NETWORK: SBS

DIRECTOR: BAEK SOO CHAN

WRITER: LEE HEE MYUNG

EPISODES: 20

RELEASE: 2016.05.14

AIRING TIME: SAT/SUN 22:00 

----------------

SYNOPSIS

Here we have a beautiful and talented older sister and her younger sister, who is less attractive but still has got a beautiful mind. And two men appear in front of the siblings: a progressively more attractive man, who moved into a humble rental room on rooftop of their building, another man who is handsome and wealthy from a plutocrat family. The romance-comedy drama depicts an eventful and unpredictable love story by the four people from such a warmhearted point of view. [Hancinema]

----------------

MAIN CAST 

gongshim3.jpg

ahndantae2.jpg

gongmi.jpg

sukjoonsoo.jpg   

OTHER CAST MEMBERS

other.jpg

----------------

NOTES

Namgoong Min's first lead acting role for a major broadcasting station.

Namgoong Min previously worked with director Baek Soo-Chan and screenwriter Lee Hee-Myung in 2015 SBS drama series "The Girl Who Sees Smells."

----------------

OFFICIAL HQ POSTERS

13faa5483687372.jpg 1d4ae1483687417.jpg ebe9d8483687451.jpg 9b7fa8483687502.jpg 05b260483687535.jpg 81229e483687577.jpg 63c1f4483687626.jpg 225618483687655.jpg ce92ce483687683.jpg 4747e6483687716.jpg 

----------------

PRESS PHOTOS

eb8e27483477790.jpg 8f76da483477799.jpg b587dd483477805.jpg ab58bd483477815.jpg

MORE ON PAGE 6 | 7

----------------

TEASERS

1 | 2 | 3 | 4

----------------

OST PART 1

OST1.png  

Woo Ye Rin - Struggling To You 힘들어하는 너에게

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw064dZ9BZY

OST PART 2

ost2.png

Minah - My First Kiss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og-ACcEMYR0

OST PART 3

ost3.png

Choi Sang Yup - My Face Is Burning 화끈화끈해

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8u67MuNIMg

OST PART 4

ost4.png

Jang Woo Ram - Love Cells 연애세포

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkjBzL8s2VU

OST PART 5

ost5.png

CoffeeBoy - Found 찾았다

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrVlh3MzYxc

OST PART 6

ost6.png

DinDin & Juniel - You Look Pretty 예뻐보여

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjkbWcVyT9I

OST PART 7

Beautiful%20Gong%20Shim%20OST%20Part%207

NELL - Waiting For You  기다린다

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxaJks4Ut24

OST PART 8

2695140_500.jpg

Wheesung - Again  자꾸만

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZOWOb8UuJo

OST PART 9

cover.jpg

Yeoeun - If It's You  그대라면

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmUARjAq6Dc

----------------

DRAMABEANS RECAPS

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 1516 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 

HANCINEMA RECAPS

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11| 12 | 13 | 14 | 15161718 | 19 | 20 

----------------

OFFICIAL LINKS

WEBSITE | FACEBOOK

01.Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.

02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.

03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.

04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 

05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Namgoong Min to Star in Upcoming SBS Weekend Drama

NamgoongMinSmiling-800x450.jpg

March 23, 2016

Actor Namgoong Min has been cast as the male lead for SBS‘ upcoming weekend drama entitled “Beast’s Beauty” (literal translation).

On March 24, his agency 935 Entertainment confirmed that he will be portraying the main character An Dante, a charming ladies man who has gone from an ex-con to a human rights lawyer and finally become the heir of a chaebol.

This will mark Namgoong Min’s first time to star in a drama airing on a major broadcasting station (KBS, MBC, SBS) since his debut. According to his agency, they have been contacted by drama and film representatives ever since Namgoong Min’s impressive performance on the SBS drama “Remember,” but they have decided to continue working with SBS for his next project.

“Beast’s Beauty” will start filming in mid-April, and is expected to premiere in May after “Mrs. Cop 2” ends its run.

SOOMPI

Namgoong Min lands lead role in Beast’s Beauty for SBS

baekjinhee_56.jpg

March 24, 2016

Yay for Namgoong Min (Remember—Son’s War), who’s coming off a string of scene-stealing villain roles to land his first lead role in a broadcast drama, which is tentatively titled Beast’s Beauty. He must’ve made a good impression on his Girl Who Sees Smells producers, since that drama’s PD and writer are the ones behind this new drama, also for SBS. He is confirmed, while Baek Jin-hee (My Daughter Geum Sa-wol) is currently considering.

Namgoong Min recently said he wanted to stop playing drama villains, and this’ll give him a good opportunity to do so; it tells the story of one man’s struggle-filled life and the love that blossoms in it. I know, a terribly generic description, but it is a drastic turnaround from the drama’s original premise: When initially announced, it was titled Dance With Youand about an idol producer, but everything’s been scrapped and the only things remaining are the producers.

The main character has a “manly appearance with a childlike smile,” which means either Namgoong Min was perfectly cast or the description was written about him. His name is Ahn Dan-te, which… really? Andante? Are you sure you’re not a music drama anymore? He’s the best fighter around and an ex-con who’s sent to prison on a false charge, then also a human rights lawyer and even a chaebol heir. Wait, what? I guess they really do mean it when they call his a roller-coaster life.

Baek Jin-hee’s character is a hard-working young woman struggling to land a job, which is a description I can easily see her in (and have seen her in, say in High Kick 3). I’m sure it’ll all make sense in the end, right? I do have some faith in the writer, who has penned some very charming dramas like Bad Family and Rooftop Prince, as well as the melodrama Yawang. Ah, in any case I’ll be happy to see Namgoong Min take the lead for once! Also, not killing or in murderous rages all the time, even if he’s so very good at that.

Beast’s Beauty will follow Mrs. Cop 2 on weekends, premiering May 14.

DRAMABEANS

Ha Suk-jin in contention to join Beast’s Beauty

hasukjin_76.jpg

March 25, 2016

Well, so far so good: SBS’s Beast’s Beauty just cast Namgoong Min (Remember - Son’s War) to star, and now Ha Suk-jin (D-Day) is up to play his half-brother.

The producers, who previously collaborated on Girl Who Sees Smells, initially got the green light for a drama about idol producers titled Dance With You, but have since revamped their concept. Or maybe it’s more accurate to say they completely chucked it and started over with a page-one rewrite, since the new description has nothing in common with the old one: It centers around one man’s up-and-down life, his love story, and his revenge — but as an upbeat, satisfying romantic comedy.

I don’t know how they’ll achieve so many things, but you know, I’m willing to give it a shot since I like the sound of the disparate parts (and Girl Who Sees Smells was also quirky in its mixing of comedy, mystery, and crime thriller). Namgoong Min plays an ex-convict who went to prison after being wrongly accused, who then becomes a human rights lawyer and even the heir to a chaebol company.

All we know about Ha Suk-jin’s character is that he’s the hero’s half-brother; as they share a mother, I’d say there’s a good chance Ha Suk-jin won’t be a chaebol. (Not that mothers can’t be chaebols, but so often these stories of lost or newly discovered chaebols have a patrilineal bent.)

Baek Jin-hee (My Daughter Geum Sa-wol) is in talks to play the cute, determined young woman who falls into a love triangle with both brothers. (Of course. Why even have two brothers in a drama if you’re not going to make them fight over a woman?)

Beast’s Beauty will broadcast after Mrs. Cop 2 as an SBS weekend drama, and premieres on May 14.

DRAMABEANS

Finally Nam Goong Min is the leading role. I always love him but I hate if he plays as the villain all the time even though he's so good in his role. But with Ha Suk Jin on the list, I don't really think that he will me the main lead. Ha Suk Jin should be the main lead. And Baek Jin Hee? I thought she just wrapped My Daughter Geum Sa Wol so that means no break for her. And if this is the 50 episode drama again then she will be really tired

Thank you @mysignisflower for starting the thread.

I have been excited about this upcoming drama ever since I first heard of it.  I have loved Namgoong Min ever since watching his Bromance with Kim Jae-Won in "Can You Hear my Heart..."

Waves to friends here, hello-red-crab

shoutout to @ororomunroe, @evie7, @andy78, @valsava, @Misstwilightfan1416, @Mico Ricco, @zenya22, @LavelyShai,

SBS Bringing Together Namgong Min, Baek Jin Hee, and Ha Suk Jin for The Beauty of the Beast

hasio1.jpg

Read article on source

Glad you will be joining us, @LavelyShai, chingu....! Will be great to share a thread with  you again.  :)

Namgoong Min cast in his first lead role 18 years after debut

namgoong%2Bmin.jpg

Ilgan Sports - Nate: [Exclusive] Namgoong Min finally lands first lead role in a public broadcast drama 18 years after debut

1. [+1,106, -15] As a matter of fact, Nam Gyu Man is a lead role

2. [+861, -9] Hul, it's his first lead role?  I thought he's been playing lead roles all this time...

3. [+830, -9] Namgoong Min hyung, congrats on your first lead role!!! I'll make sure to watch it

4. [+30, -1] He's such a good actor but never once played a lead role. His screen presence is lead role-level though ㅋㅋㅋ

5. [+28 -1] This is my time knowing about thisㅋㅋㅋ Hope you can show amazing acting to your heart's contents!!!

6. [+27, -2] Apart from that, he made a cameo in 'Cheomdamdong Alice' as Moon Geun Young's boyfriend and his acting was great. He played a poor guy who cried wondering about his salary and the debts he owed. He said something like no matter how hard he tried, he can't get out of his situation. His acting was so good and realistic and made his character relatable

7. [+25, -1] He was born with the talent but took him 18 years to get to his first leading role while idols easily snatch up these opportunities thanks to their agencies. richard simmons

8. [+13, -1] Hard to believe Bong Maru in 'Can You Hear My Heart?' was only a supporting role

source

Yes. deserved!

"7. [+25, -1] He was born with the talent but took him 18 years to get to his first leading role while idols easily snatch up these opportunities thanks to their agencies. richard simmons"

Happy! NGM in lead role.

@irilight same here watched him in CYHMY

OT: sorry just thinking.. others I wanna see in lead role. Ji Soo. Seo Jun Young. D.O (though he's an idol, he can act!)

Namgoong Min returns to good guy role for SBS drama Beast's Beauty

4c251c90-34ec-4628-9203-0fa46e63e468.png

There's no denying that Namgoong Min makes an excellent bad guy, as evidenced by his recent roles in Sensory Couple and Remember, but if you've been waiting to see him play the hero for once, here's your chance! The actor confirmed that he accepted the lead role in upcoming SBS drama Beast's BeautyBaek Jin Hee and Ha Suk Jin are also considering roles in the drama.

Beast's Beauty will be Namgoong Min's first time playing the lead in a major network drama, which seems crazy, but it's true. He will play Ahn Dan Te, a charmer who leads a rollercoaster life. He goes from a brawling ex-con who's wrongly sent to prison to a human rights lawyer, and then, to top it all off, it turns out that he's a chaebol heir! Of course he's a chaebol heir — what kind of drama would it be otherwise?

Baek Jin Hee (Pride and Prejudice) is up to play his love interest, an upbeat and hardworking young woman (is there any other kind in dramaland?). She ends up in a love triangle with Ahn Dan Te and his half-brother, the role Ha Suk Jin (The Woman Who Married Three Times) is currently considering.

6c0ebe70-7270-4724-ad9a-1d60c3758321.png

Lest this sound like an over-the-top melodrama premise, the writer-director team behind the series also produced Sensory Couple, and they have described the show as a feel-good romantic comedy.

What do you think of this premise and cast? Are you happy that Namgoong Min is finally getting his moment to shine? Are you looking forward to seeing more of his abs acting? Share your thoughts in the comments!

Please click on Awesome button and tell DramaFever you want to see this drama subbed.

Please comment on DramaFever blog

@mysignisflower thanks for starting this thread.

Well it looks like Baek Jin Hee is in another drama so soon she not long finished up MDGSW drama. And now this one with her having a love triangle as 2 mens wanting to be with her, (hmm) there's no complaints from me :D

@irilight, @evie7 @jongski hi chingu's and waving glad we'll be watching another drama together as we got two handsome gentleman's who can be eye candies as well :P

Girl’s Day’s Minah in Talks to Join Namgoong Min in “The Beauty and the Beast”

minah-800x450.jpg

April 8, 2016

Girl’s Day‘s Minah is considering joining the cast of SBS‘ upcoming weekend rom-com “The Beauty and the Beast” starring Namgoong Min.

Her agency Dream Tea Entertainment revealed on April 8, “Minah has received an offer to appear on ‘The Beauty and the Beast.’ The negotiations are still ongoing, but we looking over the offer rather positively. We plan to make the final decision next week.”

Minah is in talks for the role of Gong Shim, a relentless young woman trying to find her place in the exhaustingly competitive job market. Acress Baek Jin Heepreviously turned down her offer for the same role.

Written by the creator of “The Girl Who Can See Smells,” “The Beauty and the Beast” is expected to premiere on May 14 after “Mrs. Cop 2” ends its run.

SOOMPI

Upcoming Korean drama "The Beauty of the Beast"

photo711418.jpg

Added the upcoming Korean drama "The Beauty of the Beast"'s page to HanCinema database

"The Beauty of the Beast" (2016)

Directed by Baek Soo-chan

Written by Lee Hee-myeong

Network  : SBS

With Nam Goong-min, Oh Hyun-kyeong,...

Sat, Sun 22:00
Synopsis
Here we have a beautiful and talented older sister and her younger sister, who is less attractive but still has got a beautiful mind. And two men appear in front of the siblings: a progressively more attractive man, who moved into a humble rental room on rooftop of their building, another man who is handsome and wealthy from a plutocrat family. The romance-comedy drama depicts an eventful and unpredictable love story by the four people from such a warmhearted point of view.

Broadcast starting date in Korea : 2016/05/14

Source

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am so glad that Oh Hyun-kyeong  confirmed....! Happy Dance...!  piece-of-cake-smiley-01.gif?1301944211

Archived