[Drama 2016] Beautiful Gong Shim 미녀 공심이

mysignisflower

2 hours ago, siena407 said:

huks..another my favourite drama comes to the end.. after Lucky Romance and today is Beautiful Gongshim.. i feel lil sad to hit the reality..

btw thank you sooo much for all recappers and screencappers tonight.. @emme85 @carolinedl @Lady_Fay its our last..sobs.. i might not become recappers since from 1st episode but im glad to join u guys.. hehe

then also for @fragglerock @gotdusty1 @theclairvoyant @libra22 who active during live broadcast..thank youu

@evie7 @irilight gonna miss you unnie... see you at others thread

@emme85 wew its ur last screencapper drama unnie? hope u will get enough rest and back to soompi soon.. gonna miss you.. 

others that i might forget to mentioned..thank youuu so much..hehe

hard to say good bye..but see you on other thread.. :wub:

Highly appreciate for beloved live recappers &

screencappers who dedicated their valuable

times for this thread.

This is really happy ending for me,

I don't have anything to say for BGS. Lol.

Really enjoyed @siena407 recaps & your kind

hearted always mention everyone who work hard

in every thread. Respect for you darl.

Thankyou so much..

I am so happy for you guys *love love love

See you in another thread ^^

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why on earth does the PD film these kisses , where NGM hand and shoulder are blocking the view of the kiss . ( i am not a pervert or anything ) But the filming of the kiss scenes in this Drama  is really weird to me . Only those quick pecks are shown  normally ! 

Ah BGS is finished now !!! snif snif... I just saw quickly in raw the last episode and I enjoyed it. Great episode, beautiful ending. GS is beautiful with her natural haircut, she's sexier too with her clothes. But, I must say that her I missed her wig a little. GS and DT are very cute together. The reconciliation scene between GS and JS's mothers is cutie. See the fathers too made me thinking of the karaoke scene (one of the most funny scenes of the drama :grin:). The families' reunion was touching too. I'll wait the english subs to rewatch entirely and calmly on my laptop. My conclusion is : I'm totally fan of BGS, Nam Gung Min is a great actor ! I'm very happy that he had his first lead role in a rom-com. "Beautiful Gong Shim" is in my top 5 dramas of 2016.

14 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

Which hospital transfer and an internal hospital transfer with an unconscious patient is done in hours?

I mean I am beginning to be disgusted with the writer. For a devoted boyfriend- he didn't warn her of his identity in time. When the news broke. When he was moving his stuff out. Plus when he is leaving the country. It doesn't reflect well how important he regards her. No matter the so called confessions. 

GS has stayed the same for 19 episodes character wise I wish the writer has spent more time on her.

Yeah you're right...Also some writers seem to believe that there only 2 kinds of women: the manipulative gold digger who happens to be very smart  like the elder sister or the sincere & sweet but child like, clumsy  and  dim-witted and almost idiotic (the  face  GS makes and the way she sometimes move her mouth: she's supposed to be an adult for god's sake) ....And please writer, what was that? GS standing on the road  again and busy with her phone ?!!! NOOO way!!  Who  would get herself hit twice in a  very short time? Wasn't she scared the first time? Is she dumb or what? That's freaking not cute at all  :w00t:                                                                                     Well the world is not that simplistic writers !!! And I don't find it fun to watch unsophisticated heroines .....It's almost derogatory as far as women depictions  are concerned...why do some  writers (and audience unfortunately)  think that clumsiness is cute & adorable for God's sake ?!!! I don't get it

Another unrelated point is what is considered family: Am I missing something or does JS and his mom and dad and  his real grandma all live with DT's grandma? Halmuni lives with her husband's mistress? How about JS's uncle? Why is he always there with them at home? Does he live with his sister's  in laws? Pretty messed up situation...Why would halmoni live with all of them and humiliate JS growing up, which shows that they don't truly care about each other: Is this out of a sense of duty? Towards who? Is the brother of the mistress's daughter in law perceived as family?  Either it's very complicated  or as in other cultures: dramas do not reflect the real life /culture.... in Turkish dramas  rich families always live together in a big house...conveniently so  for the sake of the plot but in reality that is very very seldom the case, if ever..so  I guess dramas  can be misleading....

Sorry did not read all the comments. To bad this was the last ep loved the show. There is something I have to get of my chest. Maybe someone already wrote about it I don't know. What is the problem by waiting on the sidewalk instead in the middle of the road, and when a car comes just stand and wait to be run over. This makes you look so dumb. Well that was my rant, going back to see if the subs are out.

11 hours ago, emme85 said:

I would like to say thanks again to all contributors on this thread as @siena407 mentioned... :D U guys had worked so hard!!!

I'm so happy with the way this drama ends though there's no wedding ceremony~~ :bawling: 

But it's better than DT/JP coming back from abroad, finding GS and both looking at each other, smiling and it ends...  #cliche #jinx #ihadenough hahahahaha

Yes @siena407 dongsaeng.. this will be my last screencapping at the moment.. it's tiring for me doing screencap for 3 dramas in a week when I can't/seldom posting anything to discuss about the dramas with the members like I did last year with Mr Back and KMHM... :P I'll join soompi again whenever my RL take some time off from me or there are other dramas that will lure me back to screencapping despite the hectic work in RL.. :D Edit: dongsaeng, I will still see u in Line chat~ ^^

Lastly, thank u so much to all friends that stay together in this thread and liking my posts!! U guys are the best!

See u guys next time in other thread!! I'll come back here whenever I'm mentioned~~ hehehe

hahah.. okeii unniee.. its acceptable that you feel tired.. i only did two but feels tired also..im still looking at other thread for join new recapping drama..but i wonder which drama..lol..yes see you on the chat..lol

9 hours ago, holyfea said:

Highly appreciate for beloved live recappers &

screencappers who dedicated their valuable

times for this thread.

This is really happy ending for me,

I don't have anything to say for BGS. Lol.

Really enjoyed @siena407 recaps & your kind

hearted always mention everyone who work hard

in every thread. Respect for you darl.

Thankyou so much..

I am so happy for you guys *love love love

See you in another thread ^^

thank youu..hehehe.. meet you again in this thread..lol.. sadly the drama already comes to end.. see you in other thread as well..ehehe

On 7/16/2016 at 6:41 PM, lclarakl said:

Okay, I've been waiting to ask this for a while.  Why is this drama named "BEAUTIFUL GONG SHIM" a.k.a. "DEAR FAIR LADY KONG SHIM"?

This drama has always felt like it was about Ahn Dan Tae. Not complaining, but I just never understood the title. I've been waiting 19 episodes for her to get rid of that wig as part of her empowerment makeover.

@IBELIS, I have to admit, out of all the K-drama white truck "almost" accidents, I think this is the one that had me laughing. GS just stands there watching the truck coming at her. The truck is blowing its horns but keeps coming.  DT is dodging across 4 lanes of oncoming traffic to get to her and amazingly, those cars stop without hitting him......really?....:crazy::lol:

I know every time I see a traffic accident in a drama I think they must not have rules of the road and it's OK to run people down as long as you blow your horn and flash your headlights. They must also not teach their kids to look both ways before crossing.

Been having a few sick days and thought I'd whiz through this one.

While I did enjoy the quirky male lead and his interactions with the female lead, I suspect that the rom com elements didn't always sit very comfortably with the makjang ones.

It seemed to alternate between cute, cheesy and outright funny which had me grinning for the most part. Some aspects towards the end were dragged out unnecessarily. 

The ending though nice was a bit flat. Not a fan of these late time jumps.

Still, it's not everyday one sees a wig occupy a starring role in a K drama.

WTH ???? Why on earth would AD leave for a whole year and never get in touch with GS? He couldn't send an email?   It's not like  they  broke up !!!   This makes AD into a total jerk who can't be trusted and it is totally inconsistent with how AD has been depicted so far ...So   nonsensical   i.e. it makes  no sense whatsoever + it is  absolutely UNFORGIVABLE. Nothing can justify such a  weird and irresponsible behavior   :blink:  Who would want to take back such a jerk? And why didn't he even leave a text telling her he was boarding after he waited for her at the airport...I mean  he knew she was on her way and may not be there on time !!! And the crying at the airport: what is GS 5 years old? I may understand that she was mad at him and didn't contact him first....since he was supposed to say something ...Jeez...this is so unhealthy.  This is very sloppy writing  :wub:

I think they were both wrong in not seeing each other for a year.  It's like neither really tried to contact each other.  Was his phone off for a year?  Neither can text!? Did she try again? Did he never pick up?  She never asked JS about him? Or vice versa.  She was late at the airport, but did he never make sure she was okay (since she's been running in traffic lately)? They never tried to contact each other at all? So many questions!  It just makes no sense they didn't try more than once, both of them.  They were dating!  Did he really think she wouldn't wait for him because she wasn't there?  But it's not like there was an explanation.... 

I think a much more realistic approach would be that he had to go to the US because of his father, and they had to deal with the ups and downs of a long distance relationship and how their lives are going in different directions.  Maybe they could have broken up over the year he was gone because of the distance, and THEN get back together.  That makes so much more sense to me...

I still enjoy the drama,  but the year separation and getting back together is illogical to say the least. Actually, I really feel the drama did a disservice to the OTP (as cute as they were) by not having DT ever confide in GS.  I just felt they didn't really know each other fully, and getting back together after a year apart didn't help.  

And I really can't deal with JS' mother being around like it was nothing.  Seriously weird to watch the woman who watched little JP's mother die on the street hang out and meet his future in-laws.  :sweatingbullets:   I also do not understand why he's a lawyer again at the end... 

Overall, I enjoyed this for the two leads.  I hope to see more of them in the future! 

seems like everyone has the same problem with me: the year separation idea. seriously we didn't need a year separation in the last episode.. why didn't they give us a full sweet episode, why that year separation should exist in the middle? it would have been better if they had used the same method with the one in epi 9 (GS in Jeju), they showed some progresses (we knew from how GS took care of the sunflower and thought about DT everyday)... I saw some scenes in epi 20 that weren't that important that could be replaced with some progresses like those in epi 9 ... for example,how GS suffered without DT like what JS said, how GS being better day by day with her career and finally gained her confidence... then continued by that sleeping-in-the-office scene. I think that way would be better than just a caption "1 year later"  this is annoying.

BGS always suprised me with some unpredictable things in their 19 episodes, but episode 20 that supposed to be more unpredictable and special.... turned out to be a one flat episode of BGS... but thanks God, they gave me a NICEEEE AND SWEET SCENES like how DT proposed her in the rooftop apartment and the very ending scene: "Saranghae, Gong Shim-ah" also in that rooftop apartment..... for me, it gave a deep meaning: they met there, did some unforgettable things there, and finally they wrapped things up there too. And I like how GS still bold with her kissed him first hahaha... especially not an usual kiss but multiple kisses.

Despite of some irrationalities and some things that  make me disappointed, I really LOVE this drama that hard. YES. Because it hooked me with their "not normal and not K-Dramas typical" lead male & lead female, sweet things, and of course not only the characters but the actors—the ones who played the characters—were also amazing. I love NGM a lot because he could appear as a nice guy with a really different character from Sensory Couple and Remember, his acting skill amazes me.

I also love Minah bcs I didn't expect that her acting will be that nice and suit her well. 

I love this drama and it will be hard to find a drama to make me move on... honestly BGS made me move on from Sassy, Go Go! hahaha. I was this freak when watched SGG, but I think BGS made me more freaker (?).

well, they haven't made a wrap up party? I am waiting for some updates about the wrap up party, but still nothing up

They need the year to make GS social level more acceptable. Then the mother to be forgiven.

Although obvious as all heck the implied closeness between GS and JS was funny. GM and him NOT at all

Did I miss something? Was Minah ever that bosomy? Or GS I mean. Her S line was everywhere in the last 30 minutes. Anyone here young enough to tell me how high was her skirt level to show that much thigh.

And the kiss scenes were so that NGM is not shown to be showing deep kisses. Or NOT doing deep lip pressing or movement on the younger actress. 

And this is pure curiosity since if I am being perverted I would say it. Can he or any guy actually pop those buttons one by one? I died cringing turning away watching it. That was funny.

Okay my caution and pesimistic side made me doubt the ending completely but after watching it through i still gush over it.  They rounded out quite a few issues, JS moved on, GM grew some and confessed to her stupidity (which i didnt think would happen), uncle completely lost it in jail (now that was hilarious to watch), and they handled the time apart perfectly as well in matching there sense of humour, she grew the daffodil when she was away last time she was suppose to distract herself with growing this plant while he was away all the more curious how he felt.  He was an idiot for not telling her it was there......lol

Those two so belong together finally some of the chemistry that was missing the last few episodes was back in the final part.  I enjoyed this so much along with all the people on this part of the forum as well each weekend that I must admit I am going to be at a loss now finding something just as good to sink my teeth into replacing it with.

But as in typical drama style we can resoak ourselves over and over and over and over and over and over and over again in re-runs, then if we get bored we can go back over and over and over again.....lol

Archived