juniper tree

Yeoju is an one hour drive from Seoul

Be warn that Shilleuksa Temple charges an entrance fee

Drama MSG is having full-length UHD image quality broadcast which is new in Korea. I don't have much idea about all these image technology but this is great. Korean viewers should give MSG a chance rather than spreading negativity just after watching 1 or 2 episodes.

http://m.entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=312&aid=0000262313

According to SBS, SBS 'Bizarre She'  is the first in Korea to broadcast the drama mini series all over UHD. Viewers have already commented, "The color of her 'bizarre' is very good," they said, "Korea's first full-length drama UHD broadcast" is positive. 

The UHD has about 8.3 million pixels, which is 4 times more pixels than HD, which is only 2.3 million pixels, and the color that can be expressed reaches 1 billion. Viewers can enjoy a superb live screen through UHD broadcasting.

@flutterby06

"But are UHD televisions new in Korea? Asking out of curiosity.."

They went on sale in 2012, earlier in Japan

For those who are interest in savouring Chicken Feet (Dakbal, 닭발). I recommend Hongmi Dakbal (홍미닭발) Gangnam-gu, Sinsa-dong

http://www.seouleats.com/2012/11/a-lesson-in-pain-hongmi-spicy-chicken.html

Archived