[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

14 minutes ago, Adnana said:

@zairrie

He only read the first 33 volumes of "W"--which had already been published in book form.

The parts after YJ became a character in the manga are too new and would only be available on the Internet as of yet, so I wouldn't think he had read that too before he visited YJ at the hospital.

So if she wasn't in the published ones, what thoughts are he talking about? This drama is really confusing.hahaha question_mark.gif

• Like 3

Wow what a jam packed episode that was in ep. 06:blink:

So many unanswered questions. I'm like Dr. Park This Webtoon Is Driving Me Nuts!:lol: Don't think I've ever seen anyone be so happy to be back in prison of all places LoL:P In ep. 07 preview, did I read the subs correctly...?!?? It seems Kang Chul & Yeonjoo are married now:w00t: Wow that was fast HA:P:phew: Really curious to find out what Soobong heard from Yeonjoo's Dad 'bout W.....?:wacko::crazy: 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, zairrie said:

So if she wasn't in the published ones, what thoughts are he talking about? This drama is really confusing.hahaha 

I think the ones he was talking about were the parts where OYJ said that her heart beats faster whenever they have their "moments" I think KC is perceiving that OYJ's feelings about him were true and she's not lying to him deliberately. ;)

And gawd! I dunno what we'll do if they postponed the drama for two weeks! We all will definitely have a severe withdrawal, am 100% sure of it, I can definitely see this thread bursting in the seams from the complaints, angst, and severe feelings of missing this drama and these two characters.  :sweatingbullets:

• Like 5

for those of you competent in Korean (and with excellent eye sight), I have a quick question:

there are 2 bits of text written on the bridge, which are shown in ep.6 the scene where YJ runs there after reading the letter.

I can decipher the one on the left  "사라질만 합니다" ("I am disappearing") but can't really read the second.  Part of it shows better the previous bridge scene with KC, but the beginning is obscured by his hand... "**이 패로는" ( sth about losses?) Anyone figured it out?

***correction, at the beginning of ep7 one can see text under hand  삶이 때로는 (sometimes life...)

PS: looking at it again, I am not entirely sure that the text showing in KC's bridge scene is the same as the text on the right in YJ's. The content seems to change over time (?) May be a clue of some sort. Still puzzled.

PPS: I'm pretty sure this will turn out to be important, because so far the show has payed exquisite attention to detail. Even visually, the emphasis on parallel lines in the critical scenes... (particularly at YJ's han bridge scene, but discretely all over, e.g. during the kiss - fence in the background). Also at the prison after KC's world froze after discovering it's nature -- the lines get messy (on the landing, as he collapses after looking down at all the frozen people) as the universes start to interfere with one another. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Adnana said:

@juju84

On MBC's official site, I've seen no information about e8 listed yet (likely because it's not the next episode).

The latest current listing is about e7: written preview, video preview, August 10th on-air date.

http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/w/index.html

From past experience, episode canceling because of the Olympics or some other sports broadcast is often last-minute. So don't get your hopes up that the current schedule will hold--but also don't despair because primetime dramas aren't cancelled that often, especially ones that bring in the ratings. And either way, we can only know for sure on the day of.

Thanks a lot for your answer. Let's hope it won't be cancelled.

Also can someone give me the link to the page with the daily schedule of MBC site? To check on the updates. I know there should be the page with the tv scheduled programs etc. for each day. Like an online tv-program.

@Rania Zeid

Uh, I wanted to mention it yesterday. But forgot. I also felt like it could be a hint for the plot twist in the upcoming episodes. There is no such thing as minor details with this writer.

When YJ was checking the body she said the man was not KC because of the ring. Meaning she refered to the fact that KC has no ring on his finger (he doesn't wear any). But since they are now *married* he starts wearing a ring. 

And we also know that the Han River Bridge is one of the main plot devices of the story so I'm not ruling out the possibility it would be brought up again later (the bridge and the corpse). This writer is just that unpredictable.

But in this case I hope it would be a major set up to *kill* KC in one of the worlds (like it was with Kim Boong Do) so he can live in another together with YJ or something of the sorts.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Rania Zeid said:

W Two Worlds may stop airing next Wed/Thurs because of the Olympics

tumblr_inline_obfyuuaJrH1s8bd1y_540.png

W may be aired or may not be aired on 10 & 11 August.

(Cr: MBC W Homepage)

http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/w/board/index.html

What? And just when I think I can breathe a sigh of relief i read this?????

Well if they are so afraid of the ratings dropping due to Olympics. I have a news flash for them. People are easily sidetracked. And the longer they made us wait for the next episodes the higher the risk of them loosing their viewrs. 'Cause it's just like that. People will go and find something new to catch their attention/fancy. Love doesn't grow fonder with time in such cases. You just find something new to focuse your interest on.

There were other dramas with regularly postponed episodes due to different sport events and such. And guess what? They all went down the drain. 'Cause people got tired of waiting.
I really feel pissed right now and I'm sure I not the only one. 

Who knows? I may stop watching altogether for the time being (if they keep it up) until the show airs completely.

p.s. Sorry for my rant. I just feel very, very upset.

They could have at least moved it to another broadcast time instead of cancelling.

• Like 12

QUIZ: Which “W” Character Are You?

soompi-kdrama-quiz-w-lee-jong-suk-han-hy

The new MBC drama “W” is rising in ratings and popularity.  The unique script, cliffhanger endings, and intriguing characters have captured audiences and the fan base is only getting larger. Are you curious to see which character in this hit drama you’re most like? Take the quiz to find out!

read more klik here ;)

I got oh yeon joo!! yeah Iam a comic fangirl :P

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, vieedha said:

QUIZ: Which “W” Character Are You?

The new MBC drama “W” is rising in ratings and popularity.  The unique script, cliffhanger endings, and intriguing characters have captured audiences and the fan base is only getting larger. Are you curious to see which character in this hit drama you’re most like? Take the quiz to find out!

read more klik here ;)

I got oh yeon joo!! yeah Iam a comic fangirl :P

Thats funny - I chose the most answers differents from before ... and still

Seo Do Yoon

6b8d498f-0475-4e2a-82dd-a721c3b870a8.jpg

:wub:

• Like 9

Yay!!!! :wub: I got our handsome character's KangChul ;):wub::D

Kang Cheol
Kang
0.soompi.io
You got Kang Cheol! You are so suave and so cool. You're the complete package. You've got the looks, the style, the charm, and money to do anything you want. Everything you do drives the women/men crazy! You can be seen as being a player, but once you find the one, you're quite the romantic. Anyone would be lucky to have you!
  • Like 7

Hey guys ... so i have a looooot of things to say regarding everything happening and couldn't hold it any longer so here you go 

1/ about suspending the drama for the olympics (F*** you olympics by the way ) , i think the rating is gonna drop either way whether they decided to air it or not ... if they did people will be torn between it and the olympics so the viewers number will decrease .. if they didn't and most probably for 2 weeks untill the event ends .. lot of viewers will loose interest because of the long waiting and since they've got nothing in their hands .. even though it's such a masterpiece .. but that's very likely to happen... this is when i regret ever brodcasting it on the 20th of july .. during summer where everyone is on vacation and having fun .. during olympic games ... with other good dramas .. the timing is just sooo sooo bad !! I'm really feeling very very sad for this !!! 

2/about the 6th episode .. are we allowed to curse in soompi ??? Because i don't think any decent word can describe my situation right now ... i'm in a rollercoaster of emotions and .. gaaaahhh i just can't .. the writer is playing with our minds and driving us crasy ... i think i read somewhere that she reads the viewers comments .. didn't she read my comment aboit slowing down , SLOWING DOWWWWNN, giving us a breath ?? Seriously this drama is F'in freaking fantastic !!! 

BUT, BUT, BUT ... there's something i really really didn't like and was very disappointed upon seeing it .. i don't know about you guys .. but the scene when the hooded man on the bridge attacked both guys .. uhhh ... the directing wasn't good at all in that scene  .. I felt like watching some lame kids program or something :(  :(  :(  i hate to say tthis about my favorite drama but still nothing is perfect and so is a drama ... there's also the scene when she drowned in water and saw KC and went to hold it but couldn't ... okay first i got goosebumps and loved it but then the scene was too long then necessary and i just didn't like it ... i'm really really sorry for saying this  :/ somehow i feel that it's because of these scenes that the rating dropped which is something i'm really so sad about and hope it'll never happen again  .. i'm also sad realising that now we only have 10 eps left and the rating was increasing very slowly and now with the dropping and with the olympics offfffff i juat wanna throw myself under a truck and dieeeee !!!!!! Someone help me this is really torturing me !! 

3/ the preview, thr cuddling, the bed scene ? .. i just can't ... period. 

Sorry for the long post by the way !! I rarely post these days but when i do i just give you the longuest post and i'm sorry for that but can't help it !! 

• Like 7

Not sure if I should let ok forward to Wednesday due to the uncertainty of airing the show. :(

Two sides of the coin: I hope to see episode 7 and 8 ASAP but on the other hand, if it will affect the ratings because of olympics. I don't mind waiting abit longer...

cr to owner 

• Like 8

On August 3, 2016 at 9:24 PM, serein said:

@sandjh here's the link / how to guide on MBC by nonski. Please thank nonski for making the guide.

https://nonskishome.wordpress.com/2016/03/16/how-to-register-to-imbc/

cr: nonski

On August 3, 2016 at 9:27 PM, Rania Zeid said:

@nonski @Rania Zeid @serein

Thank you for the links!!

I did the character quiz and got...Soo Bong hahha

UtIZaZJ.jpg

• Like 8

Even if they are to air it the following week, ratings will still be affected because Olympic only ends on 21 Aug. It is suppose to be the most exciting episodes of W.. Looking at the comments, it seems many would rather watch W than the Olympics. Don't they have a repeated telecast for  Olympics games ?

Either way (to broadcast or not), ratings might just drop. All I can say is bad timing. 

• Like 5

“W” Broadcast May Be Affected By Rio Olympic Games

“W” Broadcast May Be Affected By Rio Olympic Games

MBC announced through the official homepage of “W” that the episode 7 and 8 broadcast next week may be affected by its broadcast of the Rio Olympics Games.

Both episodes, slated to air August 10 and 11, respectively, may air normally at “10 p.m. or be canceled.”

Following the announcement, the audience notice board on the site has been flooded with posts expressing their opposition of the possible cancellation, citing the effect a cancellation will have on ratings as well as the flow of the story.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/08/05/w-broadcast-may-affected-rio-olympic-games/

• Like 7

According to xina on weibo, w might be stopped for 2 weeks since the week after next are all finals, so it will stop, the only thing we can change is next week. The worst thing is next week is just the preliminaries (so the ratings won’t be higher than the drama itself) and none of the other two stations will stop airing their drama, only MBC, so the ratings’ advantage will be given to the other two dramas. MBC has history of withdrawing their decision to stop airing a drama after protest by the audience, so xina said it might be useful to leave comments on MBC FB/instagram to object against their decision.

MBC FB

MBC instagram

This is the sample reply xina wrote: W드라마를 사랑하는 (your own country name)팬입니다. W는 (your own country name)에서 아주큰 관심을 받고있습니다 .다음주 7 、8회 결방을 절대적으로 반대합니다 .W가 어렵게 따내온 수목 1위를 지켜주세요 .제발 부탁합니다

(I think it might be better if the comments are different though? It will look like more people with diverse background are objecting to their decision.)

• Like 13

I ended up becoming
Oh Yeon Joo !!!! after the quiz
Oh
0.soompi.io
You got Oh Yeon Joo! You're clumsy, but endearing! You also don't know how beautiful you are because you're modest about your looks. You've always fallen short of being number one in life, but you still try your hardest to succeed. Although you've never been the most popular in the love department, once someone gets to know you, you're hard to shake!

Now my question how to become Kang Chulll
  • Like 7