[Drama 2016] Beautiful Gong Shim 미녀 공심이

mysignisflower

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, it's over..& I have such mixed feelings..all along this has been such a restrained  relationship..the frustration level has been high..let me become Wonder Woman:

I wonder why people can't  communicate with each other when just a few words would do the trick ?

I wonder why   people just stand in the road & watch the car of doom coming at them..I would surely throw MYSELF out of the way..it's just wrong writers, & against nature !

I wonder why people don't take the time in a  whole year  to text or call the person they supposedly adore.. com'n guys..it only takes a minute or two..AnDanT got off to easy with just a light chest pounding & kick in the shins..way to easy..

All that said, I pretty much liked this drama & mostly because of our adorable OTP..their moments were the best..the time skip was ok..but I have one to offer on my own:

let's have a seven year skip where GS & DT are married with a little GS happily watering sunflowers & a little DT eating cookies off the floor..now I'm happy    

c1b2b60141e9ac7e85d526aa08b650a4.jpg

db7576b58b5de77abcc4f53e6f239c86.jpg

9b2870b85b1b2862aa044f2e14559291.jpg

On 7/16/2016 at 11:02 AM, carolinedl said:

@lupita311 I actually did not see that coming. I thought JS's mother would get punished, at least for knowing what happened and not saying anything. For being an accessory to the crime or sthg like that.

OK, I like the wig and all but GS needs to stop wearing it now :P why is she wearing it at the end?!

I said it a couple of posts ago she was going to be exiled to the US, I thought JS was going to go with her, but it wasn't him that left...

Koreans love the time skip thing, I don't know, I would say if someone leaves me for a year, no contact nothing I would move on, six months and I will say I am unattached, I would change my status to available and look for someone else, that has to die in dramas, I think since MNKSS we had enough, it is not logical, no phone calls, no messages, nothing, love dies, it is a living organism that if you don't feed it and you don't take care of it, it dies... I don't know... It is my only complaint, the whole drama was amazing and NGM won everyone's hearts, he is amazing.  Just that I think he is better as a bad guy, no that he is not amazing as a romantic guy and as a lead, he is, but bad guys show more acting skills they do faces they plot they do stuff, good guys are always guided by others and circumstances at least in dramas, bad guys don't care they do the impossible to win, that is NGM... His deadly stare has to be used for evil not for good I think.   Great drama, I will miss it. I will  request another button scene on another drama, to all the writers and PD of all the dramas with hot guys like NGM in it, I really think he did it right there it was an ad lib to the scene, but OMG I enjoyed it... I want a repeat...

Here came the ending of another good show! The ending however I thought they could have shown slightly in a different way..as in all those issues could've have resolved in epi 18..then epi 19 about DT going and coming back from USA and trying to win back the angry GS..then epi 20 all about 3 of the family connecting ,GS DT romance and at least upto altar like marriage not dating..at least..I felt it..I just wanted a little bit more DT and GS romance..

It was a great and actually the first show I've watched after a long time since my exam was done..so worth it!!

All the Chingus:)!!! Gumao..Chincha chincha Gumao for all the hardworks to get us the written updates...previews. .live update.. . the show became a lot more enjoyable and it was wonderful watching it with all of you:)

The whole year separation really pissed me off bc in the end it didn't even matter that he went to study!!!  he went back to being a lawyer and im assuming he's just going to do that until grandma passes away and then take over the company? I could understand him leaving for like 6 months tops bc his old dad was sick and dying or whatever, but he didn't contact his freakin girlfriend NOT ONCE?? no email, not even a stupid letter? He just had NO TIME at all to facetime or like facebook her? ok so maybe he didn't have access to facebook or like internet for a while, but a whole damn year...YEAR?? plus he was super rich, he could've just come back to Korea for a week or something to at least clear things up with Gong Shim. And,  I don't understand why he couldn't have just come back to  Korea to study business and management? like are there no schools  at all in korea that offer courses and majors in that? I just feel like it was an easy way out for the writer to throw in a good ol' cliche separation period in the last stupid episode. The most annoying this is that it didn't even make sense! I get the dad part bc he had to help him and stuff, but a year really wasn't necessary  to me. 

Despite complaining about everything, i'm really gonna miss this drama. I think i'll miss namgoong min and minah more than anything, they both did a really great job with the characters and their chemistry was great too despite having the age difference in the back of my mind lol. So, were they married at the end? He asked her to marry him and they both had rings on, so im assuming they had a wedding at some point? They really could have just made episode 20 all about gong shim and dan tae getting back together in the first 10 minutes, then the rest would be them getting married and having a family a few years down the line. The whole idea of the proposal was really cute, but maybe if he had CONTACTED HER she would have gotten the ring. I wanted to see them get married and have a cute married life. I guess th only drama i can remember off the top of my head that showed that is Fated To Love You lol. I'm also really happy they switched to Banmal in the end, i love when they do that haha! 

I hated the last episode through and through, no amount of cute can make up for the stupid writing that made Dante going completely silent for one year on his girl in the world where there is twitter, facebook, snapchat, skype and the most old form of communication that there is telephone. I hated the whole kidnapping plot as it took away the humor. I still think the story did not do justice to the cast. Gong Shim's father and Jun Su's dad, I wanted more of it. Gong Mi was a character that had promise but the writers chose to ignore any development of a plot line for her which was a crime, the actress is talented, her character was just poorly written and one dimensional. Ju Su's omoni was completely in on the kidnapping and she is an accomplice, to send her to jail would mean a not so happy ending for Jun Su so they ignored that as well.

I still enjoyed the show, I liked the oddball characters and was happy with the show for most parts. I will miss this thread and the crazy characters. Namgoong Min did shine like a bright star here and nobody could have done the role justice but him.

well well ! Like many of you guys I hated the separation part. It didn't make any sense that DT-GS realtionship will be cut for a whole year and then suddenly just with a note and a ring DT got his girl back. I am sorry, I am not buying it, writer-nim. It would have been much better, if they kept in touch through skype and co like @Nymeria289 said and like in the japanese drama " rich man, poor woman". The two lovers kept skyping, when she was in Brazil . Besides, the  DT we know would never cut off GS for richard simmons whole year and leave her hurt, confused and worried to death about him and his sick father. But I guess they didn't have much scenes to fill a whole episode , so they made this random decision about the time skip and the JunSo accident etc. Anyway , BGS will always be my good mood drama. I will absolutely watched over and over again and laugh my heart out . It was to much fun to watch the interaction between GS-DT, GT-GoNam , GS-JUNSO'S FATHER and the two abonims together. The writer did a very good job with the comedy part. I give him for that 10/10 . As for the romance it is only a 6.5/10 . They are a real cute couple but not enough romantic to me. Next time PD-nim , Writer-nim,  if the age difference between the actors make them uncomfortable to film a proper kissing scenes , please look for some actors  who has the same ages or who are not awkward about it . The kisses were a disappointment to me. I was expecting more realistic ones . I am not fan either of kisses á la "Oh Hae Young " but please, dear PD,  go watch the drama  "it is ok, that s love " and take some notes on how to film a beautiful and not perverted kissing scene :phew:

I agree with you @Nymeria289 they didn't do justice to the actress playing Gong Mi and even the character of  JunSo was randomly written. The kidnapping and birth secret took sooooooo much episodes to be revealed . That was absolutely unnecessary. But I know writing whole 20 episodes and keeping things going and not making a dragging drama is not easy . So the writer did his best and maybe the better was to keep this drama at 16 episodes. 

However I wish that we will get a season 2, where all the mistakes in this season will be corrected and we will have more GS-DT!  :D ( yes I know after bashing the writer and PD so much I dare to ask for a season 2) 

Anyway , I am glad that I got introduced to Minah ( I am now a fan of her as an actress and as one hell of good singer, go check her duet with Verbal Jint, guys , they have beautiful songs  )  and discovered more talent of Namgoong Min ( I am still not sure about his first and last name to be honest I am confused ) . I hope to see them acting in more dramas.  Wish them best of luck and I will be looking forwards to their news . 

Thanks for all the chingus in this thread for live recaps and  screen shots . You guys did really a very good job ! Kamsamnida and see you around  :heart:

I have enjoyed this drama...many light and funny moments to lighten one's heart and day. I absolutely agree with everyone here that for ADT not to contact GS for a whole year in this day and age of the internet is too hilarious to be acceptable! It is not as if they had a misunderstanding or there was a restriction order banning their communication so why could he not at least let her know that he was ok, that he missed her and was trying to make full use of the time there so that he could come back to her quickly. sigh...writer-nim failed on this part, badly.

Still, I will remember Beautiful Gong Sim with fondness. Thank you friends of this thread. I have found your comments and views interesting. 

just to have the complete set of recaps posted here, here are the last two recaps from dramabeans for reference for those who may watch the show later on...

Drama Recaps

Beautiful Gong Shim: Episode 19

by chickachunga | July 19, 2016 | 44 Comments

gongsh19-00361a.jpg

The end is near, and the truth finally becomes known to all, but not everyone emerges unscathed. Harboring a dark secret for far too long inflicts immeasurable pain, and old feelings die hard. Sometimes it’s too late for forgiveness, but for the corrupt and greedy-minded, there’s no time like the present to exact revenge when it’s least expected.

full recap: http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/07/beautiful-gong-shim-episode-19/

Drama Recaps

Beautiful Gong Shim: Episode 20 (Final)

by CandidClown | July 21, 2016 | 92 Comments

GongShim20-00848_1.jpg

Buckle up, folks! It may be the last episode, but there’s a lot of ground left to cover before we can send our characters off into that k-drama sunset.

After locking up his enemies and revealing himself to the world, Dan-tae has a whole new life beckoning. With Gong Shim also starting a new chapter in her life, our leads will need to decide: Will they start these new lives together, or has the time come to part ways?

full recap: http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/07/beautiful-gong-shim-episode-20-final/

---

I really enjoyed this show as the makjang was kept low profile compared to the usual weekend drama fare, so I will recommend for those who want to watch a light-hearted show once in a while. Hope the show's successor that which starts next week will be as light and fluffy as well...

Archived