[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

I do not know how to think anymore after watching the recent episodes! I am totally mind blown.  For the first time in my Kdrama viewing, this is the only one that the concept is out of the box. Very out of the box that after watching I am having the feels of watching Inception, the movie.  Geez, the writer is toying our mind in a freakin' & coolest way!

• Like 17

From what I was able to understand from the live recapping is that ................. What the hell is happening ??:astonished::blink: This is many level above the general kdramas i have ever seen. Is this even a Korean drama? The writer is a damn genius.:heart: In the last 5 minutes I almost forgot that KC has lost his memories. It felt as if I was reading about a new drama all together.

so did SM lose his face in the real world or the comic world ? And if in the real world, then I think that the killer has overtaken his body......or not .....

Oh , God , I am confused.. I'll have to watch the epi first.

A Big Thanks to the live recappers..:)

P.S. In their last review , dramabeans lacked for words..:sweatingbullets:.. I am dying to read their review about this episode..:D:P

• Like 15

2 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

ah... thank u for responding me.. you help me a lot while I'm struggling to back and forth through this page... lol yes.... then we can get ep 9, asaaa.... !!

it's the right decision from MBC to finally confirm for airing ep 9, or else, they will really ruin the flow of the story.... and how can they leave viewers ahngging like that.... W could get first place if the story is getting better and better, like I said, I really enjoyeed watching nine before, so, so I have my trust in writer nim....

yes... the tears.... KC's tears... YJ sobbings... are all hurt my heart a lot... this isnt a melodrama, but it is become one now... T__T

==================================================================

aigooo LJS in white again.... :love:

Spoiler

https://instagram.fcgk4-1.fna.fbcdn.net/t51.2885-15/e35/13704315_148580422248868_1151904404_n.jpg

P.S.

this cat, I think it's the same cat that I saw with HHJ's pics last time... or... not.

@stargazer187 I don't know if wikipedia can be trusted but based on them W has melodrama genre in it.

W (더블유) - poster.jpg
Promotional poster
Also known as W – Two Worlds
Genre Romance
Melodrama
Suspense
Fantasy

And when I rewatch I think it really had melodrama in it from ep 1 until now. But not in many scenes. (just my 2 cents) ;) 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, theseasasleep said:

I gagged at two parts in today's episode. 

1.  The dad and his half-erased face (I kept screaming and flailing in horror and fear and this damn show kept showing it!!!! How will I be able to look at the scene ever again?!)

2.  The future (hopefully never to be ever written) scene of Kang Chul chasing So Hee down in the street and affectionately touching her hair. NEVER AGAIN SHOW!!!!! 

@theseasasleep I think you might be unable to sleep tonight.. 

Talking about tonight drama.. all I know is that there are lots of flashbacks.. and I felt it was kinda draggy in the beginning... perhaps it was needed because they were longing each other pretty much after the separation but I am glad that the exciting and unexpected part  happens towards the end.

• Like 5

this is my taken of the "Happy Ending" mention by SB on the phone with YJ.

Seems like my hunch is true, the scenes told by SB is not happening yet, SB only tell her the possible ending...so from the moment daddy Oh captured by the police (in the manhwa world) until scene between KC and SH, all of those is not happening yet. 

the plot that really happening in manhwa world is, manager Son found out the culprit face which is looks like daddy Oh. then the broadcasting news aired it with picture daddy Oh on screen. While they airing that, suddenly the announcer shot to death right on his head, then the PD, then another one...another one...manager Son...another one again and again.

Then daddy Oh "killer version" reveal him self in front of camera, looking for KC openly.KC sho is watching from the other room, look at him furiously. the daddy Oh killer looks very scary and he looks like fear of nothing...

after challenge KC and threat him, he walk again and dissapear in a magic door...here I am again thinking that I will meet doraemon later in this drama....

This episode really breath taking...I feel so intensed since the beginning....not to mention when I saw YJ keep back and forth between manhwa world and her reality...that is really...REALLY... a very sad scenes for me....when she keeps crying the whole episode....I can't wait for next episode....the writer is crazy....he is....totally DAEBAK!!!!

• Like 17

Omg!! Like wtf just happened!! I screamed when i saw that dad has got no face now!!! Thats the freakiest thing ive ever seen!! Worst than last night's ep! Isit that the killer has taken dad's face to be in the comic but cuz he doesn't belong there so the face can't replicate! Omg.. what did i just write.. my brain just exploded! 

• Like 10

1 minute ago, traveljunkie84 said:

I do not know how to think anymore after watching the recent episodes! I am totally mind blown.  For the first time in my Kdrama viewing, this is the only one that the concept is out of the box. Very out of the box that after watching I am having the feels of watching Inception, the movie.  Geez, the writer is toying our mind in a freakin' & coolest way!

I honestly have no idea where this story is going.

None.

Lots of writers or broadcasting stations promise or brag about creating/airing dramas that break the mold or defy expectation but this... It's like the writer literally studied the kdrama rule book and decided to break every rule in the brightest, most clever way possible while still telling a great story. I am so uneasy because I can't trust any of the traditional signposts since the writer is just blowing them up!  I have no idea when, if ever Kang Chul will remember Yeon Joo. It could just be he'll fall in love with her again and never regain a single memory. We can't even say, "No!!!!" because not only will the writer dare to do it, she'll also make us like it!!!!! 

• Like 19

Daaaamn, I can't get over how viscerally good that was. I can't remember the last time I was so continuously surprised by a TV series from any country. Kim Eui-sung was so good and so cool (it feels weird saying that about evil incarnate but he really was cool T_T). And dang Lee Jong Suk, that chemistry with So Hee, I bought it! :lol: I guess now KC and YJ have a reason to work together to stop evil daddy. I really like this development because now to OYJ there's something bigger than the romance at stake.

I hope they release some more BTS to tide us over until next week (and to make up for no BTS for ep 7!).

• Like 23

I love this episode! although not as intense as yesterday but still loving it! The two worlds are slowly merging and even YJ or her dad has no control over it anymore! the manwha characters are slowly living on their own and I like it because there is a big glimmer of hope for KC and YJ's future! If their world will truly merge there is a  big possibility for KC to become a real person and be with YJ without feeling guilty and live his own life by his own free will and not as the manwha dictates. same goes to the other characters. 

• Like 15

Totally mind blown all the way! I can't imagine the writer already had a good idea how the story is going to be since they revealed previously that they didnt filmed the scenes in accordance. 

Episode 9 really... I'm really speechless and can't think of any hypothesis. Wondering if I should stop watching now and wait for it to end. My heart >.<

This show deserve all the ratings and recognition! Need to get the directors cut!!!

Lastly objection for KC and SH loveline!! The purpose states that she is just a friend and secretary so stick to that! My poor YJ, hardest for the one who remember :(

• Like 22

OH MY GOD!!!!!!! I'm bareely holding myeelf to be able to write now!!! WHAT ON EARTH IS HAPPENING?!!!! THAT FREAK TOOK OVER SEONG MOO'S IDENTITY AND LEFT HIM FACELESS AND WITH HIS SCARY VOICE!!! I was scared of something like this when tho hooded man disapeared in the plane fearing that he took over Seong Moos's Body but this is WORST!! I can't stop shaking!!!...I didn't want the happy ending he gave but I didn't want this!!!! this is more scary than I thought!!! how dumb of me to think that things will go as simple as I thought!! all the troubles I imagined are nothing compared to this!!!! WHAT WILL HAPPEN NOW?!!! I was litterly screaming with Soo Bong when I saw Seong Boo in that sate!! :bawling::scream: he made a happy ending what turned it into a HORROR YAAAAAAAAAAA?!!! :bawling: I'm having cramps in my neck because of them!! PLEASE TELL KANG CHEOL EVERYTHING!!! HE NEEDS TO KNOW!!! the hooded man is more scary than I thought and Kang Cheol NEEDS TO KNOW what happened to be prepared though I still don't know how he'll deal with it!! :bawling::scream: THAT WAS TERRIFYING!!! please Yeon Joo stay beside Kang Cheol and don't go back to your world!!! how can she deal with this?!!! :bawling::scream: what will happen to him now?!!! :scream::bawling: IS the hooded man trying to make an ally with the prosecuter?!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! ISN'T HE ENOUGH?!!! No please NOOOOOOOOO!! I CAN'T TAKE IT!!! MY HEART CAN'T TAKE IT!!!!!! :bawling::scream: 

I..need ...to ...calm ...down!!.....*shaking* :bawling: 

• Like 21

thanks again everyone for the live recap (recap,shared screen caps & videos).one of the best things about our thread is the sort of systematic recap during broadcast.makes missing the live stream,for some of us,more bearable at least.As usual,our "W" episode left us breathless. Will watch Ep9 by tomorrow on my way to work,hopefully subbed already.

Good night from this side of the world.

• Like 16

I cannot be sure because I need to watch subs for certainty. But what I gathered after watching raw today:

1. SM the writer is back to Korea and decide to continue the series and give the killer an ID and finish it with happy ending. How the story suppose to progress is what we see from SuBong's narration: SM draw his portrait for the killer face (I have hard time understanding this, to be honest, if you know the manhwa world and KC is troublesome, why would you give your face into that world????), and the killer will be arrested, the prosecutor who always against KC will also face some punishment, sohee and KC will eventually end up together (the scene where they head together and KC stroke Sohee's hair is not real, but just imaginative according to Subong's narration). 

2. OYJ gets pulled back into comic world for brief time and from times to times. I think it is because unconsciously KC is thinking about OYJ. She first appear when KC was sleeping, and gradually appear more even when KC is awake. 

3. The killer is ecstatic that he gets a face and a identity. And what we see is what happen after SM draw in himself (the killer got caught by CCTV because he was just given an identity). So what Subong has narrated so far has not happened.

4. I'm curious if people in the real world got killed for nothing? and how to even investigate the cause? (the two bicyclists, the manhwa assistant) they were both killed by the faceless killer....

• Like 14

3 hours ago, jeonghyang said:

@nonski noona

64.gif

@jigee

Voldemort Ahjusshi is an obsessed Kang Chul fan! And he has a horny-sexy bedroom voice!

( Where are you? )

dbff73f50797ff80a9775cd785c785a7.gif

- EPISODE 09 -

that voice is scary dongsaeng!

thanks for the live gifcapping mwuah! @jeonghyang

to all our recappers, translators, vidcappers,screencappers,commentors, thank you!

@Rania Zeid @ilwoo_aein @drmjs @Yippeuni @andy78 @sharreb @sebnem @LyraYoo @pinpxx @theseasasleep @kwonfiree 

@snowglobe147 @alleram95 @parisonheaven @stroppyse

@stargazer187 chingu, you're welcom and it's a pleasure to send shout outs so that fans will gather and watch W.

@ilwoo_aein special thanks to that wet and handsome KC rawr!

and thank you everyone for joining us in our liveblogging tonight, see you all next week!

-----------------------------------

okay i don't think everyone will agree with me, but i mentioned before, i would rather want that it's one episode this week so that we'll go back to the flow but then we have this.  well, as long as we can get and episode, we'll be happy.  but i would have a great effect if we have episode 10 tomorrow as usual :( 

tonight's episode can be describe by me in one word... ROLLERCOASTER!

we're taken back and forth to both worlds, seems like the worlds are now merging?

is it possible about what i said earlier that there is a third dimension or someone controlling all of this?

• Like 22

16 minutes ago, theseasasleep said:

I gagged at two parts in today's episode. 

2.  The future (hopefully never to be ever written) scene of Kang Chul chasing So Hee down in the street and affectionately touching her hair. NEVER AGAIN SHOW!!!!! 

That was hard for me to digest as well! lol! I have nothing against SH but that scene was a no no for me! I know it's part of the story but I just love my OTP so much that I can't buy that particular scene even for 1 second! hope not much of that on the upcoming episodes!( Sorry SH) YJ has suffered so much already that I just want her to catch a break, her tears is really breaking my heart! my poor baby suffering alone! :bawling: 

• Like 19